You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Oct 15th 2015

Monday, June 27th 2016, 2:34pm

oh my goodness My Time im in shock reading this!

Some people are so insensitive, did you find out her name as i would be calling back again and reporting your conversation! If they were happy enough to start your treatment they cant really stop it now can they?

Try not to let it get to you, Goodluck in your tracking scan tomorrow i hope all goes well for you :)

As for crying in work SNAP i was in tears this morning had to tell people it was hayfever lol dont think they bought it...

Hope everyones treatment is going good xx

Reg: Oct 9th 2014

Thursday, June 30th 2016, 10:10pm

Hi my time xx Big hugs X Sorry the nurse was so mean to you. I found the majority of them lovely but I found a few rude!! Just wanted to let u know I had a high BMI of 33 and my treatment was successful and I'm currently 14 weeks xx

Reg: Feb 17th 2016

Tuesday, July 5th 2016, 1:08pm

Hi ladies just wondering does anyone know the number for the rfc but at the grove I can't seem to find it anywhere. Thanks

Reg: Sep 28th 2015

Children: None

Thursday, July 7th 2016, 3:29am

028 9063 5888 Option 1

Reg: Jul 10th 2016

Monday, July 11th 2016, 1:45pm

Hi ladies, is anyone about to start treatment at the RFC? I will begin my spray on the 30th July and I'm hoping for cycle buddies!

Tuesday, July 12th 2016, 8:51am

Hey Readyfor#3
I bet you cant wait to get started

Tuesday, July 12th 2016, 9:02am

Hey Readyfor#3
I bet you cant wait to get started
Ahhh all my message hasnt appered lol

Tuesday, July 12th 2016, 11:39am

Hi Hopefull30! Yeah I'm excited but nervous too. Phoned RFC this morning with AF details so they will post my schedule out within the next 7 days! Are you currently having treatment??

Thursday, July 14th 2016, 1:55pm

Yes im in middle of treatment had first scan yday and doc said things were developing slow!
I have to increase my dose of menopur and go back on sunday so i hope it helps!
I bet you cant wait to start!

fairyxo

Reg: May 26th 2015

Friday, July 15th 2016, 9:47am

Hey girls

Hey girls, I went for my 2nd tracking scan this morning and they said I've one follicle on the left and 2 small ones on the right. He said my egg collection won't be on Monday now as planned as they want to review me again on Sunday. Am I right in thinking I should have more follicles by now.
My dose is 225 units of bemfola daily. He didn't increase my dose.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Friday, July 15th 2016, 12:05pm

Hi Fairy,
Did they say how much longer you need to take it? Maybe the extra few days will help instead of increasing the dose!
Im on menopur and the doc increased my dose but i have to go back a day sooner for tracking scan! It seems we have same issue but 2 different ways to treat! I hope all goes well for you on sunday and egg collection wont be to far away xx

fairyxo

Friday, July 15th 2016, 1:34pm

Hi hopeful

Hi hopeful, he just said he would review me on Sunday and get me a new prescription then. I've been reading that most people have over ten eggs at this stage so I'm a bit upset about it all. As I'm sure you are. But maybe these couple will be quality not quantity. I dunno. Fingers crossed for you too. Xx

joL

Ace

Reg: Oct 8th 2009

Friday, July 15th 2016, 3:13pm

I was never told how many eggs I had but in day of collection I had 10 n had last scan a few days before so not sure what I was doing egg ways! But I would think that they would have increased your dose if they thought that was best! Get drinking some milk and some Brazil nuts
JoJo xx

:BFP: 25th Dec 09 au naturale
Bouncing baby boy Lee 9lb65oz. 11th sept 2010

Friday, July 15th 2016, 5:47pm

Ok girls this is maybe TMI but iv jus been to loo and see a small bit of spotting when i wipe... Iv been reading up and some ppl say not to worry it could mean follices getting bigger? Has any1 else had this? Is this normal??

JOL is milk good to help them grow??

joL

Ace

Reg: Oct 8th 2009

Friday, July 15th 2016, 9:14pm

I had read Brazil nuts which I took throughout! Then between my last scan n collection I read abt milk so I drank it then. I didn't have any spotting sorry X
JoJo xx

:BFP: 25th Dec 09 au naturale
Bouncing baby boy Lee 9lb65oz. 11th sept 2010

Monday, July 18th 2016, 8:03pm

Hi Hopefull, I was away for a few days so haven't been on here. How are you doing now? Did you mention the spotting to the doctor?

Tuesday, July 19th 2016, 10:41am

Hi Ready,
Yes i told my doc and she said that it was fine. I was back in this morning after increasing my menopur again and things seem to be working now i was soo releived! So im booked in for egg collection on friday morning!
Have you received your schedule yet? It will all happen so fast now for you xoxo

Tuesday, July 19th 2016, 6:23pm

Hi Hopefull,
That's great that all is going well. I'm sure you were relieved that the spotting was irrelevant. There is so much to stress about!! Happy days about your follies responding. I'm sure you can't believe it's nearly EC time! How many eggs are they estimating you will get?
My schedule arrived this afternoon. The estimated EC day isn't until the 30th August. I'm happy with that because it gives me the summer with my kids without too much disruption xx

fairyxo

Tuesday, July 19th 2016, 7:13pm

Hi girls,
Had my egg collection today and had 7 eggs collected so I guess i just needed a couple more days to produce.
Collection was ok, was sore but nothing you can't cope with. All the staff were lovely in rfc.
I've to ring tomoro and see what fertilised overnight.
So... Fingers crossed again

Tuesday, July 19th 2016, 9:38pm

Brilliant Fairy Fingers crossed for tomorro xo

Wednesday, July 20th 2016, 9:38am

Hi fairy,
I haven't spoken to you yet but I'm thrilled to hear your good news! Well done! Hoping you get great news this morning xx

Wednesday, July 20th 2016, 1:06pm

Hi Ready
Iv just seen ur msg... The Doc didnt say she jus said there was lots i was just so glad that they had started growing that i never asked the amount! Thats good for you at least u can plan towards that date which im sure will be here b4 u know it :)
Today is my last day of injections jus the trigger tonite i really didnt find them tough at all but the last two days i could hardly get the needle into my skin lol my skin must be gettn tighter with all the injections lol

Thursday, July 21st 2016, 8:28am

No worries Hopefull! Im sure you are glad to see the back of the injections! The delightful crinone next. Super news about your lovely follicles! I hope that all goes really well for you tomorrow and you get a good haul of eggs x

Reg: May 12th 2016

Tuesday, July 26th 2016, 2:16pm

Hi Hopefull30, how are you doing? Hard to keep track of which stage everyone is at!! Hope all is well with you? xx

Tuesday, July 26th 2016, 3:33pm

Hi Rebecca
Im doing well now i had egg collection on Friday it really wasnt painful but ever since my tummy has been aching. Its startin to ease now thankfully!
I got 10 eggs on friday 7 of which fertilised so im back tomorrow for transfer!
Hows things going for you? Xx

Tuesday, July 26th 2016, 9:11pm

That's great Hopeful!! Brilliant number of eggs fertilised!! good luck for tomorrow and hope all goes well. Let us know how ur transfer goes, thankfully it's not as painful as collection!! Sticky vibes all the way!!

Things are good, got letter for bloods at end of August then protocol appointment middle of September so at least things are starting to move and hopefully the time flies in!! xx

Friday, July 29th 2016, 9:01am

Hi Hopeful, just wanted to check in and see how your transfer went? How many did they transfer? Really hope the 2WW flies in for you and you get postive news!! xx

Friday, July 29th 2016, 3:03pm

Hi Rebecca,
So my transfer was done just the one put back in and im hoping and praying it works!!!!
The rest of my embros they said werent good enough quality to freeze and they never said what the difference was in the one the put in and the others i wish i asked more questions when i was there i think i was a bit shocked to hear about the other ones!

Other than all that it went smooth no pain at all during transfer but im still afraid to pee incase it comes out lol silly i no lol they said my ovaries were still very swollen from egg collection so i hope they go down a bit now to.
Iv only 10 days left of 2ww and came back to work yesterday to get in routine as im not one for sitting about all day, i work in an office so im not on my feet all day anyway .

Thankd for checking in id be lost without the fourm xxx

Friday, July 29th 2016, 4:00pm

Aw i really hope and pray it works for you!! Thats disappointing about no frozen ones but only takes one to embed and grow, figgers crossed for you. No point in freexing embryos that would have less chance of success. Im sure they picked the best one for transfer. Did you use EEVA? I didnt with GCRM and wasnt sure whether to go with it at RVH or not!

Aw no worries, just as long as you dont think im being nosey! Its such a hard journey to be on but we are all wanting the same outcome. Really genuinly want this to work for you. I love this forum cause I dont feel stupid about asking questions and everyone is soo nice. xx

Friday, July 29th 2016, 6:37pm

No we didnt use EEVA we were planning on it but at one of our appointments we were told that the embryologists have been pick and grading the eggs for years and knew there stuff.

I love to read how everyone is getting on as everyone is at different stages but as u know time flies when you start treatment my worst part was waitin on my letter to begin treatment but looking back know its went quick. My very 1st app was in grove on the 6th Aug last year so they whole cycle will be complete in one year xx

Saturday, July 30th 2016, 10:28pm

That's true, never thought of it that way Hopeful!! They are very experienced and should know wat they are working with!! I'd say I'll not go for EEVA.

Hope ur wait goes quick but at least if your working it should go quicker than if you were at home! Wat way does RVH do the test? Do u go for for blood test or test at home? xx

Sunday, July 31st 2016, 11:14am

Sorry havent been on in a few days Rebecca, they give u a test to do at home and depending on the result (if positive) you go back 3 weeks from date to test for a scan, internal again and if neg u post back your result with date ur cycle started!

Im dreading even doing the test...

fairyxo

Sunday, July 31st 2016, 10:01pm

Hey girls.

I'm on day 9 of the 2ww and going stir crazy!!
I had lots of cramping and pains last week, nothing really this week until this evening, I've a heavy feeling, like my period might come.
Holding out till wed/thurs to do my test. Dreading it.

Hopeful I had 7 fertilised embryos as well and none were freezable. So if this fails it'll be a whole new cycle.

Anyone ever been to Dublin for treatment??

Xxx

Monday, August 1st 2016, 9:35am

Hi Hopeful and Fairyxo, im sure you are both patiently waiting for test day but dreading it at the same time!! Really hope its a BFP for you both!! Fingers crossed.

Thanks Hopeful, good to know what RVH do, last time round i sat in GCRM in floods of tears cause my period had come the day before but they still advise you to get the blood test done. With FET got the blood test done early morning then had to wait at home til 1pm to get the phonecall then the tears came again!!

I havent heard to anyone going to Dublin for treatment Fairyxo. Would be too far away for me with all the scans etc but maybe it is closer to you. I had my first round in GCRM in Belfast. Is this your first IVF Fairy? xx

Reg: Jul 5th 2016

Monday, August 1st 2016, 10:32am

Hi everyone

Just thought id pop by and say hello im on other sites but I see Rebecca had mentioned EEVA, I was talking to a girl in Belfast on Saturday who is studying Embryology in America and she said that a lot of the Hospitals in the UK are using gimmics like EEVA to get more money out of desperate people. Like hopeful says the Embryologists are at the top of their game and should be picking out the top quality eggs

Its horrible having to go through this but I wish all of you the best of luck x

Monday, August 1st 2016, 11:13am

Hi Ladies,
Hows everyone today?
Fairy im the same with cramps feels just like period is coming and i really hope its not that!!!
What day are you due to test? Im next monday but i tink i might do it in sunday do you think this will make a difference?
Iv never looked into dublin for treatment, have you heard good reports from there?
Allthatglitters is this your first try? How are you finding everything?
Xxx

Monday, August 1st 2016, 1:23pm

Hi Hopefull30

Im a newbie ,ive to have IVF i went on the List on Feb but have no idea when I will be called. Been TTC for over 3 years with my partner had all the tests but been classed as UNEXPLAINED :-( grrrrr hate that word but hopefully it wont be long till we are both on our way to getting our wee baba

I originally went to GCRM in Belfast in January and got to speak to Dr Abajae who just so happens to be the NHS fertility expert too. We had AMH tests and internal scans done here (cost over £500) eeek! but it saves a 6 month waiting list to have these done on the NHS! He said that IVF would be the better treatment to have since i was classed as unexplained and because of my age and was able to put me on the NHS List from this which was great. He found out that I had an overactive thyroid (something which my GP had missed for 2 years) shy1 and would certainly affect fertility. I was referred to an endrocinologist who was able to give me tablets and its now stabilized thank God!

Im so pleased to be able to speak to you girls as its so hard to express myself to people who have never been through infertility. My Partner is fantastic and so patient Bless him but its lovely having another girly or 2 to chat to xx

Tuesday, August 2nd 2016, 7:53am

Hi Allthatglitters,

Thats great that GCRM were able to put you on the NHS list from there hurries things along for you

Tuesday, August 2nd 2016, 7:55am

Aggghhhh this happens me all the time my post only shows partly!
Have you started treatment allthatglitters?
Has anyone tried Reki? I did it will i was waiting on my letter and it helped me relax xx

Tuesday, August 2nd 2016, 8:17am

Hi Hopefull30

No haven't started any treatment yet waiting on the letter, they say that it could take up to a year so ive got a wee while to go yet, No ive never had Reiki but I hear its supposed to be fabulous. I have been having reflexology which I find really good x

Tuesday, August 2nd 2016, 11:00am

My letter took 6mths from date of signing so hopefully u dont have to long to wait

fairyxo

Tuesday, August 2nd 2016, 2:42pm

Hey girls.

Yea this is my first cycle (nhs)
I'm day 12 post 3 day transfer today, had a negative test this morning. I'll test again tomoro and Friday but I'm not holding out much hope.

Origins fertility have a reduced price at the minute £1995 for ivf not including the drugs, so it's defo cheaper than gcrm. But I don't think their outcomes are as good.

Sims in Dublin do a programme called simply ivf for under 34 year olds for around £3k also. So there are some options out there.

Hope you are all well xxx

Tuesday, August 2nd 2016, 10:37pm

Hi Fairy, sorry about the negative test but don't loose all hope yet, could still be too early to show up yet. Really hope you get good news!! xx

Wednesday, August 3rd 2016, 7:40am

Hi Fairy

Sorry to hear about your test , it really isn't fair we put ourselves through this and not guaranteed anything and nobody can tell us why. Its so unfair we only get one go on the NHS :-( Did you have any frosties?x blowkiss

Wednesday, August 3rd 2016, 9:14am

Hi Fairy
Im sorry to hear about ur test! Its really unfair esp after everything we all have to go through ❤️
Dont give up we are all here for you xoxo

Reg: Sep 28th 2015

Children: None

Thursday, August 4th 2016, 5:41am

I think the same allthatglitters not that anyone with a child deserves any less as everyone is entitled to IVF through the NHS, but me and my partner had a discussion about only getting one chance on the NHS seems so unfair when u don't have any children at all, and unless u can afford private treatment you put all your eggs in you NHS basket. I find it unfair on anyone going through IVF and only getting one try those with or with any children as drug addicts that get NHS funded rehab don't just get one try and that's it, so why should this type of treatment be any different.

I'm soo Sorry to hear about ur test fairy try to keep positive even tho I'm sure that will be hard. But u just never know fingers crossed for u & I'm sending positive vibes and hugs ur way. I will light a wee candle for u tomorrow xx

fairyxo

Friday, August 5th 2016, 3:00pm

Thanks to all of you girls.
So it's a definite no for me, but I'm picking myself up and making plans to go again.

Trying to decide which clinic to go to is the hardest bit. Origin is defo much more affordable for us but I know gcrm advertise themselves as the most successful.

I also bought the book "it starts with the egg" on my kindle, started reading it last night and looks very good so far.

Hope you are all well xxx

Friday, August 5th 2016, 10:34pm

So sorry Fairy, I'm sure ur totally devasted. Take time to recover emotionally cause the whole process is so stressful!! Also helps to keep positive and focus on how u can progress to get one step closer to the dream. I had my first treatment at GCRM so feel free to ask any questions. Stay strong.xx

Friday, August 5th 2016, 10:43pm

Hi Hopeful

How is ur wait going? I hope you are keeping good? Fingers crossed for ur result. Would be great to hear some positive news. xx

Saturday, August 6th 2016, 12:55pm

Hey Rebecca,
Im good though really nervous about taking test im doin it tomorrow

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE