You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Kums17

Reg: Jul 27th 2017

Thursday, February 15th 2018, 9:56am

PGD Test in AFC

Hi Everyone,

I hope you are all doing well and getting geared up for spring, I can see some lovely buds of flowers coming out of the "earth" already.

@rodeogirl, I am glad the operation went well, I hope you are recovering well? I wish you the best.

@abcgirl, how's the stimulation going? Wishing you a very successful round this time around

@bambi, glad you are doing well.

I like to ask if anyone has done PGD test on their embryo in AFC. I have been doing some research on this and I think this might help reduce the heart ache of embryo not resulting into a viable pregnancy. I would love to hear your comments on this as I am really thinking about it.

Wishing you all a good day.

Thanks.
I am blessed beyond measures.

Reg: Aug 7th 2014

Children: None

Wednesday, February 21st 2018, 6:40pm

Kums17 I really can't help youbabout PGD testing. Hope you find some answers to your questions from others!

I had my endometrial scratch today prior to my frozen cycle next month! There was a Italian doctor there as they don't do scratches in Italy.

Hello to everyone else xxx

ABCgirl

Reg: Nov 26th 2016

Monday, February 26th 2018, 1:27pm

I’m in happy PUPO land. :)

After starting my meds early and getting off on the wrong food for round 2, the rest of the round went well. I was high anxiety the whole time unwilling to believe we’d get this far. I was a mess waiting for the call from the embryologist after they collected 15 eggs.

Just a recap, my DH is missing the PLCzeta protein needed in his sperm to activate and fertilise an egg. In our first round we had no fertilisation. This time we tried ICSI with Assisted Oocyte Activation using calcium ionophore. We weren’t sure it would work.

I was so happy to get the call saying 12 had fertilised. We were down to 7 by day 3. Today was our day 5 transfer. And there are 5 to freeze!! I couldn’t be happier. This cycle vs the last have been as different as night and day.

How is everyone else doing?
Me/DH(34) TTC 2.5y Unexplained
Oct '17: IVF1 TFF
Feb ‘18: IVF2 w/ICSI+AOA BFN
5 ❄️
Apr: FET 1 BFP

Monday, February 26th 2018, 1:45pm

Happy AbCgirl, so chuffed for you enjoy bring PUPO......

I am starting with my next cycle for frozen transfer have got 2 embryos frozen xxx

Reg: Jan 28th 2016

Children: 0

Friday, March 2nd 2018, 3:39pm

Hey everyone!

Rodeogirl hope you are doing well, sending my love xx

abcgirl that is fantastic news that this cycle went amazingly! Congrats on being PUPO and all your Frosties, hope your 2ww goes quick!!xx.

Hello, thats fab your scratch went and all the best for your upcoming transfer!xx

Hope everyone else doing well xx
Its been so so quiet on here, I'm on here looking for some advice..

I currently work for the NHS part time within a residential home and also bank out in the community, I used to work in a nursing home and miss the full fast paced every day is different aspect and the experiences and what I learnt and achieved there.
So next week I have an interview for a full time post within a local hospital, it is everything I want and will be very fast paced and lots of hard work which I thrive on but with about to start our next cycle I'm unsure wether it is a good move.. my current job I know what is expected of me and I know where and how I can reduce strains, do the lighter options etc and be easier to myself.
I guess starting transfer no 7, I have a little voice in my head screaming at me to stop putting my life on hold and missing opportunities but then I want to have faith and believe that our next transfer is going to be successful and would it be better to just stick with what I know and that be less stressful than starting a new full-time job whilst starting a cycle of IVF - (this is if I even get offered the job).
Or my third option is if offered accept a bank position and then at least I have my foot in the door and then possibly in future reapply for a full time?

But then what if many cycle fails and yet again I am still stuck where I am.. going round in circles!

Any words of wisdom guys?xx
Seven transfers later..

Baby bambi due December 7th baby2

ABCgirl

Thursday, March 8th 2018, 10:03pm

Sorry for the lack of personals. I’m having a rotten day. First day of a work conference I’m at in the Netherlands. I’m here until Monday and timing of all this couldn’t be worse. It appears my 2ww is over sadly with the appearance of brown spotting that has gotten more intense over the course of the day. I’m sure it’ll be a full in period tomorrow. I haven tested because OTD is Tuesday (I’m 10dp5dt today) and i didn’t bring an HPT with me. Anyway I’ll test tomorrow or Saturday morning but I already know the outcome. I know some people have spoting or bleeding At this stage and still get Positives I don’t think that’ll happen to me. I can’t hope for that at this point.

Anyway I’m just curious roughly how soon can you get scheduled for an FET at Aberdeen at the moment? Do they only do medicated cycles here? How does it typically work? I’m just so sick of waiting. Thinking it could be another 2-3 months is killing me especially when we know we can’t conceive at all on our own. I don’t get it... 5AA embryo was put back. Everything was going so well. At the beginning of 2ww I was the happiest I could remember being in such a long time. This is is horrible - all of it.
5 ❄️

Friday, March 9th 2018, 7:04am

Don't give up ABC but it's easier said than done, I have had brown spotting and got positive.

I managed to start again after three bleeds and one with failed cycle counts but that was a while back. I had a failed cycle in Nov/Dec but just waiting for AF to start another FET prob my last I have had embryo scratch this time I had it with a fresh. Cycle and out come was positive.

Re the grading of embryos you had a fantastic grade but sometimes they say never know why it doesn't work but one consultant told me your first is a trial to see how our bodies react. They say frozen transfers have higher success than fresh due to our bodies having less stress and hormones in our bodies.

Bambi85, what have you decided to do on job front? I work gor the NHS and chafed jobs just between both cycles and thought to myself so many people take time off for months and I felt I had to take time off do I got signed off from egg recover to test date my second time which worked. I didn't for my FET and I was stressed and worried about work and I have decided I am not doing that this time I am having a weeks holiday which lands in lucky and then getting signed off.

Xx

Reg: Aug 29th 2015

Children: 0 earth babies & 3 Angels, 1 failed fresh cycle of a double embryo transfer xxx

Friday, March 9th 2018, 10:01am

Hi Everyone

Thought I'd pop on and say hello and see how you are all getting on? ABC girl don t give up hope yet as sometimes spotting could be a wee implantation bleed but I know how hard it is to get your head round this one the worry kicks in. Will be thinking of you and keeping everything crossed.

Hello, how did your scratch go? Have you got a transfer date yet? Wishing you all the luck in the world for this time and will everything crossed for you too.

Bambi, works is such a hard decision to make. On one hand it is your dream job but I totally understand that you then feel bad about taking time off for another cycle but you have to do what's best for you and remember that if you weren't doing IVF and fell pregnant naturally, whether planned or unplanned, there are lws to protect you during pregnancy too. Have you come to any further decicions as to what to do? Good luck and go with what your heart tells you.

KUMS did you find out anymore with PGD testing? I knew of someone who had it done years ago in Aberdeen but I'm not sure if they still do it and she was tested as they knew she carried a faulty gene that they could test for. I had some genetic testing done in Aberdeen post 3 recurrent MC's prior to starting IVF but although they knew how to test for the faulty gene and thankfully I didn't carry it in the end, they did say that although they know of a lot of faulty genes, that they can't all be tested for in PGD as technology is not yet that advance. Keep asking them though and see what they say. Good luck.

How's everyone else getting on? Good luck and hoping that 2018 makes all your dreams comes true for you all.

My news is I'm doing ok finally after surgery. We had my follow up appt with the Cons 3 weeks ago and he was really delighted at how well my wounds had healed and then dropped the bombshell that my surgery had major complications in that after removning 2 lymph nodes for testin they successfully removed the tumour but as he was reconstructing the internal tissues he discovered a 2dn lump hidden so they sent an urgent biopsy to the labs for testing which came back as cancerous so he removed it also straight away and did a really good reconstruction. He was so worried this may have spread that he opened up the wound under my arm and went back in to removed another 3 deeper lymph nodes which turned out to be massive but thankfully we got the fantastic news that there was no spread and that they had managed to remove both tumours with clear margins so I;m officialy cancer free. To say I'm delighted is putting it mildly now although I have to admit I had a total meltdown for a few days as I was totally convinced there might some some rogue cells hidden away somewhere else they had missed! So I'm now getting 5 cycles of chemo every 21 days and 3 weeks or radiotherapy then no further longterm medication and I'm in the clear. They will monitor me annually until I'm 50 but they have said I have a 0.25% chance of recurrence due to the type of cancer it was. Had my firs chemo last Friday and sailed through it withe no problems as all much to everyone's surprise and even tolerated the cold cap on my head for 3.5 hours at -5 degrees! The nurses were so surprised and I said bascially if you can survive IVF it makse you a much stronger person emotionally and physically! lol. Us ladies are tough as old boots and a couple of tiny cancer tumours isn't going to get me!

xxxx
:xxx3:

blowkiss

Friday, March 9th 2018, 10:20pm

You are one brace, strong lady rodeogirl! That's great you managed to wear the cold cap for that length of time. I worked in oncology a few years back and the cold caps were starting to co e into practice for some treatments and so many of the ladies tried but found it to cold, painful.

Take care and I was so pleased to read your update

Xx

Kums17

Monday, March 12th 2018, 7:16pm

Good evening everyone. I hope you are all doing fine.
@bambi, though a very late post, but I will advice you take the job, when it is time to accommdate changes things will fall in place. However I believe you have decided on what to do.
@rodeogirl, you have been through a lot. I wish you speedy recovery and best of health henceforth by the grace of God.
@abcgirl, how are you doing? How did the test go?Anxious times I know. I hope you get a bfp.
@hello, I wish you the best with your next cycle.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Kums17" (Mar 12th 2018, 7:17pm)

ABCgirl

Tuesday, March 13th 2018, 7:58am

It was negative of course. I knew it Friday when I called the clinic - there were big clots and heavy bleeding. I’m annoyed I had to wait until today to take yet another test for which I knew the answer and now a few days behind in getting an appointment. I’m just so angry and frustrated. Looks like I’ll be cancelling some holiday plans because of the timing... I just want to get another transfer done right away but I highly doubt it. I’m tired of waiting. ;( ;( ;( I feel like life is on hold and I have a big grey cloud hanging over me constantly.
5 ❄️

Kums17

Tuesday, March 13th 2018, 1:35pm

Aww so sorry abcgirl, you will get past the hurt. I wish you success at your next cycle. Indeed the wait can be killing, I waited over 4 months after my first transfer. Currently I'm in limbo, Infact if I could remember well i think I had my last transfer the day you had egg collection. I wasn't confident about the transfer due to some things that happened that day. Test day came, I tested and didn't immediately get the second line. However clinic says they count that as a positive but I have a gut feeling it's an evaporated line, I tried to convince them to do a blood test for me but No, in fact they have booked a scan for 7 weeks for me. I have been testing but the lines never got dark an doesn't show up immediately. I have managed to get a blood test booked with my GP for Thursday as I want a definite answer. I don' just want to be using the medicine and keep thinking I'm pregnant when I might not be. So I can understand the waiting frustration. Anyway we are hopeful.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Kums17" (Mar 13th 2018, 1:37pm)

Wednesday, March 21st 2018, 7:18am

Hi girls,

Had my scan yesterday to check lining but for the first time it wasn't thick enough only 5.4 so have to up tablets to 4 per day now. Hopefully this the only set back of the treatment,

How is everyone else xx

Wednesday, March 21st 2018, 8:50am

Morning guys :)

Rodeogirl - you truly are one amazing lady and I pray you have a speedy recovery. Your positive and thats half the battle, take care xxx

Hello - this happened to me last time and they up'd me to 4 per day, one bit of advice don't take all four at once as I did and it put me wrong, I felt horrible and spaced out almost. I took two in the morning and then two after tea and found this was the best way. When are they scanning you next? If I remember rightly I had my scan on a Thursday and by Tuesday my lining was then over 8mm from around 5mm but I had my scan in Raigmore and they were happy to scan me again that soon rather than wait a full week or so xx

ABCGirl - im so so sorry your cycle failed. I guess we all feel that time is slipping away and I get that you want the transfer straight away but trust me soon enough you will be down for a transfer, having them back to back can be a lot. The little bit of time between each transfer can do wonders for your spirit as you ned the time to get back to your normal self and find your faith and positivity again. IVF really is a big game of patience xx (something I wasn't. born with) lol

Kums17 - Hope you are ok, it really is horrible being in limbo, hope you get the answers soon xx

I decided not to take the job as to be honest I don't have the energy for all the upheaval whilst studying, I really wish to get out of healthcare and get into an offie to start getting experience so I thought I am best to stay where I am until a really good opportunity comes up

Sending love to you all xxx
Seven transfers later..

Wednesday, March 21st 2018, 9:20am

Hi bambi85, they are leaving me a wee and rechecking lining then fingers crossed they haven't left me too long. I have been taking my tablets ag bedtime otherwise I have a headache all day. But I will see how things go.

Have you thought about cycling again? This is going to be our last we have decided and I am glad we are both agreeing.

Take care everyone

Xx

Wednesday, March 21st 2018, 5:19pm

Hello everyone,
Rodeogirl - sounds like your taking everything in your stride, hope treatment continues to be kind to you xx
Bambi - sounds like a sensible thing to do about work although it's hard to know what to do sometimes.
ABC girl so sorry it's so tough. I would think you will be able to go again soon with your frozen embryos.
kums17 - how did you get on with the bloods?
Hello - good luck!
We found out we had a failed fresh beginning of Sept and had failed FET end of Nov and then again in Feb
Our last frozen embryo finally gave us a bfp on OTD but had a heavy bleed last night. We have to wait for scan next week but I already know the answer. Devastated, again!

Kums17

Wednesday, March 21st 2018, 6:20pm

Beattie, oh so sorry for the many fails. Let's hope the scan gives you good news.
Bambi, I think it's a good move if you are planning to switch career, wishing you the best with your studies, time flies before you know it, you will be done with degree.
Hello, wishing you great success with this FET. I so hope you get a beautiful baby at the end of this.

My blood test came back as 4 - negative. So I think this is classified as a chemical pregnancy. So now waiting for a review.

I hope everyone is doing well.
@GB87... How are you doing? Have you put to bed?

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Kums17" (Mar 21st 2018, 6:21pm)

Wednesday, March 21st 2018, 7:35pm

Beattie02 when did you get your positive? Could you get a private scan or your health centre to check bloods? I have everything crossed for you xxx

Wednesday, March 21st 2018, 9:45pm

Oh kums17 so sorry - we had a chemical last cycle and it is so hard to have it disappear so quickly.

I thought about a private scan but I think I would rather wait and for it to be conclusive - it has been brought forward a few days. I don't think I could handle the stress of uncertainties and I am confident I know the answer. Away from home with work and just want to be at home with my husband
BT

Thursday, March 22nd 2018, 7:08am

Thinking of you beattie02 xxx

Friday, March 23rd 2018, 9:21am

Oh beattie the wait is horrible and being away from must be terrible, hope everything gets back to normal for you soon. Good luck with the scan xx

Hello - I had a transfer this week so I’m PUPO and loving every second of it!! Don’t have one negative thought in my head and I have erased the past so this is the one!

I was in clinic the other day waiting to be called to go upstairs and the girl was in on her own and then as she was leaving the nurse spoke to her, turns out she had her seven week scan and everything seemed perfect, she was in complete utter shock and all I wanted to do was run across and hug her. There would have been a time I would of felt a small bit of resentment not in a bad way just in a pining sort of way but I felt 110% happy for her and I know that will be all of us one day!

Good luck with your lining scan hello, would they not have scanned you sooner I feel a week is a long time!xx
Seven transfers later..

Friday, March 23rd 2018, 7:56pm

Banbi85, I have everything crossed have you transferred 1 or 2 enjoy PUPO!!!

I bet the lady would have been delighted with a cuddle from you!

Xxx

Monday, March 26th 2018, 8:46am

Morning hello!!

We decided to just transfer one, the embryologist did offer two but I was to anxious about it.

Good luck with your scan this week, everything crossed your lining will be nice and thick!

xx
Seven transfers later..

Monday, March 26th 2018, 12:33pm

How you feeling bambi85?

Thank you xxx

Monday, March 26th 2018, 8:07pm

Im feeling great, sore boobs and sleeping well at night! I feel it has implanted, I have that feeling something is different xx
Seven transfers later..

Monday, March 26th 2018, 8:10pm

When's test date? I have everything crossed for you xxx

Tuesday, March 27th 2018, 10:27am

April 5th (day before my birthday) :) xx
Seven transfers later..

Tuesday, March 27th 2018, 11:20am

I have everything crossed! Xx

Wednesday, March 28th 2018, 11:50am

Woke up this am with some spotting, made me anxious but even more so curious so I caved in, tested and got a BFP!! :) :) :)

This spotting was pink then soon went darker and now its gone away! I am trying my damnedest not to allow any negative thoughts but man its so hard when this journey is so crazy! Looking back in my journal I have had spotting at 7days past transfer and thats what today is so right on time like clock work!

Enjoying each and every day to fullest :) xx

Oh an update on the job front, so as many of you are aware I work in healthcare and currently studying a business degree, I had that confusion about whether to change jobs but something told me to stay where I was as better things are coming and so it has.. I applied on the of chance I would maybe get an interview (purely for experience) to work in our local solicitors and I got the interview as well as the job, I am so excited to start there soon and get experience of an office environment and goodness knows where it might lead.
I have managed to squeeze in the odd day training while working my notice so I can start at beginning of April :) xx
Seven transfers later..

Kums17

Wednesday, March 28th 2018, 1:26pm

Congrats Bambi

Double congratulations to you. I wish you a happy and healthy pregnancy. @job, beginning of a new and exciting times. I wish you the best.

Enjoy every moment of this pregnancy. I pray that the Lord will keep you and baby sound and there shall be no more loss.
@Beattie, have you done the scan? If yes how did it go? I hope you are okay?

Wednesday, March 28th 2018, 1:41pm

Wow congratulations bambi85....,. It's your time and you have the right attitude and outlook at the moment congratulations!!!!

I had lining scan yesterday and all good to go so hopefully if my embies defrost transfer on Tuesday......

How are you Kums17?

Xxx

Kums17

Wednesday, March 28th 2018, 2:02pm

@Hello, I'm fine and doing well. Waiting patiently for the review letter from clinic.
I wish you the very best with your transfer next week.

ABCgirl

Thursday, March 29th 2018, 12:46pm

Sorry to hear about your negative as well Kums Beattie - any update?Congrats Bambi - fingers crossed everything continues to go well for you. Good luck for your FET Hello
Hope the rest of you ladies are doing well.
Thanks for the messages. Was really sad after our BFN - much sadder than expected. I was anxious and impatient the past 2 weeks waiting for a follow-up appointment. They finally called me Tuesday to say the next available appointment was May 3! Such a long wait!
I insisted on getting a canceled appointment and thankfully, a few hours later, luck was on my side and got another call to tel me I had a new appointment. I went in two days later (which was today) for the follow-up appointment with the consultant and signed the paperwork for the FET. I am cleared to start my frozen transfer next month when my period arrives next week. Already have the Progynova and I'm very happy and excited. Fingers crossed it all works out and no hiccups until then.
So if any ladies are waiting for followup appointments, I'd recommend seeing if you can grab a canceled appointment if that suits you. I am fortunate that I live down the street from the clinic and have a flexible job, I know it's not as easy for everyone. But it was only now after being at the clinic for a year that cancelled appointments are a thing. They told me they like giving people 4 weeks notice for an appointment and I said, I don't need that much notice! Wish I had known sooner... could have saved a bit of waiting at the beginning perhaps. I'm very thankful they were able to do that for me. And I was shocked at how soon I could start again. The waiting is the worst and if I even had a glimmer of hope that I could fall pregnant naturally in the meantime while waiting, I perhaps wouldn't be so hellbent on starting again, but that's not the case for us so... here we go again.
5 ❄️

GB87

Reg: Apr 15th 2016

Friday, March 30th 2018, 9:42am

Baby Update

Morning Ladies , I haven’t been on for so long ! I hope you are all keeping well and keeping positive on your IVF journeys.

** I don’t want to upset anyone currently in treatment with our news but wanted to share to give everyone a bit of hope. **

Following a horrendous egg collection in March last year ..... our heartbreaking failed fresh transfer .... and then the transfer of our one and only frozen embryo in June ..... our little miracle baby arrived last Friday 23rd March! Alba Louise Beattie weighting 6lbs 7.5oz. We were induced early as her growth had stopped at 37 weeks and I’d had an episode of reduced movement. The staff at the AMU were amazing. I also had a retained placenta which meant a trip to theatre and a short stay in hospital. Nothing straightforward with me ! :) All fine now and Alba is doing great. We can’t stop looking at her and thinking back to our time at the clinic and the ups and downs that brought.

We are so grateful for the care and support we have received along the way, and I’m so pleased I came across this forum as it really helped on my low days, of which there were many!

So many emotions posting this. I’m teary thinking about the times I logged on and thought this is never going to happen for us, why are we putting ourselves through the pain the stress of it all?!? You never know when your luck might change I guess.

My husband and I are soaking in every second of these hazy newborn days, it’s so precious and don’t want to miss a second of it.

Wishing you all the luck in the world for your miracle babies xxxx

Friday, March 30th 2018, 9:53am

Congratulation gb87 so chuffed for you all, I remember those hazy days but so worth it. Love her name!

It gives everyone hope and positivity that it can work and we will have lots of ups and downs during treatment.

Xxx

Kums17

Saturday, March 31st 2018, 2:07pm

Huge congratulations GB87, sending bug cuddles to Alba Louise, I thought of you during the week and was so glad seeing your message.

@abcgirl, thanks. Wishing you the best with your next cycle.

I hope everyone is doing well.

Tuesday, April 3rd 2018, 3:16pm

Update, transfer done and embryos defrosted exactly the same as they were before freezing. Test date is the 18th I just said to my husband no negativity aloud in this house xxx

Reg: Apr 3rd 2018

Tuesday, April 3rd 2018, 4:48pm

IVF first cycle

Hello!
Forum and IVF newbie here! Had the IVF/ICSI info evening last week, and first appointment is on Thursday. Just wondering what happens on Thursday? Have read all the info provided but it only really mentions consent forms and duration of appointment. I’ve not had a period in a year, wondering if they will put me on northisterone straight away....or does it all take a bit of time from the first appointment after info evening?

Tuesday, April 3rd 2018, 8:02pm

GB87 - congratulations xx

Bambi and Hello - good luck with being PUPO.

Kums17 - that's great you have your review so soon. Good luck.

Welcome Dooobydoobywah - you shouldn't have to wait too long to start treatment. I was able to start on my next period when seen at the initial appointment. Not sure, how that works with no period but the clinic will keep you right - I can't imagine you will have long to wait.

I have had two very large red bleeds, I had a scan at 6 weeks 4 days after first large bleed and heart beat found. I then had another large bleed and thought for sure this was it but heartbeat found again. I have a scan at 9 weeks but have been having brown bleeding for last five days. I don't know if it is residual bleeding - EPU didn't seem concerned or will this end badly. Only time will tell. I still feel sick and have sore breasts but perhaps that is the progesterone and estrogen tablets. I will have to wait until next week to find out.

For anyone I have missed, I apologise.
Love BT XX

Tuesday, April 3rd 2018, 8:26pm

Doobydoobyah, I am not sure about your treatment since having no period, but I am sure it won't be long when we wait this long to get here.

Beattie, I have everything crossed for you? Would you go for a private scan? Brown bleeding sounds less worrying than bright red bleed. I have everything crossed xxxx

Reg: Feb 28th 2016

Wednesday, April 4th 2018, 10:55pm

Hi Beattie02 just saw your post and wanted to offer reassurance. I had bleeding from 6 weeks to 16 weeks with 3 huge bleeds at 9, 10 and 12 weeks and each time I thought this is it. I attended rubislaw after each big bleed and every time baby was dancing away on the screen! I was diagnosed with a haematoma after the last bleed which resolved itself and my little girl was born healthy and thriving. I really hope everything turns out well for you and hope you can relax and enjoy your pregnancy. Xxx

ABCgirl

Friday, April 6th 2018, 12:41pm

Beattie - sounds scary. Hope everything continues well for you

Dooby - welcome! Sorry you’ve found yourself here but it’s been a great resource and comfort connecting with everyone.

Hello - good vibes to you during your 2ww

I’m on day 5 of progynova. So happy IVe been able to start again right away. Fingers crossed for our lining scan next Thursday. ITs my first fet and doesn’t even feel like we’re in treatment - it’s quite nice actually. So hard not to get my hopes up already given the incremental increase in success rate with FETs.... but so scared it won’t work again ... sigh

Have a nice weekend everyone
5 ❄️

Friday, April 6th 2018, 2:01pm

Hi ABCgirl,

Thanks for good vibes!

Good luck with FET, it's completely different from the full cycle! I can see how it's easier on the body due to less stress!

Good luck xxx

Friday, April 6th 2018, 8:01pm

Evening all!

Dooby - im not sure how it works with irregular or no cycles but I am sure they will cover all your questions at your appointment and they might also give you a trans-vaginal scan to check your ovaries etc and I guess there decisions on treatment will be discussed with you, normally it is from your next cycle. Good luck and keep us informed as how it goes.

Beattie02 - oh my goodness that is so fab you seen that wee heartbeat twice! I really feel the brown bleeding might be old blood, praying everything stays strong for you. I did read some where that IVF ladies can bleed more than a regular person so may be just something minor but seeing blood is always so scary and the first ting we do is assume the worst. Lots of love xxx

Kums17 - good luck with your review and thank you for your kind words as always they bring a tear to my eye xx

Hello - hope your enjoying being PUPO!! Good luck and bring on the twins!!!!!! lol!!

ABCGirl - great stuff your straight back on the saddle! A FET is a walk in the park compared to a fresh, before your no it your PUPO and maybe near 3 weeks pregnant!

Yesterday was my OTD, rang clinic but I am unable to attend a weekday for a 7 week scan so I am going to have to try and arrange a private scan somewhere on a Saturday..

Today is my 33rd birthday and I am exactly 5 Weeks pregnant today!!!
! Think this is the 3rd year in a row I have been pregnant on my birthday!
I am currently in Spain at my sisters as have been helping out with her 8 month as my sister feeling under the weather, been a fab wee break away but looking forward to getting back to normality and my routine at home as I have been thrown completely and with mild symptoms, fatigue and running after the baby, i'm exhausted!! lol

Hope everyone else is well and hope you have all had a happy easter with plenty of chocolate xxx
Seven transfers later..

Sunday, April 8th 2018, 7:27am

Morning bambi85, hope the weather is nice in Spain. I bet you are exhausted being pregnant and looking after a 8 month old.

We aren't thinking about the risk of twins I am trying to have a different attitude this time what will be will be. Yesterday was a lovely day we had a picnic by a beautiful pond had a walk then took the little one to the park. I just feel I don't want to be sitting around and thinking about it.

Do the clinic never do a Saturday morning scan? Would your doc/midwife not request one from your local maternity unit because you will be under a consultant due to ivf anyway? Xxx

Kums17

Monday, April 9th 2018, 2:02pm

Good afternoon all. I hope we are doing fine and enjoying the sunshine?

@Dooby, wishing you the best with your treatment. After the appointment you will find out things progress quickly.

@Beattie, it's a relief you saw the heartbeat. I hope you are doing well and baby is growing well?

@Bambi, you are always welcome, you so deserve to have a baby or babies, you've gone through alot. 7 rounds of IVF isn't beans. Enjoy your holiday.

@Hello, I hope you are enjoying every moment of the 2ww? I pray you get a bfp and would love to hear you are having twins.

@Rodeogirl, how are you doing? Just checking up on you.

I have not received a review appointment letter, that's why I said I am patiently waiting. I' also hoping for a miracle to happen even before the letter arrives. Though I really don't like the long wait before they get back to you.

Have a blessed week all.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Kums17" (Apr 9th 2018, 2:05pm)

Kums17

Monday, April 9th 2018, 8:17pm

Review Update

Got home and met the review letter. Review is May 3rd so like 4 weeks to this time just like abcgirl said. So minimum of 3 cycles in total before another FET. Very long, but I'm so hopeful that I won't need the review.

Quick question please, has anyone had issues with bloating after ivf cycle. I recently noticed my tummy has been so big, especially the upper part. The whole tummy feels like a big balloon. I had to book an appt with the GP today as it' becoming worrying. The GP too confirmed it' too big and has said she will refer me for a scan and also do a liver function test.

So I would love to know if any of you lovely ladies have had such experience.

Monday, April 9th 2018, 8:23pm

Hi KUMs17,

I pray and hope you don't need your review either at least you have a date. I had abdominal swelling after my successful round of IVF I was risk of OHSS, it was monitored throughout my whole pregnancy and I carried excess fluid round my ovaries. Xxx

Kums17

Wednesday, April 11th 2018, 6:21pm

@Hello, thank you. I can't imagine how you felt during pregnancy with ohss. I had ohss after ER but I didn't have a fresh cycle, so it had gone before my FET and this current tummy bloating is after FET so I'm not sure what the cause is.

Friday, April 13th 2018, 5:05pm

Hello everyone just a wee update..

We booked a private scan today, today I am 6 weeks and we seen our perfect little darling measuring a day ahead with a beautiful flickering heartbeat.

Praying god looks after our little baby and keeps that wee heart going strong! Bought him/her a wee grey bunny on the way #positivity

Have our seven week scan next week in Aberdeen, I couldn’t get down for it initially so I arranged a private scan then we managed to swap things around so know we can have both!

Hello - any signs or symptoms yet? Cant be far until your OTD?

Your review will come around in no time KUMS and hopefully won’t be long until your back on the treatment xx
Seven transfers later..

15 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

15 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE