You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "Glitzy" started this thread

Reg: Oct 4th 2005

Children: Max born March 07 - thanks to frozen embryo transfer, our little miracle

Monday, April 18th 2011, 3:06pm

When was your child dry at night?

My son has just turned 4 and has been out of nappies daytime now for just over a year. Just wondering at what age I should be thinking of trying him without a pullup at night? His pullups are wet most mornings and only occasionaly will he wake up at night to go to the toilet. We have tried no drinks after 6pm and always make him go to the loo before going to bed but was thinking should we try getting him up to go to the toilet when we go to bed a few hours later? Not sure how that would go down as he hates being woken up. Any tips? Thanks x

5 x ICSI b.f.n
1 x FET resulting in my gorgeous son born 2007

• "philippa_s" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Jan 12th 2008

Monday, April 18th 2011, 4:03pm

Hi Glitzy

I used to lift my DD1 (now 18) out for a wee when I went to bed. It was a teddy bear potty with arms and she literally would sit, wee and I would life her back in. I don't think she even woke up half the time so may be worth trying this.If you were to try it with a pull up and see how he got on and if it doesn't work/ he doesn't like it he'll still be dry in his pull up anyway.

Will he wee sitting down? Otherwise it may be harder

Good luck
2 gorgeous girls and 1 on the way

Children: Max born March 07 - thanks to frozen embryo transfer, our little miracle

Monday, April 18th 2011, 4:10pm

Thanks Phillip - think we will give it a try. Our problem is he is starting to not want to wear a pullup as they are for "babies" in his opinion so he sometimes takes it off during the night and we wake up to him upset as he has a wet bed. Will give it a bash tonight and see how we get on. xx

5 x ICSI b.f.n

• "philippa_s" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Jan 12th 2008

Monday, April 18th 2011, 4:12pm

it's easier with girls admittedly as my DD used to wear a nightie so you could just pull it up.
2 gorgeous girls and 1 on the way

Reg: Jun 25th 2007

Children: Lemmy - 2008 and Diddy - 2010

Tuesday, May 17th 2011, 3:06pm

just wondered how you got on with your DS and taking him to the loo when asleep?

My DS is nearly 3 and although dry in the day, is absolutely soaked in the mornings. His nappy is so full some mornings that it leaks. I was a late 'dry at nighter' too and ended up having a nasal spray called 'desmopresin' to keep my dry, so have a feeling this may be the case with my DS.

How about some 'special pants' like training pants or something?? Not sure how big your son is as to weather they would fit - but the pants are washable so less like a nappy i suppose.

Also, have noticed that my ds will wee or poo in a nappy for the sake of it, simply because it is there. Perhaps it is a little bit of habit that he wets at night. Have you tried a couple of days in a row without a pullup?? I know it may be a lot of washing and bathing but if it does the job????

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "MSH5983" (May 17th 2011, 3:09pm) with the following reason: added a bit more

Wednesday, May 18th 2011, 9:29pm

Hi

It's made no difference so far I'm afraid he still has a wet pullup in the morning. Where do I get the training pants from? He is 110cm tall and 3stone in weight would they fit his size?

5 x ICSI b.f.n

Rene

Lone wolf

South Africa

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Children: one gorgeous boy

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental
and I know I have Attitude

Thursday, May 19th 2011, 7:15am

Hiya, H
C is a few months older than your young man and has refused to wear nappies/pullups for over a year now. This is not to say that he is night dry - by no means. I restrict his fluid, I make him go to the loo before bed and I get up between 1 and 2a.m. to take him to the loo again (he toddles back to bed himself and falls asleep instantly) as he does not wake up if he needs to wee and I still occasionally find him in a wet bed in the morning. He is probably 95% night dry (only because of the 1a.m loo visit) and I have no idea what I should be doing to get him to wake up when he needs the loo.
If you find a solution, please let me know...

PCOS, hypothyroid - on thyroxine, aspirin and Met
Lap/Ovarian Drilling Oct 2005
DIUI X5 + 2 abandoned cycles (total 7 cycles)
:BFP: 22 March 2006 - Connor Born 24 November 2006 - unplanned c-section
At 3 and a half C finally gave up the boob!

Reg: Jun 25th 2007

Children: Lemmy - 2008 and Diddy - 2010

Tuesday, May 24th 2011, 3:03pm

ive seen the training pants in boots and mothercare, not sure if you'd be able to get a bigger size online though. Also might be able to find one from somewhere that sells "real nappies" as they do a training pant which goes quite big. Not sure exactly how big though. They are like a cotton towelling fabric pant.

Reg: Sep 13th 2006

Children: One daughter

Tuesday, March 6th 2012, 8:33am

I think our method was accidental really rather than thought through as we were just finding our way as we all do but this is what we did and it worked really well.

I did one of those potty train in a 2 days type things which in reality took about a week. Then after about 2 weeks of nappies at night, we took her out of nappies at night and did this double layer with the bed thing which meant less disturbed nights if the bed did get wet.

I had a proper waterproof mattress cover and then a sheet. Then on top a bed mat and another sheet. So if the bed got wet then I could lift her up, whip off the bedmat and sheet and had a made bed waiting to pop her straight back in to. I think the fact she wasn't wearing a nappy or pull up made her more aware of needing a wee so she would wake up and call me if she needed a wee rather than wetting the bed.

Obviously what you sacrifice is a whole night's sleep because for several months she did wake me every night to take her for a wee but she was dry through the night at 2 within about 4 weeks of being potty trained.

I have no idea if this would work for anyone else or if we were just lucky but I can count the number of wet beds we had on two hands.

But I would also say that girls are notoriously quicker with this and most of my daughter's male buddies are still in nappies at night as her nephews were at 4. But I do wonder if we stumbled on something in that if you have a nappy on and you are used to weeing in a nappy why would you wake up where as if there is no nappy then you'll have a few wet beds, not like the feel of it and then start waking for a wee instead. Worth a try maybe?
MC 1997, Ectopic 2006, Tubal infertility, 1st IVF :BFP: [zx098]

kski

Ace

Reg: Mar 26th 2006

Monday, May 28th 2012, 8:09pm

hi

having mixed twins - i can testify girls seemed to have evolved a better bladder, Girl 1 is watertight, only wets the bed if she is ill, and then tries to change it as she is distraught. Son no 1 uses pajama pants ( boots, supermarket own), I generally take him to the pp pot when i go to bed but I have noticed he can wee from 1 hour in to 3 hours. Tbh he doesn't seem that bothered.

I think it's one of those things that is indicative off male behaviour throughout life, Sleep any where in any mess!
DAD to twins

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE