You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 11 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "CkeJ84" started this thread

Reg: Sep 5th 2013

Children: First Child ~ Baby Boy ~ Morgan Ethan ~ Born 08.09.2014 @17:25pm ~ Weighing 7lb10oz

Thursday, September 5th 2013, 3:26pm

Hi, I'm a Newbie to this site!

Hi,

My name is CJ and I am 28 years old.
My husband and I have been together for 8 years, married for 4 years and have been trying for a baby for 6 years.
I was diagnosed with PCOS several years ago and have had blood test after blood test over the past few years.
I tried 2 courses of clomid which ended up with me going to hospital where they found some fluid during a scan, thinking I had had a burst cyst. This was during 2012. 6 weeks later I had another scan to check the fluid had gone but some was still there. I was no longer in pain and I guess it was forgotten about.
Eventually we managed to convince my GP to send us for a referral to the hospital for further tests and in January this year I underwent a Laparoscopy, Hysteroscopy, Dye and had Ovarian Drilling. During this procedure we found that both fallopian tubes were very damaged and fused shut at the ends and my left was full of fluid (this was in fact the fluid they saw back in 2012!!). The left tube was opened to disperse the fluid. I was told that IVF was our best option but cannot have it on the nhs until I am 30.
We then relocated in April so have changed over GPs and Hospitals. We saw a private consultant as I do not wish to wait until I'm 30 if I can help it. He was very helpful and advised I had another scan to check my tubes and other blood tests were to be taken. He also advised me to go on Metformin. We wanted to find out if my tube had refilled with fluid as this would probably result in me having my tubes removed.
Luckily my tube was still clear, I think this is a good sign??
Saturday I start my Metformin, starting with 500mg for 1 week, 1g for 1 week then 2g from there on.
I am currently waiting to hear from my private consultant as to his decision about my tubes, whether he wants them removed or whether we can go straight ahead with IVF treatment. (My scans were done through my GP on nhs so waiting for the results to be sent over).
I have now come to have a more positive outlook on the situation but wish I knew what our next step will be.

Thank you for taking the time to read my story.
CeeJay
babydust

United Kingdom

Reg: Mar 3rd 2012

Children: Hopefully one day

What's Up?
Gutted

Thursday, September 5th 2013, 4:25pm

Hi CJ,

Welcome to FZ! This site is amazing as there are lots of ladies on here, all with different stories, backgrounds and experience with fertility treatment, which is really helpful, especially when you are feeling a bit lost or lonely on your TTC journey.

I also start metformin in a couple of weeks (I'm taking it for immune issues) so would be interested to know how you find it.

I hope your consultant gets back to you with a decision very soon - the hardest part in all of this is the waiting!!

Good luck with your journey, and if you do end up cycling soon, there are some cycle buddy threads on here so you can chat to people cycling at the same time as you - I'm currently in the October thread as that is when I will start my next IVF cycle.

Whereabouts are you if you don't mind me asking? Again, there's threads on here for different clinics which you might also find useful.

Connie xx

Me and DH: 39. TTC since Dec 2007 - unexplained infertility. Started IVF Aug 2011: 6 failed cycles (4 fresh, 2 FET); 3 blastos on ice

MY DIARY

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Thursday, September 5th 2013, 6:20pm

Welcome to :FZ:
Glad things are moving forward.
babydust

Curlytails

GLOBAL MODERATOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Apr 18th 2010

Children: One gorgeous boy

What's Up?
:)

Thursday, September 5th 2013, 6:38pm

Hi and welcome

I hope you like it on here, we have very friendly and supportive members that are sure to make your TTC journey that little bit easier, I hope you feel right at home with us all soon.

Here are some links that you may find useful.

There is an abbreviations section HERE so you know what we're all going on about.

There is an IVF/ICSI section HERE with a FAQ section HERE where you will find a great introduction to IVF/ICSI.

There is a cycle buddies section HERE so you can get to know others having TX at the same time as you.

There is a 2WW section HERE and a 2WW CHAT thread HERE so you can compare every twinge and symptom with everyone else.

There is a clinic feedback & chat section HERE so you can look up your clinic and ask others any questions about it.

There is a ** GETTING STARTED - FZ FACTS, TIPS & HELP ** thread HERE this contains everything you need to know about getting started on FZ. We would appreciate it too if you could take a quick look over our brief terms of the site HERE so you can familiarise yourself with the one or two small rules we have, which help to keep FZ the safe and friendly site it is!

There is a ** NEW TO THE SITE? A BIT LOST? POST FOR HELP HERE!!! ** thread HERE where you can post any questions you have about how to use the site, a team member will answer you as soon as possible!

There is a how to search thread HERE so you can get the maximum benefit from the forum.

FertilityZone is free to join and 90% of the forum is free to use. You may however like to become a member and take advantage of all of the special benefits and fun bits that this gives you! We have a thread HERE which tells you how to subscribe and explains all of the extras that you will enjoy as a member!

And finally!! Have you seen that lots of our members have fancy names in their signatures? If you’re interested in having something similar it’s really easy to do. Have a look HERE to choose a style. If there isn't one you like there, let us know the kind of thing you'd like and we'll try and create one for you.

If you have any questions about anything, just ask. :smile:

Wishing you all the luck in the world with your TTC journey

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
3 x MMC, 3 x :BFN:, 1 x failed thaw
Two gorgeous boys.

• "CkeJ84" started this thread

Reg: Sep 5th 2013

Children: First Child ~ Baby Boy ~ Morgan Ethan ~ Born 08.09.2014 @17:25pm ~ Weighing 7lb10oz

Thursday, September 5th 2013, 7:40pm

Thank you for your responses. A real help.

Connie, thank you. I am in Dorset.
What number cycle are you on?
I will let you know how I find the metformin, not really sure what to expect as Ive heard different things. Let me know how you get on too.

Please keep in touch to let me know how you are getting on.

:)
CeeJay
babydust