You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Hoping77

Reg: Apr 14th 2009

Children: A son and daughter - our family is complete :)

What's Up?
Absolutely love being a mum of 2 but OMG it is hard work and very tiring! Wouldn't change it for the world though :)

Wednesday, June 29th 2011, 10:12am

Hi Cathcat - I have had a few occasions where I get an intense cramp on one side of my belly. However, it only lasts about a minute and then it won't happen again for days. I think it's just our ligaments stretching or practice contractions but you may want to mention it to your MW just in case xx

Booboo - glad you have made a decision. If I was in that situation I would probably opt for a c-section too, especially after seeing Harry's post re positives for having one LOL. You never know though, she may turn around just in time xfingers xx

Hello to everyone else.

AFM - had another scan yesterday to check my little boy is growing OK. He now weighs approximately 6 and a half pounds based on his measurements, which they say is perfect for how many weeks I am so that is a relief. HOWEVER, because of my gestational diabetes they have decided to do a membrane sweep on Tuesday 12 July and see what happens (I will be 38+2 then). If I don't go into labour naturally after that then some time between 19 and 22 July they will induce me. My due date is 24 July so it's not like it's mega early and I'm really happy with his current weight. I only weighed 6 pounds 12 when I was born so I'm sure he'll be OK if he is a week early. I'm thinking he will be about 8 pounds when he is born. I left the hospital in a bit of a panic thinking I only have 2 weeks to get everything finished in the house - mainly the nursery. I do have everything for him but I am waiting on his wardrobes and drawers to be delivered, which I have been assured will be next week. I washed all the clothes and blankets etc yesterday so they will be ready to put away once they arrive. They look so cute hung up to dry on the madens and are so tiny. I can't believe how many clothes I have for him, I have loads LOL! I will need to have his up to 1 month clothes in one drawer so I ensure he wears them before he moves on to the 0 - 3 months clothes I have.

Oh and I bought a glider chair off Ebay yesterday for £100 including delivery, which I thought was great. It's in a pale cream and comes with a footstool. It's brand new too. I was originally looking at a chair from Ikea but this is a proper nursing chair where I can rock him to sleep and feed him. It will go in the corner of the nursery, in front of the window.

My hospital bag is half packed but still need to get some nighties for the hospital. After struggling to find button up ones I've decided I could probably wear the babydoll vest type nighties as I can just slip it off my shoulder when I want to breastfreed can't I? I just need to buy some so going to venture into town on Friday for a mooch around the shops - no doubt with regular breaks to sit down as my back throbs if I walk for too long LOL!

Well I'm waiting on the blind man to come this morning to give me quote that I can compare to the one who came round on Friday. Hopefully they will be fitted next week. Also waiting in today for a delivery of drawers for our landing as it was recently decorated, and tomorrow the glider chair is being delivered so another day of waiting in! I have plenty to do though in the house sorting bits and bobs.

Bye for now

:xxx3:
An almost 4 year old son and a 21 month old daughter :)

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 1st 2010

Children: 1st ICSI - Perfect baby boy born 2011, 2nd ICSI - BFN

Wednesday, June 29th 2011, 1:19pm

Hi all :) I'M A MUMMY!!!!

So sorry for not coming on any earlier, was a very hectic long and drawn out labour and havent been coping very well but am feeling allot better today.

I have posted in the announcements board and updated my diary of my ordeal to get my little man out of his cosy home!!

Baby Ollie William Edward was born on Friday 24th June at 6.16am, weighing 9lbs 8oz delivered by c-section in the end (unfortunately).
Ollie is doing brilliantly and looks gorgeous, keep having to pinch ourselves every time we see him and i cant believe how much I love him already!

i'm amazed at how a 9lb 8oz bundle was in my belly and now out into the world, his just a joy, bless him x and I must say, its very true what they say about not remembering the pain after you see your little baby. Its the best feeling ever!

Ollie is very long and thin (just like his dad) with slightly gingery hair (like his mum).
I'll try to upload a pic soon but if you want to add me on Facebook my name is Shelley Wall and Ollie is my profile piccy :D

Love to you all and cant wait to hear about all the deliveries to come... exciting!!!

Reg: Apr 27th 2010

Children: one boy (naturally concived, somehow!!!) One on the way!! yehh

Wednesday, June 29th 2011, 1:19pm

hoping wow thats a great size already and last LO was 3 weeks early 8lb 1 and he was more that healthy!!! im going for a stappy top pjs cos they i can either slip down to feed or pull top up to feed (show less boobie this way) maybe something to think of hun

cathcat it could be bh or just baby laying on something in there!!! i have that when my LO lays sideways and last 2 day was very painful but was not bh! i did lots of scrubbing the floor and these seemed to mover her!!

booboo think thats a good descion hun, my friend had c section cos her LO was breech and she said best thing she did!!

got to go girls chat soon xxxx hope everyone else is well
TTC 4years for 2nd

ME 27 DH 38 me

DH very low [zx151] 11 counted in total :(

1st ICSI nov 2010 :BFP: 1 [zx076] seen at 8 weeks, 12 weeks, 22 weeks, 32 weeks, 36 weeks

bab21

ICSI diary xx

Hoping77

What's Up?
Absolutely love being a mum of 2 but OMG it is hard work and very tiring! Wouldn't change it for the world though :)

Wednesday, June 29th 2011, 3:16pm

Congratulations Shelley :clap

Sorry to hear it was a bit of a traumatic delivery but he is here and he is healthy and like you say the pain is all worth it and you soon forget about it. 9 pounds 8 is a decent weight too. They worry that my boy will be big because of gestational diabetes but I don't think he will be over 9 pounds unless he has a massive growth spurt over the next 3 weeks LOL!

Re the breastfeeding, I hope to try but if it hurts I'm not going to stress myself out about it and just give him formula. I've even bought some Aptimal just in case as would hate to be struggling to feed him in the middle of the night so it's my back up plan LOL!

Congratulations again hun

Wednesday, June 29th 2011, 5:46pm

shelley hey we posted at same time!!! congrats hun xxxxxxxxxx
TTC 4years for 2nd

ME 27 DH 38 me

1st ICSI nov 2010 :BFP: 1 [zx076] seen at 8 weeks, 12 weeks, 22 weeks, 32 weeks, 36 weeks

bab21

ICSI diary xx

Reg: Jul 15th 2009

Children: one perfect little girl

Wednesday, June 29th 2011, 8:52pm

Shelley - huuuuuge congrats hun. so happy for you your little bundle arrived safely. sorry to hear you had a bit of a trauma, sounds like you feel it was all worth it though.really ahhpy for you hun. enjoy baby Ollie xxxx

hoping - my mw today said not to bother taking milk in to the hosp as they support u when u are there with BF'ing even if its the middle of the night and your'e struggling. however i suppose they have to say u don't need to take in milk as they have to seem to be supporting BF'ing i suppose so no harm in taking it just incase. i think i might take a carton just incase....she didn;t mention whether they have bottle though or sterilisers but u would think they would. xxx

mum - thanks hun, i feel better hearing that about your friend xxx

well i went for my consultation today and i've been booked in for the 11th july when i'm 39 weeks. i will be scanned before to make sure buba is still breech though. i'm happy with my decision and now i'm looking forward to meeting my baby girl in 12 days time :happy:

now what i'm unsure of ....do we tell people the date of the section?? everyone knows buba is breech and that i need a section but so far we haven;t said a date. we've told our parents the date of the c section but i don;t know whether its best to suprise people and text them on the day we're going in for the c section (a bit similar to how u would tell people you have started labour). or do we just tell people now the date of the c section...... we want some sort of build up for the family so unsure whether to just tell everyone or leave it until the day. so we have to decide what to do.......

hope everyone is well xxxxxxxxxxxx

1st ICSI :BFN: ;(
2nd ICSI :BFP: happydance

United Kingdom

Reg: Jan 24th 2010

Children: 1 gorgeous little boy!

Thursday, June 30th 2011, 8:39am

Wow Shelley, wonderful news. Congratulations! And a really lovely name! Sounds like the labour was tough but I'm sure you've already forgiven him for putting you through that!

BooBoo - personally, I wouldn't tell people the date but then I'm quite private about things like that. I like the idea of having as much time to ourselves as we find we need (so I actually don't even want people to know I'm in labour!). Also if the scan shows she's turned, there'll be lots of people expecting news when they might just have sent you home. But I reckon it really is a personal choice!

Harry x
Me:36 DH:36
3 IUIs - Jan, Mar, Jun 2010 - BFN
1st IVF Oct 10 - BFP. Please stay sticky!

7 week scan - 1 heartbeat seen!
9 week scan - little hands and feet!!!
12 week scan - all on track! :thumbsup:
21 week scan - :boy:

Reg: Aug 12th 2010

What's Up?
(",)

Thursday, June 30th 2011, 12:08pm

Booboo - Just wanted to chip in about whether to take cartons of formula in. When I was in the postnatal ward, there were some ladies breastfeeding and some formula feeding. It wouldn't hurt to take in cartons of formula...you can always bring them home! In the antenatal classes, the midwife said that they had bottles. To get a straight answer though, maybe its worth giving the postnatal ward a call to ask them what they've got?

I'm breastfeeding, but topping her up with formula when she's extra hungry. Rose drains me dry and still wants more, so the combination of BF and FF is working for us.

Not sure who mentioned about strappy tops for BF. I went with the strappy tops (I don't like nighties) and found that muslins squares drapped over your shoulder and baby can help cover up if needed.

Sorry to post and run ... gotta make the most of this weather :) Have a lovely day everyone
Aug/Sept 2010 ICSI :BFP: :girl:

Thursday, June 30th 2011, 9:21pm

hi peeps

chillimint - yeah hun seems a good idea to take some formula to hosp just incase. afterall it can do no harm. i bought 2 cartons of aptimal and going to take them i think...... i can always get hubby to get more if i needed it.

well i've decided to only tell our nearest and dearest about the date of the section (with the exception of on you lovelies on here of course). so we are going to text everyone on the morning of the 11th and say we're going for a scan and if bubs is still breech we'll be having a section. that way there is still a build up for people like if i was in labour....iykwim!! then dh will make the announcement as usual if the c section goes ahead...sorted :thumbsup:

dh has been off work today and we've got lots done. seems like time is ticking away and we need to get organised in just over a week. buba hasn't even got a name yet!! we really must knuckle down and choose one but they are so many pretty ones i can't choose..lol.

hope everyone and there bumps are well

Reg: Dec 6th 2010

Saturday, July 2nd 2011, 12:36pm

Hi girls
I thought I may join you all as stuck at home waiting to pass a kidney stone and a bit at a loss as to what to do!!
Have been in hospital twice needing morphine for the flipping thing. Poor baby been a bit dopey!
Think most of you are a few weeks ahead. I am hoping my 9 weeks or so go fast so can then get my stone removed.

You all sound very prepared. Think we are about to do a vast kiddicare splurge and just get it all delivered. I think our little boy may well get spoiled with me being at home Internet shopping!!

Good luck to all of you due in the next few days or so.

Booboo I am going to need an elective section too unless my placenta has a massive shift out of the way. I spent the night in a ward with 5 ladies all waiting for elective sections and they all seemed very organised and planned so there are benefits hey.
Liz

United Kingdom

Reg: Apr 25th 2010

Saturday, July 2nd 2011, 11:45pm

Been a long time since I've logged in!

Busy busy mummy!

Congrats Shelley on birth of your lil boy!

So excited for the rest of you! Not long now Booboo, Harry, Hoping, FC & all you other wonderful ladies.

Wishing you all a positive birthing experience! You will just simply love being a mummy ! :) xx

bab21 Due 07/03/11

So excited!! Scans at 4, 6, 8, 12, 20 and awaiting private 4D at 28wks, Growth scan & Placenta position at 32 weeks...pls move so I can have my homebirth!

Reg: Nov 29th 2010

Monday, July 4th 2011, 8:23am

Hi everyone,

Congratulations Shelley!!!! Ar last!!!! Sorry to hear about the birth and the difficulties you've had.....but I'm sure he's worth it. Will look forward to hearing your updates over the coming weeks xx

Elizmac - your poor thing, you must be in so much pain. Hope the time passes quickly for you xx

BooBoo - I think you've made the right decision about the section for what it's worth. And I'm really glad you shared your reasons with us because you pointed out things I would never have thought of re having LO turned. It's good to be aware of those things in case it happens to us. And at least if they scan you and things have changed - you can always have a natural birth. Not long to go now xx

Hi to Adreamz, Mum, Chillimint, Harry and anyone else I've missed - can't see back any further. Who is due next then - BooBoo??

Not posted for a while as I'm really busy at work. Have a day off today though - a payback day for the royal wedding as we were already on holiday that day - so it's nice not to have to go. I've got 3 more weks lesft before maternity leave and am struggling so may have a few days sick before the end. Just doing nothing is hard work - is this normal?? Finally got another pushchair. Have ordered the Mothercare mychoice (my4 - 4 wheeler). Really hope that this one is the right decision. Have got the maxi cosi pebble car seat to go with it. I was intending on getting the silver cross 3d but the woman in mothercare told me some things I didn't know about it and recommended some better ones so ended up with a different one. Have got everything except the chasis wheels so they are being delivered some time - can't wait to put it all together. Choosing a pushcahir has been so stressful!!

I don't feel like I can stand up for very long these days - been a bit like this throughout pregnancy but definitely getting worse now. I'm always looking for the nearest chair. They interviewed for my replacement last week - I was really upset because I didn't even get introduced to the candidates and I was totally cut out of the whole thing. I just thought it was rude and inconsiderate.

Anyway - hope you're all OK. This heat is killing me xx

United Kingdom

Monday, July 4th 2011, 10:18am

Hi all, hope you had a good weekend!

Feeling very grumpy this morning! DH was poorly all weekend poor thing but also meant I've been looking after him all weekend and the list of jobs I needed him to help with couldn't be done and he's back at work today. So frustrating not being able to do everything ourselves and being reliant on others! Would get my parents down to help but don't want to risk going into labour when they're here! Rubbish night's sleep and to top that all off, a cold sore for the first time all pregnancy! Due date is tomorrow and now I'm hoping for a late baby so that I can actually give him a kiss when he comes out! Don't really want to have to avoid kissing him and also to have photos with a massive big blister on my lip (but I know, I'm being vain/unreasonable/silly - just tired!).

Going to try to have some relaxing time today, sit and read in the garden and maybe go for a walk. Don't even feel like catching up with friends today - too grumpy! Any tips for switching from grumpy, tired woman to happy, relaxed, ready for birth one?

Will go and skulk off before I make everyone else grumpy! ;)

Harry x

p.s. Mrs Harper - nice to hear from you. Did you manage your homebirth? Birth pool sitting by the side of me with a box of sheets, pillow, hot water bottles, towel etc. Hoping to give it a go!

Reg: Oct 30th 2010

Monday, July 4th 2011, 8:44pm

Harry, sorry to hear about the cold sore, can you use any of the normal treatment whilst pregnant? I'm sure you are more than ready for your LO to arrive and think how wonderful it will be to hold him and cuddle him (and I'm sure kiss him because the cold sore will go away!!). Keep smiling you are nearly there now!!!
Rocky, I feel for you still having 3 weeks to go. I'm just doing extra shifts so its my own choice but I on;y do one every 3 or more days so i can relax and recover, can't imagine having to be full time. Definately take some sick leave!! You shouldn't really be standing for long amounts of time anyway, I certainly don't, don't want any varicous veins that could have been prevented!!
Elizmac, hi, sorry to hear you have painful kidney stones, must be a real struggle when they can't do anything for you until baby is born. Hope the pain is eased soon.
Wow Booboo, the 11th is not far away now!! A real week countdown how exciting xxx
AFM: I went camping over the weekend and it was wonderful Very hot 88), which I didn't like (DH was like...'normally you would love this sun its so funny') but I have come back brown and shattered ha ha. The walk to the beach was down hill and lovely, the walk back to the camp site was up hill and exhausting. I managed to be at the front everytime though, didn't want people thinking I was a whimp for being pregnant!! Would have been nice to have had a glass of wine on the beach with our BBQ though. Can't believe that I;ve only 6 weeks left. Still not got a moving date yet, been promised 2 weeks but they keep saying that!! Had loads of braxson hicks last night, not painful, but said to dh, what happens if this is it, we are really not ready at all.. This week I shall sort through everything my sister has given me so I know if I need to perchase anything, then I will buy what I need and leave it at my mums so that I'm more prepared!!
Anyway, good luck to everyone as we really are approaching the end of the pregnancy now, and our LO's could come soon. xxx
Adreamz :xxx3:

United Kingdom

Tuesday, July 5th 2011, 11:38am

Sorry sorry! Much more upbeat today! Got up at 5am (! - I know but I couldn't sleep!) and once I'm up, I really love the mornings. Beautiful sunny morning and I've also managed to do a swim - 30 lengths. Due date today - keep feeling for any twinges or whatever but so far nothing! At least I know it's 12 days maximum now as if it gets that far, they'll induce. Ok, off to mow the lawn! Enjoy the sunshine while it lasts!

Harry x

Tuesday, July 5th 2011, 12:18pm

hi all

well im 35 weeks today and the nesting has started the bedrooms and 1 bathroom are spottless and a huge pile of home made cakes and biscuits in the kitchen!! im exhusted now tho so will have to make the other bathroom and down stairs spottless another day. i got my 5yr old son 1st school report yesterday and wow he is soooooo clever im sooo proud of him!! how quick they grow its scary.

how is everyone? all organised and ready to go girls?? i just got my feeding bras to get now then she can come out lol
xxxxxxxxxx
TTC 4years for 2nd

ME 27 DH 38 me

bab21

ICSI diary xx

Reg: Dec 11th 2009

Children: One gorgeous little dude Harrison born 15/08/11

Tuesday, July 5th 2011, 12:21pm

Harry its your due date!!!!!! OMG how did that happen?? I cant believe you have swan 30lengths and are now mowing the lawn - amazing!

Im sitting on a conference call at work so cant be long - but wanted to drop by and say hello ladies, as aways Ive been keeping up with you all just not posting as too busy but only 2 weeks left a t work them Im free - woohoo! I suspect harry and Booboo will have give birth by then though haha!

cant believe how close we are all are its amazing and are we!!!! Who would have thought eh ladies!

Take care of those gorgeous bumps xxxx

ps Adreamz you are so fab and relaxed about this house move and camping too - your baby is going to be one chilled out bundle - I love it! xxx

ME 35, DH 34
Nat BFP 2003 m/c at 9weeks.
TTC - 5years
3 x IUI - BFN
1 x IVF October 2010

Mummy to a gorgeous wee boy Harrison born 15/08/11

Tuesday, July 5th 2011, 12:23pm

Hi mum we crossed posts! Wow send some of those cakes and biscuits my way please!!! And what a lovely clever wee boy you have there too, he will have a lot to teach his little sister when she comes!

xxx

ME 35, DH 34
TTC - 5years
3 x IUI - BFN
1 x IVF October 2010

Tuesday, July 5th 2011, 12:30pm

hi peeps.

not been on for a while myself as i've been busy nesting and preparing for buba's arrival next week : D

just been for my last mw apt and they said the chances of buba moving head down now is very small. i hope this doesn;t sound bad but i really hope she doesn;t move now. i have got my head around having a c-section and now i'm looking forward tp meeting my buba next monday. i'll be so gutted if they scan me next monday and she's turned so they cancel the section. i just keep ing thinking this time next week and i'll be a mummy!! i know i'll have a longer recovery with a section but likewise i could have a bad labour so now i'm not so bothered about been too posh to push...lol.

anyway hubby's off for most fot his week (just how his days off fall) so we're getting all prepared and the house is so clean :thumbsup: we're both so excited for next week.

harry - woohoo due date today. xfingers your little man doesn't keep you waiting too long. sorry to hear you were fed up and have a coldsore hun, its typical with the lowered imune system pregnancy gives u. hope it clears up soon so you can smother your wee man with lots of kisses when he arrives. glad your feeling better ths morning xxxx

adreamz - camping sounds fun hun. shame u couldn;t accompany it with a glass of wine..lol.i always drink my pop out of wine glasses and it gives me the feeling of drinking... ;) lol. xxx

rocky - glad your got your pushchair sorted hun. if your feeling exhausted i'd definately take some sick leave hun. get yourself to the dr's and get a note. its awful the last bit of pregnancy where u feel so tired and your still at work. my last few weeks were a nightmare. pregnancy related illness doesn;t count on your sickness recored either. don;t be over doing it hun, you have the best excuse in the world to be off sick xxxx

elizmac - ooh, that sounds painful hun :pinch: . hope the kidney stone has passed and it wasn;t too bad. yes there are benefits to an elective c section. i'm actually ok with it now. and like u say we can get organised and there are benefits. which ever way we all do it the most important thing is our LO's arriving safe. xxx

shelley - hope u and Ollie are enjoying a babymoon. bet your loving mummyhood xxx

mrsH - sounds like your loving been a busy mummy :thumbsup: xxx

Hoping - hope your doing well too hun. i saw on fb that u'd finished Nathans nursery, bet your so pleased. it looked lovely hun, fit for a little prince xxx

mum - you sound like me with the nesting...lol xxx

lozza - fab news you'll be free from work in 2 weeks, bet you can;t wait xxx

Is anyone else struggling in this heat? i'm so hot all the time and my feet and now my legs too are so swollen. i've always had bird thin legs but now i'm feeling so chunky. my mum said i look like 'Honey i blew up Danielle'.... :snigger: all worth it though but i can;t wait to get rid of this water retention.

anyway hope your all well xfingers they'll be some more announcements from a few of us in here soon : D

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tuesday, July 5th 2011, 4:13pm

Hi girls. I am quite jelous of those of you due!! I am shattered getting up to pee every hour all night! Stupid kidney stones. I feel a bit guilty for saying this but I hope my placenta is still low and I get a section at 38 weeks. I want these stones out and urology won't do anything until the baby is out!!

Not sure what to do re work next week to be honest. Will be fairly unproductive spending all day in the bathroom!!!
Suppose I should get all sorted!! Still feels a bit early though.

I would love to go for a swim now you have said that but will have to wait for hubby in case the stupid stone plays up. Pah. Not sure about mowing the lawn though!!

Good luck to those due this week!!

Liz

Tuesday, July 5th 2011, 7:29pm

lozza cakes and biscuits seem to be getting eaten fast lol when u finishing work hun?? im off now which is nice on one hand but bit boring on the other!!

booboo wow next mon!!! thats not long. so u doing the mad cleaning thing too hehe

elizmac how long you got till 38 weeks hun?? im only 35 and it feels forever but need the time to finishes the cleaning!

we went to the sea side this afternoon and for a swim in the sea!!! think baby enjoyed it as she was kicking loads but it may have just been that she was really cold!! hehe
so im deciding what to clean tomorrow!! how sad is that??
TTC 4years for 2nd

ME 27 DH 38 me

bab21

ICSI diary xx

Tuesday, July 5th 2011, 8:01pm

Hi
Mum82. Only just at 31 weeks so a bit to go. Been sore all night again. And ooh it hurts to pee!!
It does feel forever!! I really wanted to enjoy this bit of being pregnant. Had only stopped worrying it would all go wrong!!

Just had delivery of kiddicare shop. Got a babasling and a baby Bjorn. Just experimenting which one I like!!

Everyone here is s bit ahead of me. I remember now you all were on 2 Nd tri too.

Enjoy your evenings.

Wednesday, July 6th 2011, 11:32am

Just had my mw appointment and by her measurements I haven't grown in 2 week!! Got to see consultant on fri, which seems like a million years away!!! Feeling pretty glum now. Sorry no personals.

Wednesday, July 6th 2011, 11:54am

Hey adreamz don't panic too much. I have ended up getting loads of scans what with placenta and kidney stones and they always just measure the baby anyway. My bump hadn't grown for over 3 weeks and baby had grown fine over that time. The bump measurements are very vague. And mine changed by over a week just overnight when he changed position the other day!!

Liz

Wednesday, July 6th 2011, 12:22pm

Thank you liz, that's reassuring.

chatterbox

Megastar

Reg: Nov 30th 2007

Children: Two heaven sent miracles!

Wednesday, July 6th 2011, 1:06pm

I was measuring 10 days behind on baby and 2 weeks behind on bump - until my last scan... and then everythign seemed to catch up, so I'm sure she had a growth spurt a week or so ago! Try not to worry too much :cuddle:

As for me - had a scan last week and my follow this morning and its looking like a c-sec for low placenta. Con was talking of taking me in at after 36 week scan which would be quite unbearable as I live so close to the hospital :sadface:

Anyone having a c-sec decided when they're finishing work? I've given dates based on a natural birth, but I'm not sure what to do / say now?

xxx

Me 40 DH 35 TTC 10yr
peritoneal mesothelioma, cystectomy 97 & 00
peritonectomy, lost both tubes & most of left ovary Aug 07

Dec 07 BFP b/ov m/c 9.6wk
July 08 BFN
Dec 08 BFP b/ov m/c 9.6wk

July 09 BFN
Nov 09 BFP 2 x sacs 1 b/o 1 no hrtbt m/c 9.2wk
May10 BFP at 8+4 m/mc @10wk scan ERPC

Found: High NK cells, DQ Alpha match, LAD neg & PAI-1 pos...

NOV 2010 - Immune IVF at CARE Manchester
:BFP: [zx076] :girl: born 25/8/11

OCT 2012 - Immune IVF at CARE Manchester
:BFP: [zx076] :boy: born 24/6/13

Hoping77

What's Up?

Wednesday, July 6th 2011, 5:35pm

Hello everyone

Can't believe I haven't posted for a week. I thought I'd have more time now I'm on maternity leave but it's surprising how you can fill your day with lots of cleaning and getting everything ready for the arrival.

Chatterbox - I suppose it depends how much you need to get ready before the baby arrives. If it was me I'd probably want at least 2 weeks at home before having a c-section, just so I can make sure my house is spic and span and I have all the stuff I need for baby xx

Adreamz - I have friends who were told they hadn't grown for a couple of weeks or so and all was fine so try not to worry. I had a spell where I wasn't putting on any weight. Even though my bump was growing a cm a week I weighed the same for about a month and was baffled by that. I'm sure all is fine xx

Elizmac - welcome to the third tri. Do let us know what you think of the baby bjorn as my DH really wants to carry baby round in a sling and I know that one has had great reviews. How much was it? xx

Mum - LOL you sound like me, as in wondering where else in the house I can clean. I blitzed our bedroom yesterday and cleaned all the skirting boards before putting the moses basket in. I'm also buying new bedding for our bed. A swim in the sea sounds nice, especially with the hot weather we had. I bought a maternity swimming costume the other week but have yet to use it. I think I will go on Friday as I'm hoping it will relieve my aching hips xx

Booboo - are you still nesting or is all ready for next week? xx

Harry - glad you've perked up. Any sign yet? xx

Rocky - has your new pram arrived? If so is this one better? I am exactly like you with not being able to stand for long and for me it's got worse. I went shopping again yesterday but had to sit down every 10 mins or so as my lower back aches like mad and my bump feels really heavy. It really is a chore now walking around xx

Hi to anyone else I have missed. Hope you're well.

AFM - I was at the hospital yesterday for my usual check up with the diabetes midwife, consultant and peadetrician. After being told last week I would have a sweep on the 12th and if nothing happens I'd be induced around the 19th I have now been told that the doctor who said that is incorrect (someone stepping in for my usual one last week) and that they want to treat my pregnancy as normal as possible as they are happy with how I am controlling the gestational diabetes through diet So, the plan is now to go in next Tuesday and have my cervix examined, then on the 21st if I haven't gone into labour naturally by then they will do a sweep and if nothing comes of that they will look at inducing me around the 25th, which is a day after my due date. They said they are happy to let me go over by a couple of days as it should be fine.

After reading about being induced and how it can make contractions and labour more painful I am relieved they are holding off inducing me until after my due date. Plus it has taken the pressure off getting the house ready as I am still waiting for our wardrobes to be delivered so I can put all mine and Nathan's clothes away. Once that is done everything will be complete.

My parents were over at weekend and they put up the cotbed, moses basket stand, my glider chair and a curtain pole, It was such a massive help as DH and I are useless at DIY. My glider chair is brilliant. I got it off Ebay for £100 including delivery. It's white wood with cream covers and comes with a footstool. And it's brand new!

I tested our baby monitor yesterday. We ended up getting the BT 250 one rather than the Angelcare one. It seems good and easy to use.

Tomorrow I shall be getting out my Tommee Tippee sterliser kit and working out how to use that (ready for when I express bottles - hopefully!) and also the manual breast pump, which is a Philips Avent one. I hope I succeed with breast feeding but won't beat myself up about it if I resort to formula.

Anyway, that's about it from me.

Bye for now

Wednesday, July 6th 2011, 6:19pm

hello lovlies.

hoping - i've been testing out my steriliser too. i got the one you can put in the microwave, its only a little one but i'm hoping i'll only need it every now and again for expressing. i haven;t bought a breast pump yet though cos i thought i'd see if i could BF first so i don;t waste my money....hope that was the right decsion ..lol. as for been induced hun, its great they are holding off. if u do end up been induced how would you feel about an epidural? its not for everyone but my friend who got induced said it is more painful the labour compared to natural so maybe its somthing u'd want to prepare for. i don;t know about u but i'm a big baby when it comes to pain...lol. xxx

chatterbox - what date are they giving u your section hun, at 36 weeks? thats would seem early. they wanted to leave mine until 39 weeks but if i go into labout before that i just have to get straight to hospital for an emergency c section. i would say same as Hoping and have a couple of weeks off before your section to get everything ready. i will have been off 3 weeks when i have mine and its been great to make sure the house if in order and everything is ready as well as have some rest. xxx

adreamz - try not to worry yet hun. i've once went 4 weeks with no growth and buba was fine. it can depend how they are lying and sometimes it means the time before this time u must have had a growth spurt. you don;t always grow gradually but sometimes in spurts so that would be why your not measuring as grown. i think the mw's like to send us for scans to be on the side of caution, which is a good thing that you are been looked after. hope all goes well for friday. i'm sure it will be just fine hun xxx

liz - everytime u mention your kidney stone i feel so sorry for you. i'm so squeemish i think i'd pass out from thinking about it if i had one. your might feel like your far behind us in here but it goes so fast hun, you'll be near your due date before you know it. xxx

mum - ooh, swim in the sea sounds nice. you sound like most fo us in here with your nesting hun. i don't think my house has ever been so clean, its great i should be pregnant more often..lol.

AFM - dh has been off work the past few days and we have got loads done. i'm doing a room at a time and just blitzing them. skirting boards, under beds, light fittings and every corner are been cleaned as well as curtains been washed ect. i've just about done every room in the house now. i feel so good after each room has been blitzed. we've also been and bought lots of cleaning stuff and toiletries so we don;t run out when i've had my section and can't go shopping (i can send dh for food but i'm particular about toiletries ...lol).

its our 5th wedding anniversary friday so think we're going for tea then saturday its my SIL's 10th wedding anniv party so looks like this week will be a social one! think i better find some time for a relax too and not wear myself out for buba's arrival next week...lol.

i'm really enjoying the run up to buba's birth though and keep thinking 'this time next week'. xfingers buba doesnt turn cos i can;t wait to meet her on monday : D

Hope everyone is well and hopefully we'll have some more arrivals soon with harry been due now too xxxxxx

Wednesday, July 6th 2011, 8:06pm

So lovely to come on after being away to catch up with everyone's news! It really is all happening in here now - so very exciting!

Hoping - my SIL was going to be induced but all they needed to do was break her waters and she was away - had her little girl in her arms 8 hours later. You are so organised testing out all your equipment - I really need to do the same, but feel I need to get my house in order first with being away on holiday.

Booboo - fingers crossed little ones stays as she is and you can have your c-section. I wouldn't think they would change it now that it is all scheduled anyway. You, too are sounding very organised with a lovely clean house! I need to get to that stage too!

Chatterbox - not sure about time off thing, but if you are going to have a few weeks before a section at 36 ish weeks it would mean that you would need to finish in the next week or two!! The time is really flying in. Hope you are doing well lovely girl.

Adreamz - My sister had not a lot of growth with her little one towards the end and it was all totally fine. Your little one will take a spurt again, but the main thing is that they are keeping an eye on you. Thinking of you.

Liz - Sorry to hear you have kidney stones and hope they sort themselves out soon. You are not that far behind me - i'm 33 weeks and can sympathise with the getting up to pee in the early hours!

Hello and thinking about anyone else i've missed - just scrolled as far as I could go with replies.

AFM - just back from our trip home which was just wonderful. Soooo lovely to see family and close friends and to catch up with people in general. I come from a very small place and so the main topic of converstation when I went over the high street was my bump, as lots of people didn't even realise I was pregnant, let alone only got 7 weeks left!! I really want to just get my house tidied and sorted now. We are pretty sorted, but I can feel a cleaning fest coming on tomorrow and just a general sort out. My house is pretty tidy most of the time anyway, but I just want to clean, clean, clean! I've decided that i'm going to make roman blinds for the baby's room and for our room, so bought black out material to line them with when I was home. Now I just need to search the material stores for nice material and then I can get started. Hope they come out ok - I will keep you posted! Been feeling absolutely great - getting loads of Braxton Hicks (at least 4-5 ish a day with some days being more) but I am more comfortable with them now. DH and I are struggling to think of a girls name - got another couple of options, but still sussing them all out! Hope you are all well. xxx

Thursday, July 7th 2011, 10:35am

Morning Laides,
thank you all for your great support, I really dont think I could have got through this pregnancy without you all!!!
Chatterbox, Do they really have to c-section you so early if you have a low placenta or will they just monitor from 36weeks? I'm hoping that I get a scan on friday so I can see my LO again, although I'm worried that might find something that is wrong (am I just over ancious?)
Hoping, you sound very organised!! I'm thinking of getting the angelcare monitor for piece of mind, why did you c hange your mind? Has anyone used the Kiddiecare website before? If so are they reliable? I'm glad to hear that they are going to let you labour naturally, must mean baby is a good size!!
Booboo, enjoy all your anniversary celebrations. Our 4th wedding anniversary is 6 days before my due date, so I have been buying gifts now just incase baby is early (would hater for DH not to have anything when he has been such a great support for me). Can't believe you will be seeing you LO on monday, ahhh its so exciting!!!!
Amazing grace, glad you had a good holiday home, now is time to put your feet up (well after you have had your cleaning frenzy haha). I get loads of braxton Hicks too in fact on sunday thought it might be it as they were coming every hour (mind you they dont hurt so I would have been a very good labourer if that was the case). Your sound very good if you can make your own blinds, I wish i was in my new home so that I could start thinking about things like blinds!!
AFM: Need to keep busy today. Not got any plans until 5pm when I meeting up with friends. DH has told me to pack at least 2 boxes for our move and I want to go to my dads and go thorugh all the big bits my sister has sent up for me. On tuesday I went through all the clothes she had sent, there was a massive bag just full of 0-3months!! I picked out all the neutral coloured small ones and intend to wash them ready for our LO's arrival. After my MW appointment went shopping to buy the essentials but felt very deflated. I have put off doing anything thta could possibly jinx me and then after I sort through the baby clothes I'm measured small :-( However I still bought the moses basket mattress, nipple cream, muslins and bibs!!! My mum also bought some wool to make a blanket (seriously it is not cheaper to knit that buy she spent £25!!!). Anyway I'll keep popping in today to see how everyone is getting on.
Take care xxx
The thing that is really keeping me going it that my baby moves loads!! and I love it :happy:

Thursday, July 7th 2011, 11:21am

Adreamz. Kiddicare is an amazing website!! I have got pretty much everything from 2 orders with them. It comes the next day and you get texted the hour it's going to get delivered. Pretty much everything is loads cheaper than the shops!! Be a bit careful with the apnoea alarms you can only use them on foam mattresses and if there is a hard board underneath them. As soon as the baby has outgrown the Moses basket and goes into a cot it won't work. Well unless you have a foam cot mattress. Most of them are sprung I think. we used them in the paeds ward when I was training but only for the prems or babies with breathing problems. I was debating it but thought it was a lot of money for 3 months. Suppose there is eBay to sell them. good luck for your scan on Friday.

Amazing grace it's good to find someone else due the same time ish!!

I am hoping I have passed my stone. Felt a but weird peeing last night snd all symptoms vanished this morning. But after passing the last one I can't really believe I wasn't aware of it coming out regardless of it being in the middle of the night!
Really hoping it's gone. Fingers crossed. Can't wait to get back to work!! Never thought I'd be saying that!!

Anyway am off to drink another few litres of water just in case!
Liz x

Hoping77

What's Up?

Thursday, July 7th 2011, 11:43am

Me again :hi:

I'm reading that lots of you are having braxton hicks and several times a day. I really don't think I have experienced any up to now. The only thing I have had is when I am lay down I can feel a side of my belly going a bit sore and I know as soon as I get up it will tighten and hurts more but then eases when I walk around. This has only happened though a handful of times and I haven't had more than one in a day. I'd say I get them about once or twice a week on average. Are these braxton hicks or practice contractions? Is there a difference? I had my first one at about 31 weeks I think.

Just had my toe nails done - with gel white tips!! Want them to look pretty while they're up in the air and I'm giving birth LOL :winking:

Thursday, July 7th 2011, 11:51am

Elizmac, that is quite interesting, does that go for all the apnoea alarms? Will have a think. My main concern with the angelcare is that it is analogue and not digital!! Hope that stone is well and truely out of your system.
Hoping, sounds like braxton hicks which I am led to believe is the same as a practice contraction. Apparently they start as early as 12 weeks but some people can feel them more than others!! You really made me laugh out loud about your nails. I want to get my bikini line done before labour as I now officially cannot see it to do anything with it!!! Not sure when to book myself in though!!
Another question. When should you start the following:
1. Perinium massage?
2. Red leaf tea?
3. Arnica tablet?
This is the problem with too much time on my hands, it makes me think far too much!!!

Hoping77

What's Up?

Thursday, July 7th 2011, 12:16pm

Although I was tempted to get the Angelcare movement board I just decided that I probably am being too paranoid, though god forbid if my son is born with any kind of breathing problems I will definitely get one. The BT one got a great review and after testing it I am really pleased with it.

Adreamz - you have made me laugh re your bikini line :laugh: This morning I was sat in front of a mirror, legs open, trying to shave mine and it was a mammoth task LOL! I have a trimmer and like to trim it all but it is proving difficult with a big bump in the way hence having to face a mirror. Not a pleasant sight I must say and I was thinking OMG that is the view the doctors and nurses are going to get when I'm in labour LOL! DH is definitely staying at the top end that's for sure!! :chortle:

Re the 3 things you asked about I'm not sure but I visited a friend yesterday who had a baby on Friday and she started drinking raspberry leaf tea about a week or so before she went into labour, just 2 cups a day, and she is thinking that is what helped her have a quick birth - less than 2 hours in total!! It was that quick she didn't make it to the hospital, he was born in her downstairs loo!! She thought she needed a poo but really it was the baby coming out!! It was her 2nd so probably why it was super quick but she was surprised at how quick it was and reckons the tea helped. She gave me a box to try, which I will start next week as I don't want it to bring on labour just yet LOL!

Thursday, July 7th 2011, 6:27pm

Hoping - Braxton hicks and practice contractions are just the same thing. Apparantly we get them from as early on as 9-12 weeks, but don't feel them until later on. I started around 30 weeks with mine, some people get loads, some don't get any - just depends and varies person to person. I experience what I can only describe as a wave of the contraction. They aren't really sore, some are a bit like dull AF pains low down, but some have no feeling at all. It comes, peaks and then fades. It always involves a real hardening of the stomach - sometimes all over, sometimes just a particular area. They don't last that long and can be brought on by doing too much or if you have a full bladder. I am so much more chilled about mine now!!
I'm with you and Adreamz on the shaving front!! Much tackle it somehow before the birth!

Adreamz - I would get going with the perinium massage - I am yet to start, but am going to tonight before bed. Better to do it for a longer time than shorter I think. What are arnica tablets?

AFM - Not a lot to report really. Having an early night tonight as shattered! Going to pamper my privates with perinium massage and do pelvic floors. Really must get better at doing them!! Not had so many BH's today, but i've been busy, so not been thinking about it so much. Ohhh in saying that - one has just come on!! Been catching up with friends, cleaning and not much else! Hope you are all doing ok xxx

Reg: Nov 12th 2008

Children: One gorgeous little boy 2011

Friday, July 8th 2011, 9:15am

Hey all!

Can't believe how close we all are now!

One more week till I finish work :dancing:

Chatter, that does seem early to be having a section, sorry to hear it though.

Elizmac, kidney stone sounds painful :sadface: hopefully you have passed it now!

Regarding the lady garden debate :snigger: I've always preferred the natural look, as I've got really sensitve skin so in the past have had some nasty rashes and soreness when trying to "tidy up" :snigger: so am leaving it, but worried what medical staff will think [zx062]

Had my 32 week review at the hospital on Wed, all is ok, cons said baby is head down which is good, I knew something had changed as was feeling hiccups low down and his kicks had swapped sides! She tested my wee and it turned the paper purple so she sadi I may have a water infection, and she has it sent away... not noticed any symptoms tho, I am leaking an awful lot and had to invest in some tena lady, have had flu symptoms for over a week and got an annoying tickly cough which really doesn't do my pelvic floor any good!! Seeing midwife this morning for 32 week apt so will mention it to her.

I must be very lucky cos I am not suffering with backache at all! Even though I am all bump! Suppose the heartburn is making up for it. I have to take Gaviscon 4 times a day to keep on top of the crampy pains in my upper back... :sadface:

We are virtually ready now, flat is all decorated, will go out for last minute bits once I finish work as want some more blankets and toiletries, hospital bag is more or less packed. We started some classes tues nite, first one is about labour, I knew most of it tho as read a lot of books :snigger: she did say they leave you to go 12 days over at this hosp, and they only have one birth pool :sadface: We have got another 2 to go to, next weeks is pain relief and last one will be parentcraft.

Me 36 DF 30
TTC since 97
Dec 2010 IVF :BFP:

one :heart: seen 6+3 & 11+2 & 13+2 &20+2

bab22

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Shelbie" (Jul 8th 2011, 9:18am)

Friday, July 8th 2011, 10:45am

Hi. Well stone not passed but symptoms gone for now so not complaining!! Hopefully back to work for 3 more weeks !
Shelbie forget about your lady bits!! Although I am a gp now I did 4 years of surgery and no body cares!! There are some very minging dirty smelly people out there so a bit of hair is nothing!!! Only reason to chop it is if getting a section just to avoid the midwife doing it with a dry razor and getting stubble rash afterwards!!! And if you get stitches if you tear it's easier with less hair but certainly dont worry what anyone thinks!!

Going for a swim today I think. Feeling a bit whale like. God know how I can grow for another 9 weeks!!! Need to do some exercise. All this yucky cellulite has appeared on my thighs. I never had any before. Maybe it's err all the chocolate cake I keep having for breakfast!!! Oh well too late now.

Have a good day
Liz

Friday, July 8th 2011, 12:57pm

Hiya Ladies,

Really cant believe how you are all coming along! Some more pain free than other I think but I guess we are all different.

Liz Im glad to hear your symptoms have passed for now and lets hope you have a bit more of a pain free journey now! Thanks for leeting us know about the lady garden debate - its nice to hear that no one really cares as its the last thing I do want to be thinking off when there is a watermelon coming out!!! Although I am booked in for a full leg and bikini wax on the 26th July and the baby is due on the 28th - so who knows if I will actually make it or if he comes late 2 weeks late then it will all be grwoing back in??? Oh well more important things to worry about really haha! Enjoy your swim - I keep meaning to go and never quite made it yet, I have a swimming suit just sitting there but I do finish work a week today - WOOHOO so I may go then.

Shelbie - you are so nice and organised with the your back packed and flat all decorated Im very impressed and now feel even more disorganised! I havent packed my bag yet eeek and I only have 3 weeks to go!!!

AG so nice to have you back on hear and fantastic to hear you such a great time over here! Very impressed you are making blinds - I wish I was so creative! name wise we still havent decided either, at least we know its a boy as if I had to have a think of both boys and girls names I think we would do insane! We havent spoken about it for a whule and just hoping when the wee man arrives we just look at him and say....blah blah! Perinaial massage really is a bugger isnt it and Im forever forgetting at pelvic floor but needs must and if it makes things easier then Im all for it! Oh and arnica tablets are meant to help with any bruising etc you get down below - there is also cream but I dont reckon we will be wanting to rub cream on those bits for quite some time after our wee ones are born! Oh meant to say did you ge tthe hypnobirthing cd and book - the Marie Mongan one?

Hoping - Im with you on the Braxton Hicks Im not really aware of having many, just my belly goes tight every now and again but Im not really aware of it unless I touch my bump! Sonds like you are all lovely and organised too - its really not long now is it! Thanks for the tip about your friend and the raspberry leaf tea - I bought some on Monday but its just sitting in the cupboard - will wait another few weeks before having a few cups a day. her labour sounds bloody brilliant - hope it happens to me!!!

Booboo - happy anniversary today lovely! We celebrated our 5th one last week, was lovely! if all goes to plan and bay doesnt turn I cant believe she will be here on MONDAY!!!! wow!!!! How are you feeling? You also sound super organised so Im guessing you can try and relax this weekend and get ready for your new arrival in a few more sleeps!

Chatterbox - have you had any more conversations with the midwife about your little one and the proposed c-section? Hope you are ok and not worrying too much (easier said than done I know). Are you feeling well though? Ive followed your journey for such a long time and cant believe your wee girl is going to be here soon!

mum - how are you doing?

Harry - any news, any news? Hope all is well.

Hello to all you other lovely ladies!

AFM - 1 week today and I finish work and literally cant wait. Have the painter coming in on Monday 18th to start on the nursery, bathroom and kitchen, getting carpets cleaned on Thursday 21st - picking up our nursery furniture on the 23rd - so hopefully by the Sunday it will look like my little boys room! His crib is all built and set up in our room and Ive washed all of his clothes and blankets and towels etc so organised on that front if he comes early. Ive got the midwife coming to my house today just to go through my birth plan again for a wee check up so she should be hear any minute now. Also really enjoying having pregnancy reflexology (done by one of the midwives at the hospital), having it once a week now to try and soften my cervix and prepare my body for labour. mmm apart from that nit much to report, still feeling fine, no back ache or really bad indigestion or anything so hoping that all lasts but as Ive said before I think maybe someone is looking out for me after the terrible 4 months I had in the beginning with being in hospital for over a month with OHSS etc. Had 2 friends both have c-sections last week, 1 was becasue the baby was a whopping 11lbs 4oz and the other had pre-eclampsia and had a tiny 5lbser but both mummies and babies are doing very very well and I cant wait to join the club!

Take care all xxx

ME 35, DH 34
TTC - 5years
3 x IUI - BFN
1 x IVF October 2010

Friday, July 8th 2011, 2:18pm

Lorraine - I ordered the Marie Mongan Hypnobirthing book and have been reading it, although still to put the CD on - might I tackle that tonight. Really enjoying it and just reading the book is calming me, but goodness knows how i'll react when I'm actually in labour! I have been practising a little with the breathing when I've get a stronger BH (not that they are ever really that strong!) and just hope that when push comes to shove (literally!!) that all keeps me as calm as can be. How are you finding it? Think i'll order myself some of those arnica tablets - probably can't get them here, but they sound good. I have booked to have acupuncture from week 37 for similar reasons to you having reflexology. I think they just advertise acupuncture more here than reflexology - my SIL had reflexology in the UK and found it really helpful. I had it weekly just before and during our cycle and trust my acupunturist completely - plus she is a midwife, which helps. You sound very organised - well done you!

Liz - so pleased that the symptoms have gone and hopefully that stone will pass soon - what a pain! Good to hear all about the lady bits - I can't really get too near mine just now, but might just try and have a little trim up! Are you and Lorraine both Scottish? I am too!

Shelbie - You are sounding very organised too! Sounds like your nest is well and truly ready for your little one - super exciting!

AFM - Had a busy day with a long list of "to do's" but not got much done! Met a friend for lunch and it ended up being quite extended, but really lovely then I didn't have much time, but did have a look through the shops. Nothing really to buy for baby as can't really buy any more until we know what we are having. I have chosen and bought material for my blinds, so will be getting on with those soon and I treated myself in the accessories sale to a half price bag and 3 pairs of earings! I have printed my list for my hospital bag, which is a start and am away tonight to order little bits and pieces that I need. Also, going to do a plan for freezer meals and plan a bit of a cook fest tomorrow. Is anyone else totally shattered? I am really tired, but not sleeping well at night as can't really get comfortable, but i'm thinking it might also be to do with my thyroid as my medication keeps needing to be put up/changed and maybe i'm just a bit all over the place with that. Got a friend coming round for a cuppa soon, so might go and grab 40 winks before she comes. Am hoping I get more done tomorrow with my day!

Was feeling very emotional coming into town in the car just thinking about the birth, the fact that I've only 6 and half weeks left and the fact that we are going to meet our little one soon. I honestly have been so much more balanced in pregnancy (i'm usually the most emotional person around!) but I just feel like all i'm going to do is cry after I have our baby and can finally see him and know that he is safe, well and ours! Just thinking about it makes me all teary!

Anyway, better go for now - thinking of you all and hope you are all well lovely mums to be! xxx

Friday, July 8th 2011, 3:02pm

Hi ladies

lozza - wowza's....your friend had a baby over 11lb?? Did he come out toddling..lol. glad your friends and there babies are doing well. my cousin had pre-eclampsia and has fits and before she got to hospital. she had it at 31 weeks though so her wee man was born very premature. a little 5lber sounds healthy enough though...bless. bet you can;t wait to finish work. the past 3 weeks of my mat leave has flown, yours will be here before you know it. its great been able to be at home getting everything ready then resting when you like.

Liz - u mentioned taking off the hair for a c-section. my friend suggested this to me but i was just going to tidy up and make sure its neat and not too high. i don;t have to take it all off do I?? if i do i think i'd rather the mw do it so it doesn;t look like i usually have nothing...lol. i hate the no hair at all look it makes me blush...lol. hope your symptoms stay away hun and your not in pain again. we get enough pregnancy syptoms as it is never mind other things making it uncomfortable.

shelby - i'm with u on the gaviscon. i've been drinking it by the bottle for months. i'm hoping the indigestion will go completely after next week when LO has arrived. and as for the lady garden, like liz said hun, its only a bit of hair. before i was booked for a section my mum actually said to me ' u better not be trimming your bikini line too much cos its better to look natural in labour and not porn-fied' :8o: it made me laugh that my mum was concerned about my bikini line...lol.

A grace - glad your enjoyed your time at hom, bet it was lovely catching up with everyone. i'm same as you for girls names hun. i have a list of about 8....lol. i just can;t decide which and i'm hoping when she arrives it will just come to us. there's so many nice girls names to choose from and i'm trying to pick one that isn;t in the top 30 so she won;t be one of many in a class at school....also the names u like always end up been taking by people you know don;t they..lol. oh and as for been emotional, i can't even think about buba without crying...lol. so i know what u mean. i think when u've waited for them for so long it really does get emotional just thinking about meeting them.

adramz - thinking about you today hun. hope your scan goes well.

harry - any signs of labour yet hun?

hoping- i've had hardly any braxton hicks. i just get like period pains every now and again but i think its the weight of the bump that does it too. i saw your bump pic on fb, its very neat and lovely. i bet you back in your jeans within weeks after the birth.

afm - its my wedding anniv today and its dh's last day at work for pat leave. so tonight we're going for some tea at a country pub he's found. we're both so excited for monday. so far i think buba is still breech so xfingers we're ready to rock and roll on monday...heehee.

i got my buggy from dh's mums yesterday and took it to my mums to save until monday (cos she lives closer). my mum always goes on about how she prefers the car seats on wheels to the carry cots and how we should use that when buba is here. but i was told by mw that they are only supposed tbe be in a car seat for 2 hours at a time so they shouldonly be used instead of the carry cot for short trips out. then my mum started saying how i'll drive myself mad going by the book ect..... but surely if a mw tells u not to have a baby in a car seat for over 2 ours everyday then you should listen. has anyone else heard about the 2 hour car seat rule??

anyway hope your all well and have ready for the weekend. i'll pop back later to see how adreamz scan has gone.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Friday, July 8th 2011, 3:34pm

Well scan showed baby was slightly small so I've got to have a scan next week to monitor fluid and a scan the following week for growth. If baby is growing steady they with let me go full term then induce me, if not they will plan to induce me at 38 weeks!! That is less than 4weeks time and we haven't moved yet (don't panic!!). Just a waiting game now!!
Amazing grace you reminded me that I must do my pelvic floor muscles!! Arnica is suppose to help your bits recover better after birth I think.
Hoping, you make me laugh. Can you imagine the sights they must see!!! Feel like I should have it shaved into a heart shape or something!!
Shelbie, you found very organised!! Hope the water infection clears up.
Liz, I have cellulite now too, just hope it goes once they baby is here!!!
Lozza, I borrowed hypnotherapy book too, cd is calming but could do with doing it more frequently!!
Booboo, the 2 hour rule for the car seat is because of the babies posture, I'm definately going to follow it.
Have a good day ladies xxx

Friday, July 8th 2011, 4:59pm

hi all

adreamz can start the tea and massage now hun!!! and the arnica i took during labour and after stitches!!! hope all goes well with ur scans next week! i have another growth scan next week too!! cant wait

booboo wow monday!!! thats not long at all, i was told the 2hr thing before think its cos they are kidda sitting in a funny positon and not good for tooo long! but we drove to italy with my son 4months old just had regular stretch stops but much more than 2 hrs & he is fine!!

amazing graze i feel like busting into tears all the time at the moment!!! but was like this in my last preg too but was fine after birth!!

lozza bet u cant wait till next week!! how long have u got left now?

AFM contractions eased off midwife thinks she knows what brought them on and i will be staying away from hubby and BD for a while now hehehe. i have finally changed my midwife! final straw was she had forgot to book me in for appointment on thursday and she gone on holiday! i was already seeing her 1 week late because she got dates wrong! but id had enough and asked to change midwifes!!! lets hope the nest one is good! ive been on a school trip to the beach in the rain with my sons class of 5year old today so im exhusted now! still got the kitchen to clean cupboards and fridge so should tackle that next week then im ready for LO to arrive if she wishes :)
TTC 4years for 2nd

ME 27 DH 38 me

bab21

ICSI diary xx

Friday, July 8th 2011, 5:02pm

Boo boo. Am laughing sorry. No you don't need to get rid of all if it. Top cm or so only!! So u can have a nice neat triangle!! I am ignoring mine til the week before then can tackle it with some hair removal cream. Apparently you can buy stencil cards with pattern on and can make all kinds of pretty shapes!! Am sure you would make some midwives day if you did that!!

I am not worrying too much about the car seat thing as long as its not in it for hours When they are that little you will be getting them out to feed them all the time anyway and I figured once they are 10 weeks or so they can go in my buggy seat which lies flat so I haven't bothered with a pram attachment as it was an extra 200 pound!! I did find a really cute snuggly thing that they lie on that clips in the buggy or car seat to support them and the head so their spines arnt so curved. think it was called something naff like the snuzzler.
Adreamz that doesn't sound too bad hey I hope your little one has a wee growth spurt!

I am busy stressing over my first stretch Mark I discovered this morning. I thought I may get away with it but no. Pah. Off to get the Shea butter out.
Am also trying to teach my husband to paint my toenails. Don't think he has a budding career there!
Liz

United Kingdom

Saturday, July 9th 2011, 7:13am

Hello! Wow, a busy day on here yesterday and so hard to keep up!

Lozza - can't believe you think you're disorganised?! A decorator coming to do your nursery, kitchen and bathroom also having your carpets cleaned?!! Sounds organised to me! And re the hospital bag, I reckon I packed mine at about 38.5 weeks and certainly haven't needed it....yet...How are you finding the hypnobirthing? I've been reading the Marie Mongan book and listening to the CD too - really like it. Did the relaxation and 'falling in love with your baby' thing on Thursday morning and felt so wonderfully chilled out afterwards - until my Mum called bombarding me with questions about what the midwife had said the day before and when they'd take me into hospital for induction...aghhhhhhhh

AG - I can empathise completely with thinking you can get more done in a day than you can. Meeting up with a friend, even locally, usually wipes out 2 to 3 hours and by the time you've done that, tidied up a bit (after DH in my case...!) had a much needed rest etc. , there's hardly any time left in the day. I've settled for doing little bits and bobs as and when I can i.e. have a rest, get up and do a little bit of sorting, have another rest etc.

Booboo - happy wedding anniversary for yesterday. A very special few days ahead of you both. Don't know about everyone else but I think all the treatment puts a lot of pressure on our relationships but coming out of all of that, I appreciate and feel closer to DH more than ever. These last few days over due date have been quite special time - yes, I'm excited about LO coming along but it has felt like a luxury, a bit of unexpected time with DH and we've had nice time chilling in the evenings (normally wouldn't have time as my work is normally mental), some sweet 'bonding' with our LO (e.g. talking and making up songs to my bump to ask LO when he is going to come out - glad he can't read this to find out I'm telling you that!) etc.

Hello to Shelbie, Hoping, Elizmac and anyone else I've missed!

As for signs...well, a show this morning, or at least I think that's what it was. Also a bit of lower back pain, bit of light cramping. Keeping an eye on it. Have read about people having a show and then having the baby later that night and others for whom a show happened a week in advance! Either way, going to put off the swim today as I don't think you're supposed to once the plug is out and just keep pootling. Maybe not go too far from home - don't fancy waters breaking on a busy Saturday in the centre of Kingston....Still booked in for home birth and had really wanted to avoid the weekend if at all possible as you could get any of the on-call midwives rather than the lovely team who have been looking after me so far but LO doesn't seem to care too much about that! ;)

Have a great Saturday and just in case I'm not back on here today/tomorrow, all the very best on Monday BooBoo!

Harry x

Saturday, July 9th 2011, 3:26pm

Wow Harry - you sound so calm and collected given that you've had your show!! I will be watching this space and thinking of you very much.

Booboo - super excited for you lovely girl - only a few more days until you meet your lovely little girl. I won't be keeping my little one in the car seat for very long, just short shopping trips and seeing people etc. Like Liz says you'll be taking them out often to feed and change, so it probably won't be a problem anyway. I have heard that it isn't good for their spine development, but I suppose the main thing is to keep them in varied positions anyway. Hope you are enjoying your last few days as a family of 2 before becoming a family of 3!

Hope everyone else is doing well. xxx

AFM - I've been on ebay and ordered arnica! When do I need to take it? If I take it during labour will it harm the baby? Having a bit of a cooking fest today to start filling the freezer. Chocolate chip cookies (for unexected visitors), sweet potato and carrot soup and asparagus and ham quiche all done and dusted. Going to do a lasagne and a chicken curry tomorrow, as well as another roasted veg quiche and spicy lentil and carrot soup.

I am totally shattered and am finding it hard to get out of bed in the morning! Once i'm up and showered then I seem to get more energy, but its the getting up that is the problem! I think it is mainly because I am not sleeping well at all, so tossing and turning all night then not ready for the morning! Just doing what my body needs and resting up when I can, then I get a spurt like my little cooking fest! Off out to a friends for a BBQ - made some extra chocolate chip cookies to take with me. Apart from that a pretty chilled out weekend ahead. xxx

Hoping77

What's Up?

Saturday, July 9th 2011, 7:30pm

AG - I'm very jealous of all your cooking. I am useless at cooking and DH is happy to make all the food so I have never really felt the need to learn though maybe now I am at home for the next year I will try and teach myself some recipes. I get emotional too thinking about my LO. I suddenly feel overwhelmed at what is happening and how far I have come. I think the hormones make me more emotional too. Hope you have a nice time at t he BBQ xx

Harry - you do sound very chilled considering you had a show. I hope this is the start of the labour for you hun xx

Adreamz - I hope your scan next week goes OK hun. Try not to worry, I'm sure your LO will be fine. Have you got a date for moving yet? xx

Booboo - belated happy anniversary. Are you feeling excited about Monday? I bet you will hardly sleep tomorrow night LOL! Can't wait to hear news of the arrival xx

Lorraine - can't believe you're working up to 38 weeks. I finished at 35 weeks and was so glad as the journey to work was becoming a struggle xx

Shelbie - lucky you not getting back ache. Mine aches if I sit for too long or if I walk for too long. Re the heartburn I have that after every meal and have been drinking tons of chilled milk. It soothes it more than Gaviscon. Hope your 32 week check up went ok xx

Hello to anyone else I have missed. And hello to all the recent mummies, hope you're enjoying time at home with your precious babies.

So next is Booboo and Harry isn't it? And then is it me and Lorraine? Though I suppose any of us could give birth at any time - eeeekkk!!

I've been thinking a lot about labour this week - when it will happen, will it hurt, how will I cope with the pain, the usual worries I guess. My wardrobes haven't arrived yet but will hopefully be here on Tuesday. All I have left to do is put all his clothes in the wardrobe and drawers and then the nursery is complete and I can relax and look forward to labour. I really don't want him to come before the wardrobes are here cos it will just stress me out knowing I haven't got everything ready. Even though DH tells me people will help if he comes early I would prefer to sort it all myself as I'm a bit anal when it comes to organisation and like things my way.

Hope you're all having a lovely weekend anyway.

Sunday, July 10th 2011, 9:01am

Mum82- well you now how to induce your pregnancy!! Don't think my DH will be helping me with that, he finds it too wierd!!! Well done on doing a school trip, that must have been exhausting.
Liz,, thats great that Dh is going to paint your nails. I might treat myself nearer to the time and have a pedicure but all these things are adding up and I really should be saving my pennies!!!
Harry, I didn't know that once you have a show you shouldn't swim (makes sense I suppose), I hope that you are there now pushing your LO out.
Amazing grace, how did you manage all that cooking? Ive been told that you should only start arnica in labour but others might disagree, tried looking it up on internet but very contriversal there so think I'm going to leave it till labour.
Hoping, try not to get too stressed over the wardrobe, remember that adrenaline delays labour so stay calm, everything will work out in the end (trust me we haven't even chosen anything for the nursery yet and I would love to have had it all set up before the baby arrives!!)
AFM: getting a bit panicky about wether to go for this angelcare monitor or not. Read loads of really good reviews, but a couple of sad ones. Also noticed you have to put a hard board underneath so wouldnt really want to out that in the moses basket and if I'm not using it straight away then I'm not sure that I want to use it at all. What monitors has everyone ese gone for? Sorry to keep going on about the same think but this is something that I find really important and so hard to make.
Have a good day ladies and BooBoo only 1 day left before your Lo comes to say hello, good luck xxx

Reg: Jan 16th 2011

Children: Our beautiful angel Evie and her new baby sister Isla, our wee rainbow.

Sunday, July 10th 2011, 12:51pm

Hi Ladies

Think it's time i moved over here to join you on 3rd tri. I'm 28+2 wks today. It's all so exciting here with LO's arriving. I've got a bit to go yet but think it's going to go much quicker now, the 2nd tri seemed to last forever!!

Been feeling our little girl wriggle loads and loads, never mind 10 movements in 10 hours, i feel 10 kicks in 30 minutes most days but all has gone very quiet this morning and i'm feeling really unnerved cos she's been so active over the last few days. Hopefully she's just starting to run out of space.

Adreamz, i completely understand why new parents would want to buy an apnoea monitor but we always tried to put mum's off from getting one when i worked on the SCBU. It's always better not to rely on machines and to physically look at your baby if you're worried. Newborn baby's can breathe quite erratically and this is totally normal and so they could set off the alarm and cause you total panic for no reason. If baby is in your room with you then there's no real need for one. Obviously, you need to do what is right for you. [zx127]

Anyway, hope you are all having a lovely Sunday and i'm going to read back a bit and catch up with you all.

xxx

Sunday, July 10th 2011, 6:38pm

Rallygirl - Lovely to see you over in the 3rd trimester!! How is the new house and village? Hope you're settling in well and welcome to the third trimester! It will just fly in for you!

Adreamz - I got a little panicky about the whole angel monitor thing a few weeks back and I think it was because lots of my friends and people on here had been talking about it and I was worried that I should have one too. Personally, I decided against getting one ages ago purely because I know i'll be nervous and checking on baby all the time anyway, so once I had thought about it again I felt at ease about it. Write down why you do/don't want one and then make a decision and go with it. Many people get them and love them, many people don't and manage just as well without. Again, with most things it's a personal decision, so go with what will make you feel most at ease with. I went for the Summer video monitor - I think it was the most expensive one! Video camera moves around and everything!

Hoping - Sounds like you are all organised and like me have been thinking about the birth a lot. These are all natural worries. I'm trying to get my hynobirthing CD to help me with it all, but worries will always be there. My worry is that they say you are as you are in labour and I have to say I am a complete panicker! Not looking good for me reallly, unless I can try and work some miracles beforehand!

AFM - Was feeling super emotional yesterday evening, but I think it was mostly down to reading stuff I shouldn't have, won't go into it as it is too depressing - especially as time is ticking on and I just have this overwhelming desire for everything to be good with baby and me with up until and including the birth. Feeling a lot better about it all today and mental note to self is to stay away from reading stuff that will upset me!

Had a bit of a lazy day, but also got loads done too! Got up around 10 ish which isn't bad for me just now! Have been scrubbing the whole of the downstairs today and it is looking sparkly clean! Our house is mostly open-plan downstairs, so been cleaning the living/dining/kitchen area, bathrooms/entrance and utility room. Not washed the floors as didn't have the energy and so put it on my little list of things to do for DH when he gets home. Cleaning the windows is on there too! Tomorrow i'll tackle upstairs, which isn't as bad, but have a few things to sort out in the nursery and going to put start putting aside stuff for my hospital bag in the guest room to keep it out the way.

Had another cook fest today, so freezer is getting nicely stocked. Made a roasted veg quiche, spicy lentil and carrot soup, lasagne and good old mince that can be taken out and made into a cottage pie. Tomorrow i'll do the chicken dishes - think i'll do a chicken root veg casserole and a chicken curry. Also planning on making some more goodies in the way of more chocolate chip cookies and brownies, so that I don't have to think about anything for guests coming over.

Tonight I am going to relax and listen to my hypnobirthing CD and read my book!! Hope you've all had lovely weekends! Looking forward to hearing Booboo's news tomorrow and I wonder how Harry is getting on? Thinking of you both very much. xxx

Monday, July 11th 2011, 3:34am

hey lovelies.
Not had time to nip on much this weekend so thought i'd do it now while i can't sleep....lol.

I'm just laid in bed with the butterflys. This excitement is worse than any xmas or my wedding!

I'm all set for tomorrow. House all tidy. Everything ready for buba and bags packed. I've even neatend my bikini line but oh crap have i made a mess of it....lol. Think i took too much off in some places....so ladies beware with the immac when u do your own...lol.

Can't belive tomorrow i should get to meet my baby girl....fingers crossed she hasn't turned..

Sorry for no personals but i'm on my phone and think i might try and sleep some more.

Speak to u all soon lovelies and hope your all well xxxxxx

7 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

7 guests