You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "LilMissBossy" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Jan 24th 2012

Children: 1 GORGEOUS Baby Girl and one due in December

What's Up?
My O.H proposed ....I'm getting married!!!!!!
wedding2

Sunday, April 14th 2013, 1:20am

Advice needed from cloth bum mums.....

Hey ladies

I am using cloth/ reusable napppies and have a question. I have been told to wash the nappies, boosters and liners in non bio, on a 40 degree wash, with no fabric softner and then to line dry.

Now I do not have a garden, so must resort to drying them on the radiator. A clothes horse will not dry them quickly enough as I need them daily as you will understand. Here comes problem number 2... I only have 1 radiator that i am able to use to dry the nappies because the others are in bathroom or not accessible for varios reasons. (I live in a tiny house so there are actually 3 radiators in the whole house.) Anyway.. I am rabbiting.... the question I have is... do any of you tumble dry your nappies? Or just liners? Or just liners and boosters? Is it a huge nono? What will happen if i used the dryer? HELP!
1st IVF Cycle @ CRM London :BFP:
2nd IVF Cycle @ CRM London :BFP:

Net

Reg: Apr 10th 2010

Children: Two beautiful daughtersr - thank you Guys hospital

Sunday, April 14th 2013, 7:17am

Good for you on using reuse able nappies. I'd like to do this when LObis older. What material are they made of? Anything cottony should be fine but if anything is plastic etc I would avoid the dryer. The dryer might reduce the absorbency I guess? Sorry I'm not much help. Can you use a low heat setting? That might be ok then finish them on a radiator or clothes dryer?
NET

ICSI Feb 2011-:BFP: m/c
FET Aug11 & Nov 11 - cancelled pre ET
FET May 2012- :BFP:
DD born Feb 2013
FET Feb 2015 :BFP:
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

1 registered user thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

LilMissBossy (29.05.2013)

Rene

Lone wolf

South Africa

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Children: one gorgeous boy

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental
and I know I have Attitude

Sunday, April 14th 2013, 8:39am

Hi, Hun
The reason that line drying is advised is that sunlight provides
a) a natural way to bleach the nappies back to being as white as possible and
b) a natural way to kill off any thrush or other bugs that might be hiding in the cloth.

If they dry ok on the radiator there is no reason that they would not dry ok in the dryer but the key is to give the nappies some time in the sun to reduce the chances of LO developing a nappy rash

PCOS, hypothyroid - on thyroxine, aspirin and Met
Lap/Ovarian Drilling Oct 2005
DIUI X5 + 2 abandoned cycles (total 7 cycles)
:BFP: 22 March 2006 - Connor Born 24 November 2006 - unplanned c-section
At 3 and a half C finally gave up the boob!

mrsjasper

Megastar

Reg: Nov 2nd 2005

Children: 2 gorgeous girls

Wednesday, April 17th 2013, 10:37pm

Hi there,
It's a while since I used my cloth nappies but I seem to remember that heat damages the elastic, so putting them in the tumble drier on a low heat now and again won't do too much harm but if you want to use them for subsequent babies or sell them, then it might reduce their lifespan. The same applies to drying on a radiator though, so in your position I would air dry away from the radiator overnight and finish off in the drier for 20 mins or so. You could also pick up a few square nappies to use when you've run out of the others, because they are flat they dry really quickly and because they ave no elastic you can dry them wherever you like.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE