You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Mar 20th 2013

Saturday, July 11th 2015, 2:29pm

Oh my goodness pip I must've missed something! I didn't realise your girls were here already. Huge congratulations! Glad to hear they are doing well. I hope you are ok too. I know what it's like to come home from hospital and leave your baby behind. It's very difficult but it will all be worth it when you get them home.

Hi to everyone else. Will catch up on where everyone is at later xx
Ashastar

IVF June 2014 :BFN: :tear:
FET Nov 2014 :BFP: smile2

cheenab

Reg: May 27th 2009

Children: 3 gorgeous boys Zachary, Finley and Teddy <3

What's Up?
Couldn't be any happier :D

Saturday, July 11th 2015, 10:30pm

Pip I think I missed your post also!!!

Massive congratulations to you, glad to hear they are doing well xxx
FET August 2011-1 Blastocyst onboard :BFP:
Zachary William born on 27/4/12 at 10.12am weighing 6lb 12oz
Shock natural BFP 15/3/15 :faint:
Finley Thomas born on 5/11/15 at 9.39am 7lb 14oz
Another shock natural BFP 6/8/16
Teddy George born on 30/3/17 at 4.34pm 7lb 9oz

Reg: Nov 3rd 2014

What's Up?
Pink twins on board :-)

Saturday, July 11th 2015, 10:55pm

Hey ladies,
Pip really glad the girls are doing well. I know it's so hard to go home without them, i couldn't stop crying the first night then was able to pull myself together a bit but I know it's so hard to be separated from them. Just know that they are in the best place and will be getting stronger every day.
Cheenab, that's good you have been referred to a counsellor, I really hope you find it helpful. Hope your coping with the night shifts too, you must be exhausted!
Ashastar glad everything is going well with the wee man at home and you are coping with the sleepless nights !
Net hope you are having a lovely weekend, and that the wee one is feeling a bit better.
We are all doing ok, the girls are still sleeping quite well in between feeds at night, I can't really complain, they have the odd night where one of them is a bit more unsettled but they are good sleepers generally, , they take after there Dad! : D
I had a moment this morning when john brought one of the girls through to the sitting room and for a minute I totally didn't know what twin it was, thought I had it mastered but I had to see the two of them together before I could figure it out-felt such a bad mum! :S
Hi to all of the rest of you ladies and really hope your all doing well xx
Ttc 7 yrs
Immune issues.
3 iui BFN.
IVF Nov 14 BFP :give_heart: :give_heart: It's TWINS!

2 beautiful girls arrived 8/6/2015, 7 weeks early but perfect. Kayla Grace 4lb1 and Sophia Faith 4lb 3.

Clare

blowkiss

Pip

Reg: Feb 11th 2013

Children: 1 Labradoodle, my furry baby

Saturday, July 11th 2015, 10:57pm

Thanks ladies, I looked back and it looks like I only put the details of them coming in my diary and didn't copy over. They were born on Monday atn30+5 scary stuff but they r just gorgeous.
Thanks ashstar hope u r getting on well at home
xx
Pip :thumbup:

1st IVF Nov 2013 - mmc (blighted ovum)
2nd IVF ICSI sept 2014 - freeze all
Dec2014 FET :BFP: :BFP: it's twins xxx

Reg: Oct 17th 2009

Sunday, July 12th 2015, 9:29am

Congratulations on the arrival of your girls pip. It sounds like it was a scary time for you all, but glad to hear you are all doing well. X
TTC 8yrs
3 early mc
ICSI x 3 BFN
ICSI no 4 march/April :BFP:
1 [zx076] seen 7 wks.
bab21

Jasper

Reg: Feb 5th 2009

Children: A boy and girl - ICSI and a natural miracle!

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Monday, July 13th 2015, 7:27am

Congratulations Pip!

I've been keeping busy! Camping last weekend, which was great but I missed my bed and ensuite toilet!!! This weekend DS & DD had a joint birthday party with 30+ children! I hired entertainers but even so it was exhausting! Last night I went to my first pregnancy yoga class and loved it! It was lovely to take some time out and relax and meet other mums to be!
I actually bought some clothes for baby the other day! It's so hard to find neutral stuff. I only really wabt babygrows but would love something other than white! I think I'll end up getting white and buy some soon after baby arrives!

Sorry for lack of personals but as usual I am short of time and really struggle posting o my rubbish phone!!!

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

Reg: Nov 18th 2008

Children: 2 miracle IVF twin girls and 3 miracle surprises!!

What's Up?
Life's hectic but good !!!

Tuesday, July 14th 2015, 8:55pm

Congratulations Pip : D Great to hear they're coming on well.

I had same dilemma about babygros Jasper. I ended up just buying 3 in yellow and then DH bought some the next day in blue for our wee man.

Hope everyone is keeping well. DH back to work a week or so now and it's hard going with his shifts and overtime with all of them but we're getting there : D H is fabulous and totally captured my heart. He is brilliantly chilled baby although having said that he's unsettled tonight. Maybe the next growth spurt. Can't believe he is 6 weeks on Thursday!!
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP
Twins Girls Born August 09 : D
Shock Natural BFP - Oct 12
Baby Girl Born June 13 : D
Shock Natural BFP during DR!! - October 14
Baby Boy Born June 15 : D
Another Shock Natural BFP!
Baby Girl Born January 17 : D
Hmcfeather's Diary of My Brood

Reg: Mar 5th 2014

Wednesday, July 15th 2015, 5:08am

Congrats pip! Hope your wee ones continue to do well x

You have been busy jasper! We stuck with mainly whites/creams too, and a couple of gender neutral patterned ones from mothercare, gkad we didnt buy much, with all the gifts,he now has more clothes than I do!

Talking of which... our wee man is two weeks old already, can't believe how quickly the days are passing, have been meaning to post on here since we got home over a week ago! He's a gorgeous chilled out wee boy but likes his cuddles so getting very little done, doesn't help that I lose hours just sitting watching him! Waters broke at just over 37w and had emcs after 3 days of stop start contractions and synto drip but he's been doing great since short spell in special care unit and a few early problems.

Best wishes to everyone else x
IVF #1 April 2014 Cancelled - OHSS so freeze all cycle
FET #1 July 2014 BFN
FET#2 Oct, :BFP:

What's Up?

Wednesday, July 15th 2015, 9:45pm

Hi ladies,
highlander Congrats on your wee boy, I was just thinking about you last night. Really pleased your home and all is well.
Pip hope you and your gorgeous girls are doing well.
Heather tI me is going in so quick isn't it, glad he is a chilled baby, that will definitely help.
Hello to you other ladies too, just another quick one from me tonight xx
Ttc 7 yrs
Immune issues.
3 iui BFN.

2 beautiful girls arrived 8/6/2015, 7 weeks early but perfect. Kayla Grace 4lb1 and Sophia Faith 4lb 3.

Clare

blowkiss

Net

Reg: Apr 10th 2010

Children: Two beautiful daughtersr - thank you Guys hospital

Thursday, July 23rd 2015, 7:37pm

Hello all

Gone a wee bit quiet on here. How is everyone?

I'm back from a fab holiday. It was quite tiring and a sober wedding is a bit different I must say but it was great all the same.

Bump is rapidly expanding, getting quite a tight feeling of an evening now. Baby is so so active today it's unreal. So different to my DD.

How are you all? Xx
NET

ICSI Feb 2011-:BFP: m/c
FET Aug11 & Nov 11 - cancelled pre ET
FET May 2012- :BFP:
DD born Feb 2013
FET Feb 2015 :BFP:
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

cheenab

What's Up?

Thursday, July 23rd 2015, 8:53pm

Hi all :)

Net glad you had a lovely weekend away!!!
I keep meaning to post, but takes so long on my phone!!!!
I'm with you on the expanding bump!!! We went to my nans 90th party yesterday and no one believed I wasn't due till November!! I must look like a whale then as well as feeling it rotf
My little man was being so adorable earlier singing ba ba black sheep to my belly and baby gave him a little nudge his little face lit up he was so adorable!!!!!
I've got to go for my glucose test in a couple of weeks, not looking forward to that disgusting drink again!!!!

I think that's all I have to report, nothing major going on here!!! ;)
Hope everyone is doing well xxxx

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Friday, July 24th 2015, 7:09am

Hi everyone,

Where did you go on holiday Net, sorry if I missed where if you have already said!

I keep hoping to get a glimpse of your bump on FB Cheenab! I am huge and almost feel embarrassed when ppl ask when I'm due!!!! I have MW in a fre weeks so I'll be interested to see what she says!

Yesterday was first day of hols for us and we survived! Today could be more of a challenge with the non stop rain! We are sticking rain suits and wellies on and braving it for a few hours! No way we can stay in all day!!@ ::P

My baby is really active too and DS has felt quite a few kicks and DD one or two. They love it, their little faces are a picture!

Hope everyone else is well.xx

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

Net

Friday, July 24th 2015, 8:36am

Rain here too - also going to brave it in the waterproofs!

I went to Scotland for my brothers wedding - was fab.

I also have my GTT test soon - that drink is gross. Midwife next Thursday.

Xx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

cheenab

What's Up?

Friday, July 24th 2015, 4:26pm

just for you jasper... HUGE!!!! haha

1 registered user thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Jasper (24.07.2015)

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Friday, July 24th 2015, 6:43pm

Looks perfect! If I'm feeling brave I'll do the same! X

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

1 registered user thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

cheenab (24.07.2015)

What's Up?

Sunday, July 26th 2015, 10:29pm

Hiya ladies, hope your all doing well.
Net hope you had a fab holiday, your photos looked lovely and you look great.
Cheenab you have a fab bump going on there! Looking good!
How are the rest of you doing? Itve not been on so much but it seems to have gone quite quiet-it's good to be able to see a lot of you on facebook and see how your doing.
Pip, hope you and your girls are still doing well.
I had mastitis last week but antibiotics have helped thankfully although still quite sore, nearly gave up on breastfeeding last week but got through the worst of it and back on track I think.
Sophia has had a bit of a bad chest since last night so been a bit worried about that but will see how she is tomorrow and maybe get emergency doc appointment if it's not any better.
Big hello to the rest of you ladies xx
Ttc 7 yrs
Immune issues.
3 iui BFN.

Clare

blowkiss

Sunday, July 26th 2015, 11:13pm

Hi Clare, good to hear from you. Glad the antibiotics have helped you. Sounds very painful! I hope wee Sophia is ok too. Probably best to get her checked out anyway, even for your own peace of mind. I agree Facebook is great for catching up and I'm loving seeing everyone's bump pics. I kinda miss my bump! I feel a little bit like I was cheated out of the last few weeks of pregnancy and didn't get the chance to get really huge lol. So weird to think that I should still be pregnant with baby due next week!

Clare how are you finding things? Are your girls sleeping well at night? My little man still has night and day mixed up. He sleeps all day and then is difficult to settle after his feed in the middle of the night. I'm not sure how to change this! It's definitely been more difficult since my hubby has been back to work. I'm bottle feeding as breast feeding just wasn't for me and he seems to be constantly hungry. He was weighed on Thursday and is up to 6lb 6oz so it's obviously agreeing with him lol.

Pip how are your girls doing? Hope you are all well.

Cheenab, net and jasper hope you are all well too.

Tab you look amazing in your Facebook pics. Not long left for you now!

Sorry if ive missed anyone out. I'm sleep deprived lol! :)
Ashastar

Tab

Ace

Reg: Jul 15th 2014

Monday, July 27th 2015, 5:54am

Ladies ladies hello! I've missed you guys!

Sorry I've been awol I had a few probs getting a replacement password on here. I've been keeping track though.
Pip - amazing to see your babies on Facebook! Congratulations such fab news to see how great you are and they are doing.
Highlander- congratulations on your little one! Sounds like he's doing amazingly, so nice to hear.
Clarabell - hope Sophia is a bit better today, poor little thing. Glad your mastitis has eased up too- sounds really sore, you're amazing to power through it and not give up. How is Kayla getting along?
Chenab- you're doing some spectacular cooking there- looks lovely.
Jasper- hope the rain's not been too awful, it's chucking it down here in Sheffield - I'm kind of glad it's not scorching though. (Selfish!)
Hi to everyone I've missed too..

Im on countdown now- 37 weeks on weds and have induction booked on Sunday 2nd aug. obstetrician is hoping I'll just start naturally which is why he's left the induction date to 37+4. So weird having had aches and pains, sickness etc etc for all of my pregnancy I actually feel okay right now. Had a few twinges but think they've been more muscular as my bump is massive.

Hope everyone's doing well xxxxx

Pip

Monday, July 27th 2015, 10:45am

Hi everyone, tab 37 weeks is great well done u!
Clarabel, I hope Sophia is feeling ok, no harm in getting the doctor to see her anyway.

Glad ur little man is doing well ashstar.
My girls r putting on weight and r just under 4lb now, still in their incubators and still tube fed tho, I just can't wait to get them home. I'm expressing my milk for them, but a few people have told me that it will b quicker getting them home if I bottle feed as the hospital can tell what they r getting and know if they r feeding well but I know breast milk is best for them, I was thinking of bottle feeding the expressed milk but I know I can't do that long term
xx

Reg: Mar 5th 2014

Tuesday, July 28th 2015, 6:35pm

Hi ladies! Can't believe wee man a month old already, time passing far too fast!

Ashastar - my wee man the same re sleeping all day and up at night - midwife said to keep him as cool as possible (without being cold obviously) through day and snug at night, and getting him out for fresh air through day, should help. He's getting a little better... Sleeps through from 12-3 most nights now, just need to persuade him to sleep after 3am feed!

Sorry to hear you've had mastitis Clare, good for you persevering and glad to hear its clearing up. Hope Sophia's chest is ok - lovely name btw! (It was on our short list if we had a girl).

Fingers crossed you go naturally tab x I was double bagging the raspberry leaf tea bags, scrubbing floors and rolling/bouncing on my birthing ball like a mad woman week before my induction date - something worked, waters went 2 days before it! (37+2) Still had to be induced as contractions stopped but just me being awkward!

Pip - I had to tell hospital I was bottle feeding to get out, then worked on breast feeding once we got home- expressing/bottle feeding initially and weaning him off bottles - he's down to one or two a day now, and bf the rest of time. bottle feeds are more for my peace of mind that he's getting plenty milk but know its more important with your wee ones being early, and two of them. Can you speak to midwife in advance of getting home and see if she'd support you expressing? I found the local midwives much more flexible/suppirting than the hospital nurses. My sister on law was never able to get her lo latched on but exclusively bottle fed breast milk for 6 months- I understand the more you pump the more you produce, particularly through night, so feeding twins that way should be possible if you can't get them onto breadt later. But please do speak to midwife/hospital staff, don't go on my sleep deprived ramblings!

Hi to everyone else!

Ps anyone still looking for pram/pushchair? Good deals through Emma's diary email this week - just ordered one myself as our (second hand from family) one is too big for car!
IVF #1 April 2014 Cancelled - OHSS so freeze all cycle
FET #1 July 2014 BFN
FET#2 Oct, :BFP:

Net

Tuesday, July 28th 2015, 7:27pm

Hey ladies

Highlander I'm sorry I didn't congratulate you before! Cannot believe your wee man is a month already. My DD didn't get night and day right for ages. One day she just started being more settled at night. All your advice re breast feeding is spot on too, I had a LO who refused a bottle so breast fed exclusively for 15 months. It's hard work, and with two wow that's tough. Clare sorry you've had mastitis. I had blocked ducts a few times and that was ahony. Hope you're recovering well.

Pip I think highlanders advice about talking to your local midwives etc is perfect. Good luck!

Tab wow not long to go! Get bouncing on that ball!

Chenab that's a fab bump. I don't know how to add photos on here but mine is cooking nicely now too! Getting so bloated and uncomfortable I must say.

Jasper how are you doing? I'm so behind as yo where everyone is in weeks - how far along are you now?

Hello everyone else - ashatar, simhel, anyone else I've missed.

Anyone else getting pressure feelings in the cervix area? I seriously feel sometimes like the baby's going to fall out! So uncomfortable. Only thing that stops it is sitting down. Seeing midwife Thursday so will ask her. I'm seriously starting to get tired now. Had to do a 6 hour round trip from Kent to Peterborough today for a 50 minute meeting. sO tired traipsing across the tube and catching four trains. Zzzzzzz

Hope everyone is well. :xxx3:
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

What's Up?

Wednesday, July 29th 2015, 7:45pm

Just a quick one - just to reassure you Pip I exclusively expressed with my twins for 10 weeks so it certainly can be done and I had more than enough milk also wand your DH can be involved in the feeding xx
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

Pip

Wednesday, July 29th 2015, 10:44pm

Thanks ladies, I'm quite keen for n that option, I'm expressing more than they need just now as their feeds r still quite small so have a stash in the freezer, I think if I can keep building that up then I should b able to feed them that way.

Net ur commute sounds a nightmare, how much longer r u working?

Tab u have done amazing getting to 37 weeks well done u!
Highlander glad ur wee man is doing well.

Chenab and jasper hope u r both keeping well.
Clare well done on keeping going through the mastitis
Hope I haven't missed anyone
xxx

What's Up?

Wednesday, July 29th 2015, 11:44pm

Hi ladies!
Pip it sounds like your girls are doing brilliantly, bet you are seeing lots of wee changes in them now. Sounds like your doing great with the expressing too. We give expressed milk in a bottle quite often at night so John can get involved and take a turn of the night feeds.
Net your traveling must be a nightmare at this stage, no wonder your getting really tired it must be hard going. Hope you can get to the bottom of your pains. It might just be all the growing and stretching that's happening just now, but be good to get some reassurance.
Ashastar hope your boy starts getting day time and night time in the right order. Hope you are managing to get some rest during the day when the wee man is sleeping. The girls are generally good sleepers, but Sophia has been awake loads the past few nights because she has had a bad chest, Kayla has been sleeping through her crying though which is at least something.
Highlander good to hear things are going well with you and your boy, time is going by so quick!
Hello to all you other ladies-Tab You are nearly there and are doing amazing, can't wait to hear your news : D
Hope the rest of you are doing well too!
Sophia ended up at the sick kids hospital yesterday, sent by the GP.her oxygen saturations were a bit low and they think she has bronchiolitis. She was kept in until tea time yesterday and given oxygen which helped and she has to go to docs again tomorrow. Think because she is prem they wanted to keep a wee eye on her but she seems a lot better although chest is still a bit raspy and she's still not feeding as well because of the effort it is taking. I'm actually not sleeping for listening at her breathing-it's scary stuff!
Anyway goodnight, time to try shut my eyes. :sleeping: ️xx
Ttc 7 yrs
Immune issues.
3 iui BFN.

Clare

blowkiss

Reg: Feb 25th 2011

Thursday, July 30th 2015, 5:12pm

Hi all!

Hi all!

Sorry Ive been MIA for a couple of months. Firstly congratulations on the births of all of your babies! I can't believe I've missed them all! Glad to hear that they are all doing well! I think it's just Tab left of the ladies I was chatting to regularly,hope things go well for your induction Tab!

Hi to everyone else on here who I haven t chatted to yet! Congratulations on your bumps and wishing you all the best for the rest of your pregnancies!

The twins are 12 weeks old tomorrow! Where did the time go!? Is anyone using the parent pages? If anyone wants to add me on Facebook I'm Jennie Clancy and my pic is my older daughter holding the twins xxx

Huge congratulations again to everyone xxx
ICSI PGD 2012 no transfer
ICSI PGD may 2013 no transfer
DIVF converted to IUI :BFN:
DIUI March 2014 :BFP: Ectopic

DIUI Sept 2014 :BFP: Twins!

Julzo83

Reg: Feb 11th 2014

Children: Twins!!!

Friday, July 31st 2015, 11:55am

Hi ginger!

Big congratulations to you o. Your twins! Lots of twins on this thread brilliant!! Untried adding you on fb but their is no option forw to add you as a friend! My fb page is Julie long if anyone wants to add x
Twins born 26-11-2014!! Girl 4lbs 3 boy 4lbs 7! Love them so so much!!

Don't give up hope ladies

Net

Friday, July 31st 2015, 1:27pm

I think a few peeps have now jumped to the new parent chat thread

When does the third tri start. 29 weeks? I can't believe I am almost there! Saw midwife yesterday - all good and blood pressure nice and stable ( so scared of pre eclampsia again). She said the cervical pressure feeling I have is really common especially for second time mums and not to worry - reassured me lots. No more checks now until 32 weeks when see the consultant about delivery method again ( agh!) - still so confused as to what to do.

Lovely and warm here today for a change - sitting here watching the fish tank and relaxing whilst DD naps

Xx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

cheenab

What's Up?

Friday, July 31st 2015, 8:39pm

Hi all,

So many births in here now :)
The new parent thread was a godsend when I first had Z :)

Glad the mw went well Net, it seems to be flying by for you can't believe your almost 3rd tri!!!! :)

Nothing much to report this end, have the dreaded glucose test on Tuesday, then the following week back to see the mw, had a letter through the post today to make an appointment with the well being team, so will do that on Monday.
Baby is nice and active all the time now :) ds has felt it loads of times and keeps singing to my tummy it's so adorable!!!
Have been trying to keep Z nice and busy during the hols, starts nursery in September eekkk!!!!

Jasper and me have been having a chat about meeting up at some point in the hols if anyone else fancies coming along too? No date planned yet but we are thinking around the Oxford area if anyone is local or doesn't mind travelling?
Would be nice to meet up with you all :)

Anyways best get ready for my dreaded night shift, have been trying to nap since 6pm to keep me going but no chance can't seem to switch off so gave up in the end ;)
Going to be a long long night :P

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "cheenab" (Jul 31st 2015, 8:41pm)

Saturday, August 1st 2015, 10:22am

Hello everyone.

Good to hear all the babies are doing well, though claire I hope Sophia gets better soon, it's such a worry when they are still so tiny. I was a 7 wk prem babe and my mum has being saying how much she worried when I first came home.

I can't fully remember who's left in second tri and what stage you are all at as my phone doesn't let me go very far back. So I'll see if I have this right.
Tab you're due any day now, is that right? I hope you are still feeling well, good luck for the big day. Exciting times ahead. X
Net 27 wks?
Cheenab 24 wks?
Jasper are you around 22-24 wks now?
And I'm nearly 16wks.
Is that everyone??

I hope you are all doing well. Cheenab what a lovely bump you have! Mine is just starting to look like a proper little bump rather than that I've just eaten too much, and has gone from being wobbly to completely solid. Even though it's tiny I'm loving it so much. I've never made it to bump stage before, so DH and I are very excited!!

I know it's very early days, but when did you all start to feel movement? I know it's normally around 20-22wks but I've had a few people say I should start feeling things soon but I thought it'd be way too early?

Net, do you mind me asking about your pre-eclampsia? I don't want to bring back any unpleasant memories though. I'm only asking as my family have a very bad history with it, starting with my grandma and her sister, then my mum and all 3 of her sisters too. I'm the first female on my mums side to now be pregnant, so I'm being watched closely. My mum doesn't remember too much about my birth as she was really ill so had an emergency c sec at 32/33 wks and had been on bedrest in hospital for a month prior to that. The only thing she really remembers is that the first signs before having her blood pressure checked was that she had bad pains in the tops of her legs, and then it all went down hill quite quickly from there.
I was just wondering what your situation was? I know I'm going to have regular checks, I'll find out more in 2 wks when I see the consultant, but was wondering what I should look out for. DH is going to be working away pretty much up till my due date so will be home alone, and I hate worrying people so tend to not bother unless I'm really ill. I also have the added joy of being at risk of an incompetent cervix due to having the top of it removed after an abnormal smear. So I think DH is worried I'll brush off early signs of things happening. I know the chances are all will be fine, but thought the more info I have the better prepared we can be. Plus I'm always rubbish when I see a doctor/consultant as I tend to get overloaded with what they are saying and forget in 5 mins or just end up totally confused! My midwife is very relaxed about it all, I hope to be the same once I know what the long term plan is. But I am brilliant at scaring myself witless at times too! Have now banned myself from google after reading an NHS information page on incompetent cervix, which stated that of things go wrong in a first pregnancy they'll take action earlier in the next pregnacy! It's taken us 8 years to get this far so for us there is no second chance! As you can imagine I got myself in a real state and my poor mw had me panicking away when I last saw her!

Anyway I hope you all have a good wkend sorry for the long rambling post! X
TTC 8yrs
3 early mc
ICSI x 3 BFN
1 [zx076] seen 7 wks.
bab21

Saturday, August 1st 2015, 10:27am

Sorry just re- read that, saying I'm the first female on my mums side sounds ridiculous as clearly men don't get pregnant! What I mean is my 3 female cousins have all had babies but it's my mums brothers children, not sisters if that makes sense!! Blimey family trees can get so confusing esp with me explaining it!!!
TTC 8yrs
3 early mc
ICSI x 3 BFN
1 [zx076] seen 7 wks.
bab21

Net

Sunday, August 2nd 2015, 7:59am

Hey ladies

Chenab - would love to meet but just too far away. :-( I have my GTT on Wednesday too. I hate that drink!

Tab - good luck today! How exciting.

Simhel - congrats on 16 weeks. With my pre eclampsia the first symptoms I got was rising blood pressure at 36 weeks, by 37 weeks I had really bad leg swelling in one leg then the other, then facial swelling. Then pain under my ribs ( classic sign apparently - something to do with the liver). Then I got urates in my blood test which Is something to do with your kidneys. Blood pressure kept rising so was induced at 39+2. hope that helps? I hope you don't get it, but if you do the midwives will be all over it, they certainly were with me. I went in to get my bp measured and left with a baby!

Re the cervix issues are you having regular cervical length monitoring or have they mentioned a cervical stitch?

Jasper how are you?

Babyh are you still around at all?

Afm real,y nothing to report - very dull! Have a great Sunday everyone x
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Sunday, August 2nd 2015, 10:16am

Thanks net, that's really helpful. It's good to know your issues started a bit later on. Though it must have been very scary all the same.
With my cervix they are being very relaxed about the whole thing. I'm not being monitored at all at the moment as my midwife has said it'll be up to the consultant to decide what they want to do, I'm seeing her on the 14th so not too far away. I did convince the sanographer to have a quick look at my cervix at my last scan and she said it was all looking ok. She did then go on to say that's it's after 19 wks most problems start to show and that the danger time for miscarriage is from around 22 wks once the baby starts to get bigger as the cervix can't support the babies weight. Poor DH lost all the colour in his face!! I'm going armed with lots of questions for my consultant and luckily DH can now make it too. I'm making a big effort to put my trust in that they all know what they are doing and not to panic at every twinge and pain I get, but sometimes that's easier said than done.

Hope everyone's having a lovely wkend. We actually have some sun and date I say it some warmth too, so off out to enjoy it before it all changes! X
TTC 8yrs
3 early mc
ICSI x 3 BFN
1 [zx076] seen 7 wks.
bab21

Net

Sunday, August 2nd 2015, 1:03pm

Hope it was helpful - let's hope you don't get it, I'm sure you'll be just fine.

re the cervix issues I would just be quite assertive with the consultant about checks etc. when do you see him/ her?

Xxx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Tab

Ace

Monday, August 3rd 2015, 7:57pm

Thanks ladies. I went in on Sunday to start induction with a pessary. The midwife examined me and found I was already dialated enough to get waters broken. But they only do that on the labour ward. The labour ward has a list of 12 people waiting for induction so I was sent home. I'm to ring up every morning to ask if there is room for me.
Meanwhile I've had 2 sweeps done - hopefully they'll get things moving naturally.
Awful pressure the hospital is under- I can't believe the scale of the funding problem.
I'm at home for now though, waiting and waiting.
Hope everyone's doing okay
Xxx

Net

Monday, August 3rd 2015, 8:11pm

Oh wow Tab and I thought things were bad where I live! Hope things start for you soon and your babies are here asap xx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Tuesday, August 4th 2015, 4:04pm

Good luck tab. Hopefully things are happening for you now! That's crazy that there are so many in front of you!

Smihel I just wanted to add a bit to what net told you about preeclampsia. I think a lot of people develop it relatively late on however for me it was much earlier. I was diagnosed with high blood pressure at 28 weeks and put on medication however at 32 weeks I had protein in my urine and horrendously swollen feet and legs. I was sent to hospital on the Monday evening and my baby was delivered by emergency section on the Thursday afternoon. I'm not trying to scare you but just wanted you to know how quickly it can all happen so you know what to look out for. For weeks before all this I also had a really severe pain under my right rib. I didn't know it but apparently this is also a symptom. If they think you are at risk as net says they will be all over you so don't worry!

Hope everyone else is well. I've moved over to the new parent chat but still keeping track of all you lovely ladies who are still pregnant.

Julzo - I will look for you on Facebook and send you a friend request xx
Ashastar

Tuesday, August 4th 2015, 8:05pm

Good luck Tab, I hope things are moving along nicely and the waiting list has got shorter! Have to say that is not a scenario I would ever have considered!

Ashastar, don't worry about the scare factor. I'm a firm believer in being forewarned so I can be prepared. Anything that can help me recognise early symptoms is much appreciated, especially after my family history. As you say they'll be keeping a close eye on me so I'm sure it'll all be fine.
Is your wee man home now? I hope you both doing well now. X

Net, I see the consultant next fri the 14th, I think the consultant I'm seeing is the same one who did the cervical procedure I had so hopefully she'll know her stuff. I'm definitely not prepared to take any risks and hopefully they'll understand that.

I've been getting really bad cramps in my legs the last few days, not really had that before but boy is it annoying and painful. My wee bump has changed shape again, and actually seems to have got smaller which is a bit bizarre but I'm sure it'll be back before I know it. I think I may have felt beanie moving for the first time yesterday, it was like little bubbles popping or small worms wriggling. Only very slight, but definitely there. I can't was it to feel proper movement starting over the next few weeks. Even though I'm moaning lots I'm loving this journey and what's still come, it's all so exciting!!

Thanks for all your help so far.

I hope everyone else is doing well. X
TTC 8yrs
3 early mc
ICSI x 3 BFN
1 [zx076] seen 7 wks.
bab21

Net

Tuesday, August 4th 2015, 9:21pm

Thinking of you Tab!

Hello Ashatar!

Simhel good luck with your appointments. That defo sounds like you felt LO! Like little popping sensations. He/ she will soon be booting you in the ribs!

Xx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

What's Up?

Tuesday, August 4th 2015, 10:46pm

Hello ladies, not been on for a few days, although still thinking about you all.
Tab, can't believe you are still waiting. You must be so frustrated but hang in there, it won't be long now!
Smihel glad your doing well and great your starting to feel movement, that's always such an exciting time. I'm sure you'll get plenty checks too and will pick up quickly if anything going on that' shouldn't be.
Ashastar hope you and the wee one are doing well. Ive not been on the new parents threads yet, will need to have a wee look.
How are the rest of you ladies? Hope your all doing well.
We are doing good here, Sophia is more or less better from her bronchiolitis although still a bit wheezy, the noises she makes when sleeping could come from a grown man but just good to see her better, it was scary at the time.
xx
Ttc 7 yrs
Immune issues.
3 iui BFN.

Clare

blowkiss

Net

Thursday, August 6th 2015, 7:25pm

Hey ladies

Clare good to hear from you and glad your girls are well xxx hope S is 100% very soon.

Hello Chenab, jasper, Simhel, Amy more ladies in waiting?!

Tab, hope you're ok!

Not much to say here - had GTT test yesterday - as grim and boring as last time! Getting such awful back ache now, I'm really struggling with it, plus now officially getting cankles! Really hoping it's not the start of pre eclampsia again, as that's how it started last time. Fingers crossed.

X
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Thursday, August 6th 2015, 8:29pm

Claire, it's great to hear from you and that Sophia is on the mend. Glad you are all doing well. X

Net, I'll keep everything crossed that your cankles aren't an early sign and that the pre eclampsia stays away. Are they doing regular checks on you?

Not much to report my end, have definitely felt a bit more movement again, which is nice and reassuring.

Is there any news from Tab?

I hope everyone else is doing well. X x
TTC 8yrs
3 early mc
ICSI x 3 BFN
1 [zx076] seen 7 wks.
bab21

cheenab

What's Up?

Thursday, August 6th 2015, 10:09pm

Hi ladies hope your all doing well :)

Net- fingers crossed the swelling isn't the start of anything. My feet keep really swelling up to, just putting it down to extra weight and the heat at the moment ;)
Smihel, so lovely when the movements start, makes it all feel much more real.

Had my GTT test on Tuesday, then get a phone call today from my midwife!!
My results indicate gestational diabetes!! So booked in to see the diabetes nurse next Wednesday!!!
Everything seems to be going wrong this time ;) just hoping it has no effect on baby, but mw said they will monitor him more which is the one positive from it :)

We've been to a physio antenatal class tonight, been suffering with my back and hips loads so got some really great tips from that to hopefully help ease it a bit :)

Hope everyone is doing well, just a quick one as shattered from night shift last night!! Zzzzz

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "cheenab" (Aug 6th 2015, 10:11pm)

What's Up?

Friday, August 7th 2015, 8:03pm

Cheenab sorry to hear about the GD but as you said at least you get more monitoring.

Smihel sounds like it was movement : D

Net I really hope the cankles are just the weather. I had cankles and then thankles with the twinnies cause it was so hot the summer they were born!! Xx
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

Reg: Oct 16th 2009

Children: 1 precious boy

Friday, August 7th 2015, 9:49pm

Hello girls
I am ever so sorry I haven't been on here much
I'm 28w2d. I went off maternity last week as my carpel tunnel syndrome is so bad that I can barely type or do anything with my fingers! Hence not been on phone much! I had my GTT yesterday, I too have Gestational Diabetes! It's one after another with me so I'm not really surprised. My iron is a little bit on the low side too!
Cheenab hope it's ok for u I won't worry that much as it can be under control if u can control ur diet!
Net I hope it's not preeclampsia for u too!
Sorry cannot type anymore will be back here soon.
Hope everyone else is ok? Your all in my prayers xxx
4x ICSI- Feb 10, Dec 11, Oct 12, Apr 13: :BFN:

ICSI- Feb 15: :BFP:
bab22 Born on 04/11/2015

FET - May 17 - Cancelled
ICSI - Aug 17

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "babyh" (Aug 7th 2015, 9:50pm)

Reg: Oct 11th 2014

Sunday, August 9th 2015, 2:35pm

Hi all!

Not forgot about you all, I only come on here every now and again to catch up!

Clare- great to hear Sophia and Kayla are well. Love the picture updates I see xxx

Babyh- it certainly sounds like one thing after the other, hope the GD doesn't bring you too much trouble.

Net- I hope the swelling doesn't indicate anything sinister. If it's any reassurance, mine keep ballooning atm.

Smihel- glad the movements are getting a little more regular, it's an amazing feeling!

Chenaab- hope GD doesn't bring you too much trouble as well.

Afm- 24+4 today! Have a growth scan on the 1st Sept and gdd on the 3rd. Booked a 4d scan at 27 weeks so we are looking forward to that. Xxx

What's Up?

Monday, August 10th 2015, 10:59pm

Hey ladies, just checking in to see how you are all doing. Saffy good to hear from you, great to get to the 24 week milestone!
Baby H and Cheenab sorry to hear about the GD, hopefully you will be kept a close eye on. It does sound like your having a tough time Babyh, what a shame.
Net hope your feeling a bit better and the swelling etc isn't anything sinister, it's only natural you will worry about that though!
Smihel lovely to see you are getting movement, it's so lovely when you can feel and see your tummy move, it always amazed me.
Heather, Pip and Tab big hello to you guys too and hope things are going well.
We are doing ok here although gutted that john is bsck to work tomorrow, it's been so lovely having him around all summer, but admit to feeling slightly panicked that I'm on my own now during the day. I'm sure it will be fine because we are in a good we routine but will miss him. xx
Ttc 7 yrs
Immune issues.
3 iui BFN.

Clare

blowkiss

Tab

Ace

Friday, August 14th 2015, 2:15pm

Hi ladies
Sorry for being awol I'm just coming out of the extreme exhaustion from 3 day labour!
I started naturally the Monday last week and was induced Wednesday. In hospital
all that time waiting in hospital on gas & air.
Hahaa. Boys are amazing though and 100% worth it- Carlos was 7lb 6.5 oz and Rio was 6lb 2 oz.

Hope you ladies are all okay, I'll catch up properly when I get a spare min to do personals.

Clarabell- please give me your wisdom on routine as my house is like a crazy vortex of milk time right now. It's only been a week but I'm demand feeding and can't see how this will settle!

Pip

Friday, August 14th 2015, 5:21pm

Hi all,
Tab congratulations those r great weights for ur boys and lovely names!
I have joined the new parent chat thread too if any1 wants to chat on their.

Hope all u preggers ladies r doing well, sorry to hear about the GD hopefully it can b managed through diet, not too long to go for everyone now.

I would also love any feedback advice of feeding twins, we r feeding them both 3hourly at same time but when DH goes back to work dunno how I will cope
xx

What's Up?

Friday, August 14th 2015, 5:27pm

Hi Tab and Pip, pop across to the new parent thread in the 0-1yr tab in the parenting section and I can certainly tell you how we did it xx
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

Net

Friday, August 14th 2015, 7:41pm

Hey ladies

Back from a week away on holiday - pretty tiring but had a great week and lots of sunshine. Chenab sorry about the GD diagnosis - assume that you've been given a diet plan etc?

Tab congratulations! I have seen a few photos on Facebook, your boys are gorgeous. Hope the tips on the new parent chat thread are helpful re feeding. I can't really help with twins but did demand feed my DD - it's tiring and we didn't get into any sort of feeding routine until she was a few months old.

Pip, lovely that your girls are at home now. Clare good to hear from you.

Hello Saffy, good to hear from you, glad all going well

Hello babyh! Sorry re carpal tunnel. I had that really badly with DD too - it's so painful I sympathise massively. Have you propped yourself up at night? That helped loads for me. Sorry too re the GD.

Hi jasper, Simhel ( how did consultant go today?) and anyone else.

Afm not much to report other than back ache. Thanks for the messages re cankles. Pleased to say the swelling has subsided a bit so hoping it's just the heat. Need to book whooping cough jab next. Baby nice and active, has been giving me some real bootings though from time to time, so painful. She's definitely a little gymnast in the making.

Xxx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Net" (Aug 14th 2015, 7:43pm)

3 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

3 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE