You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Oct 15th 2015

Saturday, August 6th 2016, 12:57pm

My posts always fail to post the entire thing!!!
My boobs r killin me but i dont want to tink about the signs to much incase im wrong.
Il keep you updated fingers crossed for some good news! Xxx

Reg: Sep 28th 2015

Children: None

Sunday, August 7th 2016, 2:26am

Thinking on you fairy, I've no idea what u must be feeling but just wanted to let u know I'll keep u in my prayers xx

Goodluck for ur testing day hopefull30 fingers crossed for good news xx

Sunday, August 7th 2016, 4:27pm

Hi Ladies,
So i done a test this morning and got a positive

Sunday, August 7th 2016, 4:27pm

Im goin to test in morning again just to be sure i really cant believe it! Xxx

Reg: May 5th 2016

Sunday, August 7th 2016, 4:43pm

Congratulations hopefull30 wishing u a happy and healthy 9 months :)

Sunday, August 7th 2016, 4:50pm

Thanks so much hopingandwishing i cant believe it aftet 4 years of trying im iver the moon xx

Reg: May 12th 2016

Sunday, August 7th 2016, 5:35pm

That's brilliant news Hopeful!!! So happy for u!! Really gives the rest of us hope that it is possible!! I'm sure it will take a while to sink in but many congratulations!! xxx

Reg: Jul 10th 2016

Sunday, August 7th 2016, 6:05pm

Congratulations Hopefull! Lovely news. Enjoy every minute xx

Reg: Jul 5th 2016

Monday, August 8th 2016, 9:23am

OMG! Hopefull I am absolutely over the moon for you! You have given us all hope

May you have a happy and healthy 9 months, please keep in touch at how you are getting on partee xx

Monday, August 8th 2016, 10:46am

Girls thank you all so much it still hasnt sunk in im still thinking of u all and hoping and praying for the same outcome xxx

Tuesday, August 9th 2016, 8:18am

Hi ladies, just want to let u know i done 2 more tests yesterday and both were neg i now took my period

Tuesday, August 9th 2016, 8:19am

Damm posts!!!!!! Im now totally heartbroken i should of knew it was to good to be true for me!!!

Tuesday, August 9th 2016, 9:36am

Aww Hopeful, life is just not fair!! I'm totally gutted for u and ur partner. I'm sure ur totally devastated especially after getting a positive result first. Stay strong and feel free to vent to us ladies any time u need to. xxx

Tuesday, August 9th 2016, 10:22am

Hopefull

I am so sorry hun, I am sure your heartbroken, please stay strong and don't give up hope :S do you have any frosties? xx

Tuesday, August 9th 2016, 1:46pm

Hi Allthatglitters,
No frosties for me so have to start this dreaded thing again xxx

Tuesday, August 9th 2016, 3:25pm

Its so unfair!! The amount of time, money and effort as well as your heart and soul poured into something that other people take for granted, :girl_cray2.gif: Please don't give up hope xx

Wednesday, August 10th 2016, 9:05am

I totally agree! We just have to put on a brave face and keep trying... Im not looking up for private treatments. Can anyone recommend where they think is best? Iv looked at both GCRM and Origin both look good and all the doctors i had in RVH also work in origin!
Also we had Icsi last time round and i see origin are doing picsi has anyone had this or no what the difference is??
Xx

Wednesday, August 10th 2016, 9:06am

Opps ment now*

Wednesday, August 10th 2016, 10:13am

Hi Hopefull

I spoke my chum who is studying embryology she sent me the below, I hope it helps (it means nothing to me !) :thumbsup:

The embryologists use a PICSI dish, which is coated with drops of hyaluronan, a compound matrix naturally surrounding the oocyte. In vivo, sperm naturally bind to hyaluronan. Research has demonstrated sperm that bind to hyaluronan demonstrate enhanced levels of normal morphology, motility and developmental maturity. When the embryologist places sperm onto the PICSI dish, the mature sperm will become immobilized by anchoring themselves to the hyaluronan and showing tails with hyperactivation. Sperm showing this type of activation will be chosen for ICSI. studies show that it creased the amount of live pregnancies by 15%

Thursday, August 11th 2016, 1:30am

Hopeful I'm so sorry to hear ur news, thinking on you and your partner. As I second what Rebecca said vent away to us, we are all here for each other even if it's only to lend a listening ear.

Have u looked up access fertility?xx

Saturday, August 13th 2016, 5:43pm

Oh Hopefull, I'm so very sorry to hear your news. I have heard great things about GCRM from several friends who have had success with them xx

Saturday, August 13th 2016, 9:37pm

So sorry hopeful u must be so disappointed, thinking of u. I know that this thread is 4 ivf but previous to this did any of u have a clear hsg and a dh with a normal count. What is my next step? X

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "hopingandwishing" (Aug 13th 2016, 9:40pm)

Sunday, August 14th 2016, 5:09pm

Hi ladies thanks for all ur lovely comments ur a great bunch of girls

fairyxo

Reg: May 26th 2015

Sunday, August 14th 2016, 5:14pm

Oh hopeful I'm only seeing this now. I'm so sorry to hear that.

I've been talking to origin and meeting with them this week. The success rates are very hard to understand particularly from the hefa website so I'm going in person to suss it out. They have an offer on treatment at the minute so it's much cheaper.
I've ordered a load of zita west vitamins too so gonna start take them religiously.

Hope you are all well xx

Monday, August 15th 2016, 3:51am

Hey hopingandwishing I'm sorry I'm of no help my dye test was clear but my partner has lower spern count. Have u spoken to ur consultant about this?x

Monday, August 15th 2016, 8:05am

Hi rosebud it was just the initial they appear clear straight after the hsg. I had 2 send a form back the the rfc to advise that the test has been carried out before I get an apt with my consultant again. The doc on the day of the test said it could take up 2 12 weeks but she wasn't 100% sure as she worked in maternity usually and not the rfc. Was just wondering does this class us as unexplained or do we need further testing or can we be put on the list. It's just the waiting when u have so many questions dives me up the wall lol x

Tuesday, August 16th 2016, 4:50am

I would say they will class it as unexplained. If ur test was clear and ur blood work was clear and ur dh has a normal count and ur bmi is under 35 then there's probs not much more they can test u on. Be horrible tho to have it be called unexplained because if ur anything like me I like to know all the ins and outs I like to have reasons and answers xx

Tuesday, August 16th 2016, 8:30am

They haven't raised any issues with us so far. I am like that rosebud I need a logical explanation for everything not that I want anything to be wrong but at least I would have a reason for why nothing has happened yet rather than a we don't know. Do you think there is a possibility that they may put me on the list if nothing happens by my next apt? I have read some people saying that they have fallen prg after an hsg as it can clear the cobwebs but im not getting my hopes up nothing is ever straight forward with me lol x

Tuesday, August 16th 2016, 7:11pm

I've been talking to origin and meeting with them this week. The success rates are very hard to understand particularly from the hefa website so I'm going in person to suss it out. They have an offer on treatment at the minute so it's much cheaper.
I've ordered a load of zita west vitamins too so gonna start take them religiously.

Hope you are all well xx
Thanks Fairy

Tuesday, August 16th 2016, 7:12pm

Hope you are all well xx
Thanks Fairy

Hope you are all well xx
Thanks Fairy
hanks Fairy i have been lookn into going back to royal as they have all r details etc and they were nothing but helpful last time round and also there prices seem good!
What are them vitamins iv never heard of them?!?
How are you feelin now after your last round? Xx

fairyxo

Reg: May 26th 2015

Saturday, August 20th 2016, 3:27pm

Hey hopefull, I'm feeling ok. You should look up zita west website, she does vitafem vitamins and dhea vitamins and a vitamin d spray. I've heard a load of people who have taken them and had success.

What price is the Royal for private treatment? Who is it consultant there? I had ishola abaje and really liked him but hardly saw him. Wonder if you go private there does a consultant do your transfer/collection?

Hope you are well xx

Monday, August 22nd 2016, 10:54am

Hey Fairy we are having icsi done and there prices are around. £3500 + meds and you dont need to get all ur tests done again so that saves £900 for us! We had dr mcfaul last time but never seen him at all during treatment. You have to wait on ur review apt tho before you can go private so we have to wait 7-9weeks now .... But no waiting lists after that. Xx

Monday, August 22nd 2016, 12:41pm

Hi girls, hope everyone is doing good and trying to keep themselves sane!! I'm due to get bloods done in RVH at end of month and another appt 2 weeks later. Was just wondering from any of the girls that have been through RVH before, what day into cycle do you start taking meds? Trying to work out when I might roughly be going through treatment!! xx

Monday, August 22nd 2016, 6:39pm

Hi Rebecca, in my case I started the spray on day 21. You get your drugs at the 2nd appt and then you have to ring them on day 1 of your next cycle so they can make out your schedule. You'll receive it in the post about a week later.

Monday, August 22nd 2016, 8:47pm

Thanks Ready, wonder would they let you start spray that cycle if you seen them for second appointment before day 21?? Would you know I was keen to start asap!! Lol!!

Tuesday, August 23rd 2016, 3:26am

One you get ur letter to say u have reached the top of the list roughly how long is it before treatment starts?xx

Tuesday, August 23rd 2016, 8:25am

Hi Rosebud, I got letter to tell me I'm top of list middle of July and my 2appointments aren't until end of August and middle of September. Then with period dates I'm sure it will be October before I'm actually taking meds!! Still a long enough wait even once you get the letter!! xx

Tuesday, August 23rd 2016, 8:29am

Rebecca, I'd hoped that too but the nurse said no. She said everyone has to phone on day 1. It'd be a bonus if you were given different advice but at least if you go prepared expecting to have to wait you won't be disappointed x

Tuesday, August 23rd 2016, 8:50am

Thanks Ready. Will be October for me then before I start meds. Such a long process but I suppose if it gets the right outcome it will all be worth it!! Here's hoping!! Do RVH do early morning appointments for scans to see how follicles are progressing? x

Tuesday, August 23rd 2016, 8:59am

Yeah it takes a wee while to get up and going but as you say let's hope it's worth it. Yeah they scan you early in the morning x

Tuesday, August 23rd 2016, 9:45am

Thanks again Ready, great to know all these wee things so that I'm mentally prepared for it all!! How are you getting on with everything? Have you started your treatment now? x

Tuesday, August 23rd 2016, 4:35pm

You're welcome. It's nice to have an idea of what to expect. This forum is great. Yes, I've started but haven't had any scans yet. The drugs are all fine with no side effects so far. Thanks for asking. The time will fly in for you over the next few weeks. October isn't far away!!x

Pb85

Ace

Reg: Jun 8th 2014

Tuesday, August 23rd 2016, 7:23pm

Hi Rebecca. I've had two cycles in rfc. NHS and private. I never had to phone on day one of my cycle. I got my schedule on my second appointment when I got my meds on both occasions. I had my day 21 a few days after my appointment and got to start straight away xx

Tuesday, August 23rd 2016, 9:27pm

Hi Pb85, ohh that's great to know!! Thanks a million!! I will just have to try my luck and see what happens!! It maybe just depends on wat nurse you get!! Did u ever make any decisions re: GCRM or alternative? xx

Ready, hope all goes well with ur cycle and keep us updated as you go!! Really hope this is ur time!! xx

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Rebecca2016" (Aug 23rd 2016, 9:30pm)

Pb85

Ace

Reg: Jun 8th 2014

Wednesday, August 24th 2016, 7:29pm

No problem, if you have any questions at any time just ask away. I've actually had three schedule appointments but took shingles two weeks into my second cycle but I got my schedule that day too,from three different nurses so I don't no.

Yip I'm going to go to gcrm. Access fertility now do a pay for two cycles and get 50% refund if not successful. Which I'm glad because not sure if I want to commit to three. So saving at min and going on a long weekend to Spain next weekend and maybe make appointment soon.

Started acupuncture two weeks ago to see if it will make any difference and started taking vita west vitamins, so time will tell if it all works. X

Friday, August 26th 2016, 2:52am

Thanks for the reply Rebecca I was thinking when I get my letter probs still be a few months before I actually get started lol I'm due my letter round middle of October so that leaves me starting Jan/Feb if it works out roughly same process as u. This waiting is killing me, I can deal with needles and being poked and prodded at., but waiting drives me insane it's the not knowing lol

Love this wee forum think id be absolutely lost without it as I don't have anyone else apart from my dp to chat to about things, I woul have a clue what to expect if it wasn't for you ladies thanks very much.

Keep us posted Rebecca if u can as I love to hear about the experiences that I will have to go thru too. Best of luck to u too xx

Thursday, September 1st 2016, 12:40am

Well ladies how's everyone doing? All my little nieces and nephews are heading back to school tomorrow don't know what but I've been quite emotions today wish it was me sending my child to school! Aw well hopefully one day. Hope Yous are all keeping well xxx

Reg: Feb 17th 2016

Thursday, September 1st 2016, 12:38pm

Hi rosebud just thought I'd let you know I'm due my letter in October to, so we should be going through treatment around the same time. I'm soooo excited!! just can't wait to get on with it all.

Reg: Feb 17th 2016

Thursday, September 1st 2016, 12:49pm

Hi ladies I'm just wondering has anyone done anything different to prepare for ivf? I know a lot of ladies eat healthier and exercise but I have heard about ladies not wearing fake tan and nail polish or eating different foods to improve there chances. I was just wondering has anyone been advised to do these things? Seems to be a lot of this on the Internet but nothing has been mentioned at the rfc.

joL

Ace

Reg: Oct 8th 2009

Thursday, September 1st 2016, 7:37pm

I never wore anything, but that was personal choice! But I think that that say no tan/perfume in around EC/et
JoJo xx

:BFP: 25th Dec 09 au naturale
Bouncing baby boy Lee 9lb65oz. 11th sept 2010

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE