You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "Mrsmitchy" started this thread

Reg: Jan 9th 2012

Children: 1 daughter aged 6 the light of our lives

Monday, January 9th 2012, 7:37pm

Looking for tips

Hi I'm new to this but really just looking for some advice. I had a beautiful baby girl almost 7 years ago with no problems at all, then decided we would try again straight away for another as we always wanted a big family. 6 years later and we are still waiting..... Both me and my husband have had tests done and All came back fine. I have regular periods although they only last 2-3 days. The doctor put me on clomid for 6 months to see if it would help but it didn't. In the meantime we were saving money in case it came to ivf which it did. In April last year we had our 1st try at IVF which was unsuccessful. Because we have a daughter we have to pay for it and could I ly afford to do this once. It will take us another few years to save this again. I am getting to the point now where I don't know what else to do. Can anyone advise me of tablets, remedies anything really I would be so grateful

Curlytails

GLOBAL MODERATOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Apr 18th 2010

Children: One gorgeous boy

What's Up?
:)

Monday, January 9th 2012, 7:40pm

Hi and welcome

I hope you like it on here, we have very friendly and supportive members that are sure to make your TTC journey that little bit easier, I hope you feel right at home with us all soon.

Here are some links that you may find useful.

There is an abbreviations section HERE so you know what we're all going on about.

There is a secondary infertility/trying again section HERE where you can talk to others in a similar position to yourself.

There is a trying again chatter thread HERE where you can get to know some of the others trying again.

There is an IVF/ICSI section HERE with a FAQ section HERE where you will find a great introduction to IVF/ICSI.

There is a cycle buddies section HERE so you can get to know others having TX at the same time as you.

There is a 2WW section HERE and a 2WW CHAT thread HERE so you can compare every twinge and symptom with everyone else.

There is a clinic feedback & chat section HERE so you can look up your clinic and ask others any questions about it.

There is a ** GETTING STARTED - FZ FACTS, TIPS & HELP ** thread HERE this contains everything you need to know about getting started on FZ. We would appreciate it too if you could take a quick look over our brief terms of the site HERE so you can familiarise yourself with the one or two small rules we have, which help to keep FZ the safe and friendly site it is!

There is a how to search thread HERE so you can get the maximum benefit from the forum.

FertilityZone is free to join and 90% of the forum is free to use. You may however like to become a member and take advantage of all of the special benefits and fun bits that this gives you! We have a thread HERE which tells you how to subscribe and explains all of the extras that you will enjoy as a member!

And finally!! Have you seen that lots of our members have fancy names in their signatures? If you’re interested in having something similar it’s really easy to do. Have a look HERE to choose a style. If there isn't one you like there, let us know the kind of thing you'd like and we'll try and create one for you.

If you have any questions about anything, just ask. :smile:

Wishing you all the luck in the world with your TTC journey

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
3 x MMC, 3 x :BFN:, 1 x failed thaw
Two gorgeous boys.

Monday, January 9th 2012, 7:44pm

Thank you. What a great help to get me started

Monday, January 9th 2012, 7:54pm

Have you had a lap and dye done to check all is in working order with your tubes etc? How did the last cycle go? Did you get many eggs? xxx

Monday, January 9th 2012, 8:09pm

Yes tubes are fine. We got 7 eggs and had 2 put back in but it didn't work

Grace

Princess of the Universe

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 29th 2008

Children: 1 beautiful little son conceived through ICSI and one equally beautiful little boy concieved naturally!

What's Up?
Oh god I've got Puppies!

Monday, January 9th 2012, 8:13pm

Hi,

Have you considered IUI as an alternative to IVF? if your hormones and reproductive bits are all in order and your partners sperm is OK then you could try IUI as it's cheaper than IVF. I had unexplained infertility prior to having my first son through IVF and I'm 100% certain that the quality of my CM played a part in my infertility. Despite my trying all the recommended natural remedies (and cough syrup) the difference in my cm at fertile times before and after my pg was staggering especially the month after I stopped bfding my son - I conceived my second son naturally that same month. In the UK tests are rarely done on cm (although they are common in the US I believe).

ICSI BFP DS1 born Nov 09
Natural BFP DS2 born Sept 11

Monday, January 9th 2012, 8:37pm

Im glad you said that because I am convinced it's my cm that's the problem too yet doctors in the UK aren't interested in that. We haven't thought of IUI tbh. When the IVF didn't work we didn't think that would either. Plus it ate up all our funds. Can you recommend anything to improve your cm?? I have just been told about MACA it's herbal and meant to improve egg quality and sperm quality so this is our next try. Just so sick of each month being another sad month. Our 6 yr old is always asking for a brother or sister and it makes me sad that I can't give her that xxx

Grace

Princess of the Universe

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 29th 2008

Children: 1 beautiful little son conceived through ICSI and one equally beautiful little boy concieved naturally!

What's Up?
Oh god I've got Puppies!

Friday, January 13th 2012, 9:56am

The thing is with IVF is that the average success rate is only 32%, for IUI I think it's billed at 15-25% which is the same as trying naturally if you have normal fertility. However, IUI is considerably cheaper at anything from £500 to £1000 depending on where you go so you get more bites of the cherry compared to £3,500 at least for a round of IVF.

Tips for improving cm are wide and varied, the ones i tried were grapefruit juice, agnus castus (not specifically for cm but it did help improve my progesterone after ovulation), cough syrup - needs to contain Guaifenesin as the active ingredient and nothing else so make sure you don't get one with a built in decongestant or it will make things worse and drink plenty of fluids. It didn't make any noticable difference in my case as these methods tend to improve the quality of the stuff you usually get rather than making a larger quantity and I didn't really get any ewcm. You could ask your GP about it as I think that they can prescrib oestrogen cream in the first part of your cycle - often used when you are on clomid if you are will one of the better clinics who pay attention to cm. There are some threads on emcm in the trying naturally section here's the biggest one EWCM you can find more if you do a search, you may find more tips. I know what you mean about being sad each month, I remember it well, good luck whatever you decide :)

Reg: May 14th 2018

Sunday, May 20th 2018, 8:36pm

hello there! I would advise you to not stress you should sta y hopeful and strong if anything goes wrong. there are other ways to have a baby like surrogacy. surrogacy is a great option. also, take care of your diet and yoga on daily basis. everything will turn out good. just do not lose hope.

miamiamo

Reg: Aug 9th 2015

Sunday, May 27th 2018, 1:54pm

michelle65 - agreed. There are many ways to become parents: IVF, IVF DE or PGS NGS, surrogacy. If you need to do research on surrogacy, you might go to: Surrogacy process in Ukraine step by step | EggDonationFriends.com Hope this helps xx

Reg: May 16th 2018

Thursday, May 31st 2018, 4:43pm

Have you considered IUI as an alternative to IVF? if your hormones and reproductive bits are all in order and your partners' sperm is OK then you could try IUI as it's cheaper than IVF. I had unexplained infertility prior to having my first son through IVF and I'm 100% certain that the quality of my CM played a part in my infertility. Despite my trying all the recommended natural remedies (and cough syrup) the difference in my cm at fertile times before and after my pg was staggering especially the month after I stopped bfding my son - I conceived my second son naturally that same month. In the UK tests are rarely done on cm (although they are common in the US I believe).

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE