You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "kittenlove" started this thread

Reg: Jan 5th 2009

Children: 3 children

Friday, June 29th 2012, 3:48pm

Can cyclogest cause thrush like symptoms? Advice needed please!

Hi everyone :bye:
I am still taking cyclogest pesseries rectally twice a day.I am 8 weeks :BFP: Now and have to continue with them till I am 12 weeks. My problem is today I noticed stinging down there :angry: and a thrush like feeling. Also a tiny bit of blood rectally . Sorry for TMI :tear: I am so uncomfortable now!
Has anyone else suffered with this at all? If so,can I use a cream of some kind?
Any advice would be appreciated :xxx3:
:BFP: June 2012

Baby girl Millicent (Millie) born 16/1/13 bab21

United Kingdom

Reg: Jun 13th 2010

Friday, June 29th 2012, 4:01pm

I'm not sure if cyclogest can cause thrush, I didn't get it with cyclogest - but with my last pregnancy I did suffer with thrush quite a bit. You can use the canesten pessary and cream, but I would get to a docs to check it out first, just to make sure it is thrush. If you can't get straight away I doubt a bit of normal canesten used externally will do any harm and may eases the symptoms - either that or natural live yoghurt can give relief!

Poor you!

RM
xxx

Beautiful boy born in January 2007
TTC second since March 2009
Luteal phase defect - 4 rounds clomid
BFP 14.2.2012 - 2 beautiful heartbeats seen EDD 22nd Oct - Its a boy and a girl!

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Friday, June 29th 2012, 5:51pm

The progesterone in the cyclogest makes you more prone to thrush. It can happen with the pill as well. The blood can be a bit of piles as progesterone also causes constipation, but get it all checked out.
The thrush may be just a bit of irritation so go and see your GP. The GP may tell you to take the canesten cream; however as you are pregnant you mustn't take anything without medical advice, even just on the phone but please seek proper medical advice.
Take care
Maria

waylou

Reg: Sep 30th 2011

Friday, June 29th 2012, 6:11pm

in my experience ive not had thrush symptoms whilst on cyclogest. ive been taking them for a month, but i take them rectally...ive heard its too much of a mess in the front. although just experienced the constipation. maybe you should switch from front passage to back???
:BFP: - IVF - 1st Cycle - June 2012 - [zx076] seen at 8w+1d measuring 16.7mm bab22

• "kittenlove" started this thread

Reg: Jan 5th 2009

Children: 3 children

Friday, June 29th 2012, 6:24pm

I AM using them rectally at the moment........that's where the little bit of blood came from :tear: The whole area is just red raw and hurts when I wee.......oh the joys of fertility eh? [zx037]
:BFP: June 2012

Baby girl Millicent (Millie) born 16/1/13 bab21

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Saturday, June 30th 2012, 7:15am

You need to contact either your clinic or your GP.
Please do.

lief

Ace

Reg: Aug 11th 2011

Children: none but very hopeful

Saturday, July 7th 2012, 6:57am

Hi, yes contact Dr.
My doc says thrush in pregnancy is very common and can be safely treated with Canesten.
I am still using the Cyclogest front and back side. Not sure if it is because of the Cyclogest but got a sensation in the back which could be a haemoroid. Went to Boots and was give Healar which is wonderfully soothing and herbal. As soon as I feel something, out comes the Healar!

Good luck, hope you feel contented and relaxed soon! Sounds off no?
me 35 dh 42
6 natural bfp all mcs
1 bfp thru ICSI June 2011 but mc
Sept 2011 FET with immuno meds BFN
Nov-Dec 2011 ICSI with Immuun tx BFP
Seen [zx076] [zx076] at 6.5, 8.5, 10.5 and 12.5 weeks

http://www.fertilityzone.co.uk/index.php…1046&highlight=
:angel2: