You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Jun 11th 2010

Children: no.

Friday, February 4th 2011, 5:53am

Hi ladies,

Hope you don't mind me joining in. My twin babas are due in 5 weeks according to my due date. I have gone with the mamas and papas primo Vigo, it has quite a long wheel base but as they sit/lie one in front of the other it isn't very wide. It is quite big but has a steering handle on it so it's quite easy to handle. It is expensive but we luckily bought it from a friend of a friend complete with car seats. When they can sit up more they can face you, the outside world or eachother which I thought was quite cute and the frame fits easily into a mid sized car.

Hope this helps someone.

Jayxx
TTC 3years
Icsi ET 24th June-2 embies back (1 frozen)
7th July :BFP:
19th Oct scan- A baby girl and a baby boy [zx076] [zx076]
Ethan Craig and Kiera Christine Jarvis born 1st march 2011.
Jayxx

Reg: Mar 14th 2008

Children: Logan James born 24-12-2008

Friday, April 1st 2011, 2:28pm

I have been lookin at Pram for weeks and seen the one I wanted ages ago but was looking online to see if I could get it cheaper, its the baby jogger twin and I want it in black, and at last found it for 285! From next :) which im over the moon wit as it is almost 400 other places, I no u can't put car seats or carry cots on them but as I have really weal wrists I don't think I could push it bein that heavy, and watching my 2 year old with whatever he's doin ( thinkin of using a buggy board?) ......but I have read that u can use the soft gracco carry cots and they fit on, so think well give those a try......just so excited its been ordered :) x
1st ICSI- Mar/Apr08 :BFP:
Logan James born 24-12-08 smile2
3rd ICSI December :BFP: :heart: :heart: seen at 7 wks

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "shadow" (Apr 1st 2011, 2:29pm)

Reg: Mar 14th 2009

Children: A special baby boy and a beautiful baby girl

Wednesday, January 18th 2012, 11:13am

Hi Everyone,

I know this thread is a bit old, but hopefully I'll get some advice.

I am not expecting multiples but will have a 14 month age gap so will need a double pushchair. Looking around, there seems to be 3 choices - tandem, in-line or side-by-side. What do others have and what do you recommend?

My single pushchair is so easy to push and steer (even one handed), fold down and not too heavy. I like the idea of being able to put the car seat on (we have a maxi-cosi cabriofix), but that restricts my choice and DH doesn't seem to think it is that important. I also like the idea of it going back to a single once DS walks on his own (with maybe a buggy board on the back if he gets tired). Are the tandem pushchairs hard to get up/down kerbs or steer around corners - they seem so long? The in-line seems to be a bit unfair for baby at the bottom who won't be able to see a lot (especially if I get one where the car seat goes on as DS will be on the bottom). The side-by-side ones are much wider and although say suitable from birth, do not lie as flat as a carrycot would.

Help??

Nikki x

Over 5 years TTC, unexplained infertility
IVF Aug 09, IUI Nov 09, IUI Jan 10, IUI Mar 10 :BFN:
IVF Jul 10 :BFP:
Shock natural :BFP: on 16 Oct 12

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 2nd 2009

Children: Beautiful Jessica Mae x Holly and Elliot!

Wednesday, January 18th 2012, 11:36am

My iCandy Peach Blossom is a single buggy which changes into a double with some handy adaptors. You can buy the Peach on its own but if you get the Peach Blossom it comes with the adaptors I think. It comes with a seat unit and a carrycot I think or perhaps you have the option, I am not sure. The Cabriofix seats fit onto the base unit (again, either one or two) with some adaptors that you can buy at the time you purchase the buggy. They are pretty expensive (£30 per adaptor and you need a front and rear) but well worth it. I have just started to use it as my twins are finally home now and LOVE IT! It was £1050 for the Peach Blossom Twin (which comes with two seat units and two carrycots - you may not need these) so I assume the Peach Blossom will be slighty cheaper.

The base folds really small (I reckon it could fit in a Fiesta to be honest) and is easy to carry. The whole unit when made up is light and so easy to move - with both my twins in I can still turn it with one finger (having said that, my twins are still tiny)! The carrycots and seat units come with raincovers which, unlike others I have seen, actually look really nice.

I got mine from John Lewis - I am not sure where else sells them but I know you can't buy them online as iCandy don't allow the prices to be advertised for some reason. There are a few for sale on ebay too but I assume you would have to collect them from wherever they are. Another good thing is that the ones on ebay are still selling for quite a lot of money so at least you might get some of your money back if you come to sell it later.

Hope that helps.

h
3 X ICSI
Jessica Mae Duffety born sleeping on 9 January 2011 (21+2) - TS and HLHS
Holly and Elliot Duffety born on 16 October 2011 (25+6)
Natural Surprise - Matthew Evan Duffety born sleeping on 11 October 2013 (15+5)

United Kingdom

Reg: Dec 22nd 2008

Children: Beautiful twin daughters and two grown up stepdaughters

Wednesday, January 18th 2012, 12:36pm

I've always loved this thread and can't resist sticking my oar in here.

I had the iCandy Peach Blosson and, like Hayley, I absolutely LOVED IT when my twins were small, but once they hit 9 months and moved into the big seats it was absolutely useless because the child at the back, which would be your older child, Nikki, was horribly squashed in the back seat which also didn't recline much. It was also hard to get one of the girls into the back seat and usually required taking the front seat off first, whilst holding whichever child had been sitting there, to get the second child out. Whilst the base does fold small, when using it with carrycots or the big seats it only just fitted in the huge boot of my Porsche Cayenne and did not fit in our nanny's VW Golf. It is a gorgeous buggy but is very probably not going to be what you are looking for.

I eventually sold the iCandy (bought for £1,100 sold for £760 so not too much loss) and swapped it for a no frills, cheap and cheerful Nipper 360 (around £300) which is a dream to push, reasonably easy to fold (nothing for twins is ever that easy) and fits through most single doors. I have recently swapped the Nipper for the Baby Jogger City Mini (also around £300) and I think this would probably be the best compromise for a new born and a toddler. It is also narrow enough to fit through a single door, is by far the easiest double buggy to fold, folds down smaller that the Nipper, and although it is not as easy to push as the Nipper it is still fairly good. The seats fold almost flat so can be used for a newborn and the new 2011 model of the City Mini can also take a carrycot for your newborn baby (I think it is less than £100 for the add on). It can also theoretically take a car seat but the adapters are only sold in the US and are only compatible with US car seats. It also comes in gorgeous colours - I have purple. Available from John Lewis etc. so go and have a play.

My DH will kill me if I even think about buying another one (we also have 2 singles) but choosing a buggy is so much fun. Enjoy!
Newly Wed

ICSI December 2008 - chemical pregnancy
ICSI May 2009 - BFN
FET September 2009 - BFP
Beautiful twin girls born 30 April 2010

United Kingdom

Reg: Oct 2nd 2009

Children: None!!!!

Wednesday, January 18th 2012, 7:30pm

Nikki, have a look at Baby Jogger City Select. It can be used both as single and double, both seats bacan face either way, you can get carrycots for it and it fits Maxi-cosi car seat, with adaptors. It is the one I am seriously considering for our twins.

It folds very easily, it is not wide, a bit longer if you use it as a double, but you always have an option to use at just a single one, so for example, if you are going out just with the baby, you don't have to struggle with the double pushchair.

What iespecially like, is that the baby at the back is sitting higher than the one at the front, so even if you have them facing forward, both can see what is going on. And - they can face each other!!!

The shopping basket is huge as well, things clip in and out very easily, and the seats are both same (full) size, not as with iCandy. Also, it is cheaper. We have been quoted in the shop for the pushchair with the second seat unit, two carrycots, car seats, adaptors, rain covers, footmuffs, basically all we would need, £1000. Actually, I just took the quote out, and for the pushchair with two seat units, 1 carrycot, one set of car seats adaptors, 2 footmuffs, 2 rain covers it works out about £730 in the shop I visited - you might be able to get it cheaper by ringing a few stores. ICandy Peach Blossoming the same shop would be just over £1000 for the same combination. They are not sold on line. You can see them in some John Lewis stores as well.
TTC since 10/2007

Clomid 7 months
FSH>9
IVF#1 Nov 2010 - :BFN:
AMH - 1.49

IVF#2 Sep 2011 - :BFP:
Two [zx076] at 7w+1, 10w, 12w+1
20 week scan - all is well
Private scan abroad at 22 weeks - all is well, one boy :boy: and one girl :girl: !
28 weeks scan - both babies are measuring average, 1.2kg estimated weight each!

fuzzy bee

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Sep 10th 2010

What's Up?
Tired but happy!

Wednesday, January 18th 2012, 10:38pm

My husbands favourite topic!!!
We have spent most of our pregnancy trying to work out which pram will suit us and have tried out all of them in a variety of shops and the Baby show.
First I would suggest is if you can get yourself to either the Baby Show in february or to a decent baby shop, try them all out, somewhere you can actually compare them properly. We went to a shop in Croydon and they were fab. They had the City Select, iCandy, Bugaboo, Mountain Buggy, so we could compare the lot, and with the combo of car seats/cots/seats any which way you want. I am pretty sure there's a shop Bromley way as well?

We have settled on the iCandy Peach Blossom. This link (not endorsed by FZ) shows that DS will indeed be at the front not the bottom, but always facing forwards.
iCandy peach blossom
I like the fact it is the size of a single and has been adapted to a double. But I do understand that with twins it will only last for a year as once they're both in seats they bottom one will be looking at the top ones backside. But for you hopefully DS will be walking more and you won't need it as a double by then. The main reason we've bought it is the fact that you can put car seats on it, so the frame can fit in our Golf no problems, and it did fit with the two seats also, not much space left for shopping but that's going to be online now anyway!!
Ok so we are hugely indecisive and came to the conclusion that we would be getting rid of the iCandy after a year and would need something else then anyway, so have also bought a Bugaboo Donkey! But it's so we can use the carrycots now, as they make you have them, that's a whole other story!

I didn't like the City Select as it's way too long, like a truck! We measured it lengthways and even with the seats it's longer than any other pram, which means that when you want to cross the road and you're at an island you have to be really careful. The other issue I had with it was the child at the front was lower and you wouldn't always be able to see them, which when facing you was kind of the point.

We did like the Nipper and the Mountain Buggy but were put off by the car seat issues.

So I'm biased, all for the iCandy then!!! Last thing I promise, I notice you're 18weeks so you have lots of time ahead of you. Just so you know iCandy are releasing an upgrade to the Peach Blossom so that the bottom cot/seat will be the same size as the top one and the seat will have 3settings instead of 2. It's not out yet so we can't get it but if you wait you might be able to get the 2012 kit and be able to use it for longer anyway. Just a thought, sorry for the essay!!! But it's all we've talked about for months!

Good luck! :mmmmmm
[zx102]

IUI Nov 09 BFN ..... 1st ICSI Oct 10 BFP m/c 8weeks ;( ..... 2nd ICSI June 11 [zx076] [zx076]
MY DIARY

allyt

Reg: Jan 26th 2012

Thursday, January 26th 2012, 10:06am

Hi All

I'm also in the same boat & looking for a pram for twins at the moment, I have now decided its betwenn the city jogger double & the city jogger select, I have looked at both & I have the standard jogger for my 2yr old & its so easy to put up & down, the only thing I'm not sure about on the select is when I tried it out reclined in the toddler seat, they wouldnt have much room when both seats are fully reclined, it will be ok when babies but when a bit older it does like their legs would be squashed unless they are facing towards each other, I also think it would be better if their side by side as 1 wont be kicking the other, also I know when I used to be out & about an spoon feeding my little 1, I just used to do it in the pram & think it would be more akward if 1 is behind the other, so think I've talked myself into the standard jogger which is also half the price. Sorry I've rambled on abit but just thought I'd put my views across.

x

fuzzy bee

FORUM MENTOR

What's Up?
Tired but happy!

Thursday, January 26th 2012, 10:26am

The ramblings of a madwoman?!
Don't worry Ally, it's sensible to ask around and get some opinions, but at the end of the day and exactly as you have done, only you know what you need it for and how you'll use the pram and we all have different needs, there's no perfect solution. So it sounds like you've decided!
Will you be needing a surfer board for your older child?
[zx102]

IUI Nov 09 BFN ..... 1st ICSI Oct 10 BFP m/c 8weeks ;( ..... 2nd ICSI June 11 [zx076] [zx076]
MY DIARY

Thursday, February 16th 2012, 8:21am

Thanks for all your advice girls. Well I think it is down to either the iCandy Peach Blossom or the BabyJogger City Select.

I am concerned whether the iCandy will last long enough (as we don't want to have to buy another one down the line), but I do prefer the quality of it over the babyjogger (fabrics etc). I know there is a new version of the iCandy coming out, but we need ours by end May so not sure we'll be able to wait for that. The babyjogger is also much longer that the iCandy and worried how easy it'll be to get up & down kerbs. Do all tandems have trouble fitting a changing bag over the handle??

Do you think it is worth going to the baby show to look at them, or if they have them in our local shops, there will be no benefit in going there?

I'll be happy once we've made the decision.

Thanks again
Nikki x

United Kingdom

Thursday, February 16th 2012, 8:51am

Nikki, baby jogger has new seat colours (and maybe fabrics) coming out in March, I found it on one of other forums. As with regards to kerbs, the rear wheel axis is very convenient to kick it up the kerbs - the break is not by the wheels, so you don't risk engaging it, it is by the handle.

I haven't tried fitting a changing bag on baby jogger, but the basket is huge, so if it came to worst, I would think I can just throw it there. Also, baby jogger make their own bag that clips on the side of the pushchair - not sure if it fits the city select though.
TTC since 10/2007

Clomid 7 months
FSH>9
AMH - 1.49

Private scan abroad at 22 weeks - all is well, one boy :boy: and one girl :girl: !

Thursday, February 16th 2012, 8:54am

Think we'll stick with black anyway - very boring when it comes to pram colours :snigger: Have you tried the pram up kerbs then? Need to have another look at them both I think. We have a changing bag already (it's huge) and not sure would fit in most baskets - not sure how I'll manage packing for two .....

Nikki x

United Kingdom

Thursday, February 16th 2012, 9:32am

Think we'll stick with black anyway - very boring when it comes to pram colours :snigger: Have you tried the pram up kerbs then? Need to have another look at them both I think. We have a changing bag already (it's huge) and not sure would fit in most baskets - not sure how I'll manage packing for two .....

Nikki x

The shop we tried it first in had some steps and we tried going up and down with the jogger there. It was ok with it being empty, but trying to imagine weight, we tried using the kicking trick, and it was fine. But then - it is a very personal choice, what suits one may not suit another one!
TTC since 10/2007

Clomid 7 months
FSH>9
AMH - 1.49

Thursday, February 16th 2012, 10:12am

We have no steps in any local shops, not sure they are keen on you taking them outside either. All prams seem light empty, our local shop has 'James' - a weighted baby so hopefully that and DS should give us an idea of weight (assuming DS is in the right mood for trying out prams). Have you ordered yours yet?

Nikki x

Reg: Jun 16th 2009

Children: twin girls

Thursday, February 16th 2012, 10:40am

I love my nipper 360

Kirstin's Parenting Diary

Jan 09 Icsi BFN May 09 Fet BFN Sept 09 Icsi BFN Jan 10 :BFP:
:girl: :girl: c-section 13/09/10

United Kingdom

Thursday, February 16th 2012, 10:45am

We have no steps in any local shops, not sure they are keen on you taking them outside either. All prams seem light empty, our local shop has 'James' - a weighted baby so hopefully that and DS should give us an idea of weight (assuming DS is in the right mood for trying out prams). Have you ordered yours yet?

Nikki x

No, we haven't ordered it yet, but we will go with baby jogger, made a decision last week in Italy. It just feels like a very big move to order it, and with new colours coming out in March, the old ones might be sold a bit cheaper to get rid of the old stock... We are starting redecorating nursery (have someone coming today and tomorrow to give a quote), so I think it will all start feeling a bit more real once the work is under way, and I am 24 weeks next week, so maybe I will feel brave enough to order it then....
TTC since 10/2007

Clomid 7 months
FSH>9
AMH - 1.49

United Kingdom

Thursday, February 16th 2012, 6:46pm

No issues with changing bag on iCandy - fits lovely with either carrycots or car seats on!
3 X ICSI

Mr C

FORUM MENTOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 30th 2008

Children: Blessed with NonId Twin Girls!

Thursday, February 16th 2012, 9:21pm

All,

I see the city select is being mentioned still :)

We have had ours since day one and the girls are now 14months old. It's perfect even after daily use. We get lots of comments about how flexible it is.

Would we swap it? Nope :)
Our Diary
ISCI 1 - Mar/Apr 2009 - :BFN: ICSI 2 - Dec/Jan 2010 - :BFN: ISCI 3 - Mar/Apr 2010 - :BFP:
Our twin girls were born at 38 weeks on 21st December 2010. Feeling very blessed.

Friday, February 17th 2012, 8:50am

Hayley - have you an iCandy bag? I was trying our existing bag on with both seat units and to avoid the rear seat it needs to hang quite low. Will go and try again.

Mr C - is it wearing well, the fabric that it. I was wondering if DS throws a tantrum, how durable the footrest fabric would be?

I'll be much happier once we've made a decision ....

Thanks again,
Nikki x

United Kingdom

Saturday, February 18th 2012, 1:36pm

I don't have the iCandy bag but have a Skip Hop which clips over the handle really easy.
3 X ICSI

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 14th 2009

Children: Two little twinnies on the way!

What's Up?
Can't wait to get my boys home x

Monday, April 23rd 2012, 10:48am

Anyone here have the Bugaboo Donkey Twin? Whats it like? I much prefer side by side to tandem and cant find any others i like! x
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

United Kingdom

Reg: Jun 13th 2010

Monday, April 23rd 2012, 8:21pm

Hi Princess R - great minds think alike - I've been looking at double prams too. I went to John Lewis today in my lunch break and the Donkey looks beautiful, the other side by side one they had in was the Baby jogger city mini twin. I prefer the side by sides, but not practical in for me with the school run down narrow paths....I think I'm going to get an icandy pear or peach blossom twin.....

Beautiful boy born in January 2007
TTC second since March 2009
Luteal phase defect - 4 rounds clomid
BFP 14.2.2012 - 2 beautiful heartbeats seen EDD 22nd Oct - Its a boy and a girl!

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Tuesday, April 24th 2012, 7:20am

I looked at the icandy ones, i do really like them! I just have this issue that id prefer a side by side, especially as they get golder so theres no arguing who goes in the front! :)

Strangely the Donkey in John Lewis is cheaper than mothercare when i priced them up, but mother care will price match.

I didnt like the Jogger though, and that was my initial idea before i knew about bugaboo. DF put me off by calling it a shopping trolley!! 8|

United Kingdom

Reg: Dec 22nd 2008

Children: Beautiful twin daughters and two grown up stepdaughters

Tuesday, April 24th 2012, 10:06am

The Donkey is gorgeous and has great novelty value for the first couple of months when you are proudly pushing your newborn round in it. After that, it becomes a bit of a faff because it is bulky, heavily and a pain to put up and down. The same applies to the iCandy. Eventually you will want the smallest, lightest, easiest buggy to take in and out of the car, and it ultimately boils down to the Nipper 360 or the Citi Mini. Every twin mama I know who started with an iCandy or a Donkey later wished they had gone for a simpler option and not spent the money.

I had the iCandy Peach Blossom which I sold when my girls were 9 months old because I found it impossible to put one DD in the back seat without taking the front seat off whilst also jugging both babies. I switched to the Nipper and eventually changed that for the Citi Mini. Both have pros and cons but they each now come with carry cot attachments and are suitable from birth.

P.S. For anyone still planning to buy an iCandy, they are about to release new colours which are much nicer than the current colours.
Newly Wed

ICSI December 2008 - chemical pregnancy
ICSI May 2009 - BFN
FET September 2009 - BFP
Beautiful twin girls born 30 April 2010

United Kingdom

Wednesday, April 25th 2012, 3:56pm

I actually love my iCandy Peach Blossom but my twinnies are still pretty small so it has possibly lasted longer that it might do for 'normal' sized babies!n I find it one of the simplest, lightest and easiest buggies I could have bought and wouldn't change it for anything. Having said that, it looks so nice that I want to get a City Mini for walking in the woods.....!!!!! I also looked at the Donkey but like someone else said, it's pretty bulky and heavy and I didn't really think it was made that well either (especially not for the price). One thing I would say about the iCandy Peach Blossom Twin is that the carry cots are not that big and it is a pain trying to get the lower twin in and out. You do have to take the top carry cot off to do this which is a little annoying with newborns. My two are coming up for 13 lb and I think are getting a little big for the carrycots now (not that I use them now anyway) but for a normal sized newborn (say 8lb ish) they really wouldn't last that long. Having said that, I really did need them when they were tiny as they only just now fit in the pushchair seats and would have had to go around in the car seats all the time which isn't great.

Good luck with your purchases.....it's so much fun!

PS. I wouldn't bother with a parasol either......they are soooooo huge!
3 X ICSI

fuzzy bee

FORUM MENTOR

What's Up?
Tired but happy!

Wednesday, April 25th 2012, 11:07pm

Ooh I love this! I'm possibly the only freak in the world that tried every twin pram out and then bought two! We have the bugaboo donkey and the iCandy peach blossom. We didn't get carrycots for the iCandy, it lives in the car and is only used with the carseats.
Newlywed is right the carrycots on the bugaboo are gorgeous very eye catching, i love having a walk each day with it, it is a bit bulky but it's also really practical for a side by side as its the same width as a wheelchair so fits through every gap I've encountered. The other great thing is being able to use it as a single and taking one baby in a carrier. The thing I love about both is how easy they are to manoeuvre about. I'm so glad we bought both, I know its an extravagance but it's working well for us.
Who knows maybe as newlywed says we will ditch them both but right now I love both prams and am getting great use out of them.
Good luck with whatever you go for!
[zx102]

MY DIARY

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "fuzzy bee" (Apr 25th 2012, 11:07pm)

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Thursday, April 26th 2012, 7:46am

I saw a lady in town with the donkey a few months ago, it was the red one. It looked amazing and so cute! I checked the sizes and that it should fit through most doors ( my dad is in a wheelchair so well know how difficult it can be) but its genuinely my fave i think!

Colour is another thing though..I think I'll end up with an all black one which seems a shame because some of the colours are fab, but black seems more practical...x

fuzzy bee

FORUM MENTOR

What's Up?
Tired but happy!

Thursday, April 26th 2012, 6:22pm

So I don't like to brag (ok I do!) we have a pink and a blue hood and I love them! So yes black is practical but when you're spending that kind of money get what you like and enjoy it! Red very popular anyway if you're thinking of resell. Enjoy it!!
Took ours on the tube today as a single (blue hood- DH wouldn't be happy with his little man in the pink hood!!!) and other bubba in a sling. Couldn't have gone on my own with 10week old babies but with the extra hands the bugaboo was fine to take.
I'm a walking ad for these two prams!!
[zx102]

MY DIARY

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Friday, April 27th 2012, 8:26am

Ok you've convinced me!! :-D

I saw a girl with twins in town yesterday and she had a similar pram to the donkey bit it wasn't bugaboo. It looked amazing! And you're right about the colour, i just can't wait to find out what gender they are to decide! X

Gracie

Reg: Jul 15th 2007

What's Up?
I now have double the trouble :)

Friday, April 27th 2012, 8:37am

Hey

It might have been the O Baby Zezu? Looks fab, the only down side is that it doesn't take a Maxi Cosi car seat, only it's own make one which I am not keen on.

I am leaning towards a Baby Jogger City Select at the mo but am obsessed with looking!!!

It's worse than choosing a car!!!!

x x x

Me - 39 AMH 1.79, DH - 43
TTC since 04/06
6 x TX to date, inc 2 DIVF in Barcelona

One early loss, 04/09
Freya Grace arrived on 6/11/10 - Perfect at 6lb and 1/2 oz

Amazing natural :BFP: on 12/02/12
Poppy Ann arrived on 13/10/12 - Born at home weighing 6lb 12oz

We got there in the end! happydance

Reg: Sep 13th 2009

Friday, April 27th 2012, 9:45am

I am really interested in all this chat, I am expecting my second and will have 17months between them. I loved the city select but having seen the donkey I am now confused. My only real negative is the size the donkey folds down to, we have a big car but we tried it and it still took up all the boot, the select is far more compact. Also the folding of the donkey is not that simple, having been there with ds, I know it is important to get pram in the car quickly and get going pronto. But the donkey looks lush. Tonight I am measuring my front door, as I hadn't even thought about it not fitting in, that will make it a total no for me if that is the case and I will be back on to non-stop googling of the City Select. Pram shopping is so time consuming, but fun, good luck : D
4 MC - High NKC, DQ A Match
3rd IVF - Immune protocol - baby born April 2011
Jan 2012- Shock natural BFP - due 4th Oct

Gracie

What's Up?

Sunday, April 29th 2012, 1:28pm

Hey all

Have found a great website: Best Buggy | Searching for the perfect pushchair. | Best Buggy (Link not endorsed by FZ)

You can literally look at every twin and tandem buggy available (and sadly some ace ones that aren't yet available in the UK)! Happy surfing! :)

xx

TTC since 04/06

One early loss, 04/09

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Sunday, April 29th 2012, 2:22pm

That's is a brilliant site!! I'm slowly makin my way through it. Would you girls every consider buyin one from outside the uk? X

Gracie

What's Up?

Sunday, April 29th 2012, 4:24pm

It's good isn't it!

I wouldn't be keen on going to the bother of importing one, too much of a faff but it looks like some of them are going to come to the UK in the not too distant future.

TTC since 04/06

One early loss, 04/09

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Monday, April 30th 2012, 9:30am

Ive noticed some meet EU standards but not British standards too... Not entirely sure what the difference is but on something so important (car seats etc) id rather be safe. Still a fab site tho!! Im still going through it! x

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Monday, April 30th 2012, 9:33am

AH!!! ive just found the pram i saw the lady with in town the other day - the First Wheels City Twin Aqua one! its only £400! x

United Kingdom

Monday, April 30th 2012, 10:14am

its cool
3 X ICSI

United Kingdom

Reg: Mar 7th 2011

Children: 2 little beans on the way!

What's Up?
I'm a Mummy!!!

Monday, April 30th 2012, 10:23am

Hi ladies

I've started looking at double prams and just wanted to thank Gracie for the weblink...it's really useful, thank you.

Becky-I love the look of the first weels city twin and the price!

Me:30
DH:38
TTC since 2008
6xClomid 2010 :BFN:
3xIUI 2011 :BFN:
1st IVF Feb 2012 :BFP: Identical twins :boy: :boy: born 23/10/12

My Diary

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Monday, April 30th 2012, 10:35am

Yeah me too, i still think my fave is the bugaboo donkey though... I think im sold!! Saying that on mumsnet reviews the first wheels twin is given 7/10 and the donkey is 8/10 so theres not much in it.... just a huge whack of cash!! :snigger:

Gracie

What's Up?

Monday, April 30th 2012, 8:19pm

Glad it's proving useful! You can compare two buggies side by side which is really good. I love the look of the Bugaboo too but I just think it's too expensive, the thing I want most is one that is rear facing so I can see my little ones. I still use my iCandy rear facing so I can chat to Freya as I walk along and I am really reluctant to give that up. So that really only leaves me with the Bugaboo or the Baby Jogger as I need them to take a Maxi Cosi Car Seat. Man, am I fussy or what?!?!?!

TTC since 04/06

One early loss, 04/09

Tuesday, May 1st 2012, 5:20pm

We have the babyjogger city select. We'll have a 14 month gap so using it as a single at the moment, but pleased so far. It takes up less space in the car boot & easy to attach the seat (& our maxi cosi goes on too) :)

The other one we looked at was the peach blossom but from reading reviews may not have lasted so long.

Good luck ladies
Nikki x

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Monday, June 4th 2012, 9:29am

Hey ladies. Looks like we're definitely agreed on a bugaboo donkey for our twins. Next, the hardest part is choosing the colour! I love the jade green colour they do, have you seen it? It seems to be quite recent. It's between the green, blue, red and black at the moment and were having a black base. I don't want sand or off white just because I think it will get a bit grubby sooner than a darker colour. it's a hard decision!! 

United Kingdom

Monday, June 4th 2012, 3:15pm

Ooh PR I like the green too, or the red! Where are you getting it? I love the service in John Lewis and they price match, but I guess it depends if you have one nearby?

I've got my second hand icandy pear now, just need to get two new maxi cosi car seats and I'll have the full system. Am at some point in the future going to get second hand citi mini or a nipper and a bog standard umbrella type double buggy.....I found with DS that one thing just didn't do everything over the years, and ended up with about this combo but for a single!

RM
xx

Reg: Jun 16th 2009

Children: twin girls

Monday, June 4th 2012, 10:05pm

Can I just add that I love my nipper 360 and hate when I have to use my Maclarnen buggy ie on hols next week :(

Kirstin's Parenting Diary

Jan 09 Icsi BFN May 09 Fet BFN Sept 09 Icsi BFN Jan 10 :BFP:
:girl: :girl: c-section 13/09/10

fuzzy bee

FORUM MENTOR

What's Up?
Tired but happy!

Tuesday, June 5th 2012, 5:15pm

Hi! I just thought I'd come back once more and say I still love my donkey and my peach blossom twin. They both have compromises like all of them really but both suit my needs between them. I especially love that the donkey looks huge and the awe in peoples faces when it fits!!!
Now I can't decide whether to get a third hood in sand for when we take it out as a single, I know if thats the hardest decision I'm making this year then life must be pretty good!!!
If you're only getting the donkey I can see it'll be a pain with two carseats on, but I love it anyway!
sorry I'm really unhelpful for any practical advice!!
[zx102]

MY DIARY

Gracie

What's Up?

Tuesday, June 5th 2012, 8:07pm

I'm a bit gutted as we've been to look at the Donkey and it won't fit through my front door so that makes it a big no no. Shame, as it really was the one that was near perfect for me.

Anyway, we've decided on the Baby Jogger City Select, just looking around at prices now and then will probably buy sooner rather than later. I'll use it as a single until my new LO comes along and I'll sell my beloved iCandy Cherry while I'm still in the mood to clean it up and stick it on E-Bay!

xx

TTC since 04/06

One early loss, 04/09

United Kingdom

Wednesday, June 6th 2012, 12:28pm

I have just bought the Baby Jogger City Mini Double to use when we go out walking or somewhere where I know the twins will be seated for a long time - it's not fair leaving them for too long in their car seats. It's actually brilliant - super light and easy to handle. The only issue we have is that it is pretty large when folded down so you need a decent sized boot!
3 X ICSI

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Wednesday, June 6th 2012, 12:44pm

What a shame about the donkey, Gracie! I thought that the duo was slightly 'thinner' than the twin but its probably about the same size. I always assumed carry cots were wider. Ive got an old victorian house with wide door frames so it wont be too much of a problem but my dads in a wheelchair so i know the hassle with doors and access.

Can the baby jogger have carrycots on it? Ive only ever seen it set up like a stroller.

I did wonder about the size of the boot, but I have a big car and so does DF so if it doesnt fit in there, it never will! : D

United Kingdom

Wednesday, June 6th 2012, 4:03pm

PR - think the baby jogger can have two carrycots, but can't have two car seats on it.....Very jealous you are getting a donkey, I couldn't get it down the little paths to school!

Beautiful boy born in January 2007
TTC second since March 2009
Luteal phase defect - 4 rounds clomid
BFP 14.2.2012 - 2 beautiful heartbeats seen EDD 22nd Oct - Its a boy and a girl!

United Kingdom

Wednesday, June 6th 2012, 8:40pm

I am pretty sure the Baby Jogger can have carrycots although it's not overly pretty with them on I have to admit......I am also not sure about the car seats fitting on. I have my iCandy Peach Blossom which I LOVE LOVE LOVE which is great with the car seats and for around town.
3 X ICSI

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE