You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

KJ27

Ace

Reg: Mar 26th 2010

Monday, September 5th 2011, 8:51am

Hi all,
Eizmac Ross is totally gorgeous, I literally can't wait to have one.

Went to NCT yesterday and it was okay the group are quite nice but the tutor is a bit of a fuddy duddy but I def think my hubby got a lot out of it, he won't read anything about birth so this is like forcing him to accept whats going to happen.

Right best go got to get into London to work, not there everyday but I am today so off we go.

KJ

Stace

Reg: Jun 24th 2010

Children: One beautiful son thanks to IVF!

Monday, September 5th 2011, 9:47am

Thanks for the tip off Liz, I will wait till after b-day and purchase a hammock for my oversized boobies :snigger: The photo is deceiving, but 7lbs is about average weight for a newborn isn't it. I am also expecting a giant so haven't actually bought much newborn stuff, most is 0-3 months.....guess it is probably best to wait and see whether he/she is smaller than expected before I go buying MORE clothes!! I hope you have managed to grab a bit of sleep in between feeding, changing and soothing a crying little Ross!

Hey KJ, how much longer do you have at work? Must be quite hard travelling into London whilst heavily pregnant! My OH reads nothing, yet thinks he knows everything about childbirth even though he has never been there to experience one......should be interesting when I go into labour :snigger: He's super laid back so i'm sure he will either be good for me or make me panic even more.....time will tell! How is your OH coping with the thought of you going into labour?

Hope all you other 3rd tri ladies are well and had a good weekend?

I have another ladies who lunch date at my house this afternoon, 5 mummies and 6 bubba's so should be fun! Better get my butt moving as I need to make food! My travel system is being delivered this afternoon too, excited!! The OH literally can't wait to come home from work and have a play, who knew buggies were classified as boys toys LOL!! Catch you later xx

ME 29 PCOS
OH 41 V. LOW [zx151]
TTC 4YRS
1st ICSI CYCLE STARTED 03/11/2010
28/01/2011 :BFP:
[zx076] seen at 7w1 and 11w3 :happy:
MY LITTLE MAN JONAH IS HERE lurve

MY DIARY

Reg: Feb 3rd 2011

Children: One beautiful daughter -born Oct '11

Monday, September 5th 2011, 11:20am

Hi Ladies

Not been in here lately and it is awash with babies!! Had a good read and it sounds like evryone is settled and happy - the way it should be :)

Stace - ooooh you getting your buggy too! Let us know what it's like, you have bought the Porsche of prams! How is the mural coming along?? I still have wall envy of that ! I can't imagine you panicing - still amazed at how chilled out you are xxx

KJ - we thought the same about NCT - DH got soooo much more out of it than I did, but we were lucky and had a great group, we have met up a few times since classes ended. You may find that the instructor chills out as you all get to know each other a bit better. How much longer have you got left?? And as for keeping regular, i am the same as Rallygilr - morning caffeine has done the trick, never missed a day yet.

Ali - how are you feeling? Hopefully the next time you post it will be with some good news!! If you are still pregnant, I hope you don't have too much longer to wait, you must be getting so fed up!

Rallygirl - you are so close too! Not long until you reach the magical 37 week marker. We went to IKEA for our changing table, was quite pleased with it! Are you all ready then? Hope you are relaxing and making the most of these last few weeks.

To all you other lovely ladies - keep bump stroking!! Hope you are well.

AFM - nothing to report really - 34 weeks today. Mum is coming later on as DH is away with work tomorrow until Sunday so I imagine there will be plenty of baby shopping while she is here! Not a bad thing to be doing.....
Our iCandy arrived on Saturday, it is so lovely - I can't WAIT to see Little Miss in it!
All our decorating etc has now officially finished - am onto the "soft furnishings" phase, which is lovely. The house is almost back to normal, feels good! Visitors are now welcome :)

Take care

:xxx3:

5 - yes FIVE angels baby5 All early losses due to elevated NK cells.

1st IVF january 2011 resulted in our beautiful daughter born Oct 2011 bab10

My diary

Reg: Jan 16th 2011

Children: Our beautiful angel Evie and her new baby sister Isla, our wee rainbow.

Monday, September 5th 2011, 3:06pm

Hi Ladies

Hope you all had a good weekend.

Daisy, enjoy those shopping trips with your mum. I really struggle going into town now, went in on Sunday and just keep having to sit down. My back was broken by the time we got home!!
It's so brilliant playing with the new pram isn't it. I still feel like a wee girl playing with my dolls pram, not sure what i'll do when there's a real live baby in it!! nailbite

Stace, enjoy your coffee date, i've got another one tomorrow, just baked a wee chocolate cake but it's for the coffee date so will only have one slice! :snigger: I did some weight calculations the other day and i've only put on 2 stone so i'm not obsessing about it anymore. I dont think 2 stone is a lot and i've only got 3 and a bit weeks left. Enjoy playing with the pram!

KJ, I've got a book which has a chapter especially for dad's-to-be so i just handed it to DH and he read it. We didn't discuss it after but i know he's taking it all in and is just as anxious as me about the birth but i'm sure he'll do a brill job. Hope London's not too hectic for you today.

Ali and Shelbie, hopefully the waiting's over for you guys.

AG, Liz, Lozza and all the other new mummies, hope you are all well and enjoying your gorgeous wee bubba's.

AFM - still getting lots of intense BH's but finally getting used to them now and not panicking anymore. Just realised last night that my bag isn't completely packed so doing more washing and have managed to dye my dressing gown pink!!! Anyhoo, better go and ice the cake for tomorrow.

Take care lovely ladies. xxx

Reg: Nov 22nd 2007

Children: William and Charlotte

Monday, September 5th 2011, 4:40pm

X( Have just had a call from the shop whhere I have ordered the cot bed from, I ordered it 4 weeks ago as they said they could get it the following week. It didn't show and they then said that the suppliers should get it by 25th Aug so I left it until now to chase it up and they have now said that it will not be at the suppliers until 14th Sept so won't even be with them until a week later. I know it's not that important as LO will be in the moses basket for the first few weeks at least anyway but I really wanted to get it sorted before B-Day but that doesn't look likely now X(

Ok, rant over. Not much going on here, still no signs other than the usual aches/pains so it's still the waiting game. MW appointment tomorrow so will book a sweep, I don't mind this but am quite against induction unless ABSOLUTELY essential. I went 3 days over with DS1 but it was a dream pg so I really didn't mind.

Haven't heard from Shelbie for a while so xfingers we will be getting some happy news soon.

Hope everybody else is ok and enjoying lots of chilling out/shopping and generaly looking forwad to the biggest day of your lifes :snigger:

blowkiss

IVF #1 2008 :BFP: William born 15/2/09
Our 6 yr TTC journey WAS over
Shocking natural :BFP: Charlotte born 10/9/11
:happy: Our family is now complete :happy:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ALI BIRD" (Sep 5th 2011, 4:42pm)

KJ27

Ace

Monday, September 5th 2011, 6:59pm

Hi all,
Back from busy old London, I recokon it would kill me if I had to do it every day although at least I always get a seat on the tube with some hard stares!!!

Nice to hear from you Daisy you have been quiet. I also have the icandy but its still in the box perhaps I should be having a play with it but I fear I will never get it back in the box and at least its tidy.

Stace = 6 weeks left of work but for the last 3 weeks I go down to 4 days, it is def getting harder now to walk around all day and driving can be uncomfortable if the little man is digging in my ribs as he is doing right now!!

Rallygirl you always make me crave cake, I love cake, I might drive to Scotland for a piece!

Alibird how annoying, I was just cursing that a dress I ordered is out of stock so why have it on the website??? It is very irritiating as I wanted it for next week going to Centre parcs with work for a week, rather worried about the size of the place and all the walking but hey I will manage I am sure.

Hi to all the other big bump ladies.
KJ

Reg: Oct 19th 2009

Tuesday, September 6th 2011, 10:54am

Hey Ladies,

what a miserable grey rainy day it is here today, not had the best start either, went for my 35 week scan this morning to check placenta position, had it in my diary since June as 10am so when they said no, it was 9am she can't see you, i kicked up a right old fuss, but they weren't very helpful and when i got home i dug out the letter and it was at 9am :scream: am so annoyed at myself.

I am also panicking a bit as i need to have it this week before seeing consultant next week, had to leave a message with St Thomas's to rebook....but no response yet.

A real crppy day so far, hope it gets better! am off to meet a friend for lunch, then going to the Science Museum to have a wander, hope my mood improves by then!

Anyway, onto some nice stuff....

Liz, the picture of Ross is so cute, he looks absolutely adorable!

Stace - i swear our bodies are copying each other, i also put on 3lbs since last weigh in, really wanted to find out if my LO is a chunker too but will have to wait now, i saw your pram pics, it is very cool. ours isn't coming till later this week

Daisy - yay for finishing ALL the decorating, and now on to the fun soft furnishings part, i enjoyed that bit the most, had a really lovely time catching up with you ladies on Friday it was such a nice day and great to see how you were both doing.

Rallygirl - only 3 weeks left to go! how exciting, so who is due before you? how are you feeling? you seem quite chilled i must say, who is the cake for?

KJ - ah, you lucky thing, Centre Parks for a whole week, how relaxing! how come you are going with work? i wish my work would do fun things like that, how are the nosebleeds? mine are still dreadful :headache

Alibird - that is annoying about the cotbed, having the same kinda difficulties with our buggy, been calling them for a week to try to get a delivery date organised, they keep saying "we hope to have it in by...."

Hope all the new mummies are all doing well, i wonder how Shelbie is going, is the order then:

Shelbie, Alie, Rally, Stace, Me, Daisy?

so just tried to rebook scan, they don't have anything until 20th at the Dr's surgery, so the hospital are trying to fit me in but they need a faxed referral fromt he MW so trying to sort that out now.... :hairout am so annoyed with myself!

oh, on the positive side, i did the final shop for all the Boots / Baby /Hospital bag stuff at the weekend and it was 3 for 2 on everything Baby, including breast pumps, clothes, everything! i saved £60, it was amazing value, think it is still going

hope you all have lovely if a bit soggy Tuesdays

xxx
Anna
2nd ICIS Jan 2011 :BFP:

Stace

Tuesday, September 6th 2011, 2:12pm

Good afternoon all!

And what a miserable afternoon it is, really does feel like the cold winter is on its way already :thumbdown:

daisy - sounds like you have been having fun, while the cat is away the mouse will play :happy: i.e - while daddy is away, mummy will shop till she drops!! So what did you get?? Your buggy is a beaut, and I know exactly what you mean about testing it out for real.....so exciting!!

Rallygirl - you'll be a pretty in pink new mummy on the ward then :snigger: Well done on getting your bag packed, I haven't even found a bag to pack stuff in let alone what to pack in it....at this rate, i'll be chucking some stuff in a plastic bag whilst in labour!! Hope you are enjoying your coffee date with choccie cake, once again the thought of your baking has my mouth watering. Maybe you could share a recipe here for me to attempt, I seem to be quite good at cooking but not baking....always willing to give it a try though! Had some BH and periody cramps this morning but they definitely seem to have tailed off a bit recently.....think you might beat me to it! Not long now!!

Alibird - bless you and the nightmare with the cotbed, very annoying to be told you can have something within a week only to be kept waiting for 6 weeks. Have you paid for it already? These people should know not to mess with preggy ladies, we are a force to be reckoned with at times like this :snigger: I hope it turns up soon for you! And that little baby of yours too!

KJ - those 6 weeks will fly by, especially if you are doing less days in your final 3 weeks. The countdown begins hey :happy: Its amazing how the body just keeps going, and then as soon as you stop working, the aches and pains really kick in. I feel like an old aged pensioner most days :snigger: but don't care as don't really have to stretch myself too much! Which Centre Parcs are you off to? That will be a nice berak (if you aren't working) and its a place where you can do as much or as little as you want, I heard that one of them has a very nice spa.....so you could get your pampering on!

Anna - hope you are feeling a bit better now. Its amazing the power of the weird and crazy preggy brain isn't it! They will have to fit you in somewhere as its not like you can't have the scan. Do you think your consultant might do it for you if you can't get in beforehand? I know they have portable machines that they often use to check things themselves! Hope it gets sorted soon for you! Ooooh I will have to check out the Boots website and see if I can pick up any last minute bargains, i'm sure there will be something I haven't got yet......any excuse to shop really :snigger: Enjoy your afternoon lunch date and wander round the Science museum :happy:

AFM, still lazing in my PJ's....tuttut! Its miserable outside and I don't have anything particularly urgent to do so will take this as a lazy day. Its my little bro's birthday today so am meeting them all for dinner later, I even have an excuse for not cooking tonight.....BONUS!! My Stokke arrived yesterday and is great, we had so much fun playing around with it and testing out all the various functions. I think i've got the hang of them now, for something with so many attachments its fairly easy to use! Like daisy I can't wait to give my baby a spin in it for real, although might have to improve my buggy driving skills first LOL! I ordered my chest of drawers finally and that should be delivered on Thursday so will be good to be able to put stuff away instead of having it hanging around the house. It all seems to be coming together :happy: J is still painting a square inch a day on the mural but its looking good so far, thought i'd attach a little piccy for you so you can see it! Its taken about 4 weeks to get this far, not hopeful it will be finished before the baby comes but nevermind....he/she won't be sleeping in there anyway. It would've just been nice to have everything done and dusted!

Right i'm off to scoff my face AGAIN, speak soon xx
Stace has attached the following file:
  • IMG_0125.jpg (115.89 kB - 13 times downloaded - latest: Sep 14th 2011, 4:37pm)

ME 29 PCOS
OH 41 V. LOW [zx151]
TTC 4YRS

MY DIARY

KJ27

Ace

Tuesday, September 6th 2011, 6:49pm

Hi all,
Great pic Stace, who is the artistic one?

No relaxing in centre parcs, I'm afraid, its conference week for us so lots of presentations of which I have to do 2 to about 150 people, we are going to the suffolk one and its massive the walking about will kill me I reckon. On the Wednesday night its fancy dress night and my team is doing snow white and the 7 dwarves, should be fun but I will look so stupid my snow white dress is massive to fit over the bump and a hideous black wig, what a nightmare!!!

We do have an activity afternoon on the thursday but it will be fairly dull for me as I can't join in, probably just walk round all day in the rain watching others have fun, boo hiss!

Had another nose bleed last night but it was pretty small, strange they are happening in the middle of the night, most inconvienient.

Right come on ladies, def due another baby, lets get cracking, must be time soon.

KJ

Reg: Sep 21st 2010

Children: One little miracle girl born 22/09/11

Tuesday, September 6th 2011, 10:38pm

Hi girls, Having some cramps last few days, but nothing exciting to report. 6days til due date! Liz, Ross is so cute! Very good looking baby.c

Our nursery furniture is coming tomor-hurrah! Hope hubby is in diy mood as is flat pack.
Cath x

ICSI: 3rd Jan 2011: :BFP:

Children: Our beautiful angel Evie and her new baby sister Isla, our wee rainbow.

Thursday, September 8th 2011, 9:24am

Morning Ladies

Think the site had some major technical hitches yesterday, i couldn't get on all day. Hope everyone is well and looking after those bumps!!

It's a beautiful morning up here in bonnie Scotland so i should really get out and go for a walk although i've got so much pressure in my pelvis it's really uncomfy. Had a m/w app yesterday and little miss is head right down in my pelvis so hopefully there's no chance of her turning around now. Also had second antenatal class last night which was all the theory about labour and birth, next week is the practical session with the physio where we'll practise positions and breathing etc. I'm quite looking forward to it, so hope she doesn't decide to make an appearance before then, i really want to practise the breathing!!! It was funny cos most of the dads were pretty quiet last night. Probably cos it was the actual birth being discussed and it's time to face up to it now! :snigger: My poor DH was feeling really sick but i dont think it was the discussion that was the cause. The room was really hot and i know he's really stressed at work just now, but that stress should be mostly gone by the weekend, it's the RAF Leuchars Airshow on Sat and it's causing everyone lots of stress and headaches. My mum and sis are coming up for it so i'm hoping i can manage to walk around and have a look. I'm taking a fold up camping chair so that i can sit whenever i want. Should be a good day, it could well be the last one!!

Anyway, sorry for no personals today, will do them properly next time.

Take care ladies.

xxx

Thursday, September 8th 2011, 2:50pm

Stace, what a fab mural, it must be fab to have a talent like that. Don't beat yourself up about having a lazy day, you will still be in your pjs all day after the baby is here but not for laziness so it's time to make the most of it :snigger: Glad you like your push chair, I remember putting a teddy in ours and pushing it around the house :O

KJ, hope you enjoy centre parks, even though it is work. While the rest of them are having their activities you should try to sneak off for a swim or a pamper

Cath, hope things are starting to move now, it's very frustrating on this final stretch and I am getting calls and texts constantly asking if anything is happening, I just keep saying I will let them know but it doesn't stop them asking :snigger: Hope the furnature has arrived and is everything that you were hoping for.

Rally, Hope you enjoy your next antenatal class, the positions are hilarious but really helpful when labour starts. Also hope you have a good time at the Airshow and that DH is happier one it's over.

Still nothing to report here, I have tried spicy foods, lots of [zx084] and have just come back from walking around a local farm with DS1 for 3 hours then going to walk the dog soon. I have been getting period type pains on/off but nothing consistant so I am not holding my breath. I have just been told by one of my NCT girlies that nipple stimulation is supposed to help, I am not just talking a little tweak but for 5 minutes each for half an hour. Now I really want LO to arrive now but that is just a little bit to wierd. I am desperate for some sleep as know that it won't happen for a while after baby is here but thanks to SPD I cannot sleep for more than half an hour at a time X(

Still no news from Shelbie yet?

blowkiss

Saturday, September 10th 2011, 8:56am

Well, it seems that I might have spoken too soon, contractions started at 3am but very mild and irregular so managed to sleep inbetween (would you believe the best nights sleep I have had in ages), then felt wet at about 6am so went to the bathroom and lost my plug. Since then the contractions seem to be getting closer and stronger, they are about every 10 minutes but are only lasting for about 30 seconds and are very managable so I have cooked us all a nice breakfast, DH has just taken the dog for a walk before he drops him off at the kennels and DS1 is happily watching fireman sam while I am bouncing on my ball. I will have a bath and wash my hair etc then pop my tens machine on.

I must say I feel very chilled out and very excited, I said to DS1 when he woke up that we might be meeting the baby soon and he said 'just one baby in babies room mummy?' Bless him.

Right, hopefully next time I post it will be with some happy news

Hope everybody else is doing good and take care

blowkiss

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "ALI BIRD" (Sep 10th 2011, 8:58am)

Reg: Dec 6th 2010

Saturday, September 10th 2011, 12:08pm

Hey. Hope so ali!! Good luck!!
We are massively sleep deprived and our piglet has colic and us wanting fed every 90 mins. Ug. Puts 38 week uncomfy ness into new perspective!!
Make the most of your sleep everyone!! And fingers crossed ali. X

gemmab

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Feb 8th 2008

Children: 2 miracle icsi boys and 2 step kids.

What's Up?
Getting ready for another egg donation!!!

Saturday, September 10th 2011, 12:18pm

Good luck Ali thinking of you.x

ICSI 1 Apr 08-m/c 9.5.8
FETJul 08-BFN
ICSI 2 Dec 08 (ES) -I'm a mummy Kaynan arrived 19.8.09! :heart:
ICSI 3 Dec 10 (ES) -BFN
FET Mar 11- BFP- M/C ;(
ICSI 4 (ES) -:BFP: 1.7.11 Cobi arrived 09.03.12 [zx160]
Egg donation Aug 2012 BFN for recipient- gutted
Egg donation Dec 2012 Recipient :BFP:
Egg donation 27.05.2013- not great - please pray for the recipient :dust:

Stace

Saturday, September 10th 2011, 1:03pm

Oooh how exciting :clap Best of luck Alibird, looking forward to hearing your happy news!! I hope I'm as relaxed as you when my time comes!!

Elizmac - sounds like you are having a rough time with lack of sleep! I know a couple of friends who've had babies with colic and there's not much you can do really is there apart from winding, propping them up and the meds. Is infacol working? Heard there is another tonic but is quite pricey! I hope things start improving for you and Ross soon and you get some rest!

I am currently still in bed, the OH has gone to work so I am taking the opportunity to be lazy and have had brekkie in bed and read some pregnancy magazines. This is the life.....but not for much longer!! Eeeeeek!!

What's everyone else up to? Been a bit quiet here last few days xx

ME 29 PCOS
OH 41 V. LOW [zx151]
TTC 4YRS

MY DIARY

Saturday, September 10th 2011, 2:34pm

Ohh it is very exciting in here with more baby news very close!! Just popping in to see how you are all doing and i've attached a picture of our lovely Norah, once I discovered how to resize the photo.

We are getting on good - I think Norah is really quite good for us, although this past few days she has been more unsettled. Not sure if she is having trouble with wind, so going to try some infacol with the next feed. It could be that she is overtired as she hasn't slept so much these past few days either. In saying that she really is very good and has made things easy for us, at the moment - no two days are the same!

It really is just the best being a mummy!
Amazing Grace has attached the following file:

Saturday, September 10th 2011, 5:28pm

oooh, just a quick post to wish you a nice speedy and pain free labour Alie Bird, i will look out for an announcement.

will write more tomorrow on my Lazy Sunday!
xx
Anna

alie

Star

Reg: Oct 14th 2007

Children: Alfred born 10.12.2008 Florence born 21.10.2011

Saturday, September 10th 2011, 10:48pm

Ali Bird wishing you all the best, looking forward to your news.

Amazing Norah is beautiful

Hello to everyone, hope all well, sorry don't get on very often, still working full time for 2 more weeks and DS being a little minx at the moment, regression has set in before baby born !!! Saying that he came to help me shopping today and fell and had a huge bang to is head and then fell again at home and cut the other side of his head - only wanted mummy which still feels lovely.

I'm desperately big have put on 3 stone - just like last time, even though I'm all bump this time, think I must be having an elephant!!!!! Just waiting on scan week on tuesday but I think at this rate I may request planned c section early. Does anyone else keep getting in your bit and pieces, it takes my breathe away sometimes but I have to laugh at the look people give me - ooo she looks likes she's giving birth :snigger:

Will keep popping in to see how you all doing XXXX

Me 42, DH 43
Nat Pg - m/m 05
unexplained infertility
4xIUI BFN, 1st IVF Oct 07 BFN
1st FET Feb 08 BFP

2nd FET Jan 11 BFP

Sunday, September 11th 2011, 9:51am

OOOHHH!!! Alibird, your little one must be here by now. Cant wait to hear!!!

xxx

Reg: Nov 12th 2008

Children: One gorgeous little boy 2011

Sunday, September 11th 2011, 11:38pm

Hey everyone, :hello:

Just a quickie to let you know my brave little soldier is here, 2nd September 2011, have put a thread on the birth announcement board along with details about my traumatic labour/birth.

Discharged from hospital Tues (6th) afternoon, little man was very unsettled and getting used to his new home at first, so a few long sleepless nights and zombie-like days but settling in nicely now and cant imagine life without him! I am slowly getting back to normal, healing well, just frustrating when I cant do something - my nesting instinct kicked in a few days after I got home and I should be resting!!! Oh well. :rolleyes:

Breastfeeding going well after a shaky start and a few "hiccups" had a b/fing advisor come round (referred from midwife)and help me out as couldnt get him to latch on right breast properly and was in agony, along with a cracked nipple, but she showed me the rugby ball hold, which worked!!! Lansinoh cream is def a Godsend, think i would have given up if it wasnt for this dream in a tube!!!

Getting to know what baby wants now and its lovely dressing him in cute little outfits and having people coo over him.......HE IS REALLY MINE!!!! lurve

I promise to post a pic or two on my birth announcement thread when I get 5 mins :happy:

Looks like Alibird is next?? All the best Ali blowkiss

Me 36 DF 30
TTC since 97
Dec 2010 IVF :BFP:

one :heart: seen 6+3 & 11+2 & 13+2 &20+2

bab22

Monday, September 12th 2011, 1:16pm

Hey everybody, I have popped a brief note in the birth arrivals and things are a little hectic and the moment, I promise to do personals when I have more time.

Charlotte Anne was born Saturday 10th @ 6.53pm after a straight forward labour using TENS and gas and air. She is beautiful.

I can honestly say that I am gobsmacked as I was convinced that it was a boy but feel very privaledged to have one of each.

Will loves his little sister and keeps stroking her and kissing her but he is a bit heavy handed and have to keep an eye on him :snigger:

Right, off to dress one and feed the other, not sure which to do first :snigger:

Love to you all

blowkiss

Monday, September 12th 2011, 3:19pm

Congrats both of you!!! I love all the arrivals news!!

Monday, September 12th 2011, 3:30pm

Congrats you two! Well , I was due today, but a bit upset, as went for my check up and found out that my Bishop's Score is very low at three. :bawl: The internal was really sore - having been through ICSI, thought I was an old hand at them now. I was nearly in tears and felt like such a woose. Getting a sweep done on Thurs and most likely induction next Tues 20th, but if Bishop's Score hasn't moved up, wil not work. Will be 9 days over then. Anyone else had a low Bishop's score? I have dilated to 1-2cm, so at least something is happening. Anyone any tips for relaxing during these exams?
Cath x

Monday, September 12th 2011, 6:00pm

Cath do not fret. I was only 1/5 engaged. Hardly effaced and not dilated and had baby 2 days later!!!

Monday, September 12th 2011, 7:52pm

Hi Liz,

Do you mean the other way round? Over here they count down from 5/5. so 1/5 is actually really good and means baby is ready to pop. I am 2-3/5 at mo. But other bit is encouraging. Fingers crossed our LO will appear naturally soon.
Cath x

Monday, September 12th 2011, 8:28pm

Cath. 1/5 engaged and 4/5 free so not really down at all!!

Hoping77

Reg: Apr 14th 2009

Children: A son and daughter - our family is complete :)

What's Up?
Absolutely love being a mum of 2 but OMG it is hard work and very tiring! Wouldn't change it for the world though :)

Tuesday, September 13th 2011, 10:31am

:congrats: to Shelbie and Ali :party:

Love hearing news of new arrivals. Gonna pop in the birth announcements section to read more on your news.

Hope everyone else is well and ready to pop!!!

An almost 4 year old son and a 21 month old daughter :)

Stace

Tuesday, September 13th 2011, 1:06pm

Hello ladies

How are you all? Thought i'd say a quick hello and see how you are all doing!

Its been very quiet here recently, we seem to be thinning out as the stork bring on the new arrivals!! :congrats: again to you both Shelbie and Alibird, I hope you are both recovering well and enjoying time with your new bubbas :happy:

Alie - I bet you can't wait to finish work but not long to go now. How is Alfred now? I hope his head is better. Is he at the age where he knows about the baby bro/sis in mummy's tummy?

Rallygirl - how are you hun? Taking these last few days easy I hope!

Elizmac - hope you are getting some sleep and Ross is doing good!

Cathcat - oh sounds like you have a stubborn baby in there not willing to make an appearance just yet. How come you had an examination so early on? I'm not surprised it was uncomfortable as your cervix must have been quite far back. Fingers crossed things start moving on soon and you don't have to be induced!

Anna, daisy, Hoping, AG and anyone else I have missed, I hope you mummies and mummies to be are all doing well x

AFM, just about to do some more nesting and finish off the spare room declutter! Managed to sort babies room out yesterday, although the OH still hasn't finished painting I wasn't willing to wait anymore! I have afternoon tea with a couple of friends at 3pm so excited to get my cake fix :snigger: Have been feeling very stressed and emotional recently, I know this is perhaps a sign of things being imminent so better get my butt moving on completing my cosy nest, I won't be happy if I don't finish my to do list!! My TENS machine arrived and I tested it out on my arms, its a very strange sensation and I can't see me liking it but I will not knock it just yet. I'm sure I will change my mind when the labour pains kick in and i'm willing to try anything :snigger:

Right off I go, speak soon ladies xx

ME 29 PCOS
OH 41 V. LOW [zx151]
TTC 4YRS

MY DIARY

Tuesday, September 13th 2011, 3:11pm

Hi Folks

It is quiet on here now isn't it. I've congratulated Ali and Shelbie on their announcement pages but will say it again here, :balloons: congrats ladies, well done and hope you're enjoying those little bundles!!!

Cath, i'm afraid i'm a bit clueless about the bishops score but xfingers things start to happen and at least you're having a sweep on Thursday so you never know. Maybe you need to eat a really hot curry followed by [zx084] !!! Good luck hun.

Stace, enjoy your afternoon tea, i may do some baking this afternoon if i can be bothered. Phil has accused me of being a feeder so might just do a few scones, they're not as bad as cake. :licklips: Hope your house is all tidy and ready. I've got the nursery sorted but haven't had an attack of cleaning as such! My back is so sore when i bend that it's really uncomfy just cleaning the loos and the bath etc and it's not as if we live in a pigsty so just a quick wipe with a cloth will have to do. :snigger:

Hope all other 3rd tri ladies are doing well and putting your feet up when you can.

AFM - I'm having a last minute panic about a tens machine cos i haven't ordered one to rent but have seen them in Babies r us for only £40 so think i'll buy one then stick it on ebay later. Not much else to report really. I'm fairly sure it's going to be Oct before our wee madam decides to make an appearance but DH thinks she'll be early, think it's just wishful thinking. Got our last antenatal class tomorrow evening with the physio so as soon as we've had that then i'm going to be as ready as i can be!!!

Take care lovely ladies. xxx

nickymoo

Reg: Sep 27th 2010

Children: 1 gorgeous boy 7 years

Tuesday, September 13th 2011, 8:12pm

hello all i was 29 wks on sunday so i think im meant to be in here now although by the look of things most have had their babies or are ready to drop!!!

congratulations to all the new mums !

am currently decorating everthing in my house and am stressing slightly that im not going to get everything finished in time for her arrival.my back is hurting and am getting a bruised aching pain in pelvis bones ??? is any else getting this ?? im thinking its the extra weight putting pressure on everything ?

anyway im off toasted hot cross buns are calling ........im coming !!!!! :happy:
nicky

Spain United Kingdom

Reg: Oct 11th 2009

Children: 2 teenage sons 13 & 14 and my miracle twins Noha Martina & Oscar Noha born 7 wks early 11/10/11 RIP princess Noha <3

Wednesday, September 14th 2011, 11:08pm

Hi ladies, just thought i would pop in and say hi as im now 29+1 so should be here with all you :) how exciting!!

Nicky hi hun, how u keeping?

xxx

IVFx3
TWINS [zx076] [zx076] 7wks prem
Oscar Noha 4lb2 - Tracheal Esophageal Fistula & Esophageal Atresia
Noha Martina 3lb8 - HLHS RIP Princess
My TWIN diary

Thursday, September 15th 2011, 8:53am

Good Morning Ladies!

I hope you are all well and babies are doing fine.

Kel & Nicky - welcome to the third tri - lots of exciting things happen in this section!!

Rallygirl - I don't know how much Tens machines normally cost but I hink £40 sounds very reasonable and I think selling on eBay afterwards is a fabbie idea, or you could also do an NCT sale? I'm planning on selling a load of my stuff when I am done with all this baby malarky! How are you doing otherwise? You feeling ready? xx

Stace - I am still jealous of your mural - when does OH think he will get it finished by? Maybe when baby is, say....3? :snigger: have you had lots of time to practice with your Stokke? i saw someone with one the other day and thought of you. Pram envy oozed out of every pore in my body!! Hope you are taking it easy and resting lots - you don't have long to go!!

Anna - How are you doing? You got into the swing of maternity leave yet? Have you got any more pampering plans over the next couple of weeks? Was thinking about what we suggested last time and definately up for a Christmas or New Year rendevous with babies if you and Stace and anyone else fancies it?

To everyone else - I can't see further back but hope you are all OK!!!

AFM - all is well here. I had a wobble yesterday as my growth scan showed Little Miss was measuring 3 weeks ahead. Do you think the m/w would do a sweep in week 39? They had previously mentioned inducing me early but now they have backtracked on that saying how induction increases the chance of a c-section blaaaaah blaaaaaah. That combined with the fact that I didn't understand the doctor as he had such a heavy accent really made me PEED off yesterday!
However, my mum has just left after 10 lovely days with me - we did lots of shopping and relaxing. It was nice not having to cook for all that time!

My diary

gemmab

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Feb 8th 2008

Children: 2 miracle icsi boys and 2 step kids.

What's Up?
Getting ready for another egg donation!!!

Thursday, September 15th 2011, 9:07am

Sorry I am not in here yet but just wanted to say Daisy my little one always measured ahead and they said he was gonna be over 10lbs and he came out a very skinny
7lb 2ozs so please don't worry too much about it.x

ICSI 1 Apr 08-m/c 9.5.8
FETJul 08-BFN
ICSI 2 Dec 08 (ES) -I'm a mummy Kaynan arrived 19.8.09! :heart:
ICSI 3 Dec 10 (ES) -BFN
FET Mar 11- BFP- M/C ;(
ICSI 4 (ES) -:BFP: 1.7.11 Cobi arrived 09.03.12 [zx160]
Egg donation Aug 2012 BFN for recipient- gutted
Egg donation Dec 2012 Recipient :BFP:
Egg donation 27.05.2013- not great - please pray for the recipient :dust:

Thursday, September 15th 2011, 9:15am

Thank you Gemma - I needed to hear that! It's made me feel a LOT better lurve

My diary

Thursday, September 15th 2011, 9:26am

Morning Ladies

Welcome Nicky and Kel, great to see you guys here. :hi: I think the 3rd tri is the best one!!! You're on the the last stretch!!

Daisy, like Gemma said, i'd try not to worry about LO's size. It seems to be very difficult to predict the size of baby as m/w's often seem to get it slightly off. There's so many ladies who are told they're having a giant and they pop out at a lovely wee size. I take it your mum lives far away from you. Glad you've had her help over the last 10 days and she's let you relax and given you time off from the kitchen. I find making Dh's evening meal a bit of a struggle now. I think it's my bad time of the day and i have so much pressure in my pelvis i get uncomfy standing in the kitchen.

Hope everyone else is doing well. Everyone must be seriously nesting as there's not much happening here at the mo.

AFM - had our last antenatal class last night with the physio and covered positions and breathing so that's it!! I'm as ready as i'll ever be. Picked up the tens machine and i quite like the feel of it so hopefully it'll help in the early stages at least. I'm finding i'm setting a birth plan in my mind now and i know how i want things to go, it's just a case of praying it all goes smoothly when the time comes. Playing the waiting game is the hardest bit now!!!

Take care folks!!! xxx

Reg: Oct 6th 2010

Children: daughter born 2002 & son born 2011

Thursday, September 15th 2011, 9:53am

daisy- with my DD they also told me that she was going to be a very big baby and she came out 7lb12oz and with this one they are saying the same......but im not talking there word for it, i will just wait and see myself xoxo
me-30-fine
dh-34-low count

icsi-jan2011 xfingers :BFP: on 3/3/2011

Thursday, September 15th 2011, 9:56am

Daisy dont worry. I measured ahead and had growth scans telling me he would be a giant and he came out puny and 7.4. Ok 10 days early but still. !! They only really measure by their abdominal circumference and the doctor said Its really unreliable.

Thursday, September 15th 2011, 11:52am

I love you all - Thank you!!!

My diary

Stace

Thursday, September 15th 2011, 12:34pm

Good morning!

Welcome to the 3rd tri Nicky & Kel, we were starting to get a bit thin on the ground with all the new arrivals so nice to have you here :happy: I hope you are both feeling well?

Rallygirl - sounds like you are all set to go and the waiting game is in full swing! My yoga teacher was telling me to not concentrate on my due date yesterday and to have 42 weeks in my head instead, apparently she was late with all 4 of her's :thumbdown: Oh well they will come when they are ready won't they! Sorry I didn't get a chance to say where I hired my TENS from before you bought yours but like you say £40 is very reasonable. Glad you like the sensation, i'm sure it will be helpful in labour. All my friends have said they have been really good for coping for quite a long time so it sounds promising.

Daisy - bless you, i've been there with all the 'ahead' talk and was told my bubba was measuring 34 weeks (4.5lb) at 30 week growth scan! I wouldn't worry yourself at all, its so subjective and based on averages that are bound not to fit everyone. One of my friends measured 6 weeks ahead and was told her baby would be a big'un only for her to be born at 7lb11, the same weight as another friend's little boy who was told she was small for dates!! Just goes to show its nowhere near an exact science from what the others have said below too!! As long as your bubba is ok in there, I would be more inclined to just let nature takes its course. I guess because you had been told previously that you might be induced that you've got that fixed in your mind? You never know, little miss daisy might turn up early anyway!!

AFM, not much to report really. finding it hard to believe I only have 18 days left till d-day!! Really it could happen anytime but i'm still focussing on that to do list so bubba is on strict instructions not to make an appearance until I say so :snigger: I still haven't even packed a hospital bag, I think in the back of my mind I am thinking if its packed i'm bound to go into labour. Stacey logic is a bit messed up sometimes! The mural has come on a little bit more but still not finished, I think it will be more like 4 at this rate daisy. Turns out the bloody chest of drawers that was delivered came half in white and half in pine :scream: Stupid online company told me a replacement would be delivered today but had an email this morning (sent at 5.46am?) saying it won't be here till Tuesday :hairout Guess there is not much I can do about it but wait! Off to visit a couple of friends this afternoon so better get waddling, meant to be there at 1pm and I am still not dressed......this maternity leave business is making me lazy!

Speak later ladies xx

ME 29 PCOS
OH 41 V. LOW [zx151]
TTC 4YRS

MY DIARY

Thursday, September 15th 2011, 4:54pm

Just popping to say am still reading but no home Internet ALl week and my iPhone drives me mad when typing on it, hopefully getting Internet back today, waiting in for the engineer and will write a big fat meaty post ASAP!

Xxx
Anna

Friday, September 16th 2011, 2:50pm

hey Ladies,

I am now back online happydance happydance happydance i have felt so disabled not having any internet at home especially while off work!

big hellos the new ladies in here, Kel & Nicky, we were really really busy in here but a cluster of ladies have now all had their LOs so thin on the ground again, i think me, rally, Stace & Daisy are all within a few weeks of each other as well

Stace - girl you need to get that hospital bag packed! i have been gradually adding to mine on a daily basis, it wil turn into a suitcase soon, stocked up on loads of comfy primark lounge wear and harribos as well, i imagine i will be there for 2-3 days at least so will need some nice comfy easy to get the boobs our of clothes to wear.... that is so annoying with the furniture mix up, has it come yet? Looking forward to seeing more of the mural!

Rally girl – not long for you now, when is your DD? Have you found all of the ante natal courses useful? I quite enjoyed them, also meeting up with the other girls is always nice. None of my group have had theirs yet, everyone seems to be going overdue! I am not nesting but just out and about being very busy, the idea of cleaning cupboards and sorting our drawers doesn’t sound that enjoyable to be honest! How is the baking going? I laughed at your hubby saying you are a feeder….. am also feeling loads of pelvic pressure too, sometimes she feels like she is going to fall out!

Daisy – hope you have found some other fun stuff to keep you occupied now your mum has gone, was she all excited about LO coming so soon? Is she coming down to help at all? Bet you have a fab weekend planned with Mike’s 40th, it is James’s on 18th Oct, don’t think we will be out celebrating though!
Am really glad you have been put at rest with the nice MW did she think the bubba seems too big? I am absolutely positive she won’t be esp with the little weight you have put on , are they going to give you a sweep early do you think?….. your consultant experience sounded awful though I won’t go into our language rant thing again but seriously?!!?!? It’s so frigging bad!

I can’t see any further back, but a big hello to everyone else and to the new mummies, Liz, Shelbie, Lozza, Grace, Alie hope you are all doing really well xx

AFM, well, finished work 2 weeks ago and been really busy with lots of fun stuff, I won’t write too much as will be hogging the thread, I have written a lot in my diary if anyone wants to see what I have been up to, I have my C-section booked in for Oct 3rd which is only 2.5 weeks away, scary and exciting at the same time!!! I have now cancelled quite a lot of stuff I have booked in over the next 2 weeks as getting tube into town every day is a bit knackering and I just want to chill and do some reading and stuff at home, have a lovely massage booked each week though and I will just get friends to come and meet me for lunch close to home I think as opposed to venturing out, still carrying on with my yoga & pilates though as it helps me feel comfortable

Physically feeling ok, back is aching a bit, groin is too, horrid nosebleeds still every day now and have to get some results from hosp tomorrow as in diary, hope they are all ok. I am feeling Molly move all the time, can’t believe we will have a new little person with us so soon who will be ours forever, it is weird though as I will miss having her inside me as now she is all mine, but when she comes out I will have to share all the cuteness of her little movements… although having said that I have had enough of being pregnant and feeling like a hippo so I am sure I won’t miss it for that long! :snigger:

Right, am off to meet NCT ladies for coffee and cake, then will update some more diaries, looking forward to seeing what you have all been up to.... hope you all have lovely weekends and will be checking in a lot more frequently so hope it gets nice and busy in here!

xxxx
Anna

KJ27

Ace

Friday, September 16th 2011, 3:28pm

Hi ladies,
I am back from the centre parks trip.

Just been catching up on all the news, delighted we have 2 more lovely babies, congratulations to Ali and Shelbie, hope we all get a birth like Ali sounds perfect.

Welcome to Kel and Nicky, we are all getting there slowly!! I am 34 weeks and everyone keeps telling me that I am massive and am bound to come early but who knows.

Trip was good, weather was very kind, it was a bit dull that I couldn't join in with anything but hey ho its not forever, had a really bad night Wednesday I thought I had started with contractions but it turned out to be an upset stomach and just stomach cramps, mnost painful though, was a bit scary since I was in the middle of nowhere.

Had a good catch up on all the posts, seems most are getting to the end of work which is good, I still have 4 weeks of work left but I sure it will go fairly quickly.

Anyway best get back to work.

KJ

Friday, September 16th 2011, 7:42pm

Hey Folks

Wow Anna, i'm sorry for being so slow off the mark, i hadn't realised you were all booked in for a section. I'm a bit envious as you know the exact day your wee girl will be here. I bet you get to meet Molly before our Evie decides to make an appearance. My due date is 30th Sept so if she's late you could easily be meeting your wee girl first. I only had three 2hr classes but i think they were all useful and anymore i would just have forgotten everything they told us. As for the baking, i'm trying coc chip muffins for the first time tomorrow. :licklips: Bet you'll be so glad to finally be rid of the nosebleeds. I'm so fed up with the permanent nasal congestion. Although it's not as bad as nosebleeds, i've suffered for 9 months and cant wait to be able to breathe properly again.

KJ, how rude of people saying you're huge, or are you really that big? :snigger: Hope the tummy upset has sorted itself!! One of our m/w's said that your bowels can be a bit upset just before labour starts as it's your body's way of preparing for birth. Kind of like a natural enema!! Lovely eh?I

Stace, 42 WEEKS!!!!!! Noooooooooo! I cant bear the thought of being pregnant for another 4 weeks. Am so fed up now and very impatient to meet our wee girl. Hope the furniture gets sorted out and arrives on time!!! Tried the tens last night and it seems much stronger than the one the physio let us try the other night, I tried it on my arm and my whole hand was twitching away, it was hilarious. Hope it works well!!!

I'm a bit worried that my constantly blocked nose is going to interfere with my breathing during labour. Will have to have a bath and make some steam and use as much nose spray as i need. I know you're supposed to use it sparingly but i figure at this late stage of pregnancy it's not going to do any damage. I've been thinking more and more about having a water birth. I really want to try a pool so if i manage to get a room with a pool, then i guess we'll see how it goes. What will be, will be!!!

Take care ladies. xxx

Saturday, September 17th 2011, 9:33am

Good Morning ladies, and Happy Saturday!!!

Rallygirl - oooh, I am the same as you - had the nasal congestion all the way through, though it seems to be easing now - not long though and you will have got rid of it. I am sure it won't affect you in labour, I think our bodies have a way of dealing with these sorts of things. Aaaaand if I remember rightly, when I have had a cold in the past and [zx084] (ahem!!) it always seemd to CLEAR my nose, so maybe the same thing will apply to you when you are in labour???

KJ - glad you had a good time at Centre Parcs. I like it there, though find all those activities very expensive! At least you saved some money by not being able to take part in everything!! Which one did you go to??

Anna - I don't think my bad experience was anything as bad as yours. Are you sure we didn't see the same man LOL!! I am so glad you managed to get everything sorted though - and at least you know exactly when it will all happen. You can start to get properly excited now! I can't wait to see pics :0) As for us after the birth, no, we want to be left alone for a couple of weeks after the birth but then we have said to all the family they can come and visit. What about you? Are you having any family descend?

Stace - I feel your pain with the wrong items being delivered - it's so frustrating isn't it? You get all excited and then you have to deal with the inconvenience of getting it all sorted - the last thing you want to do when heavily pregnant! thanks for the reassuring words about size - my update is at the bottom. How are you feeling in yourself? And don't feel guilty about getting lazy - that's the point at this stage! before the S*!t hits the fan!!!! xx

AFM - all is well here. We have my DHs 40th birthday celebrations this weekend so in a couple of hours, people will start invading our space! It will be a long day for me but we are amongst close friends so I am sure they won't mind if I need to sneak off for a lie down.
Had a much better appointment on Thursday with the m/w - according to her measurements I was only 37 weeks so that feels al lot better than 38 and a half weeks. She also said she wouldn't sweep early but found blood, protein AND ketones in my urine. She said it could be a UTI or it could be the earliest signs of labour. I am thinking it's a UTI but will find out next week. At least they have caught it early if it is.
Other than that, feeling really well - except for PILES - OMG!!!! But I won't go into THAT!!!!

Hope you are all well

My diary

Stace

Saturday, September 17th 2011, 12:19pm

Good morning!

Welcome back KJ! I hope you are feeling better now and there are no more signs of stomach upset? It does feel a bit unfair when you can't join in certain things doesn't it but like you said its not forever! I have been quite resentful towards my OH at times that he can carry on as normal while I have had to change my whole life......felt very sorry for myself but have got over it a little now :snigger:

Anna - I almost bought a suitcase but then thought about the looks i'd get waltzing into hospital like i was going on a weeks holiday so have opted to have two small bags, one for me in labour and then another one for both of us after birth......the plan for packing is in my head, just haven't carried it out yet. Must say though that haribo's weren't on my list before but they are now :happy: Still no flipping furniture, the pregnancy rage will come out on Monday I think....watch this space! Good on for you keeping up with your massage and yoga, sounds divine! It'll be nice to take some time to yourself as well as i'm sure the influx of visitors after Molly is born will last for a while!

Rallygirl - oh choc chip muffins YUM, you've got my mouth watering again!! Your hubby is one lucky man! Yeah lets not think about the 42 weeks thing, i'm not keen on being pregnant for another 4 weeks either! Might soon be time to start enticing these babies out although apparently there is only one proven thing for it and thats SEX.....well actually its the sperm so maybe we can just ask for a sample to save the effort/embarassment?!? My last attempt at being sexy was far from sexy so it would be even worse this time round at a very round 38 weeks pregnant :snigger: The water birth idea sounds more and more appealing to me too but we only have 1 pool at our hospital so chances are slim! Do you have a few pools? Would your hubby get in with you?

Daisy - Glad that you have been reassured by your midwife now. I was talking with some friends yesterday and we were saying unless there is something clinically wrong with your baby, they should just not worry mums to be about things like size, its really unneccessary! Hopefully the UTI will subside, doesn't sound like its been painful? As for the piles...oh dear, I feel for you!! Thats another conversation I had with my friends yesterday (we are all new mums/mums to be)...one of them had been to the hospital to have them injected, needless to say my bum was firmly clenched when she was telling us about it. The things us women have to go through! I hope they are not too bad and you get some relief from using the over the counter remedies! Have a lovely day celebrating hubby's 40th birthday!

AFM, off out to say happy birthday and farewell to a friend who is moving away this afternoon. She is one of my long time friends, will miss her loads but know we'll keep in touch! Its been a week of social events this one but next week I will calm it down and rest/nest.....I can't believe I have had 3 weeks off work already, I really have relaxed into being on maternity leave and its been bliss! Almost makes me think I could do this more often, if only we had the working bodily functions to make it easy! Oh well must be grateful for what I have! Nothing else to report so off to get showered and dressed!

Catch up again soon xx

ME 29 PCOS
OH 41 V. LOW [zx151]
TTC 4YRS

MY DIARY

Saturday, September 17th 2011, 2:57pm

Hi girls,

I'm still here! Sweep didn't work, alas. Not even a twinge! Midwife rang to see if anything had happened. Now at 5 on Bishop's Scale and 40+5. They were talking about inducing me this Tuesday 20th, but I have decided to wait until round about the Thurs, as Tuesday is only 8 days over. (I say around because I have to wait for a phone call to tell me when they have a space - is a big hospital and sometimes feel like am on a conveyer belt - I actually refused the sweep on my due date and the doc was really peed off with me, but yes, the cervix was really far back, so that was why the internal hurt). Now at 5 on the Bishops Score (a chart they use to see if you are ready for induction/how far along you are. Think they only do it on due date or if you go over). Still 1-2cm dilated, cervix medium (needs to be soft) and not effaced (thinned out) at all. Baby at 3/5s (needs to be at 1/5 - was 2/5ths before, so looks like she went backwards!). Apparantly, to be in a good position for induction to work, I should be at at least 7 or 8 (score is out of 13, I think). Was to have another sweep on Monday, but they cancelled that, as were worried about infection, as would be third internal in a wk, so will get the next one just before the induction. So looks like one way or the other, by next weekend she should be here!! A bit apprehensive if need the induction, but whatever will be will be.
Daisy, I was told baby big too, at 35 wks, but at last scan on due date says 7lbs 11 and then I found out that actually your very first scan is the most accurate. Midwife says baby not big after all. Think they are more concerned if baby seems very small.
Cath x

United Kingdom

Reg: Feb 23rd 2011

Children: 3 from my previous marriage and got sterlilised at 21

Sunday, September 18th 2011, 4:02pm

Hi girls, thought I'd pop in and say hi, I'm 29 weeks tomorrow so I will be moving over :) feels weird being in the final trimester! I feel my pregnancy has gone fast up to now!
I notice a few names from the beginning of our journey :) we have all come
So far! And nearly at the end :)

Hope you are all well xxx
Mary bigkiss

Monday, September 19th 2011, 10:22am

Congrats Mary, you made it to the last tri!!

Cathcat, hopefully something has happened over the weekend so you can avoid being induced this week. Good luck hun!!!

Daisy, hope the weekend celebrations went well. So glad your m/w was able to give you some good news and put your mind at rest. Hope you haven't developed any UTI symptoms over the weekend and i wont mention the PILES!!! Poor you!!! [zx127]

Stace, the muffins were excellent!!! Hope you had a nice birthday celebration with your friend!! I'm always saying goodbye to friends, this RAF life can be tough as folk come and go all the time and every so often i'll meet people i really click with. The one thing is, there's every chance we could be posted to the same place in the future. As for the pool, there's a few rooms with a pool in the midwifery unit at Ninewells so hopefully i'll get in one of them. If not, there are a couple of big corner baths too which might help if no pool available. DH wouldn't get in with me, just need him to be there but not necessarily in the pool with me. Just need things to happen naturally now or the pool will be out the window anyway cos i'll end up in the labour suite if i have to be induced.

AFM, had nice weekend and DH had Thur and fri off work so we went out for lunch twice. We [zx084] yesterday and i thought part of my plug had come away after as had pink mucus (tmi) but there's been nothing more so thinking it was just a bit of irritation cos we haven't done it for ages!!!
Anyway,still drinking the tea, eating the pineapple and we'll try [zx084] again!!! We really want this baby out, can you tell???

Take care lovely ladies.

xxx

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "rallygirl" (Sep 19th 2011, 10:35am)

United Kingdom

Reg: Feb 23rd 2011

Children: 3 from my previous marriage and got sterlilised at 21

Monday, September 19th 2011, 10:45am

Thanks rallygirl, it feels great to be at the last stage now!

Yep I can tell u want the baby out haha! I did all sorts on my last pregnancy, pineapple, hot curries walks, sex and even star jumps lol she did come then lol

11 weeks till my due date, everyone thinks I'm going to have her early but we shall see! I have asked to be induced due to my SPD getting back but I have to wait til my 34 weeks app to see how I am! My braxton hicks are VERY strong so god help labour lol it's been 9 years since I was last in labour lol but tbh I really can't wait! I'm watching birthing programs and keep crying cos I'm so excited! My dh can't wait cos this is his first and only child! He said the other day 'im ready for her now can we have her' haha bless him :)

Hope all bumps and doing well and all that are due good luck :) [zx127] :thumbsup:
Mary bigkiss

6 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

6 guests