You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Elena12

• "Elena12" started this thread

Reg: Jul 4th 2011

Wednesday, October 12th 2011, 5:37pm

12 week scan urine sample help pls

Hi there I have my 12 week scan tmrw and i was told that i need to take a urine sample with me.
My midwife told me that i need to take a sample every time i go to any ante-natal app. My question is this, does my sample tmrw have to be first morning urine? Or if it is, does it matter?
My app is at 9am and i was told to drink a lot of water 1 hour before my app which means i cant wee after 8am.
Any help is much appreciated.

Blue

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 15th 2008

What's Up?
I need sleep!

Wednesday, October 12th 2011, 5:51pm

Hi Elena,
Your sample can be collected at any time of day, so whenever is most convenient for you.
(They only advise first urine of the day for pregnancy tests, because if you are testing early on in pregnancy and you've had a lot to drink, you might dilute the specimen so much that the pregnancy hormone isn't detected.) But it doesn't matter how dilute the urine is for the tests that your midwife will do - she'll test for protein, sugar, blood, white blood cells etc.
Hope that helps!
Blue
xxx

My Diary
10 years, 5 cycles, and 3 beautiful children.
My family is complete :heart: :heart: :heart:

Elena12

• "Elena12" started this thread

Reg: Jul 4th 2011

Wednesday, October 12th 2011, 6:18pm

Thank you for your quick reply Blue! Yes that's definitely covered my question! Thank you! :)

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE