You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Reg: Jun 13th 2009

Children: BMI Priory

Saturday, June 13th 2009, 1:36pm

BMI Priory Question

Hi Everyone

This is my first time on this board - We have recently been referred to the Priory from our consultant at Worcester and have our first appointment on 16th July and I just wondered what will happen at our first appt and how long it normally takes before treatment starts.

Thanks
ttc 5 years

blocked tubes
hydrosalpinx
pcos

starting first ivf at priory hosp.

Reg: Oct 7th 2005

Children: my fur baby shawnee and my beautiful daughter C born Dec 2010

Saturday, June 13th 2009, 2:31pm

Hi

It's been quite a while since my first appointment at the Priory but from what i remember it didnt take too long before we started treatment

We had had preliminary investigations such as SA and hormone blood tests done already on the nhs and i had already had an HSG (to check my tubes) and we were referred for ICSI due to poor sperm motility

At our first appointment at the Priory i think we both had our bloods taken for HIV and Hep B and discussed the treatment we were going to have and i'm pretty sure we started injecting on day 21 of that cycle as i was early on in my cycle when we had the appointment (sorry its a bit hazy but after having a few treatments now they start to blur into one :snigger: )

This was private treatment not NHS so i'm not sure if there is a longer wait for NHS

Each time we have been for treatment there the longest i've had to wait is about a month to start when they were really busy
TTC for 7 years (MFI and Immune problems)
6 ICSI's so far all BFN
Cycle with Immune treatment in Nottingham - :BFP:

Ellie's PG Diary

Reg: Apr 19th 2008

Saturday, June 13th 2009, 2:55pm

Hi both, Im also at Bham Priory.

I think you right Ellie, the only other thing I remember is having my weight and height done, and of course the forms to fill out

Good luck

xx
:cat:

1x IVF zero fert, 2x ICSI BFN, 1x FET BFN, 1x ICSI early loss

March 2010, FET , :BFP:, we have a little princess x

Reg: Jun 13th 2009

Children: BMI Priory

Saturday, June 13th 2009, 6:23pm

thanks for your replies, hope everything goes ok with your treatments. xxx :D
ttc 5 years

blocked tubes
hydrosalpinx
pcos

starting first ivf at priory hosp.

• "nojiggerchick" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Mar 7th 2010

Sunday, March 7th 2010, 11:26am

Experiences of BMI The Priory, Birmingham

Hi everyone,

I just wondered if anyone else wanted to share their experience of the Priory? I've recently had a round of IVF (NHS funded) and was very disappointed with the way I was treated. I see on an older thread that a lot of women had nothing but praise for them so I am wondering if it's because I am NHS funded. Has anyone either privately or NHS funded found the fertility nurses seem uncaring and overly clinical? Whilst they seem to be very professional and do their job very well I didn't get the feeling they actually cared about me, that I was just another patient. Did they make mistakes? I am being overly sensitive or did anyone else feel the same way? Were my expectations too high?

Sunday, March 7th 2010, 1:29pm

Hi nojiggerchick

Iv had all but 1 of my tx's (which was my 1 and only NHS tx at CRM who I have not got a good word to say about) at Bham Priory, which we paid for privately, and I have always found them to be lovely, sensative and informative. I did have an issue with our first consultant there, but I met with the fertility sister who listened to me, advised me, and we am now with a different consultant who has made all the difference.

I know other people who have also been treated there and generally they are all happy with their tx, and their happy endings.

PM me if you want, some one else might post in reply to you soon also

• "nojiggerchick" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Mar 7th 2010

Friday, April 2nd 2010, 12:17pm

Hi Gemma1, thanks for your reply. What does PM mean? I saw a few people comment on the fact that they didn't see the same fertility sister twice at the Priory but generally the responses have been positive so it must be me! My first cycle failed and I really felt they didn't care but then I suppose it's not their job to offer any emotional support.

I see you've been through a few rounds too, you poor thing. Has this one worked? Can I ask a question? How long did you wait for your 'natural period'? I bled as soon as I got a BFN but was told I had to wait until day 21 of my next 'natural - not drug induced' period. Mine is late now, is that normal after all those drugs? Keep hoping it starts soon so I can know when the next ivf cycle will start. What was your experience?

Thanks.

Friday, April 2nd 2010, 12:53pm

PM means private message

Im currently on my 2ww for a FET, test day is next Thursday

You are right that unfortunatly I have had a few tx's so I do know the staff at the priory quite well

With regard to waiting for AF I have been upto 10 days late after a failed tx, I think the drugs can mess your body about so dont worry if you are late. Who was your consultant? Are you paying private?

Reg: May 3rd 2010

Monday, May 3rd 2010, 8:43pm

Hi Everyone, just wanted to drop you my thoughts on the Priory in Brum. My hubby and I have been with the clinic since Sept 09, and we have found all the nurses fantastic. I have PCOS, we started on 2 IUI treatments both of which were abandoned and they advised us to move onto IVF. We started that in Jan 10 on long protocol and they collected 25eggs, unfortunately none fertilized - unknown reason. I worried myself sick and we were devasted. We have now gone on to short protocol with ICIS and started begining of april, all has gone smootherly this time and we had 16 eggs collected but they only injected half as the rest were immature. We dreaded the phone call the following day but too our suprise out of the 8 eggs 6 fertilised. We had the best 2 put back in but unfortunately no more embryos developed. We are back up there tomorrow for our test...so we will wait and see. But generally we think the Priory are brill.

Reg: Dec 7th 2010

Friday, December 10th 2010, 4:40pm

Has anyone been at Priory recently? I have been having a couple of private consultations there in addition to the NHS appointments (which take weeks to come through :-( )

It looks like I will now be pushed as priorty for NHS funded IVF as I had the AMH blood test and it came back low... but whilst I am waiting for that (not sure how long, but suspect about 6 months), I am going to try and fund a go myself privately starting perhaps Jan/Feb time, I am thinking it will be priory, but would welcome any advice from anyone else

I have been seeing Mr Baghdadi.. anyone else had him?

Friday, December 10th 2010, 5:34pm

Hello, we had private tx at Priory Bham (and I know other people who have as well), which resulted in a positive following FET this year!!

I was not under the consultant you are, but if you have any queries please feel free to ask me, by private message if you prefer

Good luck

Reg: Nov 10th 2010

Children: My 2 wonderful rescue dogs :)

Thursday, January 27th 2011, 3:08pm

Priory in Birmingham

I am at the Priory in Birmingham and think they are really good. I was referred by Mr Watts at Worcester Royal.

I have just had my first IUI procedure and am now on the 2WW. I think that the nurses there are very efficient and they have neve mentioned the fact that I am NHS funded at all.

I hav
Me 33 - DH 38 - TTC 3 ish years - Unexplained

3 X IUI and 1 IVF BFN in 2011
Miracle Nat BFP - MC at 9 weeks
Second Funded IVF in 2012

li li x

Reg: Mar 31st 2011

Wednesday, May 18th 2011, 11:28am

I have to say that I am currently in a cycle of icsi at the bmi priory at bham nhs funded and have found the staff to be wonderful! X

Reg: May 16th 2011

Wednesday, May 18th 2011, 12:51pm

Priory

I have to say that I am currently in a cycle of icsi at the bmi priory at bham nhs funded and have found the staff to be wonderful! X

Hi there,

I had a very unpleasant experience at this clinic last year. Of course bad things can happen everywhere but I was also not happy the way I was treated and I felt that the staff were not sensitive enough. I really hope that it will all work well for you.

Di x
Artemis-Irida

Reg: Nov 10th 2010

Children: My 2 wonderful rescue dogs :)

Sunday, May 22nd 2011, 11:00am

I have had 3 goes at IUI at the Priory and am currently waiting to start IVF injections:

The staff are wonderful
The waiting lists are not too bad
I have never been made to feel second class for being NHS funded instead of paying private

The fertility nurses really want you to succeed......but they themselves will not offer any emotional support as its not their job and they are not trainined to....but they have allways advised me to see a counsellor if struggling.

I would recommend this clinic to anyone .......
Me 33 - DH 38 - TTC 3 ish years - Unexplained

3 X IUI and 1 IVF BFN in 2011
Miracle Nat BFP - MC at 9 weeks
Second Funded IVF in 2012

Reg: Dec 14th 2011

Children: I have two sons 15 + 12 and a daughter who's 6 years old and another little man on route :)

Friday, April 27th 2012, 10:47am

Priory Birmingham

Hi all I'm currently at the Priory Birmingham is anyone else undergoing treatment here? I've looked about and I can't see anyone there :-(
Thank you in advance

Ariel

Reg: May 18th 2012

Children: 7 year old daughter

Tuesday, June 5th 2012, 10:26pm

Hi Emma

I think we have met on the cycle buddies (June). I am at the Priory too - so far overall nurses/Priory have been positive. However on my bursilin training the nurse went through it very quickly and it was clear they were running behind and wanted to get the next patient in.

I am over 2 weeks in to IVF treatment - who is your consultant is it Mr B?

xxx

Children: I have two sons 15 + 12 and a daughter who's 6 years old and another little man on route :)

Wednesday, June 6th 2012, 5:21pm

Hi Ariel

Yes we did Hun :) did you get on ok doing your burslin sad you were rushed I never had that but dh has good memory and picks instructions up quickly. I've always gone in before my appointment times never had to wait.
Two weeks in I hope it's all going well? Mrs Rajkhowa is my consultant she's wonderful : D

Xxx

Reg: Jun 1st 2012

Children: Nil

Wednesday, June 6th 2012, 8:08pm

Hi Emma and Ariel

I am having treatment at the ACU based at the Women's Hospital. We also went to the Priory Hosp initially and it was fine. We also went to have a look at the Women's also and had a chat with Mrs Rajkhowa. We decided to stay at the Women's. We have had excellent treatment so far, staff are great and Mrs R is great also.

Had my EC today so a little sore but overall it went well. 7 eggs have been retrieved.

How's it going or you?

Sending lots of luck. Ameta......xx

Wednesday, June 6th 2012, 8:14pm

Hi Ameta :) Congrats on your 7eggs Hun so is your consultant still Mrs Rajkhowa as she works there too I think?
All is great here thank you :thumbsup:

Sending you lots of luck too

Xxx

Ariel

Wednesday, June 6th 2012, 9:37pm

Hi Ladies

Emma - congrats on hearing heart beat today! i am pleased treatment at Priory has gone well. My consultant is Mr Bhagdadi seen a few times before treatment started will probably see him at EC & ET. I was refferred from City Hospital.

Ameta - well done on egg collection - keep me posted - you are 2 weeks ahead of me - i am not looking forward to EC - but will be under GA.

I am 2 days into menopur - my headaches are getting really bad and i feel very tired. I have needle marks on my stomach and the needles seem to be getting painful - am I a whimp or is this normal???

Wednesday, June 6th 2012, 10:43pm

Hi Ariel,

Thanks and yes I honestly cannot fault them in anyway which is good :thumbsup:

Menopur I was the same the first was fine was third onwards that hurt me ;( the bruises I had were awful but I think it was due to too much loose skin and not enough fat there for me. Ring clinic tomorrow and ask if your concerned though don't suffer in silence.

Xxx

Wednesday, June 6th 2012, 10:50pm

Hi All

Thanks for your support good luck to all too.

We are self funding our treatment as my DH had a vasectomy some 15 years ago and decided to by-pass the reversal route and go for ICSI. Mrs Rajkhowa is our Consultant.

I had a GA today which I was really nervous about but I ave I say everyone was fab! Mrs R did the procedure. Feeling a little sore but this is expected. Starting the 'bum bullets' tonight (as someone called them on his site which I thought was quite funny)! : D : D

Will update you all on joyful junies thread - switch over girls!!

Ariel, I had bruises on my tum following the injections also. Have you got an injector pen? I found his much easier to use or I should say my DH did!

Take care ladies! :goodluck: :goodluck:

Wednesday, June 6th 2012, 10:55pm

Hi Ameta,
We were private too as I was sterilised age 25 by my own choice. We chose to go with ICSI as our chances were and clearly are better with ICSI. I was discharged today as so far so good :)

Takecare ladies

Xxx

Thursday, June 7th 2012, 12:01pm

Hi EJ

What stage are you at now?

Ameta.....x

Thursday, June 7th 2012, 3:51pm

I had egg collection 26th April, ET 1st May, otd was 11th May BFP confirmed after scan yesterday so far so good so I was discharged back to my doctors yesterday too. They said to let them know how things pan out.

How are you feeling today?

Xxx

Thursday, June 7th 2012, 5:14pm

Hi EJ

Not feeling too bad today still a little sore and funnily enough I'm feeling constipated! Not sure if this is due to the anaesthetic?

Little bit apprehensive about tomorrows ET not sure really what to expect. Was it OK for you?

Ameta"...x

Brilliant result for you! high5

Ariel

Thursday, June 7th 2012, 8:35pm

Hi Ladies

Thanks for responses - bruises are worse today and i am only on day 3 of menopur! I am quite thin but still do have a belly - but also extra skin.

Good luck for tomorrow Ameta - keep me or June cycle chatter posted. Bum bullets?! i thought the injections are painful enough!

Emma J - hope things continue to go well.
:xxx3:

Reg: Jul 22nd 2008

Children: One beautiful daughter after 2nd ICSI attempt :) She was born October 2009

Friday, June 8th 2012, 10:16am

Hi there,
I've got a first consultation with Mrs R on Tuesday! Just wanting to see if it;s worth me trying again. I'm glad there seems to be positive comments about the priory. I'll be private too (over 40 and I have one child already from ICSI in 2009).
good luck everyone!
xx
me 42, DH 35
ICSI 1 2009 :(
ICSI 2 2009 :BFP:
ICSI 3 2011 :(
ICSI 4 2012 ??? hopefully!

Friday, June 8th 2012, 10:46am

Hi Pooch

Welcome aboard! I am having my self funded treatment at the Women's Hosp Bham but my Consultant is the same lady as Emma Jaynes Mrs Rajkhowa.

The Women's have been great absolutely no complaints! I'm 39 so also no spring chicken! 40 in Nov. let us know how you get on.

Ameta. :goodluck: :xxx:

Friday, June 8th 2012, 2:35pm

Ameta I hope ET went well? It was fine for me :)

Hi Ariel I have excess skin too but not much fat at time of my menopur I do hope it gets easier for you Hun. And thank you for hoping things continue well for me :)

Pooch hi and good luck for Tuesday. Yes I've been extremely pleased with them cannot fault at all in anyway.

Xxx

Friday, June 8th 2012, 4:34pm

Hi Emma Jane

All went well with ET plus managed to go to the toilet this morning and I have felt much better since!! So all in all it's been a good day!

Now, what do you recommend for the 2ww - take it easy? No major lifting etc Mrs R told me to carry on as normal.

What do you think?

Ameta....... :idea:

Friday, June 8th 2012, 7:23pm

Hi Ameta,

Glad to hear today went well and that you've been to the toilet.
The 2ww I didn't lift a thing I was very lazy and relaxed.

Xxx

Friday, June 8th 2012, 10:49pm

Thanks EJ. I will be doing the same.

Hope you are well.

Ariel- how's the injections? Have you nearly finished? [zx037]

Ameta

Saturday, June 9th 2012, 9:12am

Your welcome : D All is good here thanks. I hope our ok?

Xxx

Ariel

Saturday, June 9th 2012, 9:24pm

Hi Ladies & welcome Pooch

My injections are going okay - my tummy is very bruised its difficult to find a clear patch for 2 injections a day. the headaches have also eased. I am on 300 dose of menopr the leaflet says this is the highest dose? maybe because my AMH is so low at 5.9? I just hope I dont have too many other side affects as i only weigh 8.5 stones.

My first scan is next Tuesday to see if my ovaries are reacting - fingers crossed as i dont have many eggs. Also not sure if we can afford to have another-go if this doesnt work.

I also wish I had a female consultant Mrs Rajkhowa - dont know why but having a male consultant is bothering me know

XXXXXX

Sunday, June 10th 2012, 6:47pm

Hi Ariel I was on 225 menopur my amh was 16. Something I can't remember exactly. Gosh you are only a little bit at 8stone I'm sure you'll be fine :)

Good luck for your scan on Tuesday Hun try not to worry about having a male consultant you'll be alright.

Xxx

Ariel

Sunday, June 10th 2012, 8:41pm

Thanks Emma - my AMH is actually 5.1 i checked my notes - even worse.

I am on day 6 of menopur - and have pains at the top of my thighs near the joints - did you have any pains/aches?

I am feeling okay about male consultant now - just was having one of those days that felt like everything was wrong.

xxx

Sunday, June 10th 2012, 11:07pm

Hi Ariel

I had twinges/pain across my lower abdomen. I was told it was due to the follicles growing! If you have persistent pain or if you are worried contact your clinic.

Good luck for your scan on Tuesday just think by the end of this week you could be having your EC!!

It's the last lap for the injections - wait until you have to start the 'bum bullets'!! : D That's another story!

How you doing EJ? :bye:

Take care. Xxx

Ariel

Monday, June 11th 2012, 7:02pm

thanks Ameta - scan is tommorrow morning and if all goes well EC is for Monday - Im just hoping there is enough eggs!

Hope you are keeping well - and taking it easy in 2WW

xxxxx

Monday, June 11th 2012, 9:39pm

Ariel yes I did lots of aches and pains especially in lower body :-( Hope your scan goes well tomorrow.

Ameta I'm good thank you I hope your keeping well?

Xxx

Reg: Jul 22nd 2008

Children: One beautiful daughter after 2nd ICSI attempt :) She was born October 2009

Tuesday, June 19th 2012, 6:54pm

Hi all, hope you're doing well.
well, my AMH level was appallingly low 0.76 !! anything under 3 is considered very low. So I really don't have much hope, but Ariel, I'd consider your 5.1 good enough, I wish mine was that high, then I'd definitely go for it! How was your scan? I've got everything crossed for you.

Dr R is really nice btw. very realistic, sympathetic and seems to know her stuff. She explained everything really well to me.

I still feel like I want to at least try.... I dunno... it's a lot to put us through, but I feel disappointed not to be able to give my DD a sibling.
I know though, that I'm soooooo lucky to have her! I should maybe just focus on that.

xx
me 42, DH 35
ICSI 1 2009 :(
ICSI 2 2009 :BFP:
ICSI 3 2011 :(
ICSI 4 2012 ??? hopefully!

Ariel

Tuesday, June 19th 2012, 8:39pm

Hi ladies

Pooch - good luck with treatment , I totally understand about sibling for existing child, my daughter is 7 and it breaks my heart to think she may never have a sibling, shes always looking for another child to play with. But I am also so lucky to have one, and this is the only time we will have IVF - never mind the cost I have really suffered with the injections and hubby was already in two minds about IVF. I just hopes this works! EC is tomorrow at 7.15am.

Ameta/ EJ hope you are well.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I will keep you posted.

Thursday, June 21st 2012, 9:55pm

Hi Pooch I hope your doing ok? Only you can make the right decision for you :) and I'm sure you will it's good to hear Dr R has been so good with you it goes along way to be able to understand everything fully doesn't it? Have you decided what your going to do now or are you still deciding?

Ariel hi :) All good here thanks I hope EC went well for you and that your doing ok? I see what you mean about the cost and also suffering the injections my stomache was totally black from my injections ;( they hurt so much.

Xxx

Thursday, June 21st 2012, 10:44pm

Pooch - good luck with whatever decision you make. Have they given you the odds? X

EJ - how you doing? It's my OTD tomorrow - I'm a little nervous! Had a lot of twinges today! Not sure what's oing on inside! It's really weird! Where r u on the cycle? X

All the best ladies! Xx : D

Friday, June 22nd 2012, 6:51pm

Hi Ameta how did you get on today? my cycle finished 11th may with my Bfp I'm doing well :) I hope you are?

Xxx

Friday, June 22nd 2012, 9:33pm

Hi EJ

I have joined ou in the :BFP: page!

:thumbsup2:

Xx

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE