You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

foxy

• "foxy" started this thread

Reg: Apr 28th 2006

Saturday, September 16th 2006, 10:07pm

headaches anyone getting this alot?

Hi,
The past two week I have had headaches when I wake up during the night, which get worse I have noticed when I wake or eventually get up out of bed. This weekend they have been stronger so I'm trying to think what's causing this. Hormones, pegesterone, my husband etc. I'm not drinking caffeine just lots of water, blood pressure is fine too.

I just want to wake up and not feel like my head has slept on a piece of wood any more. These headaches normally go during the day but today it has lingered around. I feel this will probably all be normal for 18 weeks preg, just remembered also on a night my heart rate feels as if it is going faster can feel it pounding maybe this is conected to bad head?

I hope this will go maybe I will try the midwife Monday all I have found is information on pre eclampsia but I'm not at 3 trimester for ages? Or to take paracetemol.

Ta Sarah x

JoJo

Ace

Reg: Sep 26th 2005

Sunday, September 17th 2006, 12:06am

Hi Sarah. I had this alot when i was pg and during the second trimester, it did seem to be lots worse without any significant change to BP. I was told it was just hormones and prescribed a low dose of cocodamol which did help but you are also able to take paracetamol during pg. As your 18 weeks pg, you will find that your posture is starting to change so it might be worth changing pillows and possibly sleeping positions. Its worth speaking to your midwife about it. I also heard that your eyesight can change during pg. Im not sure how true this is but might be worth having an eye test?

hope your feeling better soon
Jo
x

Reg: Apr 18th 2006

Children: 5 year old daughter

Sunday, September 17th 2006, 4:17pm

Hi Foxy

I'm also the same, getting loads of headaches. Can't say I notice when I get them, but am getting a lot. Most of the time I just ride them out, when they don't go for ages i take paracetamol, but try not too if I can help it.

xxx
Lisa

:xxx3:

me 39 dh 42
IVF 06
DD arrived Feb 2007 at 37 weeks and 6 days
FET 1 - Nov 12 BFN ;(

MrsG

Reg: Dec 22nd 2005

Sunday, September 17th 2006, 5:13pm

not had any as yet im sure they'll come

:Dttc 3yrs 1 months
1st ivf abbandond Aug 20052nd Ivf E/r 12the dec 05 E/t 14th dec 05
af arrived on31/12 and tested negative..
3rd ivf E/c 31st may E/t 02.06 testing 19th
OMG got a BFP on 19th june at 4.30am

Reg: Oct 6th 2005

Monday, September 18th 2006, 4:19pm

Hi Sarah,

I 've had a few headaches but nothing too unbearable. I've not taken anything for them as yet just try and ride them out. I actually had an awful one last night that started about 7pm and lasted all night. The only way i got rid of it was by going to sleep. This pregnancy business is not as easy as it sounds eh?

Michelle x
Me 33, DP 32
TTC for 3 years.
HSG showed 2 blocked tubes.
Lap and dye August 05 unblocked both tubes. :D Hurrah!!!! :D
Natural BFP 05/06/06

My beautiful baby girl was born 2 weeks early on 3rd February 2007

After many up's and down's we're back and ttc naturally in 2013!

Reg: Feb 13th 2006

Tuesday, September 19th 2006, 12:09pm

Yep I had bad headaches in 1st and they are back for 3rd tri.......not alot you can do, tho increasing Vit B is meant to help...I also used the migraine patches and 4 head. Just got to go with it Im afraid hon!!

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Tuesday, September 19th 2006, 1:09pm

I've had a lot of headaches the last couple of weeks, but only a few belters.

I find Tiger Balm on your temples and even sniffing it makes me feel better as I try not to talk tablets. I think you can get it from health food shops.
LR
Me 32, hypothyroid,
I have 2 beautiful boys 8 & 6, and one beautiful girl
1st ICSI - 15 eggs - Oct 05 - BFN
2nd ICSI - 22 eggs - egg sharer -Feb 2006 - BFN
I'm a single parent.

Reg: Nov 14th 2005

Tuesday, September 19th 2006, 3:24pm

just one of those added pleasures ..... sleep, water, and methol oil and banana's. :D

foxy

• "foxy" started this thread

Reg: Apr 28th 2006

Monday, September 25th 2006, 8:25pm

Hi everyone,
Headaches are improving slightly, I don't think the arguing with husband has helped but they are still there in a morning when I wake up. I have thought about a new pillow but this is a real trial I always seem worse off with everyone I try - don't like em too high. So I will replace old with new similar make I think.

There wasn't a lot the midwife could offer advice for headaches apart from see the doctor who would take blood presseure (this is fine at mo) and tell you to take paracetemol. So just get on with it, how ever not wanting to tell horror stories if anyone has serious head pain always check it out for example I.e. above ears get this checked out friend of my mothers is due soon and was suffering head pain there, she has had a mini stoke down one side of ther face - blimey. Apparently the veins/artery had swelled and blood supply was affected causing a stroke - poor girl, bad luck really feel sorry for her and she doesn't want any pictures taken of her with baby.

This has to be a freak occurance but it made me worry about head pain. But with having my blood pressure checked before sort of made me feel ok. I wondered if there was anything else to watch out for or to do, 20 week scan is next week so I could get checked out then?

Foxy xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Reg: Feb 18th 2011

Sunday, March 13th 2011, 1:52pm

Headaches

Hi, my wife is just over 13 weeks pregnant and has had a stinker of a headache that wont shift for 2 days now.

It kept her awake most of last night and has caused her to be sick 3-4 times. She has spoken to NHS Direct this morning and they've said she's ok to take paracetamol, but if it doesnt clear, go to see her GP tomorrow.

I've seen headaches can be common in pregnancy, but would they normally last this long?

My family have a history of migraines, but she has never suffered with them. I did wonder whether it could he this, but her symptoms arent like I've suffered with.

Any advice would be great thanks

Pootle

Megastar

Reg: Mar 31st 2007

Children: 2 beautiful girls.

Sunday, March 13th 2011, 3:09pm

Hi, congrats on your BFP!

I think you and your wife have probably already had the best advice, from NHSD. Paracetamol, probably some sleep if she's tired, and hopefully it will go. If she's up to it, maybe a gentle walk to get some fresh air.

And if it doesn't shift, phone your GP/midwife in the morning. Or if it gets worse during the day/night then phone your local out of hours service or NHSD again.

x

My family is complete...I am grateful every day

DD1, natural miracle, 2005
DD2, IVF miracle, 2008

Reg: Jun 12th 2009

Monday, March 14th 2011, 2:19pm

I've also been getting a lot of headaches, but only for the last couple of weeks. I've got raised BP but that's being checked weekly at the moment and I told them about the headaches and didn't seem overly concened. Today i've got a stinker of a headache - should I be worried? I've got a GP appointment later but I don't know what to expect - anyone had any experience of this?
Balanced translocation (me), 4 x miscarriages, PDG Jan 10 - BFN (no normal embryos), Aug 10 DE IVF - USA, very cautious BFP :)

Reg: Feb 18th 2011

Monday, March 14th 2011, 3:28pm

I'm glad to say my wife's headache eventually eased after 2 days solid!

She took a parcetamol relunctantly and after a nap, it cleared.

I'd be interested to know what the GP says though incase its something she can expect to come back?

Thanks

Reg: Jun 12th 2009

Monday, March 14th 2011, 3:30pm

Glad your wife's headache has gone :-) I hope she doesn't get any more
:)
Balanced translocation (me), 4 x miscarriages, PDG Jan 10 - BFN (no normal embryos), Aug 10 DE IVF - USA, very cautious BFP :)

JENSQUI

Reg: Feb 26th 2007

Children: one very special daughter

Monday, March 14th 2011, 10:38pm

For what its worth I don't normally suffer with headaches but had terrible ones in the second trimester of my pregnancy. They would last over 24 hours and nothing I tried would shift them. My blood pressure was always fine so I just put it down to hormones in the end. Hopefully your wife won't suffer too badly@

me 38, DP 44, ttc since 2005
BFP May 07 - HB seen @ 8 wks but CRL only 7 weeks, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Jan 08 -m/c @ 11 wks (D&C)
BFP Jun 08 - early loss
BFP Dec 08 - HB & CRL ok @ 8 wks, but sac too small, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Apr 09 - Martha born 9th Jan 2010
BFP Feb 12 - Eliza born 13th Oct 2012

Wednesday, March 16th 2011, 9:17pm

I'm 17 weeks and I too, have been having headaches on and off since I entered the 2nd trimester and especially after about 14/15 weeks. My blood pressure is better than it was before pregnancy and I forgot to mention it to the midwife, but I reckon it is all down to hormones. I also think mine are related to tiredness as I do notice after a longer day or if i've not had a nap they are worse. I'm not taking anything, they are livable, but hope yours ease soon xxx

We have 3 snow babies waiting for us.

Reg: Jul 19th 2009

Children: Our daughter Lola

Tuesday, March 22nd 2011, 1:25pm

I've been having headaches too and nothing will shift them. Not even going to bed and getting up the next morning. I think it's all down to the hormones. I won't take anything though, not even paracetamol so i just have to grin and bear it!!

blowkiss
Me: 26
DH: 43

1st ICSI - November 2010 :BFP: :happy:
Our beautiful baby girl born 24/08/2011, 8lbs.

Reg: Apr 27th 2010

Children: one boy (naturally concived, somehow!!!) One on the way!! yehh

Tuesday, March 22nd 2011, 1:46pm

snap!!! ive had these headaches since ive been preg but def worse in 2nd tri im now 20 weeks!! nothing really helps although the for head stuff is good. i never had one headache with my son at all so wonder if this is a different colour one!! lol different hormones maybe! just an idea

do you all know what your having yet??
TTC 4years for 2nd

ME 27 DH 38 me

DH very low [zx151] 11 counted in total :(

1st ICSI nov 2010 :BFP: 1 [zx076] seen at 8 weeks, 12 weeks, 22 weeks, 32 weeks, 36 weeks

bab21

ICSI diary xx

Tuesday, March 22nd 2011, 1:50pm

No, i don't have my next scan until 18th April, but i'm not finding out!! :)

Reg: Apr 27th 2010

Children: one boy (naturally concived, somehow!!!) One on the way!! yehh

Tuesday, March 22nd 2011, 2:00pm

mines 4th april !!! not long now and i will be finding out this time!! didnt with my 1st but my hubby and son really want to know this time!
TTC 4years for 2nd

ME 27 DH 38 me

DH very low [zx151] 11 counted in total :(

1st ICSI nov 2010 :BFP: 1 [zx076] seen at 8 weeks, 12 weeks, 22 weeks, 32 weeks, 36 weeks

bab21

ICSI diary xx

Tuesday, March 22nd 2011, 8:55pm

Aaah great! My hubby wouldn't mind knowing but as it is his 4th and my 1st, so he says it is up to me! :)

Countdown to our scans, not long to go until yours then!

blowkiss

Reg: Nov 22nd 2007

Children: William and Charlotte

Thursday, March 24th 2011, 11:12am

I've been getting headaches just recently and when I mentioned it to the mw she said it is common up until about 20 weeks when most people find they get easier.

xfingers she is right

IVF #1 2008 :BFP: William born 15/2/09
Our 6 yr TTC journey WAS over
Shocking natural :BFP: Charlotte born 10/9/11
:happy: Our family is now complete :happy:

Thursday, March 24th 2011, 6:17pm

That is my experience exactly I had headaches which usually started in the night and carried on til mid morning right from beginning of pregnancy stopping around 18/19w.
X

JENSQUI

Reg: Feb 26th 2007

Children: one very special daughter

Thursday, March 24th 2011, 7:22pm

Forgot to mention that I found a cold damp flannel rolled up.and placed on my forehead would sometimes releave the headache a little x

me 38, DP 44, ttc since 2005
BFP May 07 - HB seen @ 8 wks but CRL only 7 weeks, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Jan 08 -m/c @ 11 wks (D&C)
BFP Jun 08 - early loss
BFP Dec 08 - HB & CRL ok @ 8 wks, but sac too small, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Apr 09 - Martha born 9th Jan 2010
BFP Feb 12 - Eliza born 13th Oct 2012

Tes67

Reg: Oct 28th 2010

Wednesday, May 25th 2011, 11:45am

Hi

I have just moved onto this part of the site. I am almost 17 weeks and have been experiencing 1-2 migraines a week, once or twice I have been lucky to a bit longer than a week! Dr prescribed Migraleve (useless for me). Just had to go with it, rest, quiet, dark room the usual, bit difficult when at work or doing the school run, etc! But have found a little mild relief of pain with the 4Head stick (safe to use duirng pergnancy) that you rub onto your head in area of pain. It seems to EASE (not get rid of, sorry) the sharp stabbing pain or throbbing for about 20 mins or so. Carry it everywhere now. I have been lucky to go bout 10 days since last one, which was a corker! So hopefully they will start to become few and far between now.

P.S I have suffered with migraines for years, mostly hormonal. Had hoped they would go during pregnancy, but not to be.

Good Luck Txx

Hope this may help anyone who needs or trys it. xfingers xfingers

Reg: Jul 29th 2009

Children: 1 beautiful angel daughter xx

Monday, July 25th 2011, 9:15am

Hey ladies I know this is an old thread but since 12 weeks I've been getting terrible headaches, they normally start as soon as I've woken up from a sleep and continue throughout the day, I hate going for naps now because I know I will get a stinker of a headache! I've been wondering if it's to do with my sinuses as I do also feel a lot of pressure in my face.

I've tried steaming it but it doesn't help and I'm reluctant to take tablets u less it's really bad and I only take one.
Confused.com

7/10/11 Mummy to Freya, born asleep @ 24 wks :tear:

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 2nd 2009

Children: Beautiful Jessica Mae x Holly and Elliot!

Monday, July 25th 2011, 10:18am

Don't be scared of paracetamol and it does work - my midwife, doctor and consultant keep telling me that as long as I only take the dosages on the box AND only for two - three days at a time it is absolutely safe. I tend to take two 500mg when the headache is really awful and it goes away within half an hour. Haven't had one for a while now actually - hope they have gone for good now!
3 X ICSI
Jessica Mae Duffety born sleeping on 9 January 2011 (21+2) - TS and HLHS
Holly and Elliot Duffety born on 16 October 2011 (25+6)
Natural Surprise - Matthew Evan Duffety born sleeping on 11 October 2013 (15+5)

Reg: Jul 29th 2009

Children: 1 beautiful angel daughter xx

Monday, July 25th 2011, 11:38am

Thanks Hayley, I get these headaches on a daily basis and even after taking paracetamol the day before I'm still getting them the next day - I would need tO take them every day! I might give the docs a phone and see what they say x
Confused.com

7/10/11 Mummy to Freya, born asleep @ 24 wks :tear:

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Monday, July 25th 2011, 11:43am

Hiya, I would contact the docs. It could be hormonal changes which is causing the headaches.

Hope you get sorted soon chick. Headaches are not nice.

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE