You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

sasha146

Reg: Aug 13th 2011

What's Up?
Adoption assessment complete

Monday, June 3rd 2013, 10:50pm

Hi jasper my ds is driving me insane, I sound like a really pushy parent, I don't actually care if he doesn't crawl but he's getting so frustrated trying to do and he won't sit for 2 seconds without at least trying, then when it doesn't happen he just cries although I've yet to see a tear think he just likes to vent his frustration, he's got steadier on his feet but just stands like he's glued to the spot and doesn't have the sense to hold on with both hands instead he lets go to wave at everyone lol, never mind soon he will walk and crawl and ill be wishing he wasn't :)

X
ME 30 DH 37

ICSI Oct 11 :BFP
bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Net

Reg: Apr 10th 2010

Children: Two beautiful daughtersr - thank you Guys hospital

Tuesday, June 4th 2013, 2:27am

Hi all
Thanks for the info about the sleeping bags. Yet to fathom if Lia is a 'warm' or 'cold' baby!! She's still in her 2.5 as its colder tonight.

Sasha you'll be wishing DS wasn't mobile when he is ha ha! Am sure he'll be crawling soon enough. Or indeed just walk straight away. I just visited my friends 11 month twins. One is crawling and standing and the other is not even near crawling yet so goes to show how babies develop differently I guess

Big news for us is that Lia rolled over. Ha this is how I get my kicks these days!!

Hope you're all well. Lucy how is Henri's reflux?

Xxx
NET

ICSI Feb 2011-:BFP: m/c
FET Aug11 & Nov 11 - cancelled pre ET
FET May 2012- :BFP:
DD born Feb 2013
FET Feb 2015 :BFP:
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Jasper

Reg: Feb 5th 2009

Children: A boy and girl - ICSI and a natural miracle!

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Tuesday, June 4th 2013, 7:20am

DD is doing the same, she see's something she wants and positions herself in the right direction but just cant move!!! She is really grizzly with frustration! She won't stand, if I try to stand her up she picks her feet up as if I am trying to make her stand on hot coals!!! ;) I have her 1 year check with the HV next week so I will see what she says but she is so chilled and I am sure she will say its fine!!
Feeling a bit stressed as I had a childminder sorted for when I go back to work in August but she emailed me yesterday to say she is pregnant! She is fantastic and exactly what I was looking for and I am realloy worried I won't find anyone else especially at such short notice. I am sure it will work out in the end but its just yet another stress toi deal with!!!x

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

sasha146

What's Up?

Tuesday, June 4th 2013, 9:49am

Hi girls

Well done lia on the rolling over.

Jasper - hopefully you find somebody soon, I'm back at work in 2 weeks :(

X
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Net

Tuesday, June 4th 2013, 10:04pm

Hi ladies
Took LO to the hospital today as she has a strange growth on her eye since birth. They think its a birth mark but she's now under the eye clinic for ad least a year whilst they monitor it. The consultant then scared me with lots of strange rare syndromes it could be because she has five birth marks in all. Honestly wish he hasn't mentioned then as I googled them and they were all really rare diseases that were almost all fatal..... The registrar came in after and said to ignore them as its just a birth mark. Talk about scaring anxious parents. She's also been referred to a paediatrician for her slow weight gain. I got her a private appointment for Saturday as it was a two month wait otherwise. Will be eating baked besns for tea for a whole but she's worth it. She rolled over five more times today!

How is everyone?

Xx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

sasha146

What's Up?

Tuesday, June 4th 2013, 10:11pm

Hi girls

Net - they certainly seem to know how to stress you out recently, I've never heard that about birth marks my ds has 3 but think there all stork bites that fade over time.

Well i managed to get a little sun burnt today oops lol, going to go swimming tomor and try and get back into shape or at least try

Hi to everyone else

X
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

cheenab

• "cheenab" is 33 years old today

Reg: May 27th 2009

Children: 3 gorgeous boys Zachary, Finley and Teddy <3

What's Up?
Couldn't be any happier :D

Wednesday, June 5th 2013, 11:22am

Net, naughty hospital making you worry!! I'm sure everything is fine xx
Jasper hope you get the child care situation sorted asap.
Sasha how was swimming?
I've been struggling the past couple of nights with Zachary he just keeps waking constantly won't settle in his own room, I feel like a zombie!!! I think he's having a growth spurt and with the added heat its a nightmare!!!
He trapped his finger in the tumble dryer door last week was healing fine then we ended up at a and e on Saturday as it was infected!! He's now on antibiotics, and the nail fell off last night :( doesn't seem to be bothering him though which is good :)
Make the most of your little ones not moving ladies, it's chaos when they start!!! rotf
Zachary has never really crawled, he learnt to crawl and walk in the same day and just prefers walking now!!!

Hi to everyone else xx
FET August 2011-1 Blastocyst onboard :BFP:
Zachary William born on 27/4/12 at 10.12am weighing 6lb 12oz
Shock natural BFP 15/3/15 :faint:
Finley Thomas born on 5/11/15 at 9.39am 7lb 14oz
Another shock natural BFP 6/8/16
Teddy George born on 30/3/17 at 4.34pm 7lb 9oz

Caraz

United Kingdom

Reg: Jun 14th 2009

Children: one beautiful, amazing daughter

Thursday, June 6th 2013, 11:20am

Oh Net those doctors really know how to scare you don't they!! They really don't seem to realise how frightening it can be to hear all that stuff - and of course they don't want to say anything like "but odds are it is nothing to worry about" just in case they are wrong and you sue them...I still have nightmares about that first doctor we saw after DD's birth who left us for hours believing she had been permanently brain damaged, until another doctor turned up and explained that actually most newborns will recover really well from these things - as indeed she did. They really have no concept of the stress they put us through. DD has a stork mark on her eye and forehead that has faded really well - she looked like she had a black eye when she was born, but just has a faint pink park between the eyes now. She also developed a brown patch just below the hairline in the middle of the forehead, this was at 11 weeks old - we were a bit worried but they have said it is just a birthmark, so nothing to worry about. It isn't very big, about baked bean size but smooth.Those sort of cafe au lait marks tend to stay I think, so she may be stuck with that one! The hair covers it now anyway. According to what I read virtually all birthmarks are harmless, and depending on the sort can be treated to reduce their size or redness as the child gets older. Fingers crossed it really is nothing to be concerned about!!

Cheenab - poor Zachary, that makes me cringe just thinking about it! I have to get some door stops as DD is everywhere now, and has nearly got her fingers stuck a few times.

Jasper I hope you find someone, some of my friends have just gone back to work and it was such an epic for them finding a nursery/childminder they were happy with!

DD has 7 teeth now, and judging by the screams and tears when she jabbed herself with the spoon this morning, I think there is some sensitive gum in there so maybe another one will appear soon. She has stood up on her own once in the bath, and is letting go of her supports several times a day now, standing unsupported for a few seconds before grabbing back hold or falling over :) Not long before she's off toddling I think!

Hope everyone is well and finally enjoying the sunshine!!

:cheeers:
Caraz

TTC since Oct 2007 (me 36, dh 41 at the start)
IVF March 2010 :BFP: MC @ 14 weeks; IVF Nov 2010 :BFN:; FET May 2011 :BFN:; ICSI September 2011 :BFP:!!!

Its a bab19 !

Net

Thursday, June 6th 2013, 4:34pm

Thanks Caraz. So sorry to hear what happened with DD that must have been utterly terrifying. So glad to hear all was well in the end. Lia's birthmarks are all strawberry marks, the biggest is on her back and us the size if a 50 p piece and us raised about 4mm. I really hope it fades, the doctor said it would go eventually or at least fade a bit. The one in her eye is the same sort I am told its in the inner corner of her eye ball which is unusual they tell me but hopefully won't grow and obscure her vision. At the moment you can only see it when she looks to the far left. The other two are vascular marks, one on her lip that goes bright purple when she's cold and the other on her shoulder. Not sure what will happen with those! Off to paediatrician anyway on Saturday so will ask him lots if questions then. You are right though, some doctors need to think more about how what they say might affect the parents!

So tired today. LO still feeding every 3 to 4 hours at night. Knackered!!

Cheenab so sorry to hear re DS. My nephew did the same and had to go to a and e with it. Very scary.

Jasper hope you get child care sorted. I just had to pay nursery fees to get DD a space in February next year!

Hello everyone else, hope you're all well.

Enjoy the sunshine!!
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Reg: Oct 31st 2011

Tuesday, June 11th 2013, 10:22am

Hi ladies,

I took Henri to the doctors as he is on omeprazol and ranitidine for his silent reflux. Now it had started up again and isn't sleeping well at all and is always in pain with it. His normal doctor is on holiday so I saw a different one. Anyway she said to go away and leave bit another 4 weeks or so. So I kicked off and said she wasn't the one looking after him at night and seeing how much pain he is in. So she said that she would refer him to the hospital if that would make me happier which I said it would. But in the mean time what do I do. Do I leave him in pain, give him calpol or go and see a different doctor at the surgery to see if they will help. Or wait till his usually is back. She said she wouldn't prescribe anything else until she speaks to hi us normal doctor.

Please help I really don't know what to do gaviscon is no good as he reacts badly to it

Tube Ectopic Right tube removed :bawl: Miscarriage :bawl:
April 2012 1st IVF attempt :BFN: July FET 2012 :BFP: Heart beat seen 6 +
Henri Owen William born 6/3/13 baby7

Net

Tuesday, June 11th 2013, 11:54am

Hi all

Lucy I am so sorry Henri is still suffering. Could you get a private appointment with a paediatrician? I just did that with Lia due to her weight issues. Cost £160 which I know isn't cheap but I think it was worth every penny. If they refer you you might have to wait a while to see someone on the NHS. When is your usual doctor back?

Lia went swimming for the first time yesterday and absolutely loved it. Was great fun watching her as DH took her into the pool.
She got the all clear from the paediatrician too over her weight.

Hi everyone else xxx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

sasha146

What's Up?

Tuesday, June 11th 2013, 1:15pm

Hi girls

Sorry not been on much my computer is broken so having to do a lot on my phone.

Lucyloo - not sure if your bf or ff but if your ff have u tried reflux milk?

Net - was reading your other post about Lias weight and your hv, I personally think hv are a waste of time mine has upset me or frustrated me more than she has helped me.

Well we're no further forward with walking or crawling although ds did take a couple of steps while I held his hands but seems to be a one off and he just doesn't get crawling even though he can get himself into the position, I have never seen a baby so frustrated. I'm back at work next Tuesday, not really sure how I feel, in a way a bit of normality might be nice and to have my lunch without sharing it and to go to the toilet without leaving the door opened and talking to ds at the same time, but I'm scared I miss things and have loved the better weather it just makes me want to stay off.

Hi to everyone else

X
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Tuesday, June 11th 2013, 6:51pm

Still no steps or crawling in our house either Sasha and DD is 1 next week! She will get there one day! I am seeing the HV on Thursday so I wonder what she will say.

On the childcare front I am sticking with my original childminder until she goes on maternity in December and have started looking for others to startfRom December. They have started trial session tomorrow morning, just hope DS behaves!!

Net I am glad the pediatrician is happy with her weight. Lucyloo I would go and see another doctor.

Hi to everyone else.x

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

sasha146

What's Up?

Wednesday, June 12th 2013, 11:43am

Hi girls

Lucyloo how you getting on?

Jasper let me no what the hv says although I'm sure if they can move in some way they don't bother, it's not like its something u can make happen, my friends wee girl is 16 months, doesn't crawl and only walks with a walker.

Hi to everyone else

X
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 12th 2008

Children: Two beautiful little girls, so so lucky!! :)

What's Up?
:hello:

Wednesday, June 12th 2013, 5:25pm

Hi guys, sorry I have been AWOL from here forever!!

How is everyone?

Lucyloo, how is H? Dd1 had silent relux, she wasn't diagnosed til about 4 months, was bf and tried gaviscon, domperidone, ranitidine and Omeprazole was finally the one to do it for us. We saw a paediatrician, took just over a week from referral. I really help you can get something sorted, it's so horrible seeing them in such pain isn't it. I would definitely see somebody else.

Dd2 has been in her room for a week now, I hate it, I miss her like crazy!

3 more sleeps til holiday :thumbup: xxxx

1st ICSI - Oct 08 - :BFP:!!! DD born July 2009 : D
1st FET - May 11 - BFN
2nd FET - Sept 11 - BFN
3rd FET - Jan 12 - :BFP: DD2 born October 2012 : D
2nd ICSI - May 18 - BFN
4th FET - Sept 18 - BFP but Ectopic MTX 7+4

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

Wednesday, June 12th 2013, 7:35pm

Hi ladies,

Henri is still the same we are waiting for Referral and I am waiting for his own doctor to get back and am going to see her and see what she says. Thanks for the advice ladies. Dusky we are on omeprazol and rinitidine but I herd you need the dose changed as they put on weight is that right.

Net pleased your lo weight has been sorted. It's a nice feeling when the doctors say everything is good isn't it .

How's everyone else getting in.

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 12th 2008

Children: Two beautiful little girls, so so lucky!! :)

What's Up?
:hello:

Thursday, June 13th 2013, 2:32pm

Yes, we increased the dose, afraid I can't remember what it was now... Hope your get to see dr very soon xxxx

1st ICSI - Oct 08 - :BFP:!!! DD born July 2009 : D
1st FET - May 11 - BFN
2nd FET - Sept 11 - BFN
3rd FET - Jan 12 - :BFP: DD2 born October 2012 : D
2nd ICSI - May 18 - BFN
4th FET - Sept 18 - BFP but Ectopic MTX 7+4

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

Thursday, June 13th 2013, 5:35pm

Thanks dusky, they won't increase it. The gave him 0.5ml when he was 15lb now he is about 19lb and on the same.
Gonna try small reflux milk stay down to see if it helps

Hope everyone is doing well xxxx

Reg: Jan 5th 2009

Children: 3 children

Thursday, June 13th 2013, 8:38pm

Hi....how is everyone? : D
:BFP: June 2012

Baby girl Millicent (Millie) born 16/1/13 bab21

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Friday, June 14th 2013, 7:14pm

Hi everyone!
My LO is 1 in a few days, just don't know where the time has gone!! I have a busy few days ahead of me preparing for her parties!!! : D

Had the 1 year HV review this week and she is not concerned that she is not crawling. She may never crawl and just go straight to walking. If by 18 months she can not take atleast 5 steps unaided I have to contact her to make arrangements to see a doctor. She has suggested vitamin d drops as her milk intake is no where near where it should be, but I can't find any so will call her next week. Has anyone else had this recommendation?

My maternity leave ends next week and I will begin my 6 weeks of holiday. It will be great to have he money but it means work is getting very close :-(

Hope you are all well.x

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

Caraz

United Kingdom

Friday, June 14th 2013, 10:54pm

I know what you mean Jasper - I can't believe DD is nearly 1!! I need to go and get balloons and stuff in - we aren't having a party as such, but our normal weekly baby meet-up is at mine that week, so we are making it into a birthday thing :) They won't be babies anymore though will they!!

Glad that the doc put your mind at rest re the crawling (or lack of). One of my friend's LO is the same - she is over a year now, and still not crawling, but is now insisting on standing at every opportunity, although she can't stand alone yet - we reckon she will go straight to walking once she finds her balance.

I'm wondering what to do re milk once DD is over 1. ATM she has 180ml of formula each afternoon (still just the basic aptamil she has been on since birth), and a BF at bedtime, plus cows milk on cereal and in sauces, and cheese, yoghurt etc. She refuses to drink cows milk at all, and won't take formula from a beaker, so we are stuck with the bottle for now. I had planned to move her onto cows milk at 12 months, but as she won't touch it, we may have to move on to a toddler formula. Someone I know reckons formula can work out cheaper, although I've not done the maths yet! DD also won't use sippy cups - we've tried pretty much every one on the market, but she can't seem to get anything out of them. She will drink an entire beaker of water at a meal from a doidy cup though, so I'm not too worried about that - its just frustrating when my friend's babies are all drinking milk or water from sippy cups on their own, and DD has to have me holding her beaker for her. Has everyone else mastered sippy cups? What have you done re milk if your LO is over 1?
Caraz

IVF March 2010 :BFP: MC @ 14 weeks; IVF Nov 2010 :BFN:; FET May 2011 :BFN:; ICSI September 2011 :BFP:!!!

Its a bab19 !

sasha146

What's Up?

Friday, June 14th 2013, 11:21pm

Hi girls

Jasper glad your hv has put your mind at rest and mine lol, every day I think today is the day he's going to crawl then it just doesn't happen, he's so close and getting so frustrated, can your dd sit herself up from lying down?

Caraz - we had a bit of an issue with sippy cups but I just kept trying and didn't make a big deal, also I tricked him with quite strong diluting juice and have gradually made it weaker, my ds takes bottles at room temp and prefers his water the same way, I'm not sure how I'd manage to get him to take milk from a sippy cup though, I've just dropped his afternoon bottle so he gets 7oz in the morning and at night but I think once he's on milk ill reduce the morning one and try the sippy cup and if he takes to it then change to a sippy cup at night but can't see him liking it one bit.

Is it ok to use semi skimmed milk? I no they say full fat but is that for calories? My ds is a big boy (22lbs) so he really doesn't need them lol

I'm back to work on tues :(

Hi to everyone else

X
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Net

Saturday, June 15th 2013, 1:23am

Hi all

Jasper, Caraz and Sasha all your talk of crawling etc is making me all excited about DD's next developmental stages!! I get so confused about ratios of milk to food once weaning starts but I guess I'll work it out at the time. Planning to start thinking about solids at 20 weeks, cannot believe my tiny mewling newborn is gonna be 18 weeks on Sunday, has flown by! She is teething in earnest now, drool everywhere lol.

Off on our first family holiday tomorrow. Have NO idea where everything is going to fit in the car!

Hi to everyone else. Xxx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Net

Wednesday, June 26th 2013, 3:00pm

Hi ladies, sooooo quiet on here! We must all be too busy with our babies!!

How is everyone?

Sasha have you gone back to work? If so hope it's going ok.

Lucy, how is Henri's reflux?

Hi to Caraz, jasper, Cheenab and Kittenlove and anyone else I have missed.

Not much to report from my end. LO is obsessed with rolling over so keep finding her face down in her cot, she usually puts her head to the side but not always!! Getting ready to start weaning her when she hits 21 weeks, so 2 weeks to go. She's so interested in us eating now I think she's almost ready. Still no teeth but lots of drool and crying!

Xxx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

sasha146

What's Up?

Wednesday, June 26th 2013, 9:06pm

Hi girls

Net- how's things? I'm back at work sadly, it's not been as bad as I thought but by day 5 ds wouldn't even come to me :( but I'm sure he will get used to it

Ds also started to crawl yesterday : D I'm one very proud mummy, it's only taken 3 months of trying lol

Hi to everyone else

X
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Net

Thursday, June 27th 2013, 9:00am

Yay!!! Congrats Sasha that DS has started to crawl! Let the mayhem commence! Xxx

I am cream crackered today as Lia was up loads last night, twice face down in her cot. At 3am I was rocking her to sleep in my rocking chair zzzzzzzz. I don't really know what to do to get her into more of a routine at night. At one stage she was feeding at 1am and 4am but now it's all over the place. She's still tiny at only 10.12lb so I guess she still needs more milk at night. Tired mummy!
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

cheenab

What's Up?

Thursday, June 27th 2013, 3:48pm

I know that feeling net, my little monkey keeps waking up loads!! My hv thinks it could be night terrors!!! She even suggested taking the side off his cot, not sure about that yet though!!!
Fantastic news Sasha, you will need eyes in the back of your head now!!! ;)

Hi to everyone else hope your all well xx

sasha146

What's Up?

Monday, July 1st 2013, 9:05am

Hi girls

How is everyone?

Net how's dd seen she had a wee cold hope it's better now.

Cheenab how's ds is he sleeping better?

Quick question, I'm keen to start giving ds milk from a sippy cup at least in the mornings to start with but the last two mornings haven't went great, I'm not going to stress about it because I know like everything he will get there in the end but I was just looking to see if u would use the same cup/type of cup for milk as u would with there water? Also is is ok to use semi skimmed milk instead of full fat? My ds is a big boy and eats plenty of cheese and yogurt and I only really take milk in tea and hate full fat milk but I would obviously by it if ds needed it. Also how long do they need to get milk for? I'm not sure ds is going to be a fan of his morning bottle for much longer

Hi to everyone else

X
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Net

Monday, July 1st 2013, 10:15am

Hey Sasha
LO is ok thanks, I can't work out if she has a cold or is teething. She seems happy in herself just very snotty!

I think you can use the same sippy cups for water and milk. my nephew was still on a bottle for his milk until he was 3! he drank water from a cup but only took his milk from a bottle. Have you seen those doidy cups? No lid just slanted. I have one but haven't tried it yet but I have heard good things about them. Downside is that you have to hold it for your LO I guess. I also think you should be giving full fat milk but you might want to ask your HV about the semi skimmed. I think there might be more of the vitamins they need in full fat but I could be wrong!! I know from age 1 they can have cows milk as a drink so I assume you can stop formula etc then but I am no expert! I have just looked at my Annabel Karmel book and it says from 12 months on you can continue breast/formula milk if desired. Just noticed the book also says that cows milk should be full fat and only lower fat on the advice of a doctor and needs 400ml milk a day from 12 months. However I assume if they don't like milk you can substitute with other dairy products to get the fat, calcium and vitamins in milk? She suggests smuggling milk into feeds such as yoghurt, frontage frais, cheese etc or make a fruity milkshake, cheese sauce etc if your LO won't drink milk.

I am about to try my LO on some baby rice today., very excited!
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

cheenab

What's Up?

Monday, July 1st 2013, 7:38pm

How did Lia get on with the baby rice Net?
Sasha I changed Zachary's afternoon milk to a sippy cup, he was ok for a few days then just started to refuse it, but put it in a bottle and he drank it fine. I will try again in a month or so.
How is your LO getting on with his crawling? I keep meaning to ask, what's his name? I'm sure you have said before but my mind is drawing a blank!!! Lol!!

Well Friday evening we decided to take the leap and take the side off Zachary's cot!!!! Eeekk!!!
So far so good, he fell out once (on to a rolled up duvet!!) on the first night but since then hasn't anymore, he hasn't been getting out and playing with his toys etc like I thought he would!! Also he has been sleeping a lot better :thumbsup: he still has the odd wake up but he is so much easier to get back off now!! Fingers crossed it carries on going well ;)
We was over a & e again yesterday!!! Zachary decided to trip.. Completely miss the concrete all around him and just hit his head on the corner of his toy train!! :( was bleeding lots so took him straight over there, they cleaned him up and thankfully no stitches needed, they put steri strips on and they have got to stay on a few days to prevent infection, I swear I'm going to have to buy that boy a hard hat or something!!!!

Hope everyone else is well? xx

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "cheenab" (Jul 1st 2013, 7:41pm)

Net

Monday, July 1st 2013, 8:20pm

Oh bless Zachary! Hope he heals quickly . My nephew is at A and E just as much. Little boys huh!!

Lia didn't have the rice in the end. I decided to wait until her cold has gone. Took her swimming though and she loved that.

I think I have a blocked milk duct and it is soooo sore. Have been putting hot flannels on it and trying to get LO to feed lots. Ouchy!

Hi to all. Xxxx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Net

Monday, July 1st 2013, 8:21pm

Oh and by the way congrats on moving to a bed!! Glad Z took to it so well. X
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

cheenab

What's Up?

Monday, July 1st 2013, 9:28pm

Dp spoke to his mum earlier about Zachary and she said you've got to stop taking him to a & e they will end up ringing social services! What a nasty thing to say. Surely it's better that we are getting him checked out? We would never do anything to hurt him, he's only 14 months but apparently seems to think he's a lot older, always trying to do stuff he's to little to do but won't be told!!! I think that's such a horrible comment and its really made me feel so lousy!! :(

sasha146

What's Up?

Monday, July 1st 2013, 10:15pm

Hi girls

Net thanks for advice I've heard of those cups and my ds is good at drinking from a cup
With help, he's a big boy (22lbs) so I'm thinking semi skimmed milk would be ok coz he certainly doesn't need the fat lol, a blocked milk duct sounds sore hope it clears up quickly

Cheenab my ds is called Oliver or olly for short, your poor ds isn't having any luck, the crawling is going well but my nerves aren't coping, he has stated pulling up on things but doesn't have the common sense to hold on so we have had a lot of bumped heads in the last couple of days but I'm hoping that helps him to realise he needs two hands, my ds is only on 2 bottles and he's not great with the morning bottle so I'm going to persevere with the sippy cup in the morning and if he doesn't take it by mid morning then ill just offer water until the bedtime bottle and see how we get on.

My ds has just got his second back tooth :) poor wee soul is drooling everywhere and constantly biting me, he almost drew blood today lol

X
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Net

Tuesday, July 2nd 2013, 12:55am

Aw Sasha bless your DS with his teeth and ouch!!
Teething is such a nightmare isn't it. LO has been drooling for weeks and chewing her teething rings like crazy but no sign of teeth yet. She is quite young still though I guess.
I read again after I posted that it should definitely be full fat milk, something to do with vitamins and development?

LO was a cheeky monkey tonight and took forever to settle. Just giving her a dream feed now. Hoping she can clear this blockage by lots of feeding !! I cannot wait for her to start sleeping through a bit more but she's still only about 10.15lb now so a while before that happens I think!
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Net

Tuesday, July 2nd 2013, 12:59am

Cheenab just re read your post. What a horrid thing to say. Accidents happen especially with adventurous little boys. Try not to take it to heart, you know it's not true and you are just being a caring, loving mummy taking him to hospital. My second nephew was at accident and emergency two times in the space of three days a few months back. These things happen! Xx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Caraz

United Kingdom

Tuesday, July 2nd 2013, 10:48am

hi ladies

Well Niamh is 1 year and 2 days old - no longer a little baby :) ;( We had a lovely weekend, with a party with her baby group friends on Friday, and at her grandparents on Sunday, and the living room is still full of balloons :) Can't believe she is over a year old now.

She also took her first steps last week, just a couple of tottery ones towards me, but definite steps. She is standing all the time now, without holding onto anything, so she'll be off soon I think - which is scary because just crawling she will venture a long way away from us at the play park, so once she is toddling/running there'll be no stopping her!! I already have a harness on order :D

sasha I can't get dd to take cow's milk from a cup or beaker (she won't drink from sippy cups at all), although she will slurp it from her formula bottle. I'm not worrying for now, just working on reducing her afternoon ff (down from 180ml to 150ml now) and slowly increasing the amount of cow's milk in it (half and half yesterday). I'm aiming to have her off formula completely in a week or two - but she still has a breastfeed at bedtime. Once she's on cow's milk, I will try again with a beaker. She drinks water from a doidy no problems, but pushes it away if has milk in it - after pulling a disgusted face! She is on full-fat milk - it has to be full fat at this age, they really need all the nutrients and fat in it for their growth, no matter how big they are right now!!

cheenab - can't believe you have taken the side of Zachary's cot!! I'd be terrified of doing that, plus dd would be straight out I am sure. I think she'll be in her cot until at least 2. He sounds a bit accident prone like one of my friend's kids - she had the paramedics out to her twice before her first birthday, all fine though. That is a really stupid comment of your DP's mum - would she rather you just kept him at home with possible concussion or a fractured skull? Daft woman. Don't pay her any attention.

We are off now for her MMR jabs - I wasn't sure about taking her this week as she has been really snotty and grunty the past 3 weeks, but I'm sure it is just teething, and the gruntiness is from overproduction of mucous. She is fine in herself, no temperature or anything, so may as well get it done today! Followed by a trip to the park - she loves the swings :)

Have a good week everyone,

:cheeers:/
Caraz

Its a bab19 !

cheenab

What's Up?

Monday, July 8th 2013, 10:18pm

How is everyone getting on with this heat?!
Zachary has gone off his food a bit, but surprisingly he is trying more bits and bobs he didn't usually want, he ate nearly a whole pack of grapes earlier and ate lots of tomatoes!! This child is usually fussy when it comes to fruit etc so we was a little bit shocked!!! ;)
He's been in his big boy bed now for over a week and he has been sleeping brilliantly :thumbsup: I think he has a back tooth coming through as he is dribbling so much, but it doesn't seem to be bothering him to much thankfully.
He was so adorable this morning, dp had today off work and we was all laying in bed this morning kept saying to Zachary 'kisses' and he kept leaning over giving me a kiss on the lips then dp!! Was actually adorable :)
Hope the jabs wasn't to bad Caraz?

Hi to everyone xx

Reg: Aug 24th 2008

Children: 2 daughters

Monday, July 8th 2013, 10:25pm

Hi ladies - just thought i'd drop in and say hi :)

I cant quite believe almost a year has passed since my DD2 was born! The year has flown by! She still has her very chilled out, cruisy temperament and is a happy little soul which has perfectly balanced our family by complimenting our highly energetic, independent and strong willed DD1 (greatly reinforced the whole nature over nurture thing for me)

Net - just wanted to ask if it was a blocked duct and did you resolve the problem? I find that taking a warm shower and massaging the breast downwards helps but could it maybe be thrush? Hope she sleeps for you soon - not to scare you but my LO is almost 1 and still waking for a feed :S but im thinking because we're still co sleeping we disturb her....I think once she sleeps in her own cot or bed we might get a bit more sleep (not sure when that will happen but I sure will miss my little hot water bottle when she goes) :)

I hope everyone else is well :)
DH poor motility-Excellent SA following change in diet
BFP:26.09.08

Net

Tuesday, July 9th 2013, 1:04am

Hey everyone

Phew it's hot! Feeding Lia just now with fan on full blast. Gro egg has been red all week and its 24 degrees in here just now. Too hot! Ordered a 0.5 tog gro bag for LO as 1 tog too hot.

My blocked duct went thank you after warm flannels, massage and a 40 min feeding session from LO. All better now . I tried LO on baby rice which she seemed to like but she was quite sick about 20 minutes after so I think I'll give her another week or so then try again. Her tummy must be still tiny given her weight so maybe not quite ready for solids yet? Dud anyone else have similar issues when you started weaning?

LO giggled properly for the first time today. Melted my heart! She was laughing at the dog. So sweet.

How us everyone doing?

Xx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

sasha146

What's Up?

Tuesday, July 9th 2013, 1:36am

Hi girls

Hi net just missed you hope your back in bed.

Cheenab my ds has two back teeth already and the drooling is awful so much so he has a wee rash on his chest.

Well ds has decided to scream the place down at this time for the last few nights and I'm totally exhausted I've been on nights and didn't get home until 11am yesterday morning then was back up at half 2 to look after ds, this working carry on Is no use, my baby monitor is saying 26 at the mo
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

cheenab

What's Up?

Tuesday, July 9th 2013, 7:37pm

Ours keeps saying 27/28 the past couple of days :(

Have you got much planned for Ollys birthday Sasha? x

Net

Wednesday, July 10th 2013, 2:50am

Oh Sasha you must be exhausted. Hope LO sleeps through again soon. When is he 1?

Xx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

sasha146

What's Up?

Wednesday, July 10th 2013, 8:24am

Hi girls

Chenab - I've just hired a wee room at our local soft play, I have a lot of children in my family, too many to have in my house at the one time lol so decided just to hire the room and they get 2 hours in the soft play and something to eat.

Net - he will be 1 on 21st July, can't believe it it has been the quickest year of my life, I'm really loving this stage my ds makes me laugh so much he's a character.

My ds has discovered he can drink really well from a straw, I always have a small cartoon of orange juice in the morning but now ds wants it, I'm a great believer in everything in moderation but I'm aware orange juice has lots of sugar in it, does anyone no if u can get water or something with a lot less sugar in cartons?

Also my ds has started to undo the poppers on his sleeping bag then crawls out of it, I put it on back to front last night any other suggestions?

How is everyone coping with the heat? I love the sun but its so hard to sleep

X
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

cheenab

What's Up?

Wednesday, July 10th 2013, 3:38pm

Zachary has juice cups with built in straws, they had some Disney ones in the morrisons baby event the other week I got quite a few he loves them x

Reg: Jun 1st 2012

Children: one beautiful daughter thank u and 4 angels in heaven

Saturday, July 13th 2013, 9:29pm

Hey ladies
Remember me? I see some familiar names net etc how's everyone doing? Amelia is now 21 weeks old can't believe where the last 5 months went.
Now that I have 5 mins to myself I wanted to ask a few things if possible what time does ur lo go down for the night- I am blessed with a child who fights sleep constantly and only cat naps during theday for like 15 mins roughly 3 times a day it's 9pm before she goes to bed and she still wakes for drinks and a bottle at 5 am and rarely will go back to sleep after this til around 9.30 needless to say slightly sleep deprived . I have tried everything any suggestions . She is only allowed one bath a week as she has eczema and too many baths dry out her skin I also try to wind her down by reading and singing to her but I dunno maybe it's me being to hyper and she plays on that . I was at a hen party last week and they all basically ganged up saying it's wild she isn't sleeping all night yet yet and that give her water instead of bottle in the night and shell soon learn not to wake sounded so cruel and I felt like i was a crap crap mum.

As well she has a bad teething rash in her chin from all the drooling I use cotton wool and cooled water regularly to keep it clean and sudocream on it but it ain't helping
Soz for going on and on

Net

Sunday, July 14th 2013, 3:19am

Hey Cleo my pregnancy buddy!! Good to hear from you. Firstly you are NOT being a crap mum, don't be hard on yourself. It must be really tough to have a baby who cat naps like that. My LO is a really random napper, we don't have a set nap schedule but its roughly three naps a day, one about an hour after she wakes up for about 20 minutes, one just before lunch for anything from 15 mins to 2 hours and then one between 3 and 5 pm for about 30 minutes. Sometimes she fights that last nap and crashes at 5.30 which is a nightmare as then she won't go down to bed until gone 8. Bedtime can be anything from 6 pm to 10 pm! I just cannot seem to get her to go to bed at a regular time either, so if you're crap so am I ha ha!!

My LO is still exclusively breast fed so she'll still have one or two feeds in the night too. She won't take a bottle the little minx so can't give her water that way but she is getting used to a doidy cup in the daytime now. Your LO will need night time feeds still I would say but then again my LO is tiny between the second and 0.4th centile and only just 11.4lb so she probably needs more night feeds than some 5 month olds.

The one thing I have found really good is a Ewan the sleep sheep off amazon. It plays white noise and we always click it on when we put her in her cot so now she knows the sheep = sleep!

Great to hear from you, sorry my advice isn't that brilliant and good luck.

Hi everyone else too, Sasha not long to DS birthday!! Hi Caraz and Cheenab, Lucy and anyone I have missed xxx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Net

Sunday, July 14th 2013, 3:23am

Oh and have you tried Vaseline for the rash? I think it's meant to help provide a barrier
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Sunday, July 14th 2013, 8:30am

She thanks net it advice is great anything is welcome. I am trying tough love for the naps when i see her starting to rub eyes I put her in cot she doesn't like it but I need her to learn to nap in the day cuz night time is a mare to say the least and when she is over tired she is hard work.
I started spoonfeeding her as well she gets breakfast at 8am with with a cup of water then a 7oz bottle now and dinner around 4 only just introduced second feed. Amelia is a bruiser now for a 7lb 4 baby at birth she us now 16lb lol loves the grub.

I put Amelia to bed earlier last night at 7 after her bottle she slept til 4 got up for 4oz and slept til 6 maybe this is a sign if things to come please god

Good advice net I started using lanolin (spare nipple cream) lol and its working a treat.

Next question when do u introduce bicyclists and walkers lol ?o(

Sunday, July 14th 2013, 8:35am

Meant highchairs and walkers dam predictive text. And just to clarify she does get more than one bottle she drinks 5 7oz bottles a day too lol z looked like I was starving her in last message lol z (8 o)

4 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

4 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE