You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Blondie" started this thread

Reg: Feb 28th 2007

Children: Not yet

Friday, October 17th 2008, 5:43pm

Immunies 1st Trimester

A place for the ladies going through immune treatment in pregnancy.

Enjoy and good luck :D

xx
TTC naturally, five miscarriages 2006-2009, Immune issues

BLONDIE'S IMMUNOLOGY DIARY

Reg: Jun 1st 2008

Children: one

Friday, November 7th 2008, 4:17pm

Hi Blondie

Great idea for new thread. I have Graves which I inherited and so have autoimmune antibodies as a result. Dr putting me on dexamethasone and then prednisolone to dampen the autoimmune while I have ivf. Am a little nervous about taking it all but have been assured it will be fine and shoud not affect anything else. It is all such a balancing act getting pg I do not want anything to create more problems. Also have to take clexane as well after blood tests were done.

Speak soon Blondie
Balloons x

Reg: Jul 3rd 2007

Children: on way :)

Friday, November 7th 2008, 5:06pm

Hi balloons
just wanted to say i've got to 10 weeks on prednisolone which is my best result EVER!! fingers crossed i can start coming off them in another week or so if the placenta and everything is working ok. Apart from weight gain (due to excessive hunger) and a bit of puffiness i haven't had any side effects and so far all going well. Best of luck for your treatment
Sxx :smile:

36 yrs
1 yr clomid
ICSI July 06 - BFP, m/c 5 weeks
FET March 07 - BFN
ICSI July 07 - BFN
IVF Nov 07 - BFP, m/c 5 weeks
ICSI April 08 - BFP, m/c 5 weeks
ICSI Sept 08 with steroids - BFP, saw heartbeat at 5 weeks!
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Sunday, November 9th 2008, 1:50pm

Hi Balloons

Welcome :D and good luck with your treatment. As Sarah says the steroids are not too bad. I have taken them previously at 25mg a day (which is a highish dose) and found I ate for England :O so I did put on weight and found my sleep was slightly disrupted but other than that fine. This time around I have to take only 10mg from day 6 and then through pregnancy until at least 12 weeks. I also have to inject thinners before and during too. This time around I am not getting as hungry on the steroids which is good but I am also exercising too so maybe that is helping this time.

Sarah - wonderful you have got to 10 weeks, keeping everything crossed for you and hope to join this thread really soon.

xxx

Reg: Jun 1st 2008

Children: one

Sunday, November 9th 2008, 7:56pm

Hi Blondie and Sarah

Wow Sarah that is brilliant news, many congrats x It is encouraging to hear that it can work. How exciting that you saw your baby's heartbeat, very reassuring x

I am on 2mg of dexamethasone from day 5 of stimms and then 5mg of prednisolone from ET. Thanks for letting me know the side effects as it is always a worry taking new drugs and not knowing what to expect. Am also on clexane from dat after harvest.

Catch up soon
Balloons x

Sunday, November 9th 2008, 10:33pm

:happy:
Just thought i'd share with you that this is what my face looks like now - a big round ball!! Saw a friend i hadn't seen in a while today and she was visibly shocked and obviously didn't know what to say! I found myself not telling her i'm pg and enjoying her trying to be tactful - how nasty of me!!
Going for a scan on Thurs and although i'm really hoping i can start coming off the steroids am worrying that the baby will just disappear when i do - think i'm a bit mad?
Sarah x
PS - thanks for all kind messages, i love FZ!

36 yrs
1 yr clomid
FET March 07 - BFN
ICSI July 07 - BFN

[/url]

Monday, November 10th 2008, 3:03pm

Sarah - :snigger: sorry to laugh but sometimes it's funny to see people squirm! Moon face is a common side effect of steroids and will disappear when you come off the steroids. I know alot of women are weaned off them from 12 weeks and it is more uncommon to remain on them longer than this. Try not to worry, am sure your doctor will know what's best.

x

Monday, November 10th 2008, 3:28pm

Thanks Blondie, it will be nice to see my cheekbones again so here's hoping! Are you having your ET soon?
Sx

36 yrs
1 yr clomid
FET March 07 - BFN
ICSI July 07 - BFN

[/url]

Tuesday, November 11th 2008, 9:08am

Hi Sarah

I am trying naturally so I have to start my drugs on day 6. I am on my second month of trying since finding out about my immune issues. I am now on the never ending two week wait!

I will also need to have IVIG once I am pregnant.

x

Tuesday, November 11th 2008, 11:18pm

Best of luck Blondie, fingers crossed for you. Hope you've got lots opf crappy films to watch to try and make the time go quicker!!
Sarah xx

36 yrs
1 yr clomid
FET March 07 - BFN
ICSI July 07 - BFN

[/url]

Lawa

Reg: Nov 24th 2010

Wednesday, November 24th 2010, 3:28pm

HI ladies I hope you dont mind me posting here!

My names Laura and I am cautiously 4 weeks pregame with number 8 (no live births) this is my first full cycle on Predosiline at 20 mg a day.

My lines are getting darker on a frer which I am taking as good lol. But I have very few symptoms, the sore bbs ect are minimal now but I have heard the steroids can do this can I have your experiences of this?

Thank in advance

BraveGirl

Superstar

• "BraveGirl" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Feb 15th 2008

Children: One on the way.

Wednesday, November 24th 2010, 6:11pm

hi hon

I was also on steroids 20mg a day and I think the one thing they do is stop morning sickness being so bad. I dont think they would affect the boobies but the pain in boobs can vary from pregnancy to pregnancy. My breast pain was not as bad this time round though when I come to think about it x
IVF 1 :BFP: baby5 in heaven 6 weeks
IVF 5 :BFP: Immune protocol Care Sheffield
Oscar Miles arrived 15 April 2011 weighing 6lbs 14oz
My Diary

Reg: Apr 12th 2008

Sunday, August 28th 2011, 2:03pm

Hi

I have recently got my first bfp after an immune cycle. Are there any other immune ladies in first tri atm?

Thanks
6 cycles all BFN.
One last immune cycle - July 2011
06/12 - :girl:

Baby Isobel arrived on 16/04. Life is complete :hugs:

Reg: Oct 8th 2009

Monday, August 29th 2011, 12:15am

Hi Dev chick,

I have also recently got a bfp after my third icsi cycle on immune meds. I had my first six week scan on Friday and saw the heartbeat! I'm still walking around in a daze, can't believe after over five years of trying I'm finally pregnant!
What meds are you on? I'm still taking clexane, aspirin, prednisolone and pesseries but ( touch wood) feel pretty good except for needing a lot more naps and very sore boobies!
Keep in touch and let me know how you're getting on, it will be good to compare notes and have someone to talk to who can really relate to all the ups and downs that go along with this journey.
Take care and speak soon
Wishuponastar xxx
1st ICSI 10/2009 BFP
M/C @6wk
3rd ICSI 7/2011 immune tx :BFP:

Monday, August 29th 2011, 9:36am

Hi Wishuponastar

We are close in treatment! I have also been ttc for many years. I am on all of the Meds you mentioned plus intrallipid infusions and high dose folic acid and vits. This is my first ever bfp so I'm not too sure what to expect. I knew so much about ivf and immune treatment but never really read up on what happened should i get a positive!

I am 6 weeks along today :happy: My scan isn't for another two weeks. Like you I am really knackered at the moment and have extremely sore boobs so I know something is going on. Just desperately want to see a heartbeat!

That is brilliant news your scan went well last week. You must be so pleased. When is your next scan? I met with the mw on Friday. She is really nice and gave me lots of booklets. As I am considered a high risk pregnancy they are going to have mw consultant led not mw led so I am pleased that it looks like I will get supported if this little one sticks.

Thanks for replying. It will be nice to speak to you along the way.
6 cycles all BFN.

Monday, August 29th 2011, 9:50am

Morning Devchick,
I wrote my last message late last night on my iPhone as I was excited to find someone on immune treatment in the first tri. In doing so missed out I am also on intralipids ( had two now), calcium, vits and thyroxine, just read your post in the first trimester and see you are too!
Where are you getting treatment? I'm at Care Manchester and they have been wonderful. Did your gp put you in touch with the midwife? I'm booking myself in this week for a thyroid test, then will go and confess all to the GP who does not agree with immune treatment and advised me agaist it! Can't wait to see his face!
I need to get on my computer today and update my profile and try and add a ticker.
Have a fab bank holiday and take it easy, not that we have any choice feeling like someone removed our batteries!

Love
Wishuponastar xx
1st ICSI 10/2009 BFP
M/C @6wk

Monday, August 29th 2011, 9:54am

Oh, forgot to say, my next scan is on 9/9, I've got them every two weeks until 12 weeks as I too am classed as high risk. You will feel much better once you have had your first scan, not long now xx
1st ICSI 10/2009 BFP
M/C @6wk

Tuesday, September 6th 2011, 8:40am

Hi Wishuponastar!

So sorry, hadn't noticed your replies here.

Looks like we are on a very similar protocol. I had to have three infusions pre-collection and I had one following my bfp. I am at Care Nottingham :happy:

I go for my first scan on Monday. All being well at the scan they will do blood tests too and figure out if I need more infusions.

Where are you going for all of the scans? I am being consultant led but am not seeing the consultant until week 13! I don't think I will be having scans between the 8 week and 12 week but I'm not sure. My private clinic is a 3 hour drive so too far for me to go there for lots of scans. To be honest as long as I feel well I don't mind too much. I had a really tough time between 5 1/2 and 6 1/2 weeks but since then have felt tons better.

Hope you are feeling well too [zx127]
6 cycles all BFN.

Wednesday, September 14th 2011, 7:58pm

Hi Wishuponastar

Am a little worried you've been quiet. You ok? How did your scan go?
6 cycles all BFN.

Tuesday, September 20th 2011, 2:33pm

Hi Devchick,

Sorry not been on here for a while. Things been a bit manic and when I'm not working, I seem to be sleeping!

I had my second scan a week last friday, it was amazing! We could see the heartbeat so clearly and little arms and legs forming, little one was doing somersaults too :happy:
Next scan is this friday, I've gone from feeling very nervous about scans to really looking forward to them now. Only two more under CARE then hopefully get signed over to NHS.

How are you feeling? I saw you had had some further blleding, that must be so worrying but you have got such a great positive attitude and are doing everything you can by resting up when it happens.
Don't know about you but I'm wishing time away to get past the twelve week mark, until then I think every little twinge and symptom is going to freak me out a bit :S

I've not been feeling too bad this week, still really tired but not had any queasiness really. To be honest the steroids are giving me a massive appetite. I've been eating healthily, but I'm worried I'm going to pile on loads of flab instead of a nice neat baby bump!:snigger: Also seem to have got loads of bruises now from the Clexane injections, do you know yet if you are on Clexane throughout pregnancy or just for the first trimester? I've not been told yet what I will be stopping after 12 weeks and what I will be taking throughout.

I promise I will try and get on here more often from now on! It's nice to talk to someone who understands all the little worries that go along with our protocols. I have lots of well meaning family and friends, many of who think they know it all but actually have no clue...I'm getting good at smiling and nodding! ;)

Take care xx
1st ICSI 10/2009 BFP
M/C @6wk

Monday, September 26th 2011, 11:02am

Hi Dev chick,

How are you getting on? All good I hope.

We went for another scan on friday, it was so lovely to see LO again. He/ she was upside down throughout the scan waving two perfect little arms and legs at us, I got quite emotional seeing it. As it was Mr Patel the consultant doing the scan, he also flicked to 3D and zoomed in on the face, it was amazing to see the eyes and a cute button nose so clearly. :thumbsup:

How are you doing on all the drugs? My main issue is with the steroids, they are making me so hungry I'm piling far too much weight on, I'm doing my best to hold out to twelve weeks before telling most people, but people are already starting to notice me putting on weight and I'm getting knowing winks and remarks off several work colleagues. Just hope I will be able to come off them soon so I don't end up the size of a house after nine months! :snigger:

Speak soon

Wishuponastar x
1st ICSI 10/2009 BFP
M/C @6wk

Tuesday, October 11th 2011, 1:51pm

Hi Dev chick and anyone else reading this!

Not heard from you in awhile, hope everything is OK?

We had our final scan last friday at CARE, Dr Patel our consultant carried out the scan and he was able to tell us the sex..... I'M HAVING A GIRL!!!! :thumbsup:
1st ICSI 10/2009 BFP
M/C @6wk

cehjames

Reg: Oct 21st 2011

Tuesday, November 22nd 2011, 11:35pm

Hi ladies
I just got my bfp on 3rd Icsi after two failed attempts, an ectopic and 4 natural chemical pregnancies in the last two years.

I am sure that the immune protocol this time with intralipids and prednisone made the difference. I am 15dpo, got the bpf at 11dpo and am just hoping this one sticks around long enough! I am having my first scan on 8th December and assuming they see a heartbeat the second lot of intralipids straight after..

I am 42 and have two kids already but have been trying for 2 1/2 years for no. 3.... I took DHEA this time and got 5 blasts and 5 morulas by day 5 which was a big improvement on the previous two cycles. Where I had 3dt cos they were worried none wold get to blast (one did). I really hope this is it.... If not then I'll use up the snow babies and then move on.

I'm on lots of progesterone just in case...not noticed an appetite increase from my apparently massive prednisolone dose of 25 mg a day! Will look out for the moonface though!

It really helps reading about other people going through the same thing. Thank you cx :happy: :smile:

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE