You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

jenn11

• "jenn11" started this thread

Reg: Jul 22nd 2011

Children: i have three children 1 is my daughter and i have a step son and step daughter 3, 6, 9

Thursday, February 16th 2012, 6:39pm

2nd treatment of zoladex

hey ladies, I was given 3 months of zoladex last year and was told that was the longest i could have it for. i have had a 2nd opinion after having a mirena coil fitted and being on the pill for 3 months continuously but this has been unsucessful and im still bleeding. My new hospital have said i need to have 9 months of zoladex then they will have a look via lap. its a better outcome than the last dr who told us we have 4 months to have a baby or they will remove my womb.Im just a bit confused about the length of time for the zoladex can it cause damage after 6months? thanks xxx

quinette

Reg: Jun 22nd 2012

Children: no but hope and pray to have

Friday, June 22nd 2012, 7:20pm

Hi I have endo I had the implant done in jan I also heard my dr said it lasts 3 to 4 months but iam going in for 5 months and no red robot as yet and suffer hot flushes and dry moth and I don't know what to do how long is your period gone for

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Saturday, June 23rd 2012, 8:00am

Hi quinette,
Zoladex contains the active ingredient goserelin acetate, which is a type of medicine known as a gonadorelin (LHRH) analogue. It acts on the pituitary gland in the brain.
The pituitary gland produces and stores various hormones, including the sex hormones, luteinising hormone (LH) and follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH). In women, FSH and LH cause the production of oestrogen by the ovaries and help control the menstrual cycle.
The amount of LH and FSH released from the pituitary gland is controlled by another hormone, called gonaderelin (LHRH). Gonadorelin acts on LHRH receptors in the pituitary gland, causing the release of LH and FSH and hence the subsequent production of testosterone in men and oestrogen in women.
Goserelin acetate is a synthetic form of gonaderelin. It acts on the LHRH receptors in the pituitary gland, in the same way as natural gonadorelin.
Initially, goserelin causes an increase in the amount of FSH and LH released from the pituitary gland. However, chronic administration of goserelin desensitises the pituitary gland. This means that it produces less and less FSH and LH, which in turn stops the production of oestrogens in women. This reduction in the levels of sex hormone can be exploited to treat disorders that are linked to levels of oestrogen like endometriosis. n women, goserelin is also used to treat endometriosis, a condition where tissue resembling the womb or uterus lining (endometrium) grows in other places in the body. The growth of this tissue is stimulated by oestrogen, so decreasing oestrogen levels with goserelin will stop the growth of this tissue, thereby relieving symptoms. The side effects are similar to the ones of the menopause, which include lack of periods.

Hope this helps.
Take care

quinette

Saturday, June 23rd 2012, 8:20pm

Thanks that helped as iam just confused is it normal when my dr said 3 to 4 months no perriod but at the end of the month is 5 months no period is that normal for so long and when. Will it return and how long after implant does hotflusses last thanks for your support you r amazing

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Sunday, June 24th 2012, 9:31am

As long as you have the implant you will have the side effects. Then it will take a while for your natural hormones to get back to normal.
If you are worried speak to your doctor who may be able to do some test to check things are back to normal.

quinette

Sunday, June 24th 2012, 10:05am

Thank u Maria for that info I really just want to know my dr said 3 to 4 months no period is it normal if it is 5 months and no period please

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Sunday, June 24th 2012, 10:09am

You will have to ask the doctor himself. There is no doctor on this forum, it's just us ladies (and some men) in the same position as you. These drugs affect people in different ways and 5 months is only one month over what your doctor has predicted. If you are worried you need to ask the doctor, if not wait a little longer. 5 months maybe normal for you.

quinette

Sunday, June 24th 2012, 10:17am

Thank u u r a star and a sweet friend thank you I will see what I have to do thanks

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Sunday, June 24th 2012, 10:54am

Thank you quinette. Try not to worry x

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Sunday, June 24th 2012, 10:54am

ps- I am a teacher as well!