You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

robb

• "robb" started this thread

Reg: Jun 1st 2006

Wednesday, December 13th 2006, 9:17am

latest scan

We're midway through week 27 now, so almost at the fantastic point where I can move across to the "THIRD TRIMESTER" forum! This time last year I wouldn't have believed it, its really a dream come true.

Had the latest scan yesterday, and we saw the baby move its hand over its face when the light was being shined on it- saw the face, spine and everything looks to be ok thank god.

Couple of questions though!

1. We haven't asked to know the sex- but yesterday there was definitely a big glowing area between the legs at the bottom of the spine- does this mean anything?

2. At the moment the baby hasn't turned- its in breach (sorry if I have the terminology wrong), apparently its nothing to worry about at this stage but if the baby still hasn't turned by the next scan in a month it needs to be looked at. Is this a serious issue? What are the implications if the baby still hasn't turned?

Overall though, couldn't be happier right now, its our last xmas without our baby and bearing in mind the work to come, we are both going to RELAX!

lulu27

• "lulu27" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Mar 11th 2006

Wednesday, December 13th 2006, 10:37am

Hi Robb Congratulations for making it this far, Breech just means that baby is not head down but laying across tummy, he/she has got plenty of time to turn around yet. Mine were both head down 2 weeks ago and now 1 has competley turned round and is lying across the top of my belly. Being on all fours helps to encourage baby to go head down but as I say baby will still have plenty of room to turn around for a little while yet. If he/she was breech at the end of pg and they couldn't turn it then it may mean a c section but its still early days so wouldn't think about that yet. Hope this helps xxx

MrsG

Reg: Dec 22nd 2005

Wednesday, December 13th 2006, 10:45am

congrats rob, reading some of your posts you have been anxious just like the rest of us..
my baby is head down but she has moved from right side to left..midwife said as long as there is room for baby to move then it will carry on moving so i really wouldnt worry hunni.
as for between the leg thing im not sure myself..
i know when we had our scan we had to ask the sex as they dont ask anymore.
apparently the faster the heart beat the more likley it is to be a girl.. so thats worth checking out

:Dttc 3yrs 1 months
1st ivf abbandond Aug 20052nd Ivf E/r 12the dec 05 E/t 14th dec 05
af arrived on31/12 and tested negative..
3rd ivf E/c 31st may E/t 02.06 testing 19th
OMG got a BFP on 19th june at 4.30am

robb

Wednesday, December 13th 2006, 11:08am

thats interesting, as the heartbeat was pretty fast..

Thanks for the advice- I thought I was pretty good with knowledge of all the pregnancy issues, but this one caught me by surprise!

Its now getting to the point that it feels like a proper little person in there rather than just our unborn baby- it'll kick when I speak next to the tummy, and it even kicks to remind my wife that she feels hungry!

MrsG

Wednesday, December 13th 2006, 11:28am

lol
so sweet isnt it.
my baby is the same when my hubby talks to her, but as soon as he puts his hand on bump she stops kicking, really funny it like she is teasing him.
i keep telling him mummies little girl hes adament shes dadies little girl.
have you tried the romte control thing yet, put it on wifes tum and baby will kick, really funny to watch.

robb

Wednesday, December 13th 2006, 11:43am

I haven't done that, but I will!

Ours is exactly the same by the way- as soon as I put my hand on her tummy the kicking stops, its only the voice that he/she likes!

The strangest thing is when my wife is fast asleep, but I feel the kicking going on at the same time, it was quite unnerving at first!

MrsG

Wednesday, December 13th 2006, 11:51am

its strange isnt it..
wait till you see tummy moving thats strange,
its unbelievable that we all tried so hard to get here and sometimes i forget its actually worked this time. and this time next yr well have a little one probably crawling around and upto mischeif, cant wait :D

robb

Wednesday, December 13th 2006, 12:39pm

nor me- its the last xmas ever without the little one. I can't wait, but at the same time I am giong to enjoy one last lazy christmas before the work starts!

MrsG

Wednesday, December 13th 2006, 12:57pm

lol
MEN!!!!!
hehehe

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Wednesday, December 13th 2006, 1:04pm

Robb - the scan sounds amazing. On my boys, the scan looked like a big blob between the legs - this time I'm expecting a girl. My friend had three girls and said that it looked like three creases ?(
LR
Me 32, hypothyroid,
I have 2 beautiful boys 8 & 6, and one beautiful girl
1st ICSI - 15 eggs - Oct 05 - BFN
2nd ICSI - 22 eggs - egg sharer -Feb 2006 - BFN
I'm a single parent.

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Wednesday, December 13th 2006, 1:10pm

I know your quastions have already been answered but I can't resist a preggy question :D Your baby has until around 36 weeks to turn from breech so at this stage don't worry about it at all. S/he's got plenty of room yet and plenty of time.

Now I must advise you to pamper your wife this Christmas as next year she will be out shopping for brightly coloured plastic items and running around like a headless chicken. This year I hope you'll be bringing her brekkie in bed, flowers and chocs...... oh and a back rub wouldn't go amiss either. Also if she can't reach her toes you should offer to varnish them for her, and rub some lotion in. Likewise she'll appreciate you taking her to the hairdressers (and paying) and may possibly need a manicure (essential during pregnancy). Lastly, this Christmas please don't get drunk in front of her, it will make her cross.... also don't begrudge not getting drunk in front of her, that will also make her cross. Don't expect her to drive just because she's not drinking ...... drink your Coke like a good husband and don't forget to 'smile' :D.

(tell her she can pay me via Paypal for that last paragraph! :D )

MrsG

Wednesday, December 13th 2006, 1:49pm

BELLS your funny....lol
i agree, pamper pamper pamper, ifact im going to print off what you say hun and pass it onto my other half ill amend it though saying its from santa...hehehe

What do you think to this

From
Santa
c/o The North Pole

Dear ..................
I have yet to receive your wife’s Christmas list and i'm sure you both have been very busy with all the alterations around your lovely home and getting ready for Annabel to arrive, that your wife hasn’t had time to think about herself. So with that in mind i’m sure she will love the following
Now I must advise you to pamper your wife this Christmas as next year she will be out shopping for brightly coloured plastic items and running around like a headless chicken. This year I hope you'll be bringing her brekkie in bed, flowers and chocs...... oh and a back rub wouldn't go amiss either. Also if she can't reach her toes you should offer to varnish them for her, and rub some lotion in. Likewise she'll appreciate you taking her to the hairdressers (and paying) and may possibly need a manicure (essential during pregnancy). Lastly, this Christmas please don't get drunk in front of her, it will make her cross.... also don't begrudge not getting drunk in front of her, that will also make her cross. Don't expect her to drive just because she's not drinking ...... drink your Coke like a good husband and don't forget to 'smile'

robb

Wednesday, December 13th 2006, 3:28pm

Well I actually told her that I'd soon need to put her socks & shoes on for her- and she didn'y believe me!

I have to admit, she is driving on Friday night because its my works xmas party... however in my favour we're leaving very early so that I can drive her to work the next morning!

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE