You are not logged in.

Unread posts

MsGed

• "MsGed" started this thread

Reg: Jan 21st 2018

Sunday, January 21st 2018, 4:51pm

Second time IVF/ICSI?

Hello all,

We've been talking about adding to our family by going down the IVF/ICSI route again.
I have a DD (almost 10yrs) conceived abroad through ICSI proceedure, from a previous Marriage. My partner (35) has no Children of his own and is a wonderful step father to my DD, and we are looking at taking the IVF/ICSI route to enable us to complete our family.

When I first had IVF/ICSI 10yrs ago it was due to complete twisted left tube and a blocked right tube. I was told that I would never conceive naturally and if we wanted to have a family, then assisted conception would be the only option. WE were blessed to get pregnant first time around. Fast forward 5yrs and I got ill and rushed into hospital only to be rushed straight to theatre with an ectopic pregnancy. I lost both my baby and right tube.

We have lots of questions and concerns moving forward as I've now turned 40, and we haven't a clue where to start in regards to help, advice, clinics and cost/fees here.

Our heads are spinning with it all, hence why I've joined the page to gain some of your valuable advice, experience and fro some support.

Looking forward to getting to know you all a little better and share stories.

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Sunday, January 21st 2018, 9:12pm

Hi and welcome,
The best thing to do is to choose a clinic and get their advice. All the best!

miamiamo

Reg: Aug 9th 2015

Sunday, January 21st 2018, 11:15pm

It depends on whether you want to undergo IVF at national clinics or abroad. I would recommend also considering IVF with PGS NGS cos of yr ectopic and advanced maternal age. From what I know IVF clinics in Czech Rep (Prague) and Poland (Gdansk) offer top notch treatment at affordable prices. xx