You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "fertilitynewbie" started this thread

Reg: Jan 12th 2017

Sunday, June 4th 2017, 2:50pm

Any advice would be greatly appreciated Belfast rfc

Hi all, have received a letter to say we're both for Belfast RFC tomorrow morning to give bloods. This is us at the top of the waiting list...so, in 10 days time we'll have to return to Belfast again. I'm not 100% sure what the second appointment is for. Can anyone advise me in any way? I'm not sure if I'll be getting the drugs for when we're good to start using them or if it's for more bloods. Hope you are all getting on well on your journey to parenthood...it's a first for us so we're so nervous. Don't have anyone but you lot to talk to because we have kept this from everyone we know so far...just til we see how we get on. hope to hear from you soon xx

Bumble

Reg: Feb 22nd 2015

Sunday, June 4th 2017, 10:57pm

It's most likely for your blood results & treatment plan, from memory this is when you collect you medication also. My advice is just go with the flow & take each appointment as it comes, don't be afraid to ask questions when you are there, or between now & then write the questions down. They do explain everything very well. Good Luck!
:thumbup:

Monday, June 5th 2017, 6:09pm

Thank you - have just landed home after getting bloods. Will be up again in 10 days, then they will give us a 2 hour appt and go through all the necessities....meds will be given then too...scary stuff... do you know how many appts I have in Belfast? Will I have to go up for every appt through pregnancy too (scans Etc) or my local NHS hospital for those type of appts? Thanks for responding xo

Bumble

Reg: Feb 22nd 2015

Tuesday, June 6th 2017, 11:28pm

Yes you go through local NHS, just as a "regular" pregnant lady!
There will be maybe 2/3 scans throughout your treatment cheking the progress of eggs etc, then to confirm the pregnancy. When you begin treatment it all goes pretty quickly.
Hope this helps

Wednesday, June 7th 2017, 2:00pm

thank you bumble...appreciate it xo

Martha1

Reg: May 16th 2017

Friday, June 30th 2017, 8:06pm

Hi ladies I'm in the same boat and could do with a little advice . We went on the list on the 29th November 2016 for GCRM BELFAST so it's officially 7 months. I have to go on a compulsory work training on the 26th sept for 2 weeks and I'm wondering if I will have to defer to October . I'm looking to know from receiving the offer letter how long to first appointment and treatment, I'm trying to work out that if my letter doesn't come in till August would my treatment not be until October that would mean I wouldn't have to defer after all.....

Pb85

Ace

Reg: Jun 8th 2014

Friday, July 7th 2017, 7:29pm

Hi Martha? R u having private treatment at gcrm. I went to them for my last cycle but I had my treatment within a couple of months of my first appointment.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE