You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: May 28th 2009

Wednesday, January 16th 2013, 8:39pm

Buzzbee - the check is done before they are 2.5 years. Re: miles . they were a Christmas gift from my sister in Australia.

Ag - hope the pregnancy gets better for you. Have you had your iron levels checked?

Wednesday, January 16th 2013, 8:48pm

Sorry. Meant Nikes not miles.

Reg: Nov 29th 2010

Wednesday, January 16th 2013, 8:55pm

OMG - just logged on and couldn't understand how we'd got on to the next page already.
HUGE Congrats Buzzbee - so thrilled for you - really made me chuckle!
Not least because you lot (Buzz, Eliz, AG) don't know what your in for with 2!! No, it's great....but it is very knackering. No time to do anything. But it is only in the first months - things are slowing getting a bit easier with Edie now. You're gonna have all the dilema's of double buggies as well.
So, early days for you all as well....but what will you do re childcare when new arrivals come? will you put the 1st in childcare so you can have time with babies?
I must admit - I am jelous of all of you - even though I've said it's hard - you all know it's wort it. Makes me think about trying myself again. But would have to be IVF for me and that means money.
Well, hope you're all OK and there's not too much sickness - TBH the pregnancy bit puts me off as mine was pretty awful - so hope you all have trouble free ones xx

1 registered user thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Buzzbee (18.01.2013)

Reg: Jul 15th 2009

Children: one perfect little girl

Wednesday, January 16th 2013, 9:24pm

OMG .....OMG.......OMG......buzzbeeeeeeeeeee wowzers!!! So so happy for you

:congrats:

I can't believe it ...I only logged on for a nosy.....supposed to be watching OBEM but just had to say congrats on here first....

Well there seems to be a baby boom in here...lol.

Well I'm jel...lol.....I've told dh were are getting on it...ha! Only kiddin.....I'm like NH and its a male factor infertility with us so tbh I won't be any more fertile than before pregnant.

Awwww.....sooooo happy for buzzbee :party:

blowkiss

1st ICSI :BFN: ;(
2nd ICSI :BFP: happydance

Buzzbee (18.01.2013)

taxihome

United Kingdom

Thursday, January 17th 2013, 10:06am

Baby Boom or what! Congrats to those who are Newley preggers again.
I can't possibly catch up on all that I have missed but I have had a general reccie.

I would love a natural miracle but I doubt it will happen with probs on both sides.
I am going to be a Nonny again though. :) Found out yesterday so a big fat thrill of excitement from me. Tbis is the very next best thing to having another myself. Cause they are mine too :)

Anyhoo I shall try to be a better threader here and post more.

Love to you all and congrats to those again.
X

[zx071]
2 x man boys -MC,Ectopic IVF x 4 Natural BFP/Born sleeping 22/WksRIP LO
Jan/11:ICSI:BFP: bab21 [zx115] Our dream has finally come true
MY DIARY

Buzzbee (18.01.2013)

Reg: Oct 19th 2009

Friday, January 18th 2013, 1:33pm

Hi Ladies,

just popping on for a quick OMG OMG OMG :party: :party: :party: :party:

:congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

Buzzbee, that is AMAZING!!!! am so happy for you.

I will read more and post more over the weekend, hope everyone stays warm and doesn't get stuck in the snow!

xxx
Anna
2nd ICIS Jan 2011 :BFP:

Buzzbee (18.01.2013)

Buzzbee

• "Buzzbee" started this thread

Reg: Apr 14th 2009

Children: A son and daughter - our family is complete :)

What's Up?
Absolutely love being a mum of 2 but OMG it is hard work and very tiring! Wouldn't change it for the world though :)

Friday, January 18th 2013, 2:38pm

Thanks ladies. Still not sunk in. The nausea has kicked in already :puke: . Forgotten how yucky it makes you feel. Willing to put up with it though if it means it's a good sign xfingers Booked a private scan for a couple of weeks so won't relax properly until then - well I probably won't ever relax but you know what I mean!

Got N's date for his MRI scan - 6 Feb. Unfortunately, I can't go in the room with him now but he'll be sedated so probably won't realise if I'm there or not anyway. DH can stay with him. I'll just wait outside hoping and praying that all is fine.

Not had much snow near us. How is it for everyone else? Hope you all have a lovely weekend anyway. Will you be taking your LOs out in the snow? We got a sledge to pull N along although we probably have about 3mm if that! Was hoping for more so N could see it properly for the first time.
An almost 4 year old son and a 21 month old daughter :)

Reg: Dec 6th 2010

Friday, January 18th 2013, 2:57pm

Buzzer you should be able to go in with him unless the hospital has a total blank on any pregnant woman in any scans. The MRI scan is fine as there's no radiation. Depends on how strict they are.

Buzzbee

What's Up?
Absolutely love being a mum of 2 but OMG it is hard work and very tiring! Wouldn't change it for the world though :)

Friday, January 18th 2013, 6:55pm

Well the leaflet they have sent talks about risks and says it can dangerous to go into the scan room if any of the following apply - pregnancy, heart pacemaker, surgical clips etc. I remember when he had his CT scan the guy asked me if I was pregnant and I said no. Think I'll leave it if it says this as me being a born worrier will just worry it's not OK LOL! He'll be sedated anyway so as long as I am there when he wakes up (hopefully in another room) then that's fine.

Friday, January 18th 2013, 7:23pm

No you wouldn't be able to go anywhere near a ct scanner as loads of radiation. But really none with MRI. They even use MRI to scan pregnant ladies. The pictures of the babies inside are mad!! And you really wouldn't want to go in an MRI scanner with metal clips or a pacemaker!!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Elizmac" (Jan 18th 2013, 7:24pm)

Buzzbee

What's Up?

Friday, January 18th 2013, 7:28pm

Is the MRI scanner one of those that is like a tube that your whole body goes in? They may say I can go in, even though the leaflet suggests otherwise but I really do worry over a lot of things, often unecessary, so will probably just wait outside.

When he had the CT scan he made us wear these lead coats. They were so heavy. He slept through that bless him he was that shattered from the days events.

Friday, January 18th 2013, 8:44pm

Yup the MRI is a tube and the ct a polo mint! Cts have a lot of radiation hence the lead coat! I remember when I was doing surgical training having to wear those lead costs for 4-6 hours in theatre when they were x raying things. God it was hideous!!
Tbh he will be in and out in seconds so you won't miss much!!

Oh random question. Do any of you have table chair clamps that you use on stone work tops?
I was debating putting one on our new stone/resin breakfast bar but a bit worried it would snap the end off!!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Elizmac" (Jan 18th 2013, 8:45pm)

Friday, January 18th 2013, 9:50pm

Well how dissapointing has the snow been? None here this morning - was hoping for a school closure!! It is snowing now though - but only lighly.
So, how are all you pregnant ladies? Buzzbee - sorry to hear you're feeling sick (good sign though eh?!). were you quite sick last time? I think I remember us both being really sick actually - I'm sure it was you. Cos I remember chatting on here about sickness and ours seemed to go on for quite a long time (mine up to 18 weeks and yours not quite as long). hope it's not that bad this time. AG - hope you're feeling better now as well. And Elizmac - any sickness?
well it's pregnancies everywhere. DP's sister (who has done IUI and then IVF x 3 without success) is now pregnant we found out yest - 16 weeks. She was in a relationship with a woman a while back and they split up and she did 1 more IVF on her own. Then she got with a bloke (to get pregnant although she's not admitting that) and well, now she is. Funny cos it's happened naturally after a couple of months of seeing him whereas, the IVF wasn't working even when they put 3 embryo's back in - she's 41.

Anyway, off to bed early as usual - last night wasn't such a good night so need to catch up with some sleep xx

Buzzbee

What's Up?

Saturday, January 19th 2013, 8:02am

Liz - I don't know why but I assumed he'd be in the MRI scan for about an hour, hence the sedation to keep him still. Well he'd still need sedation for a few seconds LOL! I hope it isn't that long so that's good.

Sorry, can't help with the clamp chairs, I just got a cheap blue one from Argos that attaches to our dining chair and it's been great. He loves sitting at the table with us. We'be thrown out the high chair actually - not thinking we'd need it again - oops! Well it did have a rip in it so I would probably buy a new one anyway all being well.

Rocky - yeah I had sickness up until about 17 weeks with N. I was only sick a few times but it was the feeling constantly sick that wasn't nice. It is exactly like that. In fact I have been back in my diary to check on how I was with N and the symptoms are very much the same. Decided I'll start posting back in my diary and chat about the pregnancy in there rather than in this thread. Will save this thread for N as will still be wanting lots of advice and chit chat in here :)

Wow to your DP's sister. Does she like the guy and plan to stay with him now? Hope it works out for them. How are Harry and Edie? Is it getting easier as she gets older? How's their sleep?

So N has took a right tumble this morning and cracked his haed on the inside door of the freezer - desperate for me to get the bread out to make toast LOL! He has a mark and I reckon it will bruise. Bless his cotton socks. He screamed the house down too - but still didn't manage to wake up DH - funny how they can sleep though anything eh?!

Had a bad night too with N. Well he wasn't crying or anything but at 2:30am he woke up and he was sat up whinging so I went in to lie him back down and was hit by the smell of sick. He had thrown up all over his cot!! Poor thing. We cleaned him, changed the bedding, put on clean PJ's and then gave him some Calpol and water and a bit of milk - big mistake!! He was sick again half an hour later because of the milk!! So we put him in the bath as he had it all in his hair and everything and then I decided to sit downstairs with him for a bit as he was very much awake after his bath. He seems fine though and doesn't have a temp so not sure why he was sick. Yesterday in nursery he had been doing stuff with glitter as it was all over his face, and the day before paint. I'm sure he will try and eat some of it as he does if we do drawing or stuff at home. I wonder if it has unsettled his belly? Will keep an eye on him anyway but he seems chirpy this morning.

DH is planning to take him out today to play in what little snow we have. He is hoping to build a snowman but I doubt he will as it really is only a cm or so.

Is the snow bad for those who live down South? What's it like up in Scotland Liz?

Hope you all have a lovely weekend anyway. xx

Saturday, January 19th 2013, 10:10am

We have no snow either anymore. A tiny bit left but not much boo!
I've not felt to bad actually just that hideous overwhelming exhaustion! Oh and my already horrid enormous boobs are even more massive!
I was sick til 21 weeks last time!! It didn't start til 8-9 weeks. I'm trying not to think about it!

I hadn't thought re high chairs really. Ross has a stokke tri trap and its amazing. He can sit at the table with us or have a tray so he'll be keeping that! I've ordered a clamp for the breakfast bar so hope that will be fine and planning to use clamp for new baby instead of cluttering up the house with two high chairs, but the trip trap is so good I bet I find myself getting another so they both can sit at the table. They can then use them as desk seats in their rooms when they are a bit older. I remember dh having a fit at the cost but I reckon they will last forever!

We are attempting to lay our floor today with Ross in his play pen!! Ha ha I hear you say! Well indeed. Managed 20 mins lol he has a toy hammer and is trying to help now bless him. Every time we put a new bit down he goes oooooooooh.

I got my first hug yesterday!! He ran up to me with open arms and gave me a massive cuddle and a snog!! I was quite touched. He hasn't done it again though!

How is the potty training going nh or is that starting this week coming??

How's Harry's sleeping now rocky? Did he just sort himself out??

Hi boo boo and chilli. Love r in the snow!!

Saturday, January 19th 2013, 10:27am

Yeh, the snow here is the same Buzzbee. Looks nice though. Poor Nathan - wonder why he was so sick in the night. At least he seems OK now. It's awful when they bump their head isn't it. Harry does it too and it makes me feel really bad - but you can't stop them.

Elizmac - yes the sickness is terrible when it starts - not something to look forward to. Harry's sleep is better - but we have mixed nights. Usually he will stay settled until 5/6ish and then he wakes and has a moan and he needs a bit of reassurance. I have to say though.....I have a bad habit that has now developed......I sleep with harry in the back bedroom. Really because he wouldn't settle in the cot on his own - so it was easier. Now there doesn't seem much point trying the cot as they will be having the sides taken off soon enough anyway. So, the problem is - I now have to sleep with him as I couldn't leave him in a bed on his own yet as he could fall out - he moves about so much. So as long as I'm there it's OK. And i don't really mind - but hope that at some point I will be able to leave him. Obviously I leave him from 8pm until I go to bed (it's a low down sofa bed) but he doesn't move much in the first part of the night. For day naps I have to rock him a bit. So it's not ideal - but the only way I've found of coping.

Anyway, hope you're all OK.xx

Reg: Oct 4th 2012

Sunday, January 20th 2013, 3:01pm

Hi Ladies

I love the natter it is great, cant reply to everyone but just wanted to say hello and glad everyone is fine

AG Again I am sorry to hear of your friend in Norway have been reading the posts, didn't really want to reply earlier sometimes a person just needs the space to think especially with everything that is going on in your life right now. I sincerely hope for the best for her and send her my blessings.

As for having two children AG and Liz all the best and good luck to family life may it long carry on!!!!!

Buzzbee just wanted to mention regarding your comment earlier on about DH leaving change on the table and the little one swallowing it. Can I just say my little one (this is going back some years, I think she was about 2 and a half at the time, actually swallowed a pound coin, not a penny but a flippin pound coin.

Worse still my little one never told me.

When she finally did the poor thing was as white as a sheet and I knew something was wrong so I asked her to which she told me she had swallowed a coin.

I nearly died when she told me I can tell you - we went to the doctor and guess what he was as calm as a cucumber which made we feel even more sick. Anyone cutting a long story short he told us that she would pass it through and sure enough on the second day I saw something shiny in her pooh and it was the pound coin!!! I never felt such relief as I did when I saw it at the bottom of the toilet.

I was actually having nightmares thinking how the hell would it pass through her little intestines, then her stomach, worst still it would rupture her insides but she was ok. It is when she told me she thought she was going to get into trouble and then she thought she was going to die that my heart really churned. :-(

How she did it - she said she had been playing with it and throwing it up and down in the air !!!!!!!

Anyway, I do sincerely hope everyone is good in their lives and good luck to all you ladies doing up the house I don't think DH is going to have much rest.

Love and hugs xxxxxx :)
:)

Reg: Oct 19th 2009

Sunday, January 20th 2013, 8:35pm

Hey everyone,

Hope you have all had lovely weekends, down in London we had SO MUCH SNOW!!!!! xmas69 xmas69 it has been amazing, pretty much snowed all weekend, we got a sledge and i had to try to find a snowsuit for Molly even though so many shops are now stocking spring & summer ranges which was really really annoying, managed to get one at the 7th shop i tried, and it was a charity shop which was a blessing as i bet shell only wear it the next few days as it will probably all melt. We've been out in the snow loads, Mollys looking like a cross between a michelin baby and an cute little arctic explorer. she got so cold though and her hands went blue so had to cut it short after a few hours. photos will follow on FB soon :)

So how is everyone? i still can't get over the natural PGs on here, i like Boo Boo & NH have male factor so it's not an option for us either..... feeling a teeny bit jealous but so excited for you all. will pop into your diary Buzzbee to see how it's all going.

Liz - your house rennovations sound intense, what are you doing to it? are you doing it all yourself?

Rocky - glad that Harry 's sleep is bette, how is Edie doing? how old is she now? do you think you will do another IVF one day?

Buzzbee - poor little N and poor you, you guys must all be exhausted! esp in your condition ;) is he any better now? soudns like you are getting lots of good scan advice from Elizmac, i had a MRI once and was in there about 30 mins per knee and it soudned like a road digger, really bloody loud!

Taxi - congratulations on being a nonny again, what lovely news! is that a sibling for V & W?

Boo Boo - rant away! me & DH bicker so much more now, not really about house stuff as he does his fair share (although can i just say our house is like a chiense laundry, today i have just put on the 4th load!!!) it's more i just find him more annoying these days and not as loveable as i used to find him, that sounds awful doesn't it, i think it has to do with now working with him and seeing his "boss" side and taking it more personally than i should, tbh I am not sure it is the best idea, but i doubt i would find a 2 day a week post anywhere else..... also. it's all relative as I love Molly so much and find her so much cuter lol than him lol

NH - how is your cold now? hope you are better, have you been running in this snow? well done to Lily for passing her MOT with flying colours ;o) and again, surely a 2 year old doesn't dress themselves do they??

Hi to Chilli, AG, Infertility & Anyone I have missed, hope you are all having a lovely weekend,

Molly is a lot better now, she was really poorly last week with it peaking on Tuesday went to get her up for nursery and she was all floppy, absolutely burning hot, had a temp of 40 and raspy breath etc, we were so worried, managed to get an emergency Docs appointment although not till midday, but luckily her temp came down as the day went on and wejust kept dosing her up with calpol, there were no obvious infection signs so the doc asked us to get a urine sample - lots of suggestions how but in the end she was so much better by Weds that we didn't bother with it. she is pretty much back to normal now but it has taken a week.

anyway, i am off to try to upload my snow pics now.

chat soon

xxx
Anna
2nd ICIS Jan 2011 :BFP:

Sunday, January 20th 2013, 9:00pm

Hi all - just a quick post as I am still not feeling 100% and am going to have an early night.

Like Anna (as we live about an hour apart I think) - loads of snow here. Work on Friday was a nightmare. Doing the communications for a local authority means that I had to get in early, stay late and repeat 100 times, "yes we are gritting, all schools are closing at lunchtime, yes we are gritting, yes we will use the snow ploughs if the snow gets deep enough, yes we are gritting, yes we have enough road salt, yes we are gritting..." ARGH! The only good thing about it is that I am not the person on call this weekend, so once I left the office I could just forget about it.

The weekend was about getting out in the snow and while Lily loved it, she is a very clean child, so didn't touch it. The dog on the other hand LOVES snow - considering that he is part husky, I shouldn't be surprised.

As said above, I am still ill but getting better. Went to the doctor's on Thursday as my asthma is really bad as a result. I also had the suspicion that it was more than a cold (considering it had been going on for 2+ weeks and I was not getting better) and the dr said it is siniusitis (sp?) and I have been given antibiotics. Definitely gettin better but still not there yet. So Anna, no I haven't been running. I have done a couple of aerobic DVDs at home though to do something. The diet though has suffered a little this week, I'll make sure I get back to being strict from tomorrow.

And Elizmac - potty training is next weekend. Yikes!

Sorry for lack of personals but I'm shattered. Night all.

Sunday, January 20th 2013, 9:33pm

Yikes indeed. Was just chuckling as Ross peed all over the floor and down his leg today. Then just shook his leg like a dog and ran away!! Think we are a long way off!

Reg: Aug 12th 2010

What's Up?
(",)

Sunday, January 20th 2013, 11:08pm

Hi everyone, thought I'd better post as I'm getting out of the loop again.

Anna - good to hear that M is better again. A temp of 40? Blimey, I'd've been in a right state. The highest R's has gone is 39.9. The 40 would send me into a panic. I laughed at your description on a baby Michelin man...they look huge in snow suits don't they! R is a daddy's girl too. Sometimes she won't come to me or wriggles away from me towards her dad. And she went through a phase of hitting me, but not her dad. It does upset me, especially if I've been In work and she doesn't want to spend anytime with me when I get home. In work, I have a couple of colleagues who have daughters, and they said that their girls have become mummies girls as they've gotten older.

Booboo - well, well, at last your mum has come round to your way of thinking. I, like Buzzbee said, do wonder what your SIL will be like once the LO is here. Saying that though, my DH's 21 yr old cousin has a LO a few months ago and she's back on the boozy nights already. The most I'll have is a couple of glasses if I know I've got to get up with R. Loved the hat that L is wearing on her sledge.

Taxi - well hello there! A nonny to be - how exciting! I was going to ask, which of your boys is going to be a new dad?

AG - I hope you're feeling ok. Lovely news that you've been asked to be a godmother, what an honour.

Buzzbee - how's N's head? And I hope he is better after his poorly sick night. Was it just the once he was sick? R likes to drink her bath water out the cup I use to rinse her hair. I suppose its a good way for her to practice using an open cup!

NH - by the sounds of it, your boss is back from maternity. I hope that the pressure has eased at work. Let us know how the potty training goes. R tells me that she's had a poo each time she breaks wind, which is quite funny really! I'm waiting for her to say it in the supermarket queue :snigger.

Rocky - we're having trouble with R sleeping again. She was going sleeping through until we moved house. Now she's waking once a night, I'm having to respond to her right away because the neighbours can hear her. In our last house we had thick walls, so her crying only woke us. She might be teething, as she's drooling and bites her fingers. But she won't let me feel her gums for new teeth. I'm at a bit of a loss to know what to do, to be honest. Just as I thought she was sleeping through.

Elizmac - I laughed at R helping you with the tiling. A few days ago I was putting some stones down as a floor covering (bit of a project) and then all of sudden, R appears and starts pick up stones and puts them in the tile adhesive i had on the floor - we got a bit messy. I really thought that Peppa Pig on the iPad for 15 mins would buy me some time but no. I'm trying to teach R to blow bubbles in the bath but she hasn't got the hang of it yet.

Lovely to hear about all the surprise natural BFP's too. We've got male factor here too, so there will no more babies for us without ICSI. Having another one would be brilliant, but I don't think we will.

R is going to nursery again. DH has gone back to work after a bit of time being a full time dad, so R is back in childcare. He's having to do the settling in sessions at the new nursery (we moved house, so needed to find a new one). R is very clingy towards him (proper daddy's girl she is!), and gets upset when he leaves, which upsets him too. R is getting good with using cutlery, and can eat runny soup of a spoon without spilling much. Last time I posted she was getting herself down stairs by sliding on her tummy. Well, now, she wants to walk down while holding onto the bannister. I had a right fright as I was half way down the stairs and looked around expecting her to slide past my feet, but she was hanging onto the bannister with one hand, doll in the other, carefully stepping down!

Wrap up warm lovelies!
Aug/Sept 2010 ICSI :BFP: :girl:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "chillimint" (Jan 20th 2013, 11:15pm)

Monday, January 21st 2013, 8:47pm

I'm trying to make a conscious effort to come on a little more often as I always come on and can't keep up with all that is happening!

Chilli - Hope R settles in nursery soon. She sounds very clever at getting down the stairs. N is like a little whirlwind and would be parachuting off the top without a parachute if I left her to it!!

Liz - we're a long way off potty training too! I'm going to order the Tripp trap for N as I'll need the highchair for LO. They are fab!

NH - hope you feel better soon. Not nice. Hope you are keeping cosy.

Anna - I'm jealous of all the snow! We do have snow, but not enough for sledging. It is a bitterly cold -12 and the water outside our house has frozen solid. People have been ice skating on it!

Welcome Infertility BD!

rocky - glad Harry's sleep is getting better!

taxi - congratulations! Lovely news!

Buzzbee - Hope everything goes ok with the MRI. I went with my sister when her LO needed to get one. They thought she had MS, but thank goodness she didn't. Turned out her eyesight was really bad and was affecting the muscles surrounding the eye. I was totally fine, she was knocked out too and it was all over very quickly.

AFM - Feeling SOOO much better. Thank goodness. Still sick once in the morning and changing dirty nappies, but I can cope because I've been feeling so much better overall. Had N at Play group today, she's not been for a while and was sky high going in - so cute! She had a ball and we took a long walk home which was nice. We' re really busy trying to sort the house here and decide whether to sell up or rent. Speaking to all the agents who are all trying to persuade us to go with them, but not sure what we'll do. A luxury dilemma as my friend would say! Hope you are all well! Oh yes was going to ask about cars as we need to purchase when we get back and are starting to think about what our needs are? If you drive and have a car what do you all drive? Would you recommend or not? Good boot size etc? Xxx

Reg: Jul 15th 2009

Children: one perfect little girl

Monday, January 21st 2013, 10:48pm

H ladies....

Was laughing at your dh rants.....sooooo glad it's not just me. I think Anna hit the nail on the head saying 'its all relative'..... I suppose it as as before L dh was my world but now L is.....dh is actually my second fave person in the world though so he's still in good ranking...lol. But I have never loved anyone as intensely and deep as I love L. My mum once told me when I had a baby I would love my baby more than her....at the time me and my mum were close and I thought I'd love my baby the same as my mum but now I have had L I kind of know what she meant...L depends on me, needs me and depended on me for survival, they are not just our babies but they are vulnerable too so that's why a mothers love is what it is :-)) .... So back to dh...he actually bought me flowers and apologised and there was something else on his mind so I'll let him off abit..ha. But as for the house works that still gets my goat sometimes. Married life is much harder with a baby cos u have to make decisions you both agree on about bringing up a child and u have much less time together as a couple just as free fun time. But I always feel torn that I need to be there for L as she is still very dependant on me...so for now we spend more time as a three and little just me and dh....(apart form date nights at home) but in time I'm sure we'll get more quality time together ...

Infertility bd- omg....can't believe your lo ate a pound coin!!, i bet you were so worried!!!

Anna- so u actually work for your hubby eh? Sounds like a good arrangement for doing just the 2 work days but I see what u mean about him been your boss..lol. As long as your the boss at home...lolol... Re the snow suit.... I got L's a couple of weeks ago when I saw it in primark for £12...I thought bargain as I was unsure whether she'd get any wear out of it...I'm glad I bought it now cos they are really expensive in Next ect and like u say I bet the snow melts after a week..ha.

Buzzbee- hope ur well Hun. I've seen you have gone ack to your diary....I will try and bob in and see how u are getting onion there too as well as in here.

Rocky- I still have to rock L to sleep for her day nap like u do so don't feel too bad about that Hun...I jus figure there'll come a point she doesn't need me to and it'll naturally end...I also get a sneaky cuddle and enjoy the time getting her to sleep. ..she gazes into my eyes like a little puppy dog before she drops off...so cute! Re the bed situation....could u not put a guard up on the sides...I know someone who put her lo in a bed from 12 months as she needed the cot and she was fine...maybe H would be too with a bed guard...considering he is ok when u leave him after 8pm. It sounds like he sleeps abit like L...she goes down at 7.30 til 5.30 ish ...at which point she will shout for milk..lol and then go back to sleep for an hour or so. Although she still wakes at 11 too but just to get in out bed!! Sounds like we have similar sleep probs with them..ha.

Chilli- ah good to hear from u Hun. So a Lil daddy's girl u have on your hands. I think they do go through phases...hope R settles in nursery soon. How was the house move...hope it wasn't too stressful. Re my mum - well I wouldn't quite say that she has come round to my way of thinking but she now has just learnt that we will just continue to argue if she doesn't let me get on with how I do things. She still has digs though...I just learn to ignore. We'll never be the same again I don't think but we have managed to salvage some of our relationship...it's taught me a lot. When my L grows big and is a wee lady I hope I would be the sort of mother that tells her to spread her wings and make her own decisions on life (with help from her mama when she wants it but not forced). I'm impressed with R and not spilling her soup with a spoon ..lol. Btw....I can't wait to receive my memory blanket that your mum is making eeeeeeeek!! :-))

AG- hope ur friend is ok Hun...it's good your sickness isn't too bad now. Re cars....I drive a vw passat, it's am estate so loads of boot space which is why we chose it. My dh said estates were grandad cars but when we were looking at cars he actually saw how good they are for room....it's a really nice car to drive.

NH- hope L's 2yr thing went ok. Potty training next week....eeeek! I'm sure L will do great. Do u have a slow cooker...I just purchased one, have u any good recipe ideas except casserole and currys...lol. Also do u give L curry? Was wondering when we can start to try them with spicy food....maybe with some yogurt to cool it. Hope work isn't as busy for u this week Hun and get better soon

Eliz- lol at Ross shaking his leg like a dog ...

Well afm- had a lovely 5 days off work with L. Unfortunately dh was working but me and L have made the most of the snow. Mostly sledging and playing in the snow followed by her favourite 'Sofia the first' film and hot chocolate...a treat as seen as though its cold..lol. She loved the snow so much....she calls is 'nuff' even though she can say snow..lol. She loved sledging more...screeched with delight when I pulled her faster..ha. I wasn't even going to bother with a sledge as I thought she would be too young...so glad I did now. W have created so many lovely memories this past few days just me and my girl (and the dog..lol).

Lydia is obsessed with sofia the first on the Disney channel at the moment. It was a mini film on at Xmas that I recorded. She knows all the characters and sings words out of the songs. She even says sentences before they are said on the programme!!! Bearing in mind she gets no more than an hours tv a day and has only watched it a handful of times .... I have no idea how she remembers it...I think she has a crush on the main boy character (prince james) too..lol.

Does anyone else have trouble cutting their lo's finger and toe nails? Tonight I got L to sleep them went in her room with dh's work head lamp on my head to cut her toes and hand nails...otherwise she doesn't let me.....I must be a right softy mum...ha!

Right best go to bed....work in the morning for me.

Take care ladies xxxx

1st ICSI :BFN: ;(
2nd ICSI :BFP: happydance

Buzzbee

What's Up?

Tuesday, January 22nd 2013, 8:42am

Hi everyoneThought I’d post while I’m feeling more human LOL!

Booboo – loved your pics of N in the snow. She looked like she thoroughly enjoyed it – unlike N who hated it but to be fair to him he has been under the weather. We took him on Saturday but none of us were in the mood really. I’m with you 100% on your comments about DH and what life is like now we have our LO. They are our 2nd faves aren’t they but then again DH always tells me I’m 2nd best now LOL! We joke about it but I wouldn’t want it any other way as I would hope that each of us puts N before anything else. Re watching TV I probably do let N watch more than an hour a day when he is at home but I reason he is at nursery 4 days a week and does loads of activity and outdoor play there so it’s not like it’s every day. As you know he loves The Hive and like L he recognises episodes and now even dances before the songs they sing come on. He has also picked up lots of words off there, which I think is good. The main one being ball and when Buzzbee is playing with a ball he gets all excited and shouts ball. I have surprisingly got better at cutting N’s nails as he has got older. When he was smaller I use to cr@p myself. I use normal nail scissors, put my glasses on, put the spot light on above us and whack The Hive on and then concentrate while I cut them carefully. 9 times out of 10 he stays still but when he doesn’t I just stop and try again when he is probably more tired.

AG – glad to hear you’re feeling better. Do you have a nice little bump now? Does N understand what it is and stroke your belly? Re cars I now share DH’s and hate it – not the car but the fact that I have to share and rely on him to get use of it. We have a 5 door Audi A3. It’s biggish but when DH is due to upgrade his company car we will go for a saloon or estate as we would like a bigger car, especially if No.2 comes along.

Chilli – how has R been with the recent house move and going back to nursery? Has it unsettled her? DH use to get upset too when he dropped N off and he cried. LOL N likes to drink the bath water too! His has doublebase in though and we have washed him in Dermol so it’ murky! Wow to R doing that down the stairs. N is nowhere near that. We try and teach him to go down the stairs but he just looks at us to grab him. He is great at going up and likes to hold our hand while he steps up them. We have very steep stairs. I even worry when I am carrying him down the stairs.

NH – sorry to hear you have been unwell. Well done though on sticking to exercise – how do you find the energy to do a workout DVD?! Good luck for potty training next week. I am sure it will go fine. I shall be coming to you for lots of advice and tips when it’s time for N – it can’t be much different for a boy can it?!

Anna – glad to hear Molly is better. That must’ve been so scary. I panic when N gets a temp of 38! He is much better thank you. When do you plan on doing FET then? Will you be joining us soon? ;) xfingers

Liz – how did it go doing the flooring with R in the playpen?

Hi to everyone else.Well we have been an unwell household. I have been having morning sickness as you know but on Sunday night it took a turn for the worse and I was throwing up every hour for about 10 hours and couldn’t keep water down! I have never felt so sick. But DH started being sick too and I was like has he got sympathy pains LOL! I went to the docs yesterday and turns out I had a temp and he believes it is a virus so has signed me off work all week with gastroenteritis! In a way I was relieved it wasn’t that horrible morning sickness some women get but I have never felt so lousy in all my life. I was hoping for some anti sickness tablets but he said the virus needs to come out so didn’t give me any medication. The doctor said it’s likely to get worse before it gets better but do you know what? I feel tons better today!! I have not been sick for over 24 hours and we all slept great. Even N slept through. N thankfully doesn’t appear to have been as bad as us. He was sick over weekend as you know but he has been drinking fine. His appetite has been a bit off but he is eating.

I found my old sickness bands yesterday morning as I was desperate and I am wondering if they have helped?! I was feeling sick on and off yesterday but not sick and this morning I haven’t felt sick. I’m now thinking sh!t are my pregnancy symptoms going?!! You can’t win can you? One minute I am wanting the sickness to go away but when it does I want it back – well not to that extreme! Maybe I wasn’t having morning sickness and last week was the virus and Sunday was when it finally exited my body?! Oh god knows.N has been so good bless him. He has been a tad unwell but thankfully not bad. I would’ve been more scared if he was like me or DH were. Yesterday we were house bound even though we had loads of snow and N was as good as gold. I had no energy to give him lots of attention and I think he knew I wasn’t well as he kept coming over to kiss me.

Someone mentioned curry – I’ll be honest and say N loves what DH and I have – a jar of Sharwoods LOL! Probably not the most baby friendly meal but he doesn’t have much sauce, just enough to coat some chicken and wholegrain rice. He loves it. We have Tikka Massala or a Balti usually. Hope you’re all good anyway. As I have a bit more energy today I may venture to our back yard with N and build a snowman – see if he enjoys it more now he is feeling better.

Forgot to add - N is saying quite a bit more this past week. He is pronouncing letters much better than he use to. His latest words are round, oh baby, oh no, oh ohhhh (that is really cute - he did that when he threw up on Sunday night all over his bedroom carpet!) We all felt so ill but laughed when he said that.

He has mastered drinking from a normal cup too. We don't put too much in as he has a tendency to tip too much forward and gets soaked so we put about an inch of drink in and he manages fine with that. And of course he needs supervision when doing it. He is growing up so fast.

Does anyone else's LO have an obsession with mobile phones, the telephone and the remote? I have old ones for N but he knows they aren't the real ones!! He isn't interested in his toy ones either.

Chilli - forgot to say well done on R eating soup with a spoon. How old is she now? N can use a spoon but is better at eating thicker stuff with it like risotto, or mashed stuff as it sticks to the spoon better. He has mastered eating a petit filous on his own now with a spoon. He also loves eating those Organix crisps and holding the packet himself. That keeps him quiet for a good 15 minutes - great when you need to get a chore done ha!

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Buzzbee" (Jan 22nd 2013, 8:56am)

Tuesday, January 22nd 2013, 12:03pm

Hi all,

Currently at work and the office is empty and for once the phones aren’t ringing off the hook.

Chilli – shame on R for being a daddy’s girl! LOL It’s all a stage though. Lily went through a stage where daddy was the best, then it was mummy, then daddy… at the moment the favourite is the dog. Well he has always been the favourite, I have just been in denial! Yay for R with the cutlery. Lily eats soup a lot and she still gets her chin covered but less makes it on to the bib now. Also good for R with the stairs. Lily can do that, but she prefers to bump down on her bottom as it’s quicker.

AG – our main family car is a Vauxhall vectra. It has a decent size boot and drives well. It’s not an estate car though, so there are bigger and better out there. If I had the money, I would get the VW Passat as mentioned above. I have a few friends who have them and they speak very highly of them. Of course if I really had the money it would be a Range Rover or a BMX 4x4, but that’s not going to happen any time soon!

Booboo – Lily has gotten much better with nail cutting. It used to be a real nightmare and accidents did happen. I ended up having to bite her nails as it was much safer. Now she lets me clip her nails, as long as I clip mine and all of her toys at the same time! LOL

Lily watches more than an hour of TV a day. I have the TV on as background noise all the time. She mostly ignores it, or stops to watch a couple of minutes before doing something else. I think once she is older, I’ll make a point to not have the TV as much.

Yes, I have a slow cooker and yes, I do homemade curries and Lily has them too. In fact she loves spicy food. She also loves chilli favoured crisps! I do my spag bol in the slow cooker now. I make it as normal at lunchtime (when Lily is down for a nap), pop it in the slow cooker until dinner and the meat has soften up so it is nice and tender.

Other recipes I would recommend include:
Beef Bourguignon - Beef bourguignon : BBC - Food - Recipes (adjust cooking time for slow cooker – 6 hours on low)
Barbecue pulled pork - Pulled Pork Barbecue Recipe - Slow Cooker Pork Recipes (before pulling the pork, discard the liquid, then add the barbecue sauce). I used it in hamburgers with coleslaw and potato wedges, and then the next day, did a homemade pizza with a barbecue sauce base, red onion, green pepper, sundried tomato and cheese (of course).
Beef curry - BBC - Food - Recipes : Slow cooker beef curry
Sticky Toffee Apple Pudding - Slow Cooker Pumpkin, Rice Casserole/ Sticky Toffee Apple Pudding I haven’t used this recipe but found one in the book that came with my slow cooker and it works brilliantly.

There’s loads of recipes out there and I am always surfing the web for ideas. A couple of tips.
* any oven casserole recipe will convert to the slow cooker.
* never use as much liquid as stated as the slow cooker seems to double the liquid content.
* don’t lift the lid to stir halfway through – it will take 30 minutes for it to get back up to heat.
*always brown the meat first (and coat it in flour to help thicken up the sauce) and cook the onions. It adds to the flavour.
* with casseroles, put it into the slow cooker in layers, root vegetables, other vegetables and then meat on top.
* you can buy thickening granules which you can use at the end of cooking to thicken up the sauce. Alternatively use cornflour, mixed in with water to form a paste, to thicken it up.

Oh and prep time always takes longer than expected. I have only managed to do it once before work. For me I would need to get up an hour early to do that and I don’t fancy the smell of browning meat at 5am! LOL

Buzzbee – sorry to hear that you have been unwell. I hope it has gone now and maybe your morning sickness won’t return or is less bad than last time. Unless you want it bad, so you don’t worry as much. LOL

This morning I was feeling really nauseous in the car on the way to work. I am, of course, not PG, but it had me thinking about morning sickness. For whatever reason I had that horrible feeling that I might be sick at any moment. I was in peak hour traffic and nowhere safe to pull over. I had images of sticking my head out the window, or trying to vomit in a plastic bag, luckily nothing happened and it’s all passed and I feel fine now. Still it had me thinking about morning sickness and I was glad I don’t have that to worry about!!

Must admit I do have a bit of the green-eyed monster happening with all you lovely PG ladies. I am so happy for you all, I just wish it was me too! And to top off, one of my colleagues at work is about to announce that she’s pregnant. She had a miscarriage (10 weeks) towards the end of last year, and this will be her first baby, so I am really happy for her – but…. I will have to watch her go through her pregnancy and it will hurt just a little… I would have thought that the jealousy would stop after having a baby, maybe I’ll never be completely happy with my lot in life!

AFM, not much to report. Lily had her first dental check-up yesterday and she was brilliant. Did what the dentist asked without complaint and loved that she got a sticker at the end of it!

The childminder review was good. Now it’s the health visitor review on Friday and then it will be potty training after. I swear people are determined to undermine me about this. DH’s mum and sister have all been issuing pressure for it to be done as their first child were both done at 16/18 months (because child two came along). It’s funny though, when I asked when child 2 was done it was 2.5-3yrs next time round! Anyway they were told that it would be starting next weekend and the respond - “really but she is so young!”, “she’s not really ready yet is she?” ARGH!!

Anyway, things are now kicking off here with complaints about icy footpaths, so I had best go. Hope everyone else I haven’t mentioned is good and are keeping toasty warm in this temperature.

BooBoo (23.01.2013)

Tuesday, January 22nd 2013, 3:18pm

Speaking about being underminded about potty training... I was speaking to the childminder today as Lily has had some bouts of diarrhoea today. I replied with that I hoped it cleared up before potty training starts and she replied: "Yes that thought had crossed my mind, she made no effort to tell me at all although it must have been immediately uncomfortable. In fact she hasn't told me for ages. Is she making any effort at home ? Just wondering if she is really ready it's still quite early in my experience but I don't see what she is doing at home so if she is already using the potty successfully at home you hopefully will be ok. There's only one way to find out."

Gee thanks for the vote of confidence!! 25 months is not unreasonably early is it?

Tuesday, January 22nd 2013, 5:57pm

Hi all,

Booboo - thank goodness that you also rock L to sleep for naps. thought that I was the only one. Actually most of the time I bounce Harry gently on a birthing ball - discovered it by accident when we got the ball out for DP. I just started bouncing H on it as thought he would like it and he fell asleep. So, it's easier than rocking. I have some of those 'magic' bumpers that NH suggested so my plan is to try and get Harry in his cot without the sides on now - just thought he mat still be too young for this. But might ive it a go if you reckon your friend did it at 12 months.

chilli - R's sleep issues will probably sort themselves out. It's no doubt the move that's unsettled her and you'll probably find that she'll start sleeping through again soon. Harry sleeps through sometimes but it's never a guarantee. TBH I don't mind it anymore as it's SOO much better than it was. I actually feel human again now. KNow how you feel about the neighbours though - that's what I always worry about!

NH - not sure about the potty training age. I wouldn't have thought it was rediculously early but I have not done it yet so couldn't say. I have read though that if you start before they are ready it takes a lot longer. One of my fiends has just potty trained with her boy who is 3 (been doing it for a few months I think and he's still having accidents) - but I think boys might learn slower or later than girls?! Good luck anyway - we'll all be looking to you for advice soon.

Buzzbee - sorry to hear you've all been so ill - and you're doing right being off work. Have you booked in with the MW (can't remember what you said). I remember you saying you've booked a private scan. When is Nathan's scan? Harry can also drink from a cup but like N - I cannot trust him with it yet as he will tip it all over himself!

AG - glad you're feeling better - how far are you now?

Elizmac - when do have your scan/MW appointment?

So, are any of you ladies looking for double buggies now? What age do they not need a buggy? Does anyone know?
We got the bumbo out for Edie - and Harry loves it now (after hating it!). So if you've still got one you might want to try LO's on it!
Anyway I've forgotten what I wanted to post about now - my brain does not work properly anymore. Will try and get back later if I remeber xx

Buzzbee

What's Up?

Tuesday, January 22nd 2013, 7:08pm

NH - I think I may speak to DH about getting a slow cooker. Those recipes sound yummy. I really do need to learn to cook. I am capable and intelligent enough but as DH has always took control in the kitchen I have happily let him. Before I moved in with DH I lived on my own for a few years and I didn't starve, although I wasn't very experimental with food, more quick and easy.

Awww I felt exactly like you about hearing news of pregnancies. Do you know there is a lady on here who got a natural BFP (after successful FET) and I think she has PCOS and her DH has a low count? Is that what your DH has? If so then it could happen for you couldn't it? I really hope it does.

Re potty training I haven't a clue. I hope N will be potty trained before he is 3. Ideally it would be nice to have him trained before the LO arrives (I'm guessing my due date may be mid Sept) but if he isn't ready then I'll just wait. I'm sure I heard somewhere that training in the summer months is better as they can wear less clothes so less mess, IYUWIM, My friend, who is a primary school teacher, has a little girl and I think she started potty training at about 26 months or so. I think she skipped the potty though and went straight to a loo with one of those kiddy seats.

Has Lily got all her teeth now then? I really need to take N to the dentist again as I want to know how many he has left to come through. He has loads on the sides now but still gaps and I am sure the very back molars haven't come through. It is so hard to check though as he bites you LOL!

Hi Rocky - I had to postpone the MW appointment because of the sickness bug. Was meant to be there tomorrow. Unfortunately though the only time they could do was next Wednesday afternoon and that clashed with our private scan so I have now had to cancel the private scan and am trying to get another date for that but then part of me is thinking as I don't know how many weeks I am will the MW book me in at the EPU for a scan?! ?o( Not sure how it works now. As you know with IVF / FET you get an early scan anyway, well I did at 8 weeks with N so not sure how it works with natural pregnancies. N's MRI is on 6 Feb so 2 weeks tomorrow. Re double buggies I have had a brief nosy but trying not to get too ahead of myself. I am still worried things could go wrong as seems too good to be true although DH keeps telling me to enjoy this one as we couldn't relax with N because it was our first and through FET but he said he doesn't want to feel like that again, which I kind of understand. Easier said than done though! If we got our bumbo out there is no way N could get his thiighs in it LOL! He has always had chunky thighs and never enjoyed being squashed in the bumbo seat. Saying that though his weight seems to have been the same for a good 2 or 3 months now. We weigh him on our scales and it is around 26 - 28 pounds but doesn't go higher than 2 stone. Is this normal now he is more active?

Tuesday, January 22nd 2013, 7:51pm

Hi all.

Loving all the snow pics on fb!! We have no snow at all up here!! Some forcast tonight but its 3 degrees and pretty warm so it will prob just sll melt.

Nh. Only you will really know when she's ready for potty training. Other folk always have ideas about other folks children so you will just have to trust your own instinct. No harm in trying. If she gets too distressed having accidents you can easy jyst try again in a month or two. No one has to know!!

I've got a slow cooker too. I often buy a bag a pre chopped stew veg and just bung it in with meat and some get s an a stick cube. I never bother browning the meat and it tastes fine!! Takes me 5 min in the morning. Sometimes I've even made stuff the night before and just turned it on in the morning. I leave the house at 6.30. I've become a slow cooker demon!!

Buzsbee. Yuck to the bug. It did seem a bit odd that you got awful sickness out the blue. May just come in slowely over the next week or so. What a faff re appts huh. Ooh Ross hasn't put on any weight for months either. He's still 22 lb. I've stopped weighing him byes healthy enough!
My scan is the end of feb. but I'm well chilled amazingly I actually keep forgetting. I still don't really think its possible.
Rocky I'm not buying a separate double buggy bi can get adapters for my icandy contraption Ross hates being in the buggy anyway so goodness knows!!

Oh and nh. Just remembered. Me and brother were potty trained by 16 mn. My mum said it took 3 weeks. Anything is possible !!
Good luck x

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Elizmac" (Jan 22nd 2013, 7:52pm)

Reg: Aug 12th 2010

What's Up?
(",)

Tuesday, January 22nd 2013, 9:01pm

Booboo - I spoke to my mum earlier and she mentioned that because she was snowed in at the weekend, she spent her time making your patchwork memory blanket...she really loves doing them.

Slow cookers - yes, I have one too. Makes an amazing spag bol! I just bung everything in and turn it on. First I'm doing a pulled pork though, that sounds amazing!

R has been v upset when DH leaves her in nursery. We've agreed that I will drop her off tomorrow, as she is more used to me leaving. I go out every morning, and also put her to bed.

Hi everyone else, hope all is good for everyone.
Aug/Sept 2010 ICSI :BFP: :girl:

Tuesday, January 22nd 2013, 10:26pm

Oh dear chilli. Hope it's ok. I would be pathetic dropping Ross off if he didn't like the childminder. I'm sure she will settle. When did u move house? It took Ross a wee while to settle in our new house but only a couple of weeks. My childminder suggested spraying their teddy or something with your perfume or chopping up an old scarf if yours that smells of you to give them. I never got round to it but I suppose it nay
help?

Tuesday, January 22nd 2013, 11:27pm

Oh my goodness it is bloody freezing here tonight! Was -10 today, so dread to think what the temperature has dropped to tonight. Just popped on an extra heater in the hall for a while, but will switch off before I go to sleep. N is a bit bunged up tonight and has been a little more unsettled than usual - bless her it really isn't like her to be crying so inconsolably. She is def coming down with something.

Thanks for all the car comments - it is hard to know! DH wants a BMW 3 or 5 series estate, but I've put my foot down as we don't have BMW dealers near us, so it would be a nightmare if anything went wrong or when the time came for MOT etc. I'm thinking practically and economically, so am thinking VW touran blue motion, but the passat estate isn't out the equation either. DH thinks im being a bit boring, but it seems to serve all our purposes. They both do tons of miles to the gallon as well. The Volvo XC60 looks quite economical and good, but the blue motion is cheap to tax as well and built with the environment in mind (as much as cars will ever be!!) Personally I wouldn't have huge 4x4 as It would do my head in how much fuel I'd have to put in the thing plus I'd look ridiculous trying to get in and out of it as I'm quite small!

Yum, all the cooking chat is making me hungry! I make a lot of one pot casserole type meals, but will need to invest in a slow cooker or crock pot (are they the same thing?) on our return to the UK. I also love my steamer, you can just chuck everything in layer by layer depending on the cooking time and leave it. Best veg ever. Good for fish too. I have a few good recipes that I could pop on soon for slow cooking.

Chilli - hope things go better tomorrow for your LO.

Rocky - I'm almost 16 weeks! It's funny because I posted on a local mums site at home and everyone said I'd def need a double buggy, but on babycentre people are more divided and lots said not to bother. To be honest I really think I have to have one as N has her naps everyday in the pram and we walk a lot. I thought about putting baby in sling or N on boogie board, but she wouldn't stay on it and the weather can be blustery up our way, so I'd rather baby had the protection of a carry cot. Just going to get one, hopefully a good one second hand. DH is away too at times and I need to know I can comfortably get about with the two of them. I would love to get the mountain buggy duet or the icandy, but not sure. The mountain buggy is side by side, but only 63cm wide. Decisions!

Buzzbee - I'll remember N's MRI as its my big scan day that day. Finding out the gender and all! I hope he gets on fine with it all. I'm sure everything will be just fine, but it will be good for you to get it all done and dusted with.

I'm up late tonight! Better get to bed. Xx

Wednesday, January 23rd 2013, 9:21am

Ag. Forgot to say. I got a boring Toyota rav 4 when I was trying to get pregnant. Loads of space. Not too massive. Only 4 wheel drive when it needs to be do fuel economy pretty good. I got winter tyres and its ace in the snow!! It's dull but hugely useful! It's 5 yrs old nearly now and not a thing wrong with it. Can isofix or belt car seats in and I can fit massive pushchair and tonnes of junk in the boot!

Wednesday, January 23rd 2013, 10:08am

My SIL has a RAV 4 and its a brilliant car. I've driven it a couple of times and its lovely to drive too. DH swears by Toyotas too as they seem to last forever!

N seems fine today, maybe teeth bothering her in the night. We're off out with our group of mums and babies today, which should be nice. Some are going iceskating on the lake, but i think i will pass on that incase i fall, which is quite possible!

Anyone else's little ones into absolutely everything?! N can get behind the fire guard, has all my cupboards emptied and I really have to watch her every single move! I would say our house is quite child proof too. She's a climber as well! Definitely a little adventurer in her!

Xxx

Buzzbee

What's Up?

Wednesday, January 23rd 2013, 1:51pm

AG - yep my N is into everything! I am contemplating getting more safety catches on the kitchen cupboards - the ones he has access to are fine - just pans and cereal etc but when he is constantly trying to take everything out it does get a bit annoying LOL! I also need to sort out two big chest of drawers in our bedroom and the spare bedroom as he is opening them now so need to check what's in there (not just clothes) so there isn't anything dangerous he can swallow! You can't watch them constantly can you when you need to get stuff done? I have a gate on his bedroom door but when we shut it he isn't content with playing with all his toys in his room, he whinges for me, but I ignore him as I have to get stuff done but it is stressful. God knows what he'll be like when I have a baby to tend to! I need to look at finances as ideally I'd like him to remain in nursery for at least one day a week.

What fireguard do you have? We have one of those lindam room dividers and it has been a god send - it blocks off the fire and TV. He is always wanting to touch our TV screen so I have to ensure he can't get to it as god forbid it tips on him! Jeez it doesn't bear thinking about! I have seen some straps you can get to hold the TV down but not sure how good they would be?!

How exciting that you will find out the sex soon. I'm very excited to hear what it will be. I'm guessing you'd love it to be a boy but still as happy if it''s a girl? :) I would love a girl but equallly as happy if it's a boy.

Liz - the bug has eased so very relieved about that. I will not whinge about my morning sickness now after that LOL! I really feel for those women who get extreme morning sickness.

N was sick again last night. His nappies were bad yesterday too but he seems a lot better today and his appetite is better as he wolfed down his lunch so fingers crossed the virus has left him too! It's so funny when he is sick though, as in, when he does it he goes Oh noooooo! You can't help but laugh. He didn't cry at all last night, just whinged a little. When I went in his room he felt very warm so had a feeling he would be sick so changed his bum and let him get some air to cool down a bit. After a cuddle he then threw up everywhere so probably wanted to just sit up on my lap and wait to get the horrible feeling away. He went back to sleep after that.

Getting cabin fever stuck in! The pavements are packed ice here so not really worth venturing out anyway as would hate to slip and let go of the pram. Forecasting more snow on Friday - oh joy!

Wednesday, January 23rd 2013, 2:41pm

Cabin fever indeed!!! Have a foot of snow now and roads at standstill and pavements non pushchair able. Ross is now bored of snow after 1 hour!! We've done Lego and painting and wrestling and hide and seek etc. now despairing Cbeebies it is!

Wednesday, January 23rd 2013, 4:25pm

Hurrah for c beebies!! Have to hold Edie as she moans a lot and Harry is bored of everything so currently watching Andy's wild adventures!! TBH I think Hhas too much tv now Edie has come along and it worries me. But sometimes it's the only way of getting anything done!

Wednesday, January 23rd 2013, 4:27pm

Sometimes TV is the lesser of two evils. Lily knows all the presenters names and likes to say hello and goodbye to them!

Wednesday, January 23rd 2013, 5:31pm

I know. If he turns in to a fat blob couch spud ill ban it then!

Wednesday, January 23rd 2013, 8:22pm

Liz - check you out! You're so good with your Lego and painting etc! N is totally bored with her toys here, but there was no point in taking over her new stuff when we are going home in March. Roll on then! She gets too much iPad, she loves watching nursery rhymes on utube and I'm amazed at how well she can work the thing!

Buzzbee - I'm glad it isn't just N! She really is into everything! We have the Lindam room divider too, but don't have it connected to the wall. It's great! We have it around the fire area. On the gender thing, I'm really not bothered, but funny I was just speaking about this today to a friend as she's a bit ahead of me and we both have girls. I think if I'd had a boy first I'd def want a girl, but because I've got my little girl I'm really not fussed. Another little girl would be lovely for N ( and us!) and I came from a family of sisters which is so nice. But then a boy would be different and that too would be lovely. In some ways I can't imagine what it would be like to have one of each because I came from an all girls family, but whatever will be just perfect as long as everything is ok with the baby.

It's still bloody freezing! Xx

Wednesday, January 23rd 2013, 8:26pm

Awww I felt exactly like you about hearing news of pregnancies. Do you know there is a lady on here who got a natural BFP (after successful FET) and I think she has PCOS and her DH has a low count? Is that what your DH has? If so then it could happen for you couldn't it? I really hope it does.

Buzzbee - yes DH has slow swimmers but the drs always classed it as 'borderline' - ie not bad enough alone to explain five years of infertility so we were classed as 'unexplained'. I do hope each month for a miracle, but then again I hoped each month for five years, only to be disappointed each time. Still miracles do happen and there's enough stories on here to give me hope!

And yes, Lily has all her teeth. All had cut through by 18 months and fully through by 20 months.

Wednesday, January 23rd 2013, 9:28pm

Gulp. Watching one born every minutes is not a wise move. Flashbacks. Urghh.

Wednesday, January 23rd 2013, 9:31pm

Quick change the channel... bet you're not feeling so relaxed now!

Wednesday, January 23rd 2013, 9:32pm

Ha. Have done! Was never chilled about actually giving birth. It was hideous!

Thursday, January 24th 2013, 8:29am

Gosh yes, that is what really puts me off having another - the birth. It was pretty terrible. I had almost forgot really but when DP was in labour it brought it all back and I thought 'I know how that pain feels'. Not pleasant BUT look at what you get at the end of it.

Anyway, someone asked about cars.....we have a peugeot 206 (3dr) that I use for work now and the family car is an vauxhall astra 2lr diesel as we now have a caravan to pull (off my dad). It's a lovely car but not a lot of room in the boot when the double pushchair is in. I keep wondering what car we would need if we did ever have 3 kids? As they won't fit 3 car seats in will they?
Harrry is also in to Everything! Cannot take my eyes off him. He gets bored with his toys quickly. Can any of you recommend any good toys for this age?
In terms of the gender talk - if it was me - I would love another boy for Harry - we always thought Edie would be a boy. It's lovely to have 1 of each....but probably better for them to have a same sex sibling (plus you have all the stuff already!).
To those of you contemplating a double pushchair - I definitely would as sometimes you need to be able to contain them as well as them needing a nap.

NH - I too am jelous of all the pregnancies on here (in a good way). There are loads of people in my personal life pregnant as well. But I'm sure it will happen again for you one day when the time is right x

Buzzbee

What's Up?

Thursday, January 24th 2013, 10:34am

AG - yeah we don't have the room divider attached to a wall, we just tuck it around the fireplace and TV and ensure he can't topple it over. It's great for sectioning off a room you want out of bounds LOL! I too would be happy either way. It'd be nice to have one of each but I do love boys. As long as it's healthy it's all that maters.

NH - miracles definitely do happen so I really hope it happens for you. I had disappointment for 5 years too before we eventually fell pregnant with N. I truly never believed it would happen naturally even though I hoped. I think that's why I didn't bother putting too much effort into trying after N plus I didn't have the energy, I am still gobsmacked that after all those months I spent trying different methods - special lube, legs in the air, various vitamins and herbal stuff, I even bought a fertility spell for god sake LOL! I was so desperate. I think it will happen when you least expect it xfingers Oh I do hope N gets all his tooth before 20 months. He has loads. I am wondering if the back molars are making an appearance as he has been extremely unsettled the past 24 hours, or could be this stupid virus. When do you start potty training then? Next week?

Rocky - I have been having a nosy at double pushchairs, even though I don't want to get too ahead of myself it's hard not to run through your head everything you might need! I dont' want to spend a fortune and quite like the look of the Graco Stadium Duo. There was also another one on Ebay from America, can't remember the name and the toddler has the option to stand or sit if they want, which I thought was cool. A long way off to decide but will be looking out for suggestions. How's work going? When does DP go back? Have you decided what to do work wise and who will stay at home?

Liz - oh god I can't watch OBEM. My labour was horrible too and i am trying not to think about it. One thing I do hope is I don't develop GD again and I can go full-term and the baby can come when it is ready and I am not induced as I do believe that is what made my labour so horrific. I am also trying not to think about the weeks after he was born and the pain and discomfort I was in and trying to do stuff. Still it never put me off wanting another one day!! They are worth all that pain and more I think.

Well we had a bad night with N. I am not sure if he has this virus I had as even though he has been sick it's mainly been after milk if he has woke in the night ?o( We gave him Calpol before bed but he was whinging every hour or so until he woke and kept crying at about 10:30pm. Just when we thought he was going to go back to sleep he woke again, despite having another dose of Calpol. In the end I brought him downstairs for some water and toast as was afraid to give him milk again. He didn't seem ravenous so I don't think he was awake because of hunger. He eventually went back to sleep at 2am and then woke at 7:30am.

The thing is he is always so chesty, it rattles a lot. He has an inhaler and we give it to him when we think he is struggling. I think he may have a chest infection so we're booked in the docs at 11:30am. Not sure if I'm right but best to get it checked out eh.

Or it could be teeth! He was dribbling a lot yesterday and his cheeks were red.

Thursday, January 24th 2013, 9:31pm

NH - get your DH on well man conception vitamins and macca. I know a girl through here and her husband had issues with his sperm. She got him on those and the next IVF they got 100% fertilisation. She had a little boy and got pregnant again naturally when he was 3 months old! Miracles do happen. The human body is amazing really.

Buzzbee - hope N gets better soon, its rotten when they are ill. I know the pram you mean with the standby bit at the back! I'm thinking to get the mountain buggy duet I think, but waiting until my 18 week scan before I get too ahead of myself.

Rocky - re: toys for Harry. What about a chunky car garage? Duplo? A fire engine, tool kit? Then there are lots of lovely musical things you can get an aqua doodle mat? N has recently shown a real interest in drawing, so I'm going to get her one of the scribbler boards that you swipe clean, can't remember what they are called! I thought she would be too young for it, but she played with her cousins when we were home. Mind you I'm a bit peeved as ELC mucked up my order at Christmas then had the cheek to say it had got lost in transit and some stuff was now out of stock!

Liz - I LOVE OBEM, but it freaks me out about delivering in the UK! I saw the first episode of the new series before we came back and that was a lot more about active labour, but most of what I see if women lying on beds and that was the worst part for me! When I was up,and about I would say it was no bother. I will give birth in Aberdeen due to having had a previous c-section, but most people seem fairly happy with the maternity hospital there.

Hope everyone else is well. Xxx

Thursday, January 24th 2013, 10:00pm

Yeah rocky.ross has a vtech garage. He loves the thing. He likes sitting on it too but hey! Etch a sketch! We have one of those. Bit hit and miss. I like it!! He would still race about and climb things rather than sit and play. We have a fat boy bean bag and will spend hours clambering all over it and jumping off the sofa onto it!

AG Aberdeen maty is fine. Everyone here has the obligatory photo of a new baby wrapped in standard issue orange blanket lol. I can bring you grapes!! Or a large g&t!!

Nh. You never know. I see the human body do crazy things. Never say never!

Hi everyone else. Am running off as have to do a lecture tomorrow. Eek. Need to swat a bit.

Thursday, January 24th 2013, 10:04pm

Liz - That's it - etch a sketch! N loves it and it saves my tables from pen marks! Laughing at the standard orange blanket photo! So true!! You can bring me a g and t!! Good luck tomorrow with your lecture - eek! Xx

Thursday, January 24th 2013, 10:16pm

Thanks for the toy ideas. We have a garage thing that holds his attention for 2 mins - he prefers to try and stand on it and lift it up and carry it around. Might get something like an etch a sketch - i had one of them and used to like it. What kind of activities do they do at nursery with them? Also thinking og taking him swimming again - not been for absolutely ages. But wondering if he would be content to be held in the pool or not?
Our pushchair is a baby jogger citi mini double that we got 2nd hand. It is OK - great big hoods on them for the sun - but double pushchairs are never going to be easy. They tend to be quite heave and are awkward. It's absolutely fine when we're out and about with it but the thought of having to get it in the car or manouvre it out of the front door can sometimes be a put off. Oh, and getting 2 kids in the damn thing seems near impossible without a screaming match. Not sure why this is. Harry is fine when I put him in the single pushchair - but both of them scream blue murder getting in the double thing and then as soon as we move a tiny bit, they are both fine. One thing I will mention though is that the straps are very difficult to fasten on harry and he is very small. It's not just this pushchair as we had a mamas and paas one first and that was the same. the straps don't adjust any further. It may be because of the footmuff but you'd think they would allow room for that.
Anyway, we are expecting lots of snow tomorrow so we'll see. Might build a snowman with Harry if we do get some xx

5 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

5 guests