You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Feb 28th 2016

Tuesday, July 12th 2016, 2:43pm

Hi HH29

HH29

I meant to reply to your last comment regarding your next cycle being down regulated. I know very little about it but have been doing some research due to my current situation. Both rounds of IVF have been following the short protocol without down regulation and both times I have responded too quickly and our embryos have been really poor quality. I have a high Antral follicle count and respond a bit too well to drugs so I have done some research and have found out that the poor embryos may be as a result of high androgen levels (testosterone) which are released in response to an LH surge which accompanies stimulation with FSH. By down regulating you are creating a relatively LH free environment so that the LH surge and resulting testosterone release is reduced and does not have a negative impact on your eggs.

Does anyone else have any information on this at all? I sometimes find that the doctors keep the information very basic even though we all have the capacity to understand more detail. I think that they maybe take your age into account too much regardless of other information that is right in front of them.

I hope everyone is doing well and lots of BFPs soon :)

Xx

Reg: Oct 25th 2015

Friday, July 15th 2016, 3:42pm

Hi,
How's everyone doing? My 2WW was over today and finally took test... Just to get another BFN. So disappointed... I actually felt different this time and thought that perhaps it was my third time lucky.... Never mind, back to square one. The journey continues. No choice but trying to keep spirits high, positive thinking and try not to lose hope that it'll happen at some point. So frustrating though... ;(
ICSI 1, Nov 2015: :BFN:
FET 1, March 2016: :BFN:
FET 2, June 2016: : :BFN:
ICSI 2, Nov 2016: :BFN:
FET 3, May 2017, :BFP: IT'S TWINS!!! bab22 bab22

Reg: Jan 28th 2016

Children: 0

Friday, July 15th 2016, 10:58pm

Aww sunflower I'm so so sorry I really hoped it would of been good news!!

It is frustrating and such a heartache of a roller coaster ride..

Big hugs and it's not back to square one as u would have gained and conquered so much strength and grown as a person than before this journey, just hope one day u and all off us will have our much wanted loved baby in our arms until that day all we can do is try to stay as positive as can be

Do u have any more frozen or will it be another full cycle next? Xxx

Saturday, July 16th 2016, 11:24am

Thanks Bambi,
Yes, there's no choice here but to stay positive and look ahead into the future with the hope that one day it will be 'your time'.
We still have 2 embryos left from round one. I expect that's what will happen next. Now let's just wait for that follow-up appointment letter, hoping it will arrive before long...
How are you doing? Xx

Saturday, July 16th 2016, 3:27pm

That's good u still had some frozen, maybe phone then and if they can they can hurry things up..

I'm on a short protocol FET, hoping to get a transfer by end of month..

Would u consider putting both ur embryos in? I have 3 frozen, 1 in a straw and 2 in the other my plan is to try the 1 first if it fails then try the 2 xx

Sunday, July 17th 2016, 11:28pm

No, I would rather try one at a time. Doctors don't seem to recommend that. Besides, I think they need more than one if possible per treatment, because when they thaw/warm the frozen embryos, sometimes they don't survive. For example in my case, they had to thaw 3 because the first 2 didn't make it...
I guess in some particular cases where they think it advisable to put in 2 they tell you about that possibility. But when we have asked, the doctor said best one only. The leaflets they give you seem to be very much? against the possibility of twins! Because of complications for both mother and babies.... x

Monday, July 18th 2016, 3:10pm

So sorry to hear you got a BFN sunflower- I was looking out for a post from you and am so disappointed for you. I just got another BFN too after second round- I feel lucky in a way as I didn't have the agonising 2ww. Both times I got my period a week early. I have everything crossed for you for your next 2 blasts xxx

Monday, July 18th 2016, 5:38pm

Ah right, I'm not sure but that's the plan my doctor said to me..

Hope u don't have to wait to long for ur follow up appointment xx

Reg: Aug 29th 2015

Children: 0 earth babies & 3 Angels, 1 failed fresh cycle of a double embryo transfer xxx

Tuesday, July 19th 2016, 10:19am

Morning ladies

Sunflower I'm really sorry to read your news about a BFN :-(. It's heartbreaking to see the test give that result. Big hugs for next time and to everyone else too.

Wee Miracles and HH29 have a look at this link. I found it earlier in the year we went from 8 egg, 7 fertilized and 5 with a decent cell count etc to ending up with nothing by day 5 after a double embryo transfer. I took a copy of this along to my follow up appt and queried the short flare protocol with them and the possibiliy of lower quality eggs. it's quite a long read but it does give some useful info in it.

Agate's guide to learning from your failed IVF cycle 1

xxx
:xxx3:

blowkiss

Wednesday, July 20th 2016, 10:22am

Thank you rodeo girl. That was really useful. How are you? I'm not sure what stage you are at in your journey- hope it I all going well and a BFP for you soon.
I have so many concerns about my treatment so far, just feel like we've been put on the wrong protocol twice especially now it appears like I'm borderline PCOS. My blood tests were all done back in March 2015 so it's been a whole year and they haven't tested again :( 1st cycle in Feb and 2nd cycle in July, 11 and 16 months after my blood tests taken. I am 32 and I guess they thought I might be a poor responder on the long protocol but both times I have responded too quickly as as a result the embryo quality has been poor. Just such a difficult thing to go through and it makes it worse when the first few cycles are trial and error because they don't tailor the cycle to individual needs :(

Thank you for the information - I have read and highlighted the print out I've made and will take it along to my follow up. I think it should be around 6 week wait although last time I managed to get a cancellation.

Hope everyone is well. Xxx

Children: 0 earth babies & 3 Angels, 1 failed fresh cycle of a double embryo transfer xxx

Wednesday, July 20th 2016, 11:04am

I'm good thanks. Just finished a trial on Progonova and Progesterone to see if they could get my lining thick enough before we try another cycle. They weren't keen to do this but I insisted as had a very thin lining previously and after surgical damage was caused to my uterus by Raigmore a year and a half ago. I'm so glad I forced them to do the drug trial as it proved I needed a much higher does of meds to thicken the lining up to the minimum level to hopefully sustain a pregnancy again. Now waiting for an update on when we can start the next cycle as the guidelines for travelling in a Zika infested country have changed and it looks like I'l have to wait an additional month now. We were due to start in Aug with a Sept transfer but now looks like its going to be starting in Sept with an Oct transfer. We were in Thailand in June when it was only classed as having sporadic outbreaks in the last 9 months but it changed to high risk while we were there unfortunately so now waiting for advice as Hazel wasnt sure what to do and Dr Bhatta was on holiday.

That's sounds horrible they have had you on the wrong protocol twice!! I know the first time can be a hit or a miss to see how you respond but twice is really bad. I did the short flare protocol as I'm 42 and they said it was the best one to use and I responded loads better than they expected me to as they had put me on the highest dose but after reading the link above it said by aiming for more follices and decent sizes, it can be detrimental to the egg quality. I tried to ask about it at my follow up as we were from 7 out of 8 fertilizing to nothing but we were fobbed off with a roundabout and unclear reply which didn't really make sense to us. Can you ask for your bloods to be repeated in light of the borderline PCOS? We found we really had to dig our heals in at times to get stuff done. I feel so bad for you. Fingers crossed you get your follow up appt soon.

xxx

blowkiss

Egood

Reg: Jan 2nd 2015

Children: One boy, 02/11/11

Wednesday, July 20th 2016, 5:14pm

Cd to give away

hello ladies,

I have been active on this forum in the past but not since we stopped the ivf route. Had two unsuccessful rounds and we didnt want to go for a third one as we were on self funded treatment as we were blessed with a boy (natural) 5 years ago.ju

Anyway, just ti say good luck to you all...a tough journey!

I am clearing up my study and found a cd of hypnotherapy for ivf. I used it while doing the ivf an dit was wonderful to relax, fell asleep a few times while listening to the cd

I woul dlove for someone else to use it. I am happy to give it for free, collection in aberdeen or i am also happy to send it.
First to reply will get it!
It is th eivf belief cd by helen mcpherson.

Thursday, July 21st 2016, 8:35am

Thank you rodeo girl :) I feel reassured now- I thought I was going a little insane but I'm glad someone else agrees that it's difficult to make them listen to you - I should be a bit more persistant next time!! I don't think they've ever suspected PCOS but my Antral follicle count is approaching 30 and I have read that anything over 30 is PCOS. I think my hormone profile was normal but I think I have other symptoms o PCOS and some sufferers don't have them all. It would be interesting see what my LH an testosterone levels are- may see if my GP is willing to do further investigation. All the best for your treatment - hope your lining is beautiful an thick for your next transfer :) thanks again for all the information an support.

Hi egood

Congratulations on your wee one- that's amazing that it happened naturally for you after the heart ache of 2 failed rounds- we still try Incase by some miracle that happens for us too :)

I would love a cd to help me relax :) thank you so much for your kind offer. I'm usually so wound up I nip to the gym for a couple hours to get it out of my system but was looking for another relaxation technique- did you find it helped a lot?

Xx :thanx:

HHH29

Reg: Mar 8th 2016

Thursday, July 21st 2016, 1:04pm

Thanks Rodeogirl and wee miracles. I am on my second cycle and was told not to expect much so have been feeling pretty down about it, its so much to put yourself through to have little hope of getting what you want at the end. I am still only 30 with a borderline high FSH level. I was on the short protocol for my first round, but the follicles didn't grow at the same rate so I ended up with a lot of immature eggs and the one embryo we managed to get was so poor they didn't recommend returning it. I am now on the long protocol, still got another week to go before I start the stim meds. This week has been my turning point, I really need to give myself a shake and start believing it can happen, my age is on my side so I just need to find the right mix of drugs to help us get there so whether it is this cycle or another 2 down the line I'm not going to give up. Wee miracles I'm definitely with Rodeogirl on being more forceful as to what you want and pushing for what you think might work for you. Good luck to you both!

Hope everyone else is well.

xxxxxx

Friday, July 22nd 2016, 9:55am

Morning ladies

Congratualtions Egood. It's lovely to hear a postive story and gives us all hope.

Wee Miracles, it sounds like they should be doing further investigations on you now if you have suspected PCOS. Try your GP as I know mine did some of these additional bloods in the beginning as Raigmore were dragging their feet then when we did eventually force them to refer us for 1 cycle after fobbing me off in the past, my GP was able to go direct to Aberdeen with all my results and we cut Raigmore out of the picture completely. GP was amazing and so supportive in doing all that she could to help us and especially after all of my previous miscarriages before we turned to IVF. Dont give up without a fight and fire all sorts of questions at them to challenge them into looking into other options. They must love it when I come through the door and actually jokingly say 'what research have you brought us today' and you sometimes know more than we do when it comes to published journal articles! Talking of which this link below might be of interest to those who have have failed cycles or recurrent mc's. Latest research by Prof Quemeby in Coventry has shown that lack of stem cells in the uterus can cause implantation failure and recurrent mc's. There is a link to the jounal article at the bottom of the page. I showed this to the male Consultant we saw for our follow up appt in April and he didn't know anything about it.

Lack of stem cells to blame for recurrent miscarriages

HH29 sorry they have given you such a poor outcomes. I can totally sympathise as we were told similar if we carried on using my own eggs as they couldn't suggest any other reason for things.It's so hard to get your head around as you don'y want to give up on your dreams for a family. In the end we made such a difficult decision to finaly use a donor egg instead as time wasn't on my side to keep trying with my eggs. Fingers crossed a diffierent protocol will make a big difference and they have got it right this time. I won't say try to stay positive as I know how hard it can be and hated it when people said it to me but I do wish you all the luck in the world and that this time will be your special time. Hang in their and don't give up without a fight xxxx

Good luck to eveyone else and hope you all have a lovely and peaceful weekend. I'm having a quiet one for a change. Feeling pretty rubbish after stopping the progesterone and oestrogen tables on Tues and hoping AF arrives soon to flush out all of these hormones I've been taking on the trial! I never thought I be so glad for AF to start! lol

xxxxxxxx

blowkiss

Reg: Aug 7th 2014

Children: None

Wednesday, July 27th 2016, 10:18pm

Hi to all!

Just want to share my news I had a baby girl Eva the 17th of June after my second IVF treatment! I just want to wish everyone all the good luck for your treatments. This site was my bible when going through treatment! I will continue to check in! Xxx :)

Friday, July 29th 2016, 8:16am

Aw congratulations hello!! What a beautiful name!

So lovely to hear a happy ending, hope u r enjoying motherhood!

This site is amazing especially if your haven't told a lot of people about your ivf treatment you still have people to talk to, do u think u will try another round in the future for a wee brother or sister for Eva? Xx

Friday, July 29th 2016, 8:23am

Morning, we prob will try again since we have 8 frozen embryos I always said if we are lucky to have one we will be satisfied and delighted but because we hsve frozen we will! I will have to be stopped breastfeeding for three months before we can start so maybe in 6 months time we will look into it.

Thanks again! How are you feeling? Xxx

Friday, July 29th 2016, 11:10am

Congratulations Hello on the birth of your wee Princess. Like Bambie said, what a lovely name. Hope you are both doing well. Good luck for the time when you try again with your frozen embies.

xxxx

blowkiss

Friday, July 29th 2016, 10:27pm

Sorry to moan. Just back from a colleague's retrial meal and drinks. Met lots of old colleagues who came along and people from other departments who I haven't seen for a while. A few didn't know we got married recently and if I had a £ for every time someone said so when you planning to start a family now you have finally tied the knot I could have almost paid for my next IVF cycle! I know they didn't mean any harm in what they said and we're just pleased for me and want us to be happy to but for the first time in a long time I was actually speechless and didn't know what to say back. I just muttered something about will just have to see what happens and watch this space as I'd didn't know what else to say. Feeling a bit flat now and sometimes wish people would stop and think before they ask these questions as they genuinely don't know what some people go through

Xxx ;(

blowkiss

bumblebee38

Megastar

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 7th 2008

Sunday, July 31st 2016, 4:23pm

:congrats: on your wee girl Hello.. Eva is a gorgeous name xx

Rodeogirl - sorry you had a rubbish time. People can't help themselves can they? I'm sure if they had any idea then they would feel awful.. I often get asked by patients how many kids I have...rather than explain about my loss I have to say none, which really hurts xx

Monday, August 1st 2016, 12:25pm

Hello - That's amazing to have so many frozen lots of opportunities to have another xx

Rodeogirl - sometimes dont u just feel like blurting it all out just to see their reaction and be like does that answer ur questions enough??!!

i understand they are being genuinely nice or inquisitive but it is very hard especially having failed or miscarriage which are still so very raw feeling, or even without infertility issues u never no what goes on behind close doors and what people are silently going through, maybe as time goes on infertility won't be so taboo and something u can comfortably talk about almost family and friends, I feel it's something we keep very private and wish I was strong or bold enough just to turn around and say we have some issues but hopefully one day it will be our turn to be blessed,

Or I say I have my furbabies :)

Hope everyone is well xx

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Bambi85" (Aug 1st 2016, 12:27pm)

Monday, August 8th 2016, 4:14pm

Hi everyone,
Just back from holiday, feeling refreshed and getting my mind round to getting back to work next week...
Anyway, I was surprised to find a letter from the clinic for follow-up appointment this Thursday! So soon!! It won't be even 4 weeks since I took pregnancy test, so I'm delighted with that. I do wonder if they will start down regulated protocol again to transfer the last round of frozen embryos or if they will recommend to start round number 2 to get fresh embryos... Not long to find out!

Hello, so glad to hear from you again and with such wonderful news. Many congratulations. So happy for you! It gives us all a bit of hope to hear happy outcomes to this difficult journey! Enjoy motherhood and take care.

Rodeogirl, I know exactly how you feel... it's so annoying!! People should mind their own business and not make such comments! Of course, there's the sort of general idea that getting pregnant is so easy and it just happens, just put your mind to it. But I actually think there should be some sort of awareness raising campaign to make people realise how difficult it is for so many women. I don't think it's a minority, but no one wants to talk about it because it's so upsetting! This summer, while I was away visiting family, I also felt quite on edge and defensive, on the ready should a classic attack such as 'so, what are you waiting for?' or 'when is the baby coming? You're not getting any younger!' was coming my way. We have been married for 4 years now, so that's what to expect from people, isn't it? Especially auld wifies!! They can be so insensitive!! Between that topic and the "you've put weight on" you can't win with them.... <grrr> Fortunately I must have sent a vibe of 'stay away from the touchy subject' because only one or two asked discreetly and I had an answer ready. I would just say to people that some women are very lucky in that department and others are not and that it seems it's not my time yet. That way you kill the conversation there and you don't need to give anyone explanations that are none of their business! Cheer up!

I hope everyone else is doing well. Xx

Monday, August 8th 2016, 7:09pm

Back down to earth today with a bang..

Been living in pupo land and decided today to test I'm on 11dp5dt - BFN! :-(

I no its early and I really strongly believe now in the don't test before OTD!

hope Thursday brings different news.. Just don't feel it! Need lots of prayers :-(

Tuesday, August 9th 2016, 10:00am

Morning everyone

Great news Sunflower that your follow up appt came through so quickly! Fingers crossed you get to try again soon.Thanks for the kind words too. I'm normally quick thick skinned and prepared for any comments but maybe I was just having an off day and they caught me off guard. I suppose I am a bit apprehensive deep down about our next cycle and also using a donor too but I'm not going to be spreading that around as that's nobody's business but ours. Our families know but not beyond that. That's a great line that you use, I'll have to try and remember it for the future!

Bambi don't give up hope yet. day 10/11 is when the hormones levels start to rise high enough. Have a look at this timeline link below. Good luck for Thursday and sending lots of baby dust your way.

What happens after Embryo transfer? Day 3 & Day 5 transfer calendar, ivf | Bubbles and Bumps

xxx

blowkiss

Tuesday, August 9th 2016, 11:57am

Thanks rodeogirl

I got it wrong my test date is Friday!!

I took the test yesterday morning clear blue was complete negative however yesterday afternoon I took the one they give u as I felt I needed to it showed negative aswell until I thought this morning I'm gonna double check and behold there is the faintest little shadow of a line on the positive.. Not getting my hopes up but I really wish they would empathise strongly the damage of testing to early it's so hard not to even though it might still be negative on Friday there is a chance it might be positive..

Anyways I'm logging out of here and my head until Friday!! No more thoughts or talks in my house about tests going no to enjoy my last few days of maybe still being pupo, thanks for the link was helpful xx

Wednesday, August 10th 2016, 1:11pm

Hello, congratulations on the birth of your wee toot! So lovely to hear success stories :)

Hello everyone, haven't been on for a while - I'm all over the place after our last round!

HH29 I read some literature on the benefits of acai berry and its effects on egg quality- I will pop in a link to the site once I find it again - thought it might help you :)

Bambi hope you are well and not stressing too much about Friday's outcome- I have berthing crossed for you.

I've had an emotional few weeks! Second roun of IVF was easier physically with no overstimulation this time but emotionally I am spent!! 2 poor quality embryos transferred so really thought we had no hope. AF arrived 5 days before it was due and 7 days before we were due to test so much the same as the 1st round. But on the day after we were due to test I started having trance symptoms and tested- very strong positive! In a complete panic I called the clinic hoping to get my progesterone levels tested thinking they must be low hence the bleeding but they told me to test again 5 days later an wait and see. Had more spotting and tested positive again so we got very excited thinking this could be our time :) but sadly bleeding got worse the day before our scan so brought the scan forward which showed no signs of pregnancy and preg test was now negative :( I'm just a mess wondering what could have been - surely progesterone levels are a huge factor and an indication of low progesterone is bleeding before period and test due? So confused- has this happened to anyone else? I know it could have been embryo quality but a small part of me is convinced this pregnancy could have been saved.

Sending love and loads of luck to everyone on this journey. Hopefully BFPs for us al soon xx

Wednesday, August 10th 2016, 1:22pm

P.s of the 4 very poor quality embryos we had left 2 of them are now very good quality blasts and have been frozen which also makes me wonder if progesterone levels are cause of miscarriage and it could have been a viable pregnancy if they had monitored / treated?

Wednesday, August 10th 2016, 4:25pm

Wee Miracles I'm so sorry to read of the stress you have been through. What a nightmare for you both. Big hugs to you. I've never heard of your situation before. Have you had a follow up yet to discuss things? Could it have been a chemical pregnancy perhaps? I hope you get some answers soon and they can help for next time. Great news about the others getting to be blasts though! Thats great! Hopefully by doing a FET next next the uterus will be nice and calm after no egg collection and it will be your turn then.

Has anyone tried or had any success with reflexology? Not having a brilliant day. A friend of my hubby emailed from Oz this morning to say they had a littel girl yesterday, we had forgotten she was pregnant, then came into work and a close work friend annouced she was 13 weeks. She has had 2 mc's and an ectopc in the past and we have been through a lot together over the last few years so I'm really happy for her that it's finally her time and the fact she took the time to tell me privately before she told everyone else. It just feels a bit raw hearing 2 people getting lucky in the one day. Trying to stay postiive though. She used the same acupuncture lady as me previously but this time tried reflexolgy instead and got a positive results 6 weeks after starting it. I just wondered if anyone else had tried this with any luck?

Big hugs to everyone and and good luck Bambi for tomorrow!

xxxx

blowkiss

Wednesday, August 10th 2016, 6:26pm

Hi rodeogirl and weemiracles!

So sorry to read your message about your last attempt! Hopefully the clinic can help and glad you have Frosties to use!

Rodeogirl! I swear that reflexology helped me hugely on my second attempt and helped me be successful I had it a few weeks before treatment and through my treatment also. I felt more reflexed and more positive and recommend it hugely xxx

Wednesday, August 10th 2016, 7:14pm

Thanks Hello. I've got to be name who who my pals used in Inverness so think I'll give her a call and make an appt. there's no harm in giving it a go and see how I get on. Xxx

blowkiss

Thursday, August 11th 2016, 11:13am

Hi Rodeogirl

My sister in law had issues conceiving then had reflexology and was pregnant after 2 months. I was a bit reluctant as my issue is blocked tubes but after all my other issues recently I'm going to start.

Has anyone ever heard of or had catheterisation for blocked tubes? The clinic never told us about it even though it is 80- 90% success rate in cases of proximal blockages.

Xx

Thursday, August 11th 2016, 4:24pm

Thanks wee Miracles. Thats good to know about your SIL too. I'm waiting to hear back from the lady and hopefully see her soon although I'm wondering if I should go back and do the acupuncture too? The lady i used for that before said if using a donor I only need to go the week before transfer.

I've never heard of that treatment. I wasn't aware that they could treat blocked tubes but then I've never researched it. I know they can remove adhesions and scarring by a hysteroscopy and it's less invasive that way.I had a hysteroscopy last Nov under GA to check for scarring and adhesions due to my ashermans. Ask them and see what they say. Good luck and fingers crossed if it has such a high success rate too. Thats would be amazing for you!

Well I've just had a call from Hazel one of the nurse to say they have found be a suitable donor match. She is 4 cm taller than me but looking at my ruler at work (and getting some strange looks as I keep smiling at it, lol) I can cope with that. The eye colour was our main thing we wanted matched so that's good. they wanted me to started the tablets on CD 21 which also happens to be today so perfect timing :) At the moment they are aiming for her egg collection on the 21st of Sept all being well so at least that's something to work towards. My colleagues keep looking at me wordering why I've got a grin like a Chesire cat!!!

xxxx

blowkiss

Thursday, August 11th 2016, 10:13pm

That's fantastic news rodeogirl! No wonder your smiling it's the next big step! Good luck and all the best xxx

Friday, August 12th 2016, 7:57am

Wow! Exciting times rodeogirl Xx

Well today is OTD and it's definitely a BFN

My best friend just had her third baby yesterday which was a surprise pregnancy.. I'm over the moon for her but u no..

My second attempt failed.. How do people go through this time and time again I feel like I'm near done its emotionally exhausting and feel like it's taking over my life, can't seem tooc Is on anything else

Friday, August 12th 2016, 8:32am

Rodeogirl I'm thinking of trying reflexology aswell I'm hoping there is someone local to me that does so I don't have to travel far for that as well!

I have heard about it and overlooked but at this point anything is worth a try xx

Friday, August 12th 2016, 9:15am

Morning Ladies and thanks for you good wishes. It's was a strange night as we were so happy to have be given this chance and are delighted that another lady has been so generous in doing this wonderful thing for us, we can't thank her enough. I suppose deep down there is still a tiny bit of disapointment that genetically it won't be my child but it won't stop me loving it any less if we do get lucky. I'm trying to focus on that it it should work then I'll stil have the bond of carrying and nurturing it. I've just spoken to Hazel again this morning as I had a few questions and she is going to ask Dr Bhatta about maybe having an embryo scratch. Due to this all happening so quickly, there might not be enough time to have it done and as she forgot to ask about this before but will see what she said. Someone end of last year had a scratch done but I can't remember who it was. Has anyone got any info on it? Is it sore, does it take long to heal etc?

Bambi I'm so sorry it wasn't good news for you today ;( It's so hard to pick yourself back up again and keep going. I know what you mean about hearing other people having better luck too. I had a day like that on Tues and as happy as I was for my friends it is hard to swallow. You are right it's always in the back of your mind. Have some 'me' time. Go and do something special with you OH or have some pampering time and try to get out. I know sitting in the house wrecked my head. Are you in Highland? I can give you the contact details for the lady my pal used in Inverness if that would help you find someone for reflexology? If anything, I'll go just for the relaxation side of things as I'm not sleeping well at all just now. let me know if you want the details and I'll send them to you. Big hugs xxxxx

blowkiss

Saturday, August 13th 2016, 3:39pm

Afternoon, so sorry for you bambi thinking of you!

Rodeogirl, I had the scratch and to me it also helped the embryo stick! I got it in the August and started in the September I am sure! It only took 5 mins and I was in and out was uncomfortable! Xxx

Sunday, August 14th 2016, 6:36pm

Hi ladies,

Bambi, sorry to hear about your BFN. It's such as disappointment, isn't it? Just get back on the horse and don't let the obstacles in your path let you forget why you're doing all of this. No matter how upsetting this is, not getting what we want so much, keep fighting and be strong. One day, it will be our turn.

Wednesday, August 17th 2016, 8:53am

Morning Ladies

Hope everyone is enjoying the late summer and lovely sunshine! I don't want to be in work when it's like this :-(

Hello, thanks for the info on the scratch. Hazel finally phoned me back yesterday afternoon to say she had spoke to Dr Bhatta and she said it wasn't worth doing the scratch as it wasn't proven to make any difference but then I've heard different to people who have had failed previous cycles but a postive test after having it done. I'm a bit annoyed as I asked about this in May and during my trial of meds in July and Hazel kept forgetting to ask her if I could have it and she then said on Thursday that she thought it was too late now to do it which is totally frustrating. Will jsut have to hope and pray it works this time!

xxx

blowkiss

Wednesday, August 17th 2016, 1:07pm

Hi Bambie85

hello how are you doing?

I just had a quick question. I've just been on the phone to one of the nurses to ask about when we can do FET after miscarrying and she says we have to wait 3 months :( did you have to wait this long too? Really frustrating, just feel like all we do is wait! 4 years after getting married and the most we've managed is 2 early miscarriages or chemical pregnancies :( if we have to wait 3 months then I think I will go for this catheterisation in the meantime.

How is everyone doing? Hope everyone is coping and BFPs all round soon!! :)

Sending Love of love xx

Wednesday, August 17th 2016, 1:10pm

Hi rodeo girl

I have also heard this is meant to be great for implantation success - can you insist on it? I was going to ask about it for our FET as I will do anything for it to work. Hope it all goes well and you get a positive result this time

Sending hugs xxxx

Wednesday, August 17th 2016, 1:13pm

Hi rodeogirl

Hi how are you doing?

I have also heard that the scratch is meant to be great for implantation success rates- I wonder hey they haven't had good results like other clinics. Can you insist and appeal their decision?

Hope it all goes well and you get a positive result

Sending hugs xxx

Wednesday, August 17th 2016, 2:11pm

Hiya. My gut feeling is they screwed up with Hazel not asking Dr Bhatta the twice we asked before and as you are supposed to do it in the month before you start treatment. As we are using a donor this time, she will be signed up ready to start treatment and I'm working around her cycle. My guess is that it's too late to do it now. Will just have to hope for the best.

In the past after my 3 missed mc's from natural pregnancies I was always told to wait 3 months before trying again. Luckily each time I fell pregnant 1st month of trying but sadly they all ended in mc. We were told it was best to let the hormone levels drop back before trying again. We were also told before our 1st IVF cycle that if we had managed to freeze any embies and wanted to used them, again we would have to wait 3 months to let the hormones levels drop as a FET cycle is differnt levels or types of drugs so they need your HCG level (I think it was) to be back to zero and sometimes this can take a few months. The wait is awful as you just want to get going and trying again. Massive hugs. Sounds like you have been trying as long as us! It's soul destroying at times :-( Don't give up without a fight. Can you hound them for a cancellation slot?

xxxx

blowkiss

Thursday, August 18th 2016, 4:16pm

Thanks everyone for the nice messages, it's so hard not to get ur hopes up

Str***

Reg: Aug 5th 2016

Thursday, August 18th 2016, 6:07pm

Hi All,

Im completley new to this. In brief, my husband and i have been TTC for 2 years next month. Ive had all tests done at Aberdeen Clinic and the Doctor "thinks" its a blocked right tube causing the infertility. I was told to go for IVF and that it would be a 4-6 month wait from date of referral (13th July). Just received my letter and it states 6-8 Months and says Jan-Mar 17. Has anyone else been told timescales and then received different? I could cry, seems so far away.

Thanks ?o(

Friday, August 19th 2016, 7:01am

I did write a long message yesterday but only showing first line!

Weemiracles I had my d&c miscarriage on the 8th June, had my follow up on 7th July started my af on 10th July and had transfer on 28th July, I didn't have a natural cycle afterwards just the aftermath of the surgery and miscarriage maybe that didn't help with negative from the FET, there was no talk about having a natural cycle or waiting I said I was keen to the ball rolling again and they appeared happy with that maybe everyone different tho I do normally have normal 28 day cycles, it's all just a big waiting game for us woman who if ur like me have not a lot of patience it can be torturous xx

Friday, August 19th 2016, 2:57pm

Wee Miracles. I've just had a PM from someone on another forum as she had an appt yesterday in Aberdeen and asked about tubular canulation. I said I knew of someone else thingking about it too. She was told by Dr Rustamov that it's not something they like to do and its not available on the NHS but they will do it but it might be nearer Dec before it's done. She was told they tend to do the dye test for a 2nd time to see of it will unblock them and if that didn't work then they would try the canulation and if that didn't work they could finally cut the tubes on either side of the blockage and rejoin them. Their succes rates drops then from75% to 50% if they have to rejoin them. You might have to stay in for about a week after having the last procedure done which is the downside.It sounds like they are not saying no to doing it, but just that they are not that keen. Thought I would pass on the info to you before you see them again.

Sening lots of hugs to everyone and hope you all have a lovely weekend!

xxxxx

blowkiss

Lily884

Reg: Aug 16th 2016

Monday, August 22nd 2016, 11:11pm

Newbie!

Hi ladies, I am at the start of the fertility treatment journey having finally been referred by our GP to Raigmore in Inverness. I called the hospital to see what current waiting times are and they said 3 months for a new referral - that's ok but in the meantime I'm trying to prepare myself as much as possible, reading everything I can!

I was just wondering if someone who has gone down the same route with Raigmore in particular could please let me know what to expect at our first appointment, what happens next, how long would it be before we get referred to Aberdeen etc etc? I am THE most impatient person so a realistic timeframe will help me deal with it rather than all the unknowns and guessing!

Any advice much appreciated, and wishing you all the best luck!! xx
3 years TTC, male factor, starting 1st ICSI in Jan :|

Tuesday, August 23rd 2016, 8:56am

Morning Ladies

Welcome to our newbies Str*** and Lily884. Good luck to you both on your journey and hopefully someone will be able to answer any questions you may have. I'm not sure what the timescales are at the moment for new referrals. If you look on the Aberdeen Fertility Clinic website they usually have a waiting times page. The times will vary depending on which Health Board you are from and other Boards outwith Grampian pay for IVF services.

Lily I'm a Raigmore patient too and there are a few other Highand ladies on here too. Raigmore usually do all the basic tests first and depending on what your problem is, you may be treated by Dr Caird in Inverness with something like Clomic drugs. I'm not sure what stage you are at yet or if the plan is jsut to refer you straight to Aberdeen. Did you GP say what they had planned to do?

Good luck

xxx

blowkiss

9 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

9 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE