You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Optimist

Reg: Mar 17th 2011

Saturday, March 26th 2011, 2:10pm

U/S on monday

Hi

Thank you to everyone for replying to me on the crinone thread. Well I went to a&e yesterday as my mum was telling me to get checked out. The doctor was so lovely she took a urine test obviously it came back positive but she also said it had blood in there too but no infection which is good.

Anyway the doctor has booked me a scan on monday at the early pregnancy unit within the hospital. I will only be 6 weeks so I don't know if they will be able to see anything??

I have had no pain other than the pulled muscle type of pain when I cough or sneeze or suck my belly in (lol).

I'm worried as I don't feel pregnant at all. Is this normal? My boobs don't feel tender, they're still big and have visable blue veins all over. I have been feeling tired and getting headaches but no tender boobs anymore and no sickly feeling. Is this normal?

Layla

Xx

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Optimist" (Mar 26th 2011, 2:12pm)

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 2nd 2009

Children: Beautiful Jessica Mae x Holly and Elliot!

Sunday, March 27th 2011, 11:35am

Hi there,

Glad that you are getting things sorted.

It's hard to say about the scan. They may be able to see something but unsure if they will be able to detect a heart beat as yet. I had a scan at 6+4 and they detected the heartbeat and a tiny little bean but other than that there wasn't a great deal to see. However, I have heard of some ladies who don't get a heartbeat until around 7 weeks so don't be too worried - everyone is different.

With regard to symptoms, again, it's really hard to say what means what as everyone is different. I didn't have any symptoms really at all. I knew when I first got pregnant because my sense of smell was amazing and I got dandruff really bad for a couple of weeks. I didn't get any sickness really. My boobs did swell but not a huge amount really when I look back (although has left me with 32E)! Other than that I had nothing - I wasn't really peeing more than normal or anything. I also know of a lady with twins who didn't get any sickness either!

Fingers crossed all goes well x
3 X ICSI
Jessica Mae Duffety born sleeping on 9 January 2011 (21+2) - TS and HLHS
Holly and Elliot Duffety born on 16 October 2011 (25+6)
Natural Surprise - Matthew Evan Duffety born sleeping on 11 October 2013 (15+5)

*daisy*

Reg: Feb 3rd 2011

Children: One beautiful daughter -born Oct '11

What's Up?
I am PUPO. 2 blasts on board. OTD 30th Jan xx

Sunday, March 27th 2011, 4:12pm

I had a scan at 6 weeks and they could detect a heartbeat but that was very early and we were lucky so don't be surprised if they don't detect that yet. You should see "evidence" of a pregnancy though - yolk sack, and a fetal pole. But again, sometimes the uterus can be tilted and pregnancies are not always detected. It's just so early to say anything for sure.
This is a good website you may want to ckeck out: http://www.advancedfertility.com/ultraso3.htm

5 - yes FIVE angels baby5 All early losses due to elevated NK cells.

1st IVF january 2011 resulted in our beautiful daughter born Oct 2011 bab10

My diary

Optimist

Reg: Mar 17th 2011

Wednesday, April 6th 2011, 10:47am

Hi, I had a scan yesterday at 7 weeks exactly and we saw a heartbeat measuring 146 bpm and the GS measured 24 mm but the baby only measured 9 mm and the sonographer asked me how far I am. I said 7 weeks today and she was like no that can't be right are you sure? I said yes absolutely I had ivf so I know my dates to the day. And then she started saying with a shock, oh why did you have ivf you're so young and she kept saying it like 3 times I blanked her. WTF?!! Then I started panicking and I said why is the baby measuring small she was like you must have your dates wrong, I said I don't. Then she could see I was getting a bit worried and rightly so she made out like there was something hugely wrong! She started saying well don't worry the main thing is the heartbeat is strong and it should be fine just go to your doctor or midwife. Thanks for the reassurance love.

Is 9 mm short for 7 weeks? I'm scared. She measured the GS and it was measuring 1 day ahead. She came across really ignorant and even my DH was put off by the too young for ivf comments.

Laila xx

Reg: Aug 12th 2010

What's Up?
(",)

Wednesday, April 6th 2011, 2:50pm

Because they do measurements right down to the millimetre, getting them spot on presents so much room for error. And they're doing it by eye too, looking at fluffy grey lines.

I was scanned at 7+4 and the embryo was 11mm. If embryos grow at approx 1mm a day in the early days then it sounds like you're certainly well within what they call normal ranges. Embryo size can be across a range, because they do develop at different rates, and don't forgot about the possibility for errors taking measurements. Plus, your baby has a strong heartbeat, which is a very good sign.

And as for the "too young for IVF" comment? Hmmm...obviously, you're not, since you've actually had a cycle! I can certainly understand how her comments seemed ignorant. I've begun to realise that most people don't know an awful lot about IVF, even if they work in the health service, and make incorrect assumptions. And comments such as these always seem to come at times when you're least in the mood (or position!) to reply.

Congrats on your BFP and good luck Laila x
Aug/Sept 2010 ICSI :BFP: :girl:

Reg: Aug 24th 2008

Children: 2 daughters

Tuesday, January 3rd 2012, 11:23am

Hi Ladies, I'm 10 weeks pregnant and im wondering whether my 20 week scan will pick up congenital cataracts. I have cataracts and many of my family members so im quite aware there is a good possibility. My DD has not got cataracts but when i was pregnant with her I didnt know there was a possiblity of detection at the scan. It was never bought up and she was checked at birth and later on and much to our relief she has really good eyesight. I recently read this can be detected at the scan. Does anyone know the detection rates? Also does anyone know the chances of my baby having cataracts - is it 50%?

thanks
DH poor motility-Excellent SA following change in diet
BFP:26.09.08

fuzzy bee

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Sep 10th 2010

What's Up?
Tired but happy!

Tuesday, January 3rd 2012, 2:17pm

Hi!
I never knew that was something they could look for so thank you for learning me something new! What I was going to say was if you're only 10weeks you'll have a scan and midwife appointment around 12weeks so ask them then, they might not know themselves but if you ask them then maybe they can look into it for you before the 20week scan?
Good luck and I hope all works out well for bub number 2!
[zx102]

IUI Nov 09 BFN ..... 1st ICSI Oct 10 BFP m/c 8weeks ;( ..... 2nd ICSI June 11 [zx076] [zx076]
MY DIARY

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 12th 2008

Children: Two beautiful little girls, so so lucky!! :)

What's Up?
:easter:

Monday, February 27th 2012, 10:16pm

I am going stir crazy.... X(

Please can someone give me their honest opinion/experience/advice etc

I had my first scan last week at 6+1, though I thought I was 6+5 as had blasto... Anyway, saw two empty sacs, no fetal pole, nothing...the sonograher did look quite worried but said it was early and to come back this Thursday, so 7 weeks... I am so worried!!!

Did another test today and still positive, if they were just staying at empty sacs surely it wouldn't be positive..,right?? Xxxxxxx

1st ICSI - Oct 08 - :BFP:!!! DD born July 2009 : D
1st FET - May 11 - BFN :-(
2nd FET - Sept 11 - BFN :bawl:
3rd FET - Jan 12 - :BFP: DD2 born October 2012

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

kat13

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Sep 16th 2010

Children: One beautiful little girl

What's Up?
:)

Tuesday, February 28th 2012, 7:42am

Hey Dusky, when I had my missed m/c I think I was 7 weeks and was told there and then at the scan it had all gone wrong so if the nurses still have hope then hold onto your pma. Unfortunatly a test will still show up positive, as your body is still producing all the hormones. the only way you'll find out for sure is on Thursday. Really your clinic shouldnt have booked you in before 7 weeks as its just too early. I've got everything crossed for you and i'm sure you will be fine, try to keep yourself busy between now and thursday [zx127]
Lily born 30/04/12
6 weeks early via c section

MY DIARY

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Tuesday, February 28th 2012, 8:44am

Thanks so much Kat x :hugs: xxxxxx

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

gemmab

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Feb 8th 2008

Children: 2 miracle icsi boys and 2 step kids.

What's Up?
Getting ready for another egg donation!!!

Tuesday, February 28th 2012, 8:49am

I have to agree with Kat that the test would still show up positive- it did with my missed m/c

But also it's not all lost cause sometimes they don't see anything till seven weeks anyway.

Thinking of you gun and good luck for thursday.x

ICSI 1 Apr 08-m/c 9.5.8
FETJul 08-BFN
ICSI 2 Dec 08 (ES) -I'm a mummy Kaynan arrived 19.8.09! :heart:
ICSI 3 Dec 10 (ES) -BFN
FET Mar 11- BFP- M/C ;(
ICSI 4 (ES) -:BFP: 1.7.11 Cobi arrived 09.03.12 [zx160]
Egg donation Aug 2012 BFN for recipient- gutted
Egg donation Dec 2012 Recipient :BFP:
Egg donation 27.05.2013- not great - please pray for the recipient :dust:

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Tuesday, February 28th 2012, 9:26am

Thanks so much Gemma...2 more sleeps....xxxxxx

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

Deedles

Reg: Nov 12th 2011

Children: none yet !

Sunday, August 5th 2012, 11:00pm

12 week nuchal scan this week, thursday.

HI I have my Nuchal scan and Blood test this week.
Anyone in the Uk have much experience of knowing a lot there and then if things are ok,
DO they try and tell you pretty much there and then if things are ok with the nuchal scan

eeeek
Hope everyone is well in their pregnancies and best wishes everyone

Deedles

Love to hear from anyone with experience of nuchal scans xxx

Gracie

Reg: Jul 15th 2007

What's Up?
I now have double the trouble :)

Monday, August 6th 2012, 1:18pm

Hi Deedles

Hope all goes well with your scan this week. Yes, the sonographer will tell you if she thinks there is a problem, the scan will measure the fluid in the back of the baby's neck. I was there for ages with my last 12 week scan because my naughty baby was in a bad position! However, you will have to wait for the bloods to come back to get the full result. Assuming your hospital works in a similar way to mine you should be told that they will get in touch very quickly if there is an obvious problem, otherwise you'll just get a letter a couple of weeks later advising of your results.

:goodluck: and enjoy it! It's lovely seeing them wriggling away on the screen!

xxx

Deedles

Reg: Nov 12th 2011

Children: none yet !

Tuesday, August 7th 2012, 10:52pm

thanks Gracie...lets hope it goes all ok
2 more sleeps !

best wishes
Deedles :)

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE