You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Pip

Reg: Feb 11th 2013

Children: 1 Labradoodle, my furry baby

Friday, July 31st 2015, 12:17pm

Hi ladies, any new mums on here?
I've still been chatting in 2nd tri but thinking maybe should pop over here
xx
Pip :thumbup:

1st IVF Nov 2013 - mmc (blighted ovum)
2nd IVF ICSI sept 2014 - freeze all
Dec2014 FET :BFP: :BFP: it's twins xxx

Reg: Mar 20th 2013

Friday, July 31st 2015, 12:30pm

Hi pip, I will join you here! How are the girls getting on? I'm sure you are exhausted running back and forth to the hospital. I found it quite hard going when my little man was in. xx
Ashastar

IVF June 2014 :BFN: :tear:
FET Nov 2014 :BFP: smile2

Net

Reg: Apr 10th 2010

Children: Two beautiful daughtersr - thank you Guys hospital

Friday, July 31st 2015, 1:24pm

Oh yay - glad you found it ladies. As you can see I rambled on here for over a year after DD was born - it's good to share experiences.

How are you babies doing?

Xxx
NET

ICSI Feb 2011-:BFP: m/c
FET Aug11 & Nov 11 - cancelled pre ET
FET May 2012- :BFP:
DD born Feb 2013
FET Feb 2015 :BFP:
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Reg: Feb 25th 2011

Friday, July 31st 2015, 4:37pm

Hi all! Look forward to chatting to you all xx
ICSI PGD 2012 no transfer
ICSI PGD may 2013 no transfer
DIVF converted to IUI :BFN:
DIUI March 2014 :BFP: Ectopic

DIUI Sept 2014 :BFP: Twins!

Friday, July 31st 2015, 5:41pm

Hi ladies, just a quick question! Have any of you ever used a poddle pod? My midwife recommended it to me when I mentioned that my little boy is very restless in night. I've had a look at it online and it seems very similar to the sleepyhead but less than half the price. Just wondered if anyone has tried it. My boy squirms and grunts all night long in his Moses basket but settles as soon as I lift him. I'm getting very little sleep as a result. The poddle pod is supposed to mimic being held so wondering if it would be worth buying. Any advice / opinions appreciated!

Thanks x
Ashastar

Net

Friday, July 31st 2015, 6:49pm

I didn't use one of those but my DD was a nightmare for the first six weeks or so and never aettled in her Moses basket. In the end I got a sleep positioner and put her to sleep on her side after advice from health visitor. I know it goes against the sleep on the back rules but it was an almost instant winner. The sleep positioner meant she couldn't roll and she seemed to sleep so much better on her side.

X
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Friday, July 31st 2015, 9:19pm

I haven't heard of the sleep positioner net but will look into it. Because he was premature I'm so scared of doing the wrong thing. So weird to think that tomorrow is my due date lol!
Ashastar

Pip

Friday, July 31st 2015, 11:00pm

Oh ashstar, is that just ur due date now that's great going u have been home a few weeks already.
I've not heard of the poddle pod, but if not too expensive sounds worth a try.
How long were u in again?
I cannot wait to get the girls home, they have started suck feeds now on alternate feeds so hoping I can get them built up soon.
It's a real shame but in our wee room in the hospital there is a wee boy, who is in because his mum was on drugs while pregnant he is very unsettled and on a high dose of morphine the mum comes in and out and really doesn't seem to understand what's going on. I know it's a real shame but it's adding an extra stress on me when I'm there on my own, they r talking about moving rooms due to new babies coming over so keeping my fingers crossed.

Hi gingerbean how r ur twins getting on, have u got a wee routine going at home?
xx

Friday, July 31st 2015, 11:15pm

Hi pip, yeah he's been home just over 4 weeks now. He was in 19 days in total so has done really well. I found that once they started him on the bottle feeds he came on in leaps and bounds. At first he was just getting the odd bottle here and there but as soon as they saw he could manage it I pushed for him to have them more often. They had told me that as soon as he was able to feed without the tube for 48 hours he would go home. At first it seemed to me like it would never happen but all of a sudden it just seemed to click with him. Your girls will be the same. You will have them home before you know it. That's really good that they've started the suck feeds. They sound like real wee fighters. What weights are they now?

I totally get where you are coming from with the wee sick baby in your hospital room. When we were in there were a couple of wee ones with serious genetic disorders who were constantly having tests etc. I found it distressing too. It's so sad but made me realise how lucky we are that our little man just needed to grow. It makes me really made though to think that someone would take drugs while pregnant! So, so unfair when there are so many of us who would have done anything for a baby for such a long time xx
Ashastar

Reg: Feb 25th 2011

Sunday, August 2nd 2015, 7:09pm

Hi all!
Ashatar we were given a poddlepod to try and we sometimes use it during the day. My son is 10lb14 and already it is very small. The poddle pods are not recommend for night time sleeping. We also have sleepyheads for the twins and they are by far our best buy yet, they sleep so soundly in them and have been tested (although not in the UK) for night time sleeping x

How is everyone else doing? Xx
ICSI PGD 2012 no transfer
ICSI PGD may 2013 no transfer
DIVF converted to IUI :BFN:
DIUI March 2014 :BFP: Ectopic

DIUI Sept 2014 :BFP: Twins!

Pip

Sunday, August 2nd 2015, 10:24pm

Hi gingerbean and ashstar, how r u both? How r babies doing?
19 days is great ashstar, we r there 4 weeks 2moro and think we prob have another 4 to go, it is draining. Girls are 4lb 3 and 4lb 5 now. Olivia is feeding well but Amelia to a struggling a bit with it.
xx

Reg: Nov 18th 2008

Children: 2 miracle IVF twin girls and 3 miracle surprises!!

What's Up?
Life's hectic but good !!!

Tuesday, August 4th 2015, 3:20pm

Hi ladies,

Finally found a few minutes to get on to see how you're all doing!!

Pip I know every baby is different but we were allowed home with our girls when they were 4lbs 7oz so hopefully you can get home sooner than you think.

Ashatar great your LO is doing so well.

Clare how your girlies doing? Hope the BF is continuing to go well for you.

I can't believe it my little man is 2 months old today. Not sure where the time has gone to at all. He really is a fabulous baby. He gets his first set jabs tomorrow. He also has to get checked over by HV as they are worried about his heading growing too much. Is a bit worrying as can be a sign of hydrocephaly but I think he is fine. He is alert and happy so don't think there is too much wrong with him. Fingers crossed xx

I think my bits are finally ok. Have had an endless stream of infections and thrush so GP gave me really strong antibiotics and thrush treatment as the antibiotics always give me thrush. Would like a little action with my DH :O

Well gotta run am in soft play hell with the kids :snigger:

I
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP
Twins Girls Born August 09 : D
Shock Natural BFP - Oct 12
Baby Girl Born June 13 : D
Shock Natural BFP during DR!! - October 14
Baby Boy Born June 15 : D
Another Shock Natural BFP!
Baby Girl Born January 17 : D
Hmcfeather's Diary of My Brood

Sunday, August 9th 2015, 5:07am

Hi ladies, glad to hear everyone is doing well.

Pip your little girls are a good weight! Ryan was 4lb 11oz when he got home so hopefully you won't be in too much longer. I found the feeding just suddenly seemed to click with him.

Heather, I hope everything is ok with your wee man. There's always something to worry about, isn't there? If you think he's fine though he more than likely is. Best that they're getting him checked out anyway though.

Gingerbean thanks for your thoughts on the poddle pod. I actually ended up ordering one. My wee man is small so I think it might be useful for naps during the day and when he is at his grandparents etc. it hasn't arrived yet so we will see!

I'm hoping you ladies can give me some more advice. Since Ryan came home from hospital he has been a very poor night time sleeper although he was going for an hour or two between feeds. However this past week he has become an absolute nightmare! I'm giving him his bottle in the bedroom with the lights dim and everything nice and quiet etc. he guzzles it down but I usually have a bit of a struggle to get his wind up. It can take up to an hour before he is winded and settled down. The big problem is when I put him into his Moses basket. Literally within 5 minutes he starts to grunt, fidget and squirm. He also clenches his fists and moves his head from side to side and often brings up mouthfuls of milk. He is really loud and seems to be to be distressed.ive spoke to both gp and health visitor but both have been dismissive and basically just told me that this is what babies do! I know that some fidgeting etc is normal but I really feel that there is something bothering him. I think it is most likely trapped wind as often after a lot of grunting he will fart and then settle for a short time before starting again. I've tried infacol and gripe water but neither have made a difference. I've also tried propping the Moses basket up at one end. The only time he truly settles is when he is in my arms which means I am ending up sitting the whole night with him in the living room. I've had no sleep now for a full week and just can't see any light at the end of the tunnel!

Can anyone offer me any advise or suggestion on what I can do?

Sorry for the long post but I'm feeling like I'm at my wits end at the minute :-(
Ashastar

Net

Sunday, August 9th 2015, 6:14pm

Ah I'm sorry Ashatar that's tough with so little sleep. All I can recommend is putting him to sleep on his side - that worked wonders for my DD who was exactly the same as your DS ( just read back to February and March 2013! That's not for everyone I know but we also put her on her tummy to sleep ( with one of those breathing monitors) for her daytime naps and that also seemed to work. Perhaps get him checked for reflux or silent reflux if it continues?

Good luck xxx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Reg: Oct 17th 2009

Sunday, August 9th 2015, 10:06pm

Hi ashatar, it might be worth seeing a cranial osteopath who treats babies. They'll be able to check everything is ok and can even help with the reflux and wind issues too. My aunt is one and treats lots of babies who often have something small out of place or a small strain from the birth and just one or two treatments can work wonders. Definitely worth a look. All my nephews had treatments early on and their feeding and sleeping improved so much afterwards. Good luck and I really hope you can get some sleep soon. X
TTC 8yrs
3 early mc
ICSI x 3 BFN
ICSI no 4 march/April :BFP:
1 [zx076] seen 7 wks.
bab21

Sunday, August 9th 2015, 11:50pm

Thanks girls. I'm hoping tonight will be better but not looking good as the little man is currently wide awake!

Net I looked back at some of your old posts and your daughter sounds exactly like my son! Even when he does sleep I don't as he is just so noisy and snuffly! I'm guessing it's just something to do with him being premature and tiny and will eventually pass but it feels like it's going on forever! I had a look at the sleep positioner but I'm a bit too scared to use one as I saw a few horror stories. Give me another couple of days with no sleep though and I will probably have one ordered lol.

Smihel thanks for the info on the cranial oesteopath. I've seen them mentioned on a few websites but don't really know much about it. Will definitely look into it though to see if there is one in my area.

Thanks again xx
Ashastar

Reg: Nov 3rd 2014

What's Up?
Pink twins on board :-)

Monday, August 10th 2015, 11:10pm

Yay, I found the new parent thread! Hello all the mummies. Just a quick one to say hi but do want to say to Ashastar that I hope things improve with the sleep soon. It does sound kinda like colic, Kayla does that really restless fidgety thing when she is colicky but would imagine there would be some relief with the gripe water and infacol. Does he get upset and cry or is he just restless? It's a pity the health visitor couldn't give some advice. You must be exhausted, really hope things improve soon xx
Ttc 7 yrs
Immune issues.
3 iui BFN.
IVF Nov 14 BFP :give_heart: :give_heart: It's TWINS!

2 beautiful girls arrived 8/6/2015, 7 weeks early but perfect. Kayla Grace 4lb1 and Sophia Faith 4lb 3.

Clare

blowkiss

Grace

Princess of the Universe

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 29th 2008

Children: 1 beautiful little son conceived through ICSI and one equally beautiful little boy concieved naturally!

What's Up?
Oh god I've got Puppies!

Tuesday, August 11th 2015, 10:43am

Ashastar,

It sounds like your LO may have reflux (it's very common) basically the entrance to his tummy isn't quite strong enough to hold the contents of his stomach in so when he lies down it keeps bubbling up into the back of his throat (and out his mouth) it has a small amount of stomach acid in it when it does so and therefore irritates the back of his throat.

My son had this quite badly and also silent acid reflux (when stomach acid on its own jumps out and it really hurts). If keeping him upright for 15/20 mins after feeding him to wait for the milk to curdle doesn't help then, as you mention bottles, you could go to your GP and they can give you something to put in his milk which helps it thicken faster and reduce the acidity of his tummy - unfortunately I BF and i couldn't get J to take the additive no matter how I tried to give it to him. The good news is they grow out of it.

GPs will often be dismissive of you as a new mother so you have to march in there and tell them what you expect (and then don't take no for an answer). It doesn't sound like colic to me because babies draw their knees into their chest with colic (as well as screaming in pain). J used to grunt, spit up constantly and arch his back (once he got a little stronger).

ICSI BFP DS1 born Nov 09
Natural BFP DS2 born Sept 11

Tuesday, August 11th 2015, 10:53am

Thanks grace. I suspect it's reflux also as he absolutely hates lying flat on his back and that is usually when he vomits. I do keep him upright as much as possible after a feed but it often makes no difference. I've also noticed he often has curdled milk on his tongue which I think is a sign of reflux? He doesn't really cry with it so you're probably right that it's not colic. He does suffer badly with trapped wind though.

I'm back at the gp this afternoon for his 8 week check up and vaccinations so I'm going to be more pushy and not leave until they can offer me some solution! I hate seeing the poor wee man so uncomfortable when I don't know what to do to help him :-(
Ashastar

What's Up?

Friday, August 14th 2015, 5:20pm

Hope you got sorted at the 8 week check up. If it is reflux there are lots of remedies do keep pushing if the baby gaviscon doesn't work (usually the first treatment they go for ). One of my twinnies ended up on special baby powder infamil AR and it worked brilliantly.
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

Pip

Friday, August 14th 2015, 5:25pm

Hi ladies how is everyone? How is ur wee man ashstar?
Any1 have any advice on feeding twins? Just now we r feeding both at same time 3 hourly, but dunno how I wil cope when DH goes back to work and how we will ever get to 4 hourly. They r so wee still and it takes ages to get any wind up from them, if we don't get it all up they end up being sick so it's hard going just now but I know it's early days
xx

What's Up?

Friday, August 14th 2015, 5:33pm

Pip the feeding time in between will come naturally as they get bigger and older. It may be they still need 3 -4 hourly during daytime for a while but nighttime will stretch out. Most babies by roughly 13 weeks can go from about 11-6 which is a great time. Even those premature might only take a couple of weeks longer for this to happen but it will come I promise and this hectic time will seem like a distant memory!!

I always bottle feed my twins either express or formula depending what age they were. My best tip that worked for me was to buy 2 bouncers and sit on the floor between them and feed them at the same time. Stopping twice to wind but that worked and at night I set up two pillows that I did the same feeding at the time. If you need any tips feel free to PM me xx
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

1 registered user thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Pip (14.08.2015)

Tab

Ace

Reg: Jul 15th 2014

Sunday, August 16th 2015, 4:55pm

Hello I found you guys!
I'm having a desperate day.I've been exclusively breastfeeding for the past 10 days since Carlos and Rio were born, the pain has improved 100% but I'm properly feeling lost with no end to the constant feeding. I haven't put a routine in place yet as I haven't had time to look at the books and info i had gathered when pregnant. Anyone have any good routine tips for twins? My babies take ages to feed and are really fussing around at the moment so it's hard to tandem feed.
I'm worried that if I carry on with the constant demands of cluster feeding that we'll never leave the house again. Silas is back at work next week too and honestly I don't know how I'll manage the logistics of feeding alone.
Anyone any advice? Does it get easier naturally or do I need to put a structure in place?
I was really hoping to express so that I could get some help with feeding but even that seems a bit unattainable at the moment. And I'm worried as I have a strong let down so expressing regularly might make this worse and more difficult for babies to feed. What do you think guys? Any advice or sharing of experiences would be greatly received xxxxxx

Net

Sunday, August 16th 2015, 5:56pm

Gosh that's hard Tab - my friend BF her twins exclusively ( she has two sets of twins!) - it was hard but from my own experience the worst bit by far is the first six weeks or so - routine sort of happened for me but did take some time as I demand fed. I can only imagine how hard it is with twins. Hopefully a twinny mum can come on and give some more helpful advice. For me, it became easier and easier with time. I also had a fast let down - a quick hand express to help the initial rush helped me ( I just expressed it into a muslin).

Good luck and well done - you're doing brilliantly xx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Net

Sunday, August 16th 2015, 6:01pm

Could you formula feed one or two feeds ( maybe express if needed in between) to give yourself a break too? Now BF is established the babies should be ok to do both (I wish I had introduced a bottle earlier as my daughter never took one!)

X
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Pip

Sunday, August 16th 2015, 8:32pm

Hi tab, well done u that's great that u r going for the BF, I am feeding the twins expressed milk so easier to do a routine, we r feeding them 3 hourly and lifting them to feed but I know BF is more about demand feeding so not sure how u can make them both feed at the same time. Just do what's right for ur family and don't put too much pressure on yourself.

I am slowing down the expressing now and starting to use my frozen stock, I will need to introduce formula in the next week or so as when DH goes back to work I won't have time to feed and express. I'm thinking of getting the health visitor to come out at start of the week and weigh them I want to know they r still gaining weight since coming home

Clare and ashstar how r u guys doing?
Thanks for the advice re feeding both heather, my 2 r too small just now for bouncy chairs, I'm hoping it won't b long till I can give that a try tho
xx

What's Up?

Tuesday, August 18th 2015, 10:48am

Tab I've always demand feed my little ones including the twins but I expressed rather than BF directly. I do remember just how tiring those early days are. I never managed to set up a routine as I always found personally that if I woke them up early at a set time it just took longer to feed as they weren't quite ready for it. You will find a routine but it's very very early days Tab. Be kind to yourself.

Pip you are doing the same as I did it. I exclusively expressed for 6 weeks then gradually introduced formula. Worked for me but everyone is different. Tab my cousin BF 2 sets of twins do it can be done with lots of support x
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

Tuesday, August 18th 2015, 11:32am

Hi everyone, hope you are all doing ok.

Tab, I hope things are settling down a bit with the feeding. It sounds like you are doing a great job. Fair play to you breast feeding two. I don't have any experience of twins but agree with the others that maybe it would help to introduce a couple of formula feeds to ease the pressure? I really sympathise with you because I'm also finding the demand feeding quite hard work and I am just giving a bottle and only have one baby!

Pip, how are your girls doing? I'm sure you are delighted to have them home. Hope they are settling ok for you.

Clare, how are things with you. Is your husband back at work now?

As for me, things haven't improved at night. It's now been 7 weeks of pretty much no sleep. I actually dread bedtime now! The little man is great during the day but at night he grunts and groans so loudly that it really distresses me and I'm ending up in tears. It seems to be that he is pushing trying to fill his nappy. He is only having one dirty nappy a day so I'm sure that's what the problem is. I think that's also why he is being sick. The effort of all the pushing seems to make him vomit. In addition he has also developed an umbilical hernia. I just feel so sorry for the poor wee man. I've spoken to the doctor but she is if the opinion that his bowels are just immature because of his prematurity and everything will resolve itself in time. Easy for her to say lol! Has anyone else ever had this problem or can offer any advice? I'm at the stage where I will try anything just to get a few hours sleep!
Ashastar

What's Up?

Tuesday, August 18th 2015, 1:31pm

Only thing I could say is perhaps move him to his own room and use the monitor to listen for when he's being sick? I know some friends who just couldn't settle for the noises babies make. They always seem so much louder at night in the quiet. Having the separate room means the noises are just so close so you don't get disturbed just as easily. I know what the advice re sleeping is but you need to be able to get some sleep and need to find something that works for you.

Hope you get some sleep soon xx
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

What's Up?

Saturday, August 22nd 2015, 8:10am

Hi ladies I've not been on in ages because baby brain set in and I forgot my password.
Just a quick post to say hello before the madness begins ;)
Tab, it's so hard in the beginning and really exhausting. I tried to stick to the routine the girls were in when the were in the neonatal unit regarding feeding and that seemed to get them into some sort of routine, but even now it still sometimes goes a bit haywire.i honestly thought in the beginning I would never manage it but it has got easier. I found expressing to feed them at night time gave me a bit of a break because john could help.
Pip, hope your doing ok too, so good to hear the wee one got on ok getting her transfusion, you will be so glad that's over.
Ashastar, it sounds like your having a time of it, if they think it's his bowels can they not give him something to see if it will help. It's horrible seeing them distressed and you feel so helpless. . Really hope things improve soon. Would you try him in another room to see if that helps you get a bit of a rest? I know that the grunting the girls make at night time wakes me and I get a fright. I wonder if it's a prem thing because it seems quite common.
Net hope your keeping ok, time seems to be flying in now-so exciting!
Heather hope all is going well your end.
Hello to anyone I've missed. Hope you all have a lovely weekend lurve
Xx
Ttc 7 yrs
Immune issues.
3 iui BFN.

2 beautiful girls arrived 8/6/2015, 7 weeks early but perfect. Kayla Grace 4lb1 and Sophia Faith 4lb 3.

Clare

blowkiss

Pip

Saturday, August 22nd 2015, 8:37am

Hi all, just to add about the baby noises, one of the midwifes told me it is a prem thing and they grow out of it, grunting and squeaking one of the other mums described it to me like noises a wee lamb would make.

Hope u have had a bit more sleep ashstar and they can do something to help ur wee man.

My hubby is back to work this week a bit scared about doing it all on my own but will see how it goes.

Tab hope u have found ur rhythm with the feeding
xx

Saturday, August 22nd 2015, 1:54pm

Hi ladies, hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Pip you will probably find you will get into a better routine when your hubby goes back to work lol. I find I have a wee routine going all week then my hubby is here at the weekend and it all goes out the window!

Tab hope things are improving. Saw a few pics of your boys on Facebook and they are gorgeous.

I have seriously considered putting Ryan in his own room but he's still so small that I just can't do it. I'd probably just spend half the night running back and forward to his room checking on him lol. The midwife in the hospital told me that premature babies make grunting noises too. He makes the lamb noises during the day but at night it turns into a full on man grunt! I've found that if he has a dirty nappy before bed he settles much better but if he doesn't he literally grunts and groans all night long. The past few nights have been slightly better so fingers crossed that he is starting to settle. I think part of the problem is that I worry and fuss too much about him. Very hard to ignore those big grunts though!

I'm glad to hear that other people's babies make these noises too. It definitely must be a prem thing coz everyone I know with full term babies have never experienced it. Isn't it funny that we've nearly all ended up with wee premies??
Ashastar

What's Up?

Saturday, August 22nd 2015, 9:03pm

I remember one of my twins was born literally making purring like a kitten and now she roars like a lion!! Some temper, lol!!

Sounds a bit like first time mum jitters Ashastar. I can promise you that it really does get easier and the more you can relax the more enjoyable it is and the calmer baby will be. I am convinced that babies can pick up on our stress and it affects them by making them more fidgety and fussy.

Pip I used the mama and papas bouncers from birth with my twins and they were pretty small. They looked so small in them but you can angle them nearly flat or upright depending on what suits them. Im not sure what they are called but they cost £65 pounds (I think). They don't have any music or automatic rocking. They just move under the baby's movement.

Hope everyone else is getting on ok xxx
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

Pip

Saturday, August 22nd 2015, 10:51pm

Thanks heather I will have a look for them. A friend got us the bean bags from beanbag planet, they look so tiny in them.
Heather how is ur wee man, r his sisters spoiling him?

We haven't got our dog home yet, he has been staying with family since we were in transitional care, we introduced him to the babies today and he was really good. So need to get his stuff organised in the house for him coming home, I am a bit nervous for that too. This is definitely 1st time mum nerves of everything lol
xx

Saturday, August 22nd 2015, 11:09pm

Hi heather, yes I definitely have a bit of the new mum jitters. I waited such a long time and went through so much to have him that I can't help worry about him. During the day I'm actually quite laid back but night time just seems to be a different matter! I agree that he does pick up on my stress so I'm trying hard to be more relaxed.

Pip I was very worried about my dog with the baby too. Think I maybe posted about it before he was born. He's a really hyper little terrier who hates strangers etc and has pretty much been my baby for the past 3 years. He's been great though! At first he was very wary of Ryan but he quickly accepted him and never bothers with him. Just introduce them gradually and make sure pup still gets lots of attention so he doesn't get jealous. Good luck!
Ashastar

Sunday, August 23rd 2015, 9:24am

Hi there, pip I saw your comment about bouncers and asda sell a rocker/ bouncer that you can lie flat or sit up, sounds very similar to the one heather describes from mamas and papas except it's £25 I think the make is red kite. And mothercare do one called owls 2 in 1 rocker bouncer which again reclines to nearly flat but has the extra vibrate and a toy bar for £39.99. Hope that helps x
TTC 8yrs
3 early mc
ICSI x 3 BFN
1 [zx076] seen 7 wks.
bab21

Tuesday, August 25th 2015, 3:12pm

Hi everyone, how are you all getting on? Pip, I hope your doggy has settled in ok with the twins.

I'm still having a bit of a hard time. After 2 better nights I've had another 2 nights with no sleep at all. I took Ryan back to the doctor this morning and he has diagnosed reflux. He's given me ranitidine to give him 3 times a day and told me to come back in a few weeks if things haven't improved. Hopefully this will help because my heart is breaking for the poor wee soul. I hate seeing him in so much discomfort :-(

Smihel I've just noticed you are having a baby girl! Congratulations! How many weeks are you now?
Ashastar

Net

Tuesday, August 25th 2015, 6:43pm

Ah Ashatar that's tough But glad he has a diagnosis. Hopefully the medicine will make a difference x
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Tuesday, August 25th 2015, 11:20pm

Ashatar, that's great they have finally made a diagnosis and given you something to help settle it. Fingers crossed it works and you can both get some much needed sleep.

Yes I'm having a little girl! DH and I are so excited. I'm 19+3 now, not sure where the time has gone it feels like it's flying by! I have my NHS scan tomorrow (we did a private one a week ago so DH could be with me when we found out what we were having) so it'll be great to see wee beanie again and to check everything is ok. Am hoping beanie behaves this time as she is a real wriggler and normally me lying down sets her off, the poor sonographer could have their work cut out! I'm like ing feeling her moving around though, it so lovely and very reassuring too.

Hello to everyone else. I hope you and your little ones are all doing well. X
TTC 8yrs
3 early mc
ICSI x 3 BFN
1 [zx076] seen 7 wks.
bab21

Pip

Sunday, August 30th 2015, 1:15pm

Hi all, how is everyone doing?
I have a question for mummies of girls, Amelia has a bit of white discharge down below, she doesn't seem to be irritated but I didn't think I would see anything like that at that age, it's white in colour could it be thrush or is it just normal?
The health visitor is in 2moro so I will mention to her but just wondered if any mums on here had experience of it
Thanks
xx

Sunday, August 30th 2015, 7:16pm

Hi pip, sorry I can't help you but I'm sure one of the girl mummies will have some advice. If it isn't annoying her hopefully it isn't anything to worry about though.

I'm hoping you ladies can help me again too! Would any of you be kind enough to share your bedtime routines with me? I'm still having horrendous nights of virtually no sleep with my wee man and I'm wondering if it's something I'm doing wrong. Would you also tell me how often and how much your little ones are feeding? Ryan is formula fed and takes between 70 and 120 mls every 3-4 hours. He's 11 weeks now and up to 8lb 8oz and I just thought he would maybe be taking more each feed by now. I keep reading about people online whose babies are taking 7oz at 5 weeks and it's freaking me out a bit. I appreciate though that these are full term babies and Ryan was almost 8 weeks prem.

Sorry ladies for all the questions. Having one of those days were I'm doubting everything I'm doing!
Ashastar

Pip

Sunday, August 30th 2015, 9:24pm

Hi ashstar,
We rnt doing anything different at night as we do through the day as far as the girls are aware, feed wind wee cuddle and back in basket, but Olivia is quite sicky and windy and I end up watching her a bit in the night and listening out for her noises incase she is being sick so not getting a lot of sleep here either.
His milk volumes sound really good though allot more than my 2 r taking, I know in the hospital they work out daily volumes for babies at between 165 and 180 mils a day per kilo in body weight if that helps
xx

Net

Sunday, August 30th 2015, 9:45pm

Hey ladies

Pip I'm pretty sure my DD had the same and it's normal for girl babies. Ask your HV but am sure it's ok. My memory of those early weeks is a little hazy haha!

Ashatar I'm so sorry you're still having so little sleep. I really sympathise. Has the medication helped the reflux at all? I exclusively breastfed my DD so have no clue how much milk she got but at your DS's age she was feeding every 2 hours day and night - maybe 3 hours at night sometimes. I would estimate about 3-4oz a feed based on how much I used to express but that really would be a guess. Ask your HV for some advice maybe if you find them helpful - I know some are more helpful that others. It will get better I promise, it feels like it never will but it does. He's a great weight - my DD was only 8lb4 at 2 months and she was born at 39 weeks!

Take care xx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Tuesday, September 1st 2015, 10:10pm

Thanks ladies, that is helpful.

Net, the medicine does seem to be helping the reflux as he seems happier lying on his back now although he is still doing a lot of grunting and groaning during the night. I'm not going to stress anymore about how much formula he is taking. He has done well so far with putting on weight so I'll just have to trust myself that I'm getting it right lol!

Regarding sleeping at night, I'm just keeping hoping that it starts to improve soon. He's 12 weeks this week, 4 weeks corrected. It's a long time to have no sleep so fingers crossed it won't last forever. He's such a good wee soul during the day but at night he becomes a tiny little menace lol!

Pip, did you get speaking to your health visitor?

Hope everyone else is well and had a good bank holiday weekend xx
Ashastar

What's Up?

Thursday, September 3rd 2015, 1:37pm

Ashastar just want to add to what the other ladies have said about weights and feeds. Every baby is different and as long as they are not dropping down centiles then you have nothing to worry about but your HV will keep you right. Just to show you the difference in kids - my twins were born at 37 weeks and they have never made it past the 9th centile in anything and one of them is still on 0.25 centile for weight. They are 6 but some age 3-4 clothes fit them but they are strong and fit and can do everything their school friends can, my other 2 are completely different story!! L is up on 75th centile for weight and eats more than either of my twins ( but she's just turned 2!!) and my little man or as we like to call him our chunky monkey is pretty much bursting out of his 3-6 month clothes and he's only 3 months old tomorrow and he was also born at 37 weeks. So I promise as long as they meeting all their milestones as they should be then try not to worry about height and weight. Those guides are just that - guides.

I found generally by 13 weeks but needs to be adapted for prematurity(so 17 weeks for your little man) marks a real turn around point for sleeping. I don't really have a routine that's different at nighttime as I don't do the nightly bath thing as his skin is far too dry for that but info find he tends to cluster feed in the evenings which means he can go through the night.

I really can't believe he is 3 months tomorrow. He got his second set of jabs yesterday and wee pet had 3 injections in his chubby legs. He got the new meningitis b jab so am pleased he's getting them.

How is everyone else keeping? Hope you're not all too exhausted!! My twins went back to school on Tuesday so getting out in the mornings is tough going as my hubby is away at work but it's lovely to have some time with the two youngest whilst their big sis's are at school.
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "hmcfeather" (Sep 3rd 2015, 1:39pm)

Pip

Thursday, September 3rd 2015, 9:21pm

Hi heather nice to here from u.
Glad ur wee man is doing well, so funny thinking of his size compared to my twins lol. Olivia is only on the 2nd centile and Amelia is on the 9th as long as they r gaining I'm not worrying about it but Olivia has had sickness I think reflux, so she is on gaviscon now which seems to b making a wee difference so hopefully that helps her weight gain.
The tiredness is hard going, wonder when we will have a full night sleep again.
Hope ur wee man is doing a bit better at night ashstar
xx

What's Up?

Thursday, September 3rd 2015, 9:40pm

Pip if the gaviscon doesn't work ask your doc for infamil AR. It's a special thickened formula that I needed for one of my twins who had bad reflux. Docs don't like to give as its expensive for them but it's brilliant. You'll just need the next size up of teats as its thicker so you need the size up xx
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

1 registered user thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Pip (03.09.2015)

Thursday, September 3rd 2015, 9:54pm

Hi ladies, thanks for the info on your little ones sizes and feeding heather. I just started to worry cos he was looking fed every 3 hours but at the weekend he started going 4 hours but was still only taking the same amount per feed. I was afraid he wasn't getting enough but since then he is back to 3 hours during the day so I think he is ok. He is getting his second set of jabs next week so I will get him weighed then too. He looks like he's getting bigger by the day though so I think I was worrying unnecessarily!

Pip it sounds like you and I are in the same boat! The doctor gave me ranitidine for Ryan's reflux as the gaviscon causes constipation and as he only goes once every other day and it is a huge effort for him I definitely didn't want that! It seems to be helping a bit but he is still quite sicky at night sometimes. I'm still not getting any sleep with him at all. You're right, it most definitely is hard going! Last night he had a really snuffly nose which kept him awake. Between that and all the grunting and groaning he does I didn't stand a chance of sleeping. We both eventually drifted off at 5am only for him to wake looking fed again at 6. I don't know about you but I honestly can't see any light at the end of the tunnel! He was 12 weeks today and I keep thinking that surely things will have to improve soon but they are no better than the first night I brought him home. I don't even care about him sleeping right through the night. I'd just be happy if he slept for some of the night!

Hope everyone else is doing a bit better than me lol. You ladies with twins have my utmost respect!
Ashastar

What's Up?

Monday, September 7th 2015, 11:12am

Hey lovely mummies, hope your all doing well. I've not been very good at checking in the past few weeks because the days just seem to be going by so quickly.
Ashastar is the gavison helping Ryan's reflux? At least they know now what's causing his distress but still sounds like your having a time of it at night time. Really hope things start to improve soon!
Pip how are you and your girls doing? I've stopped worrying about centiles because was stressing out about it at one point, as long as they are feeding and gaining I'm trying to be happy with that. My girls still seem so petite and everybody always says they are tiny but to me they are starting to look chunky. : D
They are 13 weeks now and I can't believe the time has gone in so quick. I'm trying to get out and about a bit more but it's like a military task sometimes.
In the next few weeks I am going to have to stop breastfeeding and introduce formula because I have to start on a new medication for lupus that can't breastfeed on. It sounds stupid but I was in tears all Saturday and felt like I had failed but now just trying to be pleased that I was able to do it this long and I need to keep well for these two. At least I can get a bit more help too when they are on bottles!
How are the rest of you doing? It's great to be able to keep up with a lot of you on facebook. I'll try and get better at coming on and seeing how you are all doing. Xxx
Ttc 7 yrs
Immune issues.
3 iui BFN.

Clare

blowkiss

What's Up?

Monday, September 7th 2015, 11:06pm

You've done so brilliantly Clare to BF for so long. You will definitely find it easier being out and about once they're bottle fed. Can't recommend the tommee tippee bottle prep machine highly enough. So worth the money and it is so quick. Love love love mine!! This is the first time we had one and again I love it, lol!!

Hope everyone else is keeping ok xx
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP