You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Jan 28th 2016

Children: 0

Tuesday, April 26th 2016, 9:09am

It certainly does hello!! I took another test and BFP too!! : D : D : D : D
Seven transfers later..

Baby bambi due December 7th baby2

Tea

Reg: Apr 11th 2016

Tuesday, April 26th 2016, 1:01pm

Hi Ladies
Congratulations on your BFP Bambi. I hope you are surviving the 2ww purple rain. And i hope everyone else is doing well.

I am at 10dp5dt and on the verge of testing but scared to see a negative. MY OTD is not for another 5 days, is 20 days out from retrieval the usual test day given at Aberdeen? it seems a long time. Also how long have people found the 2x cyclogest have delayed their period by? Any help appreciated

Tea

Reg: Apr 11th 2016

Tuesday, April 26th 2016, 1:12pm

also.. Catkins, i hope you find a donor quickly.

Blondie - sorry i can't offer any advice on your specific situation, but i would second that the staff at the clinic are extremely helpful and will put you at ease if you are nervous about treatment

Reg: Feb 16th 2014

Tuesday, April 26th 2016, 8:35pm

Bambi - sounding good! : D I think the hard thing now is to try not to test every few hours to OTD. Is it sinking in yet?

Tea - thank you! Here's hoping a donor comes along soon. I know that 15 days past transfer is normal OTD at Aberdeen (though most people I've known are 3dt). For some strange reason I was 14 days past transfer. I can't help on the cyclogest question, sorry. Someone here will know the answer though, I'm sure.

Purplerain - hope all going well.

Sunflower - good luck for your follow-up appointment.

Blondie - hello! I can't help on Clomid but the clinic are great at answering questions. Wishing you very good luck.
ICSI #1: BFP, heartbeat seen at 7 & 8 weeks, miscarriage at 9 + 6 weeks

Wednesday, April 27th 2016, 4:00pm

Well today I feel like I have been hit by a bus, don't no if I'm getting a bug or is it pregnancy symptoms!

I've done four tests (so bad) all positive so I'm content now and will test again on my OTD on Sunday and contact clinic on Monday!

Do we get a scan at 7 weeks gestation? I'll feel more at ease and happier when I see this is real :)

Tea I'm 11dpt and got a positive from 9dpt, 5 days is along time I couldn't wait, good luck fingers and toes crossed for u when u do test xx
Seven transfers later..

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Bambi85" (Apr 27th 2016, 4:01pm)

Wednesday, April 27th 2016, 4:58pm

Exciting times, Bambi! When you phone the clinic on your OTD, they'll organise the next scan for you (seven weeks). If you're highland based, you can have the scan at Raigmore or you can request AFC, whatever you're most comfortable with. Warning...I found the wait to the 7 week scan worse than the 2WW.

Hope you feel better soon. Probably a mixture of symptoms, and relief. Take care of yourself and get lots of rest.

x

Thursday, April 28th 2016, 10:16pm

Exciting and scary times!! :)

I was at a course today at Raigmore with my work and had to sit down in the middle of a group exercise as I nearly passed out, this has def gotta be a good sign and symptom right? Embarrassed much!!!

Thanks catkins, I think I'd prefer to stick with Aberdeen and I'll need to get more suppositories : D But that's good news I will a date?! We haven't told anyone except my close friend we r waiting to see the wee miracle xx
Seven transfers later..

Reg: Mar 29th 2016

Friday, April 29th 2016, 7:59am

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!
BFP!!!!
I am crying my eyes out with happiness can't believe the 2ww is over and I am actually pregnant.
Thank you everyone for the good luck and good wishes. It helps so much having this extra support.

Bambi over these last 4 days I thought I had a bug also but must just be symptoms.
X

bumblebee38

Megastar

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 7th 2008

Friday, April 29th 2016, 11:03am

:congrats:

Friday, April 29th 2016, 3:19pm

Wow!! Amazing news purple rain!!!!

Congratulations!!!!!!!!! :) :)

U will have a new year baby?? Xxx
Seven transfers later..

Saturday, April 30th 2016, 10:18am

Purplerain, starsmile Congratulations! Fabby news xxx
Hope everyone has a lovely weekend. Nice to see the sun shining after all the snow!

xxx

Reg: Apr 24th 2016

Saturday, April 30th 2016, 9:15pm

Congratulations on your BFP ladies

Reg: Oct 25th 2015

Saturday, April 30th 2016, 9:22pm

Congratulations Purplerain! Great news!!
So great to have successful stories for a change... Gives hope to the rest of us!
How's everyone else doing?
Appointment on Thursday went well. I'll be starting Burserelin again on 16th of May. So the journey begins once more! The doctor said that my good response to treatment puts me in the top 5%, which is nice to hear and encouraging. However, it doesn't help at all when, if everything is so good, why isn't it working?
I think this is all hitting me now. Last time I felt very positive about it all and was so certain that it would work. This time, there is a shadow at the back of my mind making me think 'it's not going to work again'. Or perhaps I should shake these thoughts from my mind and just go for the more positive idea of 'third time lucky!' I don't know... A lot of mixed feelings at the moment; not feeling my usual self, I have to say!
Hope you're all having a lovely weekend. Xx
ICSI 1, Nov 2015: :BFN:
FET 1, March 2016: :BFN:
FET 2, June 2016: : :BFN:
ICSI 2, Nov 2016: :BFN:
FET 3, May 2017, :BFP: IT'S TWINS!!! bab22 bab22

Saturday, April 30th 2016, 9:26pm

3rd time I have typed this!!!
I haven't had periods in 3 years since I stopped the pill
Cons at raigmore said clomid won't work for me, she started me on tbs to start a period but it didn't work.
I read on the fertility clinic website that they may start you on meds if you haven't had periods for a while and I'm worried they will retry me on the ones I've already had and waste 3 months, if u get my drift.
Didn't know I could claim expenses, bonus :)

Saturday, April 30th 2016, 9:38pm

Sunflower77 I find it had to imagine how u feel...... I've not even started treatment yet and I'm already panicking that nothing will work for me. I also have days where I'm not myself and feel down :-(
Be positive and go with third time lucky! At the end of the day it wouldn't be such a well known saying if it wasn't true :)
Hugs xxx

Friday, May 6th 2016, 4:34pm

I got a bleed today. I'm very upset and nervous but doesn't mean it's all over yet. Anyone else had a bleed 5 weeks pregnant and still had a healthy baby?

Very worried x

Friday, May 6th 2016, 5:53pm

Purplerain - I hope you are okay. My friend had a huge bleed at 6 weeks and went on to have a strapping baby boy. From what I've read, bleeding is common and doesn't necessarily mean the worst. Have you gone to your EPU?

Big hugs x

Friday, May 6th 2016, 6:59pm

No I called the clinic this morning and they said if it persists to take another test in a few days. But other than that just to wait for my scan at 7 weeks. Xx

Friday, May 6th 2016, 9:55pm

Purplerain - I'm hoping bleeding has stopped? You must be so worried and the thought of more waiting must be awful. Going to keep everything crossed for you that all is well. x

Sunday, May 8th 2016, 2:51pm

Hope all goes well for u purplerain, the bleeding can be completely normal but it's had not to worry or stress,
Look forward to reading ur happy news when u have ur scan, positive thoughts xxx
Seven transfers later..

Reg: Sep 1st 2015

Sunday, May 8th 2016, 9:31pm

D12 p5dt

Hi all
I have been very quiet since my chemical pregnancy at the end of August. It took a few months to get my head round things.

congratulations to Bambi and purple rain on your bfp's. i do pop in to see how everyone is going.

Sunday, May 8th 2016, 9:46pm

5w3d

Hi all
I have been very quiet since my chemical pregnancy at the end of August. It took a few months to get my head round things.

congratulations to Bambi and purple rain on your bfp's. i do pop in to see how everyone is going.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Butterfly78" (May 8th 2016, 9:49pm) with the following reason: Not saving or editing what I've posted

Sunday, May 8th 2016, 9:51pm

I hate this website I keep editing my post and it doesn't save what I have written!
Hi all

congratulations to Bambi and purple rain on your bfp's. i do pop in to see how everyone is going.Hi all

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Butterfly78" (May 8th 2016, 9:54pm)

Sunday, May 8th 2016, 9:59pm

Hi all

:congrats: to Bambi and purple rain on your bfp's. i do pop in to see how everyone is going.

Sunday, May 8th 2016, 10:18pm

Thank u butterfly78

Hope ur doing much better, r u planning another cycle?
Seven transfers later..

Sunday, May 8th 2016, 10:23pm

5 weeks and 3 days

I am going to try one last time...
So... I had a frozen blasto transfer on 19th April and I got my BFP on 04 May 16. My lines were very strong on test day! All was fine up until last night.

Last night at 5w and 3 days I also had a bleed - Purplerain - which started at bout 10 pm ish I got my husband to phone the on call consultant as I had passed 3 clots and I was scared - he asked if I was having pain - which I wasn't and then asked how much blood which sorry to be graphic - was dripping - He said the clots may have been due to blood pooling in my vagina and that it was common to bleed in early pregnancy and that if the bleeding got any worse than a normal period bleed or became painful to contact him again. He also suggested that I just take it easy today - but not bedrest. This morning I phoned Rubislaw ward and spoke to a nurse and explained the situation - she spoke to a midwife and didn't seem overly worried and said if I felt pain or if the bleeding worsened to call them back. I asked if I should take a pregnancy test and she said that she didn't think it was necessary and to just go to my 7 week scan on 19th May. My bleeding slowed at about lunch time and is now old blood when I wipe. - I felt that speaking to health professional really helped me and I hope it does reassure you too purple rain xx

Sunday, May 8th 2016, 10:46pm

Oh wow! What an ordeal hope ur feeling ok,, I have my scan on May 18th I'm one day ahead of u butterfly!

I hope and pray all will be ok, fingers crossed xx
Seven transfers later..

Monday, May 9th 2016, 7:58am

Thank you Bambi- I think I will be worried until my scan! Good luck for yours

Monday, May 9th 2016, 8:07pm

Thank u, it's not long to go it will soon fly in, will u test in a few days to see or just wait? Xx
Seven transfers later..

Monday, May 9th 2016, 8:19pm

5 weeks and 5 days

Hi Bambi - I tested this morning and the lines were still dark - although that may have been residual from last week. All I can do is wait really. I don't think I could have done anything differently as I was really careful ! I took today off work to be on the safe side but I think I will go back tomorrow. I think it is best to keep busy to keep your mind off things. I thin if I start bleeding again I will go off again though. I hope all is good with you. I am also on an IVF support UK group on facebook and hey are really supportive :) - there is a group for when you are pregnant too :)

Sunday, May 15th 2016, 9:45pm

Sorry for late reply I've been either working loads or sleeping!!

Hope ur feeling ok and not long to go now,

I did think about joining some Facebook groups but I wanted to keep the whole I've journey quite private and wasn't sure of who would see I was a member
Seven transfers later..

Monday, May 16th 2016, 6:01pm

Good luck to everyone with scans this week. Hope that all is going well with you all and that exciting times are ahead : D

I'm heading to Aberdeen on Friday for a trial embryo transfer. Trying to stay relaxed about it but memories of the last one keep popping into my head. Hoping it's all over in a flash and that last time was an anomaly xfingers

Hello to everyone else.

x

Tuesday, May 17th 2016, 8:59am

Thank you catkins :) I have an appointment with my the midwife at my local hospital today and scan tomoro in Aberdeen, it still doesn't feel real once I see a wee heart beating on the screen I think it will sink it!!

Good luck for Friday and I'm sure everything will run smoothly, every time will be different and stay positive!!! Xx
Seven transfers later..

Tuesday, May 17th 2016, 7:57pm

Thanks, Bambi. I will try to stay positive! I am taking maximum painkillers before and will have my hot water bottle for after. And I am glad I'm having a trial this time to sort out the difficulties before the main event.
Tomorrow will be an amazing day for you - such a wonderful feeling to see a heartbeat. Have the best day. x

Tuesday, May 17th 2016, 8:10pm

Oh wow that is amazing they are doin a trial I just clicked and realised what u meant, did u find the transfer last time painful? I found the collection hard to go thru but with the transfer it was mainly that I needed to pee real bad!!

Thank u very much will be in touch hopefully with good news xxx
Seven transfers later..

Wednesday, May 18th 2016, 4:35pm

Well today has been one of the worst days of my life!

Scan showed an empty sac measuring 6wks I should have been 7wks today,, I have no words completely broken, I thought I was being level headed about it all but no I let my imagination run away with what ifs and the dreams started and now my world has came crashing down, now I have the 5 hour drive home to my bed where I am never leaving!

Good luck again catkins for tomoro in praying for the best news for u xxx
Seven transfers later..

bumblebee38

Megastar

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 7th 2008

Wednesday, May 18th 2016, 5:21pm

Oh bambi....I'm so sorry. Sending you some blowkiss :hugs: Xxx

Wednesday, May 18th 2016, 6:05pm

Bambi- sorry to hear about your scan. Are you getting another scan next week- to see if it has caught up?
I have my scan tomorrow. I have bled more from last Wed until today so am not holding out much hope but it will be good to have a scan to find out what is going on. Thinking of you. ps the FB group is a closed group, so only members can read your posts and any comments you post can't be seen by anyone but members of the group.

Wednesday, May 18th 2016, 6:10pm

Sorry haven't been on for ages.

Bambi I am so sorry to hear that sweety. U must be devistated.

Now I feel a bit bad in sayin that the blood I had turned out to be nothing but a show and I got my 7 week scan Monday just passed and saw my little angels heart beating. One of the most heartwarming feelings in the world.

Once again am really sorry things didn't go better for u Bambi xxx

Wednesday, May 18th 2016, 6:28pm

Purplerain - congratulations! I am glad everything turned out okay. Wishing you the very best for a happy and healthy pregnancy x

Bambi - I am so, so sorry. This journey can be so cruel. I do know how you feel and that there are no words to help at the moment. Just take one day at a time and let your feelings out. Very much thinking of you. [zx127]

Wednesday, May 18th 2016, 6:30pm

Butterfly - I really hope tomorrow brings you good news. x

Wednesday, May 18th 2016, 9:39pm

I am getting a scan in a week, I stupidly googled all this and could they be wrong or the baby be hiding?? Maybe I implanted later.. This is torture.. I'm going to phone in the morning, I have a scan pic and the sac doesn't look empty it doesn't look like what it should at 7 weeks but maybe there wrong, the sac measured at 6 weeks 1 day could be baby be a bit slower on developing? I'm so confused.. I read this has happened to people and a week later they have a baby measuring right on time.. Or am I giving myself false hope think I need to sleep
Seven transfers later..

Thursday, May 19th 2016, 12:01am

Bambi - I hope you can get some rest. There are lots of happy endings - I think I googled them all when I measured behind at 7 weeks. I really hope that next week's scan brings better news. I totally understand the torture - for me being stuck in limbo was the worst. Hopefully the clinic can talk it over with you, now you've had time to absorb the news xxx

Thursday, May 19th 2016, 9:25am

I spoke with a nurse and she was adamant that everything I said was wrong, I no I'm measured 6 days behind and she stated that because of ivf the date should be exact but various internet sites state there is a 5 day wiggle room for implantation and the baby could be a slow developer, there is definitely something in the sac on my picture I am sure.. I feel worse now I think I am going to make myself ill I can't get this out of my head xx
Seven transfers later..

HHH29

Reg: Mar 8th 2016

Thursday, May 19th 2016, 2:44pm

Bambi I'm so sorry to hear your news. Try not to get yourself worked up (I know that's easy for me to say!), you won't know anymore until next week and you don't want to make yourself ill. My friend at work was told at 6+2 that her hcg levels weren't high enough for the pregnancy to be viable - naturally she was devastated but she managed to maintain the pregnancy and just had her 20 week scan with everything looking fine. I don't want to give you false hope but you just never know what can happen. Sending you love.

Thursday, May 19th 2016, 5:02pm

Thanks for the reply hhh29 that's the kind of stories I read on forums on the internet I tried to explain that but I guess they don't want to give false hope either. All the best to ur friend :)

I'm coming more to terms with it now and I have to look at the positives the amount of hurdles we overcame to come to 6weeks we didn't even think they would fertilise overnight never mind actually getting pregnant, we do have 3 frozen blastocysts which I am ever so grateful r there as that is what is pulling me through this..

When I use my frozen babas is that classed still as the same ivf cycle? And I'm only 31 do u think they would allow 2 to be put in as its my second attempt?
Seven transfers later..

Reg: Feb 28th 2016

Thursday, May 19th 2016, 5:57pm

Hi bambi
Your cycle includes the transfer of any frozen embryos or blasts you may have :) a small blessing with what you're going through right now. I'm so sorry to hear your news. Stay positive. Sending love xx

Reg: Feb 28th 2016

Thursday, May 19th 2016, 6:00pm

Meant to also say- they'll make You sign a disclaimer but it is your choice to have one or 2 transferred. They just try to discourage 2 xx

Friday, May 20th 2016, 3:39pm

Thank u weemiracles xx

My friend advised me to go for a private scan at Raigmore today and they identified a yolk sac and a fetal pole of 1mm... I am so confused now! As Aberdeen were positive it was empty and said repeatedly to me ur baby died at 6weeks1day!

My sac measured 13.1mm today and 12.5mm in Wednesday so def some growth, the lead midwife at Raigmore said it looks like a normal early pregnancy but not getting no hopes up I just hope by next Wednesday when I should be 8 weeks I see a heartbeat I hoping it's just a slow developer.

Fingers toes and any that crosses crossed xx
Seven transfers later..

Reg: Oct 25th 2015

Saturday, May 21st 2016, 9:50am

Hi,
Sorry I haven't been here for ages, but really busy at work and no time to check in! Back on burserelin again for down regulated cycle and blood test on 2nd of June. Here we go again on this journey, just going for it but really having very mixed feelings about it all: expecting it to fail for the 3rd time or trying very hard to convince myself that it could be '3rd time lucky' and that I need to stay positive. I prefer not to think much about it for now....

Bambi, so sorry to read what has been happening to you! I can only imagine what an ordeal this must be for you. I think looking up things online can sometimes make things worse. Either it leaves you more worried or it gives you false hope because there has been a rare case, where things turned out ok, and we cling to the hope that it will be the same for us. Obviously the waiting to get some answers is the worse torture.... After your private scan, I have everything crossed for you that it will all end up with a positive result and your pregnancy will continue to go well. It's such a worry! I hear bleeding in early pregnancy is quite common, but obviously an alarming thought that something is wrong.... there are so many things that can go wrong through pregnancy from the beginnings to birth itself, that no wonder it's called the miracle of life!
Best of wishes and positive thoughts going out to you. Xx
ICSI 1, Nov 2015: :BFN:
FET 1, March 2016: :BFN:
FET 2, June 2016: : :BFN:
ICSI 2, Nov 2016: :BFN:
FET 3, May 2017, :BFP: IT'S TWINS!!! bab22 bab22

15 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

15 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE