You are not logged in.

Unread posts

treezuk

Superstar

• "treezuk" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Jan 31st 2007

Children: 1 son : Mckenzi Henry born 23/10/08 !!!

Friday, February 1st 2008, 9:34pm

Thanks Kerrylou
Me (Teresa) 28 / DH 31
DS Mckenzi Born 23rd Oct 08
TTC Since 2004.. Two Miscarriage's... 21st July 05 & 28th July 10

Jayney

Reg: Apr 30th 2008

Wednesday, June 4th 2008, 10:01pm

Cervical mucus question??

Hello everyone, quick question about cervical mucus while trying to conceive. My partner and i have been trying to conceive for 6 months now with no luck. However this month things have been a little different. I have just this month started to chart my temps/cm. Temps are looking good so far but the weird thing this month is my cervical mucus. Usually after ovulation i experience a total dry up and to a point i have (the general sensation is dry and i never have anything showing on underwear) but this time after sex with my partner i notice A LOT of very thick white mucus (on my partner if you know what i mean! sorry about the info) im talking very thick, sometimes lumpy almost. Im almost sure i dont have an infection as i have no itching, soreness, no smell etc just this awful stuff inside me. I've had it for about a week now and im currently on cycle day 21. 8 days past ovulation. I have a 28 day cycle and due on period Wed 11th. Has anyone else ever had this? any advice would be fantastic. I have also had a lot of period like aches and pains for about a week now too and over the last couple of days feeling shattered. Thank you for your help. Jayne x

mrsjasper

Megastar

Reg: Nov 2nd 2005

Children: 2 gorgeous girls

Wednesday, June 4th 2008, 10:13pm

Not sure Jayney. It could be thrush but generally you will get some irritation/itching. If its not bothering you in any way then I would wait and see. Its possible the tiredness and cramping might be caused by pregnancy too but I would wait and not test until the day your period is due or later. Good luck.

Eeyore

TECHNICAL ADMIN

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

What's Up?
Manners are appreciated
and free to use

Wednesday, June 4th 2008, 10:18pm

Hi Jayne

Welcome! :D

There is an excellent thread here, where Paul explains in great detail about CM - I hope it helps

EWCM

and also these threads

Embarrasing Question about CM

EWCM in 2ww?

tmi warning question that been bugging me

CM and ovulation

EWCM :TMI Not sure if right Section

Have we supported you? Can you support us?

CLICK HERE FOR FERTILITYZONE SUPPORT & MEMBERSHIP

My journey has now ended. 6 babies in Heaven.

'It'll be all right in the end - if it isn't all right yet then it isn't the end!'

Reg: Apr 4th 2008

Children: We now have a gorgeous new little baby daughter! can't believe i can say that now!!! :D

Wednesday, June 4th 2008, 11:10pm

Hi Sweetie, Im mot really too sure huni. I would make a trip to your GP for a little check up.
Im sure it will be nothing to worry about tho.... I actually had a little of what sounds like this.... but was told it was swimmers doing the back stroke!! :snigger:
Can i ask if it may be swimmers floating?? This might sound silly but what goes up and all :innocent:

First ICSI Dec '09 :BFP: :weehee:

Jayney

Reg: Apr 30th 2008

Thursday, June 5th 2008, 11:58am

Hi ladies, thanks for your replies. Ladybug........its not swimmers. Im almost sure its not as its not only there after we've had sex. Plus it is way to thick! I dont know.........the female body! Its a funny one!!

I hate all this two week wait stuff! its driving me mad X(

I wish it didnt have to be so long after ovulation. Couple of days would do me! :snigger:

Thursday, June 5th 2008, 8:42pm

Unusual cervical mucus question

Sorry to start a new thread for this - I know there are other cervical mucus threads, but my situation seems a little different and I just want a bit of advice.

Beware - lots of detail coming, but its the only way that someone may be able to help me!

I had my period on the 28th May (it was 5 days late) and I bled for 4 days, finally finishing on the 1st June, however I was still producing this utterly disgusting brown discharge on the Monday 2nd when I went for my vaginal ultrasound. Today (5th June) and day 9 of my cycle I felt like I had extra mucus so I went to the toilet and it was just hanging out of me there was so much of it! Very thick, very stretchy, but also very dirty like, not clear white. I have not had any other discharge this month, or nothing really to speak about. Am I ovulating? It seems quite soon after AF? I have had this before, but it was just before AF arrived?

Anyone know what it is??

Children: We now have a gorgeous new little baby daughter! can't believe i can say that now!!! :D

Thursday, June 5th 2008, 11:18pm

Im just guessing here but was it like clots? and could you have been pregnant (prob silly q since your trying) but very early miscarriages have similiar symptoms huni.
Maybe someone will come along that knows a bit more than me though but dont panic.......:hugs: for you sweetie and dont be shy about details...we hear everything on here :snigger:

hope you get answers soon babe x

Thursday, June 5th 2008, 11:22pm

yeah i know the feeling hun :happy:
in a lovely jubbly world ....the stork would just bring me babies at the snap of fingers....I'd have 5 by now...hmmm heaven :snigger:

Hope you find your answer/s babe x

• "1xbaby pls" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Apr 4th 2006

Thursday, June 5th 2008, 11:40pm

Hi A - Grace

Have you posted here,

http://www.fertilityzone.co.uk/board.php?boardid=121

I really wouldn't start to to think it coud have possibly been a mc, My periods often tail off that way. x x x
1st go ICSI - @ royal shewsbury and Telford NHS funded
25 eggs collected 27/3/06
15 fertilized - 8 grade A - 2 transfered 30th/3
test date - Thursday 13th April, BFP :D :D :D
:baby: ITS TWINS :baby:
M.L & J.F - Born 9/11/06 6w prem (6lb 5oz & 4lb 10oz)

Friday, June 6th 2008, 12:00am

I wasn't meaning to be negative hun. Im sorry if it came across that way. I have experienced this twice b4 though and thats what the doc put it down to for me.

Like 1xbaby pls says...Prob just periods being periods and doing what they want at times x

Jo101

Star

Reg: Mar 18th 2008

Children: None yet

Friday, June 6th 2008, 8:03am

Hi Grace,

It sounds like it is the start of your CM for ovulation to me...
I think you are maybe going to ovulate earlier this month perhaps.
How long are your cycles normally? Do you take your BBT?

J x

2nd IVF :BFP:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Jo101" (Jun 6th 2008, 8:04am)

mad_shell66

HONORARY MEMBER

Reg: Apr 16th 2008

Children: One amazing daughter born 14/4/11

Wednesday, June 11th 2008, 12:20pm

hi hun, i have this end the end of each AF. dont worry too much xx

Wednesday, June 11th 2008, 1:54pm

Hi girlies,

Thank you so much for your replies, I have not checked this for a while!! Still finding my way around and I can have a dizzy head on me sometimes!!! :snigger:

Don't worry lady bug, just really appreciate your thoughts and comments! I actually private messaged one of the members on here and he was very helpful. Don't worry - you were not negative and I would rather hear it as it is! No beating around the bush with me!! :snigger:

Jo I don't take my temperatures, but am just getting an ovulation kit sent over from the UK. I have just kept thinking there will be no need...................

Shell you are such a support to everyone and seem to always be in the right place at the right time. Thanks honey.

That member also said that it could be just early ovulation. Aparantly if you ovulate late (which I did last month) then you will ovulate early the next month to sort it all out and vice versa. Interesting fact to know i thought. I am learning everyday with this!!

DH and I have been busy in the bedroom and i'm praying for a :BFP: very soon!!

babydust to you all! xxx

mad_shell66

HONORARY MEMBER

Reg: Apr 16th 2008

Children: One amazing daughter born 14/4/11

Wednesday, June 11th 2008, 2:31pm

i really hope you do get that :BFP: hun. you deserve it xx

Mella

Star

Reg: May 17th 2008

Children: Identical twins girls after 21 months of trying and alot of tears and heartache

Wednesday, June 11th 2008, 3:08pm

holding thumbs that you will get your BFP very soon!!!

Love

bab10 bab10

Reg: Feb 20th 2008

Children: No Children

Thursday, June 12th 2008, 8:43am

Hi there,

Have you ever suffered with endometriosis? I have had it for approximately 13 years and my periods always end this way and i have never been pregnant before this current time, nor had a miscarriage.

Its just another thought, obviously Im not a dr, but it is a common thing and could be a possibility based on what you have described in your post.

Take care,

Dx
1st IVF Feb 08
:BFP: 4th April 2008

bab22

Reg: Jun 2nd 2009

Children: We have yet to have our own miracle

Sunday, June 14th 2009, 11:26am

Improving Cervical Mucous?

Hello peeps,

I wonder what I can do to my dietary requirements that will allow me to increase me cervical mucous?

Since Dan's 3rd SA came back alot better than the 1st two, we have been eager to give our love making that extra spark this month :happy:

The past year, although I have been getting EWCM, I have notice the last few months, its not been as much as I used to have. Not to be TMI here but I used to have EWCM whereby when I wipe, the streaks would be a good foot long and clung to my ass and the toilet seat!! :O

I do acknowledge that the stress has gotten to me the past several months and would expect to see less EWCM and even a change in my O'dates as well. The last 2 months have been fairly relaxed and alot happier but my EWCM has been showing no improvements on what it once was.

I have heard that drinking plenty of water, eating tomatoes and even taking chest/cough medicines even increase the EWCM but Im not sure if its true or not.

Anyone found anything that gave abundance in EWCM?

Thank you!

Sasha is deaf - please excuse any daft English grammar :P

OUR DIARY

Dec 2009 - IUI
:BFN: :bawl:
Jan 2010 - IUI Cancelled due to no motile sperm found
Nov 2010 - IVF/ICSI :BFN: :bawl:

JENSQUI

Megastar

Reg: Feb 26th 2007

Children: one very special daughter

Sunday, June 14th 2009, 11:47am

RE: Improving Cervical Mucous?

Hi there,

As I've got older I am sure that my EWCM isn't as much as it used to be - hasn;t stopped me from conceiving though! Don't know if it is a case of the more the better but I'd have thought as long as you still have some then it's gonna do the job.

Found the following thread with info on cough medicine and CM which you may find interesting:

Robitussin and CM info ...

good luck
xxx

me 38, DP 44, ttc since 2005
BFP May 07 - HB seen @ 8 wks but CRL only 7 weeks, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Jan 08 -m/c @ 11 wks (D&C)
BFP Jun 08 - early loss
BFP Dec 08 - HB & CRL ok @ 8 wks, but sac too small, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Apr 09 - Martha born 9th Jan 2010
BFP Feb 12 - Eliza born 13th Oct 2012

Sunday, June 14th 2009, 11:52am

Thanks Jen,

Oh you are from Edinburgh? - Its where I was born and raised lol

Moved to Derby to Marry Dan 2.5 years ago so Im far from home now - Missed my Leith/Granton areas as its where most of my Family are residing now.

Thank you for the link and will go look at it now...

Sasha

OUR DIARY

Dec 2009 - IUI

JENSQUI

Megastar

Reg: Feb 26th 2007

Children: one very special daughter

Sunday, June 14th 2009, 11:55am

No probs!

Yes, I live here now, but am from East Anglia originally. I used to live in Leith so know it well - we live in Corstorphine now (the 'burbs as my Leith buddies like to call it!)

xxx

me 38, DP 44, ttc since 2005
BFP May 07 - HB seen @ 8 wks but CRL only 7 weeks, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Jan 08 -m/c @ 11 wks (D&C)
BFP Jun 08 - early loss
BFP Dec 08 - HB & CRL ok @ 8 wks, but sac too small, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Apr 09 - Martha born 9th Jan 2010
BFP Feb 12 - Eliza born 13th Oct 2012

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 24th 2006

Children: Three gorgeous daughters!

Sunday, June 14th 2009, 12:16pm

Hi Sasha

Royal jelly is good for increasing EWCM. It may take a couple of cycles to get the effect from it but I found it worked.

Good luck hun.

xxx

Angel baby April 07, Angel baby December 07, DD1 August 09, DD2 March 11, DD3 October 13

Grace

Princess of the Universe

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 29th 2008

Children: 1 beautiful little son conceived through ICSI and one equally beautiful little boy concieved naturally!

What's Up?
Oh god I've got Puppies!

Monday, June 15th 2009, 7:09am

I used grapefruit juice, tastes horrible but did seem to make a difference to mine. I also used Robitussin red. If you google improving CM you will find a wealth of advice out there!

ICSI BFP DS1 born Nov 09
Natural BFP DS2 born Sept 11

Reg: Jun 7th 2009

Children: 2 daughters - 16 and 13.

Monday, June 15th 2009, 9:13am

Hi :)

When we were TTC naturally I tried the cough medicine..if did improve my CM but be warned, it also gave me a nasty chest cough! Must have been because of the increase in mucus in my chest aswell lol. I only used it the once due to that.

Good luck :)
1st IVF cycle September 09 - :BFP:09th October 2009! - Due 17th June 2010!

[zx115] 1 healthy heartbeat seen on 29th October [zx115]

Monday, June 15th 2009, 1:02pm

Thank you ladies for your advice with regards to improving my CM. Will see what I can find online. Im a fussy food eater so will see what I can find that I can take with a minimum of hassles lol

Jen - You are not that far from my High School then - Forresters lol

But a warm welcome to Scotland though and hope you are enjoying the city.

Thanks again ladies and this site has been really worthwhile.

Sasha

OUR DIARY

Dec 2009 - IUI

Reg: May 2nd 2007

Children: A boy and a girl, both living in London

Monday, June 15th 2009, 10:30pm

Ah, Waterbabies, the problems of cervical mucus.

Most women never make enough EWCM to ever really see it, but provided that what they do make is of good quality, and non-hostile when tested against partner's sperm, then pregnancies happen. When the sperm picture is less than ideal and/or the semen volume is lower than ideal, then the amount of mucus can have a role in how effectively the sperm are collected into the cervix and able to proceed further up the female genital tract, and becomes important

Some women (like yourself it seems) have lots of mucus - 'cascading' mucus it is referred to. In this situation pregnancies can happen even without penetration. Sperm deposited on the labia and lower abdomen are thought to be able to swim up from there through the mucus strands and onwards to produce a pregnancy.

Although EWCM secretion is generated by oestrogens there is no evidence that simple taking oestrogens improves the picture. The amount of cervical mucus that women produce is mainly influenced by the number of mucus secreting glands present in the cervix, so this will be reduced where the women has had cone biopsies and cervical excision. The role of cough mixtures is that some women seem never to produce good EWCM, only thick, cloudy mucus. Taking cough mixtures with a mucus digesting constituent, particularly Benylin, can thin out this mucus and facillitate pregnancies. Hence the origin of the Benylin baby stories.

If you are becoming concerned with your mucus becoming scanty, then you should get someone to sample it to confirm its continuing good quality, and at the same time it can be tested against his sperm to check that neither the sperm nor the mucus is a problem to the other. This is such a useful test, giving so much information. In my extensive research project some years ago it was one of the most predictive test of a couple's fertility. I have always done this as one of the basic starting investigations, when first seeing a couple.

Hope all that helps.

Regards,

Paul
Fertility Scientist and Andrologist
Fertility Counsellor, Holistic Therapist and Hypnotherapist
Providing Fertility Information, Assessment and Enhancement.
Natural family planning teacher.

Tuesday, June 16th 2009, 12:38pm

Hiya Paul,

Wow, some food for thought on what you said.

Getting pregnant without penetration?! :innocent: Gosh, that is very interesting but I can see how it could happen hehehe.

The test you mentioned in your last paragraph, I would never have thought that such a test can happen so it could be worthwhile mentioning it to my Consultant when we see him again in October this year.

We have been advised to TTC naturally for the next few months as Dan's SA came up better as stated in my original post. If the next few months doesn't create a pregnancy for us, then we are onto doing our first IUI.

Thanks for your input and will keep it in mind. (Might be worth seeing my GP and see if he could send the samples for us without having to 3 months to get it done if it needs to be done sooner...)

Thanks again,

OUR DIARY

Dec 2009 - IUI

Reg: Jan 18th 2008

Children: 1 son 8

Tuesday, June 16th 2009, 7:49pm

I have a friend who has recently got pregnant after 2 rounds of Ivf, naturally using a product called preseed, she swears by it, apparently it helps the sperm to swim upwards better!

Just google it to find it

hope this helps x
DS: 8
TTC: 7 years
3 IUI 3 IVF all BFN

Miracle natural pregnancy 2 months into adoption
Baby girl due 10th Sept. 2012

Wednesday, June 17th 2009, 1:33pm

Thanks Louis2,

However, on the other hand, preseed can also be hostile to sperm and should only use a small amount. This was also confirmed on a post that Paul Estwhistle mentioned so Im not sure that it's adviseable using that. Saying that though, Im glad your friend got pregnant on this product :D

Sasha

OUR DIARY

Dec 2009 - IUI

LAM

Reg: Oct 24th 2009

Saturday, October 24th 2009, 10:39am

Cervical mucus questions

Hi - first of all I am new to FZ...hi everyone

I am writing this because I think there is a problem with my mucus. I came off the pill (after 15 yrs) in June this yr. So far, my periods seem to have established a semi regular cycle (1st came after 35 days, then 31, then 26, another due next wk).

But when I was on the pill I always had loads of thick creamy-white mucus (sorry if thats too much info!). Since coming off it, nothing has changed. I had a smear test done the other day and the doctor took one look at my cervix and said "You've got thrush" becasue of the amount of mucus. Am awaiting the result, but I said to GP I really doubt its thrush as I've been like that for yrs and I don't have any itching/soreness. She replied 'Its probably just how you are then'.

But am worried it means I am not ovulating, given I don't have the egg white clear stretchy stuff. Some of the stuff I have stretches a bit, but only a few centimetres at most and its not clear (maybe 10% clear at most, but mostly white/yellow). Plus there's no pattern to it throughout my cycle - colour, amount and consistency doesn't change.

I'm worried I might have hostile cervical mucus (apparently thats the medical name for it!) which can just prevent sperm getting through to fertilise eggs. I've heard estrogen tablets can help, but doubt my GP will prescribe it as she thinks its just how I am. I've also heard cough syrup and evening primrose oil can help to produce the eggwhite mucus.

Just wondering if anyone has been in the same boat, espeically after coming off the pill, is there anything I can do about this? Its really getting to me, if I do have it I want to know now and try and deal with it now rather than keep trying for months on end and get nowhere before GPs will look into it more/have to consider IVF.

sorry - have rambled on way too long!
thanks

Reg: May 2nd 2007

Children: A boy and a girl, both living in London

Saturday, October 24th 2009, 11:31am

Hi LAM,

And welcome to FZ.

Cervical mucus causes so much distress to women trying to conceive, mainly because it it some the women can easily detect themselves and which thay can't ignore each month.

Many women do not have the classical clear and stretchy mucus each month. They either have not real mucus at all or they only seem to have non-ovulatory mucus. Hostile cervical mucus is a different story in that this is ovulatory looking mucus which is clear and stretchy and which should therefore be good for sperm, but when it is tested against sperm it is found to contain anti-sperm antibodies which immobilise all or some of the sperm that swim into it and stop them getting any further up into the genital tract.

Finding a variation in mucus during the cycle does not in itself prove that you are ovulating, merely that you are having some hormone changes which might be triggering ovulation, and when therefore these changes are taking place. Conversely not seeing mucus changes does not prove that you aren't ovulating. So I feel that an important first step for you is to get your progesterone tested and see what that is saying - this is the best way to prove that you are ovulating and how well. This is normally tested mid-luteal which for women with a "normal" 28 days cycle, this means around 6-8 days before the period is due. This can be difficult to do when the cycle is varying as yours is perhaps the present cycle will clarify this. It may also be difficult to convince your doctor about doing this after only four months off the pill - but do try.

This may show that your hormones have not yet settled down to a normal pattern, (despite your having periods) and this could mean also that perhaps the oestrogen surge that makes mucus clarify and change, may not yet be happening either. It would not be surprising for this to be the case after 15 years on the pill. It may be that you may need some medication such as Clomid to put you into a true ovulatory cycle. However I also feel that you need to have some cervical swabs taken if you have such a cervical mucus appearance and amount that you looked to have thrush. It might just be the "way you are" but it still needs investigating. Although thrush is usually irritating it sometime isn't and there are other simple and common infections that can make mucus look wrong, that can be tested for and treated. So get doctor or practice nurse to do so high vaginal swabs and get these tested.

In the meantime try not to panic, this is a very common situation. You could try taking Benylin, or any mucus digesting (chesty cough type) cough mixture from the chemist, this can sometime help. But do not take large doses stick to a sensible dose, and check also whether this will impair your driving skills, some mixtures do do this.

Keep in touch.

Paul
Fertility Scientist and Andrologist
Fertility Counsellor, Holistic Therapist and Hypnotherapist
Providing Fertility Information, Assessment and Enhancement.
Natural family planning teacher.

LAM

Saturday, October 24th 2009, 11:52am

Thanks Paul that is very helpful info, I appreciate it.

GP told me to come back in April if no luck TTC, and she will do blood tests then. So I don't think I can persuade her to do them any sooner! I was very emotional during the appointment and she just told me to stop stressing, it should happen in time etc, and that I was getting ahead of myself.

GP did a swab to test for thrush (because of what she saw) and I should get the result next week. I assume (and hope) they'll check for other infections, not just thrush?

Thanks again

Reg: Apr 17th 2009

Children: After Ttc for over 5 yrs 1st Natural preg May 2002 gorgeous DS 2nd natural preg resulted in missed m/c at 12 wks Jan 2004 both with my ex fiancé.

Sunday, October 25th 2009, 5:49pm

Hi Lam,

First of all a huge welcome to FZ, i am sure you will be amazed with the fantastic support you can recieve here as i have found.

I can't add to the great advice Paul has already shared with you but i wanted to let you know how interesting i found your comments as well as Pauls response. I too suffer cwevical mucus all through my cycle which up till recently had always been as regular as clockwork with a 28 day cycle. From what you described i don't have as much as you do but enough to need to use panyliners all thru my cycle :hairout

I noticed this change since i suffered a missed m/carriage 5 yrs ago and i've been the same ever since, i was also 29 at the time and not even sure if it was because i was almost in my 30's !!! I asked for my docs advice on a number of occasions as i was worried something was wrong but all i was ever told is that this is normal for me and to stop worrying, after about 3 yrs of this i asked to be tested and thankfully all came back normal.

Its very soon still from stopping your pill and your probably still settling back into a normal cycle but it may be worth having your partner do a sperm test to rule out any issues there. I'm only saying this becasuse i was convinced for many yrs that i was unable to concieve but after our refferals to fertility specialists last July it turned out that i, apparently, have a high fertility and my DF has problems with his sperm which is why we have been unable to concieve.

Good luck with your swab result next week and you have your mind settled all is fine. I would be very interested to hear if the Benylin makes any difference if you try that.

Take care.

Tinkerbell09

Member left

• "Tinkerbell09" is no longer a member of FZ
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 31st 2009

Children: LWH

Sunday, October 25th 2009, 7:53pm

Hi Hun, I use to always get ewcm but stopped seeing this for about 2yrs which i found at the time hard to get pregnant. I had white cm but not ewcm i even went and had iui x3 plus icsi x2 and dhs sperm sample was
not the greatest at the time but all them cycles failed for me.

I purchased a lube called preseed which acts as a egg white during ttc and its sperm friendly. I got pg straight away so i put the not being able to ttc down to non ewcm, Now dhs sperm sample is excellent and still could not get pg so i used preseed again and got pregnant 3 times while using this.

Sadley i am a missed miscarriage patient and lose my pregnancys due to a immune disorder we THINK but i have been pregnant no worries with the help of preseed because of the alck of ewcm. If you have a lot of white thick cm through out your cycles it will prevent you from getting pregnant as its to thick for the sperm to swim through.

Ladies who use clomid to help them ovulate produce a lot of thick white cm and they are told to use preseed to help them conceive.

I have started taking omega 3 fish oil caps and i have started to see ewcm thesa last 2 mths since taking them so thesa do help hun. Plus i am still using preseed to help me along the way. I got mine from ebay £12 could of been less if you do purchase it which i would say its worth giving it ago then buy the one that has tube applicants you insert the tube into your moo moo :snigger: and push the stick which lets out the lube, insert only a small amount of lube into the tube, I would say 3ml
thats what i use,

But with you having a lot of ewcm use 4ml i would suggest hun.

Preseed does NOT dilute the sperm some may so, but if this was the case then so many people on the net would not rant about the stuff and i would never get pregnant when using the stuff, its the other way round.
I dont get pregnant if NOT using the stuff

xxx

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Tinkerbell09" (Oct 25th 2009, 7:54pm)

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Sunday, October 25th 2009, 8:47pm

Hi Lam and welcome.

If preseed is something you want to consider further can I encourage you to have a look at this thread Pre-Seed preseed questions and in particular Paul's post there. Within that thread there is also a link to another thread on preseed as well that has loads of information it in as well.

Can I also clarify as well for anyone reading that it is not the case that all women on clomid are told to use pre-seed to help them conceive.

x

ttc since July 06. 8 cycles of clomid. BFP on cycle 5 (Dec 07) ended in m/c at 9.5 weeks. Second BFP on cycle 8 (May 08)

Reg: Jul 21st 2009

Children: 2 angels watching over us & our precious DD Scarlett Leigh <3

Monday, October 26th 2009, 9:22am

Cervical Mucus - TMI - Sorry

I know from the start this thread will contain TMI, but I need to see if anyone knows :snigger:

Firstly, I noticed slightly yesterday, but more so today, that I am leaking ALOT of cervical mucus.... I know what is "normal" discharge for me, but this is like "floods" at times I suppose. Especially when I got up this morning from being laid down.

I know when you "ovulate" you get more, however, I don't know if I ovulate, so I'm a little confused ?(

Also, had some twinges near right ovary last nigt & this morning.

Does anyone know if I could be ovulating, or is the CM a bit too much (I could wear a pantyliner, thats how wet I feel :O )

P.S.... I am on Day 16 today, & my cycles last from anywhere between 31 days to 43 days ?( :innocent:
April 12 - IVF - :BFP:

Sept 18 - Here we go again! ICSI this time

LAM

Monday, October 26th 2009, 10:58am

Hi

thanks for all the messages. It seems there are conflicting views on Preseed, but if I don't have any luck without it may give it a try a couple of times as it seems to work for some people...

Asssuming the mucus isn't caused by an infection, is it the case that there is nothing I can do about it other than try Benylin? Does anyone know if estrogen tablets will help and if so, how likely is it that an NHS GP will prescribe it? Are there any disadvanatges/risks to taking estrogen tablets?

I've heard that IUI can be done for women with thick mucus that is likely to be preventing fertilisation, does anyone have any comments on this?

Also - is it worth trying to remove the mucus myself before (sorry, tmi) BD'ing?

I'm worried that if there is some clear stretchy element to my mucus (stuff I had midcyle this month was a little bit stretchy) and I remove it I might be making things tougher for DH's swimmers, but then if there is loads of thick mucus there they might not be getting through anyway?

sorry for all these questions.

thanks again

• "philippa_s" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Jan 12th 2008

Monday, October 26th 2009, 11:28am

Hi

I had really thick mucus but it was only ever evident after sex i.e. my DP used to be covered in it.

I had had numerous swabs that all came back negative but eventually it was found that it was caused by over-producing mucus cells on my cervix. Had them treated with liquid nitrogen and the mucus went. May be worth suggesting if all the swabs come back negative.

Good luck
2 gorgeous girls and 1 on the way

compley

Megastar

Reg: Apr 30th 2006

Children: DS and DD

Monday, October 26th 2009, 3:42pm

RE: Cervical Mucus - TMI - Sorry

Hi,

Around the time I ovd, I would get lots and lots of CM, like you I could easily have worn a pantyliner, and did sometimes!....I also got one sided pain, around this time.

Obviously, I can't say for sure, but the signs you are describing sound encouraging!

xxx

<

Tinkerbell09

Member left

• "Tinkerbell09" is no longer a member of FZ
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 31st 2009

Children: LWH

Saturday, October 31st 2009, 11:07pm

Hi Lam yes iui is also given to help people with thick cm so its worth talking to your gp about this hun. I would also like to say i have been ttc with preseed for 2mths and just got my bfp, I give preseed 10/10 but like bubble said it does not work for everyone. But there is lots of ladies on the net that it has worked for 1 being me. So dont expect it to work straight away it MAY but dont just stop using it either, at least give it 5 cycles. If you do give it a go use 3ml dont over do it you only need at least 3ml good luck hun :smile:

xx

Reg: Sep 19th 2010

Thursday, September 23rd 2010, 6:13pm

Cervical Mucus

Hello lovely ladies out there.

I used to get cervical mucus but since trying for a baby... sods law I do not get any. I am using the CBFM which takes me immediately to peak (no highs) but go no mucus at all? I have started to drink grapefruit juice and take EPO - can anyone shed some light on this for me as to the causes and implications? Could this be an indicator that I am not ovulating. I have been TTC for 7 months.

Thanks everyone xxx

Grace

Princess of the Universe

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 29th 2008

Children: 1 beautiful little son conceived through ICSI and one equally beautiful little boy concieved naturally!

What's Up?
Oh god I've got Puppies!

Thursday, September 23rd 2010, 8:05pm

Hi,

Sometimes the CM can hide pretty close to your cervix and you don't see it unless you're prepared to probe (sorry I couldn't think of a nice way of saying that) I don't usually see any CM when I wipe but I will find some if I investigate further. CM isn't an indication that you have ovulated it's an indication that your body is trying to ovulate, the only way to confirm if you are ovulating is a blood test 7 days before you next af - it might be worth seeing if your gp will do this for you as you have concerns.

ICSI BFP DS1 born Nov 09
Natural BFP DS2 born Sept 11

Reg: Jan 18th 2008

Children: 1 son 8

Sunday, October 23rd 2011, 10:42am

I realise that no-one has written on this thread for a while but wondered if anyone might be able to answer my question.

I am wondering if I could have hostile cm as every month I have lots of cm and always know when I'm ovulating. I always feel all the right things but I'm always do itchy, almost burning sensation.

I've been checked for infection and never anything.

It stops as soon as I ovulate.

Anyone have any ideas?
DS: 8
TTC: 7 years
3 IUI 3 IVF all BFN

Miracle natural pregnancy 2 months into adoption
Baby girl due 10th Sept. 2012

Reg: Sep 10th 2010

What's Up?
Tired but happy!

Sunday, October 23rd 2011, 4:57pm

Hi Louis!
I've wondered the same thing about myself. Every month i would know I was ovulating because of the EW CM, I didn't very often have the itchiness you describe, but DH would, still does actually. He finds that he gets a bit itchy after BDing and we've always wondered if he's allergic to me ;( but as it's not something that was ever tested we might never know. Doesn't help with ttc!
I found when I have felt a bit itchy, and like you no infections, I do change my diet and cut down the yeast containing foods and sweet stuff and it does help. So maybe although thrush isn't found it might be the start of it, not sure if that helps you but I guess always worth a try.
Good luck!
[zx102]

IUI Nov 09 BFN ..... 1st ICSI Oct 10 BFP m/c 8weeks ;( ..... 2nd ICSI June 11 [zx076] [zx076]
MY DIARY

Valentine's day twins 2012
And a surprise DS 27/1/15

Reg: Jun 20th 2011

Children: is the question, 'soon' is the answer (fingers crossed)

Sunday, October 23rd 2011, 8:40pm

I could be wrong.. BUT, I think Buzzy bee has hit the nail on the head with diet.
Too much acidic drinks can have this itching effect xx
PCOS
DH Perfect (his opinion, not mine)
A laparscopy has shown tubal damage.
Ovarian drilling :BFN:
Prescribed Clomid 50mg for 18 months :BFN:
3x IUI 2 with clomid one with Menopur :BFN:
Currently taking Metformin 1500mg
xfingers ET Blasto Feb 2012 At Care Manchester

MY DIARY

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests