You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "TRYINGAGAIN2012" started this thread

Reg: Jun 30th 2011

Children: 1 gorgeous boy Ben

Monday, February 13th 2012, 1:47pm

Do I really want to try again....

Hi

Our precious son who was born after FET will be 3 in March. We have 3 frosties which are kept in storage for us until Feb 2013.

My head is all over the place regarding our wee frosties. We are so grateful for them and we don't want to not use them but I've been thinking a lot by myself recently......

I feel that I am only really wanting to try again so DS will have a sibling. I feel I want to give him all my love and attention and don't want him to have to share me - would I even love a 2nd the way I love him?? Also financially I worry as these are uncertain times in any place of work. I have no option to work anything other than full time and the thought of going back to night feeds etc fills me with dread and I feel really selfish to admit this :O . We may find that they will not work anyway and that will be that but if it does will I be happy.......

I don't want to tell DS I was too selfish to try for a sibling and I don't ever want him to be lonely. It would be nice for him to have someone to turn to if I were not here.

Please can someone tell me their thoughts . Can 3 in a family be ok? I feel really silly asking this and should be grateful to have had DS but my head is done in every time I think about it :sadface:

Claire

xx
MARCH 2008 IVF #1 BFN :bawl: GRATEFUL FOR 7 SNOW BABIES FROM THIS CYCLE

JUNE 2008 4 SNOW BABIES THAWED AND 2 PUT BACK RESULTING IN OUR BFP!!

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 12th 2008

Children: Two beautiful little girls, so so lucky!! :)

What's Up?
:easter:

Monday, February 13th 2012, 2:18pm

Hi Claire, sorry you are struggling with this atm. It is a hard decision isn't it. I dont think you are selfish at all in feeling like this. Of course a family of 3 can be fantastic, I have a fee girlfriends who are only children and they love it. I think it is so individual and it must be amazing to have your mummy and daddy completely to yourself. I am the youngest of 8, which is a silly number and perhaps not comparable but I did feel I missed out a bit on time and love...still do if I'm honest. I have always wanted to have more than one child though, personally, and I have been blessed so far xfingers I think it is lovely for children to have someone else to play with and share things with and of course later in life they are not on their own...

Nobody else can help you with this difficult decision hon, it really is completely down to how you and DH feel. In my opinion I think we fear not being able to love another as much because we have for our first is so all consuming, but I really think you just get more love to give. I have asked lots of people about this and you just do... I wish you all the best with your decision hon xxxx

1st ICSI - Oct 08 - :BFP:!!! DD born July 2009 : D
1st FET - May 11 - BFN :-(
2nd FET - Sept 11 - BFN :bawl:
3rd FET - Jan 12 - :BFP: DD2 born October 2012

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

Reg: Feb 9th 2010

Children: 1 perfect boy born after icsi tx

Monday, February 13th 2012, 2:47pm

Hi Claire, it is a difficult one isn't it?

You are very lucky in the respect you have frosties waiting for you. I think you need to ask yourself if you didn't would you be prepared to go through a fresh cycle again to have another child. Or are you just thinking about it because they are there and you don't want to 'waste' them. (sorry I'm sure there is a better word)

I am an only child and I really would love to give my little boy a sibling as I felt very alone as an adult dealing with the death of one parent and the sickness of another. I would like him to have someone to share those burdens with in years to come.

My main reason though for wanting to use our frosties is I would dearly love another baby, I have felt like this since I had DS and always planned on using them. I think the longer you leave it the harder it is to have another as you have totally got out of broken nights/nappies/bottles etc

Like Dusky says this is a decision for you and DH but either way you are not selfish, we all have to do what's right for our families and that's entirely our choice. From a financial point of view you'll know what you can afford, my BIL had a vasectomy at 30 after having two children as him and his wife wanted to be able to give them the very best they could. I think that's really admirable being sensible enough to put those decisions over our desires for ourselves. Personally I am a bit more selfish and think that I'd rather have another child and what they might lack in material things they'd get more than enough of in love. Best of luck with whatever you decide. x

FET JAN 2012 - 2 embies :BFN:
2 still on ice for another day xfingers

My Diary

Reg: Oct 6th 2009

Children: One daughter born Feb '11

Tuesday, February 14th 2012, 12:17pm

i've had the same thoughts as you but dh are already trying again - have started dregging and our daughter, who we conceived via FET is 1 in a few days. I feel really strongly about trying to give her a sibling, as when dh and i are dead and gone I want someone who will love her unconditionally, and who she will love unconditionally. I don't want her to be alone. I know she will have friends and may get married etc but what happens if they split up etc etc etc.

Reg: Aug 1st 2009

Children: 4 boys 3 living 1 deceased

What's Up?
Loving life :-D

Tuesday, April 3rd 2012, 11:54pm

I used my frosties to see if they would work. the feesh round they came feom ended in m/c & so did the,fet.
I have 3 boys,& feel I have enough love for all of them. they act like they hate each other,at times. my 16 yr old winds the 4 yr old up who in turn winds the nearly 2 yr old up. but then at other times it is so sweet to see them all curled up around each other on the sofa, watchin tv.
they all make me smile for different reasons every day. atm im lookin into my options as to ttc. im not doin it for them or anyone else, just for me. I love being pg, I love childbirth and I love drinking in every inch of my newborn miracle.

but,i think you should go with your gut instinct. if you want to use them for urself - brilliant. if you dont want to use rhem - also fine. in the end you have to do what a) makes you and ur family happy & b) what is right for you & ur family.hopedully they are 1 & the same

take care

xxxx
Me 41. 2nd DH 33
1st DH 2 boys natural. 93 & 96.
michael died late 93 - cot death
2nd DH 33 low everything concerning sperm
DIUI 05 m/c 5.5 wks
DIUI 05 BFN
ICSI #1. 07 beautiful boy nov 07, 3 wks early
SHOCK NAT 08 m/c 5.5 wks
SHOCK NAT 09 m/c 5.5 wks
ICSI#2. 09 m/c 5.5 wks
SHOCK NAT 09. beautiful boy 2010
FET 11. m/c 5.5 wks
SHOCK NAT 12. m/c 5.5 wks
EMBRYO ADOPTION 13. BFN
EMBRYO ADOPTION#2 late 2013. m/c 5.5 wks
Hidden infections test. positive. courses of antibiotics.
hysteroscopy greece 4/2/14. Hoping this makes a difference

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE