You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

louise78

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Aug 18th 2009

Children: One beautiful, healthy son. Identical twin boys born too soon, sleep tightxxx

What's Up?
One very happy lady :) xx

Thursday, November 15th 2012, 8:23am

Hi ya flossy - we had a swaddle pod which we found really helped with startle reflex etc- he's grown into the next size which wraps around them (easier than blanket and I feel for reassured that doing it myself) from kiddicare or mothercare - you can order either on the Internet. Keeping babies safe while sleeping is of paramount importance. There are a few simple steps that you need to remember when putting your baby to sleep - Find out more from Cheeky Rascals online baby shop this looked good but quite expensive. https://www.google.co.uk/shopping/produc…I#hsec:overview this is what we have.

Ordered some comfort food be delivered tonight so we will see :) he was much better last night - went through till one with a feed but then he was unsettled and had to put him in my bed - he was propped up on a pillow and that really helped :) so feeling a bit more human today lol!! Xx

Sorry that we have some poorly lo- not fun at all xx
6x cycles of clomid bfn
2X iui bfn
1x ivf - identical triplets - miscarried triplet at 9 weeks, lost my other two beautiful boys at 23 weeks - passed away shortly after birth 17th June 2010.
4x FET 1 early loss
1 natural early loss.
2011 Nov immune cycle FET bfn
2012 Jan immune cycle ivf bfp baby7 Ds arrived safely 1/10/12 : D
2013 Aug immune cycle FET bfp confirmed miscarriage at 8 weeks
2014 Jan immune cycle bfn
2014 April immune cycle bfn.
2014 July fet bfp ❤️ seen at 7,9 and 11 weeks

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 12th 2008

Children: Two beautiful little girls, so so lucky!! :)

What's Up?
:hello:

Thursday, November 15th 2012, 8:34am

So glad you are feeling less zombie like Louise :thumbsup: Fingers crossed for the comfort milk.

Dd2 was not happy last night, kept being sick too. Dd1 kept coming into me, about 7 times all through the night :(

Fingers crossed for the craniopath this avo xxxx

1st ICSI - Oct 08 - :BFP:!!! DD born July 2009 : D
1st FET - May 11 - BFN
2nd FET - Sept 11 - BFN
3rd FET - Jan 12 - :BFP: DD2 born October 2012 : D
2nd ICSI - May 18 - BFN
4th FET - Sept 18 - BFP but Ectopic MTX 7+4

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

sasha146

Reg: Aug 13th 2011

What's Up?
Adoption assessment complete

Thursday, November 15th 2012, 8:46am

louise - glad you had a better night it does make such a difference

dusky - does lo have a bug or just bringing milk back up?

we just had more sick :-( and poor ds a bad cough which is making things worse, is there anything u can give them other than calpol?

x
ME 30 DH 37

ICSI Oct 11 :BFP
bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Thursday, November 15th 2012, 9:06am

I don't think so, can't work out if it might be the colic drops I am giving her...she was ok until last night though...

You an give baby Neurofen alongside Calpol, alternately every 2 hours xxxx

1st FET - May 11 - BFN
2nd FET - Sept 11 - BFN
2nd ICSI - May 18 - BFN

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

sasha146

What's Up?

Thursday, November 15th 2012, 9:10am

thanks dusky

x
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

flossyv

Reg: Jan 3rd 2012

Thursday, November 15th 2012, 11:59pm

Thanks Louise for info have ordered swaddle pod so fingers crossed!
We have had bad evening crying from 6.30 till pretty much now... Ended up giving her ff bottle as
Was so tired from the constant sucking on off and no milk it's exhausting!
Not sure if it was wind, colic or something else she has never been like that before
I mean she's quite unsettled in the evening but that was tough!
DH not that helpful seemed to be annoying him as he was trying To watch telly! I wish.
Men. Well I have swaddle her in a blanket that I found she's gone off to sleep but
She's do restless always wakes herself up with either star jumps or breathing
Loudly...let's see how long she settles for.
Sorry for me post and moans but pretty tired and hoping for few hours sleep
But it's doubtful! Hope all you ladies r getting some zzzz's in now and have a good night unless your posting early
Hours in the morning. Nite all x

louise78

FORUM MENTOR

Children: One beautiful, healthy son. Identical twin boys born too soon, sleep tightxxx

What's Up?

Friday, November 16th 2012, 2:15am

Flossy I feel your pain!! It's a design fault with babies you'd think evolution would have erased winding. From this time on ds will only settle to sleep on someone or cries every few minutes groaning and moaning. I don't want to wish the time away but roll on 12 weeks!! And pray it eases!! On the sofa watching tv- have given up with bed!
6x cycles of clomid bfn
2X iui bfn
1x ivf - identical triplets - miscarried triplet at 9 weeks, lost my other two beautiful boys at 23 weeks - passed away shortly after birth 17th June 2010.
4x FET 1 early loss
1 natural early loss.

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Friday, November 16th 2012, 2:53am

I'm with you ladies, though bizarrely she did settle in her Moses basket last night. Can't wait for craniopathy appts, first one Saturday, was just a chat yesterday, she seems to think she can definitely help... Will post more about it tomorrow.

Hope swaddling is helping Flossy. Men indeed, must be something in the Devon air...

Anything good on tv Louise? Hope a let's you get a little sleep hon xxxxxx

1st FET - May 11 - BFN
2nd FET - Sept 11 - BFN
2nd ICSI - May 18 - BFN

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

biggreeneyes

Reg: Mar 24th 2009

Children: A little boy :)

What's Up?

Friday, November 16th 2012, 7:33am

Hi ladies :)

Flossy, just wanted to say that Young babies do have cold hands, and it's nothing to worry about. If you want to persist with the gro bag, just follow the guidelines of what they should where at what temperature and she should be fine. I do remember texting a friend in the middle of the night (she had teeny babies too) about what hers were wearing to bed, as you worry about them being too hot, too cold etc.... I like the look of Louise's swaddle bag though. My DS could escape from a swaddled blanket so I wish I'd had one of those!!

Louise, hope the comfort milk helps. If I remember you have to buy different teats as hee comfort milk is thicke, I think. Variable flow or bigger whole ones if Im remembering right. You probably already know this.

For all those of you with colic babies. Please make sure they haven't got reflux as well. I didn't realise my DS had silent reflux and he was in pain at night well into his second year :-( you can get meds for it which really help, if it is that.

Dusky, good luck with cranipath

goodgreen

April 09-IVF-BFN :sadface:
Oct 09-ICSI - BFP :happy: - Little boy born on 14/07/10
June 12-ICSI - BFN :sadface:
Oct 12 - ICSI - BFP - followed by mm/c (blighted ovum) :sadface:
April 13 - ICSI - BFN :sadface:
Aug 13 - ICSI - BFN :sadface:
Jan 14 - ICSI - BFN :sadface:
Oct 14 - FET - BFN (surprise surprise) :sadface:

Greeny's trying for another little froggie diary!

sasha146

What's Up?

Friday, November 16th 2012, 7:38am

Morning girls

lousie, dusky - i saw what time you posted you poor things hope you managed to get a couple of hours sleep.

flossyv - did you get a sleep?

well ds is loaded with the cold and the most horrid cough i have ever heard and is fussing with his bottles, his poor wee face is a mess with a runny nose, spots on his eyelids and spots on his chin from drooling, dh slept in the spare room last night and had the cheek to say he never got a good sleep, i felt like screaming at least you got a sleep and didnt jump out the bed every time ds coughed, going to try get a dr app for ds before it gets any worse, his wee gums are all white to but not sure if it's teeth or something else.

sending you all :hugs:

x
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

louise78

FORUM MENTOR

What's Up?

Friday, November 16th 2012, 8:20am

Ahh sasha I'm sorry your ds is poorly :( hope you get in at the doctors and kick your dhs arse!

Well ds and I have had a very restless night - poor little chap.
What are the symptoms of reflux or silent reflux?
X
6x cycles of clomid bfn
2X iui bfn
4x FET 1 early loss
1 natural early loss.

flossyv

Friday, November 16th 2012, 11:19am

Morning

Well maybe the swaddle is the way forward, she settled quickly at midnight and didnt wake till 3am so that was good then back to sleep and up just before 7am, so am really happy with that. She didnt really go back to sleep after 7am but I put her in bed with me to feed her and she had a little nap, bless her. I Currently have her on the sling as it's the only way to get her to sleep whilst I do some cleaning and get stuff done.

Sasha poor ds, it's horrible when they are poorly, if it's not one thing it's the other, hope ds gets better soon.

Louise and Dusky doesn't seem you had much sleep last night posting early hours! Louise is it colic ds has? Does anybody know what the sign of reflux is? Dusky I'm hoping your gonna say it gets easier as you have a little one already, is it 6 or 12 weeks when things settle a bit. I'm not wishing time away but would be nice to think there is light at the end!!

Dusky what is the cranipath then? what do they help with? would be interesting?

Hope you all have a better morning, hi to biggreeneyes, thanks for advice but now little one slept better being swaddled I cant wait now for swaddle pod to come, hopefully that'll help her.

Laters ladies x

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Friday, November 16th 2012, 11:46am

Hi ladies, DD1 had silent reflux. They said it was colic at first and then realised it was reflux, with the help of baby consultant I found, she was fantastic! DD1 cried so much, she hated lying flat, it has a lot of similar symptoms to colic I suppose re. not settling, crying, positioning but also she wouldn't settle on the boob. She cried constantly as I tried to feed her, on and off all the time and so unhappy. It is called silent reflux as there isn't the being sick all the time as there is with reflux (one good thing I suppose). She slept on my chest from 5 weeks to 3 months when we bought an Amby hammock which was fantastic and helped her sleep off me :thumbsup: We tried various different medications but eventually Omeprazole worked. And then when she was 6 months it went...

Unfortunately the craniopath yesterday just checked dd over and we chatted, I thought it was for treatment :-( She said she has spasms of various nerves, can't remember the names... Probably caused by section and getting stuck when being pulled out. And that she is very sure she can relieve a lot if not all of her discomfort...god I hope so!!! Have appt tomorrow and then three next week, fingers crossed!!

Glad you had a better night Flossy :) Colic is said to improve by 12 weeks... Craniopath is some sort of head massage to align the spine helping the nerves to function properly...I'll let you know more tomorrow as never seen it...

Sasha, hope DS gets better soon hon, poor thing!

Thanks BGE xxxxxxxxxx

1st FET - May 11 - BFN
2nd FET - Sept 11 - BFN
2nd ICSI - May 18 - BFN

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

louise78

FORUM MENTOR

What's Up?

Friday, November 16th 2012, 11:53am

We have our six week check today so going to ask about it and see what they think. Conflicting things on Internet about it and also differing symptoms so I have no idea!!

Glad dd had a better night flossy xx
6x cycles of clomid bfn
2X iui bfn
4x FET 1 early loss
1 natural early loss.

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Friday, November 16th 2012, 12:01pm

Hope your check goes well Louise and they have some good advice.

Before they the paediatrician diagnosed reflux they checked if she was lactose intolerant as apparently that shows similar symptoms. That's the trouble isn't it, such similar symptoms for different things and they need different solutions xxxxxxx

1st FET - May 11 - BFN
2nd FET - Sept 11 - BFN
2nd ICSI - May 18 - BFN

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

sasha146

What's Up?

Friday, November 16th 2012, 9:26pm

Hi girls

my poor baby has a chest infection and is teething :-(

louise - my ds has reflux, i thought it was colic so gave him infacol which made the sickness worse, he used to be so restless at night and made loads of groaning noises, i tried the comfort milk but for some reason made my bottles look like they had grease in them it was very odd, i then took ds to the dr who said it was reflux and my ds is now prescribed infant gaviscon and i also use reflux milk.

while at the dr today she advised i start ds on pureed food once he is better then try a few lumps as he is still being sick with every bottle although no where near as bad as he used to be.

having a girls day out tomor can't wait

x
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

biggreeneyes

What's Up?

Friday, November 16th 2012, 9:44pm

Louise, i dont need to explain about silent reflux as Dusky did it so well :) How did 6 week check go?

Dusky my DS also slept on my chest from birth to 3 months! H wouldn't lie in prm, so eventually we used the car seat or sling. He would never sleep in she's basket either. Lying down flat, makes the acid come up their body and that is why they are in such pain. Poor things. It is hard to know, I on,y knew about reflux with babies vomiting, so didn't consider it at the time. I so wish Id realised silent reflux existed nd that there was medication for it.

Colic does tend to go by 3 months though. I remember feeling like I could ou ch people,who's aid, don't worry they won't be like it by 3 months....every night screaming for 3 months from 2 weeks old, seemed like an absolute eternity and a nightmare!!! Looking back, it seems faster, but I know how it is she you are in the distance of it. Stay strong ladies.
It looks fab.

sasha, sorry to hear about your LO :-( it's awful when they are so ill and all your ant to do is Ameta the, better and you can't. Lots of cuddles for both of you :cuddle

blowkiss hope the sleep fairy visits soon...he's yet to come to my house!! :snigger:

goodgreen

flossyv

Monday, November 19th 2012, 2:20pm

Afternoon ladies

We have gone quiet over the weekend, maybe we were all catching up on sleep?!

I need to ask a question, I am pretty certain DD doesnt have colic, she only has a little wind, doesnt cry for hours or anything but she seems to really hate her basket after her 2 or 3 am feed. I am bf, expressing and giving ff at night generally to give my boobs a break and get DH involved, when she goes to bed at 11pm ish she settles pretty much ok, a few groans but nothing major. Then when she wakes for feeding, she falls asleep straight away on me, I put her down and then she starts making really weird noises. Like groaning, grunting, as if she has loads of flem and saliva in her mouth and just doesnt settle. Could it be refulx or just her ways. It's like sometimes she struggles to get her breath for all the snorting noises, so then I am checking on her all the time and then if i pick her up and put her on my chest straight away she is fine.
I know she is only 4 weeks and will always want to be close to my chest and heart and skin but it seems strange how this is every night now.
When I put her in the bed with me and feed her, she then sleeps on her left side easily too....I think they dont like being on their back. Any ideas or suggestions ladies?
Dusky how was crainal then? Do they only work with babies with colic or other problems or can they help generally getting babies to sleep do you know?
Louise how are you and DD?
BGE seems like your DS didnt sleep in basket either, has it affected their sleeping habits now being that DS slept on you?
Sasha hope LO is feeling better.

Sorry that I rant on a bit, it's just so hard knowing what to do and these forums are so good at asking others and getting opinions, there is always somebody who can help and who has been there and done it.
Weather is horrendous today, rain non stop...my mil has DD for a few hours this afternoon so I'm gonna relax, get some zzz's in and read a book. Can't wait.
x

louise78

FORUM MENTOR

What's Up?

Monday, November 19th 2012, 2:36pm

Flossy my ds sounds exactly the same...I will be interested in any advice given. Although with colic they don't have to be crying out x
6x cycles of clomid bfn
2X iui bfn
4x FET 1 early loss
1 natural early loss.

sasha146

What's Up?

Monday, November 19th 2012, 2:37pm

Hi girls

flossyv - my ds made a lot of noise after his early morning feed but he would be sleeping, it was so bad in the first few weeks dh couldn't stand being in the same room as him, ds has reflux and after starting infant gaviscon it pretty much went away, maybe it would have went away anyway but my ds was always sick no matter how long i winded for i could gurantee i would hear him being sick or i would wake up and he had been sick, u can get elevated foam pillows to him them, swaddling helps and also in time it gets better but i know sometimes it's hard to see that when your exhausted.

hope your reading a good book.

ds is a bit better but now i have the cold :-(

hi to everyone else

x
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

sasha146

What's Up?

Monday, November 19th 2012, 2:46pm

i also forgot to ask my ds has loads of red spots round his mouth and chin, i'm sure it's just from dooling and always being wiped but can anything be used on them to help?

x
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Monday, November 19th 2012, 3:43pm

Hi ladies.

Flossy, dd is the same, hates being in her basket at all, mostly in the day though. She makes some very odd noises too, and seems to struggle for breath, lsounds like a scream when she takes a big breath in...Had a few good nights until last night... If she isn't being sick and is feeding fine without fussing and crying then I'd say it wasn't reflux, but obviously I don't know so get her checked if you're worried hon. Dd likes it on her side, but advised not to do it at night. Best side is the right as that aids the digestive system and helps with wind etc. I know the craniopath helps with other stuff but I'm afraid I am not sure exactly what... The wedge and gaviscon didn't work with dd1 but everything is worth a try...it wont last forever, That's what I keep telling myself :)

I was very impressed with craniopath, have another appt tommorow. Dd can now move her head much better to the left, she is much floppies as she should be, she was far more settled that day too.

I just put a bit of sudocrem on DDs red spots on her face and it seems to help Sasha xxxxx

1st FET - May 11 - BFN
2nd FET - Sept 11 - BFN
2nd ICSI - May 18 - BFN

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

Jasper

Reg: Feb 5th 2009

Children: A boy and girl - ICSI and a natural miracle!

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Monday, November 19th 2012, 5:38pm

Hi everyone I uses sudocrem for the spots too and it clears them really quickly.
Can't beleive I have to think about weaning in the next few weeks!!

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

sasha146

What's Up?

Monday, November 19th 2012, 5:59pm

Thanks girls

jasper - i have started with the baby rice (on advice of gp), feeding times are very interesting now :) ds pulls some strange faces and of course it's quite messy

x
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Monday, November 19th 2012, 6:07pm

Ooo, exciting ladies, where does the time go?! Xxxx

1st FET - May 11 - BFN
2nd FET - Sept 11 - BFN
2nd ICSI - May 18 - BFN

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

flossyv

Tuesday, November 20th 2012, 7:53pm

Evening ladies
Well went to a mum and baby group this morning with some friends and got talking to 1 of them about her 18 week old little girl who has just been told she has colic. interestingly she didn't get it until she was 12 weeks and didn't cry for the usual 3 hours at night or the evening but did cry in the afternoon, but also had the same signs and noises that mine makes in the night. The groaning, grunting, holding breath and not going down in basket flat on their back. She has been going to see a chiropractor which has helped loads so I think I am going to go docs and see what they say and possibly see crainolgy person too. It's so good speaking to other mums who have similar problems, not all health professionals advise well and at least other mums can tell you their own experiences.
Anyway how are we all?
What horrible weather today, it's so depressing, feel like just staying in bed all day. Here's hoping to getting a good night sleep to us :sleeping:

biggreeneyes

What's Up?

Tuesday, November 20th 2012, 8:05pm

Hi

Babies do make lots of noise when they sleep and it is much more noticeable at night. It seems impossible to imagine the could be so loud , but they are!!

Flossy, my DS is a terrible sleeper, but i don't think it has anything to do with sleeping on me for the first 3 months. It was partly due to having pain for so long i think and also just the type of child he is. He needs more touch and reassurance and always has done. i think it all started with his traumatic entrance into the world to be honest! I know lots of people who have had their babies sleep with them and they are great sleepers now and had no problems with them, once they got them into their cot, so if your baby needs you, my personal opinion is give them what they need. They are only small once and you can't get that time back. You can never look back and give those things later, but you can look back and not regret giving those things. Does that make sense?

One thing i do wish i had done more of, is follow my instincts. I started reading books and listenign to experts and to be honest, i wish i had just followed my heart more and my baby. You know your baby (or you will do very soon depending on how old they are) and the best way is to use books as rough guide, but follow your heart.

Sorry, i know i've waffled on. Feeling emotional today!

goodgreen

1 registered user thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Flic (21.11.2012)

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Tuesday, November 20th 2012, 8:55pm

Definitely BGE, I agree totally. As hard as it might feel sometimes, having LO sleep on you a lot, it is such a very special time too. I dot regret dd1 sleeping on me every night for a few months at all, even if my DH hated it...

Definitely recommend the craniologist Flossy, had another session today, great stuff! Xxxxx

1st FET - May 11 - BFN
2nd FET - Sept 11 - BFN
2nd ICSI - May 18 - BFN

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Tuesday, November 20th 2012, 9:31pm

Wise words from BGE!

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

sasha146

What's Up?

Tuesday, November 20th 2012, 10:54pm

Hi girls

bge - hope your feeling a bit better, good old hormones keeping you on your toes

flossyv - i totally agree that meeting other mums for advice is great, sometimes it can feel like your the only one going through something then you speak to othe new mums and feel normal again, and of course this site is fantastic for advice and an honest opinion.

went to see some friends who have just adopted a wee girl, she is amazing, just coming up for a year so they get her for her first birthday, such a great feeling seeing there little family complete.

night night

x
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Wednesday, November 21st 2012, 10:33am

My LO slept on me for about 8 weeks and she's a fabulous sleeper, so all the rubbish that you're setting yourself up for hard times etc is just that, rubbish! My LO wouldn't sleep in her basket at all, so after 8 weeks she went into a cot with a gro bag on and she was away!

I say do what you feel is right. At the end of the day we all need sleep!!

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

sasha146

What's Up?

Wednesday, November 21st 2012, 10:48am

Morning girls

well had yet another projectile vomit moment, getting so fed up of it although ds doesn't seem bothered, can see his 2 front teeth :) could teething be causing him to be sick? i also have a suspicion that it may be calpol that makes him sick but can't be sure

x
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

cheenab

Reg: May 27th 2009

Children: 3 gorgeous boys Zachary, Finley and Teddy <3

What's Up?
Couldn't be any happier :D

Wednesday, November 21st 2012, 1:38pm

Soppy post coming up ladies!!
But does everyone else look at that LO and think I can't believe I'm a mum, yet it feels like they have always been here!!!
I really feel like I had no purpose before and now I get to watch this amazing little boy grow and learn new things every day!!!
Warned you about the soppy post rotf
We are currently snuggled up in bed, weather is awful outside!!!

Hope everyone is well xxx
FET August 2011-1 Blastocyst onboard :BFP:
Zachary William born on 27/4/12 at 10.12am weighing 6lb 12oz
Shock natural BFP 15/3/15 :faint:
Finley Thomas born on 5/11/15 at 9.39am 7lb 14oz
Another shock natural BFP 6/8/16
Teddy George born on 30/3/17 at 4.34pm 7lb 9oz

Curlytails (22.11.2012)

gemmab

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Feb 8th 2008

Children: 2 miracle icsi boys and 2 step kids.

What's Up?
Getting ready for another egg donation!!!

Wednesday, November 21st 2012, 2:37pm

Cheenab I think that every single day. My oldest is three and I still look at him and its a bit surreal!!!

When you love something so so much it's hard to believe they can be so perfect and you are so happy.

And as for them not being here I can't remember that. I can't remember taking a bath by myself, being able to go the loo by myself, having a complete nights sleep, not worrying about what they are doing, having a full meal to myself, having no washing and drying. But I wouldn't change it for a second. And you've got some of that to come.

Better go lo is crying for me lol

ICSI 1 Apr 08-m/c 9.5.8
FETJul 08-BFN
ICSI 2 Dec 08 (ES) -I'm a mummy Kaynan arrived 19.8.09! :heart:
ICSI 3 Dec 10 (ES) -BFN
FET Mar 11- BFP- M/C ;(
ICSI 4 (ES) -:BFP: 1.7.11 Cobi arrived 09.03.12 [zx160]
Egg donation Aug 2012 BFN for recipient- gutted
Egg donation Dec 2012 Recipient :BFP:
Egg donation 27.05.2013- not great - please pray for the recipient :dust:

louise78

FORUM MENTOR

What's Up?

Wednesday, November 21st 2012, 5:31pm

What lovely posts : D currently lookung at lo - I said to my dh the other day I feel a bit like I'm living someone else's life and it could be snatched away from me at any time.
6x cycles of clomid bfn
2X iui bfn
4x FET 1 early loss
1 natural early loss.

sasha146

What's Up?

Wednesday, November 21st 2012, 9:24pm

We are all very lucky ladies

x
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Wednesday, November 21st 2012, 9:33pm

We certainly are : D xxxxx

1st FET - May 11 - BFN
2nd FET - Sept 11 - BFN
2nd ICSI - May 18 - BFN

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

Jappy

Reg: Sep 10th 2009

Children: One

What's Up?
I am a mommy !!!

Wednesday, November 21st 2012, 9:49pm

: D

I can't believe how complete I feel. All the stress has gone and my head is clear and just full of my son. Happy Days xxxx
Jappy

MY DIARY - Jappy's Journey

6th time lucky. BFP 30.12.11 : D
twins confirmed 10.1.12 :faint:
Lost one twin at 9 weeks. So sad x
Baby James born 18.9.12 - Finally blessed : D

Curlytails (22.11.2012)

flossyv

Wednesday, November 21st 2012, 9:57pm

Evening

We are all so lucky and I am always thinking omg I can't believe that we have a beautiful girl after after all this time and it just never seems real...I tell my friends that it doesnt matter how long you prepare for being a mum you can't prepare enough and all you do is worry (well I do).
Thanks for advice ladies, I went docs today going with gut feeling and doc was lovely, really sympathetic and said that she thought it might be a phase all the noises grunting etc she is making and that as she is gaining weight well which she is, and is happy and not a sicky or particular windy baby that it'll probably go, and that if the only comfort she gets at 3am is sleeping on you to do that. She also said like you ladies have said, go with gut instinct, dont read too many books and do whatever is right for you whatever that is. She did say that if I had any more concerns or worries to go back so that was nice, but didnt prescribe anything! so will see what happens over next week. I think she is having a growth spurt, she has been feeding loads over past couple days on and off me constantly and am getting sore (.) (.) so gave her a bottle tonight and sister in laws and she had 6oz! she's so greedy it makes me laugh. She has put on 1lb 7oz in 2 weeks...chubster.
Maybe she'll sleep better tonight being so full up lets hope so zzzzzzz's
How is everyone else this evening? Been watching celebrity jungle? I think it 's so funny, always telling my DH that's it's not really filmed in Oz and it's a studio!!
Got health visitor tomorrow, and seeing parents who are going to take me to M&S to get some yummy food :thumbsup:
We just had a massive down pour, flash flooding, god I hate this weather, poor dog won't go out in the garden he hates getting wet, he's such a diva.
Well may see some of you on here in the night again, lets hope not. gonna try and go bed early tonight with DD as she is flanked out now. night all xx

louise78

FORUM MENTOR

What's Up?

Thursday, November 22nd 2012, 8:41am

Flossy I'm glad the doctor has reassured you...hope you had a nice long sleep after her big feed xx

Jappy nice to hear you sounding so happy xx
6x cycles of clomid bfn
2X iui bfn
4x FET 1 early loss
1 natural early loss.

Jappy (22.11.2012)

sasha146

What's Up?

Friday, November 23rd 2012, 10:21am

Morning girls

looking for some advice, ds has always been quite a sick baby but a great eater and has gained lots of weights so no real concerns, in the first few weeks we had the odd projectile vomit but it wasn't at every feed but a lot of spit up that could last 2 hours after every feed, id say recently things had been improving until about 2 weeks ago when we have had projectile vomit once every day and it seems to be after his first morning bottle, he has had a cold and chest infection which hasn't quite cleared (going back to the gp today) but he doesn't seem up or down about it, this morning he woke early 2.40am and took 3 oz of milk then took another 5oz at 8am, he then had a play on his mat and then in his bouncy chair, he started to get tired so i lifted him to take upstairs to put in his cot and just as we got to his room we had projectile vomit everywhere, he doesn't cry and doesn't really seem to phase him but it's really getting to me now, it's almost like i'm sitting waiting for it to happen, so i suppose i'm woundering does he have something wrong other than the cold/chest infection, is it a phase or is the cattarah that's choking him and he doesn't know how to bring it up and it makes him sick, i don't want to feel like i'm over reacting.
i should also mention ds is on infant gaviscon due to the early days of being sick.

i was also told to start ds on some pureed food so should i be trying to reduce the amount of milk he gets?

sorry for the long post

x
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Friday, November 23rd 2012, 7:10pm

Sasha my little one is doing exactly the same! Is your LO always hungry first thing, I now wait just over an hour after she first wakes to give her first bottle and his has helped, as I just don't think she is hungry straight away so fusses alot. I jave spoken to my HV who has said that it could be the adjustment from bf to ff but I am not convinced! We had the same with DS and he was much older and it was put down to the mucus from teething sitting on his chest an having to come up. I would speak to your HV though, let me kmow what she says!!! I am ging to ask again next week when I get her weighed and see i they have any other theories. It is horrible though isnt it and you worry about feeding when out, dont want to ruin anyones carpet!! :whistling:

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

sasha146

What's Up?

Friday, November 23rd 2012, 8:59pm

Thanks Jasper, well i was at the doctors today for ds chest infection, he thinks it could be to do with teething and the catarrh build up during the night, he was also saying it could be to do with a blocked nose and when ds is feeding he's taking in a lot of air because he's struggling to feed and breath which kinda makes sence, he gave me some drops for his nose so we will see what tomorrow brings, my washing machine is working overtime at the moment :)

hope your all well

x
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

flossyv

Saturday, November 24th 2012, 4:27am

Morning all
Ahhhhhh need to rant since having DD 4 wks ago DH has
Been sleeping in another bedroom with him being at work etc and hasn't even
Slept in same bed as me at the weekends! So last night he was meant to, you know
To help me out and give me a rest! I even brought bottles to bed for him. So DD went to sleep at
0030hrs ish and I put the white noise app on which I do most nights, he lasts about 2hrs
And said he hasn't been asleep the white noise has kept him up and went
Into spare room!! I am fuming... I just don't think he is being fair at all, I need some help
And rest too he's had it easy for 4 weeks! I'm gonna tell him today that I can't do this anymore like this
And he needs to sort himself out. After all these years of trying and having her, you'd think
He would b hands on and that. He says he's tired cause he's been
At work all day.... Try looking after a baby.
Sorry ladies for rant but I tend to stew on things and now I'm at boiling point what is wrong
With men!
Anyway, sasha hopefully the drops will work and ds will feel better bless them.
Jasper hope your well and dusky bge too sorry for
Long me post... Just winding dd now before I put her down to sleep again
She's gone 4 hrs which is good would love it if she
Went 4 hr's from now, we'll see.
Take care x

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Saturday, November 24th 2012, 5:07am

Hi Flossy, just missed you. Don't get me started on what is wrong with men?! I had the same thing with DH for nearly a month, and then when finally slept in the same bed he didn't help at all. Had a few weekends where he just didn't come to bed, after I'd specifically asked him to help. Why can't they see how unfair they are being?! DH says the children are my responsibility, I look after them, yes, primarily they are during the week but on a weekend surely it's 50/50....?!?

I am fed up of DH saying how tired he is!

Hope she's gone down ok hon. Definitely talk to DH before things Silly, he needs to help and support you and do his share xxxxxx

1st FET - May 11 - BFN
2nd FET - Sept 11 - BFN
2nd ICSI - May 18 - BFN

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

sasha146

What's Up?

Saturday, November 24th 2012, 11:22am

Moning girls

flossyv/dusky - i really feel for you both, my dh was the same for a while, although he didn't sleep in the spare room every night ds was really noisy until maybe 8 weeks and he would get up in a rage and storm into the spare room, i always felt like saying so it's ok for you to move rooms but i have to listen to ds, i think a few tears from me and having to watch ds for a couple of hours he now admits looking after a baby is harde than going to work, oh and he's learned when i'm exhausted not to mention that he's tired when he has snored all night :) dh has done maybe 5 during the night feeds but he is very good on his days off and lets me have a long lie and quite often deals with bath time so i can tidy up/ prepare bottles for the following day and organise tea.

well so far no projectile vomit today, jasper i forgot to say the doctor suggested maybe giving an ounce of cooled boiled water between feeds as well helps to break now mucus, i doubt my ds will entertain this but i have put some water in a cup and ill try a few sips between feeds.

hope your all well

x
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Jappy

What's Up?
I am a mommy !!!

Saturday, November 24th 2012, 11:22am

Hi All

Can I jump in here again please ?

I find it difficult with the DH situation. So far DS has been very good so it has not been easy for us but not too stressfull either. I do the night feed and DH does the early morning before work and while the routine works it works....however he started coming home later etc and now arrives about 7pm which doesn't give me any relief from the day considering I bearly see a soul all day as we live away from family. I don't moan because I know he finds it difficult to switch off etc in the week. At weekends though he does most of DS care and we are on holiday this week in Portugal and he has spent most of the time with him again bonding while I sleep in etc. He also does all the shopping for DS and makes sure he has everything he needs so I don't really have to think of anything but DS. So I think he is doing great BUT I still find it difficult just being a mum and the change that has had on everything I do now and used to do. I am constantly stressing whether I am a good mom etc especially when I am tired etc.

DS is now 9 weeks and his routine is not good this week. Waking at 2 then 4 then 6 the other night. On average now twice in the night and early morning so when DH goes back to work I am going to struggle....he is putting his hands in his mouth and chewing and seems a little distressed - could he be teething so early on? I gave a little bonjela yesterday and calpol to help settle him last night and he seems happy today. He is also messing with the teet on his bottle and chewing away but not drinking the milk?

Hmmm this ended up a long post. I have lots of things running round my head and just don't know what is normal etc.

Not sure if I have helped anyone or not ? All I know is that when I am tired everything is 100 times worse. Xx

Thanks for reading - if you got to the end !!!
Jappy

sasha146

What's Up?

Saturday, November 24th 2012, 11:31am

jappy - my ds started this at 8 weeks old and his gums were really hard, i found this stage difficult because i'm sure it was teething but he wasn't really at the stage of putting things in his mouth, i took up swaddling at night and i also give ashton and parsons teething salts before bed which i'm sure do the trick along with calpol for my ds, his 2 front teeth are now showing but not all the way through, i also use mits even now. do you have any baby things u can go to while dh is at work?

x
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Jappy (24.11.2012)

Jappy

What's Up?
I am a mommy !!!

Saturday, November 24th 2012, 11:52am

Hi Sasha.

Thanks for the reply. I will get those tomorrow when I am back in UK. I stress about giving DS anything - only had calpol twice. I was thinking about on Eastenders years ago when Little Mo went to prison for giving her baby calpol to help him sleep !! I think I am neurotic !!

I have baby groups and friends etc that I see so am not house bound at all. Just feels so different to who I was before. Not that I am complaining but it still affects you, if you know what I mean x

DS sleeps with his arms in the air So can't really swaddle him now. Going to put him back in his sleep pod when back though. I think DS is stronger than me !! Trying to keep his hands out of his mouth - he just laughs at me !
Jappy

sasha146

What's Up?

Saturday, November 24th 2012, 1:15pm

Awwww jappy my ds is exactly the same, i don't swaddle very much now as he's too big but when i do he struggles with me and laughs as if it's a game, i had to get the teething salts from amazon but my friend used boots own make and said they were just as good, i know what you mean about your old life, i loved fitness classes and i really miss them, i try and arange with dh and my parents that once in the week they have to sort arrangements for ds so i can go to a class, it doesn't always work with everyone working but when it does it's all i need to feel normal again, wouldn't change my new life for the world but it does take some adjusting when you feel your the only one giving up things you used to love doing
hope your having a great holiday

x
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Jappy (25.11.2012)

5 users apart from you are browsing this thread: