You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Jan 16th 2011

Children: Our beautiful angel Evie and her new baby sister Isla, our wee rainbow.

Friday, July 22nd 2011, 5:27pm

Snap Elizmac, i'm a paediatric nurse and worked 3 and half years on a neonatal unit and only ever saw babies when something went wrong. I know exactly what you mean when you said you feel as clueless as the next new mum. Oh well, we'll muddle through with everyone else and will probably posting on here at every opportunity asking for advice!! :snigger:
I baked a cake today and it has called to me several times but waiting till after tea. I did give the spoon a serious licking though!!! :O

Rocky, scan and Ball are tomorrow, will let you know how it goes and hopefully get a piccy on here!!

See ya. xxx

Hoping77

Reg: Apr 14th 2009

Children: A son and daughter - our family is complete :)

What's Up?
Absolutely love being a mum of 2 but OMG it is hard work and very tiring! Wouldn't change it for the world though :)

Friday, July 22nd 2011, 5:35pm

Hey Rocky - I'm still here hun and getting very fed up LOL! Thought labour was starting last night as I had braxton hicks twice within an hour (never had that before) and it was the whole bottom of my belly, not just on one side like previous BH. I got up, took some paracetamol and went back to bed and had nothing since, apart froom back ache, but it's at the top behind my boobs - think it's just the weight of my bump straining me now it's dropped rather than back labour. I'm glad you feel reassured about SH. I reason it is probably the safest hospital to be at at the moment with all the security and police there. I can't believe how normal the nurse looks that they have arrested can you? Definitely not like someone who would intentionally kill people. I wonder if they will charge her. I'm gripped to the news about it but I do feel OK about giving birth there. Re a birth plan I haven't done one hun as it would just stress me out if it didn't go to plan. When you see the midwife at your 38 week appointment they ask you what you would like to happen. Well that's what they did at mine and they go through a form to ensure they have discussed everything with you about labour etc xx

Liz - LOL if I eat something sweet or sugary my LO moves more. I try not to eat much of it because of my diabetes but now and then I have a treat. And if I drink milk he seems to get hiccups. I'm gulping milk because of constant heartburn. Hope you have a nice weekend with the parents xx

Mum - you made me crack up about being stuck on the sofa :laugh: I totally understand what you mean. If I lie down I have to get DH to help me up and when I get out of bed I have to roll off it. Getting out of the car is hard work too, I have no energy to pull myself up. Sounds like you're doing all you can to bring on labour early. I tried raspberry tea the other day but didn't like it so not bothered with it since. I reason he will come when he is good and ready xx

Rallygirl - good luck for your scan tomorrow and I hope you have fun at the ball xx

Cathcat - re a nappy bin I have bought tons of nappy sacks and will just pack them in there and depending how smelly they are put them in a bin with a tight lid on until I put them in the wheelie bin, which will be done daily xx

Stace - your braxton hicks in the night sound like how mine were last night and I have never experienced that before even though I am 39+5. I wonder if it means you will deliver early xx

Taxi - LOL to your wind problem. I have wind too hun and always blame it on Nathan LOL! xx

AG - do you live in Norway? Just watching the news about the bomb. Hope it's not near you and you're OK xx

Hello to everyone else.

Well as I said to Rocky I'm still here and getting very fed up now. I thought labour was starting last night but sadly not. I am feeling extremely tired today. I had a siesta before and felt drowsy when I woke up like I could sleep for longer but it will just mean I won't sleep tonight. I have a feeling I will get to Monday and will be induced. I'm booked in at 9:30am and they said they will start me on pessaries and see if that brings labour on and if not then I will go on the drip they use. Then if nothing happens by Tuesday evening and it's progressing slow they will do a c-section nailbite This is all because of my gestational diabetes that they are inducing me a day after my due date as they do not want me to go much past it.

I hope you all have a lovely weekend ladies. Forecast to be a pleasant weekend. Doubt I'll be venturing far from home as dreading my waters breaking in public LOL!

:xxx3:
An almost 4 year old son and a 21 month old daughter :)

Reg: Oct 30th 2010

Friday, July 22nd 2011, 6:27pm

Hi ladies,
Elizmac, I find it funny when I eat chocolate and baby goes wold!! Have fun with the fokes!!
Rocky, woohoo you have finished work!! I wrote my birth plan yesterday, just hope someone reads it when I'm in labour. Have you lots of plans now on mat leave?
Mum82, did you pretend to go into labour? I think it would be quite funny!! Think my dad is scared I'll go into labour with him, haha would be hilarious!! Did you have fun at indoor/outdoor play? I'm on 1 raspberry leaf tea at the at moment.
Rallygirl, good luck with your scan tomorrow. The ball sounds great too!!
Cath, I've just bought 250 nappy sacks from poi slabs!! Far cheaper than the refils for those bins but might change my mind if it becomes smelly in the house.
Stace, 5 weeks will fly. I've had lots of bh don't know if it implies early labour.
Taxihome, dh tells me off if I say "that's baby not me" thinks I'll do it when lo comes along!! I wonder why one gets more wind?
Afm. Last scan today, very slightly lower than 10th centile, they want to induce me on my due date if I've not already had it. They said I'm engaged and think I'll probably be early!!! We have been told we can move a week on Monday. Not ideal but at least I have a date!!! Still need to finish packing my hospital bag. I think I'll catch up with everyone next week then spend the rest if my time pre labour sorting the house!!! Think I will book a waxing very soon!! It's a little crazy down there now, not that I can see it!! :snigger: :snigger:
Xxx
Adreamz :xxx3:

Reg: Apr 27th 2010

Children: one boy (naturally concived, somehow!!!) One on the way!! yehh

Friday, July 22nd 2011, 7:39pm

adreamz i waited till we got home and just stood there looking worried with my hands nearmy bits lol she started panicing and saying oh my god your waters have gone!!?? i couldnt not laugh tho so only scared her for a moment!! hehe yer waxing sounds good i cant see a thing down there anymore so funny trying to tidy it up!!

hoping yer i think my LO will come when she is good and ready too think she is going to be stubbon like her mum and not come early hehe. its hard when u thinkits all started and comes to nothing isnt it?? think thats why i want her out got my hopes up the other day thought it was it then nothing!!! im thinking maybe i will go out in public lots and maybe she wants her mum to look stupid and wet in public lol

rocky my LO is 5years and i think he is actually going to be a big help!! he is a very caring little thing and sooooo excited about having a sister! and to be far its so long ago i had him i feel like ive forgotten what im doing!!! i think some midwifes do it with you! and probably more with your 1st.

elizmac im also soooooo impateint and midwife telling me head was very far down and could be any day did not help!!! how did yor cakes go down? and did your family think you had grown much??

AFM we had a great day at play centre apart from a seagul stealing my cake!! lol and still no sign of my LO arriving! going to take the dog for a walk later and have a busy weekend so maybe she will wait till after then to arrive xxxxxx
TTC 4years for 2nd

ME 27 DH 38 me

DH very low [zx151] 11 counted in total :(

1st ICSI nov 2010 :BFP: 1 [zx076] seen at 8 weeks, 12 weeks, 22 weeks, 32 weeks, 36 weeks

bab21

ICSI diary xx

Friday, July 22nd 2011, 10:01pm

Hoping - I know - it is sooo awful about the bomb - my heart goes out to those who have lost loved ones. Considering it was such a massive bomb it could have been a lot, lot worse. A very sad day for Norway, which is one of the safest places I have ever been. They really are very peaceful as people and as a society as a whole – if you aren’t safe in Norway – you seriously are not safe anywhere. Very sad and I do sometimes just wonder what this world is coming too. Oslo is on the other side of Norway to me - I live on the West Coast. Have got everything crossed for you that you go naturally this weekend and don't need induced on Monday. Eat pineapple, a spicy curry, go for a big walk and have hot sex - see if that sets you off!

Rallygirl - your baking sounds just divine! Yum! I'm away to make rocky road brownies for my friends hen tomorrow - hope they come out good! The ball sound fab - have a great time! I have got a pair of flat jewelled sandles from Next to wear with my 1920’s outfit tomorrow night.

Rocky - pleased you made it to your last day of work - you must be delighted! I am going to try using reusable nappies too, so have bought some, but not loads and if it doesn't work out then I won't feel like i've splashed out too much dosh - still expensive though, but i just really want to try it. Will use disposables to being with, so still picked up my free bin from the baby store. To be honest i've had a very negative response in general when telling people about using cloth nappies and I feel like i've got to really justify my choice. Getting a bit miffed about it all to be honest!! People on here are great and very accepting of whatever people decide to do, its my personal friends that are being the problem. I don't ask my friends in extensive detail why they decide to use disposables and I feel put in an awkward position because I feel that if I am critical about disposables that they think I’m being judgemental of them. Rant over! Anyway, just wanted to say – don’t be put off by people saying it will be so much more work - decide for yourself whether you want to use them and don't be put off my other people's comments. I am going to try it and if it doesn't work out then i'll stop, but I am hopeful it will all go well. I went for the all in one - sized nappies, although have a couple that do from birth to toddler too. I ordered from cheeks and cherries, excellent service. My favourites as the itty bitty ones I have to say. They are a great size and lovely colours. You don't need an additional wrap with any that I have ordered - the nappy is ready to go. If you want any more info then PM me and I’ll send you some details.

Liz - have a great weekend with your family.

Mum82 – I seriously don’t think you are doing to be long – I predict a baby by the end of the weekend! Lovely age gap with your little boy – he’ll be such a good help and will be going to school, so you’ll have lots of time just for you and baby too.

Adreamz – I’m scared to try raspberry leaf until my DH has finished his last offshore trip before the baby comes!

Can’t get far enough back, but everyone else that I have missed is doing ok.

AFM – Totally shocked at the Oslo bombing. Very, very sad day for Norway today.

Been busy getting the hen day organised, but all in order now, so ready to go. Got my 1920’s outfit sorted. Wasn’t sure what to wear as nothing fits me, but found a lovely dress and quite happy with it. Flat shoes all the way though! We have a great day planned for my friend, so hope it goes really well. Been making mini quiche to take along and have rocky road brownies in the oven as we speak - hopefully DH can keep away from them long enough, so I can take them with me! Apart from that a lovely weekend with DH as he is waiting to go offshore on his last trip. He'll go until Aug 3rd whenever he leaves and then that will be him home until the middle of September as he swapped some weeks and had his month off as well. Soooo glad he will be home and I won't have to worry about him being here and not going to start any raspberry leaf etc until he is back on dry land and i'm 37 weeks!

11 of us went to see Bridesmaids last night – it was really funny and lovely to see with all the girls and then we went for hot chocolate afterwards, so a lovely night.

Got a good nights sleep last night, but DH didn’t for my snoring!! He was such a sweetie and didn’t want to go and sleep in the spare room as loves to cuddle up (and so do I!) so he had to wake me eventually! I managed to wake him from his sleep it was so loud – they say the hormones can make this worse! Still got a good nights sleep, or better than normal, so was feeling a bit more bright and breezy today.

Getting bigger by the day, but am all bump mostly and go straight out. People just stare at my bump as they walk past! I am quite small in height too, so it probably looks like it is taking over! DH and I are still discussing girls names and I think we are getting nearer to the right name, but time will tell. Hope you are all having great weekends and that everyone is doing well xxx

Reg: Nov 29th 2010

Saturday, July 23rd 2011, 6:45pm

Hi all,

AG - thanks for the moral support. Think I will buy a few reusables and see how I get on. I know I'll use disposables at first for convenience - and because the sticky black poos will stain the nappies - but then I would like to try the reusables and just keep the disposables for trips out. Think I may do a mixture depending on circumstances. I know what you mean about getting bigger by the day as well - I seem to be massive all of a sudden! Enjoy your hen day xx

Mum - sounds like your 5 year old will be god to have around. Must say I feel reassured that you feel like you've forgot stuff. I'm sure it will all come back to you quickly though xx

Adreamz - brilliant that you finally have a moving date so you can get all organised now. At least you have a good excuse for not having your hospital bag finished yet - I must do mine this weekend cos you never know!! I must also sort out my bikini line - it's like a jungle...not looking forward to it though. Did you have IVF? Just wondering how accurate our due dates are and who will get there first xx

Hoping - not long now. I can't imagine how your feeling - I still have over 3 weeksto go and am desperate for it to be out now as I'm so uncomfortable so I guess it will only get worse. I have carpal tunnel in my hands now. It's like I keep thinking that I've reached the worst bit and then something else goes wrong with me and makes me even more uncomfortable. I've gotta laugh at myself though to keep myself sane. The nurse from SH has been charged and has been inmagistrates court today - I'm sure you know this. I'll be interested to know what her reason for doing it was - do you think she's just mental? Anyway I can't wait to hear all about your labour next week so do update us as soon as you can after the big event. I'm going to finally do a tour of SH next week so I can see the birthing pools and labour ward etc xx

Elizmac - I never thought about you seeing the bad bits of childbirth. I suppose that must be quite scary. Are you a GP in a surgery or do you work in a hospital then? I always wonder how my doctor gets through the day listening to everyones problems and moaning - seems a bit lonely in a way just speaking to patients that you don't really know all day. Having said that...it's a bit like that teaching as some days I only speak to children all day and that can drive you round the bend!

Rallygirl - hope you enjoy your ball - on the correct day this time xx

AFM.....uncomfortable!!! Glad to have finished work. Still stressed though as I have a lot to sort out now. Is anyone planning on using a TENS during labour and if so, are you renting or buying and which one? Again (like pushchaires) there is too much choice and I'm not sure whether to try one or not or which one. All I know is that you need one with four pads.

Hi to anyone I've missed - hope you're alldoing well xx

Hoping77

What's Up?
Absolutely love being a mum of 2 but OMG it is hard work and very tiring! Wouldn't change it for the world though :)

Sunday, July 24th 2011, 6:47pm

Hello ladies :hi:

I hope you have all had a lovely weekend, despite all the sad and depressing news at the moment. So sad what has happened in Oslo, those poor innocent victims. and then I hear about Amy Winehouse, such a waste of a talent. Any death saddens me, whether it's murder or self inflicted. Rocky - can't believe that nurse has been charged, she just looks like a normal girl. Just goes to show you can't judge a book by it's cover. I too want to hear why she did it.

Anyway, on a happier note - today is my due date and so far my little boy is quite happy where he is. The sweep I had on Tuesday doesn't seem to have done much. Had the occasional twinge and braxton hick but nothing to get excited about.

So tomorrow is D day!!! I have to go to hospital at 9:30am and will be induced. It's either going to be a nice quick labour :pray: or a long painful one! I'm feeling very excited but also nervous as I just want to ensure he arrives safely and is healthy. My bags are all packed (which I have checked several times), the house is clean, I've had a long soak in the bath and shaved my legs, underarms and lady bits and even put on a bit of tanning cream so I don't look pasty in the photos LOL! I'll have a shower in the morning too just so I'm super clean! We put the car seat in DH's car and also the sun shades as forecast to be sunny the next few days. So I guess you could say I'm as prepared as I can be.

Can't believe we will finally get to meet our long awaited for child in the next couple of days. I have waited for this for what feels like a lifetime. TTC is such a long hard journey when you have fertility problems. I can't wait to see DH's face when our son is handed to him. I know he will cry. It will be best feeling in the world and I can't wait.

Please keep everything crossed for me ladies. Sorry for no personals but DH has just made a lovely tea - our last proper meal as a family of two smile2

I will post as soon as I can to update you all.

Stace

Reg: Jun 24th 2010

Children: One beautiful son thanks to IVF!

Sunday, July 24th 2011, 7:19pm

Awwww Hoping,

Your message was lovely and makes me feel super excited for you!! I wish you a straight forward labour and a safe delivery of your little man and I look forward to hearing the stork news when you get a chance to hop back on!!

Take care hun blowkiss

ME 29 PCOS
OH 41 V. LOW [zx151]
TTC 4YRS
1st ICSI CYCLE STARTED 03/11/2010
28/01/2011 :BFP:
[zx076] seen at 7w1 and 11w3 :happy:
MY LITTLE MAN JONAH IS HERE lurve

MY DIARY

Reg: Dec 6th 2010

Sunday, July 24th 2011, 7:22pm

Good luck hoping!!!! Fingers crossed, legs not so for a safe and easy labour!!

Children: Our beautiful angel Evie and her new baby sister Isla, our wee rainbow.

Sunday, July 24th 2011, 7:30pm

Soooo exciting Hoping. Wishing you all the very best for the safe arrival of your wee boy. Cant wait to hear your news!!!

Just a quckie tonight folks as i'm knackered. Will catch up with you properly tomorrow.

Had a fab time at the ball last night. I ate for Scotland and managed to stay up till midnight. Also, scan went really well in the morning and we finally got a decent look at our wee girl. She's got fab chubby cheeks already. Pics aren't that clear as she still likes to always have hands in front of her face and put her head right up against my uterus wall which distorts the pics a bit, she also kept pulling loads of faces, it was so cute.

Here's a piccy if you can make it out!!

Take care xxx
rallygirl has attached the following file:
  • SB30_4.JPG (62.51 kB - 11 times downloaded - latest: Jul 28th 2011, 11:41am)

taxihome

United Kingdom

Sunday, July 24th 2011, 7:47pm

Just a quickie from me.

Hoping - good luck for tomorrow and enjoy your Darling Son.

Rally - great piccie. She loves the feel of her face eh.

Have a great week alll. I shall be back to post on Tues after my growth scan.

Xxxxxxx

[zx071]
2 x man boys -MC,Ectopic IVF x 4 Natural BFP/Born sleeping 22/WksRIP LO
Jan/11:ICSI:BFP: bab21 [zx115] Our dream has finally come true
MY DIARY

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "taxihome" (Jul 24th 2011, 8:02pm)

Sunday, July 24th 2011, 8:23pm

Just a quick one to say Good Luck Hoping!! Can't wait to hear your news. You'll be fine and we'll all be thinking of you xxxx

Sunday, July 24th 2011, 8:54pm

just a quick one to say good luck hoping xxxx

and rallygirl how cute is that pic xxxx
TTC 4years for 2nd

ME 27 DH 38 me

1st ICSI nov 2010 :BFP: 1 [zx076] seen at 8 weeks, 12 weeks, 22 weeks, 32 weeks, 36 weeks

bab21

ICSI diary xx

Reg: Oct 19th 2009

Sunday, July 24th 2011, 9:07pm

hey ladies Just a quick one to wish Hoping the best of luck for tomorrow, your post was so lovely and made me well up for you both, hope you have a lovely evening just the two of you.

Will be looking out for news in the next few days and really hope it is very quick and easy,

Am knackered as been away for weekend but will do lots of personals later this week

Love to all ladies and bumps

Xxx
Anna
2nd ICIS Jan 2011 :BFP:

Reg: Feb 3rd 2011

Children: One beautiful daughter -born Oct '11

Sunday, July 24th 2011, 9:21pm

Hoping - all the very best for tomorrow - wow, in just a few short hours you will be a MUMMY!!!! :goodluck:

5 - yes FIVE angels baby5 All early losses due to elevated NK cells.

1st IVF january 2011 resulted in our beautiful daughter born Oct 2011 bab10

My diary

Reg: Jul 15th 2009

Children: one perfect little girl

Sunday, July 24th 2011, 9:25pm

hi ladies.
Hope your all well
just another quickie in here to wish Hoping the best of luck for tomorrow.
Your post made me all emotional, it made me want to go through it all again....lol.
Enjoy every minute of your precious son, i'm so excited for you. I bet u don't sleep a wink tonight with excitement...lol.
I'll be thinking of u tom hun, take care xxx

1st ICSI :BFN: ;(
2nd ICSI :BFP: happydance

alie

Star

Reg: Oct 14th 2007

Children: Alfred born 10.12.2008 Florence born 21.10.2011

Sunday, July 24th 2011, 9:35pm

HI ladies,

Hoping all the best for tomorrow

Rally lovely piccie of your LO

So many of you getting ready to deliver its very exciting

Well it took me reading this site to find out Amy Winehouse had passed away - I know I'm busy but gosh.

AFM Had a busy week last week with DH working 4 15hr shifts (incl travel) and DS having a stinking cold - so waking every night!!!! Had my 28week M/W appt on Thursday and all appears to be well. We have had a lovely weekend went to a picnic in Regents park for a leaving do yesterday, fortunatley weather stayed nice BUT made me realise I carn't travel into central London on my own pregnant with DS esp as he wont sit in his pushchair. Went to IKEA today for lunch for DH's birthday treat :snigger: , we bought DS a poang childrens chair as we are redoing his room now he is nearly 3 - new beds, bookshelves, chairs etc. New LO will be in with us for a while until we move back up north next yr.

Hope you all have a fabulous week XXX

Me 42, DH 43
Nat Pg - m/m 05
unexplained infertility
4xIUI BFN, 1st IVF Oct 07 BFN
1st FET Feb 08 BFP

2nd FET Jan 11 BFP

Reg: Dec 11th 2009

Children: One gorgeous little dude Harrison born 15/08/11

Sunday, July 24th 2011, 10:48pm

Hey ladies,

Just a v quick post to say good luck for tomorrow Hoping!!!! So excited for you and your DH! Not long until you finally meet wee Nathan! Thinking of you lots and I hope the labour is as quick and pain free as possible!

Much love xxxxx

ME 35, DH 34
Nat BFP 2003 m/c at 9weeks.
TTC - 5years
3 x IUI - BFN
1 x IVF October 2010

Mummy to a gorgeous wee boy Harrison born 15/08/11

Monday, July 25th 2011, 8:54am

Morning ladies, well another weekend has pssed and we are all one step closer to becoming a mother :happy:
Alie, I loved the 28 week appointment because you are checked every 2 weeks from now on and they just fly by!!! Sounds like you had a nice weekend.
Booboo, I love your photo so so cute. Many many congratulations,. I hope you are now fully (well as much as you can be) recovered.
Rallygoirl, I'm glad the ball went well and that scan photo is great!!
Hoping, good luck with your induction in 45 minutes. I'm hoping that you have a short labour and you get ot meet nathan today. Your message made me cry, you are so right, fertility problems makes this whole process even more amazing and I don't think anyone who has not undergone fertility problems will ever understand how hard it really is (I'm even blubbering writing this!!). Can't wait to hear your news.
Rocky, I had clomid treatment and therefor I had my follicles tracked during conception. They dated me th 20th Aug but the 12 week scan dated me 16th that is why I am not too concerned about the sizing as if I move it 4 days then baby is perfect. The only problem is if they want to induce me on my due date because I don't think that is the real date!!! Did you pack your bag this weekend? I am just waiting for a few things from boots which are comong tomorrow then its all done. My sister bought the Elle tens machine from boots (costs £26.99 I think) which is what I going to use. I'm not sure how muich it costs to hire though.
Amazing grace, I felt the same about Raspberry leaf tea, as Ideally I want to move house before baby comes, but I think it takes some time to get into your system so i had 1 every day last week and will up it to 2 this week (if I find the time to have it!!)
Mum82, that is hillarious what you did. I went out for lunch and baby was digging me so I put my hand down to my tummy and someone said 'your not going into labour are you' people are so scared it will happen in front of them (if only it were that simple!!).

AFM, got a bit stresssed yesterday. Went to see the house on sat to measure radiators and realised that decorating is not going to be a quick job that I can do if we want to do it properly. i.e there are lights that need moving and DH hates the bumpy wall paper on the ceiling, but these are things that will take ages to do!! Oh well we will find out on wed if probabte comes through and then pack pack pack (well we are nearly done anyway but just take down a few more curtains and do the bedroom and kitchen!!
My sister has informed me my nephew now has chicken pox. Developed on friday and I left him tuesday evening. Will call my MW today and see what she has to say (probably nothing!!).
No more news. I've now nicknames baby wiggly woo because it is a right mover in there!!!

Have a good day ladies.

Monday, July 25th 2011, 3:42pm

Aww Hoping - your post brought tears to the eye. Thinking of you very much today - what a special, special day. Looking forward to hearing from you again!

Rallygirl - just beautiful!! What a little darling! So pleased you had a ball at the ball too!

Adreamz - everything will be just perfect whatever state the house is in and you'll get it all sorted in time. I think the nesting instinct can be so strong that we just want everything to be perfect and when your baby arrives it really will.

AFM - All well with baby and I. Had friends and their kids round here for a lovely lunch today, which was great. One of them is over from Aberdeen and so it was really nice to catch up - been seeing her a lot though and will see her again before she goes.

We decided to postpone the henny on Saturday due to everything going on here in Norway. It is just horrific, nothing more can be said about it. Really, really upsetting. Might seem a bit over the top to cancel the henny, but it just didn't seem respectful for us to be having a wild night given what had just happened. Even my friend who is from NI and grew up with The Troubles agreed that this is very different - Norway hasn't known any violence like this since WW2. Things will change here for sure - security is very low because up until now it has been able to be. At the moment you could walk up to the King and Queens palace door and probably knock on it and their residence here in Bergen is where we BBQ a lot in the gardens. Anyway - the henny - the fact that we are all english speakers might have made it look like we didn't care what has happened if we had been partying big time, when we really, really do. There is such a weird atmopshere here, even though we are far away from where the incidents happened. Two of the girls missing are from our local area, everyone seems to know of someone who has been affected. Norway has got to be the most peaceful, placid, most fair place on earth and although, no-one deserves this to happen to them, Norwegians REALLY don't. Just shocking - we are going to an outdoor lantern lit memorial service tonight in town. Think i'm going to find it incredibly emotional, even though I am not Norwegian. We have lived here for 5 years and the place and people are very close to our hearts.

Anyway, enough sad stuff for one day! Hope the rest of you are doing great. Always thinking of you all and your beautiful babies. xxxx

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Amazing Grace" (Jul 25th 2011, 3:43pm)

Monday, July 25th 2011, 4:12pm

Hi Ladies

AG, it is awful what has happened in Norway, dont blame you for cancelling the hen do. I've skiied in Norway (many years ago) and loved the place. I think we have some Norwegian blood in our family tree so i felt an affinity to the place!! Glad you and LO are doing well.

xfingers Adreamz, everything is going to fall into place with the house now. Hope the move goes smoothly with as little stress as possible for you. [zx127]

Alie, dont think i'd fancy travelling in central London pg and with a 3yr old. People dont readily give up their seats on the tube do they? I lived in London for a couple of years and noticed it. Where are you moving to next year??

Hey everyone else, hope you're all well.

AFM, nothing much to report really. Just plodding on getting very little sleep at night but at least i can have a snooze in the day if i need it. We def have a little madam on our hands, she wont let me sleep on either side so my only option is on my back, propped right up. Luckily i've got a quiet week this week, just meeting up with local ladies for coffee which is nice,there's several of us expecting babies over the next few months so it's quite a nice wee support network.

Take care folks!!!

xxx

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 1st 2010

Children: 1st ICSI - Perfect baby boy born 2011, 2nd ICSI - BFN

Monday, July 25th 2011, 6:16pm

Good luck Hoping, exciting stuff!

Cant wait to hear everyones news, keep checking the birth announcements for new arrivals!!

Good luck all xx

Monday, July 25th 2011, 6:29pm

Amazing grace, that is so sad, must be a horrible vibe over there. have you rearranged the henny? You had put so much effort into it too!! Hope your not too sad.

Rallygirl, does she really keep you awake with movement? I worry that I am too heavy a sleeper because when my LO moves she is a right mover but she never wakes me from sleep!! (I say she but it could be he!!)

Shelly I can't believe Ollie is 1 month old already!!

AFM: been out for lunch with a friend and her 10 month old, it was really lovely. Lots of baby talk! Went to buy DH's birthday present which I have researched hard and knew I wanted it from John Lewis and they are out of stock. I'm now ringing around all the stores to see if any of them have 1 left!!! Grrrr, nothing seems to be going smoothly for me, I hope this doesn't mean I'll have a terrible labour!

I have booked myself in for a clarins mum-to-be massage on wednesday as a friend had bought me a head, neck and choulder massage for my 30th but I'm not allowed this as you have to lie on your tummy so I have paid the difference for the upgrade. Think I need some destressing (would be good if the probabte came through before hand too!!) trying to have a chilled week meeting up with lots of people but have to admit I am getting quite tired in the afternoons. I plod on through it as usually I am not able to get myself a catnap, but i may have to start slowing down soon!!

Anyway, I hope that everyone else is OK.

Monday, July 25th 2011, 7:30pm

Adreamz - We are having the henny a week on Friday and are planning it bigger and better, so all good there! Just back from a memorial in town - thousands of people were there and it was really touching. The main message was about meeting with light and love together, when one person has caused such darkness. Your massage sounds FAB! Think I need something like that before our little ones comes - i'm starting to think more about having to push this little one out - 4 weeks to go almost!

Rallygirl - I've been the same with the sleeping and sometimes end up propping up a million pillows and sleeping like that! I am snoozing constantly during the day or having long lies depending on how much sleep I get - so the same as you! Pleased that I can. How long do you have left? xxx

Tuesday, July 26th 2011, 6:57am

Woohoo, I have made it to 37 weeks which means if baby makes an appearance then its classed as full term :thumbsup:
I'm ready to meet it now, even if we haven't moved, I know we would manage somehow!!!
Mind you I'm up early again today which suggests that I'm stressed out. So much to get done every day!! Should be putting the last of my bits in the bag today and then i'm truely ready!!

Amazing grace, the memorial sounds lovely, its great when everyone gets together and shows support, just a shame that horrible things have to happen in the first place!! Have fun on friday.

Morning to everyone else, hope you all have a nice day. I wonder how hoping is getting on!!

Tuesday, July 26th 2011, 9:38am

Wow that is a great milestone to reach - 37 weeks - and i'm just a week behind you! I didn't realise that they classed that as full-term after that stage! Fab news - now just to wait for your lovely little one to arrive. xxx

taxihome

United Kingdom

Tuesday, July 26th 2011, 1:44pm

:hi:
AG - It must be so sad where you are and my thoughts are with all the families of those killed. :tears:
Enjoy your "hennie" hon [zx163] [zx015] [zx003]

Allie - you sound so busy :hairout and I hope DH's. shifts calm down soon.

Adreamz - love the nickname. [zx016] Well done on getting to 37 weeks :weehee:

Rally - nice to meet up with local ladies. I wish i had a fellow PG mate i could share coffee with here :coffee:

AFM - Just had my growth scan and all is well. starsmile Apparently mimi has a small head :weehee: (we were worried she would take after daddy and have a huge head) Mimi also has long legs and weighs around 3lb. :party: She was shy again and didnt want to show her face. We eventualy got to see her as she sucked her thumb. So cute. We feel so blessed every time we get to see her and now It is a matter of waiting to see her when she is born. That little curly girly of ours is going to have hundreds and thousands of kisses. blowkiss blowkiss blowkiss

Have a great week laydeeeeez starsmile
:bye: :bye:

[zx071]
MY DIARY

Tuesday, July 26th 2011, 6:25pm

Good evening ladies
Wow - this chat moves QUICKLY!!!

Taxi - that is GREAT news about your scan. And even better news that she has a small head :pout Will you be having any more scans??

Adreamz - well done on making it to full term! i bet you are getting excited now - you are well prepared by the sounds of it. How will you fill your last few weeks? You massage sounds lovely - I have one on Thursday too

Amazing Grace - The thinngs that have happened in Norway have just shocked the world, such a terrible tragedy. You did the right thing by postponing the hen night - but the bigger and better improved night sound like it will be a blast - enjoy!

I can't see any further back - has anyone heard from Hoping? Hope the rest of you are OK.

AFM - I had my GTT today. It was fine - I have a stinking cold so couldn't taste the drink. It was the waiting around and the hunger that got to me!! But it all came back OK, I am so relieved. So tomorrow is my growth scan and consultant appointment. Hopefully that will be ok too. I tried to measure my uterus yesterday and it measured just right so hoping the scan will reflect the same. Other than that - nothing else to report. I have my spa day ont Thurday - will have a massage, pedicure and facial. I can't wait!!

My diary

Tuesday, July 26th 2011, 7:39pm

hi all

daisy hope all goes well at your scan tomorrow hun xxx

taxi home scan sounds good hun do you have aother before she arrives?? i had two growth scans ohhhh and did you ask if they could estimate what baby will be when born??

adreams 37 weeks well done!! ur a week behind me! could be anyday now then!

AFM im now 38 weeks and still having contractions on and off which is annoyin me now wish she would make her mind when she is coming out?! i have consultant appointment tomorrow to talk about inducing me?!? although im still not sure why? i really dont want to be induced would much rather it all happen naturally! not feeling great today bit sicky again which is not nice and am just HUGE now. am getting more excied everyday but also much more impatient i go back to childminding in 3 weeks and LO is due in 2 weeks!! hence why i was hoping she would be early so i could have some time with her before going back to work BUT seems like she likes it in there!! well off to see yogi bear at cinema with my son tomorrow maybe she will come out then!! hahaha

take care everyone xx
TTC 4years for 2nd

ME 27 DH 38 me

bab21

ICSI diary xx

Tuesday, July 26th 2011, 7:42pm

Mum82, I'm not sure why they want to induce people so early, surely they should wait till you are 40 weeks before they even mention it. I've changed hospital so when I speak to the consultant I'm going to tell them I dont want to be induced unless its a really required
Daisy, well done on the GTT fingerscrossed for your growth scan. Is this the first scan since 20 weeks? Wow you are really have a pamper session on thursday, could do with getting my nails done too!! i booked a neck shoulder and back massage but was told that I couldn't have that in preganncy so check that yours is ok. Ive now got a mums to be one 88) we are hoping to move next tuesday so that will keep me entertained till baby comes along!!!
Taxihome, your LO sounds so cute being camera shy!! A small head is always good for natural labour. My friend has married into a family where the women have to have c-sections because the babies heads are too big!!!
Amazing grace, I certainly am waiting for wiggly woo to arrive, I keep hoping thta every BH turns into a contraction!!!
AFM, really need to think about resting a little more. was up at 6 because I couldn't sleep, went shopping, then to DH's grandmas then out for coffee with friends, came home to cook and now I'm here!!! I could have an early night but Im worried that I will wake early again!!
I wonder how hoping is getting on.
Hi to everyone else.

Tuesday, July 26th 2011, 8:33pm

Hey Everyone,

Grace - can't even imagine what it is like in Norway right now, i bet the whole country is pulling together though, hope the hen do is even better when you do have it, i agree postponing it is the best option, hope you are ok and bump is blooming!

Rally - lovely you have a group of mum's to be, not so lovely you can't sleep, i get kicked and poked in both sides as well but can settle on my left, hope you are able to catch up on it soon

ADreamz - big congrats on making it to 37 weeks! i know what you mean about waking early, it is annoying isn't it, we kind of should be having lots of lie ins before LO arrival to bank all the sleep!

Mum82 - wow - contractions on and off sound exciting, i wonder when you will go into labout, do you think it will happen earlier than your due date? am not sure why you would be induced either, i thought that only happened after the due date?

Daisy -brilliant news about your GTT test, i thought it would be ok, you seem to be eating very well! sorry about your cold and good luck for your scan tomorrow, is it an NHS one? i have my next at 35 weeks, seems ages away now! enioy your pampering

Taxi - awwww, Mimi sounds so cute! was this one a private scan? am happy there is no moonface going on :snigger:

hello to Stace and everyone else i have missed but i can't see further back, hope Hoping is ok and we hear some news soon, exciting!

AFM - all good here, not much to report, had a lovely pampering weekend in a spa with my best friend, and a busy week as normal, bump seems to be getting bigger day by day, ooh nursery has now all been finished and lovely furniture built, it looks so good, will put my pics on facebook when finished as i can never upload on here for some reason. Getting loads of movement, still feeling quite full up though and get breathless frequently, does anyone else have this?

just got back from pregnancy pilates and have my first NCT class on Thurs, wonder what we will learn!

lots of love to all and your bumps
xx
Anna

Tuesday, July 26th 2011, 9:47pm

Hi all
Can hardly keep up with what's going on!
Will have a proper read through later, last day at work tomorrow, woo hoo. Ready to finish now, running about all day from 8-6 is killing me, feeling very fat and uncomfortable, bump is really hard! Still getting loads of random bh contractions too..
Have scan and hosp appt thurs to see if placenta has moved and to see if kidney stone has gone!

Will be nice to know whether I will need a section or not, and can just try and relax a bit then, looking forward to some long lie ins as really. Ot sleeping v well, honestly wonder how on earth I am going to be in another 6 weeks! What a thought. Currently lying on our bit fatboy bean bag, very comfy, may even take to snoozing on it at night.

Have antenatal breast feeding class and antenatal yoga planned for next week so determined not to just slob out on sofa! Need to not be enormous post birth, just had Internet shopping boden splurge and maybe stupidly ordered some size 12 clothes, my pre baby size, will see if can ever get in them!,

Anyway have a good night all, will catch up with you all properly soon,

Liz

Wednesday, July 27th 2011, 9:50am

Morning Ladies

Hi Elizmac, hope the app goes ok tomorrow and that stone isn't bothering you. You must be so glad to finish work today. I was chatting to some mums yesterday and they all said to me to get my feet up as much as poss just now. Like you, i dont want to have a massive battle to shift the baby weight but ladies yesterday said that once LO arrives you wont have a minute to stop and really should make the most of it now. Especially since it's our first baby and i dont have anyone else to run around after.

Anna, i def get the full up feeling and breathless a lot. Every time i eat anything i feel bloated and my stomach goes solid, think it's gas a lot of the time. :O

Adreamz, i dont think it matters what time i go to bed, if i cant get comfy, i cant get comfy!! Might have to think about seperate bedrooms soon cos i'm worried i'm keeping DH awake and he's got to get up for work. I just keep looking at it as practise for being woken for feeds in the night. :)

Mum82 have fun at the cinema today. Sounds like it really could happen for you any day, xfingers it's sooner rather than later!!

Daisy, hope all goes well at your app today. Good news on the GTT, you can completely chill now and enjoy your pamper session tomorrow.

Taxi, glad the scan went well and she eventually let you have a wee peek. You're nearly at 29 weeks (i remember cos you're exactly 2 weeks behind me), Hopefully your little girl is going to be more stubborn than your boys and stay nice and snug in there for lots more weeks to come!!

AG, i've got 9 weeks left hun. Actually starting to get a bit impatient now, we just want her to be here.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

AFM-another terrible night last night. Evie kicked like mad when i lay on either side. I'm so worried she kicks cos i'm squashing her so i move but i couldn't even get comfy propped up lying on my back so just tossed and turned all night, poor DH think i am waking him too. Getting a lot of BH's especially when i'm out walking so going to have a lazy day and not feel guilty about it today. DH is rallying all weekend again so will prob have a very lazy weekend too. Might unpack the bag of clothes i got from a friend there's some gorgeous stuff in it. DH's mum told him the other day she's going mad buying stuff so he's told her to stop cos we're really not going to need much more. Apparently his grmndma has bought a shawl and hopes Evie will wear it for her christening but we're not having her christened so i'm hoping it doesn't cause any trouble but TBH i dont really care, our decision is made and we're not letting any family dictate what we do with our baby!! Anyway, rant over. Off to have a shower and get dressed and bake some bread, yummy!!

Take care lovely ladies. xxx

Wednesday, July 27th 2011, 7:02pm

Just a quickie as DH is away tomorrow for his last week away, so we are spending quality time together tonight. When he gets back next week that will be him home until the middle of September at least, which is great. We've had a lovely day out fishing, which was a good laugh. Didn't catch anything, but was just nice to be out and about in the sunshine.

Had my 36 week check today and all is looking really great! The baby is head down, but not engaged yet and is lying in the best position for labour - I am hoping the little one stays like that! Head down, not back to back and spine stretched along my left side, legs down to the right. Everything else was great and now I see her at 38 weeks in a couple of weeks. Not going to start raspberry leaf until DH gets home next Thursday and starting my first acupunture class next Wednesday. I asked her what happens if I go over my due date and she was really confident, given that I am having acupunture that I will go around my date or a bit earlier. She says that she has seen it time and time again, so I'm pleased I have that all booked up from 37-40 weeks.

Sorry no personals - will get on here properly soon to catch up with all the news properly. xxx

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Amazing Grace" (Jul 27th 2011, 7:04pm)

Thursday, July 28th 2011, 10:39am

Arghh if it's not one thing it's another. Placenta has moved so that's fine no section needed, except they have now found the deepest fluid pool is too mucH at 8.5' and he had grown from the 50 centile at 28 weeks to 75 centile at 34 weeks so now have to have infection screen and glucose tolerance test too. What's wrong with normal! Now off for a snooze as didn't sleep very well last night and in a big grump. May have to have a shopping spree!
glad everyone seems to be ok!
Liz x

Thursday, July 28th 2011, 12:31pm

hey Ladies,

Liz - fab that your placenta has shifted up. why are they doing all the extra tests if he is still classed as normal? do they think he is too big? your bean bag sounds ace and actually would be fab to sleep on, don't blame you with going shopping to cheer you up :) i say order the size 12 clothes as at least a stone will be gone immediately with more to follow after that, how much have you put on so far?

grace - wow - sounds like you are all ready to go! do you feel like you are waddling yet? what kind of accupuncture are you having, is it all on your bump? your fishing trip sounds nice and relaxing, did you decide on your names yet? i remember you had a problem with your friend taking your girl's one!

Rally girl - i feel exactly the same, whenever i am on my right side i am getting massive kicks and headbutts, then when i turn over to the other side i get the same, it actually feels like she is struggling and wanting to get out, and i worry she is not happy in there, she does eventually settle but it plays on my mind!

AFM - have first NCT class tonight, slight whinge it is from 7-10pm, bearing mind don't finish work till 6 then will take 45 mins to get there, when on earth are we meant to eat?! i wonder what the other folk will be like. a bit nervous as everyone puts so much emphasis on "oh you;ll be friends with all the NCT mothers, they are a lifeline" what if they don't like me or we don't bond or something?

my nosebleeds come back with a vengance, this morning i was in bed having a snuggle with DH and then felt a trickle down the back of my throat, sat up and whoosh, the bed suddenly looked like a crime scene, my poor bed linen is getting wrecked :thumbdown:

xx
Anna

Thursday, July 28th 2011, 12:40pm

Bless ya Elizmac, YAY on the placenta move but sorry you're having these other worries. Could baby be measuring big because of the extra fluid? Lets hope so. Hope you have a nice snooze, i'm off in a bit for one too, really struggling to sleep more than about an hour at a time at night. A shopping spree def sounds in order!! [zx127]

AG, hope you enjoyed your last evening before DH goes away, i can sympathise. I'm sure the week will fly by.

Take care everyone!!

xxx

Thursday, July 28th 2011, 12:58pm

Hi

Anna I was wishing for normal!! Just not quite managed it!!
Rally my bump measures ok but his abdo measurement had jumped up centiles. Havnt even put on that much weight myself!! Am 20 lb up at 34 weeks. Hoping he is just a tough big bugger rather thZn anything being wrong.

Anyway enjoy your days girls. Feels odd not being at work. When does the need to tidy start!! It hasn't yet!!

Thursday, July 28th 2011, 4:36pm

Liz - pleased to hear that your placenta has moved - that is good news. Not sure what the other stuff means, but great that they are keeping such a good eye on you. Here they really do have a much more hands off approach and being from the UK that stresses me out sometimes! Fingers crossed everything is great, which I am sure it will be. They are just making sure and airing caution to the wind. I think sometimes the tidy up doesn't come! My friend said her house could have done with a good clean when her little one came, but she just never really had the nesting stage. Must admit i'm the other way and cleaning something everyday in amongst socialising with friends!!

Rallygirl - i'm really struggling with the sleep thing too - would love to say it gets better, but don't think it does!! I'm having lots of lie ins and naps to keep me going.

Anna - seriously waddling!! I'm really sore around my pelvis and hips and am like an old lady! Can def feel that baby is lower. I am not sure what the acupunture will be like, but I am pretty sure they stay well clear of the bump area. I think it may all be around the feet. In the UK they seem to be all for reflexology, here it is acupuncture and I have to say I am a huge fan after having it once a week before and during our last cycle. I am certain it helped. Girls names are still proving to be a problem, although at the moment i've convinced it is a boy, but we still need a name for a girl. I think we'll just have to wait and see what the baby looks like when he/she pops into the world. How are you doing with names? Hope the class goes well sweetie and don't worry about the class and friends thing. Just go there and see what happens. I have a rule that I will not choose my friends through circumstances - so if you go and there are people you bond well with, then that is great, but if not there will be plenty of other chances as a Mum to meet others. Poor you with those nosebleeds - isn't there anything the Dr can give you or do to help?

AFM - Not a lot to report. DH away now for a week. We had a lovely day yesterday before he left. He's back next Thursday and that will be him off until middle of September as he managed to swap some of this working weeks. After that he goes back onto his two and four rotation. Away for 2, home for 4.

Baby seems to be doing well - movements are good. I'm not sleeping well at all, but just catching up when I can and glad that i'm not working! I'm convinced at the moment that its a boy!

I've been trying to sort out our house insurance for our house in the UK - flipping heck - can't seem to get anyone to do anything these days! I've had to phone and e-mail twice to chase it up as our old policy is up on Sunday midnight and we don't want the house not insured - they are closed on Saturday, so tomorrow is the only day they can do it. I have to say these kinds of things bother me more just now and my patience is not what it was - not suffering fools very much at the moment and as one of my friends said - don't get the pregnant person pissed off!!

Met up with some friends this afternoon, then picked up my friend who is over from Aberdeen to take them to the airport. Spent a few hours just sitting in the garden while the kids played and enjoying the sun as it has been a nice day. Hope you are all well xxx

Hoping77

What's Up?

Thursday, July 28th 2011, 5:36pm

Hi everyone

Just a quick one from me as only been home from hospital a few hours. After a long and painful 28 hour labour our son, Nathan, finally arrived at 16:08 on Tuesday 26 July weighing 8 pounds and 2 ounces. I won't lie and say labour was a breeze. I found it very painful and tried every pain relief drug possible, none of which worked (including the epidural!). Ended up having a spinal block as his head was in an awkward position so my pushing wasn't helping so they had to intervene by turning his head inside me and then using forceps! Fortunately the spinal block meant I didn't feel a thing and thankfully they were able to get him out before resorting to a c-section. My legs are swollen as a side effect of the spinal block and I feel uncomfortable but I would do it all again to feel the elation and happiness you feel when they're handed to you. A truly amazing feeling and instantaneous love for something so precious. He is so beautiful I can't believe he is mine. Definitely worth the long hard journey of ttc.

I will post a more detailed birth story in my diary when I have a spare moment though some of you may not want to read it as mine isn't the lovely easy not so painful labour that some women can experience - superwomen I reckon LOL!

Anyway, hope you're all OK and I will catch up on your updates when I have more time - if that's possible with a newborn LOL!

Love to you all

Reg: Jul 23rd 2010

Children: 1 on the way

Thursday, July 28th 2011, 5:44pm

Congrats Hoping77 really pleased for you enjoy every moment with your little one xxx
Me 31 - Ok
DH 31 - low [zx151]
TTC - 6 years

1st ICSI - July 2010 :BFN: :tears:
2nd ICSI - 25 April 2011:BFP: :faint: babydust EDD 26/12/2011

baby7 Harrison Stephen was born at 21:41 on 6/01/2012 we are over the moon with our little man xx

Thursday, July 28th 2011, 6:05pm

Hoping congrats. Sure all that pain was worth it. Hope you enjoy having him home x

Anna can they not just cauterise your nose then fill you will naseptin cream? That's what we did for pregnant women when I did ENT. It always seems like more blood than it is but unpleasant never the less.

Rally and amazing grace I have given up on sleep too. Think the longest stretch I managed last night was 2.5 hours!!
Seriously going to try sleeping on my fatboy beanbag tonight. You should all get one they are amazing. Only drawback is clambering or actually rolling off it!!!

On a health kick now. Even if gtt is negative which it really should be it has given me. Kick up the bum to cut out the crap!! Poor little man is going on a diet with me!!

Liz x

taxihome

United Kingdom

Thursday, July 28th 2011, 6:57pm

:hi: Good afternoon Missy's

Daisy - So happy your GTT was fine. I hope you enjoyed your spa too you lucky thing. [zx055]

Mum 82 - I too have started getting Braxton Hicks. They can be really uncomfortable eh. Not long for you now though. :rainbow:

Adreamz - Hope you are resting more now. zzzz

Anna - That scan was NHS. Not sure if i have to have anymore . You also spa (ing). So jealous. :rose: I to feel breathless and especialy full up after eating. Enjoy your NCT class. I am waiting on a local one too but not NCT.

Elizmac - Enjoy your upcoming classes :goodluck:

Rallygirl - I havent had an interupted sleep for ages. If its not a wee then i am woken up by battery. Enjoy your lazy weekend. :wine:

AG - glad your 36 week check went well. I cant believe you are almost dropping. woohoo

Hoping - :congrats: whoooo hooo your son is here. Well done on getting through a very hard labour nailbite & what a fab weight Nathan was. :rainbow:

AFM Just been out and got the boring bits like nappies, sudocream, nappy sacks, calpol, baby nurofen blah blah blah. I hate the thought of needing some of this stuff and not having it in. Amelia is recognising songs now and loves Enya. Daddys influence. I feel really big and fat now and have started to get some nasty headaches too. Nausea comes and goes but not on the same scale as 1st tri.
Braxton Hicks have started and we are over the moon we still have her cooking away. starsmile

Have a nice eve all. :bye: :xxx3: :xxx3: :xxx3: :xxx3: :xxx3: :xxx3: :xxx3: :xxx3:

[zx071]
MY DIARY

Thursday, July 28th 2011, 7:09pm

Awww Hoping that is wonderful news! So chuffed for you, but sorry to hear you had such a hard time of it. Might leave reading your birth story until after my little one comes! Hope Nathan is settling in back home well and you are enjoying motherhood!

Taxihome - sounds like it is all go with you. I freaked when the BH first started, but now I am pretty used to them and it is nice to think that the uterus is preparing for the birth - will hopefully make it a little easier!

xxx

Friday, July 29th 2011, 6:58am

Liz, sorry to hear about fluid, at least they are checking everything out. I hope that it all comes back ok.
Anna, you have something in common with nct girls so you will get on, some in my group wouldn't be friends I'd pick but they are all lovely people!!
Amazing grace, I can't imagine my dh being away for a week but I'm sure time will fly then you can start the raspberry tea. Sorry to hear your problems with home insurance, I think that life can never be simple in the uk!!!
Congratulations hoping. I'm glad Nathan is with you safe and sound. I hope the effects of labour wear off soon.
Taxihome, bh are strange really, I keep wondering how I'll tell the difference. Sorry to hear you have headaches and nausea still. Are you drinking plenty?
Afm, probate came through woohoo and we have a moving date on Tuesday. All steam ahead!! I'm so excited now. My lo was a little quiet on wed but back to wiggly woo yesterday. Put it down to me being tired and stressed. Awake early again. Let's hope I sleep better once I'm in the new house. I'll miss this house though, I'm sure there will be tears!!
Xxx

Friday, July 29th 2011, 7:32am

Yawn
Awake early again!! Keep thinking of it as practice.

Adreamz fab news you are all ready to move. Probably a good distraction. You can get the house all sorted and then suddenly you'll be in labour!!
Do you need to do a lot to the new house??

Taxi we just got all the boring stuff too. Experimenting with bizarre contraption of a nappy bin! I also I afraid to say bought a big bag of huggies nappies over everything else for no other reason than I thought the baby was cute on the wrapper!! Hmm hormones.

Need a swim today for some comforting floating. I have a new found appreciation for those seals that look so uncomfy on dry land!

Feeling a bit glum today. Fed up of things being wrong. Don't feel like I have had a normal pregnancy at all. And even getting annoyed with the little man for kicking me in the ribs! Feel a bit guilty. I hope I actually like him when he comes out!! My husband thinks I am mad worrying about that but I really do!!

Have a good day girls c

Friday, July 29th 2011, 9:02am

Morning ladies!

Elizmac - so funny what you said about the Huggies - that's pretty much why I chose them too!! Is that a case of heart over head or did we actually getthe best ones?? Time will tell. And don't worry about bonding, everyone I have ever spoken to say the moment bubs is placed on your chest the surge of love is overwhelming. I think it is natural to worry at this stage.

Adreamz - so glad the probate finally came through - you can now get organised and sorted. One less thing to worry about - than you can make you new home all snuggly and welcoming for the baby. Just don't overdo it - I know how tempting it is!!

Hoping - YAYAYAYAY!! for baby Nathan - :congrats: Hope you are settling well into your new life as a mummy xxx

Taxi - Braxton Hicks - Lucky you !!LOL!! Great news to hear Amelia is still baking away safely all snuggly inside you. Looks like she doesn't want to go anywhere yet in a hurry. Keep hanging on!

Amazing Grace - While DH is away is that an opportunity to do some sneaky shopping? That's what I do!

Anna - NOOOOOOO - thought the nose bleeds had stopped. What a bummer. You'll have to go new bedding shopping after bubs is born! How was ante-natal? Our first class was only 2 hours long and we were told we could bring out dinner with us if we needed to. Hope you got on OK??

Mum82 - how did the consultant appointment go? You are getting soooo close now. Hope all is well with you xxx

Rallygirl - I totally agree with you about staying strong and not being pshed into any decisions- - it's your choice to not have a christening and your family will have to abide by your decision. Home made bread yummmmy!!

If I have missed anyone - I am sorry - hope you are well xx

AFM - doing well. Had my consultant appointment/growth scan on Wednesday. Growth scan went well - baby is perfect. Consultant looked at my info and basicall all he said was "everything is OK, I have no concerns, see you in 4 weeks" WHAT a waste of time! Still, at least we know all is OK.
We had a lovely spa day yesterday - loved floating the bump in the water, felt nice to be weightless! I had a facial, a pedicure and a massage (pregnancy one). The massage was AMAZING! It lasted an hour and I was utterly blissed out. Well worth the money.
We are finishing moving the study down to the log cabin today and then we start on the nursery! YAYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!

Have a lovely day, hope your bumps are all well - hope YOU are all well

My diary

Friday, July 29th 2011, 9:18am

Hi everyone,

BIG CONGRATULATIONS to Hoping!!! Sorry to hear you had such a long and difficult labour but at least it's over now and you have your gorgeous Nathan! I was at SH on Wed eve for the maternity tour and was thinking about you - although I assumed that you would have been home by then. The unit seemed very quiet - were you in a private room? We looked in on one of the wards for 4 and there was only 1 lady in there and her baby was in pink so I knew that wouldn't be you. Anyway I'm glad that everything is OK now x

Adreamz - so glad probate has finally come through. you ca get organised now and it will all be OK x

Sorry no further personals - feeling a bit fed up and tired. My hands and wrists ache from the carpal tunnel and like the rest of you - I'm not sleeping well. Getting worried about the birth. Not sure if I've had any braxton hicks or not. Thought I was having them ages ago but now my bump is bigger I do get the same tightening but it seems to be when LO is moving position. So I'm not sure.

Anyway take care everyone and I'll catch up better in a few days xx

Reg: Apr 26th 2009

Children: son 11 ICSI daugther 18 months

Friday, July 29th 2011, 10:17am

Hello ladies!! I just finished 27 weeks, some sources say its already 3 tri...Hope there is a place for me here!! especially that I feel less connected with second tri chat as majority if girls are round 20 weeks there!!! Im just about to read the news from my old friends here and new ones as well :)
Al.

Friday, July 29th 2011, 12:01pm

hi there all

baby SOFIA was born at 5.53am on thursday 28th july!!!! 7lb 6oz , 2 weeks early! was a very quick labour this time! nearly didnt make it to the hospital and my son (5yrs) was present for nearly the whole labour!! contractions started very painfully at 3am then while waiting for childcare for son i started bleeping and having the sensation to push!!!! we fly to the hospital and waters broke on arrival and sofia was born not long after! no pain relief apart from tens machine and my good old clary sage oil on cotton wool hehe unfortunatly beacuse of the positons of my pelvis and previous stitches in last labour she got stuck and they had to cut me again to get her out!! so i have stitches again :( But also have the most wonderful daugheter ever and the proudest big brother who is just fab!! breastfeeding all going well all the time haha

Hoping Big congrats hun enjoy every second its so presious xxxxx

rocky hope ur feeling better soon

daisy well done on your scan and yes consultants funny creatures arnt they?! lol

elizmac hope u 2 feel better soon its hard the whole pregnancy thing but soooooo worth it in the end and dont feel bad we all have those feelings especially near the end! dammm hormones

adreamz good luck on the move hun bet ur very pleased to have a date

i will end on this to make you all laugh!! when in labour at about 3.30 am my husband woke up and said to me is it the real thing??? i said yes for sure his answer.................. well i just get a bit of rest then!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and he went back to sleep!!!! needless tosay i have not let him forget this and have told everyone!!! lol
TTC 4years for 2nd

ME 27 DH 38 me

bab21

ICSI diary xx

6 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

6 guests