You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "SingingNun" is no longer a member of FZ
  • "SingingNun" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Feb 8th 2006

Children: Rebecca, born 12th March 2008

Sunday, September 17th 2006, 7:41pm

Employment Policy & Legislation: the right to request flexible working pattern: basic summary

http://www.dti.gov.uk/employment/employm…/page16358.html

This link takes u to the DTI basic guidelines on a parents right to request flexible working hours and the legal guidelines.

xxx Lorraine xxx

• "victoria82" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Oct 5th 2005

Monday, September 18th 2006, 12:09pm

RE: Employment Policy & Legislation: the right to request flexible working pattern: basic summary

the thing with the flexible working hours is that the employer dont have to grant it. it not a law.

so if you have a nasty boss then he could rufused you saying he has try to be flexible but can't help you.

i am on flexible working hours at the moment. i got a fab manager but he is moving soon and a new boss is going who i hate from head to toes. so i know there going to be a big issue with mine soon. and i am so ready for him.

IRISH

• "IRISH" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Jul 15th 2006

Monday, September 18th 2006, 2:01pm

"GO VICTORIA, GO VICTORIA, GO VICTORIA, GO VICTORIA"

• "victoria82" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Oct 5th 2005

Tuesday, September 19th 2006, 9:24am

Quoted

Originally posted by mum24premmie
"GO VICTORIA, GO VICTORIA, GO VICTORIA, GO VICTORIA"

LOL. thank you. :D ;)

Saz

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Wednesday, September 20th 2006, 8:10pm

They have to be able to give a reasonable answer for refusal tho. Thy can't just say no. As you already are working flexibly. there is obviously no reasons against it!! Fight your corner, I am!!!!! [zx101] [zx052]

• "SingingNun" is no longer a member of FZ
  • "SingingNun" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Feb 8th 2006

Children: Rebecca, born 12th March 2008

Thursday, September 21st 2006, 2:20pm

How did you get on Saz? Is it in "discussion"?

xxx Lorraine xxx

Saz

Thursday, September 21st 2006, 3:09pm

Ball is in their court at the minute. Jut have to await a reply from them.

Friday, September 22nd 2006, 12:47pm

I had a discussion with my boss the other day and asked if I could drop to 25hrs instead of 30 and he said NO!! I explained about having to do the school run and having a new baby being on my own, and the fact that I didn't want to rely on my mum one day every week to do the school run!

I've read our Flexible Working Policy and he doesn't have to grant it if it will affect the department etc. I can't see that 5hrs will affect my job at all and I even have someone working with me now who can do most of my job ?(

I think I'll work on him nearer the time. We also have something called 'V-time Working' where you get to reduce your hours of work for say 6mnths, then you go back to the hours you used to work - I might try that if all else fails ?(

Saz

Friday, September 22nd 2006, 12:56pm

They have to give you sufficient reasons hun, can't just say no. You would probably be able to argue your case successfully that it will not affect your department. Put it in writing. Use Lorraines link above.

Friday, September 22nd 2006, 1:08pm

The only excuse he came up with is that the NHS is in a state and if I reduce me hours, I'll never get them back - he also said it would be wrong to let me do it in my position - this is a joke as my job hasn't been banded and I'm not a manager of chief exec or anything - so he's taking the p**s really.

The more I think about it, the more it's annoying me - he's brilliant about everything else, but I think he's worried they'll take the dept off him as his secretary is leaving sometime soon and that'll leave him with just 3 staff and as he's approaching 65 it doesn't look good ?(

Reg: Mar 13th 2006

Children: 1 DD

Thursday, November 9th 2006, 7:42am

I have been on flexi working hours for the last 3 years my work have always granted it no problem. I am very lucky i work 9.30 - 2.30. Perfect for the school run for me and DH works 6am - 2pm everyday so we always get the afternoons to spend with all of us. x

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE