You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "jen84288" started this thread

Reg: Aug 24th 2008

Children: 2 daughters

Tuesday, January 17th 2012, 4:13pm

treatment for colds in the first tri :( :(

hi ladies...i am sooooooo poorly :(
I have a head cold which has iincreasingly gotten worse over the last 5 days and today i've found it hard to get out of bed :( i saw a dr today who said ideally i should take antibiotics but as im pregnant need to see if i can cope without :( i have been taking paracetamol and hate taking so many when im pregnant (not over the stated dose) I am wondering if anyone has any other remedies. I have tried putting my head over a bowl of hot water with a towel to clear the congestion but was wondering if tea tree oil was safe to use in the water? any tips greatly appreciated...feel like im dying especially because the ms has returned :(
DH poor motility-Excellent SA following change in diet
BFP:26.09.08

Gracie

Reg: Jul 15th 2007

What's Up?
I now have double the trouble :)

Tuesday, January 17th 2012, 4:30pm

Poor you, I feel your pain, I had an awful cold in my second tri :(

Unfortunately, there isn't much more you can do than take paracetamol and wait for it to go away. I am not sure about Tea Tree Oil, personally I would give it a miss, unless you can get some proper advice. I did take a Beconase spray throughout my pregnancy (I checked with my GP first and please don't just take it on my say so) but I found that was quite good for congestion, although it's not as good as Sinex and takes a couple of days to really improve.

Try and prop yourself up with pillows as it may help you to feel less stuffed up.

Really hope you feel better soon, colds are awful when you can't take decent drugs aren't they!

:hugs:

Love Gracie

xxxxx

Me - 39 AMH 1.79, DH - 43
TTC since 04/06
6 x TX to date, inc 2 DIVF in Barcelona

One early loss, 04/09
Freya Grace arrived on 6/11/10 - Perfect at 6lb and 1/2 oz

Amazing natural :BFP: on 12/02/12
Poppy Ann arrived on 13/10/12 - Born at home weighing 6lb 12oz

We got there in the end! happydance

Curlytails

GLOBAL MODERATOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Apr 18th 2010

Children: One gorgeous boy

What's Up?
:pumpkin:

Tuesday, January 17th 2012, 5:14pm

I had a nasty cold in the first tri and propping my pillows up really helped with sleep. I believe olbas oil is safe but please check before using it.

If you have a bad throat etc then honey and lemon is soothing (home made not packet), if you can get some ginger in there too it may help with the MS. I hope you feel better soon x

1st IVF :BFN: 1st FET no transfer :sadface: 2nd IVF :BFP: DS born 2012
2nd FET :BFP: early loss :sadface: 3rd IVF Feb/Mar14 :BFN: 4th IVF Aug/Sept 14 :BFN:

Reg: Mar 19th 2011

Tuesday, January 17th 2012, 9:35pm

Poor you. Try not to worry about paracetamol- you need something to keep ypur temperature down. Keep going with the hot water. Drink hot water too with honey and lemon and drink lots of water. Hope it passes very soon. x

mrsjasper

Megastar

Reg: Nov 2nd 2005

Children: 2 gorgeous girls

Wednesday, January 18th 2012, 11:02am

Hi Jen,
Have a look at this thread, lots of tips here: Coughs, Colds and Sniffles in Early Pregnancy.

Reg: Nov 10th 2010

Children: My 2 wonderful rescue dogs :)

Wednesday, January 18th 2012, 12:47pm

Hi,

I asked the boots pharmasists whether olbas oil was safe to use when pregnant and the answer was yes.........hope you feel better soon.

Gump x
Me 33 - DH 38 - TTC 3 ish years - Unexplained

3 X IUI and 1 IVF BFN in 2011
Miracle Nat BFP - MC at 9 weeks
Second Funded IVF in 2012

• "jen84288" started this thread

Reg: Aug 24th 2008

Children: 2 daughters

Wednesday, January 18th 2012, 4:39pm

Thank you ladies! after 6 days of this (3 days in bed) im finally starting to feel improvement! DH is going to bring some olbas oil home with him on the way back from work. Propped myself up last night and although it was difficult to sleep at first i seemed to get longer stretches (despite DD waking up with the same thing and ending up in bed with me last night while DH slept in her bed). But there seems to be light at the end of the tunnel today so fingers crossed we wont be playing musical beds tonight! :) xx
DH poor motility-Excellent SA following change in diet
BFP:26.09.08