You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Lucyloo" started this thread

Reg: Oct 31st 2011

Sunday, April 27th 2014, 8:07pm

Advice after ectopic pregnancy

Hi

I am not new to the site but a bit lot as where to post as it has been nearly a year since I was last here after a successful IVF.

So here goes. Last Tuesday I discovered I was pregnant over a year after my DS was born. I was about 9 weeks. Wit in 24 hours I was rushed to hospital and diagnosed with an ectopic pregnancy. This wasn't my first ectopic as I suffered one in 2007 and lost my right tube so when I discovered I was pregnant I knew there was a 90% chance it would be ectopic. This one was in my left tube and I was told the only option was to remove my left tube as it was to dangerous to leave it in. To be honest I was always scared of getting pregnant naturally because of my previous ectopic and after a lap&dye test I was told my let tube was to damaged and along with PCOS the best option and safest one was IVF.

I suppose what I want to know is what now. Can I still have a second child with IVF or does this change everything?

We were gonna go through another cycle in 3 years time but does the fact I have no tubes now change this? I would like to hear from anyone who has had a similar experience please really could do with somebody to answer my questions as I have to wait 8 weeks for a follow up appointment xx

Tube Ectopic Right tube removed :bawl: Miscarriage :bawl:
April 2012 1st IVF attempt :BFN: July FET 2012 :BFP: Heart beat seen 6 +
Henri Owen William born 6/3/13 baby7

Reg: Apr 27th 2014

Tuesday, April 29th 2014, 5:02pm

Hiya

I am the same as u hun and yes you can still have IVF, they only need your ovaries, I had an ectopic which took my left tube in 2001 then another that took my right tube last yr. In IVF your tubes dont contribute at all so dont worry.

All the best x

• "Lucyloo" started this thread

Reg: Oct 31st 2011

Tuesday, April 29th 2014, 8:37pm

Tankyou for your reply xx

Tube Ectopic Right tube removed :bawl: Miscarriage :bawl:
April 2012 1st IVF attempt :BFN: July FET 2012 :BFP: Heart beat seen 6 +
Henri Owen William born 6/3/13 baby7

Reg: Aug 18th 2013

Wednesday, May 7th 2014, 6:01pm

I am really sorry for your loss. But good news in your case is having tubes removed, makes no difference to the way eggs are retrieved for IVF.
IVF is where eggs are removed from your ovary using ultrasound scanning and a fine needle just before the the ovulation, mixed with sperm outside the womb, and the resulting embryo or embryos are re-inserted into your womb.
It’s hard waiting for the treatment to begin. Best of luck for your treatment. Pray you get a BFP soon.

Edward

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE