You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

United Kingdom

Reg: Mar 7th 2011

Children: 2 little beans on the way!

Wednesday, August 22nd 2012, 11:22am

Hi Berecka and all the other third tri ladies. Becky is doing okay but very tired due to lack of sleep. Her little boys have stayed put so far and seem perfectly happy. Her waters are still gushing but she has been given antibiotics to prevent infection and the last time they checked her cervix was still closed. The Dr's are monitoring her very closely and it sounds like she's in very good hands.

Me:30
DH:38
TTC since 2008
6xClomid 2010 :BFN:
3xIUI 2011 :BFN:
1st IVF Feb 2012 :BFP: Identical twins :boy: :boy: born 23/10/12

My Diary

Reg: Jun 12th 2010

Children: one daughter born 28th Sept 12

Wednesday, August 22nd 2012, 11:33am

Thank you for the update
x

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 14th 2009

Children: Two little twinnies on the way!

What's Up?
Can't wait to get my boys home x

Wednesday, August 22nd 2012, 12:41pm

Hi girls thanks for all the messages and posts.

They've confirmed my waters/membranes have gone and I'm constantly leaking at the moment. I cant believe how much fluid sometimes! They won't induce me but have put me on antibiotics to stop infection and are monitoring the babies to check they don't get distressed. They seem perfectly happy. when they last checked my cervix it was closed but they haven't checked since Monday lunch time and won't now incase of introducing infection. I'm currently not in active labour although I'm having severe cramps and stomach pain which show on the monitors as contractions but they think are actually to do with the babies restricting my bowel again which makes sense- the pain is sometimes unbearable and has been for weeks and knowing that I'm not imagining it or being over sensitive to it has helped! The anesthetist even offered me gas and air to help because he saw how bad they were. Can u believe all that from bowel issues.

They did say there's an 80% chance of labouring within 48 hours after your membranes go, 10% chance of labouring 24 hours after that and if I make it past that I might be able to hold on as long as there's no infection or distress to the babies. I'm praying I can hold on! Il be delivering naturally if they do come early- it will be better for them and me and the docs agree.

I'm doing ok, we're definitely in the best place and all the doctors are lovely. Its stressful mind, lots of worrying and thinking and I've had about 8 hours sleep since I went to bed Sunday. I haven't been able to sleep at all since being here because every single hour I'm being made to monitor my blood sugars after having two doses of steroids. They're stupidly high ATM. I have no useable fingers left to prick! Lol. But as u can imagine 48 hours of this night and day is a bit of a pain. Btw, steroids were ok- both in my right thigh with a horrible green needle but I've had them 12 hours apart and not 24.

At 29 weeks the babies are likely to have a long stay in SBCU and they use your normal due date of around 40weeks as an estimated going home time although it depends on how they do, how ill they are, if they need ventilation. He did say the majority are ok and go home a little earlier. There's obvious issues in having a prem baby and no one can tell you if there will be any long term effects although the first few weeks they'll have a good idea how well they'll do. There's so much to take on board.

For the girls who have fb'd me my reception is crap and keeps going and texting was a pain being hooked up to a drop all day/night as I was very restricted but thank u for all the messages etc. il try and keep you updated. Anyone whos been in this situation I'd love to here from you x
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "PrincessRebekah" (Aug 22nd 2012, 12:45pm)

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Wednesday, August 22nd 2012, 12:42pm

Hi girls thanks for all the messages and posts.

They've confirmed my waters/membranes have gone and I'm constantly leaking at the moment. I cant believe how much fluid sometimes! They won't induce me but have put me on antibiotics to stop infection and are monitoring the babies to check they don't get distressed. They seem perfectly happy. when they last checked my cervix it was closed but they haven't checked since Monday lunch time and won't now incase of introducing infection. I'm currently not in active labour although I'm having severe cramps and stomach pain which show on the monitors as contractions but they think are actually to do with the babies restricting my bowel again which makes sense- the pain is sometimes unbearable and has been for weeks and knowing that I'm not imagining it or being over sensitive to it has helped! The anesthetist even offered me gas and air to help because he saw how bad they were. Can u believe all that from bowel issues.

They did say there's an 80% chance of labouring within 48 hours after your membranes go, 10% chance of labouring 24 hours after that and if I make it past that I might be able to hold on as long as there's no infection or distress to the babies. I'm praying I can hold on! Il be delivering naturally if they do come early- it will be better for them and me and the docs agree.

I'm doing ok, we're definitely in the best place and all the doctors are lovely. Its stressful mind, lots of worrying and thinking and I've had about 8 hours sleep since I went to bed Sunday. I haven't been able to sleep at all since being here because every single hour I'm being made to monitor my blood sugars after having two doses of steroids. They're stupidly high ATM. I have no useable fingers left to prick! Lol. But as u can imagine 48 hours of this night and day is a bit of a pain. Btw, steroids were ok- both in my right thigh with a horrible green needle but I've had them 12 hours apart and not 24.

At 29 weeks the babies are likely to have a long stay in SBCU and they use your normal due date of around 40weeks as an estimated going home time although it depends on how they do, how ill they are, if they need ventilation. He did say the majority are ok and go home a little earlier. There's obvious issues in having a prem baby and no one can tell you if there will be any long term effects although the first few weeks they'll have a good idea how well they'll do. There's so much to take on board.

For the girls who have fb'd me my reception is crap and keeps going and texting was a pain being hooked up to a drop all day/night as I was very restricted but thank u for all the messages etc. il try and keep you updated. Anyone whos been in this situation I'd love to here from you x

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Wednesday, August 22nd 2012, 12:47pm

It's showing on my phone I've somehow pasted convo's from my diary onto this thread and I have no idea why or if it's just my phone going mad! Apologies if my update isn't there and a random post is. If a mod could delete the ones that shouldn't be there as I don't seem to be able to. Sorry x

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "PrincessRebekah" (Aug 22nd 2012, 12:52pm)

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 12th 2008

Children: Two beautiful little girls, so so lucky!! :)

What's Up?
:hello:

Wednesday, August 22nd 2012, 1:59pm

Just been in your diary, so glad things are going well honey x lol xxxxxx

1st ICSI - Oct 08 - :BFP:!!! DD born July 2009 : D
1st FET - May 11 - BFN
2nd FET - Sept 11 - BFN
3rd FET - Jan 12 - :BFP: DD2 born October 2012 : D
2nd ICSI - May 18 - BFN
4th FET - Sept 18 - BFP but Ectopic MTX 7+4

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

louise78

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Aug 18th 2009

Children: One beautiful, healthy son. Identical twin boys born too soon, sleep tightxxx

What's Up?
One very happy lady :) xx

Wednesday, August 22nd 2012, 4:07pm

I posted and it disappeared? Oh well

Love to you pr - glad they are still staying put.

Dusky boring day for me zzzzzzz your massage sounds lovely. Do you have it sitting up then - was it your back? X
6x cycles of clomid bfn
2X iui bfn
1x ivf - identical triplets - miscarried triplet at 9 weeks, lost my other two beautiful boys at 23 weeks - passed away shortly after birth 17th June 2010.
4x FET 1 early loss
1 natural early loss.
2011 Nov immune cycle FET bfn
2012 Jan immune cycle ivf bfp baby7 Ds arrived safely 1/10/12 : D
2013 Aug immune cycle FET bfp confirmed miscarriage at 8 weeks
2014 Jan immune cycle bfn
2014 April immune cycle bfn.
2014 July fet bfp ❤️ seen at 7,9 and 11 weeks

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Wednesday, August 22nd 2012, 6:48pm

Hi hon, replied in my diary, it's an all over body, literally everywhere, apart from your lady bits :) lying down on cushions ans a special beanbag, bliss!

How are you PR?

Xxxxx

1st FET - May 11 - BFN
2nd FET - Sept 11 - BFN
2nd ICSI - May 18 - BFN

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

Reg: May 14th 2009

Children: We are so lucky - our 'Little Wriggler' Lewis Young arrived safely on 03.09.2010 and we are so grateful to have been blessed again, as he now has a little baby brother on the way :o) X

Wednesday, August 22nd 2012, 7:40pm

Hi all,

PR - so glad you are ok and your little boys are still in there :thumbsup: I've got everything crossed that they stay put in there for a while longer xfingers It sounds like you are being well looked after. Sending you lots of love and hugs X

Hope - I wonder if you are a mummy by now ?( Hope everything is going well for you X

Dusky - glad your massage was bliss today :thumbsup: I must try one...are they expensive? X

Louise - how are you feeling about having a date when you will meet your little man? X

Whiteangel - hope you are enjoying being a mummy : D X

Any news on Jewels? X

Hi Berecka, and to everyone else...hope you have all had a good day XXXX

Oct 07 - BFP - M/C
Dec 09 - IVF - BFP - DS#1 EC/S @ 40+6
Feb 12 - BFP - DS#2 @ 41
My Diary

louise78

FORUM MENTOR

Children: One beautiful, healthy son. Identical twin boys born too soon, sleep tightxxx

What's Up?

Wednesday, August 22nd 2012, 8:37pm

Sounds amazing dusky - I could seriously do with one of those!

Hiya stinker how are you?

Booked in for 1st oct for a c section. It doesn't seem real tbh. Still getting my head round it I think!

Hi to you all xx
6x cycles of clomid bfn
2X iui bfn
1x ivf - identical triplets - miscarried triplet at 9 weeks, lost my other two beautiful boys at 23 weeks - passed away shortly after birth 17th June 2010.
4x FET 1 early loss
1 natural early loss.

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Wednesday, August 22nd 2012, 8:41pm

So exciting Louise!!! :thumbsup:

This was an hour and a quarter £65, pricey but love it!

How are you Stinker? Xxxxx

1st FET - May 11 - BFN
2nd FET - Sept 11 - BFN
2nd ICSI - May 18 - BFN

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

Reg: Oct 23rd 2010

Children: One gorgeous little boy through IVF

Wednesday, August 22nd 2012, 9:46pm

Hey ladies,

PR- glad to hear babies are staying put, sounds like your being well looked after. Cuddles to you... [zx127]

Louise- Wow, thats fantastic news. Not long to go now before you get to hold your little fella. I also know this is a difficult time for you....lots of hugs.

Dusky- £65.00 well spent i say!!!

Hope- Cant wait to hear your news, hope you are well.

Berecka- How are you feeling? x

1st IVF Cycle Dec 10- :BFN :bawl:
2nd IVF Cycle May 2011- :BFN :bawl:
3rd IVF Cycle Sept 2011- Chemical pregnancy...BFN :bawl:
4th Icsi/ARRAY Testing cycle-Dec/Jan - : :BFP: :happy:

baby Jenson arrived safetly on the 01/10/12 baby7

Children: We are so lucky - our 'Little Wriggler' Lewis Young arrived safely on 03.09.2010 and we are so grateful to have been blessed again, as he now has a little baby brother on the way :o) X

Thursday, August 23rd 2012, 6:37am

Hi twinnie and Louise, I'm fine thanks...busy weekend coming up with my nephew's 1st birthday on Saturday and a friend's little boy's christening in Chester on Sunday but it will be a nice weekend of celebrations :thumbsup: Bought a dress on ebay for the christening and paid over the odds as I left it a bit late!!!! It's a nice dress though and hopefully I will get to wear it again at DH's stepdad's 70th party at the end of next month. Got to go and try and find a little shrug and some shoes to go with it this morning before I go to see my midwife and get to hear Tanglesticky's heartbeat again...I love that beautiful sound : D

Louise - although it must feel like it 1st October will be here before you know it :thumbsup: How exciting that you already know your little man's birthday : D X

Dusky - don't think DH would be happy with £65 for one massage!!!! Sounds like heaven though...think I might have to put it on my Christmas list : D X

Hi Claire - how's things? Are you on maternity leave yet? How are the baby plans coming along? X

Have a great Thursday everyone XXXX

Oct 07 - BFP - M/C
Feb 12 - BFP - DS#2 @ 41
My Diary

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Stinker76" (Aug 23rd 2012, 6:38am)

United Kingdom

Reg: Oct 9th 2011

Thursday, August 23rd 2012, 7:45am

Sorry only getting round to this now!
Arya Faith Morrison arrived last night at 9.28pm, weighing 7lb 1. She is just gorgeous!
Both of us doing well x

United Kingdom

Reg: Jun 13th 2010

Thursday, August 23rd 2012, 7:48am

Wonderful news Hope! Beautiful name, take care xxxxx

Beautiful boy born in January 2007
TTC second since March 2009
Luteal phase defect - 4 rounds clomid
BFP 14.2.2012 - 2 beautiful heartbeats seen EDD 22nd Oct - Its a boy and a girl!

louise78

FORUM MENTOR

What's Up?

Thursday, August 23rd 2012, 9:00am

Wonderful news hope :) just lovely xxx
6x cycles of clomid bfn
2X iui bfn
4x FET 1 early loss
1 natural early loss.

sasha146

Reg: Aug 13th 2011

What's Up?
Adoption assessment complete

Thursday, August 23rd 2012, 9:37am

:congrats: Hope what a gorgeous name.

Join us in the parent thread when u feel up to it

x
ME 30 DH 37

ICSI Oct 11 :BFP
bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Caraz

United Kingdom

Reg: Jun 14th 2009

Children: one beautiful, amazing daughter

Thursday, August 23rd 2012, 9:52am

:balloons: :congrats: :balloons:
Fantastic news Hope, well done!!! Love the name - it was one we had considered :)
Lookng forward to seeing you in the New Parents thread :)
Caraz

TTC since Oct 2007 (me 36, dh 41 at the start)
IVF March 2010 :BFP: MC @ 14 weeks; IVF Nov 2010 :BFN:; FET May 2011 :BFN:; ICSI September 2011 :BFP:!!!

Its a bab19 !

Thursday, August 23rd 2012, 10:05am

Thats wonderful news Hope. I love the name!!!! Love and best wishes to you...xxxx

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Thursday, August 23rd 2012, 1:24pm

Huge congratulations Hope, lovely name! Are you home?

How did the shopping go Cindy? Xxxxxx

1st FET - May 11 - BFN
2nd FET - Sept 11 - BFN
2nd ICSI - May 18 - BFN

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Thursday, August 23rd 2012, 2:00pm

How are you PR? Xxxx

1st FET - May 11 - BFN
2nd FET - Sept 11 - BFN
2nd ICSI - May 18 - BFN

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

Friday, August 24th 2012, 8:05pm

:weehee: huge CONGRATULATIONS on the birth of your little bab10 Hope :congrats: I hope things are going well and you are enjoying being a mummy X

Twinnie - shopping didn't go well...the dress came but it was a normal Next maxi dress NOT a maternity one like the woman who sold it to be said it was so it doesn't fit :-( That's the risk you take with ebay I suppose!!!! Went to Birmingham in search of a maternity outfit this afternoon but with not much luck...everything seems to be black, blue or grey and I'm more a bright floral type person!!!! Nevermind, it's my own fault for leaving it so late...I have a skirt, vest and cardigan that I can get away with so that will have to do now as we are at my nephew's 1st birthday party all day tomorrow!!!! Hope you have a nice time with your sister at the weekend X

Hi to everyone else. What have you all got planned for the weekend? XXXX

Oct 07 - BFP - M/C
Feb 12 - BFP - DS#2 @ 41
My Diary

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Friday, August 24th 2012, 8:13pm

Thanks Twinnie x I have just bought a normal (admittedly 16) maxi dress from new look hon, quite colourful, and in the sale :) have a squiz xxxxx

1st FET - May 11 - BFN
2nd FET - Sept 11 - BFN
2nd ICSI - May 18 - BFN

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

Friday, August 24th 2012, 8:19pm

I will if I get chance...thanks hun. Don't you find if you buy a normal dress in a bigger size that the bottom fits but the boob part is too big?! Perhaps my boobs have just not grown that much this time ?( Thinking about it I've only gone up one back and one cup size so far XXXX

Oct 07 - BFP - M/C
Feb 12 - BFP - DS#2 @ 41
My Diary

louise78

FORUM MENTOR

What's Up?

Friday, August 24th 2012, 8:49pm

Is anyone else having little nip like pains in the stomach? Just wondering if it's braxton hicks? Quite painful
But only last a few seconds

Xx
6x cycles of clomid bfn
2X iui bfn
4x FET 1 early loss
1 natural early loss.

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Friday, August 24th 2012, 9:58pm

Yes Lou, been having sharp tight pains, very quick, didn't think mine were BH but not sure tbh...was thinking perhaps skin stretchy things still ?o( don't know. Helpful aren't I :)

I find the maxi dresses are ok, the strapless ones that do the boobs and the elasticated and straight down...? xxxxxx

1st FET - May 11 - BFN
2nd FET - Sept 11 - BFN
2nd ICSI - May 18 - BFN

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

United Kingdom

Saturday, August 25th 2012, 2:42pm

Happy weekend everyone - it has rained here all day, is this the end of summer? I hope not!

Lou, Dusky - I've been having quite a lot of BH, they aren't sharp though more like a massive tightening that squishes the air out of my lungs.
Cindy I have the same problem with clothes the get my bump to fit means the chest and shoulders are too big, with regular or maternity clothes. I'm mainly wearing stretchy jersey dresses, I've even grown out of my beloved leggings.
Wannabe - are you joining third tri now, must be about time?
Claire and Bereka- how are you doing?
PR - I've posted in your diary, glad to hear labour has not started, long may it last!
Everyone else hope you are well x

I am really feeling huge and heavy now, I can't walk far without the pressure in my pelvis getting unbearable and when I sit down the pain in my ribs starts. I can't believe that I have another 5 weeks to go, I am going to be so huge. I'm back for a growth scan on Thursday, so hopefully both twins are piling on the pounds, I still get so anxious, I am so looking forward to having them both in my arms safe and sound.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend, rainy or sunny

RM
xxx

BFP 14.2.2012 - 2 beautiful heartbeats seen EDD 22nd Oct - Its a boy and a girl!

Reg: Mar 16th 2011

Sunday, August 26th 2012, 2:42pm

Hi girls

Just to let you know our beautiful boy Sebastian James was born on Thurs night after a very quick labour (4.5 hrs). Can't say quick = nice but hey he's he now and is perfect and that's all that matters! We are over the moon, and hoping to go home from hospital today to start normal life.

Good luck to all those having their babies soon, and hang in there for the rest of you. It's all so worth it!

Jewels x

Me 35, DH 37 [zx151]
2 x ICSI :BFN:
1 x FET :BFN:
Nov 11 - 3rd ICSI (Immunology Cycle) :BFP: Please stay with us :pray:

Jewels' Journey - My Diary

louise78

FORUM MENTOR

What's Up?

Sunday, August 26th 2012, 4:13pm

Jewels that's lovely news :) congratulations!!!! Welcome to world little sebastian xxxx
6x cycles of clomid bfn
2X iui bfn
4x FET 1 early loss
1 natural early loss.

Caraz

United Kingdom

Reg: Jun 14th 2009

Children: one beautiful, amazing daughter

Sunday, August 26th 2012, 5:35pm

Congratulations Jewels, wow 4.5 hours that's even quicker than mine (6 hours)!! Love the name, Sebastian would have been on my list if Niamh had been a boy :) Enjoy every minute :)

:balloons: :congrats: :balloons:
Caraz

TTC since Oct 2007 (me 36, dh 41 at the start)
IVF March 2010 :BFP: MC @ 14 weeks; IVF Nov 2010 :BFN:; FET May 2011 :BFN:; ICSI September 2011 :BFP:!!!

Its a bab19 !

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Sunday, August 26th 2012, 8:58pm

Massive congratulations Jewels, so happy for you!! Hope you are all getting nicely settled at home xxxxx

1st FET - May 11 - BFN
2nd FET - Sept 11 - BFN
2nd ICSI - May 18 - BFN

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

sasha146

Reg: Aug 13th 2011

What's Up?
Adoption assessment complete

Monday, August 27th 2012, 10:54am

Morning girls

Jewels - :congrats:

x
ME 30 DH 37

ICSI Oct 11 :BFP
bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Monday, August 27th 2012, 1:37pm

How is everyone doing today? How are you PR? Xxxxx

1st FET - May 11 - BFN
2nd FET - Sept 11 - BFN
2nd ICSI - May 18 - BFN

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

Tuesday, August 28th 2012, 9:10am

PR-Really hope you and babies are doing well.

Lots of baby news which is fab-guess this is the thread for it.Sounds like everyone is ticking along nicely and
growing the bubs well. No Braxton hicks for me as yet but seem to have every other pain and symptom!
Finally removed myself to the sofa at 3am-felt sorry for DH as I was rolling back and forth like a noisy
whale and he hasnt had a goodnights sleep in forever.May banish myself again this evening.

Crap weekend, met with a lousy midwife on Saturday-hated her, then had some bleeding on Sunday-baby
and I are fine but it gave me a big wake up call as I have been hating the constant kicking,wriggling etc but
now its a relief. Aiming to get a stroller this week and then the list is done. Made emergency list for DH to
incase baby comes early with number for a doula, cleaner, food delivery etc-just incase we need some help.
Restful day today though so feeling good-hope you are all well, its very unnewsy at the moment!
xx

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "berecka" (Aug 28th 2012, 9:12am)

United Kingdom

Tuesday, August 28th 2012, 11:25am

Hi ladies, mind if I join you? Think I might be a week early joining the thread but I won't be going past 37 weeks so in theory I'm now in the third tri. Plus it's far more exciting in here as this is where we will become parents at long last :)

Congratulations to all the ladies who have recently become mummys.

Cindy-sorry to hear you're having trouble finding a maternity outfit. I've ordered a maxi dress from ebay for a Christening on 9th September and I just hope it fits ok otherwise I don't know what I'll wear.

RM-You must be finding it a struggle now. especially with another LO to look after. I'm still doing ok apart from all the aches and pains at night when I'm trying to sleep. I must admit I'm looking forward to finishing work next Friday though as I'm starting to get tired more easily. Can't wait to hear how your LO's are growing at your next scan.

Berecka-It sounds like you've almost got everything sorted for your LO now. Hope you've been managing to put your feet up and rest too.

Dusky-Hope you're doing okay hun. How's the nursery coming along?

Lou-I've been getting BH for a while now and I'd describe them in exactly the same way as RM. It's not good if you get one and you've got a full bladder either!

PR-keep hangning on in there hun xx

AFM-DH has started decorating the nursery and the furniture has arrived. Hopefully we should have it all finished by the time I finish work next week and then I can start washing and putting away their clothes :). Brought some lovely bits in Sainsburys at the weekend as they had 25% off but I'm trying not to buy too much as I know people will give us things as gifts.
I can't believe I've got a maximum of 9 weeks to go now..I shouldn't be too far behind most of you ladies (who knows, I might even beat you to it if they decide to come a bit early...eeeek)!

TTC since 2008

My Diary

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Wannabemum82" (Aug 28th 2012, 11:27am)

United Kingdom

Wednesday, August 29th 2012, 4:27pm

Welcome Wannabe, I'm glad your now here with your double bump - my little boy actually thinks of my bump as two and kisses either side of it! Sounds like you are pretty organised, I've just washed all the baby stuff and sorted in to drawers - I can't believe the difference in size between different shops for newborn and have picked out the littlest for my hospital bag. Well done for keeping going at work, not long to go!

Jewels - congratulations, beautiful name! I hope you and baby are doing well!

Bereka - is the crap midwife yours or is it just a one off? My local midwife is lovely, quite young and not interfering which I like - my specialist twin midwife at the hospital is lovely, slightly more scary and strict, but she knows her stuff! Hope you get a good midwife for the birth, but if you have a doula booked its maybe not so important.

Cindy - have you found something to wear?

I've had a bit of a rubbish day, been sick, felt sick and am just so weak and dizzy. I'm going to get my iron checked and BP tomorrow as well as the growth check, maybe I'm just going to have to put up with this now for the next few weeks. Also has anyone found a cure for rib pain that works while lying down? I can stretch it out when I stand up, but its so uncomfy on a night...ok whine over, will get DS ready for football and get out the house!

Love RM
xxxxxxx

United Kingdom

Monday, September 3rd 2012, 1:15pm

It's been bry quiet in here ladies...hope you're all okay.

RM-I'm hoping to start washing all the clothes when I finish work. I'm just hoping the weather will be good so I can dry it all outside. I know what you mean about size differences...I have sleepsuits from Tesco and Matlan that are supposed to be for up to 7.5lbs but the Matalan ones are definitely bigger.

Well, today marks the start of my last week at work plus I'm only doing half a day on Friday as I have my growth scan in the morning :). My first 3 weeks off are holiday and DH has taken the first week off to spend with me and to work on the huge 'to do' list that I've written!

TTC since 2008

My Diary

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Monday, September 3rd 2012, 2:16pm

Wahoo!!! Last week, that's so exciting Wannabe!!

Alls good with me, waiting for consultant appointment as I think I will have my section at a different hospital, nearer to where we live. Getting a lot of heartburn and shortness of breath and dizziness, and lovely fat ankles!!

How is everyone else? Enjoying the sunshine :thumbup: Xxxxx

1st FET - May 11 - BFN
2nd FET - Sept 11 - BFN
2nd ICSI - May 18 - BFN

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

Tuesday, September 4th 2012, 8:28pm

Hi ladies,

Jewels- Congratulations on the arrival of baby Sebastian. Hope you are both well.

Wannabe- Ooooo your final week at work how exciting. You will have time to get everything sorted, hopefully the weather will stay fine so you can get all the babies clothes on the line. Ive just finished doing mine...i loved that bit. Im all organised now just need the baby and a name!!!!!!

Dusky- Ooo heartburn you poor thing. Ive been so lucky not had any of that...feeling pretty good actually cant believe how good. Must be the iron tablets!!! I love it when the sun is out...makes me feel so much better.Hope DD is well, bet shes really excited about having a little sister.

Berecka- Sorry to hear that you had an awful Midwife. To be honest im getting a bit sick of my drs, everytime i go i see a different midwife...and they never read the notes so feel like i have to explain myself a thousand times. Soory to hear about the bleed but good to know that you and baby are well. Did you get your stroller?? Mmmm might go and do one of those lists for DP..hes hopeless.

RM- Hope your feeling better and the sickness has passed. Not long now!!! i think night times are the worst, nothing worse than being tired and not being able to sleep.

Louise- hey hun, hope your okay, not working too hard!

Stinker, caraz, and sasha- hope you are well. Sorry if i have missed anyone.

Well not long for us ladies now, cant believe how fast time has gone. So exciting.

louise78

FORUM MENTOR

What's Up?

Tuesday, September 4th 2012, 8:48pm

Hi all.

Berecka sorry you had a scare but good that all is well. Xx

Wb almost there! X

Claire - quickly! Not sure about that tbh alhoufh beginnig to speed up a bit now :)

Afm saw midwife today and she thinks baby has turned head down- we are still booked in for c action but at least, I guess, the option is there to change our minds... Oh the decision!!!

Hospital bag packed now just in case! X
6x cycles of clomid bfn
2X iui bfn
4x FET 1 early loss
1 natural early loss.

United Kingdom

Wednesday, September 5th 2012, 1:44pm

Hello Everyone

Louise - glad your bag is packed and ready and you have the option for a natural birth. My two are head down, but I'll be sticking with c section (I think!)
Wannabe - only one more full day tomorrow at work for you!
Dusky - how are your ankles, mine are a bit puffy too, am living in flip flops hope the weather doesn't change!
Claire - have you finished work now, not long to go!
PrincessR - How are you doing, just 6 days to go? Hope you are OK?

Bereka, Cindy and others how are you?

I had my 32 week growth scan last week baby boy is 4lb 8 and baby girl 4lb 3, that's 8lb 11 of baby which was DS weight at 42 weeks when he was born - its no wonder I am uncomfy and tired! DS was back at school today, am kind of missing him, but also it's lovely having peace and quiet to rest. Back to consultant tomorrow to discuss the birth and get my section date, I wonder if there will be an option for a natural birth if I go in to labour myself before 37 weeks? Will have to see what she says......

RM
xxx

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Wednesday, September 5th 2012, 1:54pm

Hi RM, wow, good sizes :) Yes, very puffy feet and ankles, not attractive, even my flipflops are tight now. My hands are starting to get swollen too :( had to take my wedding ring off the other day.

DD is so excited Claire : D I can't believe how close we are now :thumbsup: She starts nursery three mornings a week next week so that will be a nice break.

Great that LO has turned Louise :) How's work going, hope you're taking it as easy as you can.

DH took da off today, DD was at nursey this mornin so we went swimming and out for lunch, it was really lovely! Hope we manage another morning like that before LO comes along.

Got some gaviscon yesterday but still can't stand it, makes me feel really sick. Very short of breath now too, feeling very unhealthy!! Not long now...... : D : D : D

Hope everyone is enjoying the sunshine :thumbup: Xxxxxxx

1st FET - May 11 - BFN
2nd FET - Sept 11 - BFN
2nd ICSI - May 18 - BFN

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

United Kingdom

Wednesday, September 5th 2012, 4:55pm

Hi laides. Hope you're all enjoying the lovely weather.

ClaireT-It sounds like you're pretty much ready for LO to arrive now. We've really struggled with names but I think DH and I have settled on 2 at last. We'll be keeping them a secret until the boys arrive though.

Louise-Do you think you'll change your mind about having a c-section now that baby is head down?

RM-those are lovely weights hun. I'd like to get mine as close to 5lbs each as I can. I've got a growth scan on Friday and they should hopefully be around 3lb if all is going well. Mine were both head down at my last scan so there's a good chance I can have a natural birth at the moment.

Dusky-it sounds like you had a lovely morning with DH and I hope you can squeeze in another before LO arrives. I'm also suffering wth swollen ankles and feet. I can't wait to finish work as they always seem to be worse at the end of the working day.

AFM-Just one and a half days to go! Plus, it looks like the weather is going to be here for at least another few days which will be fab as it's our 5 year wedding anniversary on Saturday and DH has booked afternoon tea at the hotel where we got married :)

TTC since 2008

My Diary

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Thursday, September 6th 2012, 7:53am

blowkiss Hey girls, just a quick note to say thank you for all the comments etc youve left for me since my waters decided to go! Youre all so lovely and the support ive had off you all has been amazing. Im doing ok, ive been given the go ahead to try and get to 34 weeks so feeling happier about that! I hope everyones ok and sorry about lack of/slow responses. Im trying to catch up slowly! x blowkiss

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Thursday, September 6th 2012, 9:34am

Have been in your diary hon x it's great you're going to 34 weeks and that you're being so looked after :thumbsup: lol xxxxx

1st FET - May 11 - BFN
2nd FET - Sept 11 - BFN
2nd ICSI - May 18 - BFN

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

Thursday, September 6th 2012, 10:57am

PR- thats great news, hope they stay put!

Wannabe-that is very romantic.I really hope you guys have a wonderful time.Its been such a hard journey for us all,
its good to stop and remember where it started.

Dusky-I have blown up like a big balloon.Havent had my rings on for ages-feel like a very old pregnant slapper!I tried to
get my foot/hoof in to one of my shoes the other day and not even my toes fitted-very Cinderellas ugly sister moment.
Pregnancy definately doesnt suit me...not blooming.

RM- they sound like nice healthy sizes.My porker is 5 pounds 8 at 34 weeks-thanking my lucky stars that its a cesserian!

Louise and Claire thanks for your wishes.Had my 3rd bleed today-still no reason why but baby is fine.Freaking me out
though.I got Phil and Teds dot-we love it. DH is delighted with his secret lists-have sellotaped them around the house-
in steriliser cupboard,in pyjamer drawer etc. Its made me feel less stressed anyway.

Hi to everyone else-Im glad everyone is hanging in there and its good to be on the countdown-the end is in sight and
what an incredibly long journey its been...four years for me!Im boiling, sitting here cooking tea in a sarong...need
air conditioning asap.Take care ladies xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "berecka" (Sep 6th 2012, 11:00am)

United Kingdom

Friday, September 7th 2012, 9:29am

Hello

I have my section date Monday 1st October, steroid injections the Wednesday and Thursday of the week before. I had a good cry at the consultants, just the reality that a natural birth isn't really an option for me - I also got signed off from the clinic, first time in three years I don't have an appointment pending there! The reality is settling in that it really is nearing the end of my journey, as Bereka said its not just the last eight months its the last four years!

Bereka what a great size your baby is, do you have a delivery date yet? My friend has a phil and teds she loves it, it looks cool too!
PR - I keep popping in your diary to check you are ok, not long to wait now
Wannabe - happy last day at work and looking forward to hearing how much your boys have grown after you scan today. Enjoy your afternoon tea! It's our wedding anniversary on Tuesday, not sure we are doing anything though :-(
Dusky - my wedding ring went a few weeks ago, my husband says my hands look like Shreks! Nice that you are getting some time just you and DH. There are other options to gaviscon, have you spoken to your GP? I'm going to collect another big bottle of it today, heartburn is not fun.
Claire and Louise - hope you are well!

Enjoy the sunshine!

RM
x

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Friday, September 7th 2012, 9:53am

Great you've got a date hon, it is weird isn't it, would love a natural birth but section is least risky, and obviously best for you too.

Ooo, what else is there? Will ask next time I'm there.

I'm far from blooming too Berecka! People I haven't seen for a while just look at me and laugh, charming!! Bless your DH.

They guesstimated LO was 6.5lb at 31 weeks, fortunately they normally overestimate don't they :)

Happy last day Wannabe :) wahooooo!!! And happy Anniversary for tomorrow, hope you have a lovely day!

Having a bit of a battle trying to change hospitals, was in tears on the phone to them yesterday, very embarrassing, hopefully it'll all come together...

How's work going CT? How are you feeling?

What is everyone up to this weekend? I am just waiting for the carpet man to arrive, doing the two girls rooms today : D Can't move in our room for furniture! xxxxxxx

1st FET - May 11 - BFN
2nd FET - Sept 11 - BFN
2nd ICSI - May 18 - BFN

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Friday, September 7th 2012, 1:32pm

RM- I had the same feelings about a natural birth. If im honest, i hate every single thought of a section and had I been carrying a singleton would never have even thought about a section over a natural birth. I actually felt quite down about it. In the end though Ive realised that it is more straight forward in some respects, that theres less chance of the babies getting distressed or unwell, and although I'll take a little extra to recover, as long as the babies are ok thats the main thing. Especially in my case now! It's still hard to come to terms with mind. So i know how you feel x

Dusky- 6.5lb at 31 weeks?!?!?!?!?!? thats huge!!! LOL!!! x

Wanabe- last day in work!! and its a gorgeous day! Enjoy it x

Everyone else hope youre ok. x

louise78

FORUM MENTOR

What's Up?

Friday, September 7th 2012, 5:59pm

Rm we are booked in for the same day :)

Haven't got time to post now as off out- speak soon all xx
6x cycles of clomid bfn
2X iui bfn
4x FET 1 early loss
1 natural early loss.

4 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

4 guests