You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "itsalittlepinky" started this thread

Reg: Dec 29th 2012

Sunday, January 6th 2013, 10:38am

Do you have an anterior placenta and if so was your baby posterior?

I have been reading this morning trying to find answers as to why I have a dip where my belly button is in my nearly 6mth bump. I have found that it sometimes means the baby is posterior. This is often connected if you have an anterior placenta which I have also.

Most of the time, if baby is posterior then it means a long hard labour which often results in a c sec which I have been told I may need anyway due to also having fibroids.

I think the chances of me having a normal birth are pretty slim which is disappointing.

Anyone have experience with this? Did you also have a funny shape bump?

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 24th 2006

Children: Three gorgeous daughters!

Sunday, January 6th 2013, 4:22pm

Hi hun

I had an anterior placenta with our DD2, her labour was amazing once I started dilating and she was born with only a few pushes. Our DD1 was side on to my back and wouldn't move so she was born with forceps to help get her out, my placenta was posterior.

As for bump shape, both of mine were different. DD1 used to like sticking her legs and knees out the side and could often be found pushing around my belly button. DD2 used to shove her whole body one side or the other of my bump so I was very lopsided with her.

Have you asked your MW what he/she thinks?

xxx

Sunday, January 6th 2013, 7:09pm

Thanks PP.. I cant even remember wben im next seeing midwife.. ive seen her twice so far. Sure I am due to seeher at 26wks but that could be for whooping cough ? I really thought i would see her more to be honest.
Being scanned again on tuesday so be interested to see where she is and if placenta has moved any..

X

United Kingdom

Sunday, January 6th 2013, 10:28pm

Normally MW's say you can phone or text them whenever you have any questions or concerns, have you got a phone number for yours?

Good luck on Tuesday and let me know how you get on. :)

Monday, January 7th 2013, 7:59pm

Will see what they say at scan and if I have any questions I will callher tomorr arvo..
Thanks x

United Kingdom

Tuesday, January 8th 2013, 9:37pm

How did you get on?

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE