You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Jan 28th 2016

Children: 0

Saturday, May 21st 2016, 5:19pm

Fingers crossed for third time Lucky sunflower77 :) what is a down regulated cycle? Sorry I've never heard of that before

I've found looking up on the Internet has given me an understanding off how it all works and everyone and baby is different if conceived Iby ivf or natural I just hope and feel that the clinic was a bit premature in saying they are 99% sure it's an empty sac and missed miscarriage when 2 days later there is evidence of a fetal pole etc I just wish they had said things aren't looking as we hoped but come back in a week for a follow up it would have been less dramatic repeatedly saying ur baby is dead!

i wouldn't say this is a rare case but in early pregnancy when everything is so minute is it possible to rule anything a 100%? Thursday seems a lifetime away!

Reg: Feb 16th 2014

Tuesday, May 24th 2016, 6:58pm

Bambi - hope you're doing okay. Thursday is almost here and I really hope it brings you good news. This must have been such a long week for you, mulling over the different opinions. Hope you're holding up :cuddle x

Sunflower - I've only had one cycle before and I have very mixed feelings about going again, so you're not alone. But I've been on this forum for a while and third time lucky does seem to be a saying for a reason. I shall keep everything crossed for you.

I had my trial ET on Friday and all went well - still painful but they know how to do it quickly now (first ET was 40 plus minutes long...). I was offered a donor for the beginning of July but have decided to wait a bit as I'm feeling very run down with work and have another 6 weeks of crazy before the holidays. So hopefully I can have a bit of the summer hols to relax and recuperate first before giving it my best.

Hello to everyone else. Hope everyone is doing well.

xxx
ICSI #1: BFP, heartbeat seen at 7 & 8 weeks, miscarriage at 9 + 6 weeks

Reg: Feb 28th 2016

Wednesday, May 25th 2016, 12:51pm

Hi bambi

Good luck for tomorrow. I have my fingers and toes crossed for you and hope you get your happy news :)

I think all cycles are down regulated? Either with buserelin injections or norethesterone tablets. I'm due to begin cycle number 2 next month so will be starting down reg with norethesterone then baseline scan.

I'm hoping it goes better than the first round! Fingers crossed!!

Does anyone know of any cream that can be bought over the counter to numb the injection site.
Catkins - sorry you didn't tolerate the transfer very well, I hope your next FET is better for you

Sending love to everyone going through this journey xxx

bumblebee38

Megastar

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 7th 2008

Wednesday, May 25th 2016, 1:04pm

Elma cream is what's used in my local hospital. Not sure if you can buy it tho but ask your pharmacist
Long cycles are down regulated using Buserilin but on short protocol you use your hormones to boost drugs to work. Norethisterone is used to delay your cycle like the pill would. It's so the clinic can basically control when you bleed etc so that they don't have too many people at the same time etc

Hope all goes well tomorrow Bambi xx

Wednesday, May 25th 2016, 1:21pm

Thanks bumblebee - I'm not clued up yet on all matters IVF.

Hope all is well xx

Reg: Aug 29th 2015

Children: 0 earth babies & 3 Angels, 1 failed fresh cycle of a double embryo transfer xxx

Wednesday, May 25th 2016, 2:35pm

Hey ladies I'm finally back after taking some time out to get my head round things. Had a bit of a wobble about everything after our last failed cycle and trying to accept that using a donor next time would give us the best option after 3 mc's in the past through natural pregnancy. To cut a long story short we have had a telephone appt with Hazel the nurse a few weeks back to go over everything using a donor abroad and in Aberdeen as they now have no waiting list. So we are back in clinic this Friday to see the counsellor, sign the consent forms and do everything else we have to do. Starting to feel very nervous about it all especially the counsellor part as I'm a bit worried about it all but I'm sure they will guide us through the process before they start to find a match for us. I must be mad as we get married in 2 weeks on the 11th June but for my sanity I had to get the ball rolling now so I had something to focus towards. We can't do anything for a month after honeymoon in case we catch Zika virus by any chance so at least they can do the basic test on me during that time and check my dreaded lining out and see what state it is in!

Welcome to all the newbies who have joined since I was last on and congratulations to everyone who has had a sticky bean. There are too many people to comment on as its quite a few pages of messages but wanted to say good luck to you all and I'm keeping everything crossed for you all.

Bambi 85 my heart goes out to you. Ive been in that situation with my first natural pregnancy and its heartbreaking and the waiting is such a killer. Was it Jocelyn you saw in Raigmore? She is lovely and Ive seen her a few times in the past. I do hope you get better news at your next appt. Massive hugs to you xxxx

Wee miracles. I used the elma cream before my egg collection but it takes about an hour to work and you have to buy special dressings to keep it covered to work. I hate venflons going ti so used it before they sedated me but to be honest it didn't make much of a difference. You can bu it in Boots for about £6 for a tiny tube that doesn't last long. I held an ice cube of the injection site for 5 mins before injecting and that as better. good luck though xxx
:xxx3:

blowkiss

Wednesday, May 25th 2016, 7:16pm

Hi all this week has been tough, my brain is numb and actually incapable of thinking anymore, I feel I have made peace with whatever the outcome is tomoro..

Catkins - thank u it's made it even worse that I haven't been working this week, days r quite long when ur not in the mood for anything, I no millions of woman have been through this but it still makes u feel so alone and question why me? Why us? I've none heroin addicts who have had successful pregnancies, girls at my work who smoke throughout etc and me.. Well I'm boring I don't smoke, drink I am a good person pay my taxes respect the law and bad things happen.. Life is just cruel!

Weemiracles & bumblebee - thank u much appreciated, I hope all this well wishes work.. I get what is meant by down regulated I had to take norethisterone it was the burselin that was throwing me.

Rodeogirl - wow u really do have a busy time ahead, i can't imagine what u have gone through but to come out all positive and raring to go, I admire u I don't think I'd have the strength. I really wish u all the best for ur future and marriage.
It was jocelyn I seen, she is a lovely woman and seen me the next day I think she could hear the pain in the voice, very reassuring I just hope she is right but as she said epu are so varied and unexplainable at times.

It's all left with good old Mother Nature who I have grown to love so dearly I just hope she loves me and my little bean just as much.. I will check in tomoro and let u all no

Thanks again the support from the page is amazing, love 2 u all xxxx

1 registered user thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

bumblebee38 (25.05.2016)

Thursday, June 2nd 2016, 10:25pm

Hi all,

I haven't been able to get on here for a week. Has the forum been down?
Bambi - been thinking about you. You are so right - there is no justice on this journey. I too live a very boring life - work hard, don't drink or smoke etc. And the truth is everyone I know on this path is exactly the same.
Whatever your news was last week, I hope you are coping :cuddle
xxx

Friday, June 3rd 2016, 8:06am

Hi all, just a wee update as I couldn't get on the site must of been down..

Well I've had numerous scans and bloods done my scan was showing an empty sac few bits and bobs inside but nothing to resemble anything that it should, my hcg were rising by about a 1000 every 48 hours to begin with, not doubling as they should have been then on Monday it dropped by 300, they wanted to continue to monitor for another week so I asked for an appointment with my local gynae and we sorted it and I'm having a d&c today.

I was away at a wedding dance on Wednesday night about 5 hour drive from home, got back to hotel and the bleeding started and wouldn't stop until I arrived home last night, I had to stop and buy incontinence pull up pants, today I feel like I have been kicked in my stomach, the surgery is still going ahead as planned as they want to ensure its all out.

I just can't wait until this is all over and we can get excited for trying again (although I don't think I will be as excited next time around until (if o ever) I have a healthy baby in my arms)

Hope everyone is good and take care xxx

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Friday, June 3rd 2016, 8:19am

Sorry hunny :hugs:

Reg: May 16th 2014

Friday, June 3rd 2016, 9:36am

So sorry Bambi xx

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Positivethoughts" (Jun 3rd 2016, 9:38am)

Reg: Aug 7th 2014

Children: None

Friday, June 3rd 2016, 11:46am

Thinking if you bambi xx

Friday, June 3rd 2016, 12:01pm

Thanks everyone, if anything out of this journey u need to focus on the positives and not the negatives.. We got pregnant it did survive until 6weeks it will happen again and it's not the end! My head would be in a worse place if it was a negative pregnancy test, we would be really doubting ourselves

Xx

Friday, June 3rd 2016, 7:18pm

Oh, Bambi. I'm so sorry. Take it easy and look after yourself. Make sure you put yourself first and do whatever you need to do to come to terms with everything. x
[zx127]

Reg: Oct 25th 2015

Sunday, June 5th 2016, 10:04am

So sorry, Bambi. Thinking of you. Xxx
ICSI 1, Nov 2015: :BFN:
FET 1, March 2016: :BFN:
FET 2, June 2016: : :BFN:
ICSI 2, Nov 2016: :BFN:
FET 3, May 2017, :BFP: IT'S TWINS!!! bab22 bab22

HHH29

Reg: Mar 8th 2016

Tuesday, June 7th 2016, 11:21am

I'm really sorry Bambi. Hope you are doing ok and as you say the positive to take away is that you did manage to get pregnant. Thinking of you xxxx

HHH29

Tuesday, June 7th 2016, 11:28am

I'm wondering if anyone can help me. I have done one IVF cycle, it was the short flare protocol and it was a bit of a disaster from the start. The follicles didn't grow at a steady rate and although they collected 9 eggs, only 4 were mature 2 were damaged during the ICSI process and of the remaining 2 only 1 fertilised which ended up being poor quality and was not transferred. Talk about devastating!!

So fast forward a month and we're going for our follow up appointment next week where they have said they will move us to the long protocol with the hope that the follicles will grow at a steady rate and we get more mature eggs. I'm just wondering if anyone has been through anything similar? Or if you can share anything you did during long protocol to help with success? As I'm sure all of us feel, just desperate for it to work this time!

Thanks.

Children: 0 earth babies & 3 Angels, 1 failed fresh cycle of a double embryo transfer xxx

Tuesday, June 7th 2016, 4:05pm

Oh Bambi, I'm so so sorry for all that you have been through. The going back and fore for scans and bloods is heartbreaking. I've been there 3 times and it's totally draining. I hope the surgery went ok for you. They do need to check it is all out as I ended up retained tissue after a bungled mc surgery which had to be abandoned and had a massive infection for weeks afterwards. Big hugs to you and your OH at this difficult time. Take lots of time to recover and get well soon. xxxx

Positive Thoughts, how are you doing? I was thinking of you but didn't like to ask until I had seen you back on the page again. Hope you are ok too. Take care xxxx

Hi to everyone else and hope you are all doing ok?

Sorry HHH29 you have had such a rubbish cycle. My last cycle was a short flare protocol and started off good with us ending up with nothing. I read on another website that the short flare protocol can be used to produce extra eggs but can also reduce the quality so you have to way up with is better for you. we are now going down the donor egg route shortly instead. Good luck for the future xxxx

blowkiss

Tuesday, June 7th 2016, 11:44pm

Hi all.

Bambi - thinking of you. Hope you are physically okay after everything. Don't think the emotional side ever recovers, but it does get easier. I ended up with an infection after my miscarriage too and it wasn't nice. Big hugs to you x

HH - so sorry about your first cycle. I have only done short protocol but one of the girls I cycled with went on to do long protocol on her next cycle. If you look back through the posts, she had lots of great advice. Her name is Smihel and her long protocol was around Feb, March, April last year. It worked very well for her and her wee one arrived in January. Off the top of my head, she was very strict about food and chemicals, did osteopathy, high dose Co-Q10 and castor oil packs. I looked hard at egg quality before I cycled (I was 42) and remember that supplements etc. took 3 months to have any effect. Good luck x

Rodeogirl - when are you going for treatment? I got the phone call to say they had found me a donor but had to decline at the moment for health reasons. Exciting stuff though to get the call and I'm really glad I'm not injecting and worrying about my old eggs this time :)

Hello to everyone else x

Wednesday, June 8th 2016, 2:45pm

Hi Everyone

Catkins I get married on Sat then we head off to Thailand on honeymoon on Monday for 2.5 week. Unfortunately AF is due on the last few days so they want me to start taking my HRT tablets then for 2 weeks and email Hazel from holiday to say when day 1 is so she can arrange a scan on day 14 to check the thickness of my lining. I had issues with this being too thin in the past so for my own sanity we decided to do the trial first. If all is well they start looking for donors straight away. There are quite a few coming through the system in Aug so they will look at them first for a match and hopefully find someone. As we are going to Thailand we have to wait 30 days from when we return before they could do any transfers due to Zika virus being in the country in the last 9 months so we have to make sure we don't catch anything while we are away. it's such a horrible virus with such devastating consequences so waiting another few weeks wont matter. They are hoping to get started with treatment in August so that's not too far away. Sorry to hear about your health problems. Hope you recover soon and you can get started soon. I was so shocked not to use injections this time :-) I thought it would be like a FET with injections but just tablets and scans this time :-) Phew! Good luck when your times comes and let me know how you get on. It will be nice to chat to someone going through a donor cycle too! I know what you mean about bot having to worry about egg quality now. I'm going to start acupuncture again once I start treatment but avoiding all the vitamins etc I took last time. Sticking with us both on the male and female Pregacare conception tablets, me on aspirin and lots of healthy, organic good food and hoping for the best!

Good luck everyone else!

blowkiss

Wednesday, June 8th 2016, 9:27pm

Hi Rodeogirl,

Wishing you a wonderful wedding2 and a lovely honeymoon. Zika is a worry but everyone is so much more aware now. And you're right, a wee wait is worth it for piece of mind.
I should probably be cycling around August too - just need to get my thyroid under control again first. I did acupuncture the first time and it definitely helped a lot with pain after egg collection and transfer. Will be back once the summer hols start.
Have the best time over the next few weeks and keep in touch.

xxx

Tef28

Reg: Feb 21st 2016

Wednesday, June 8th 2016, 10:37pm

Hi everyone! Hope everyone is doing well. I had my egg collection today at Aberdeen. Transfer will be Saturday. Just wondering if anyone can tell me what will happen at that appointment? Do I have to be in early for checks or anything again like i was today or is it just a case of in and out. Do you need to wait around at all for any recovery time? Thanks for any info...total newbie!! Xxx

Thursday, June 9th 2016, 6:37am

Hey tef28, hope you are well after your EC, on the day of my transfer the lab that monitor the eggs called that morning to confirm everything + they let you know then what will happen, any questions etc..
We went in 15 mins prior to time with a full bladder + we waited in the normal waiting area no receptionist there being a Saturday but they will come down + get you, take you up to where you had your EC and it's a similar procedure, get changed + hair net on and they lead you through, there should be a nurse, doctor who will do the transfer via a catheter tube and a lab person, my ET was pretty straight forward, painless abit uncomfortable with the full bladder but they let us see the egg being transferred in was amazing to see, soon after they let you pee and get changed and you can go!
Wish u every success everything goes well and the 2ww goes in quick!xx

Hi everyone, just an update on me..
I'm doing fine, (well as fine as I think I'll ever be surrounded by pregnant friends) anyways, so far all is good after d+c and been in contact with Aberdeen + they say the follow up telephone appointment will be 6-8 weeks ( a lifetime away) I want my FET next period (so impatient)

Hope everyone is well + good luck rodeogirl on wedding, honeymoon + cycle xx
Thanks everyone that has been concerned + took the time to write, it is very much appreciated + helps along when times r hard. Xxx

bumblebee38

Megastar

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 7th 2008

Thursday, June 9th 2016, 11:35am

Bambi so sorry to read your news...glad to hear all went as expected & your recovering xx

Thursday, June 9th 2016, 12:38pm

My granny always said best to loved and loss than never love at all.. Guess it fits!

Thanks bumblebee xxx

Friday, June 10th 2016, 11:30pm

Hi Bambi85

I'm so sorry it didn't work out this time. I have my fingers crossed for your FET. You should contact the secretary regularly to see if there is a cancellation so you can have a follow up sooner. I managed to get one and saved us a month of waiting!! We decided to wait a few months until round 2 but it was just good to get some answers and put our minds at rest- the feeling of being stuck in limbo is a constant on this IVF journey!! I feel for you as i understand how you are feeling- everyone around me is pregnant at the moment and I keep asking why it couldn't be as easy for us and occasionally an angry why me?!!! can be lonely at times but I hope you're managing to keep in good spirits- good things come to those who wait. We will appreciate it that much more since we had to wait so long for something our hearts desire so much. I really hope everything works out for you and everyone else going through IVF.

Sending love

HHH29

Tuesday, June 14th 2016, 11:43am

Egg Quality

Hi everyone,

I was back at the clinic today for our follow up appointment and the feedback from the consultant was that my eggs were poor quality and not to expect too much from the next cycle. I am devastated about this news, I am only 30 years old and there is no history of early menopause in my family. Has anyone had similar feedback and what did you do? I am keen to know if anyone has had similar feedback and what changes people made to their lifestyle that may help me. I feel I'm still so young to give up on the possibility of having a baby of my own.

Thanks xxxx

Reg: Aug 7th 2014

Children: None

Tuesday, June 14th 2016, 12:35pm

hHH29,

I don't have any experience in this but just wanted to say thinking if you! Did they give you any more information to help you or was that all?

I am sure someone on here will be able to give you some advice!

Xx

Tuesday, June 14th 2016, 7:21pm

HH - I'm really sorry to read your update. Have you looked at the "It all starts with the egg" book? You probably have, but I can't think of anything else to help right now. If you have a google on the fertility friends forum there's lots of info on improving egg quality. Don't give up.
Big hugs x

HHH29

Wednesday, June 15th 2016, 12:25pm

I didn't get any more information. They said that egg quality is intrinsic from when you are a baby developing in your mother's womb so there is nothing I can do change that. I don't think that's can be accurate as many women older than me are given similar news and go on to have babies. As I've only had one cycle and I'm still young, it seems a bit harsh.

Thanks Catkins. I have read that book, I think there are similar ones I should get though and see what they recommend. No you're right I'm going to give up yet.

Appreciate your help.

Reg: Mar 29th 2016

Wednesday, June 15th 2016, 4:08pm

Well guys am 5 days away from being 12 weeks. I couldnt be happier my OH and I bought a fetal doppler and it's thw most amazing and heartwarming sound to listen to bump every day.

Bambi am so sorry about what happened. I've been neglecting this forum because I didn't want to say anything and make you feel worse. Please accept my condolences. And if it worked for me I have the highest of hopes for u my dear.

Thursday, June 16th 2016, 9:13am

Hh29

Hi HH29

I'm so sorry to hear that. Who did you have for your follow up. Could they tell as soon as your eggs were collected that they were poor quality or was it because you had poor embryos? There are so many ways to improve egg quality- organic full fat milk, preconception vitamin, Royal jelly supplement, ubiquinol. Don't give up xxxx

Thursday, June 16th 2016, 9:20am

I had really poor embryos so have been taking all the supplements under the sun and trying to eat a healthy, organic (where possible) diet and will see if this makes a difference as round 2 has just kicked off. I think my problem was down to dosage of drugs though- I barely made it to the 2nd monitoring scan before they were worried about overstimulation- maybe your drug dosage had a part to play too? Xxx

Thursday, June 16th 2016, 3:22pm

Purple rain please don't let what happened to me ruin ur happiness and chance to post amazing updates, I'm so happy for u and it's reassuring reading positive outcomes

Thank u for thinking of me

HHH29

Friday, June 17th 2016, 8:47am

Thanks Weemiracles. I'm definitely not ready to give up. I should start my next cycle around 7th July and going to be DR this time which we didn't do last time. They think the eggs were poor quality because we had low fertilisation and poor embryos. I'm going to look into the things you mentioned, I do already do some of them but can't hurt to add in the full fat milk or royal jelly.

Appreciate your support.

Monday, June 27th 2016, 7:44pm

Hi,
How's everyone doing? Hope you had a lovely weekend.
Well, this Thursday 30th I'm going in for my third transfer! Let's hope this will be my third time lucky... It would be so good to have good news for a change!
Wishing you all strength and patience. Don't we all need some??

Thursday, June 30th 2016, 10:28pm

Hi,
Was it just me or the site was down for a few days?
Well, I had my FET today! So enjoying being PUPO! : D
How's everyone else doing? X

Friday, July 1st 2016, 3:01pm

Congrats on being PUPO Sunflower. Have my fingers crossed that this is your time. x

Friday, July 1st 2016, 4:34pm

Enjoy being pupo sunflower!! Hope ur 2ww goes in quick!! Wish u all the luck in the world xxx

Think the site was down for a wee while then sometimes I think it's my internet!!

How long did u wait between cycles for this FET if u don't mind me asking? Xx

Friday, July 1st 2016, 5:11pm

Thanks!
My last FET was on the 4th of March and from the negative result on the 19th, my follow-up appointment was on the 28th of April, starting down regulated protocol straight away. So pretty quick, considering the first one had been back in November. I think it all has to do with how busy they are and available appointments to give out. Can't do more than to keep being patient about it all... How are you doing? X

Reg: Mar 29th 2016

Saturday, July 2nd 2016, 9:41pm

Congratulations sunflower! Enjoy being pupo.
I've attached a pic of my little miracle. 14 weeks tomorrow and I honestly cry everyday with how lucky we are for it working. And I really appreciate all the support from you guys.
purplerain has attached the following file:

Monday, July 4th 2016, 9:29am

Congratulations Purplerain! You have indeed been very lucky. I'm really happy for you. Enjoy the rest of your wee miracle's journey! :)

Monday, July 4th 2016, 4:30pm

By the way, does anyone know about 'collapsed' blastocysts before transfer? Does that make them less likely to implant? Thanks if anyone knows!

Tuesday, July 5th 2016, 1:08pm

Sunflower - sorry, I don't know anything about collapsed blastocysts. Hope you get your answer soon. Hope you're taking it easy and that the 2ww passes quickly for you. xfingers
Purplerain - lovely to see your scan pic. Wishing you a happy and healthy next few months x

miamiamo

Reg: Aug 9th 2015

Wednesday, July 6th 2016, 2:05pm

I have read that chromosomal aneuploidy might be the reason of implantaion failure (here ) but it seems there is no correlation between aneuploidy and 'collapsed' blastocysts

Thursday, July 7th 2016, 9:49am

Morning Ladies, back from honeymoon and ready to face another go or this crazy roundabout.

Hope you are all doing ok. Purplerain massive congratualtions to you, that's brilliant news, Bambi I'm so sorry it wasn't a better outcome after all you went through. Big hugs yto you and look after yourself. xxx

HHH29 I was told my eggs could be poor quality going by my maternity history but there is no real way to test for this sadly apart from seeing how well the cells divide after fertilization.I tried eveything under the sun from a year of accupuncture and everytime vitamin i read about and it helped slightly with my lining thickness and we got a good number of eggs fertilized but sadly none of them made it. It's a horrible situation to be told that and my heart goes out to you. We are now going to use a donor egg instead but I'm back to having doubts again about my lining. I asked to do a trial of the oestrogen before we started my cycle to see how thick we could get my lining. They said I would be find but I insisted so started my Prognova tablets on honeymoon and had a scan on Tues to measure my lining and to their shock, not mine, my lining was only 5.7mm and it should have been a minimum of 8 mm for any transfer to take place. They have now upped my dose of the tablets and I've got to go back for another scan next tuesday. If there is no difference then as Hazel says, it's back to the drawing board as they said an embryo won't implant in a thin lining. I've been going on about my lining for months so maybe now they are starting to listen and understand my concerns. Hazel also said a number of donors have pulled out for some reason and most of the Aug ones have brown eyes not blue eyes which we are looking for to look like us so we might now have to wait until October instead. I'm not sure why they didn't suggest September. My gut feeling at the moment isn't great about getting my lining to thicken up so I'm booked back in for acupuncture and back to using hot water bottles to increase the blood flow to the uterus twice a day and will dig out all the vitamins again and hope for the best! WIsh me luck!

xxx

blowkiss

Thursday, July 7th 2016, 8:42pm

Hi rodeogirl congrats on married life and good luck!

What a journey u have had and now for something like this that seems so minor can cause such complications I wish u all the luck from the bottom of my heart and I don't no how donor eggs work but I have blue eyes, healthy and if there is a way I would give u a dozen eggs!!

Thanks I'm doing fine now, I'm focusing on the positive part that we got a positive test and about to start FET cycle so just gotta keep trying and if this One fails I still have 2 frozen eggs which will get both get put in.

Does anyone know how long u roughly wait after a d&c for ur period? Xx

Friday, July 8th 2016, 9:17am

Morning ladies and thanks Bambi.

I was always worried about natural killer cells in the past until they discovered the lining issue last Sept and after Raigmore previously fobbed me off about it. I'm just hoping they can come up with a combination of meds to thicken it up enough now. I know I can get pregnant but now just need to find a way to make them stick! That's such a kind thing to offer and thank you so much. If I hd a £1 for everyone who has said the same recently. We will still use my hubby's sperm so at least if we do get lucky it will hopefully look a bit like him but at least if it had blue eyes like us both and same hair colour then the child wouldnt look too different to me.

I hope this helps but they told us each time after my mc's that if you can get pregnant once it sort of kicks starts your body into realising what it has to do next time and you can fall pregnant more easily. My first pregnancy took us 22 months of trying but then the next 2, I fell pregnant 1st month of trying with each after leaving it a 3 month break to allow my body to recover from the mc surgery. It's something to do with hormone levels still being high from the previous pregnancy. I've got everything crossed for you for next time. I got my period 28 days after the surgery which was unusual for me as my cycle was so irregular before and it was short and light but the one after that was 23 days from memory and really heavy. Sorry for TMI. EPU said this was normal as the first bleed isn't always a true bleed and the hormones are still trying to regulate themselves. Sending lots of hugs your way

blowkiss

AnnaVr86

Reg: Jul 7th 2016

Friday, July 8th 2016, 9:42am

Hi everyone! I am a new member and new in all this IVF story. We just had our first appointment for IVF and everything seems fine for now. I am about to start at the end of August due to us going on holidays. What I wanted to say, reading a lot of posts from the girls here is that I admire all of you for being that strong after a failed IVF or miscarriage or in general when something goes wrong! It is a very stressful situation. I really don't know how you do it. For myself I was saying that if anything goes wrong I would consider adoption than putting myself in this situation again. But after reading your posts, I think that I will continue trying until the doctor says otherwise. You are all an inspiration :) I hope everything goes well for all of you ^^

Friday, July 8th 2016, 2:11pm

Welcome Anna to the Aberdeen page. Good luck for when you start your cycle in Aug. Feel free to ask us anything and I'm sure we will try to give you an answer and lots of support. Enjoy your holiday first though and come back feeling refreshed and raring to go!

xxx

blowkiss

11 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

11 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE