You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 10 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Sarah1983" started this thread

Reg: May 29th 2013

Children: 2 boys aged 6 and 7 from my previous marriage

Wednesday, May 29th 2013, 2:59pm

Help!!! am going out of my mind

Hi, im new to this forum but im in need of support from people going through the same kind of experiences as myself.
Yesterday i went for my hycosy appointment and following the ultrasound they refused to do the dye test. They found my L fallopian tube to be very swollen and inflammed, (they said this could be due to a number of reasons) and they want me to go in for a laparoscopy to see how badly damaged this is, although they are looking to remove the tube due to its damaged state. The doctor has said that they may have to remove my R tube aswell as although on the ultrasound it looks ok it still might be showing signs as the L is and will also need to be removed. I feel so scared and overwhelmed that i may be going into the laparoscopy and end up with no fallopian tubes as they would remove them there and then. I have just recently turned 30 and have 2 children already from my previous marriage but my partner and i have been trying unsuccessfully for around 3 years now (now we know why as the doc said that the fluid leaking from the inflammation is upsetting my hormone levels and will stop me from conceiving). i do not know what to expect and how to feel as all i ever wanted was a baby with my partner. He honestly does not seem bothered and is making me feel guilty for being so upset over the possibility of loosing both my tubes. Because we both have children we are not eligible for treatment through the NHS and if both of my tubes are removed it would IVF which we would be able to afford on our own. I feel so utterly alone and scared with no support whatsoever............any guidance or comments would be greatly appreciated xx

Reg: Oct 31st 2011

Wednesday, May 29th 2013, 5:14pm

I didn't want yo read and run. I don't know whether this helps but I had my left tube removed and a dye test on my right and turned out that was damaged to. I found as soon as I was told ivf was the only route I could take it gave me something to focus and save for. I did take time to accept that I would never conceive naturally As it is a bit like a greving process you have to go through. but it is important to find someone to talk to if you are struggling to talk to your dh. The ladies on here are fab and you can rant whenever you like.

Sorry if I have waffled on

Tube Ectopic Right tube removed :bawl: Miscarriage :bawl:
April 2012 1st IVF attempt :BFN: July FET 2012 :BFP: Heart beat seen 6 +
Henri Owen William born 6/3/13 baby7

Wednesday, May 29th 2013, 7:40pm

Thankyou Lucyloo, even though it is daunting knowing that the possibility is very high for the removal of both my tubes, i feel so very much alone on all this, not many dnt seem to grasp the fact that i could be going in just for a laparoscopy and may end up waking up with neither or just one of my tubes. i am very very scared, even more so as i only have a very small network of friends and my family seem undaunted by it all and are 200 miles away, so i do feel very much alone in all this. i am trying to bring myself to terms that i may be leaving the hospital minus my tubes and that scares the hell out of me.
i feel like my partner isnt interested at all, or doesnt understand as he wants to stay hopeful but it is putting huge strain on us, and at the mo we're not even talking because of it. Ive so many things going through my head and i honestly just want to bury my head in the sand and pretend all this isnt happening but i cant stop crying
xx

Curlytails

GLOBAL MODERATOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Apr 18th 2010

Children: One gorgeous boy

What's Up?
:)

Wednesday, May 29th 2013, 7:45pm

You have found the right place to talk about your worries. I can only imagine how scared you may be but don't lose all hope.

Men are useless (well a lot of them are) at dealing with infertility and sometimes I think their defence mechanism is to act as though they aren't bothered. In the 7 years it took me to concieve my DH often acted as though he didn't really care. It was his way of protecting me , when all I wanted was reassurance.

I'm not sure whether you have heard of egg donation but it may be an option for IVF.

Good Luck xx

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
3 x MMC, 3 x :BFN:, 1 x failed thaw
Two gorgeous boys.

Wednesday, May 29th 2013, 8:10pm

Thankyou Curlytails, i honestly do feel like i fighting a loosing battle, especially with the doctor saying theres only a slim chance of being left with a tube.
Yes ive heard of egg sharing/ donation but i do not have all the facts, although i have briefly looked at it. I soon stopped when my partner declared that IVF treatment was un-natural and it isnt something he would want to do. Now if his mind will change im not sure. But at the present moment he isnt even coming with me to have my laparoscopy and the removal of my left tube, so i am truly alone on this one
xx