You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Macksie" started this thread

Reg: May 8th 2012

Children: Blessed with one beautiful boy

Tuesday, April 8th 2014, 9:37pm

Any Pprom ladies out there?

Hi ladies

Hopefully I've posted in the right place I've been searching around but it's hard to find some support in the UK for pregnancies where your waters break early. I've seen some fab American sites but I dabble only a little as it gets a bit scary.

All was well with my pregnancy until at 28 weeks I started leaking fluid I was admitted to hospital and they confirmed it was amniotic fluid so I had suffered a ruptured membrane as it was more of a trickle it's likely a little tear or hole although they still term it as broken waters (premature rupture of membrane). Problem was it caused a bleed where the placenta probably lifted slightly or from a small hematoma which was later seen on a scan this resulted in me being rushed down from the ward at high speed and prepared for a c section....very scary as you can imagine anyway baby proved them wrong and was bouncing around unaware so after a few hours on a monitor they were satisfied baby could stay put. So now I'm 31 + 4 I've been home for a week and being closely monitored at the hospital and last check fluid was maintaining a level within normal range although obviously low. There is of course an increased risk of infection so they have to keep a close eye on that too.

Just be nice to hear of any experiences or anyone been through similar. It's all rather scary and every twinge, ache and pain causes me alarm!
ICSI #1 & FET= BFN
FET #2= BFP early mc

ICSI #2- Sept 13 = :BFP: : D
Pprom at 28 weeks - Freddie James born at 32+4 perfect in every way lurve

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Macksie" (Apr 8th 2014, 9:41pm)

rb76

United Kingdom

Reg: Dec 28th 2009

Children: One angel and her twin, our gorgeous little miracle

What's Up?
Looking forward to 2014 :)

Tuesday, April 8th 2014, 9:52pm

I didn't have this but I did have very premature babies and even if you had to be delivered now your baby would be most likely fine, although would need to be in the neonatal unit for a few weeks.
If you can get to 35/36 weeks you may well be able to take baby straight home.
I hope little one stays put but do pm me if you have to deliver early and need any prem baby advice. I spent 4 months in hospital with our little one (born at 1lb 5) but she's now over 11lb and healthy as can be, it's amazing what they can do in those places.

Me - 36 DH - 48. TTC since 2008
March/April 2013 Immune DE ICSI Gennet, Prague :BFP: [zx076] [zx076] :girl: :girl:
Diagnosed with severe pre eclampsia at 23 weeks :(
Babies born by emergency c-section at 24 weeks on 30th August 2013, One beautiful little angel passed away shortly after birth. Sleep tight sweetheart x :heart:
My Diary

Wednesday, April 9th 2014, 8:00am

Ah thanks for posting RB I'm glad to hear your lo is doing well I have been told so many good things about neonatal care we've not looked round the unit yet I think it's part of the positive thinking we're trying to maintain!
ICSI #1 & FET= BFN
FET #2= BFP early mc

Rene

Lone wolf

South Africa

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Children: one gorgeous boy

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental
and I know I have Attitude

Wednesday, April 9th 2014, 9:22am

Hi, Macksie
A few years ago one of our members who was carrying twins had PROM at 24ish weeks. I'll have to see if I can find her diary. If memory serves, she managed to keep them both onboard for 6 or 7 weeks more and they were a bit early but both came home well...

PCOS, hypothyroid - on thyroxine, aspirin and Met
Lap/Ovarian Drilling Oct 2005
DIUI X5 + 2 abandoned cycles (total 7 cycles)
:BFP: 22 March 2006 - Connor Born 24 November 2006 - unplanned c-section
At 3 and a half C finally gave up the boob!

Friday, April 18th 2014, 1:46pm

Just an update of anyone reads this I gave birth to a baby boy on the 15th April I managed to keep him cooking for 4 1/2 weeks to 32 + 4 and he weighed just under 4 pounds.

I had a natural labour albeit very quick and Freddie came out screaming he needed a little help breathing at first but is now on lower dependency care taking my expressed milk through a feeding tube so I'm hoping he'll get big and strong as each day goes by.
ICSI #1 & FET= BFN
FET #2= BFP early mc

5 registered users thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Onewish (18.04.2014), Curlytails (18.04.2014), rb76 (18.04.2014), Constance72 (19.04.2014), Cheree 76 (20.04.2014)

rb76

United Kingdom

Reg: Dec 28th 2009

Children: One angel and her twin, our gorgeous little miracle

What's Up?
Looking forward to 2014 :)

Friday, April 18th 2014, 4:41pm

Wow, congrats Macksie :)
32 weeks is great and so is being in lower dependency already, he will be home in no time.
Keep up the expressing.. I did it for six months and believe it made all the difference to our little one x

Me - 36 DH - 48. TTC since 2008
March/April 2013 Immune DE ICSI Gennet, Prague :BFP: [zx076] [zx076] :girl: :girl:
Diagnosed with severe pre eclampsia at 23 weeks :(
Babies born by emergency c-section at 24 weeks on 30th August 2013, One beautiful little angel passed away shortly after birth. Sleep tight sweetheart x :heart:
My Diary

United Kingdom

Reg: Mar 3rd 2012

Children: Hopefully one day

What's Up?
Gutted

Saturday, April 19th 2014, 11:12am

Congratulations Macksie!! :balloons: :congrats: :balloons:

You must be over the moon!!

I hope you are both doing well and that your little boy is getting bigger and stronger every day.

bigkiss

C xx

Me and DH: 39. TTC since Dec 2007 - unexplained infertility. Started IVF Aug 2011: 6 failed cycles (4 fresh, 2 FET); 3 blastos on ice

MY DIARY

Reg: Jan 27th 2013

Children: 1 - this is secondary infertility due to fibroid blocking my right tube

What's Up?
Gutted - where do we go from here

Sunday, April 20th 2014, 10:04pm

Many :congrats: Macksie I've been reading your progress in the September thread and I'm made up for you and DH

Like connie has said I hope he's getting stronger day by day, Freddie is a lovely name , it's fantastic news well done :flowerbasket:

Cheree's - journey to holding my little bundle of joy']MY DIARY[/url]
Me: 38 DF:40 1 DD 17 from previous relationship
TTC 4.5 yeas
Fibroid top right of uterus blocking my right tube
1st IVF cycle Sept/Oct 2013 :BFN:
2nd IVF cycle April/May 2014 :BFN:
3rd FET Dec 2014 :BFN:
Not sure where we go from here going to take a break

Reg: Apr 27th 2012

Children: One beautiful boy. Centre of our world.

Sunday, April 20th 2014, 10:17pm

Hello Macksie

I've also been following your progress. Sounds like you have had a time of it, but hope you and your husband can now begin to enjoy being parents to little Freddie. Enjoy! Boys are great fun!

Best wishes

Jenny x
One beautiful boy born in 2010 but multiple attempts for a sibling very sadly had to stop.

Reg: May 30th 2010

Monday, April 21st 2014, 12:01am

Congratulations! Sorry missed your previous post but so-so happy with this one. :) :) :) :)