You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

hollybolly

Superstar

• "hollybolly" started this thread

Reg: Jan 30th 2008

Children: Soon !!

Wednesday, August 14th 2013, 12:08pm

Azoospermia no normal forms anyone had this and bfp?

Hi all,

Just been for follow up app after failed icsi cycle
Cons said embryologist said "no normal forms seen" in the defrosted vials
That this could be why it didn't work and that the problem may persist into future cycles

He had nine voles collected at that time it said no normal forms but we were lead to believe
Injectable forms were still viable

He now gave us a 20% chance of success and says might be due to cost etc better to think about donor.

I am confused and a bit annoyed why wasn't this said before the treatment started ?

Also wanted to know anyone else had this scenario but got a healthy baby and defied the odds ?

I wanted to try natural cycle but now thinking will the odds be even lower ??
Thanks

AZOOSPERMIA confirmed 01/2008
TESE sucessfull 08/09
Reconstruction failed 11/09 .
Icsi June 13 - Bfn
Feb2014 = Natural cycle icsi bfn

United Kingdom

Reg: Mar 3rd 2012

Children: Hopefully one day

What's Up?
Gutted

Wednesday, August 14th 2013, 12:25pm

Hi HollyBolly,

I didn't want to just read and run but am not sure if I can be of any help...

Azoospermia means that there is a very low/undetectable level of sperm in a semen analysis. I'm afraid I don't know you / your partners history - were you informed of this? Is there a reason why you are using frozen samples rather than fresh? I'm not sure what "no normal forms" means (I would guess that it might mean the sperm they found didn't look okay but this would really just be a guess) - did they manage to get any sperm in your last ICSI cycle to fertilise your eggs?

Sorry - please excuse me if I'm being too nosey! It does sound like you've not been fully informed though which is very frustrating - it's your time, money and emotions on the line and I really wish these experts would tell us everything upfront so that we know exactly what we are up against!

Wishing you lots of luck. I hope you get some answers to help you decide what to do next.

Connie xx

Me and DH: 39. TTC since Dec 2007 - unexplained infertility. Started IVF Aug 2011: 6 failed cycles (4 fresh, 2 FET); 3 blastos on ice

MY DIARY

FC79

Ace

Reg: May 19th 2009

Sunday, August 18th 2013, 10:12am

Hi, sorry to hear this. Ours was only a slightly different situation as my dh had sperm in his sample but only 2 million (now decreased to just 40 sperm!) They were 100% abnormal. The clinic explained that during icsi they select the sperm with abnormalities only in the tails, as the tails are cut off anyway to inject! The head where all the dna is is fine its just those sperm would never have made a baby naturally as they wouldnt have been able to swim to the egg.

Anyway, we had our first go at icsi which was bfn, but sucessful in the fact we got 6 good quality embryos. We followed up with a natural fet and had a beautiful healthy boy!!

We have since used the rest of our frozen embryos without success, so I have no doubt that is due to the sperm quality and we were incredibly lucky to have a healthy baby. It just shows it can work.

We are looking at trying one last time and even with such a low count, the clinic dont seem phased.

Good luck, hope you get your healthy child too