You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Oct 25th 2015

Saturday, January 30th 2016, 6:19pm

Great to hear, Rodeogirl. Now take it easy during your 2WW. Keeping busy makes time go quicker though! How come they decided to implant 2? I always get the impression through info they give you they're very much against implanting more than one. But I guess every case is different.

One step at a time Butterfly. The more you stress the worse for you and the whole process. Bosses might find this sort of thing inconvenient, but surely they have to accommodate people who need treatment of any sort. What when people get cancer or need an operation? Because IVF isn't a life threatening condition, you shouldn't feel guilty about time off. This is your moment and you should make yourself a priority.
ICSI 1, Nov 2015: :BFN:
FET 1, March 2016: :BFN:
FET 2, June 2016: : :BFN:
ICSI 2, Nov 2016: :BFN:
FET 3, May 2017, :BFP: IT'S TWINS!!! bab22 bab22

Reg: Aug 29th 2015

Children: 0 earth babies & 3 Angels, 1 failed fresh cycle of a double embryo transfer xxx

Sunday, January 31st 2016, 11:45am

Thanks Hello. Exhausted today so chilling in front of the TV and enjoying being PUPO! It's a lovely feeling!

Gave a great day everyone and stay safe in the snow!

Xxx
:xxx3:

blowkiss

Reg: Jan 22nd 2016

Children: None

Sunday, January 31st 2016, 4:35pm

Thanks sunflower, yep I need to remember to put me first!!

Rodeogirl glad to hear you are resting up, I was interested to hear about this glue stuff too, always learning! I wondered the same as sunflower about transferring 2? All the info I got too also seems to suggest they only transfer 1?
"Walk where there is no path and instead leave a trail" [zx145]

Children: 0 earth babies & 3 Angels, 1 failed fresh cycle of a double embryo transfer xxx

Sunday, January 31st 2016, 7:32pm

Sunflower from what I understand the implant 2 if you are over 38 or if you have had a poor response in the past. My last 3 mmc's were issues with implantation around 6 weeks so they felt they glue would help with this but also give me a better chance in case 1 didn't take. I'm I also only getting 1 cycle on the NHS as I'm over 40. Just got to keep everything crossed now. I think they look at each case on an individual basis but they did say they would implant 1 if I would prefer.

Butterfly I totally agree with Sunflower, you look after yourself and do what's right for you. You want to minimise as much stress as possible when going through this. I'm sure it will all work out though and they are not allowed to discriminate against pregnant ladies either! Take care xxx

blowkiss

Hope30

Reg: Jan 4th 2016

Tuesday, February 2nd 2016, 10:16pm

Hi everyone! Sorry I haven't been writing back. Been keeping myself busy waiting for my FET this week. I've started with a cold so am a bit worried that they'll not do the FET (am I being stupid to worry). Does anyone have any info about this?

Wednesday, February 3rd 2016, 9:02am

Hi Hope30, I'm not sure about colds but I developed a cough on the morning of my transfer and they still went ahead. She said as long as I could stay still, not to cough or sneeze while they were implanting the eggs so the straw wouldn't get squeezed I should be fine. Give them a call and ask for advice. I'm sure they won't think you are silly. Good luck xx

blowkiss

Reg: Aug 7th 2014

Wednesday, February 3rd 2016, 9:16am

I would agree give them a phone and discuss it with the nurses I am sure they have this often! But good luck though! How are you rodeogirl? Xxx

Wednesday, February 3rd 2016, 9:31am

I'm good thank Hello. The bloating and bad cramping I had for the first few days have gone now and just get the odd wee niggle now. Hopefully they will have hatched out the embryo about now and are busy burrowing in! :)

Hope everyone else is good ? Xxx

blowkiss

Hope30

Reg: Jan 4th 2016

Wednesday, February 3rd 2016, 9:44am

Thanks girls! I'm feeling better today so I haven't phoned them. Im sure it'll be fine. Good luck Rodeogirl! How are you coping with the 2ww?

Wednesday, February 3rd 2016, 10:08am

Glad you are feeling a bit better today Hope30. We worry about everything when gong through our cycles!

2WW isn't too bad at the moment. I was a bit down when they phoned in Mon to say none had made it to blastocyte and for freezing and had a bit of a wobble about the 2 they implanted but she said these 2 were much better quality than the others so I'm trying to stay positive now. It's crazy as I panic when I've got symptoms then worried when they weren't as bad. It's early days and too early to symptom check yet and I know what progesterone can do too. Roll on the 14th and hope it all be an extra special Valentine's Day this year!

blowkiss

Wednesday, February 3rd 2016, 9:22pm

Sorry to hear your left over embryos didn't make it to blastocysts... I understand how you feel! Let's hope the implanted ones will make it and that you have better luck than me. I kept thinking about symptoms myself during the 2WW, but then I stopped thinking about it, because most people conceiving naturally don't know at that stage that they're pregnant, since they don't feel any different. So, no point in worrying about it until test day. On the 14th?? Wow, that will be some Valentine's Day!!

I'm still on Burserelin. The 9th is getting closer... I can't wait until Tuesday for that blood test (can't believe I'm saying this, HA!), so I finally find out what my next step will be... No idea what the timescale will be after that day for FET. Anyone has any idea about that? It's just that February is a really busy/stressful month for me at work and that's not going to help me with the "take it easy, avoid stress" approach I'd like to take while all this is happening... Anyway, we'll see how it all goes. Xxx

Thursday, February 4th 2016, 7:49pm

Thanks Sunflower. Trying not to focus too much on my poor embies that didn't make it and trying to stay strong for the 2 I have left. Been feeling rough today with a splitting headache all day then noticed I'm sore over my right ovary area when I touch that side. Not sure why that's happened now or maybe I've not been drinking enough today. Now sitting drinking lots of water tonight to see if it settles down again.

Not long now until the 9th. So his does a frozen cycle differ to a fresh cycle? Is it just Burserelin injections you take thus time? Good luck and I'm sure you will be able to make it work around work. This is so important for you both. Let us know how you get on. Good luck!

blowkiss

Thursday, February 4th 2016, 9:56pm

Yes, on Burserelin until Tuesday when I will hopefully find out if I need to take oestrogen tablets or whatever else needs to happen to get lining of uterus ready. Definitely not the same upheaval inside as prior to EC! Perhaps that's why my body had enough of it and didn't know what to do with the embryo.
Anyway, take it easy and try not worry about anything until test day. Xx

Sunday, February 7th 2016, 10:23pm

Good luck on Tuesday and hope all goes well. Eat roughly 5 Brazil nuts a day and that helps to thicken up your lining naturally! I'm glad this FET is making you feel a bit better than before. I'll keep everything crossed for you this time.

I've glad a nice relaxing weekend, I'm going back to work tomorrow to see how I get own sitting all day. I'm still getting sine cramping and every few days my ovaries are really sore to touch so in not sure what's going in there. I'm not stressing too much though about it all.

Has anyone had a flare up of really bad spots, almost acne like? I'm guessing it's hormonal but my face looks a right mess. I've been using sudocream as id read that can help but it's making no difference at all. Any suggestions on what I can do? It's just appeared since egg collection xxx

blowkiss

Sunday, February 7th 2016, 10:52pm

Hi rodeogirl,

My skin was awful and really sore with spots/ acne mine started right after egg collection I think it's the progesterone that does it! I tried so much to dry it up but had no luck. My hair also was very greasy/ oily.

Good luck for going back to work! :)

One week down another to go am I right? :) xxx

Monday, February 8th 2016, 1:12pm

Thanks Hello. Hope you are keeping well?

I look like a really spotty teenager! Lol. They are so red and angry . Thank goodness for makeup to cover them up a wee bit! Lol. That's comforting to know it's not just me!

One more week before I test on Valentine's Day. At least work is distracting me a wee bit.im a bit tender sitting but trying to make sure I get up and move about too.

Xxx

blowkiss

Reg: May 16th 2014

Monday, February 8th 2016, 7:14pm

Hi all, long time no speak. Been awol giving myself some head space.
On mobile so apologies for the short message!!
Bumblebee- so sorry your last cycle didn't work. It was the first thing i looked for when I logged back in as I was really hoping this would really be your time. What's the next move for you? x
Rodeogirl- such exciting times for you! Hope it's an extra special Valentine's Day!! In response to your spot query, I was lucky and didn't get any spots but I often recommend to my patients something as simple as a good quality aloe vera gel applied at night as it takes the redness out of a spot very quickly and takes the swelling down. x
Sunflower- hope your appointment goes well tomorrow! how are you feeling about going through it again? x
Hello- what stage are you at now? It must be getting so very real now....very exciting!! x
Hi to all the new ladies- fingers crossed for lots of BFPs for you :) x
As for me, I just had another frozen transfer today. I was on oestrogen tablets for 19 days and the progesterone suppositories for the last 7. That's now my 5th transfer with my 6th and 7th blasts transferred. Not getting my hopes up too much with no real previous success but also trying to stay cautiously positive. I asked for the embryo glue and a double blast transfer without any opposition from the lovely embryologist. I guess my (older) age and previous poor success rate worked in my favour! Test date 23rd Feb but will test a day later as typical I am away with work that day!! Really going to try and not test early :S

Monday, February 8th 2016, 7:45pm

Great to hear from you PositiveThoughts and great news about your FET. Fingers crossed for you this time and here's hoping the glue works for both of us. Have you tried the glue before? Good luck for the 23rd and will keep everything crossed for you. Take care and look after yourself. Thanks for the tip about Aloe Vera too. I'll get some and try that tomorrow. Here's hoping it helps a wee bit!

Sunflower good luck at your appt tomorrow hope it goes well.

Hope everyone else is all ok too?

blowkiss

Monday, February 8th 2016, 9:04pm

Hi Rodeogirl- no haven't ever had the glue before and never even had it offered to me. As soon as I mentioned it the embryologist said that yes I would be a prime candidate for it and that it showed good success. Wish I had been offered it earlier!! The best place to buy good quality aloe vera is Holland and Barrett xx

Monday, February 8th 2016, 9:18pm

I had only heard about it on another forum so asked and the female Embryologist said she said no they don't use it but then it was a different embryologist on last Sat and he said they were going to use it on me. Maybe she mentioned I had asked about it so they changed their minds. Fingers crossed it works for us both :goodluck:

Thanks, spoke to mum and she said she will have a look for it tomorrow for me. I've got an aloe Vera plant in the house. I wonder if that would work tonight? I might try dabbing a wee bit on and see what happens

blowkiss

bumblebee38

Megastar

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 7th 2008

Monday, February 8th 2016, 11:02pm

Hi ladies

Rodeogirl - wishing you lots of luck, I'm defo routing for you & an extra special Valentine's Day xx

Positivethoughts - lovely to hear from you...wonderful news on your recent cycle xfingers

:hi: to everyone else....Hello...Sunflower...sorry can't see further back to name everyone xx

AFM nothing happening here. We did book an appt with Gennet in Prague but after serious talks with DF we cancelled. DF feels we need to wait to get our finances sorted out & plan from there. So maybe think about it the end of the year, beginning of next. Also tho, with concerns about the snakes he has, we have someone coming from Adoption services to see if they would be an issue, if we ever went down the route of adoption. I just want it clear in my head what they would say...

Xxx

Tuesday, February 9th 2016, 6:55pm

Thanks Bumblebee. Here's hoping its one we won't forget and for a good reason!

That's a shame you had to cancel but totally understand why. Here's hoping the time flies in for you and you can get booked in again soon. I was reading on another forum and your clinic was mentioned with having good results so fingers crossed it works for you too! That's good you are keeping you options open though with looking into adoption too and they are coming to discuss things with you before you ago down the formal route. Agh snakes though, I would be terrified lol good luck and hope the meeting goes well for you xxx

blowkiss

Tuesday, February 9th 2016, 9:50pm

Hi everyone!
Thank you all for your good wishes. I had appointment today and unfortunately my oestrogen levels were actually quite high, so I need to continue with Burserelin injections and go back for another blood test next week... (sigh!) Never mind, will keep on going and hopefully next week it'll be a better result!

Not long now Rodeogirl! I guess you're getting more excited now! Roll on the weekend. I have everything crossed for you.

Positive Thoughts, good to hear from you again and best of luck with your last transfer. Hopefully this one will be the one! Although I would probably be like you, not getting my hopes up just in case. So does it mean you still have a couple of embryos left? Do you know if what the say '2 free NHS funded attempts' means the whole process of EC plus the ET as whole cycle, or every time they transfer one, like FET it counts as a go too? No one has clarified that part for me yet...

Bumblebee, just keep strong and positive. Time will pass quicker if you don't obsess about it. But yes, easier said than done!

Take care everyone! Xx

Tuesday, February 9th 2016, 10:01pm

Hi everyone

Tuesday, February 9th 2016, 10:02pm

Why does it keep chopping my messages!

Tuesday, February 9th 2016, 10:14pm

Sunflower, yes two free cycles is two fresh cycles and all the frozen ones transferred that are generated from the fresh cycle. Yes I have 2 blasts left x
Hi to everyone else. Apologies for lack of personals but just in from work after a hellish day. Overnight I have managed to develop a very large cyst on my right breast- saw a gp who said it measured 9cm diameter. It has just come out of nowhere quite suddenly. Arghh IVF.....I hope that at the end of this treatment I am not just left with the after effects of too many hormones and nothing else!! At recent count that now includes 2 fibroids and 3 breast cysts!! Anyone else's bodies not playing nice?? :-( :-( xx

Wednesday, February 10th 2016, 10:11am

Morning Everyone

Suflower77 that's a shame about you oestrogen levels being too high. Fingers crossed they reach the right levels by next week. Good luck carrying on with the injections for now and will keep everything crossed you get to try again soon.

From what I understood you got FET free as part of a fresh cycle. The reason for asking them this was I had originally asked that if I had managed to freeze some, would I pay to use the frozen embryos and they said this was included as part of the fresh cycle. Due to my age I only got one cycle on the NHS so if we are not successful this time, and wanted to try again, we would have to pay for it. My head is a bit of a mixed bag at the moment. Some days I feel positive and other days I'm convinced it hasn't worked. This 2 WW is a total head wreck now as it gets closer to the weekend!

Positive Thoughts, what a nightmare you have been through. I didn't realise that the IVF drugs could cause these things! You've got me sitting at my desk now casually trying to have a boob feel under my cardigan! . Just as well the office is quiet today or I might be getting some strange looks! lol. I seriously hope you are ok and they can treat it. Take care and look after yourself.

Right better go and do some work now. After being off for 2.5 weeks I've got loads to do!

Take care everyone

blowkiss

Saturday, February 13th 2016, 9:24am

Rodeogirl, just popped in to wish you good luck for tomorrow! Will be keeping everything crossed that you get a BFP and start a wee positive run of results for the rest of us!!! :goodluck: :angel2:

Saturday, February 13th 2016, 10:18am

Thanks PositiveThoughts. Good luck for you too xxxxx

blowkiss

Sunday, February 14th 2016, 12:16am

Thinking of you Rodeogirl. Good luck tomorrow! I have everything crossed for you.xx

Sunday, February 14th 2016, 9:13am

Morning ladies. Well took the test a few hours ago and sadly it was negative. I just feel numb at the moment and can't even cry but my gut instinct over the last few days was that symptoms were disappearing and this might be the case. I'll phone the clinic later and leave a message for them. I'm guessing I just stop taking the progesterone now and I'll get a bleed in a few days? Not sure what our options are now as we only got 1 go on the NHS. We are happy to pay for another go but I'm not sure if after 3 natural mmc's and now this we should consider donor embryo somehow instead or even think about adoption. So many things going through my head right now and haven't a clue how to look into either or where to go to for advice. Thank you everyone for all you support and advice when I've asked looooads of questions. I really appreciate everything. I hope you all have lots of luck on your journey and can't wait to hear the outcomes xxx

blowkiss

Sunday, February 14th 2016, 9:31am

I am so sorry rodeogirl I was hoping to look in today and see positive. It's a horrible numb feeling I remember the first time and I couldn't cry! Hope you both take time and take it easy! About medication I was told to stop straight away and I started bleeding two days after! Xxxx

Sunday, February 14th 2016, 9:43am

Thanks Hello. I just feel a bit like I'm in a a daze. It was strange as my DF compared the 2WW to the 2WW we have been through in the past where early scans have been inconclusive and they sent you away. When you come back it's like you are geared up for bad news. He's feeling the same too but said we won't give up quite yet. He suggested asking them if we could have a meeting with them to go through options like donor egg and private treatment so I'll maybe suggest that too them in my message. I didn't take the pessary this morning before I did the test so won't take anymore. Hope AF arrives soon! Xxxx

blowkiss

Sunday, February 14th 2016, 11:16am

So, so sorry Rodeogirl. I really was hoping that this was your time. Take the time you need to grieve together. Even though the result tends to confirm what we knew deep down it is still so hard to get the confirmation on that test. It's such a tough journey xxx

Sunday, February 14th 2016, 11:25am

Thanks PosituveThoughts. We just need time for it to sink in now before taking whatever the next step will be. We're going to go to a wedding fair shortly and pick up our invitations from a lady there so that will be something nice to do as a slight distraction and gets us out of the house for a wee while. Hopefully our dreams will come true one day xxx

blowkiss

bumblebee38

Megastar

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 7th 2008

Sunday, February 14th 2016, 11:40am

Rodeogirl I'm so sorry. there are no words at a time like this :hugs:

Sunday, February 14th 2016, 11:52am

So sorry to hear Rodeogirl. I totally think our bodies do tell us when it's not happening... I was the same when it was my time; although everything had been really positive and sounded all favourable, it just didn't happen and I think I could tell. Also, I hear that your body goes through such upheaval in preparation for EC, that it just seems not to know what to do anymore! Perhaps that's why they say frozen cycles have a better rate of success than fresh. Did you not get some frosties? That will be your next step. When you have your follow-up appointment you can ask about what options you have after this. Perhaps you will see things more positively then. Don't lose hope yet!
Oh, yes, and stop the progesterone. You've done that right. You should get a period shortly. In my case it was the day after. Take care of yourself and give yourself time to get over the disappointing news. Xxx

Monday, February 15th 2016, 2:09pm

Thanks Sunflower. Hows things going with you?

That's interesting to hear about what you said your body goes through and sometimes it is too much for your body to cope with. I'm guessing that's why they are now looking into a FET being more successful than fresh. 4 out of 5 friends all had success 2nd time round so maybe that is the case. Sadly no frosties as they decided to try and get them to blasocyte before freezing them as they were all good on day 3 but none of them made it. I'm not sure if you can freeze on day 3 but looking back I wish they had tried freezing even 1 or 2 now. They left a message for me at lunchtime to say they will see us in a few weeks times so can go over things then with them and see what they think we should do in the future. what I've not had since yesterday is really bad low back pain and I can hardly walk or stand up straight for some reason. I've not had progesterone since my last dose on Sat night so not sure if it is something to do with AF gearing up to start or pure coincidence but I'm on agony. I phoned them back and left another message to ask if this is common. A friend said check with them in case it's not a sign of a cyst which could have appeared and is causing the pain especially after all my follicles filled back up again after egg collection and before transfer. Paracetamol isn't touching the pain but I'm scared to take ibuprofen in case this affects anything for a future cycle.

xxx

blowkiss

Wednesday, February 17th 2016, 9:17pm

How are you doing Rodeogirl? Feeling better? I hope the pain has gone and you are in better spirits too. Did the nurses say anything about it?
Well, I went back for another blood test yesterday and my oestrogen levels were nice and low. So finally starting on tablets and will go back for scan on the 26th. So that's the next bit laid out for us! Need to keep on injections until then.... (sigh!). Never mind, things are moving along and that's what matters most.
How's everyone else doing? Xx

Thursday, February 18th 2016, 9:19am

Morning everyone, hope you are all doing ok?

I'm ok, back still very sore though and struggling to walk or move about. The clinic phoned back on Mon to say back pain after stopping the progesterone pessaries can happen as the ligaments and muscles in the lower back and around the uterus start to soften and loosen up. What confused them was that this normally happens after bleeding starts and I hadn't started bleeding yet.this caused some concern so they asked me to do a further pregnancy test on Tues morning and phone them back. Again it was negative and still no bleeding. A doctor then phoned me back at 4pm yesterday to say they were going to contact Raigmore to get them to review and scan me the following day as I could hardly walk by this point and they had concerns something might be wrong with lack of bleeding and such bad pain. I woke up finally yesterday to some spotting which then went onto some lighter bleeding as the day went on so they cancelled the scan at Raigmore. The only strange this is that I was expecting a heavier bleed and there hasn't been much at all. I suppose this gives me some closure now instead of hanging on to that last ditch hope that maybe it had worked with no bleed! They said they will see us back in a few weeks for a follow up appt so hope we don't have to wait to long now.

That's great your oestrogen levels have dropped to the correct levels now. Good luck with the tablets, injections and the scan. the 26th is not too far away now :) It's a great feeling to have it all roughly mapped out so you know what is happening when. Let us know how everything goes for you.

PositiveThoughts, how are thins with you? xxx

blowkiss

Friday, February 19th 2016, 9:00pm

Wow, I hope you are feeling better. At least they're keeping an eye on you...
Have a nice weekend everyone. Xx

Friday, February 19th 2016, 9:18pm

It could only happen to me! Lol. I'm feeling a lot better today thanks. Back is still sore but nothing like earlier in the week, thankfully. Booked myself in for a nice head neck and shoulders massage then got my highlights done afterwards this afternoon. It was nice to get pampered after last few weeks. :)

Have a lovely weekend everyone

blowkiss

Saturday, February 20th 2016, 8:57am

Morning ladies,
Thank goodness it's the weekend!!
Rodeogirl- been thinking about you....how are you feeling now? Hope the pain is subsiding more and more every day. After a BFN, if you are like me, you just want it over and done with so you can start to move on. Your pampering sounds lovely! Xx
Sunflower- what is the next steps for you? Apologies I don't really understand your regime as I have never done injections with a FET. Are you still on them? When do they anticipate a transfer? Xx
Bumblebee- how did you get on with adoption services and the snakes? Xx
Hi to everyone else! Xx
As for me 3 more sleeps until test date Tuesday although I am away at a works conference from tomorrow until Tuesday night so I may need to hold off testing until Wednesday. I will say that this has been a really easy 2 week wait. I don't have time to worry whether it has worked or not as my mind is so taken up with this massive breast lump that I still don't have an appointment for! When I do think about my result next week I am feeling quite positive though which is not normal for me at this stage!
Hope my positive hopes aren't dashed!!
Have a lovely weekend everyone xxx

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Positivethoughts" (Feb 20th 2016, 8:59am)

Tef28

Reg: Feb 21st 2016

Sunday, February 21st 2016, 9:51pm

Hello! I'm new here and have my first appointment soon! Just wondering if anyone can tell me what to expect. I was told we would go over blood results and what treatment we would receive. Also go over all the forms and all the access criteria, BMI, smoking etc. Is anyone able to tell me how they test smoking status? My partner has been using patches and I read online that they can be picked up in a urine test? If it's the breath test he will pass no problem, but urine might pick up the use of patches! Someone told me they do urine drug tests...will they pick up patches in that? Thanks for any help! Xx

Monday, February 22nd 2016, 6:59am

Welcome Tef and good luck for your journey ahead! I can write more later when I have more time (I need to get to work!) but they do the carbon monoxide breath test for smoking. My first appointment was just a discussion as you have said about blood tests etc I did have an internal scan quite early on and it may have been on the first appointment...tbh it all merges into one after so long so sorry I can't be more specific on that!!
Sorry I am just writing a quick message but if you have any questions this is a really good place to ask them! xx

Tef28

Reg: Feb 21st 2016

Monday, February 22nd 2016, 7:06am

Hi Positivethoughts! Thanks so much for your reply! So just the breath test, no urine tests for anything? I did think it would be a bit invasive to drug test people...I've never had one of those in my life!! I am due to start af a few days after my appointment, do you think they will let me start straight after or wait till cycle after that? Xx

Monday, February 22nd 2016, 9:13am

Hi tef28! It's just a breath test for the both of you and this was done the same day as bloods, weight and I had an internal scan also! I never got started straight away the first time as they have so many spaces and once they are filled that's it! The second attempt that was successful we got started the next month and I am now 23 weeks pregnant :) Good luck xx

Monday, February 22nd 2016, 10:14am

Morning ladies, hope you all had a nice weekend.

PositiveThoughts, good luck for your test and will keep everything crossed for you. That's great and sounds positive that your 2WW has passed quickly for you. Hopefully that's a good sign! Hope you get the breast clinic appt through soon too. Usually these appts are classed as fairly urgent and have to be seen within 30 days. My back pain is a lot better now unless I carry anything heavy or stand for too long. The tens machine has helped loads and I've been rolling about on my gym ball so hopefully it will go away completely soon. I just wish I would get my follow up appt though soon so I can focus on that. I read online over the weekend they can make you wait about 3 months before you try a fresh cycle again to let the hormone levels settle down first. Is this correct?

Hi Tef28 and welcome :) Our first appt was to go over the consent forms and any questions you may have after the open evening session, they take bloods, BMI, weight and then do the carbon smoking test which is just like a breathelizer machine. Don't worry if you get a reading under 3 as passive smoking or if you have been out walking and have breathed in car fumes can sometimes cause a very low reading too but this is taken into account. They will also do an internal scan to get an antral follicle count which basically measures the amount of follicles they can see just now to work out roughly what dose of meds you will need. They will take a full medical history of you both and any obs/gynae issues etc. My scan showed up a very thin lining due to previous miscarriage surgery damage which had been caused so my treatment was postponed and they arranged for me to have a hysteroscopy under general anaesthetic done first. I the came back to clinic to finalise things and the nurse taught us how to do the injections and went over what would happen during the cycle. We then had to wait another 2 cycles as we were going to clash with the Christmas hols and they clinics were booked up in advance so you may have to wait and wont start straight away if they are busy. You will be asked to phone in tot he nurses on day 1 of AF. You normally start taking tablets or nasal spray on day 21 of your cycle. They will then send you out details of your protocol and when you start the various injections and when you come back for all your scans. You won't be given a date for egg collection at this stage until a few days before as this is decided depending on how well you respond to the various injections. Good luck with everything and let us know how you get on. Feel free to ask anything and I'm sure someone will pop up with an answer for you.

blowkiss

Reg: Oct 24th 2013

Monday, February 22nd 2016, 11:01am

Hello ladies
It's been ages I know. It's so good to catch up on what's been happening. Nice to see so many newbies on here.

Rodeo girl terribly sorry about your recent BFN. you seem to be coping really well with looking Other options. Like the other girls have said, please don't forget to grieve with your DF just to get it out of your system as building it up doesn't help so much. Best of luck with moving forward my dear. Xxxx

Hello so so chuffed for you. Where has the time gone? You are 23 weeks already? OMG. it's unbelievable how quick the time flies. How are you getting on and have u been inpatient and found out the sex yet??

Positive thoughts my dear the biggest good luck to you when you get to test on Wednesday. You will have me glued on here all of Wednesday waiting for your result. I'm keeping everything crossed for you. This might definitely be the cycle for u as they gave u the glue and also double embryo. :goodluck:

Tef welcome on here and good luck with your cycle. The smoking test is easy Hun. Nothing to worry about really. With regards to starting, it usually depends on how busy they are. But more than likely they will start straightaway I'm sure. That's if all your tests come back ok. I bet you can't wait to get started.

Hello to all the other ladies.

AFM I'm currently 33 weeks and the third trimester is no fun. Can't wait to get to the end to see what my little princess looks like. gingebaby Just want to encourage all you ladies. Please have hope and stay positive as this crazy journey does actually work. I never thought in my wildest dreams I could ever get pregnant let alone become a mummy but IVF saved me. This was our 3rd FET and last 2 embryos and it worked. Never ever give up girls.

bigkiss

Sept2015FET BFP mc 7 wk :tears: :tears:
Feb2015FET BFP ECTOPIC :angry: :angry:
Jul 2015FET BFP baby girl

Reg: Jan 28th 2016

Children: 0

Wednesday, February 24th 2016, 3:24pm

Hello, would be nice to make some Ivf buddies!!

Hello, I'm am newbie!!
I'm 30 (almost 31) living in the highlands ttc for 3 years unexplained infertility!!

Just waiting on day one of cycle to start the journey..

Felt so alone and ashamed before I attended the patient evening but now I feel a lot more settled knowing the amount of support and how friendly and inviting the Aberdeen team are.

Is there anyone else about to start their journey?

After day one, does anyone no when I will return to the clinic? Kind of feel left in the dark just now with just give us a call on day one..

16 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

16 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE