You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "rosa21" started this thread

Reg: May 15th 2012

Tuesday, July 8th 2014, 8:02pm

Three embryo transfer?!?

Hi girls,
I've had a year off from treatment and now I'm starting up again to undergo what will probably be my last cycle. (We have no money for subsequent ones.)
It's a frozen cycle and I have three frozen embryos.
I'll be 40 in a couple of weeks and my consultant says that even though my embryos are only 38 or 39, because I'll be 40 I could opt to have all three transferred.
I'm in a bit of a quandary. Obviously I don't want a multiple pregnancy with all the associated risks, but I really want to maximise my chances this time, after 5 failed or abandoned cycles, and probably my last chance.
My consultant said that the risk of triplets is less than 1%, but I don't know whether transferring three significantly improves my chances of any kind of pregnancy, and whether the risk is worth taking.

This cycle will be different because I'm having the immune treatment (intralipids, steroids, clexane) on top of my usual stuff. I'm also having an endometrial scratch this time. So potentially this could all make a huge difference to implantation, and all three could implant! Previously everything has gone well until implantation, and my lining has always been a bit too thin.

I know there's no definitive answer on this, but I'd like to hear your views please. We've got a few weeks to think about it. Obviously this is assuming that all three thaw.
Rosa

Me 38 rubbish cycles, very low amh
DH 39 rubbish sperm

Ist ICSI 6/12 - abandoned :-(
2nd ICSI 10/12 - BFN :-(
3rd ICSI 1/13 - BFN :-(
4th FET 3/13 abandoned :-(
5th FET 5/13 - BFN :-(
Taking a break over the summer

Reg: Aug 1st 2009

Children: 4 boys 3 living 1 deceased

What's Up?
Life is getting there - mainly good days

Tuesday, July 8th 2014, 9:00pm

hi rosa,
I am 41 and have had 3 frozen embryos transferred. donor embryos at that. the first time it was a bfn. my 2nd cycle were 3 fresh embryos and I got a bfp with a singleton which ended in mmc at 9 wks recently. I was also on prednisolone, clexane, intralipids, higher dose baby aspirin, higher dose folic acid.
on another score, a lady I met at the same clini had 3 fresh put back the first time bfn, and 4 frozen put back and ended up with triplets.
I guess on every level its a numbers game and the luck of the draw.
I wish you well with whatever you decide.
good luck on your journey
jade xxx
After a long hard infertility journey, i am now reluctantly done

Reg: Aug 1st 2009

Children: 4 boys 3 living 1 deceased

What's Up?
Life is getting there - mainly good days

Tuesday, July 8th 2014, 9:03pm

forgot to mention I had a serum Athens hysteroscopy done before my 2 cycles with them and that included clearing any infection and deep implantation cuts as well. I know they were deep as I was given a dvd of my op for me to watch afterwards. was pretty cool really.
good luck
xxxxx
After a long hard infertility journey, i am now reluctantly done

Reg: May 30th 2010

Wednesday, July 9th 2014, 9:00pm

Hi,

Do you have 3 embryos in the freezer? I personally would try to use all up, but not in one go. I understand the money issues but FET is a bit cheaper isn't it? Are your menstrual cycles ok? Could you perhaps give it a go with all the immune stuff etc with the 2 best embryos and if that does not work (but hope it does!!) use the remaining one in a cheap natural FET cycle with no drugs involved?

This is just how I would do it xx

Wishing you all the luck in the world xxx

• "rosa21" started this thread

Reg: May 15th 2012

Wednesday, July 9th 2014, 10:15pm

Thanks Jade and Rianon,
I don't think that a natural FET is an option for us because my lining never thickens up without A LOT of drugs. We're really not in a position to pay for any more treatment. My husband and I lost our business this year and now only have one income so there is no money spare for IVF stuff - we're struggling to pay the rent at the moment, and have to find £1200 for the intralipids etc for this cycle, as they're not covered by NHS funding.

I wish I could find a breakdown of how pregnancy rates increase with numbers of embryos transferred, at what point it becomes diminishing returns, and see whether it's a risk worth taking. It's hard to find any information that doesn't just talk about single embryo transfers for younger women.
Rosa

Me 38 rubbish cycles, very low amh
DH 39 rubbish sperm

Ist ICSI 6/12 - abandoned :-(
2nd ICSI 10/12 - BFN :-(
3rd ICSI 1/13 - BFN :-(
4th FET 3/13 abandoned :-(
5th FET 5/13 - BFN :-(
Taking a break over the summer

Net

Reg: Apr 10th 2010

Children: Two beautiful daughtersr - thank you Guys hospital

Thursday, July 10th 2014, 6:46am

Hi Rosa

Personally speaking, I wouldn't risk three at once. My clinic told me that the chances of pregnancy with more than one embryo transferred doesn't increase dramatically - no hard and fast stats I'm afraid but that's what they told me. If you did two for instane could you keep the last on ice and maybe your financial situation might change in the future? Obviously I am just suggesting things I hope you don't mind.

All the very best whatever you decide - my lining didnt thicken either - even with my successful pregnancy it only got to about 7.5mm - I hope that the next cycle is a success for you. X
NET

ICSI Feb 2011-:BFP: m/c
FET Aug11 & Nov 11 - cancelled pre ET
FET May 2012- :BFP:
DD born Feb 2013
FET Feb 2015 :BFP:
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Reg: May 30th 2010

Thursday, July 10th 2014, 9:43pm

Sorry for your financial troubles and well done for finding a job - I am just searching for one so know how hard it is. I do hope you get the funds for the intralipids together xx

United Kingdom

Reg: Dec 22nd 2008

Children: Beautiful twin daughters and two grown up stepdaughters

Friday, July 11th 2014, 12:31am

You might find some useful information here: One at a time - Risks of IVF -Multiple births - twins- from fertility treatment. I have twins and thank goodness they are now healthy, but they had a rotten start and knowing what I now know I'm not that I would make the same decision if I was starting over again.
Newly Wed

ICSI December 2008 - chemical pregnancy
ICSI May 2009 - BFN
FET September 2009 - BFP
Beautiful twin girls born 30 April 2010

biggreeneyes

Reg: Mar 24th 2009

Children: A little boy :)

What's Up?

Monday, September 15th 2014, 10:59am

Hi Rosa, I've only just spotted this! How are you? HOw did your cycle go? I tried getting in touch with you a few times. I'm so sorry things didn't get better with the business.

Take care.

I'm just about to use my one and only frostie too, scratch this afternoon eek!

goodgreen

April 09-IVF-BFN :sadface:
Oct 09-ICSI - BFP :happy: - Little boy born on 14/07/10
June 12-ICSI - BFN :sadface:
Oct 12 - ICSI - BFP - followed by mm/c (blighted ovum) :sadface:
April 13 - ICSI - BFN :sadface:
Aug 13 - ICSI - BFN :sadface:
Jan 14 - ICSI - BFN :sadface:
Oct 14 - FET - BFN (surprise surprise) :sadface:

Greeny's trying for another little froggie diary!

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE