You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "hayley564" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 2nd 2009

Children: Beautiful Jessica Mae x Holly and Elliot!

Friday, July 8th 2011, 2:15pm

Stretch Marks

Hi All,

Just wondering if everyone having twins gets these and if so, what is the best thing to use to either stop them or relieve it?

h
3 X ICSI
Jessica Mae Duffety born sleeping on 9 January 2011 (21+2) - TS and HLHS
Holly and Elliot Duffety born on 16 October 2011 (25+6)
Natural Surprise - Matthew Evan Duffety born sleeping on 11 October 2013 (15+5)

Friday, July 8th 2011, 2:23pm

I'm not having twins Hayley, but to be honest I think people are very, very lucky if they don't get them, even with a singleton! I am not convinced that these creams/oils do the trick or not - sometimes I just think you'll get them or you won't. My sisters and I have been very similar with this. I haven't got any yet (touch wood) but my belly button is stretched to the max - doesn't look like I have one and I think i'll have some marking around there like my sister did with her little one. Not stretch marks as such, but a deformed belly button with some slight changes to the skin around. I still have 6 and half weeks to go though and am massive, so they might come yet! I've been using bio-oil, which you can buy in the chemist. I usually just rub on before bed, but I think it is recommended you use 2-3 times a day. I just give a good slosh of the stuff at bedtime! Hope that helps. xx

We have 3 snow babies waiting for us.

Blue

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 15th 2008

What's Up?
I need sleep!

Friday, July 8th 2011, 2:24pm

Hi Hayley,
Not everyone does, it depends on your DNA. If you've never had stretch marks before, then you are less likely to get them now. The creams and potions you can buy for stretchmarks aren't proven to work. Bio-oil is probably the most popular, but if there was any benefit it would be from rubbing something (anything) on your skin, rather than the ingredients of the cream.
If you do end up like a purple zebra, the stretch marks do fade lots after birth, and you can even get them further lightened by lazer. Or leave them be as a souvenir : D
Hope that helps!
Blue
xxx

My Diary
10 years, 5 cycles, and 3 beautiful children.
My family is complete :heart: :heart: :heart:

Rachael*

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 22nd 2010

Children: Two boys & One girl :)

What's Up?
Keep growing little baby :pray:
Mummy & Daddy love you xx

Friday, July 8th 2011, 2:35pm

Im on my third pregnancy & i used cocoa butter the last two times. This time im using bio oil on my tummy, legs, boobs & bum twice a day. Its suppose to be the best, i know its expensive but i feel its the best on the market.
I never got any stretch marks till i was 34wks. They do fade & you rae very lucky not to get any. Its all part of being a mummy.
R xx
starsmile Rachael's Diary

FET August 2014 = :BFP:

JENSQUI

Megastar

Reg: Feb 26th 2007

Children: one very special daughter

Friday, July 8th 2011, 2:52pm

Wow, I must be incredibly lucky! Only had the one baby, but was pretty big. Never used any special lotions other than my usual moisturiser (Burts Bees) and didn't get any stretch marks. My sister and my mum both got stretch marks with their babies (even their first and they were both 21 at that point) so maybe I've got my dad's skin genes! I never believe the hype with these expensive creams and oils. I religiously used bio oil for 3 months on a small burn scar on my right wrist and it honestly never made even the tiniest difference.

me 38, DP 44, ttc since 2005
BFP May 07 - HB seen @ 8 wks but CRL only 7 weeks, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Jan 08 -m/c @ 11 wks (D&C)
BFP Jun 08 - early loss
BFP Dec 08 - HB & CRL ok @ 8 wks, but sac too small, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Apr 09 - Martha born 9th Jan 2010
BFP Feb 12 - Eliza born 13th Oct 2012

Reg: Nov 19th 2009

Children: TWIN GIRLS BORN 22/02/11

Friday, July 8th 2011, 6:42pm

Hi Hayley, as you can see i have recently had twins, and all through my pregnancy I used Palmers cocoa butter massage cream for stretch marks, and to this day I still don't have a single one!! Not sure if I was just really lucky or if it was the cream. I am quite small but had a mahoosive belly towards the end of my pregnancy. I put it on twice a day, plus it's good to feel the babies kicking about when you put it on. (I found it a great excuse to to get DH to rub it on, espech on my boobs hahahahah).

All the best for your pregnancy chick xx

1st ICSI June 2010 :BFP: Double Trouble

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Friday, July 8th 2011, 6:45pm

My friend had just one and was covered and I also had just one and didn't get any! My mum, cousins, auntie and Nanna didn't get them either.

I did use bio oil but mostly for my scars rather than stretchmarks. Also didn't use it religiously as I kept forgetting!

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

Reg: Apr 19th 2010

Friday, July 8th 2011, 7:14pm

Hayley

I've been using bio oil since found out I was pregnant but to no avail as I've still ended up with some attractive purple marks on my belly. Worrying thing is i'm only thirteen weeks so just trying to embrace them [zx108] lol. My sister got them on her legs as opposed to her belly so probably is in the genes.

xxx
Bushbaby
2009 - 3 x IUI :BFN: April 2010 - IVF :BFN: August 2010 - IVF :BFP: October 2010 - M/C April 2011 - IVF :BFP: [zx076] at 7w 6d :rainbow: Lil Monkey seen at 14wks 5days - all good
My Diary

Ros

Megastar

Reg: Mar 14th 2008

Children: twin girls thanks to PGD!

Friday, July 8th 2011, 9:44pm

I didn't appear to have any until the last couple of weeks when I found a couple, but then once the babies were out lots appeared as my tummy went down - very odd. They have faded lots now though. I did use bio oil but that didn't help me much. Although I don't have a bikini tummy now I am happy to say that I am proud of the marks as they show were the babies were, so if you do get any marks then think of them like that and you won't mind at all :) All the best with your pregnancy hun x

After 5 years of endo surgery, clomid, 2 x MM/C, 2 x ICSI cycles and 1 PGD cycle,
beautiful twin girls born 8th Feb 2010, we are so grateful

Reg: Feb 5th 2009

Children: A boy and girl - ICSI and a natural miracle!

Saturday, July 9th 2011, 7:01am

I only had 1 baby but got to 39 weeks without a mark and then they appeared overnight!!!! I was using a cheap alternative to Bio oil up until about 35 weeks, maye if I ha continued they wouldn't have appeared, who knows! But they fade really quickly and like Ros I see it as a sign of where my baby was. The oil I used was from Poundland and was called Rescue Oil, it's in an orange and white box very much like Bio OIl!!!!

Kitty

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 4th 2008

Children: One little boy, thanks to IVF

Saturday, July 9th 2011, 5:15pm

I've been told in the past (or read it somewhere) that it's genetic, like Blue says. If your mum got them then you probably will, regardless of whether you've got a singleton or twins. So ask your mum, but bear in mind there's always an exception to the rule - Jensqui in this case!
Kitty
xx

IVF Nov-08 - BFP. DS born July 2009
FET Oct-10 - BFN
IVF Sep-11 - BFN

Reg: May 30th 2010

Saturday, July 9th 2011, 7:21pm

As people said it is mostly genetics :-) My 2 sister in laws don't have any (and one of them has 3 kids) whereas I have loads even though my bump was never very big. I love being a mummy but I honestly hate those strechmarks. Hope you find something which works for you! x Ria

United Kingdom

Reg: Dec 22nd 2008

Children: Beautiful twin daughters and two grown up stepdaughters

Saturday, July 9th 2011, 7:55pm

I didn't get any with twins!
Newly Wed

ICSI December 2008 - chemical pregnancy
ICSI May 2009 - BFN
FET September 2009 - BFP
Beautiful twin girls born 30 April 2010

Polly Pocket

GLOBAL MODERATOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 24th 2006

Children: Three gorgeous daughters!

Saturday, July 9th 2011, 8:31pm

I've had 2 singleton pregnancies and didn't get any with either, I used baby oil 2-3 times a day. I did get stretch marks on my hips when I went through puberty and my mum got them when she was pg so I was very surprised that I didn't get covered in them.

Angel baby April 07, Angel baby December 07, DD1 August 09, DD2 March 11, DD3 October 13

United Kingdom

Reg: May 13th 2009

Children: One gorgeous little boy called Daniel

Saturday, July 9th 2011, 11:07pm

I didn't get stretch marks on my tummy at all & my bump was big despite being a singleton pregnancy. I used bio-oil at first then swapped to using Palmers Fragrance Free Cocoa Butter in the morning & the same cheaper Bio oil (Rescue Oil) as Jasper in the evening before bed. Jasper...not sure about you though but the smell of that oil haunts me. I had to throw away my PJ's and the duvet smelled of it for ages although I have been left with a heightened sense of smell since being pregnant!

I did get a few on my boobs though although they are skin coloured so not even noticeable & the skin around my belly button is a bit crepey (wrinkly) but none of it bothers me when I look at my little boy xx

Spain United Kingdom

Reg: Oct 11th 2009

Children: 2 teenage sons 13 & 14 and my miracle twins Noha Martina & Oscar Noha born 7 wks early 11/10/11 RIP princess Noha <3

Sunday, July 10th 2011, 1:43pm

I had my 1st baby when i was 17 and my 2nd when i was 18 and didn't get any stretch marks on my tummy, although i got a few on my boobs, inner and outer thighs and bottom! My mum had 5 kids, my sister had 2 kids and my nan 10 singleton and 1 twin pregnancy and still non on there tummys but only on there thighs and bottom!
Now im pregnant with twins im hoping my body is like my mums and nans xfingers I didnt use any creams with my 2 pregnancys but this time as im carrying twins im using Bio-oil everyday.

IVFx3
TWINS [zx076] [zx076] 7wks prem
Oscar Noha 4lb2 - Tracheal Esophageal Fistula & Esophageal Atresia
Noha Martina 3lb8 - HLHS RIP Princess
My TWIN diary

Reg: Mar 27th 2009

Children: Two the way!

Tuesday, July 12th 2011, 8:47pm

Hi guys, I'm 34 week pregnant with 2 big babies and touch wood no stretch marks! My mum, nanna and aunt all got away without any so I'm hoping I will follow suite xx
[zx076] [zx076] seen at 6w5d scan
IT'S TWINS!!!!!
TTC 5 years
Ist IVF APR 2009 - BFN
2nd IVF with ICSI SEP 2009 - BFN
3rd IVF with ICSI Dec 2010 - :BFP:
2008 - 6 x cycles of clomid all BFN

mrsjasper

Megastar

Reg: Nov 2nd 2005

Children: 2 gorgeous girls

Thursday, July 14th 2011, 7:03am

I've had 2 singletons and not a single stretch mark, first time round I had a bump the size of a twin pregnancy because I was carrying lots and lots of cake! My mum only had me and she had none either. Genetics seems to be a more important factor than the size of your bump and the number of babies. I am totally in awe of those of you on second and subsequent pregnancies who find the time to put cream or oil on twice a day, I can barely find time to put moisturiser on my wrinkly old face. Please tell me you all have really hairy legs?

Reg: Jun 10th 2009

Children: Two perfect 3yr olds

Thursday, July 14th 2011, 8:02pm

I would say it is really down to DNA and luck. I had pretty big twins and did not get any stretchmarks at all. Oddly enough now, I sort of wish I had one or two to remind me of my pregnancy!

x

Jannie
Aug 09 - IUI - BFN
; Oct 09 - ICSI - BFN; Jan 10 - ICSI cancelled;
DICSI in Valencia Mar10 :BFP:
Jannie's Diary
Oscar and Emilia born 8th November 2010

Duffymoon

Megastar

Reg: Jun 11th 2007

Children: Boy/girl twins born 2010

Tuesday, July 19th 2011, 8:04pm

Hi Hayley

I carried over a stone of twins to nearly 39 weeks but only have one teeny stretch mark below my belly button. I already had a couple on both hips from when I lost weight in my late teens so didn't think i would avoid them. So I used bio oil twice a day from pretty much day one of pregnancy and can only assume that it made a difference.

Bio oil is the way to go I reckon !

x

4 x ICSI BFN
5th time :BFP:
:boy: :girl:

• United Kingdom

Tuesday, July 19th 2011, 9:11pm

Thank you so much for all your replies.

I really didn't mean to come across shallow - if I get them I get them but if there was something that seemed to minimise them I would be happy to try (hope that makes sense). I have a feeling I have put on quite a bit of weight already to be honest.....going to weigh myself now!

h
3 X ICSI

United Kingdom

Reg: May 13th 2009

Children: One gorgeous little boy called Daniel

Tuesday, July 19th 2011, 11:27pm

You aren't being shallow, its a real concern for pregnant women and who wouldn't try to preserve their body. I mean the sleepless nights & fabulously busy days does enough to temporarily wreck our faces & hair so why not try to have a spick & span tummy...ha..ha!

I hope you avoid them and if not then at least if you slap on some lotion or oil you will know you did your best!

GemH

Star

Reg: Nov 27th 2006

Location: Romford - Me 30. MC @ 14 wks Aug 03. 7 courses of Clomid all bfn, waiting for af to start iui when shock natural bfp. M/C 29/06/2010.Separated from ex-DH in 07/10. In a new(ish) relationship with an old friend and ttc no 2 :)

Children: George 21/11/2008 - my surprise natural bfp. Oliver 09/05/2013 - my little happy chappy

Wednesday, July 20th 2011, 12:24pm

Youre not being shallow at all anything that can help you look (and feel) better is worth a shot! I used everything and left work at 34 weeks thinking Id escaped as I had no stretch marks by 39 weeks my stomuch was covered in pink angry lines. I still have them but theyve faded. I did use bio oil on them before and after but gave up when G was 6 months as it was expensive and made no difference that I could see. Im more bother but my pouch than than the marks (not that Im taht bothered about that really now!) Hopefully youll have really good genes :) x

Reg: Jun 10th 2009

Children: Two perfect 3yr olds

Wednesday, July 20th 2011, 2:32pm

You did not come across as shallow at all. I dreaded getting them when I first found out I was having twins as I thought it was definitely going to happen due to size of 2 babies in there (not that I often have my body on show), so fully know why you are concerned.

x

Jannie
Aug 09 - IUI - BFN
; Oct 09 - ICSI - BFN; Jan 10 - ICSI cancelled;
DICSI in Valencia Mar10 :BFP:
Jannie's Diary
Oscar and Emilia born 8th November 2010

Reg: Feb 24th 2008

Children: 1 baby girl

Wednesday, July 20th 2011, 4:25pm

Hi there

I used bio oil twice a day religiously and didn't get any stretch marks until 30 weeks and I was gutted when they appeared. I agree with the other ladies, I think it's genetics. My sister didn't get any with either of her pregnancies and she was much bigger than me. Personally I wouldn't waste money on bio oil I'd just buy a normal moisturiser and use it twice a day. It makes you feel better moisturising anyway.

2 ectopic pregnancies - 2005 & 2009
beautiful daughter born Sept 2010 thanks to IVF
IVF#3 April/May 2012 - BFN
IVF#4 in Oct/Nov 2012

MY DIARY

• United Kingdom

Sunday, July 24th 2011, 6:06pm

Asked my mum yesterday - she had none but used olive oil throughout her pregnancies twice per day!
3 X ICSI