You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Sophie33

• "Sophie33" started this thread

Reg: Sep 18th 2017

Monday, September 18th 2017, 10:51am

Any advice appreciated - Belfast

Any advice appreciated - Belfast

Hi Girls, I'm totally new to this and totally clueless! We have been TTC for around 2.5 years now. We have been tested through Origin and everything was normal and also attended our first appointment at The Grove at very start of July. My husband went for another SA in August and we have just booked our review appointment for the end of October after receiving a letter on Friday. We saw Dr McClure who seemed good in July and said that I need to go on injections as clomid hadn't work (tried this through origin). I don't have regular periods and he said that I could have Poly-cystic ovaries although none of my previous bloods indicate this. Really I don't know what else could be the problem if its not poly-cystic ovaries? My BMI is normal and I eat healthily etc. Have almost stopped drinking at all and cut down to one coffee a day in a bid to help myself Anyways - just wondering at our review appointment will I be allowed to start injection treatment straight away of do you then go on another waiting list for this treatment. It's been going on so long now that if I could just go to him privately to start the injections immediately I would....its just so hard to know what to do that's best. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Wishing everybody all the best and lots of baby dust <3 xx

[list][*][/list]

Reg: Jul 23rd 2017

Monday, September 18th 2017, 9:13pm

To my knowledge for free nhs go you will then be added to another waiting list of 7-9 months before injections :-(

Sophie33

Tuesday, September 19th 2017, 10:06am

Thanks for reply Anniebell....I feared that was the case :( I wonder if I could just go to Dr McClure privately for the injections and would that be a quick turn around? I don't think I could handle another 9 months wait before even starting ;(

Tuesday, September 19th 2017, 12:56pm

I wouldn't have a clue but its worth a phone call to them.

Sophie33

Tuesday, September 19th 2017, 1:16pm

I have called and cant get an answer. I really don't know whats best...think Ill see how the review goes in October and just go from there. Honestly think by the time this is over it will be more mental health help I need. Thanks again for your replies xx

Tuesday, September 19th 2017, 4:06pm

You can always ask all the options at your review. Its no problem

Seaside

Reg: Feb 26th 2017

Tuesday, September 19th 2017, 8:50pm

Hi sophie33

Is it ovulation induction injections you will be starting? We had 3 month wait from review appointment until starting injections because I think it's nurse led.

Hope this helps!

Sophie33

Wednesday, September 20th 2017, 8:48am

Hi Seaside, thank you! Yes its ovulation induction injections that Dr McClure was suggesting. I am now seriously considering just taking a loan and going private for IVF through the RFC if that's possible. They seem a bit cheaper and I'd hope that all of our blood result and SA results could be used so we don't have to redo them as they've just been done. Has anybody else done this or is it possible? Our review is the end of October so I'm wondering if we did do that could we just start IVF straight away

Seaside - how did you get on with the injections?

Thanks again for your replies girls - any info is appreciated as I feel totally lost! xx

Seaside

Reg: Feb 26th 2017

Wednesday, September 20th 2017, 8:27pm

Hi sophie33

I have a funny feeling there's a waiting list for private ivf at rfc....12 weeks rings a bell but maybe someone else knows for definite?

I only had 5days worth of injections and they found a blocked tube during a follicle tracking scan so they stopped them and I had to have laparoscopy to remove tubes:( was put on list last week for icsi....it's such a long process it's taken me 15 months to get this far...very frustrating!

Reg: Aug 25th 2017

Wednesday, September 20th 2017, 9:12pm

There's no real waiting list for private ICSI at RFC. We're on the NHS waiting list, but are paying privately for one cycle in the meantime. Once we had decided, I rang and we had our first appointment (screening) about 3 weeks later, and then the pre-treatment consultation two weeks after that. I'm not sure about ovulation injections, (I'm assuming that you mean something different to the nasal spray and stimulating injections?). And I don't know if there's any difference for IVF as opposed to ICSI, but I wouldn't have thought so.

Reg: Jan 5th 2017

Children: 1 child natuarlly

Wednesday, September 20th 2017, 10:37pm

Hi journeyatob, if you dont mind me asking roughly how much did it cost for the private cycle? Id love to pay private for one while we wait to am fed up waiting x

Reg: Aug 25th 2017

Thursday, September 21st 2017, 9:18am

We were told 'about £5-6k'. We had to pay £3,800 so far, I'm not sure if there's more to pay still or not! And I don't know if IVF is different price to ICSI.

Buzzle

Reg: Aug 14th 2017

Thursday, September 21st 2017, 9:36am

We just went to gcrm and paid privately for ovulation inductions injections, started about a week after our appointment due to when period arrived.

Buzzle

Reg: Aug 14th 2017

Thursday, September 21st 2017, 9:39am

Doctors can find no real problem. When took injections it worked brilliant but had too many eggs just at the end was soooodissapointed and the cycle got cancelled we were told it was to dangerous to try that month. We r trying a natural cycle now just in case! Then wollgo for injections again next month if nothing happens.

Sophie33

Thursday, September 21st 2017, 11:14am

Girls thank you so much that's great. I'm assuming Dr McClure meant the OI Injections which aren't offered privately at the RFC. I'm am going to ask him if we can just go straight for IVF privately without trying the injections - I don't think I can handle another 6 months similar to clomid. Seaside I'm sorry to hear that. that's tough going :( Keep your head up and just believe that all of this will be worth it and pay off and you will have a beautiful baby :)

I have been in touch with GCRM girls and to be honest I wasn't impressed at all. We initially went to Origin and paid for all of our tests/consultations and scans with our Cloimd treatment. On the first month when I went for the scan Dr Tang told me that I would ovulate in a day or two and everything looked good - two days later my period arrived! Clearly he hadn't a clue what he was looking at or for and told me what I wanted to hear while charging for the luxury! I think its just a money spinner and they add on as much as they can where they can.

Anyways they were sold to GCRM and all of the same consultants etc seem to be there. I called and was told I would have to pay AGAIN for all of the tests and consultations before even starting another treatment. They didn't have all the Origin files apparently. The girls attitude on the phone was so dismissive so to be honest I will do what I can to avoid them.

Buzzle and Journey best of luck!!

I think the price for IVF at RFC varies depending on the drugs used but overall it seems cheaper than GCRM and at least they seem to be able to use the same system as the NHS so all of your previous tests and results are there. I'm hoping that since we just had all bloods and SA checked in July/ August we will not need to pay to do this again.

Buzzle I'm still holding some hope that we may conceive naturally over the next month or two too. I've booked myself in for acupuncture and am trying to have a positive mental attitude that it will happen. Sending you all lots of baby dust and positive vibes <3 xx Thanks again for your replies girls :thumbsup:

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE