You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Oct 30th 2010

Tuesday, June 21st 2011, 9:38am

wow so much has happened on here since I was last on how exciting.
Congratulations Suki, that labour sounds amazing, although I bet DH was sad that he missed it. I'm definately going to be doing the perineum massage and I've printed off some guidelines this morning but it sound horrid!! I'm glad you are all OK though.
Rocky that is terrible with your pram, are you sure that it is not just a faulty one?, why not get another or go and try the same one out in the shop to see if it is the model before you start look for another type. Keep happy, we have 8 weeks to go :-)
Amazing grace, maternity leave how exciting, enjoy the BBQ, I hope the weather is better for you than here!!
Booboo, the grandparents all sound very excited, but they are probably not remembering that when a baby is born they are very needy of thir mothers. We were advised at NCT not to have too many people visit for the first 3 weeks as you are more likely to develop baby blues unless they are really close and a good support. I know my mil expects to come over lots and I've said she can take the baby for a walk while I get some sleep but she would never expect to take the baby for the whole day (and if she did she may loose her rights to have the baby at all!!!) So just be strong and tell them now that taking them for a walk with or without you will probably be all they get for the first few months!!
Shelly, keep relaxing today, it may happen naturally but if it needs induction then go for it honey, fingers crossed for you.
Hoping, sounds like it could have been a practice contraction (apparently these are different from braxon hicks in they are painful, waterbirth is definately the way I want to go, I just hope that it will be free when I get there. You might want to try tens machine before in the latent stage as you can't get into water until 4cm as it will slow labour down (and we dont want that!!). Stay happy
Harry, good idea to think 42 weeks as I think a due date really put pressure on you!! Hope the to do list is going down :-)
Mum82, where do you even get the claary sage oil and what does it do (i've not heard of that one!!)
AFM: officially on annual leave now so if I didn't want to go back to work till end of april I don't have to woohoo however, I did any extra yesterday and have 6 more to go!!
House move is going slow, we are waiting probate to come through and no-one really know how long this takes. Our solicitor thinks realistically it could be 3-4 weeks which means I'll be 36 weeks pregnant, not great!!! If only they would give me a date I think I wuold be happy. Oh well started packing and lots to do!!!! (still keeping my xfingers for 7th!!)
Off to yoga this morning then NHS antenatal class, its a bit of a ruch but I want to do them both so just means I cant wash me hair!!
Have a good day everyone xxx
Adreamz :xxx3:

Reg: Jul 15th 2009

Children: one perfect little girl

Tuesday, June 21st 2011, 10:09am

Morning ladies

thought i'd pop on before my mw apt. its funny how i get less time on here when i'm on mat leave and i was on all the time at work....just shows how much i used to skive...lol.

hoping - don't worry hun i also feel really uncomfortable. i think its normal to feel like that at our stage as we technically are in the back end of it now. i hobble when i walk and my knees hurt as well as my ankles cos they are so swollen...... we're nearly there though hun. sounds like you have lots to keep you busy on your mat leave. great news your cot and pram arrived....hope yours didn;t have the mattress missing like mine..lol. I'm jelous of your plans for when u have had LO.... sounds perfect to not have guests for the first week or so.i'm really worried about been bombarded with guests and its making me a bit anxious. i know full well dh's parents will expect to be up alot after complaining they've only seen there great grandson 2 times in a week and my buba is there grandchild so maybe they'll expect more :8o: I might just have to say everyone can visit once (cos there's alot of them including his sisters and there kids) and then leave us to it for a week or so. It was my FIL who was on about 'giving me a day off' and taking the baby and yes he was talking about when she was newborn believe it or not. its not going to happen anyway. xxx

mum - great news your mat leave is thursday :thumbsup:

shelley - good luck for tomorrow hun. i hope u go into labour naturally first but at least u are all booked in if he's too comfy in there xx

Harry - i'll take your advice about relaxing hun, just make sure your doing some yourself too hun. like u say all baby needs is somewhere to sleep, nappies, clothes and a couple off boobs :snigger:

AG - i know what u mean hun about not wanting to complain about our ailments. if i ever have a moan i always follow it by 'but its worth it a million times over'. sounds like u've had a nice weekend hun. hope your enjoying your mat leave xxx

AFM - well after stressing over the family wanting to give me a day off when buba is newborn i've decided not to stress over it too much yet. its not like i agreed and so when the time comes i'll just explain i'm not ready. i was talking to my mum about it who understands me and she just said not to be presurred by anyone cos she's mine and dh's baby and its for no one else to decide when she's ready to be away from her mummy. plus i'll be BF'ing anyway so its not practical for people to expect me to 'have a day off'.

anyway i've been loving been on my mat leave. i've started scrubbing walls and alsorts...lol. dh is on day off today and tomorrow so we're gettting thigns done i need his assistance with but there will be some relaxing involved too. my cot arrived yesterday after waiting 11 weeks...only for the mattress to be missing X( so i've rung kiddsave this morning and it seems it happens alot so they are looking into it. at least buba has a moses basket for now but it is annoying they couldn;t just deliver the mattress as they were supposed to.

off to the mw in half hour. i'm going to show her my huge feet cos they are so bad!! its so uncomfortable walking on them. also my knees hurt now....think its the extra weigh i'm carrying...lol. although i haven;t put any weight on for 3 weeks but my bump has grown...so technically i've lost weight. must be because of my indigetion and i can;t fit much in. its so hard to get comfortable now but its to be expected. i'm hoping all my cleaning on mat leave might bring on my labour..lol.

well best get ready for the mw

hope everyone is ok, take care sweeties xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

1st ICSI :BFN: ;(
2nd ICSI :BFP: happydance

Tuesday, June 21st 2011, 10:16am

adreamz - we crossed posts hun. congrats on been on mat leave. hope u get chance to relax as well as getting everything prepared for LO. hope your housemove hurries up. i suppose there's no point in stressing though, as long as your baby as somewhere to sleep and the basics it will all be fine. i'm going to bear in mind what your NCT suggested about guests in the first few weeks and maybe have a word with dh and just have the nearest and dearest....i really don;t want the baby blues xxx

Reg: Apr 27th 2010

Children: one boy (naturally concived, somehow!!!) One on the way!! yehh

Tuesday, June 21st 2011, 12:52pm

adreams you can get it from holland and barrett but its quick expensive!!!! i used it in last labour and was very impressed, i put it on cotton wool ball to sniff for pain releif and even tho the midwifes thought i was loopy i just had that through 30hr labour!! (and my tens machine which was also fab!!) it helps with pain and calming effects also has effects on womb and uterus to aid labour (apperently)

booboo ohhh i cant wait to be on mat leave bet its great, bf is a great excuse to not leave baby with anyone!! lol i used it lots with my son, i dint leave him till he was maybe 2yrs and he didnt stay overnight with family till he was 4years!! haha now he wants to stay at nannys all the time and i have to try be good and let him go!!! i will be having to leave this one with my hubby for a night or two when she be 2/3 months to go on a trainning evening!! which im already stressing about! but sure all will be fine!

last day at work 2night for me!! yehhhhhh
TTC 4years for 2nd

ME 27 DH 38 me

DH very low [zx151] 11 counted in total :(

1st ICSI nov 2010 :BFP: 1 [zx076] seen at 8 weeks, 12 weeks, 22 weeks, 32 weeks, 36 weeks

bab21

ICSI diary xx

Reg: Aug 12th 2010

What's Up?
(",)

Tuesday, June 21st 2011, 3:36pm

Hi ladies and bumps

I've not been on for so long, I'm so behind with personals. Nice to hear that a few of you are on maternity leave and treating yourselves.

Shelley - good luck for tomorrow hun. I was induced too and Rose arrived 22 hours later. My waters went on Sunday morning, at 39+6 and I didn't deliver within 24 hours, so I was induced. It was nerve wracking, unexpected and the last thing I wanted or imagined would happen...my birth plan ended up to be an unfulfilled wish list but I've got the most fabulous daughter and that makes it all OK by me.

Suki - congratulations on the birth of baby Miles. That's a speedy delivery and a great story. Hope you're all doing OK.

I called the IVF clinic today to tell them that 8 and a half months after ET, we had a baby. Never in a million years did I think that I'd be doing that. It was awesome :)
Aug/Sept 2010 ICSI :BFP: :girl:

Reg: Nov 12th 2008

Children: One gorgeous little boy 2011

Tuesday, June 21st 2011, 5:41pm

Hey everyone! :hello:

I know, I know, I haven't been on for such a long time, and my last post was in the second trimester chat :whoops: so sorry!

Cant believe I am 30 weeks already!!! Never thought I would be here!! I thought I would come back and even out team blue, there's too much pink in here!! lmao

Work has been really stressing me out. But finish on 15th July! cannot wait!! Managed to hire my mat cover, but my Manager is already driving her away (how I have put up with her myself for so long I dunno!!!) and she already is talking about getting another job. I've just said please, please don't go till I've gone or when Manager is on leave - the week I finish!

Been suffering really bad with Indigestion, pain in my back is like someone has stuck a red hot poker in there! Went to Docs who was lovely and prescribed two huuge bottles of Gaviscon Advance and even put it on repeat!!! he he, i love my doctor lurve having to watch what I eat is crap, cos I just wanna eat what I want now I am finally pregnant! I have to keep on top of the doses as if I miss one, the pain is back with a vengeance! :riv2:

Been sleeping slightly better at night since we got a new bed which has sorted my back out, but now my left hip aches really bad! Also started getting up at night for the loo.

We got our travel system sorted and went for the Quinny buzz in the end, its so easy to use and compact when folded up.

Can't think of anything else to say except Congrats Suki! :congrats: Hopefully Shelley you will be next!

Me 36 DF 30
TTC since 97
Dec 2010 IVF :BFP:

one :heart: seen 6+3 & 11+2 & 13+2 &20+2

bab22

United Kingdom

Reg: Jan 24th 2010

Children: 1 gorgeous little boy!

Tuesday, June 21st 2011, 11:08pm

Just a quickie to say good luck Shelley if you're still being induced tomorrow. All the very best for you, dh and the little one. Harry x
Me:36 DH:36
3 IUIs - Jan, Mar, Jun 2010 - BFN
1st IVF Oct 10 - BFP. Please stay sticky!

7 week scan - 1 heartbeat seen!
9 week scan - little hands and feet!!!
12 week scan - all on track! :thumbsup:
21 week scan - :boy:

Wednesday, June 22nd 2011, 12:43pm

Booboo, sorry to hear your feet and knees are hurting, I remember you saying your feet were swollen quite early on so this must have gotten worse :-( it will all be worth it in the end. How did the MW appointment go?

Mum82, how was your last day at work? I might get some clary sage oil from holland and barrett, if it eases the pain it surely has to be worth the money!!

Chillimintc, congratulations on Rose, sounds like you had a little more traumatic labour, but I hope you are all good now :happy:

Shelbie, hi, glad to see you over here. Sorry to hear your indigestion is bad, but if the gaviscon works keep guzzling it down!!

AFM: midwife appointment went fine this morning. I'm just under the 50% centile which is great. I'm still undecided where to have my baby. I could go to a midwifery led unit which would guarentee me a waterbirth or a normal hospital which is a different trust, both same distance from my house. I'm just worried that something would go wrong and I would never forgive myself. Oh well I have booked myself in for the 36 week check up and they will tell me if I even meet the criteria (lets hope I don't fit it then I dont have to make that decision!!).
I saw a foot come out of my tummy yesterday it was weird but nice, DH was there too and he just laughed!! :snigger:
Off out to see a friend this afternoon, beats packing boxes!!! Not sure when I'll get time to rest????

I hope everyone else is ok its a little quiet o this thread these days. xxx

Wednesday, June 22nd 2011, 2:12pm

adreamz had a fab time at work for my last night!! they got me some really nice clothes for baby and a lovely card!!! i will actually miss it i think

shelley hope all is well with you hun xxx

AFM yehhhh maternity leave/holiday starts now!!!!! im sooooo looking forward to it, bag all packed just need feeding bras and tens machine to buy as my one has broken! lucky i tested it now and not left it till the day of labour!? running out of rasberry leaf tea fast & off to get some pineapple later too hehehe. even been doing my massage down there if you know what i mean
TTC 4years for 2nd

ME 27 DH 38 me

1st ICSI nov 2010 :BFP: 1 [zx076] seen at 8 weeks, 12 weeks, 22 weeks, 32 weeks, 36 weeks

bab21

ICSI diary xx

Wednesday, June 22nd 2011, 4:54pm

Hi just a quick question.....has eveyone had their fundal height measured before 30 weeks? My midwife said she would start measuring from then but when I went she didn't so am a bit concerned as not seeing her till 32+4? I walked out without realising with my baby brain!! Quite disappointed really as not had any kind of freebies yet either and keep forgetting to ask! feeling a bit cheated really! X(

Me 36 DF 30
TTC since 97

bab22

Wednesday, June 22nd 2011, 8:30pm

Shelbie, I was measured at my 28 week appointment and didn't have a 30 week appoiontment just the 32 week one today. They should measure you as need your first few measurement to ensure there are no severe changes in growth. Contact her and ask if you can pop in on her next clinic day just for a quick measure. If she says no burst into tears and say that you are worried that you are not growing, she should soon get you in!!
Mum82, woohoo for mat leave. Get those feet up as you have worked so hard throughout this pregnancy, what is your due date?
AFM Midwife appointment went fine. Had the stranges thing happen this morning. Normally when I wake I wait for baby to move before getting up (unless I'm in work) today baby hadn't moved for an hour, I put my hand down and felt it move with my hand but couldn't feel it internally. I told DH and he felt my tummy and felt it but again I couldn't feel it. When i went to the MW she said oh the babies moving and I told her that I couldn't feel it internally. She didn't seem concerned (although I dont think my MW is the type to ever show concern). Since then I have been feeing baby move all day so I'm not worried about it but I just wondered if this has happened to anyone else?
Off to relax now, I have eaten too much casserol and need to prepare for my study day tomorrow.
Take care everyone xxx
PS I'm hoping that they have induce you Shelly today, keep us posted and good luck witjh labour xxx

Wednesday, June 22nd 2011, 10:03pm

Adreamz - I am constantly worried about my baby's movements, but I think that as long as you feel around 10 movements a day all is well. I don't think that I feel my little one as much as other people feel their little ones, but when I go for my check-ups then I can always hear baby moving around when she puts the doppler to my tummy - just can't really feel it from the outside so much. It probably depends where the baby is etc - they might just be kicking organs instead of the outside of your tummy. Try not to worry, but if you do get overly concerned then always contact your midwife to help reassure you. No point in worrying.

Mum82 - Fab news that you are finished up at work!!

AFM - Had an interesting few days!! On Monday night I was getting Braxton Hicks loads - coming every 15mins for about an hour and a half. Was nearly thinking I was going to have to phone my friend to come and take me to the hospital! I phoned them and they told me to drink lots of water and go and lie down in a different position to what I had been doing and call them back in an hour, unless anything worsened. That did the trick and i've only had a couple since. Phew! Going to have to try and chill because I think i'm going to be someone who gets them and I think swimming may have irrated some of the muscles around my uterus making them come more.

Been doing lots in the nursery. I have washed all the baby clothes we have and have now got all the bedding, towels etc in the machine. I popped up to the local supermarket and they must have just laughed at the contents of my basket. First size nappies (going to use real nappies, but disposable to begin with), baby wipes, LOADS of cleaning stuff and icecream!! It is looking really good. We have a single bed in the room that will be the nursery, but we are thinking to keep it up just now until we actually put the baby in the nursery and cot. It gives us an extra bed for visitors, as well as the one we have in the guest room and baby will be with us to begin with anyway. I am most definitely nesting!! I just want to get everything done because I am very aware that i'm getting huge and want to do stuff while I still have the energy! Decided to sort out our bathroom cupboards yesterday and ended up with the contents of every basket and cupboard all over the floor!! I've had a huge clear out and cannot believe how many toiletries I have!

Been catching up with friends for coffee and lunches etc, which has been lovely. Tomorrow DH is back, so going to have a morning cleaning and sorting, then will collect him around lunchtime. We are heading out to dinner with friends tomorrow evening, so that will be good. xxx

Hoping77

Reg: Apr 14th 2009

Children: A son and daughter - our family is complete :)

What's Up?
Absolutely love being a mum of 2 but OMG it is hard work and very tiring! Wouldn't change it for the world though :)

Thursday, June 23rd 2011, 6:46am

LOL :laugh: I am finding it funny how we all have this obsessive nesting instinct to clear out our homes and give it a right good clean and / or do major jobs like a new kitchen. I wonder why we feel like this. I know for me it's to get the house as clean and de-cluttered as possible.

AG - can't believe how frequent your BH are. I have had hardly any. I reckon it's happened about 4 times in the past few weeks and the last time was quite painful. I haven't had more than one in a day I don't think. When do they become more regular? Is anyone ahead of me who didn't experience them until c36 weeks? xx

Adreamz - I'm sure there will be plenty of times that your baby moves but you don't feel it unless you put your hand on your belly so try not to worry xx

Mum - yay for finishing work! It's like a big weight lifted isn't it? xx

Hi Shelbie - my temp replacement was meant to start this week but as usual our HR are holding things up. I'm not stressing though as I finished last week LOL! I've been suffering from heartburn a lot, after every meal, and I find a chilled glass of milk cures it no problem. In fact I'm loving milk while I'm pregnant xx

Chillimint - congratulations on the birth of Rose. How was the labour? Did you have any pain relief? Hope you and your daughter are well xx

Booboo - any news on your mattress? What did the MW say about your feet? xx

Hello to anyone else I have missed.

AFM - I haven't had a days rest since finishing work last week. Yesterday I went shopping with mum to try and find some open front nighties for the hospital but couldn't find one anywhere. I am also getting terrible backache if I walk around for more than 10 minutes so kept having to sit down to rest. I think my mum is thinking I'm a whinger as she doesn't recall backache when she was pregnant so couldn't sympathise. I think because I have always been slim and I suddenly have this big bump to carry around my body isn't use to it and my lower back aches at the sides.

Today I am off to Mothercare and Babies R Us to get some more baby stuff. I'm getting a bathset, which my friend gave me money for and I'm buying a baby monitor, which after much deliberation I am not going to get the Angelcare one, I'm going for my original choice of the BT 250 monitor. A friend told me her friend had the Angelcare one and the alarm kept going off even though the baby was fine and it scared the life out of her. I know I will be checking on my little boy constantly anyway in the first few months as I'm a light sleeper and I will want to make sure myself he is OK.

My pram and cot were delivered on Monday. My parents are coming round next weekend for some lunch and my dad is going to put up the cot (as my DH is useless at DIY!). Yesterday I unpacked the pram and put it together and tested it. It's fab, I love it! I got the M&P Sola. It's so easy to change around - it goes from lying flat, to sat facing you, to sat facing outwards, and I have adaptors to add the car seat. Once I knew it worked OK we then pushed it down to our DH's dad's house who lives down the road as he is storing it in his garage for us - seeing as some people told me it's bad luck to have in the house before the baby is born! Another old wives tale but not taking any chances LOL!

Oh and I finally have a date for my carpet being fitted in the nursery - this Saturday!! So it means I can start moving stuff in there happydance

Before I go shopping today I need to go through everything I have bought up to now for the baby and write it all down so I know exactly what's missing and what I need more of as my intention is to get everything finished before the end of next week.

A friend who has gestational diabetes, like me, and is due the day before me had a scan last week to check on the baby's growth and although it is fine they are inducing her on the 15th July, a week early, and I'm worried when I go on Tuesday for my scan they will say the same to me. I don't really want him to come early as I want to ensure everything is ready first, which I know is 4 weeks off but I feel like the clock is ticking LOL!

:xxx3:
An almost 4 year old son and a 21 month old daughter :)

Thursday, June 23rd 2011, 8:27am

hey all

hoping with you on the back ache and i have put on over 2 1/2 stone seems to be all out the front and i was tiny before so i think its putting too much strain on my back!! (although i have screws in there now! god knows how ad it would have been without that) im having trouble finding an open front nightdress too think im just going to go for strappy top like i did with my son and either lift up or down for feeding

amazing graze im getting load of braxton hicks too mine are worse when i walk!! i had a lot with my son but having lots more with this one!! wonder if that means im getting ready for the little one!

adreamz my due date is 9th aug but my son was 3weeks early! so im getting prepared in case

Afm im in a cleaning mood today!! lol going to get lots done have a huge pile of ironing then out for a meal tonight with one of my works yehhhhh take care all xxx
TTC 4years for 2nd

ME 27 DH 38 me

bab21

ICSI diary xx

Hoping77

What's Up?
Absolutely love being a mum of 2 but OMG it is hard work and very tiring! Wouldn't change it for the world though :)

Thursday, June 23rd 2011, 11:25am

Quick question for you ladies, well more than one LOL!

I've just gone through all the stuff I have bought for our baby and logged it all on a spreadsheet (yes, I'm super organised with being a PA :snigger: !). I have loads already and forgotten what I've bought over the past few months, but still have a list of things to buy.

What I wanted to ask was, I have short sleeved, long sleeved and vest body suits - the ones that don't cover the legs. What do they wear them with? Are they for bed or do you buy pants or skirts to go with them, depending if a boy or girl? I guess they will be OK for bed if it's a warm night and his legs are covered by a blanket but not sure when else they would wear them. Probably a really silly question but as a first time mum I haven't a clue LOL!

He has lots of sleepsuits, some of which are too cute to wear to bed so he'll probably wear some in the day as they're just like a babygro aren't they? I have several outfits for him also, which he can wear when we visit people but at home I'll probably have him in babygros / sleepsuits. Do you think that is OK?

I've sorted his outfit for coming home from the hospital, which is just a plain white babygro, blue hat, blue padded jacket, scratch mits and a shawl to wrap him up in if cold.

Oh one thing I have bought to take to the hospital is cartons of Aptimal milk, just in case, god forbid, he doesn't breatfeed and I need to feed him. My friend suggested it as she is due this weekend and it was her who gave me the idea. I got 3 cartons. I guess the hospital will have milk but no harm in me taking some.

I must say I am getting very excited and feel relieved at seeing how much I have already, I don't feel as much pressure now to buy the last few remaining things, which I know I can get in the next couple of days or so.

Thursday, June 23rd 2011, 11:32am

Morning ladies.

I'm having a lazy day today so thought i'd pop on here and see how everyone is doing.

yesterday i had a total clear out and was busy all day after having a lazy day tuesday i felt like i had to make up for it. anyone else feel guilty if they are just relaxing? well yesterday i cleared out the room cupboard and made room for buba's bath and toiletries (cos i think most of the bathing and changing will be downstairs where its warm) and also made room for the buggy. i always feel better after a constructive day.

also yesterday my mattress finally arrived for the cot. kiddisave posted one out straight away so i've been able to set up the cot (well actually dh and my step dad did) and i put on all the sheets and bumpers ect. she's not going to sleep in there for a few months but i wanted to dress it so it looks nice.

tuesday i had my mw apt and i'm measuring 36 so all good there :thumbsup: mw wasn't worried about my feet she just said as long as my face didn;t swell too and i didn't have headaches then just to try and put my feet up. my BP was low as usual and no protein in urine so i'm not worrying about preclampsia yet. i think i'm just one of those that suffers with lots of water retention. i have to go for a presentation scan on monday though cos they still can't feel where buba is lying. we think she's head down but my tummy muscles are really strong so they don;t want to rely on guessing. i'm glad i get to go for the scan though cos i get to see buba again. hubby is working monday so my mum is coming with me so she is very pleased :happy: i think buba will be head down though so its just to make sure and be on the safe side.

mum and hoping - u've both mentioned front opening nighties. i got my from Primark. i didn't want to spend alot as i don;t wear nighties usually so i tried primark knowing they'd be cheap. they were front opening with buttons and only £6 each and they are actually quite nice. i got black with white tiny polka dots. i also managed to fit into a size 8-10 and it allowed room for my bump without swamping me. so try there girlies. the other thing i'm going to do is the vest tops and velour pants for when i'm just in the house. nice and comfy without feeling like i'm in my pj's and easy for feeding.

mum - sounds like u have put on same amount of weight as me. i was small too and it is hard work carrying the extra load. hope u get your ironing done and enjoy your meal tonight. xxx

hoping - that made me laugh u saying your dh isn;t good at DIY :snigger: my hubby is the same with some things...i can't say that to him though...lol. he has actually got better sinse i've been preg and had to do all the decorating though. but i get my step dad round like u do your dad to help build things and put up shelves ect. i'm extra fussy and everything has to be perfect so my poor hub doesn't have a chance of things been to my standard..lol. sounds like u've been really busy hun. i tend to have a busy day but then need a days recovery. don;t do too much and make sure u have some down time...u won;t have chance once nathan is here!! xxx

AG - sounds like u've been busy too hun. i've got all my washing and ironing done for buba too. doesn;t it just look fab when u hang it all out on the line to dry....my mum even took a picture it looks so lush. thats a lot of BH you've been having there. i tend to get mine a few times a day but its hours between each other...and mine are more like AF pains. I voted for your sister for u in that comp hun, she's very pretty. i hope she does well...looks like she's through to the next round :thumbsup: enjoy your time with dh today hun xx

adreamz - glad mw apt went well hun. sometimes i can only feel buba from the outside and not inside...very strange!! or hubby will say he felt her with his hand and i haven;t felt it. so don;t think thats anything to worry about hun. xxx

shelby - long time no hear hun...glad things are going well. i'm also really bad with indigestion. my hub laughs cos i've taken to just drinking Gaviscon straight from the bottle now...lol. i think the trick is to take the gaviscon as many times as it says on the botttle and not to wait until u get the indigestion feeling, that way it kind of keeps it at bay. i always find night times to be the worse and it wakes me up. i've been sleeping upright for the past 3 weeks or so and it seems to help abit. if the old wives take is anything to go by we must be having hairy babies....though i think its more down to the fact our tummys are been squashed...lol. xxx

shelley - any news hun??? hope alls going well xxx

i just have a couple of questions for u all......

where do u all buy nappies?? so far the best i've seen is £9 for 64 from asda. anyone tried Costco and is it any cheaper? i'm thinking of going to buy a bulk of them to last us a coulpe of months.

also has anyone looked into family tax credits and such like? a friend told me we'd be entitled to something but i doubt we are. is it that we arnt entitled to anything if we earn over £42K collectively. for some reason i was under the impression that we got some kind of tax credits if as an individual we don;t earn over 42K but i completed a questionaire on the government website and cos me and dh earn over 41K collectively (even though i'll be on stat mat pay) we don;t get anything. does that sound right??? i'm confused because the couple who mentioned it to me both earn good wages but reckon they got £150 a month..... maybe that was the old system though ?(

anyway long post from me. think i'm going to watch some day time tv and have a mooch on the babynames websites...lol

take care peeps xxxxxx

Thursday, June 23rd 2011, 11:43am

hoping - crossed posts hun!!

i've not bought any of them long sleeve vests cos i wasn;t sure what to put them under too...lol. i guess you can put them under little cotton dungerees for boys and that would look cute. Next do nice comfy soft cotton dungerees for boys (i have a thing about boys in dungers...i love them!!). i personally bought the sleeveless vests and as far as i'm aware they wear them under sleepsuits and normal clothes (dresses in my buba's case). the sleeveless vests are also good if we have a heat wave and its very warm...yes wishful thinking i know!!

most newborn babies i have seen recently are dressed in babybgros. i have bought fancy ones too for during the day and plain ones for sleeping in. i love to see babies in comfy clothes. the dresses i have bought for buba are mostly cotton comfy's too. so i think babygro's are definately the way to go.

i once went to see my friends newborn son and she'd put him in jeans and a leather belt.... :8o: it wasn't to my taste, i think babies should look like babies and not little men or women..lol.

its a good idea to take the aptimal milk to the hosp...though i'm guessing the mw's would encourage us to keep going with the BF'ing unless it was exceptional circumstances. would u need to take sterilised bottles then too?? ?(

xxxxx

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "BooBoo" (Jun 23rd 2011, 11:45am)

Thursday, June 23rd 2011, 2:03pm

Hoping - I have mostly short sleeved vests which the baby will wear under babygros and I think I only have about 3 of a slightly bigger size long sleeved vests. I would probably put them on under little dungarees or a little dress (depending!) I didn't buy many because we don't know what we are having, so will buy once baby arrives. The milk idea is a great idea - my sister gave me that tip as her little one never really took to the breast and they had nothing to give him! She actually bought me the stuff and gave it directly to me! On the contractions front and when they become more regular I think it just varies person to person. My sister didn't really have BH at all. I've had a little bit of regluar BH and i'm only 31 weeks! My midwife friend said that it can be caused by doing too much and putting stress on the uterus muscles, it can also be cause by dehydration, so drink up lots of water!

Booboo - sounds like you are like me just now - cleaning and clearing!! Can't help on the nappy front, although I bought some yesterday here and was surprised how cheap they were! I'm going to use disposables for the first few weeks, but have ordered real nappies. Everyone thinks i'm crazy, but I want to give them a go.

Mum82 - I find my Braxton hicks are worse when I sit down. Only had a handful since my full on episode! They are not sore with me, but I can now understand when people talk about the wave of the contraction. I could feel it coming and it was a little like dull AF, but not painful. I don't think i'll go to 40 weeks, but hoping baby doesn't come too early. We have booked flights to go home next week for a week, but not sure what the Dr will say about me having had a lot of contractions, especially since I had a bleed at 28 weeks as well. Just have to see what she says - we don't want to go anywhere if she thinks it isn't wise.

Chillimint - congratulations on the birth of Rose - can't believe I missed that! Hope it all went ok for you and you are recovering well and Rose is settling in well with her new family.

AFM - DH is home and can't believe how much i've grown since he went away 2 weeks ago! I'm mostly all bump though, which is good. Last night I was really able to feel baby - it was either a bum or a head, but it was definitely our little one. DH is having a nap just now as coming off nightshift and struggling to get back into a daily routine. We are off out for dinner tonight with friends, so that will be nice. Not a lot else new - just cleaning and clearing! xxx

Hoping77

What's Up?

Thursday, June 23rd 2011, 5:00pm

Cheers for the advice ladies. I didn't think to put a vest on under a babygro as was worried he'd get too warm but it's not like we have a hot summer here is it. I'm sure at the time I'll know how many layers to put on him. It's just one of the many things that are ticking over in my head LOL!

Booboo - I tried Primark but they didn't have any nighties though the store near my mums isn't big. I may have to venture into Manchester city centre next week, if my back can cope with it LOL! Re nappies I have found Asda to be the cheapest. I bought 80 Pampers for £9 from there a few weeks back, on offer. I also have a pack of 81 Huggies and a pack of 48 Asda's Little Angels nappies as I want to try out all 3 and see which ones I prefer. Someone mentioned Costco as being good for bulk buys so maybe worth a visit if you have a card. I don't. I also bought some nappy sacks from Asda and think they were only about 70p for a pack of 75 so I got several packs.

Glad to hear your mattress has arrived. I've just had an email from Mamas & Papas saying my footmuff has been despatched. They originally told me it was out of stock and wouldn't be in until early July, which was fine, but a nice surprise to see it will be delivered tomorrow.

Well I had planned to go out shopping today and get some more baby stuff but I just couldn't be bothered getting dressed after going through all the stuff I have already bought. Plus the weather has been rubbish, constantly raining here, so I decided to stay in and watch Wimbledon. Then I fancied a snooze but soon after I went to bed next door were banging - typical they start a loft conversion when I finish for maternity leave!! They're getting us back for all the banging we've done over the past few months with a new kitchen etc LOL!

My little boy is constantly moving around in my belly, especially after meals. He is having a right good wriggle now and sticking out limbs, his bum, and anything else he wants to stretch LOL! I think he has been in the same position for weeks now, head down, back on my right and arms and legs to the left of my belly as that is where all the prodding is.

Booboo - great that you get another scan. I remember at my last scan about 3 and a half weeks ago I saw what I thought was his belly but it was actually his head! I was like wow he has definitely grown since my 28 week scan. I have another scan on Tuesday and I'm wondering if they will decide then whether to let me go full-term or not. I hope they do and then they induce me on my due date or a couple of days before. It means I have more time to prep for his arrival then plus hopefully have some relaxing time.

Anyway, best go cos I'm waffling on now LOL!

Shelley - do you have your little boy in your arms yet? Hope everything went well hun xx

Thursday, June 23rd 2011, 5:45pm

Hi everyone!

I was recommended Asda little angels nappies by my cousin who has a boy and said theyare brilliant, then my sil said they were no good, but she has a girl so maybe they are better for boys. I've bought some anyway, I too have bought a mixture and have Huggies and Pamapers to try!

Booboo, totally agree on the comfortability thing for babies, when i first met my niece she had jeans and a top and I thought God she must be sooo uncomfortable in those being only a few days old.... I've also got a thing for babies in dungarees, girl or boy both look so cute! I think my little one will be mostly in babygros indoors as I think babies get more niggly if they have uncomfy collars, waist bands etc.... will save the cute outifits for visitors and going out!

I've got loads of all in one vests too and these will go under everything. I've read as a general rule, babies should wear one more layer than us....

Well my maternity cover lady came back from her lunch break today and had been in Mothercare and came back with an outfit for baby, incidentally cute woollen dungarees and two cardigans, I was soo touched, I told her she was naughty though as I didn't expect anything and I dont leave for another 3 weeks!!! Only met her last Monday too! How sweet is she???? lurve

Me 36 DF 30
TTC since 97

bab22

Reg: Nov 29th 2010

Friday, June 24th 2011, 4:32pm

Hi everyone,

I'm so jelous of everyone that's started maternity leave. I'm struggling with the tiredness now and shortness of breath. Have 4 more weeks to go yet so may need some sick time before then!

I cannot keep up with this thread - I do try to read most days so I don't fall behind but by the time I get round to posting I've usually forgot a lot of it.

Chillimint - congratulations honey - hope things are good xx

Shelley - I'm eagerly awaiting your news....hope you're all doing OK xx

Shelbie - MW measured fundal height at 28 weeks and 31 weeks - both times I've been a week behind but they've not said it's an issue. I would go back to MW as I think it's important you have it done so they can keep a check that LO is growing properly at this stage. xx

AG - sounds like you're having a lovely time meeting friends etc now you've fnished work. It must be such a relief to not have to think about school. My brain is doing overtime as I have so much to think about and do (for school) before finishing. I'm really fed up now as people keep giving me extra things when I want to start winding down - it's inconsiderate. I just keep thinking that I have a year off soon xx

Mum - ouch with the back pain. I can sympathise as my back is bad but it's the upper part - suffered with it since about 18 weeks. But it will all be worth it. When you finishing work xx

Hoping - sounds like your nursery is really coming along now. Feel like I'm never gonna get there with all the jobs I need to do. Thanks for the info about the pain relief at SH - I've still not been on a tour but was thinking about a water birth myself. I will have to ask them about that pain relief as it does sound good - and I'm not good with pain! xx

BooBoo - glad your MW appointment went well. Can't believe your stomach is so hard that they can't feel the baby. Maybe you will just snap straight back into shape as soon as you've given birth! Don't know about the benefits but would also like to find out xx

Adreamz - how you doing? I have no idea what 50% centile is? But sounds like it's a positive xx

AFM - took the pram back!! It was too bulky and the buttons to take the body off were too stiff and the frame wasn't locking properly. So got the money back but when I got home I realised that I'd had a 20% discount voucher that I'd used (at babies r us) and it could only be used for 1 weekend so I've lost out on the voucher now. I've rand them and am disputing this at the moment as my argument is that the pram had to go back as it was faulty. Don't think I'll get anywhere with this though. I'm now looking at the Silver cross 3D and the Maxi Cosi Loola? Any comment on either?

Baby clothes...... I have 2 books that tell me the essentials I need will include 3 vests etc. Now, the things I have bought are sleepsuits and short sleeved body suits. I have not seen anything called a vest yet. Does a vest fasten under the legs or not and is a bodysuit the same as a vest? I'm so clueless I really have no idea if I've bought the right stuff or need anything else.

Also I am really itchy again. Boobs, stomach and all over. Told the MW who said it's hormones and skin stretching but she said if it develops on hands or feet to ring her as it's something more serious. I'm that itchy that I'm drawing blood on boobs though - I can't bear it. Hope eveyone is well xx

Friday, June 24th 2011, 4:35pm

Hi everyone,

I posted the above post yeasterday but it didn't appear for some reason!! So I have no idea what's happened there.
I'm so happy it's weekend and I can have a break as I'm totally wiped out - I can't even think straight I'm that tired.
Any news Shelley?
Hope you all have a good weekend xx

Hoping77

What's Up?

Friday, June 24th 2011, 5:59pm

Rocky - the vests are like bodysuits, just without sleeves. They fasten underneath like the long and short sleeved bodysuits. In the shops I have been in they're all next to each other. I will use mine for going underneath his clothing to give him an extra layer in case it's cold (as Shelbie suggested). Keep an eye on the itching hun as my friend had that and had to be admitted to hospital and delivered her baby early. Can't remember the name for it but I would keep on at the midwife or ring the hospital if it continues. I have had itchy ankles on and off throughout my pregnancy and getting in a very warm bath makes it worse. As they said if it gets to the hands and feet definitely go to hospital.

Re the prams, I haven't seen the two you mentioned. I bought the Mamas and Papas Sola, which was delivered this week and it was so easy to set up and is really light. I love it. I can't wait to push it around. I bought some pram toys for it today to wrap around the bar and hang off the hood to keep my little boy entertained.

I'd definitely recommend a tour of the delivery suite at SH. The rooms are spacious and a few have a big pool in them for waterbirths. As I have gestational diabetes I was told I'd be on another delivery suite (on the left hand side as you walk in) as I am deemed "high risk". The only difference is though that the rooms are a bit bigger and more medical equipment is in the room to ensure the baby is OK.

Shelbie - how lovely of the temp to buy you a gift. The Asda nappies got a good review in one of my magazines, which is why I am trying them. I think you need to try a few to see which you like best as everyone is different aren't they? Glad to see you're joining the boy club. Do you have any names in mind? xx

Hi to everyone else.

Well I've done some more shopping today and can now say I have everything essential for my baby. There are a few other things I could've bought but don't need to before he his born. All the stuff is piled up in my living room as I can't put anything in the nursery until the carpet has been fitted tomorrow. I'm a bit obsessed with clothes shopping for him, not proper outfits, just really cute sleepsuits, which I will have him in for the first few months. He has got some outfits but not many. I guess when he is born the majority of gifts will be clothes and proper outfits so I've held back on buying them.

So my first week of maternity leave was spent buying the last bits and bobs and making a list of everything I have. Next week I shall start getting everything set up in his nursery, wash all his clothes and blankets etc, and get my hospital bag ready. I've decided to take my changing bag for the baby's stuff and a separate bag for me. Oh and I still need to find a nightie for the hospital and decide on what clothes I want to wear when leaving the hospital - silly I know to plan an outfit for that but I like to be organised LOL! It will only be comfies - leggings and a baggy top perhaps.

Can't believe my due date is a month today. It does feel like a while off to be honest but I'm sure it'll be here before I know it.

Reg: Aug 12th 2010

What's Up?
(",)

Friday, June 24th 2011, 9:50pm

Awww Rocky, I do feel for ya xxx I think the itching can be a symptom of something called Obstetric Cholestasis. An itch so intense that you draw blood try to scratch it must be hardly bearable. I hope you can get some time off soon, because you've been through the mill. Its a real shame that you're showing far more consideration and dedication to work than is being shown to you.

AG - I had a giggle at your shopping basket contents!

Booboo - not sure about the tax credits thing hun, sorry. Its definitely a good idea to bulk buy things, baby stuff and all the household stuff too…like big bottles of your own shampoo and shower gel, washing powder, pet food etc. If there was one thing I'd do differently, it was stock up on everything.

Hoping - labour was about 15 hours in total, from mild twinges to delivering baby. I started off with gas and air (didn't do much, to be honest), and also had a TENS machine. I liked the TENS, the buzzy feelings were a really good distraction from contraction feelings. I thought my waters broke the previous morning when I leaked about a cupful of fluid onto the bed but in hindsight, that was only a warning because they broke properly after I had been induced the next day. It felt like there was litres of it! Needless to say, I got wet feet! I had a prostin pessary and then 8hrs later, mild contractions started. My waters broke properly and at that point, strong and fast contractions kicked in almost out of nowhere, and I was only 1cm dilated.

I had an epidural after a couple of hours of that. Beforehand, I was quite certain that I wanted to avoid an epidural because the risks scared me. Plus I like the thought of being able to move about and have gravity help baby out. I think that baby was back-to-back - no-one was able to feel exactly which position she was lying but since all the pain was in my back, the midwives thought that is was highly likely. The epidural was a good one in that I could still feel and move my legs, and I was able to feel when to push aswell.
I was pushing for a while but baby was wrapped in her cord, so I had a ventouse delivery and a 2nd degree tear.

It took me a couple of days to sort my head out - I was lucky enough to have a good pregnancy with no problems, but then labour needed lots of unexpected intervention.

Hi to everyone else and their lovely, growing bumps...there's going to be loads of activity going on here soon!
Aug/Sept 2010 ICSI :BFP: :girl:

Saturday, June 25th 2011, 10:48am

chillimint - good to hear from you hun and hope your enjoying your time with Rose. I bet its the most amazing thing ever. sounds like u had a bad labour with the cord around Rose and the tear. at least all turned out well though and i can imagine its all worth it. i think i will probably end up with the epidural too even though i'm going to try not to..... but when it comes to it i know what i'm like...lol. good idea about stocking up on things. i usually have a cupboard full of cleaning stuff and cosmetics so that shouldn't be hard for me..lol. Hope u and rose are well hun. are u BF'ing? just wondering how its worked out if you are. xxx

Hoping - u make me laugh :snigger: i thought i was organised but u really do deserve the prize. i have most of my hospital bag done but i've not thought about my outfit to come home in yet...lol. how many hosp bags do u have? i have the baby changing bag and 2 overnight bags and that not including my clothes i'll need so i'm thinking i may have packed too much...lol. sounds like your really pleased with your buggy. i can;t wait to have another play with mine but its at dh's mums and our nephew has chickenpox so we are staying away this week. hope your carpet gets done today and you can start getting your nursery together. i'm having the blind fitted today then my mum and step dad are coming round to help us put up the curtains and shelves so it should be finished by today :thumbsup: xxx

rocky = short sleeve body suit is what i'd call a vest hun. it is confusing when they don;t actually call them vests. sorry to hear your buggy was no good and you took it back. i got the bugaboo but i also liked the M&P solo what Hoping got. its very light weight and i nearly got that one myself (i got the bugaboo cos it meets our needs for dog walking though). so maybe you could look into that one. hope the itching gets sorted, that sounds very irritating. can u put anything on it to soothe it? are u starting your mat leave at 36 week? if your not feeling great have some sickness time hun,thats what i did. pregnancy related sickness doesn;t count on your sickness record either xxx

shelbie - your general rule of baby wears one more rule than ourselves i have heard too hun. so a vest with a sleepsuit in weather like this and a cardi if its colder. i must say that before i looked into it i always thought babies were more prone to over heating and needed less layers than us.....its so confusing..lol. your maternity cover lady sounds so lovely, how thoughtful of her. my work collegues didn;t even get me a card or anything when i left on mat leave last week..... maybe they'll send a card or something when i have the baby but i was a bit insulted after working there 7 years not to even get a card!!! its lovely when people are thoughtful though, my dad's cousins MIL (have i lost you....) who i've never even met knitted some cardies for buba and i thought it was so sweet xxx

shelley - anynews hun?? i've been thinking about u sinse wednesday. hope everything went well hun. xxx

AG - hope your enjoying your time with dh xxx

AFM - i'm waiting for the man to come and fit my blind in buba's room then we're finishing the nursery today. i can't wait!! its going to look very lush. i will post some piccies when its done. i'm so excited about it. its a very small nursery cos our rooms are not that big and we have a small shelf to put up on a supporting wall but its above the cot. i'm not sure about putting a shelf over the cot but my mum and step dad said its fine cos its small and on a supporting wall and i'm only putting soft toys on it so in the unlikely event a toy fell off then its not going to hurt buba....i'm not sure though...what do u peeps think?? am i been over cautious.

I'v been having very strong movements from buba this week. even when i'm walking about i can feel her little foot poking out. its amazing. i've had a lovely few days of more cleaning and also visiting my mum and aunties. we're having a bbq tomorrow with my aunties and next week i have a scan apt on monday and tues i have the health visitor coming round with buba's red book...so its all going on!!

thanks for the nappies advice. i might try the asda little angels ones too. i think i might do a shop on monday before my scan and stock up on nappies and wetwipes.

hope your all having a fab weekend and hopefully tomorrow the sun is coming out :cheeers:

Saturday, June 25th 2011, 11:38am

BooBoo - I'm in a similar dilema about putting a shelf up, as it would be on the wall above the cot. I'm a bit of a worst case scenario chick, so what worries me more is the shelf coming down and not what is on it. I think I may move the cot to another area, so that it isn't above the cot just for my own piece of mind. Sounds like you are all organised and i'll look forward to seeing pictures of your nursery! Where did you get the blind from?

Chillimint - It is really good to hear your birth story lovely girl and I think that it is a great idea to stock up before baby comes. I said to DH yesterday that we'd be doing a big shop before baby comes and get EVERYTHING! I'm also planning on stocking our freezer up with lots of lasagne, fish pie, quiche, soups, casseroles and sauces just to make life that little bit easier when little one first comes along.

Hoping - sounds like you are all organised and I am pleased you are happy with your pram - it really makes all the difference. I can't wait to be pushing mine around with our little baby in it!

Shelbie - how lovely of that lady to come with a little gift for you - people are too kind.

Rocky - You take care of yourself and your little one and just get yourself signed off if you feel it is all too much for you in the next few weeks. Not great that people are piling more tasks on you as you are finishing either.

AFM - Not a lot to report here. Still been having lots of braxton hicks, but feeling a lot more chilled about them now! Know it is a good thing and is helping my muscles prepare for birth - I just wonder if I will go the full 40 weeks though?! Loving having DH home and been enjoying lots of quality time with him and friends. We have had a bit of catching up to do, but it has been lovely. I have been washing all my baby things and it is just so lovely to see all the little baby gros hanging up. I still can't quite believe they are for OUR baby! We need to go and get blackout blinds and I need to think about how else to decorate the nursery. Going to get a shelf on Monday from IKEA and I think i'll get curtains to as well to cosy it all up. I would love to make my own roman blind out of lovely fabric with black out material on the back, but not sure that I'll have time. Might look into it.

I invited a lovely group of girls around yesterday - we are all due July - Oct and although I know them all, they don't all know each other. It was really lovely and I can see us all spending lots of time together when the babies come. One of the girls is a midwife nurse and she gave me loads of helpful books on natural labour. I am not really sure how I feel about things to be honest and I think i'm just going to try to go with the flow and see what happens! I would love a natural birth, but my pain threshold and fear factor is pretty high!! I've also ordered a book and CD on hypnobirthing, so hoping that the breathing, visualisation and getting rid of fears will help.

Better go for now - it has been a pretty lazy day so far. DH planning a chilled day, a lovely meal out and the cinema tonight. Hope you all having lovely weekends xxx

Saturday, June 25th 2011, 12:50pm

AG - i got my blind from the a local buisness that specialise in them. we got it fitted rather than buying one and fitting it ourselves cos i wanted it blackout as much as possible so the LO doesn;t wake up at 4am in summer..lol.As for the shelf dilemma, i'm still thinking about it and my mum is due round soon with my step dad to put them up. i think the chances of a shelf falling off the wall is very unlikely if its fitted properly and its a supporting wall not plaster baord so the shelf will be very secure - but i just can;t hlep but think its not right. my mum thinks i'm crazy cos all we're having on the shelf is soft toys. the other option would be to put a small soft canvas picture above the cot but i think there's more chance of a picture falling off than a well secured shelf...hmmmm. well u'll get to see what i've decided when i put the piccies on here...lol. that sounds fab you have a group of friends expecting too. i'm hoping to go to mum and baby groups and meet a few more people with babies. your day of relaxing with a meal and cinema tonight sounds good hun. enjoy your weekend xxxx

i'm just waiting for my mum to get here so we can finish the nursery...i'm so impatiant.. lol

Hoping77

What's Up?

Saturday, June 25th 2011, 12:56pm

Chillimint - your labour sounds pretty traumatic but at least your little girl is fine. That's good that you had an epidural but could still feel you legs and when to push, is that because you had a low dose? Did it ease the pain of the contractions still? xx

Booboo - I'm with AG on the shelf -- the thought of it falling onto the baby. I know it will have been put up securely but it may play on your mind once it's up. Re hospital bags I am taking the changing bag for the baby, the plan is to take just 1 bag for me and DH will have his own bag too with snacks and drinks in, a camera and a clean t-shirt he can change into once baby is born plus anything else he needs. I bought some travel size shampoo and shower gel today plus a set of 3 plastic toiletery bags in different sizes so I can put my toileteries, sanitry pads and breast pads in them rather than taking the bulky boxes they have come in. I'll probably take some dry shampoo too as my hair will no doubt look like a chip pan after sweating and panting and if I want a quick freshen up for a photo the dry shampoo will come in handy LOL! Can't wait to see pics of your nursery. I have got 2 guys coming round next week to give me quotes for blackout blinds. I want one in the nursery and we'll get them in the other 2 bedrooms too so they're all matching plus with baby in our room for the first few months it'd be good to make it nice and dark for him. I'm also getting our mate round, who is an electrician, to put some dimmer switches in the bedrooms. What's the red book? xx

AG - Hope you enjoy your meal and cinema tonight, sounds like a lovely evening. I wish I had the energy to do that but I think we'll stay in with a take-out and box office LOL! xx

Shelbie - I have both short sleeved bodysuits and vest bodysuits. I've tried to add pics from ones I googled to show you the difference xx

AFM - I have just got back from a pre-natal massage and I have to say it wasn't as relaxing as I'd hoped. For the back massage I had to sit upright because they didn't have a special bed for ladies with bumps so although the massage was nice my back felt strained. I was then lay on my back, slightly elevated while she massaged my arms and legs, which was nice but I was struggling to breathe as I think Nathan was resting on my lungs so I asked if I could sit a bit more upright. I then had a head massage with oils but it actually gave me a headache more than anything. It lasted a good hour or so and I must say by the end of it I was relieved to get up and walk about. A shame really as it could've been so much better. I did take away a tip for DH though on how to massage my lower back, which I'm sure will come in handy when I have contractions so gonna buy some massage oil LOL!

We're waiting for the carpet fitters to come round and do the nursery. I can't wait for it to be done so I can start moving things in there. Will probably get started on it soon after they have left seeing as it's wet and miserable outside. Forecast to be a scorcher tomorrow though biggrin2

Shelley - hope everything is OK hun. Eagerly awaiting your news xx

Have a lovely weekend everyone.

Hoping77 has attached the following files:

Saturday, June 25th 2011, 5:40pm

hello lovlies.

i'm sooooo excited!! our nursery is now finished. for piccies see my profile or the gallery.

i went with putting the mural above the cot and the shelves are over the tall boy and i'm glad i went with that now. i don't think i'd have slept if the shelves were above the cot....even though my mum thinks i'm a worrier...lol. better to be safe than sorry though......

hoping - sorry to hear your massage wasn;t as good as expected. maybe you can teach your hubby a few tricks though. i get mine to massage my feet most nights when they are fat and swollen...lol.

xxxxxxx

Saturday, June 25th 2011, 8:51pm

sorry about this but have to have a moan!!

have a mate on facebook whos in pain with her back she put this on her status! someone said take some pain kilers! well thats ok but my mate is like me and doesnt want to take anything in pregnancy so she put this back! the insensitive stupid girl then said!' dont be so silly im smoked drunk and took pain killers in my pregnacy and my girl is perfect and i know someone like you who did everything by the book and her baby was still born, infact i knows lots of people who's babies died who were like you' !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH MY GOD my mate is due in sept and it is her 1st so she is very nervous already with out having silly girls saying stupid things like this! I was and still am sooooooooo mad i did comment back and did tell this stupid girl what i thought of her couldnt bite my tounge on this one!!!

sorry rant over

:scream: :angry: :yell: :mood: :rant:
TTC 4years for 2nd

ME 27 DH 38 me

bab21

ICSI diary xx

suki

Ace

Reg: Apr 11th 2008

Saturday, June 25th 2011, 9:10pm

I just popped in to see if there was any news about Shelley?
Mum I cannot believe that girl posted that c**p! what an evil cow. I hope your friend deletes her and has no contact whatsoever. Good for you for giving her a mouthful back. I had terrible back pain towards the end and had the strong cocodamol 30/500, but I only took one at night along with one paracetamol so that I could get in and out of bed and roll over without screaming... but I totally understand why your friend wouldn't want to take anything. While I remember my friend told me to start sniffing my clary sage at 38 weeks, but I left it until 39 as Miles was supposed to be tiny.
Chillimint, congratulations about Rose! sorry things didn't quite go to plan, my first labour with DD couldn't have been more diferent than this one, ending up in theatre for a keillands procedure and 3rd degree tear, this time I got a 2nd degree but its been nothing. I hope your healing fast and are comfortable now. I didn't even put anything on my birth plan this time, just as well.... I love the name Rose!
I haven't had a chance to read over all the posts since I was last on, so I hope you are all ok, I'm hoping to get some FZ time tomorrow to catch up properly.
Suki xxx

nat :BFP: Feb 2008 mc 7wks

IVF April 08 :BFP:
FET April 2010 :BFN:
IVF July 2010 - ET postponed
FET Sept 2010 :BFP:

Sunday, June 26th 2011, 7:32am

OMG - that woman sounds disgusting mum!! what an absoloute d***head writing that!! like pregnant woman don;t have enough to worry about and how vile she thinks it was ok to drink and smoke through her pregnancy. X( women like that are just vile. it sounds like she showed herself up anyway by freely admitting she's a vile excuse of a tummy mummy but glad u didnt bite your tongue and made a comment too. u did right hun. pfffft, some people! hope your friend doesn;t speak to her again. what a horrible person saying that when it was bound to worry your friend. xxx

suki - Hope all is going well with miles. how's yor dd finding been a big sister? does she feel like she has her very own doll?..lol. i loved having a baby brother to look after..lol. xxx

I've woken up this morning feeling awful. i've had a bad nights sleep and now feel abit sicky and breathless too. me and dh went to a friends last night and didnt get home until midnight and then i haven;t slept much so i feel like crap. i have my aunties popping over to see the nursery today and i can;t be bothered cleaning before they come...lol. then we're having a BBQ later so i think i better try and have a nap later.

anyone else get breathless? its not wheezy but just more breathless. or when i laugh i cough sometimes cos its like i haven;t got enough breathe. i'm feeling ready for buba to come now.... this back end part is really hard...lol. full term tomorrow though so hopefully she won;t keep me waiting too long. :thumbsup:

Speaking of facebook earlier..... if anyone is on there my name is Danielle Waller. it would be nice to put some faces to names especially as i've gone through my pregnancy with u all.

anyway hope u all have a nice sunday....its supposed to be a sunny one :D

:xxx3: blowkiss :xxx3:

Sunday, June 26th 2011, 9:17am

booboo yep i get breathless all the time its reallly frustrating! cant even get up the stairs without getting breathless now think its just all the extra weight im carrying!! ill try find you on facebook later hun xxx

suki thanks hun ill wait till 38 weeks (if i get that far b4 i start sniffing then!! lol) i going to get my tens machine today or at least look at prices as i lent mine to my sister just tried it out and its broken :(

hoping that massage doent sound good! would have been fab if they had a special massage couch for your bump to go in?! reflexology is very good in oregnancy and you can sit how you like to have it done! i am qualified massgae, aromatherapist and reflexologist but never have anything done myself!!! always the way huh

AG i get loads of braxton hick too and did with my son only got to 37 weeks with him so am thinking i maynot get full 40 weeks with this one either but he was a very good size and she is good size at momemt so i not worried BUT maybe really fed up if i do go 40 weeks or more tho!! hehe

chillimint labour is always different and just glad its all over for you know and the outcome was good! i have a nice plan for my labour but hey ho if it doesnt go to plan long as little one comes out ok thats all that matters!! hope ur getting lots of rest and cuddles xxxx
TTC 4years for 2nd

ME 27 DH 38 me

bab21

ICSI diary xx

United Kingdom

Sunday, June 26th 2011, 8:07pm

Hi everyone! Phew - what a scorcher! And another one tomorrow. Everyone else struggling with the heat? I went and joined a lovely picnic in the park but had to come back, strip off and find the coolest room in the house to try to cool down. Doesn't seem much point buying new summer maternity clothes but I would love a floaty skirt or dress to handle this sort of weather.

Chillimint - sorry, I too missed the announcement of the arrival of baby Rose. What a beautiful name. Congratulations! I think however much we like to think we should plan the perfect birth, it will be what it will be and as long as the LO's come out safely and healthy, well, that's all that matters. Hope you're recovering well.

AFM, feeling good but ready for the little one to come out now, even though everything isn't in place yet. Had a bit of a wobble yesterday. A friend has sort of forced a few things onto me as loans - all very well meaning but not necessarily to my taste and I've found it really difficult to 'manage' her. That included a moses basket with lots of frills that I just don't want to put my little son in! And worse, given they're quite fragile, I wouldn't want to find I have to replace the whole lot for her with a new one which I would rather have had for myself in the first place!! I had bought a new mattress to go in it but hadn't realised I'd have to use all of those lacy covers! Yuk! So bought some new covers on Ebay (everything adding up in the end to more than having bought a whole basket and covers for myself probably!) and they arrived yesterday, clearly coming from a smokers home - grubby white edging and a bit smelly. I should have checked. Covers are really difficult to get hold of separately. I got stupidly upset about it, about having to use things a friend keeps pushing my way, about wanting the right things for the LO etc. - even though Moses baskets are used for what, 3 to 6 months only? All sorted - managed to pick up a basket with a design I like second hand locally (Netmums is good!) for £20 and that means I have a set of covers I like and 2 baskets to choose from! Made me realise I'm probably a bit more sensitive and emotional than I might normally might be! Oh, and that I need to be more assertive and not worry about offending people so much when their taste isn't aligned with mine! I wanted a crib rather than a basket and sheets that are boy-like, not lacy. Should have just been stronger about that in the first place and must remember not to do the same thing to other people!

Ok, going to see if I can have a look at the photos of BooBoo's nursery now! Have a good evening.

Harry x

United Kingdom

Sunday, June 26th 2011, 8:12pm

Buba - that nursery is beautiful!

No such luxuries for our LO because our whole house needs sorting so have decided to hold off - probably until he can choose some theme himself (though DH might have a hand in some jungle/animal stencils if I let him!)

Harry x

chatterbox

Megastar

Reg: Nov 30th 2007

Children: Two heaven sent miracles!

Monday, June 27th 2011, 1:34pm

:hello: ladies I've not popped in here before!
It'll take me some time to read back what you've all been chatting about. But I think its fairly similar to what's buzzing orund in my head... Sore hips, achy back, movement/kicking worries, what if I buy the wrong baby clothes and have I bought the right/most suitable/portable pram :snigger:

I had to have physio on my back/meck last week as my diaphragm is in spasm. Physio said bearig down in labour might be a prob if I don't stay loose around the upper abck and neck! It's still giving me jip and sitting at my desk in work isnt helping! Ouch! Good to hear there are so many of you doing so well too! :D

xxx

Me 40 DH 35 TTC 10yr
peritoneal mesothelioma, cystectomy 97 & 00
peritonectomy, lost both tubes & most of left ovary Aug 07

Dec 07 BFP b/ov m/c 9.6wk
July 08 BFN
Dec 08 BFP b/ov m/c 9.6wk

July 09 BFN
Nov 09 BFP 2 x sacs 1 b/o 1 no hrtbt m/c 9.2wk
May10 BFP at 8+4 m/mc @10wk scan ERPC

Found: High NK cells, DQ Alpha match, LAD neg & PAI-1 pos...

NOV 2010 - Immune IVF at CARE Manchester
:BFP: [zx076] :girl: born 25/8/11

OCT 2012 - Immune IVF at CARE Manchester
:BFP: [zx076] :boy: born 24/6/13

Monday, June 27th 2011, 4:14pm

Hi everyone,

I'm all hot and bothered. Being in work with cookers on has almost killed me today!!
Anyway just a quick post to ask some advice....
Had to ring triage yesterday as I have developed a numb patch on my stomach - just to the side of my belly button. MW said LO is probably pressing on a nerve and prob nothing to worry about. She said to see GP if I'm concerned but I'm not going to do that as he'll just say to see MW!!! Today though I've also noticed that my right hand fingers feel a bit numb as well - just feel a bit different as though the feeling is going...like I've gripped something for too long or carried something heavy (which I've not!) Do you think this is pregnancy related or just something else?
Stil itching as well but not on hands and feet so am just trying to ignore it but it's very hard!

Hope everyone is well xx

Monday, June 27th 2011, 4:24pm

Hi peeps and welcome to chatter box.

still no news from shelley??

i've just been for my scan and buba is actually breech :-( I really wasn't actually expecting it as my mw only sent me for the scan as a precaution and even the mw at the hosp today before the scan had a feel and said 'yep, she's head down'. so when i went for the actual scan i was really shocked.

so i have 2 choices - they try and turn her - but that involves taking drugs to softent the uterus and poking and prodding her. she wouldn;t know whats going on and she has emotions now, i hate the thought of her been scared. also how do they know they aren't hurting her ect. i would also have to be monitored afterwards incase she got into stress and they needed to give me and emergency section. i really don;t like the thought of all that. plus there's only a 50/50 chance they will be able to turn her. so all that effort and she might stay breech.

so second option is an elective c-section. i think i'm going with this but said i'd ring them in the morning after i've had a good think about it and know i'm doing the right thing. its not ideal and i really wanted to go through labour. i wanted to be able to feel what its like and its so natural to give birth. but then i just want buba out safe and i feel this is the safest option. also if i have her turned i might end up having an emergnecy section anyway so all the effort woud be for nothing.

so i'm a bit gutted that i won;t be going through labour. it feels a bit like every step of the way has had medical intervention and i wanted to do this bit natural. also a c-section means i won;t be able to be up and about for a while afterwards. but the most importnant thing is buba's safe arrival and i really don;t fancy her been turned. she's too precious to let anyone prod and poke her.

so hubs is taking me for tea now to cheer me up and i can tell him all about it (my mum came with me as dh was at work). i think he wants me to have elective c-section too. we both just want her out safe. so it looks like she might be here in 2 weeks.........

sorry for lack of personals.... i'll catch up properly tomorrow xxxxxxxxxxxx

Monday, June 27th 2011, 4:27pm

rocky - we crossed posts hun.

don;t kow about the tummy thing but the fingers definately sounds like carpel tunel. i've had it sinse about 20 weeks and it makes my fingers numb. i have to wear splints for bed that help. its is pregnancy related and your mw should send you to a physio if it gets bad like mine did. its just due to water retention. i get like numb fingers and pins and needle type feelings. hope that helps but see your mw anyway hun xxxx

Hoping77

What's Up?

Monday, June 27th 2011, 8:14pm

Booboo - sorry to hear your little girl is breach. I totally understand your concern of her being prodded and also if it will work. I think I personally would opt for an elected c-section, just to be on the safe side. I know women who coped differently after a c-section, some were uncomfy for a couple of weeks whereas others said they felt fine after just a few days. As you have strong tummy muscles I'm sure you'll cope fine afterwards. You may even get to meet your little girl earlier than you thought :) xx

Rocky - I don't have a numbness in my belly but just above my belly button to the left it feels very firm and hurts when I prod it. I'm not sure what it is or why that area is sore. I'm at the hospital tomorrow so plan on mentioning it. It is constantly firm in that area. I don't know if it's his hip based on how I've been told he is positioned but if it is he never seems to move it. If I were you I would mention it to your midwife or google it xx

Hello and welcome Chatterbox - congratulations on making the third trimester. Looking at your history you have had a very long hard journey to get here. It's lovely to see that it can happen eventually after years of trying. I was only ttc for 5 and a half years but it felt like a lifetime xx

Harry - glad you got your moses basket sorted. I too wouldn't have wanted a frilly set for my little boy. I have a cream moses basket with white hearts on and I'm wondering if it's too girlie. It is pretty though and I have a feeling he will only be in it for a couple of months so I won't bother changing it, plus I can't anyway as DH's mum bought it us after I chose it off a website xx

Mum - OMG can't believe what the girl put on your friends status. How immature, insenstive and horrible. I too would've posted hun telling her exactly what I thought of her and I do hope your friend has ignored her comment and removed her off her FB. How dare she think that it's OK to drink and smoke during pregnancy. Nothing repulses me more than seeing a pregnant woman smoke or drink. She'll probably get a shock as it's the long-term effects and her child may well have problems when they're older. It winds me up that people like that are blessed with children but I am a strong believer in karma and she will get what's coming to her one day. I feel sorry for her child. Good on you for telling her how you feel. Did she respond? xx

Starting to worry about Shelley. Hope you're OK hun and that you're just too busy to log on now that you have a gorgeous little boy xx

Hello to everyone else.

Soooooo warm today isn't it? We need a good thunderstorm I think to clear the air. My feet feel so hot and puffy. I've just had a luke warm bath and it was lush.

I'm at the hospital tomorrow for a scan and to see the midwife. I'm hoping they will say he is growing fine and that they don't want to induce me early, even though a friend on another website I go on is due a day before me and has been told she will be induced on 15th July, and they said her little boy was growing fine. I need at least a couple of weeks to get the nursery complete (now waiting for the wardrobes to be delivered) and my dad is putting the cotbed up this weekend, and I hope to get the blackout blinds fitted next week once I've decided which company to go for. Got a guy coming on Wednesday so depending what his quote his I will make a decision then. I just want to make sure my house is completely ready and then I will be able to relax and will be willing labour on but for now I'm hoping he stays inside me for at least a couple of weeks or so.

He is a constant wriggler and I know he has less room as my belly now goes from being round to oblong shape like he is stretching out sideways. It's funny to watch. A couple of times I am seeing a hand or foot stick out, not the actual shape but I know it's him sticking one of them out.

That's about it from me. I'll post again tomorrow to let you know how my hospital appointment goes.

United Kingdom

Tuesday, June 28th 2011, 7:44am

Hi there!

Booboo - I'm sorry to hear Buba is still breech. I can understand how you must feel. We all know that we can't control everything and necessarily have the birth exactly as we want it but we all still hope that might be the case! A hot and sticky night here last night so very little sleep. As I lay awake, I decided I should send you a post this morning to list some of the alternative upsides that a c-section might bring! I know you'll know these already but thought being reminded of some of the possible 'bonuses' that a midwife/doctor might not necessarily run through might cheer you up and make you laugh. Off the top of my head:

1. No tears, rips, cuts or stitches 'down there'! (ok, so you'll have c-section stitches but in a quite different place!)
2. You'll know really soon exactly when you're going to meet Buba! That's very exciting!
3. DH will probably need to do some of skin to skin baby bonding bit while you're recovering and it'll probably make him go all gooey and soppy over both of you! ;)
4. (excuse me for saying but...) no stretching of bits to quite ridiculous sizes - no risk of DH saying something like mine does which is "shall I ask them to put an extra stitch in just to make sure I can still feel it afterwards'!!!!! (I know, my DH is soooooo rude and needs a good slap!)
5. Pelvic floors! All those exercises we're being nagged to do, well, they probably matter less with a c-section! Much less risk of weeing yourself each time you cough/sneeze etc. afterwards!

Huge hug.

Harry x

Reg: Dec 11th 2009

Children: One gorgeous little dude Harrison born 15/08/11

Tuesday, June 28th 2011, 10:31am

Hello ladies!

Just a very quick post as have a conference call in eek 3mins but Booboo please read the below it might help you might or it might not its entirely up to you but as I said before Im a huge hypnobirth believer and just passing on some info with statistics etc, I think there has been a uk study too but dont have time to fine it but will later, also my midwife said that babies can move from breech right up to the 40th weeks and they would NEVER recommend a c section when you still have 3 weeks to go.

(this piece of info is from a website which is not endorsed by FZ)
HYPNOBIRTH WEBSITE -
"Turning breech babies - Babies usually turn around between 32 and 38 weeks of pregnancy. I am therefore saddened to hear of mums whose babies are breech being told at 32 weeks they will need to have a caesarean. Hypnosis is a very powerful tool for turning breech babies and often babies remain turned. It is a very gentle and comfortable way both for mother and baby. Using the techniques suggested and sometimes some hypnosis or EFT we have many great results at getting baby in the correct position.

For HypnoBirthing ® mums, often a phone call will suffice to turn a baby, however sometimes additional sessions are necessary. For non-HypnoBirthing ® mums, 1-3 sessions of hypnotherapy and/or EFT are usually required to turn baby.

A researcher at the University of Vermont, Burlington, USA, used hypnosis with 100 pregnant women whose babies were in the breech position between the 37th and 40th week of gestation. The women received hypnosis with suggestions for general relaxation and release of fear and anxiety. While under hypnosis, the women were also asked why their baby was in the breech position. 81% of the babies in the hypnosis group moved to the vertex position, compared with 48% of the control group. Hypnosis was most effective for the women motivated to use the technique. Aside from the visualization involved, the deep relaxation of hypnosis can help your abdomen to relax enough to allow the baby to turn if it wants to".

Huge hello to you all and will be on later to do personals and catch up.

Loz x

ME 35, DH 34
Nat BFP 2003 m/c at 9weeks.
TTC - 5years
3 x IUI - BFN
1 x IVF October 2010

Mummy to a gorgeous wee boy Harrison born 15/08/11

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Tuesday, June 28th 2011, 10:59am

Hi Ladies!!!

Don't forget to post your birth announcements on the Birth Announcement board!!!!! A lot of ladies won't see that your little bundles of joy have arrived if you post in here and I'm sure that there are lots of ladies still going through TX who would like to congratulate you all!

Have a good 3rd tri!!!

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

Tuesday, June 28th 2011, 12:56pm

Flic - I'll be announcing loud and clear to the world when our little one arrives safe and well!

Lozza - I've just ordered a hypno-birthing book and CD and need to get a wiggle on with the exercises etc. I'm very interested in the visualisation and breathing techniques as well as the getting rid of fear factor. I'm hoping that helps me as I can be a bit of a panicer!

Harry - your list for a c-section has been helpful - I would like to avoid one if possible, but reading that makes me feel slightly better about the prospect. Although in saying that I would rather avoid it, I want my baby here safe and well whatever method.

BooBoo - Sorry to hear that your little one is breech. It sounds like you and DH have talked it all through and have a plan that you are both comfortable with and that is the main thing. I had a friend who tried extra reflexology as well. This is meant to help, although she ended up not having a lot of fluid and there was no room for her baby to turn anyway. That might be worth a try. Here in Norway, they just go ahead with breach births and are quite experienced with them, but not what i'd like to go through!

Rocky - sounds like you have carpel tunnel. I've had this a little bit - hope it has eased for you.

Pelvis Floor excercises - what is everyone doing? I'm probably doing the minimium just now and need to up the work - what kinds of exercises are you all doing?

AFM - Had my 32 week check this morning and all is well, so my Dr gave me a letter saying that I was fit to fly and we are away home tomorrow for a week. Really looking forward to seeing my family and friends who have not seen me pregnant yet! Baby was doing well and is head down. She didn't say he/she was engaged, just that the head was down, so hoping that our little one stays that way. We're having the most horrendous weather just now. Really mild, but rainy and had a thunder storm this morning that i've never experienced before - was quite scary! Just having a day at home - i'm pampering my feet today and such like, as well as getting packed to go home. I can't wait!! We are heading out for dinner with some friends tonight to a favourite restaurant, so that will be nice. Hope you are all well. xxx

Reg: Jun 12th 2009

Tuesday, June 28th 2011, 2:27pm

Boo Boo - sorry to hear your baby is breech. My LO was breech aslo and i was gven the same sucess sats etc for the ECV. I was set against it and when to the appointment with the thought that i'd say no to it. However they reassured me that it doesn't hurt the baby at all and that if it doesn;t work I hadn't lost anything. So I let them give it a go. And it worked. It was NO WHERE near as bad as I imagined. Its a personal choice but I would do it again without hestitation. Good Luck!
Balanced translocation (me), 4 x miscarriages, PDG Jan 10 - BFN (no normal embryos), Aug 10 DE IVF - USA, very cautious BFP :)

chatterbox

Megastar

Reg: Nov 30th 2007

Children: Two heaven sent miracles!

Tuesday, June 28th 2011, 3:25pm

Boo Boo: I was at a parentcraft meeting last night and overheard that a woman had been sent home from her scheduled c-section - her breeech baby had turned the right way up! They do a routine scan before a c-sec in my hosp (probably everywhere!) and everyone was totally gobsmacked. So it might not be over just yet!

Rocky I was about to say the sme at AG - sounds likea bit of carpel tunnel in your wrists. If you mention it to the m/w then she can refer you for physio.

I'm waking up a lot in the night with pins and needles in my hands and that's when I'm sleeping in a "normal" position.... feels very odd, I'm sure it's also just pressure on nerves in various places.

xxx

Me 40 DH 35 TTC 10yr
peritoneal mesothelioma, cystectomy 97 & 00
peritonectomy, lost both tubes & most of left ovary Aug 07

Dec 07 BFP b/ov m/c 9.6wk
July 08 BFN
Dec 08 BFP b/ov m/c 9.6wk

July 09 BFN
Nov 09 BFP 2 x sacs 1 b/o 1 no hrtbt m/c 9.2wk
May10 BFP at 8+4 m/mc @10wk scan ERPC

Found: High NK cells, DQ Alpha match, LAD neg & PAI-1 pos...

NOV 2010 - Immune IVF at CARE Manchester
:BFP: [zx076] :girl: born 25/8/11

OCT 2012 - Immune IVF at CARE Manchester
:BFP: [zx076] :boy: born 24/6/13

Tuesday, June 28th 2011, 5:55pm

Hi all, not been on for a while, I'll try and catch up,

Hi nice to see you over here chatterbox, pins and needles is most probably from lying on your hands but if it continues to get worse then it can also be a sign of carpel tunnel so I'd mention it to your m/w
Scoffs, how are things going?

AG, I'm glad all went well and you are able to travel over tomorrow, weather here was reall;y hot but not it has gone back to cool, which I'm pleased about as it was unbearable for me. Enjoy your lovely meal tonight. I'm nopt very good a the old pelvic floors, infact you just reminded me so I have done 10 while on the computer (not sure how many your suppose to do)

Lorraine, I have borrowed a hyponobirthing book from the library. When I mention it to people they turn there eyes up at me (I work in a hospital so very medically minded people!!) I just think if I can do something to help then thats great and it doesn't harm the baby or myself, if it doesn't work then it just wasn't for me!!

Hoping, is it not a little early for them to be talking about inducing you? How did your appointment go today?

Booboo, I'm really suprised that they are thinking of booking a c-section at 37 weeks, can you not try some natural methods of trying to turn the baby before you have to result in this or manuall manipulation? Get bouncing on a ball and lying on your left side, walks are good too and make sure your knes are below your hips when sitting, hope that is helpful. But if your ahve to have a c-section and baby is born safely then that is the best option for you. Keep your chin up.

Rocky, how is the numbness, it is likely that baby is lying on a nerve but if it contnues then I would go and see the GP to get it checked out. The hands could be carpel tunnel as previously suggested. Hope you are not too hot today as cooking is hot work whatever the weather!!
Mum82, that friend message was horrible and I wouldn't class her as a friend, I'd have written back, sounds like you didn't deserve to be pregnant!!

AFM: Non stop for me still. Worked sunday and it was unbearable with the heat. Got another shift tomorrow night, if its bad then I might just cancel my other shifts and relax!! Last night I went to see Take That it was absolutely amazing!!! We had ground tickets but I managed to squeeze into some seats as when I was on the ground people were pushing and I felt uncomfortable about it. In fact the view I had was fab!! Been to yoga today then my last antenatal appointment (wow only 7 weeks to go). Now i'm waiting for the financial advisor to discuss uinsurances. Still no news on the move date, which is highly annoying, I'm gettting very impatient and hope it will be in 2 weeks (else I might cry in front of them, see if that works!!). We will probably go camping this weekend now the move isn't happening next week, although I'm waiting on the weather, if its raining I'm going no-where!!!

Hope you are all doing well. Has Shelly had her baby? xxx

Tuesday, June 28th 2011, 6:17pm

Hello lovlies.

thanks for all our advice and storied on breech babies. your all so thoughtful and lovely lurve
me and dh had a chat last night and i definately want to go for the c-section. i'be just heard too many horror stories about the babies been turned and i just really don;t fancy taking any meds to soften my uterus. i don;t even take paracetamol when i have a headache...lol. and i know they monitor you after the turning procedure but it'd be when i got home i'd be sat worrying. so i've decided the safest option for me and that will cause me less worry is the c-section. so i seen to have my head around it now and accepted i probably won;t be labouring. having said that....she still has 3 weeks to turn cos the c section will be booked for near my due date. they did say thought that it wasn unlikely she'd turn on her own but u never know......

so i'm at the hosp tomorrow to discuss things with the consultant and i'll get my date for the section. if i go into labout before the date they give me then it'd be just a case of going to hosp as soon as i wa sin labour and they'd do an emergency section. most 1st time mums go past the 40 week mark though so i won;t worry too much about that. when i rung the mw today with my decision she said she totally understood my decision with it been an IVF pregnancy and so that made me feel better like i'd made the right decision.

so anyway, today i went to stock up on nappy's. i've bought huggy's pampers and asda's little angels so i can see which i like the best. i also bought some more cute sleep suits cos i couldn't resist..lol. then the health visitor came today and gave me my red book. its a just a book that gets filled in about the babies development and weight ect. i was also told about various BF'ing and mum and baby groups in the area so that was good.

Hoping - how did the hosp apt go hun? was nathan measuring ok? buba was 6lb 6oz on my scan yesterday. Hope they don't have to induce you too early hun. maybe your friend just has a different history to you or they do things different at her hosp. i'm sure whatever they advise will be the best for nathan. how are u getting on with his nursery? are u still on your nesting one? i have to go a bit easier now cos i don;t want to bring my labour on knowing she's breech..lol. xxx

harry - i was laughing at your positives of a c-section. my mum was saying the same..lol. thanks for them pointers, they cheered me up :smile:

lozza- hope your ok. thanks for the info too hun. i've been recommended a c-section but not for until 2-3 weeks time so that fits with what your mw said. they certainly won;t be booking it for now, the longer that buba cooks the better. i think they do it the week she is due. hope writing all that didn;t make u late for your conference call...lol xxx

AG - thats good news you are fit to fly hun. i bet your looking forward to seeing your family and friends. i was looking at your piccies on facebook of scotland and it looks just beautiful where your family live. i should go to scotland for a holiday sometimes as people always say how beautiful it is.i have been to edinburgh but only on a hen doo....not very cultural... :snigger: xxx

scoffs - hope you are well hun. i didn;t realise u had your baby turned with a ECV. thats great news it worked for you. i know what i'm like though and i just think i'd sit at home worrying she was ok afterwards and i'd probably drive myself crazy..lol. xxx

chatterbox -sounds like u have carpel tunnel hun. i get pins and needles in my hands all the time. they go numb too. it got so bad at one point my lower arm ached all the time and 3 of my fingers were constantly numb. i wear splints in bed now that i got from the physio and they've really helped. if you let your mw know she should book you and apt with a physio. thats mad that story about the lady who went for her section and then her baby had turned without her knowing. i think i might be a bit disapointed if i'd got my head round a c section and thought i was meeting my baby that day to be sent home...lol. xxx

adreamz - everyone i know who's seen take that say how amazing they were. i saw them 5 years ago and would love to have gone this time but knew i'd be too far pregnant if tx worked (i was doing tx when the tickets went on sale so didn;t risk buying any). hope your house move is soon for you. bet your getting impatiant now, but theres nothing u can do about it hun so some fun camping in the mean time sounds fun...hope the weather forcast is good for you xxx

xxxxxxx

Reg: Sep 21st 2010

Children: One little miracle girl born 22/09/11

Tuesday, June 28th 2011, 8:40pm

Hi girls,

I'm just over 29 weeks and am feeling a tightness just under my belly button - it's like someone pulled a belt tight there. I don't think it's Braxton Hicks, as it doesn't go away - had it all day and all night yesterday. Anyone else have this or know what it might be? baby is currently breech.

Good luck to all!

Cath x
Cath x

ICSI: 3rd Jan 2011: :BFP:

Reg: Dec 6th 2010

Tuesday, June 28th 2011, 9:02pm

Hi cath!! I havnt really been writing anything on this thread as been busy and stuck in hospital with kidney stones!!
I have had a couple of bh and they just lasted a few mins at a time. I get a tight bit when my litle one sticks his bum out as he us transverse as I have a low lying placenta. Hope you are well otherwise. And hello to everyone else here!

Liz

6 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

6 guests