Unread posts

Chilli

Megastar

• "Chilli" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Saturday, July 16th 2011, 9:52pm

Pruritic Urticarial Papules and Plaques of Pregnancy - PUPPP

I am currently 35 weeks pg and I been suffering with PUPPPS for a week, it all started with .....

small red spots/rash on my belly
itching
waking in the night needing to scratch
when I do scratch it's not satisfying it hurts just itches more

I have been to my GP who hadn't seen it before and he gave me some aqueous type cream, I don't have dry skin so anything I ever use just sits on top and doesn't absorb so it makes me feel even worse at this point I had just a few itchy spots, 2 days later I saw my MW who got another GP in prescribed some streiod cream it did nothing at all at this point but now a week on it does help on the odd cluster of spots.

By the 4th day I was up all night for hours and started to use oates in a muslin cloth a very cool bath, no more drying skin or itching for a few hours bliss plus a natural remedy!

This only lasted a while so I got some tar soap which I use then I use the oates straight after and rinse with cool water, this again lasts for a few hours sometimes I use calamine.

In short everyday is different the best thing so far has been the oates and the tar soap.

I have never been so uncomfortable in my life and now my entire body is covered in blistery rashes, my belly has inch long raised blister type spots I feel dirty and like I am on fire or like I have sun stroke.

Anybody who gets this please treat it asap, go to your GP- buy some oates, don't use perfumed products, no hot showers, pat your skin dry, calamine lotion and pine tar soap if you can find it are meant to be a great help.

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Tuesday, July 19th 2011, 9:36pm

Oh no Chilli.

Bad times.

Hope it eases off sooner rather than later.

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

Chilli

Megastar

• "Chilli" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Saturday, July 23rd 2011, 9:11pm

Flic it's awful but I have been googling and bought a soap online called Grandpas pine tar soap it stinks to high heaven but it works! It took 5 days to get here but only 2 to actually work, my skin is very dry but a day of slimy moisturised skin (bllerrghhh) and no showering seems to of helped.

So anyone finding themselves with this condition order the soap asap use it 2-3 times a day washing off with cool water and make sure you moisturise straight after as it dries out the hives.

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Monday, July 25th 2011, 11:40am

It sounds awful Chilli. Pleased the soap is doing the job though chick.

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!