You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "ALI BIRD" started this thread

Reg: Nov 22nd 2007

Children: William and Charlotte

Friday, November 23rd 2012, 10:15pm

Poss cause of infertility????

Hey ya'll

it's been an age since I have posted here, although I still pop in now and again to see how my few remaining old friends are doing.

For some reason, recently I have been thinking about the births of my two beautiful children and the slight complication during their births and was wondering if this could have been related to my unexplained infertility. After 4 years of TTC we had our first cycle of IVF which was succesfull, during the birth of my son it was a long hard labour and after 26 hours they gave me an episiotomy as one side of my cervix had not dialated, they eased my cervix over his head to allow him out. I never thought anything of it until the birth of my daughter (complete natual surprise), this was a much easier labour and after just 11 hours I felt the urge to push at which point my midwife explaimed that part of my cervix had prolapsed with her head (WTF!!!), thankfully it went back with no further problems but it seems that the same thing happened, my cervix did not dialate on one side.

Since then I have often wondered if I have a problem with my cervix which was the cause of my infertility, has anybody heard of anything like this or does anybody 'in the know' think this may be a possibility? I had a colposcopy in my early twenties due to a few abnormal smears but all was well and I was assured that this would not have reflected on my fertility. Maybe after giving birth once, this somehow stretched my cervix to allow me a natural BFP? Also while charting prior to my IVF, I could never figure out what they meant by the change in your cervix during OV as mine always felt the same and I also didn't really get a change in CM either but all tests assured me that I was ovulating.

Anyway, the reason that I thought that I would post this is in case anybody else that is still on the rollar-coaster, may relate to my story and put this possible theory to their docs/consultants which could help.

Every day I am thankful for my family and also think of all of you that are still out there struggling with infertilty and my heart goes out to you all. I wont patronise you by saying 'relax' and it will happen but please try not to give up hope, amazing things happen every day, I am proof.

Love to you all

blowkiss

IVF #1 2008 :BFP: William born 15/2/09
Our 6 yr TTC journey WAS over
Shocking natural :BFP: Charlotte born 10/9/11
:happy: Our family is now complete :happy:

gemmab

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Feb 8th 2008

Children: 2 miracle icsi boys and 2 step kids.

What's Up?
Getting ready for another egg donation!!!

Saturday, November 24th 2012, 7:49am

I can't answer your question Hun but just wanted to say hi.xxxx

ICSI 1 Apr 08-m/c 9.5.8
FETJul 08-BFN
ICSI 2 Dec 08 (ES) -I'm a mummy Kaynan arrived 19.8.09! :heart:
ICSI 3 Dec 10 (ES) -BFN
FET Mar 11- BFP- M/C ;(
ICSI 4 (ES) -:BFP: 1.7.11 Cobi arrived 09.03.12 [zx160]
Egg donation Aug 2012 BFN for recipient- gutted
Egg donation Dec 2012 Recipient :BFP:
Egg donation 27.05.2013- not great - please pray for the recipient :dust:

Sunday, November 25th 2012, 7:22pm

Hey Gem, great to see you. How are the boys?

I see that you have been donating eggs, what an absolutely amazing thing to do, you are so generous

Love to you all

blowkiss

gemmab

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Feb 8th 2008

Children: 2 miracle icsi boys and 2 step kids.

What's Up?
Getting ready for another egg donation!!!

Sunday, November 25th 2012, 7:24pm

The boys are just amazing and my everything. But hey you know that already.

Yeah it's time for me to give a little bit back before I get too old lol

Make sure you keep us updated.xxx

ICSI 1 Apr 08-m/c 9.5.8
FETJul 08-BFN
ICSI 2 Dec 08 (ES) -I'm a mummy Kaynan arrived 19.8.09! :heart:
ICSI 3 Dec 10 (ES) -BFN
FET Mar 11- BFP- M/C ;(
ICSI 4 (ES) -:BFP: 1.7.11 Cobi arrived 09.03.12 [zx160]
Egg donation Aug 2012 BFN for recipient- gutted
Egg donation Dec 2012 Recipient :BFP:
Egg donation 27.05.2013- not great - please pray for the recipient :dust:

Grace

Princess of the Universe

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 29th 2008

Children: 1 beautiful little son conceived through ICSI and one equally beautiful little boy concieved naturally!

What's Up?
Oh god I've got Puppies!

Thursday, November 29th 2012, 8:28pm

Well it is possible if your cervix wasn't opening or dropping properly during ovulation then your dh's little men would have struggled to get through. When I charted my cycles pre IVF I noticed that my cervix didn't ever seem to open like it was supposed to around ovulation, it dropped and went soft but didn't ever seem to open (TMI I know) then after having J my cervix was never really closed all cycle long (when something the size of his head went through it I'm not surprised it stretched a tad). Shortly after stopping bfding J I conceived L and I've always wondered if my cervix (and total lack of EWCM which again became abundant after having J) were the reason i didn't have any luck prior to IVF. In the USA it's more common for stuff like that to be checked before IVF but sadly it's sadly lacking in this country.

ICSI BFP DS1 born Nov 09
Natural BFP DS2 born Sept 11

sasha146

Reg: Aug 13th 2011

What's Up?
Adoption assessment complete

Thursday, November 29th 2012, 8:48pm

gemmab - sorry this doesn't have anything to do with your post but i'm interested in donating my eggs and i'd love to hear any information you have

x
ME 30 DH 37

ICSI Oct 11 :BFP
bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Friday, November 30th 2012, 9:08pm

Gem, great to see you so happy :) I'd love to donate my eggies but unfortunately mine weren't quite up to the job, you are amazing! Will keep in touch, promise.

Grace, thanks for the reply hun, it's interesting that we both had similar experiences with one medical miracle and one natural miracle :happy: I was always a bit curious why we struggled but it was either pay for investigations or pay for tx as couldn't afford both (damn postcode lottery). I don't suppose it matters now but still feel for everybody who is still struggling :cuddle:

blowkiss

MrsW

Ace

Reg: Feb 27th 2008

Children: None but so ready to be a mummy

Friday, January 25th 2013, 4:23pm

Hi Guys.

I do often wonder if my cervix is part or all of the problem. Me & DH have been TTC for 8 years now, we had numerous IUI procedures, 2 full IVF cycles & one frozen transfer ... the common theme for me is very painful transfers ... On my last cycle of IVF in August 2011 the pain was unbearable ... 2 nurses tried to do the transfer & then they had to get a Doctor. It was a day 6 Blastocyst transfer and I honestly think had it been a day 5, they would have asked me to have gone back the following day and have been put to sleep for the procedure. (I heard the Doctor asking the Nurse what day Blastocyst we were having transfered.

I also really struggle with smear tests ... these hurt like hell as well.

Grace you mention you noticed that your cervix wasn't opening during ovulation ? ,... Do you mind me asking how you can tell this ? .. You can send a direct message of it TMI whoops3

Thanks x x x

Me 33 DH 34 Unexplained Infertility. Trying for almost 8 years
4 Failed attempts at IUI June 2008 - May 2009.
IVF August 2009. :BFN:
November 15th 2009 .. FET :BFN:
April 2010. 2nd attempt at IVF. Cycle Cancelled.
August 2011: IVF 1 Blastocyst Transferred. :BFN:

Still with hope.

My Diary

Friday, January 25th 2013, 4:32pm

Can't really answer your question, although it is all very interesting! Just wanted to say hi, it's been a while! Hope you are all well! Xx

Reg: May 14th 2018

Monday, May 14th 2018, 4:14pm

Hey. I am so sorry for you. It seems very painful. Sometimes people miscarry and become infertile due to the cervix incompetency. It may cause premature births. It is treatable but it takes time. My friend had it and so she decided to go for surrogacy. She searched for a clinic and now she is a mother. She went to a clinic in Europe.

Sunday, May 20th 2018, 8:28pm

hello there! I hope you are doing great. there can be so many possible reasons for infertility. a lot of things account for infertility, stress is one of the factors. endometriosis, polyps in tubes, a chronic disease etc. so many reasons. I think you should consult your doctor on every step. and do not stress at all. I went for surrogacy and it has been amazing for me. I have two babies and my family is complete. I had a miscarriage and the second time I tried to conceive, no luck. doctors said it was due to previous birth failure. you should stay strong through this and not stress at all. I hope it turns out well for you. stay blessed, thank you.

Sunday, June 3rd 2018, 9:52pm

hey there! I hope you are doing great. I am so sorry to hear about your loss. there can be so many reasons for your infertility. I think there is always a cause it can never be unexplained. you should try to relax and focus on your health more and more. stay diet conscious . and you should stay strong and be hopeful. there are options like surrogacy and IVF. these options are best for women like us, struggling with infertility.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE