You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "jambogirl" started this thread

Reg: Mar 1st 2012

Wednesday, April 4th 2012, 2:27pm

Blood seen on scan

Had my 8 week scan today and as some of you might know ive had spotting every 2-3 days for over a week, only when i wipe nothing further. The scan went well everything as it should be but she did notice a slight bit of blood build up just under the pregnancy. She did say i might have a bit more bleeding or it could just reabsorbe. Anyone know why this happens, causes or what it actually is? Could this cause me to loose the baby? she said its small. Also im o- blood group and she said if its heavier than just wiping i need to see the midwife for a jag, left happy everything was ok with baby but still quite!!!!!

• "jambogirl" started this thread

Reg: Mar 1st 2012

Wednesday, April 4th 2012, 3:14pm

ment to also say she said sometimes there is a small separation which can cause bit of bleeding, the word separation does not sound good either does it??

Reg: Mar 12th 2012

Children: 2 children age 6 and age 9

Wednesday, April 4th 2012, 3:23pm

hi there,

im not sure if this helps but wen i was pregnant with my soon who is now 5 i spotted all the way through my pregnancy, i also was told at 6 week scan thts there was a build up of blood on the right side of the pregnancy, they told me i would continue to spot or it would come away during labour. mine came away wen i was 32 weeks but caused no damage and baby was fine i had him at 35 weeks. so dont worry too much hun just take it easy thts wat they told me to do. they told me sometimes implantation van cause u to bruise and bleed. my friend bled so badly with her lil girl she had to have 3 blood transfusions and baby was fine and she went to term. x
hope everything turns out ok gud luck hun xxxx

TTC- 3 years and 5 months :thumbdown:

first pregnancy 2003 no problems lil girl

second pregnancy ended in miscariage august 2005 at 10 weeks :-(

third pregnancy 5 weeks prem 2006 lil boy

bin trying for baby#3 since november/2007

start clomid july 2012 :)

Wednesday, April 4th 2012, 4:31pm

Hi Jambogirl

As Lauren said before there are many ladies with bleeds and spotting during pregnancy and it turns out fine at the end. I didn't have any bleed/spotting with my DS but as you know from previous posts I do have quite a bit with this pregnancy. Please do not worry as it doesn't help!

I'm also 0 Rh - and I had my jab after my DS was born 11 years ago and I had another one a few weeks ago when I had first bleed. There is nothing to worry about as it is simple routine for all 0 Rh - pregnant ladies. I would recommend to see your midwife before you have heavier bleed as you might not have it and you need this injection even if there is a bit of brown discharge. (it's what my doctor said) But again, nothing to worry about as it doesn't cause any problems on your baby at this early stage.

Good luck and lets know how are you getting on xxx
TTC since Nov.2009
2011 clomid 6x :BFN:
2011 clomid,gonal,ovitrelle 2x :BFN:
Feb.2012 clomid,gonal,ovitrelle :BFP:
6w+2 seen a lovely [zx076]

12w+5 everything looks perfect, measured 66mm OTD 4th of Nov.

It's baby7 arrived on 15.10.2012

United Kingdom

Reg: Jun 13th 2010

Wednesday, April 4th 2012, 5:54pm

Hi, I have what they called a haematoma, or a bruise that you an see on the scan, they thought it might be a third baby for a while....apparently I will have spotting or it will just reabsorb, they didn't say why it happens though. I am sure it will be ok, maybe you could ask your midwife if you are concerned, did she give you a number?

Beautiful boy born in January 2007
TTC second since March 2009
Luteal phase defect - 4 rounds clomid
BFP 14.2.2012 - 2 beautiful heartbeats seen EDD 22nd Oct - Its a boy and a girl!

Reg: Feb 26th 2007

Children: one very special daughter

Wednesday, April 4th 2012, 6:17pm

Hi there,
Please don't worry. these clots are very common and only a cause for concern if very large. the incidence of miscarriage with them is rare and almost always with a large one, many cm in size. the alarming thing is that you often get spotting with them but sounds like they have given you advice on when to call so follow that. the separation can occur if the blood clot is behind where your placenta is attaching to the uterus. if the clot comes away it can push a little bit if the placenta away but often is just orbed instead.could wel be more common in pregnancy than realised as often absorbed

me 38, DP 44, ttc since 2005
BFP May 07 - HB seen @ 8 wks but CRL only 7 weeks, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Jan 08 -m/c @ 11 wks (D&C)
BFP Jun 08 - early loss
BFP Dec 08 - HB & CRL ok @ 8 wks, but sac too small, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Apr 09 - Martha born 9th Jan 2010
BFP Feb 12 - Eliza born 13th Oct 2012