You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Phoebe" started this thread

Reg: Nov 13th 2008

Children: In my head, I'm a mother of two.

Thursday, May 17th 2012, 10:57am

Fertility Monitor...Help!

Hi

I've been using the Clearblue Fertility Monitor over the past year. It help me to get pregnant twice last year both times on the second cycle of use but unfortunately we lost both babies. Each cycle we've used it has been different although two have been similar (cycle 2 and cycle 5).

We started using it again last month (cycle 5) and had a typical cycle: started testing at cycle day 8, had a 3-4 high days then two peaks and one other high day. This cycle has been mad. It asked me to start testing on cycle day 6 which is the earliest it's ever asked me to test and I got a high fertility day straight away. I'm now on cycle day 11 and I've had 6 high days which, according to the literature online, is above average. I know it's still early in my cycle and I'm assuming the peak days will come soon but it's just so mad! Anyone else had such variable readings before? ?o(

The other thing that's weirded me out was I've put on 2lb this week (been doing Slimming World to lose a few lbs and get healthy in an attempt to have a successful pregnancy) for no apparent reason. I feel super fat and bloated as well. I wondered if I was pregnant from last cycle and had had one of those 'pregnant but didn't know it' periods you some times hear about so I did a cheapo hpt yesterday afternoon and it was negative.

Anyway, it's not like we're succeeding in doing the deed...grrrr...we were both so tired yesterday and not in the mood that the more we tried, the more cheesed off with each other we got. So, I was quite glad this morning's reading was still a high day. Give us a bit more time to like one another again. : D

Strroooooooth....I sooner go through ivf again!

:-)
Phoebs. x
IVF 2009 = DD
Aug '11 natural bfp 5 yrs ttc m/c @ 8.5w
Dec '11 natural bfp m/c @ 6.5w
Oct/Nov '12 IVF no embryo to transfer

Reg: Aug 1st 2009

Children: 4 boys 3 living 1 deceased

What's Up?
Life is getting there - mainly good days

Thursday, May 17th 2012, 11:27am

hi phoebe,

ive been using mine for this will be the 2nd month, so cant really help. but i would suggest you carry on 'doing the deed' every 2-3 days, regardless of what monitor says. the other thing i do is check the pee stick before i put it in the monitor. for most of the month it only showed control line, but for 3 days it did show up another line, faint the first day, slightly darker 2nd day and very dark the 3rd day. after that back to only a control line. i took into account it was my 1st month and it didnt know how my body functioned at that point. im more hopeful this month, but will kepp checking the actual stick before it goes in the monitor.

good luck with your journey, im sorry if my post hasnt made sense or helped, im sure someone will be along soon who knows more

jade

xxx
After a long hard infertility journey, i am now reluctantly done

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Thursday, May 17th 2012, 7:22pm

Hi Phoebe,
I use to use a fertility monitor ages ago. It did go a bit crazy with more testing if I left gaps in using it. Also hormones change every month, so it could be that this month you are going to ovulate earlier.
Take care and xfingers

Saturday, May 19th 2012, 10:23pm

Thanks both...still on.high days after 7 days but more cm than i've had in yonks. Maybe this is a better cycle than usual for some reason.

Phoebs x
IVF 2009 = DD

Reg: Aug 1st 2009

Children: 4 boys 3 living 1 deceased

What's Up?
Life is getting there - mainly good days

Saturday, May 19th 2012, 11:50pm

hi phoebe,

just seen your,post,in my thread and im trying to answer your question lmao you know more about it than me.
and now u mention it I had no CM last month but noticed a load yesterday.

oh my giddy aunt - the things we ladies talk about, stuff I wouldnt even tell my mother pmsl

just keep going with the ild jiggy, I think marias answer the most sensible.

take care hun and fingers firmly crossed for you

xxxxx
After a long hard infertility journey, i am now reluctantly done

Monday, May 21st 2012, 11:32am

After ten days of testing, the third bar finally showed up on cycle day 15.

Just goes to show how variable our hormones and bodies are.
IVF 2009 = DD

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Monday, May 21st 2012, 7:46pm

Yes, they change very month. All sorts of things affect them, from illness to stress.
Glad it was ok in the end!

MAINLEY

Reg: Sep 17th 2015

Thursday, September 17th 2015, 3:44pm

Duo-fertility monitor

Hi guys, I just wanted to add to this, I had success using my duo fertility monitor, which I found really useful. They are pricey brand new but I'm selling mine off if anyone is looking for this kind of monitor x