You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Loveistheanswer" started this thread

Friday, March 9th 2012, 10:18am

Blood issue. ORh "-"

Hello lovely ladies

Just wondering if anybody been in the same situation or experienced same as me.
I have blood type 0Rh negative and my husband is ARh positive. It is known that during pregnancy the pregnant woman can produce antibodies if child gets Rh positive from father and it needs close monitoring for the injection to be done in time. It is known that usually the chance of producing antibodies rises with every pregnancy. This is not my first pregnancy. My DS (born 2001) is Rh positive and I didn't have any injections during first pregnancy but had one straight after he was born (I had serious blood lost and manual placenta removal) I'm sorry for tmi!!!! Then we had early m/c at 6 weeks back in 2009. I didn't have any injections after.
My question is, if anybody had similar situation, how often you were doing blood tests? And when did you have your injection if you had one?
I'm sorry if I sound a bit whatever, but I know if it's not monitored as supposed it can lead to m/c or steel born or child's anemia etc etc
Thank you for reading and sharing your experience.
TTC since Nov.2009
2011 clomid 6x :BFN:
2011 clomid,gonal,ovitrelle 2x :BFN:
Feb.2012 clomid,gonal,ovitrelle :BFP:
6w+2 seen a lovely [zx076]

12w+5 everything looks perfect, measured 66mm OTD 4th of Nov.

It's baby7 arrived on 15.10.2012

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Friday, March 9th 2012, 10:34am

I'm rh neg too. It's only a problem if there's a chance that there's a blood crossover so if you bleed or have, terrible pains, a bad fall or car accident so you would have an anti-d injection.

Nowadays you're routinely tested and offered anti-d according to your hospital's policy (and latest research) so you may have to have the injection a couple of times towards the end of your pregnancy along with a shot after your baby is born.

It's all pretty routine stuff although it's moved on a bit. My daughter was born in 1999 and routine blood testing and preventative anti-d wasn't offered to me either, even by 2004 when I had number two. Now it's routine to have tests and prophylactic injections but it's a fairly new safety measure and the vast majority of women don't 'need' the injections, it's almost like vaccinating against something you're not likely to catch.

So don't worry, the tests and injections are there as a precaution and you'll be monitored without much fuss anyway but talk to your midwife and get her to put your mind at rest x

Friday, March 9th 2012, 12:16pm

Thank you very much Bells, it's nice to know that things moved a lot since 2001, although I was injected after giving a birth and only bcs of manual placenta removal...as it was in a different country where I am now, things just seem different. My doctor warned straight away that I can be injected and I shouldn't be worried, and things nowadays very different to what it was 11 years ago. But you know how it is, "don't worry" easy said then done!
TTC since Nov.2009

Curlytails

GLOBAL MODERATOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Apr 18th 2010

Children: One gorgeous boy

What's Up?
What next? :sadface:

Friday, March 9th 2012, 5:05pm

Hi, I'm negative and had the jab at 28 weeks. Like Bells says if you have a bleed fall etc before then you may need a booster but there really is nothing to worry about. When baby is born they will test the blood in the placenta and if s/he is positive you'll have another jab but not if s/he is negative.

1st IVF :BFN: 1st FET no transfer :sadface: 2nd IVF :BFP: DS born 2012
2nd FET :BFP: early loss :sadface: 3rd IVF Feb/Mar14 :BFN: 4th IVF Aug/Sept 14 :BFN:

Friday, March 9th 2012, 7:21pm

Thank you ladies!!!

Like I said before it's good to know that things improved since...as my doctor explained the whole thing said nothing to worry about (I do trust him) but my DH when heard all that was scared to pieces and googled it...and of course found out loads of bs!!! so I thought I better post here and give to read up to date from experienced ladies!!!

Thank you ladies once again you put my and dh's mind at rest xxx
TTC since Nov.2009

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE