You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "Caymansarah" started this thread

Reg: Jul 19th 2008

Saturday, May 7th 2011, 9:23pm

gestational sac measuring small - any good news stories out there?

HI

I have just had IVF - egg retrieval (aka ovulation) was on 15th April. So far it seems I am pregnant. Yesterday I went in for a scan to see whether I am dealing with twins or a singleton. I was only expecting to see gestational sac - no heartbeat so my expectations were low. There were 2 - 1 much smaller that the other but they were both small. The doc said that they looked more like 3.5 weeks - not 5. Now I am worried - I don't know where to hang my feelings. I can't get excited because I am fearful that this might indicate that they have stopped growing but I cannot mourn them either.

I have to go back on Tuesday for another HCG beta and also another quick peak. How bad is this? Has anyone had this and have everything turn out ok?

Thanks ladies. ;(
3 mcs at 5w,
Owen 6 weeks premie - my survivor
1 D&C at 9w,
Charlie born and lost at 22 weeks
April 2011 - IVF - ICSI - BFP due 6 Jan, 2012

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Saturday, May 7th 2011, 9:33pm

Hi Caymansarah,
unfortunately I don't have any answers for you, you will have to wait for the next scan and beta. I just wanted to send you a big :hugs: as I know how terrible all the waiting is and I can see you are worried.
Take care

Rache

Reg: Oct 4th 2010

Sunday, May 8th 2011, 8:41pm

hi there

Firsty congratulations on being pregnant !!

I cant really give any advise other than when you have your bloods done again it will paint a better picture

Just try to hang in there i have been in a similar situation so i know how hard it is

love n hugs

rache
Me 31 DH 31 - TTC 3 yrs var combined problems

May 2010 big shock natural BFP m/c @ 6wk :bawl:

1st ICSI Sept 10- cancelled poor response :-(

2nd ICSI April/May 11

April 2011 BIG BIG shock BFP again - hoping this is our time :shush: xfingers xfingers

Spain United Kingdom

Reg: Oct 11th 2009

Children: 2 teenage sons 13 & 14 and my miracle twins Noha Martina & Oscar Noha born 7 wks early 11/10/11 RIP princess Noha <3

Wednesday, May 11th 2011, 3:12pm

Hi congratulations :)

I am also pregnant with twins and when i had my 1st scan i was only 6wks+1 and the nurse said there was only 1 sac that was measuring only 5 weeks!!!! I didnt worry tho as i know that its very hard to determine the size so early on, i then went and had another scan at 7wks+2 and there were 2 sacs with 2 yolks and heart beats both measuring at 7wks+2 :) so please dont worry as it is only very early.

Have you had another scan yet??

IVFx3
TWINS [zx076] [zx076] 7wks prem
Oscar Noha 4lb2 - Tracheal Esophageal Fistula & Esophageal Atresia
Noha Martina 3lb8 - HLHS RIP Princess
My TWIN diary

Thursday, May 12th 2011, 1:18am

Thanks ladies for your messages - esp Kelly for sending me a private message to let me know you had responded - sometimes I forget what I and posted and where.

So since the last scan I have been back and one has gone but thankfully the other has grown - still too early for a heart beat and I honestly won't feel better until I have seen a good, regular heartbeat - the 2 babies that I saw heart beats for both stuck - at least through the first trimester. ( I have had 3 early mcs, 1 d&c after the heart beat stopped at 8 weeks, Charlie stuck but had massive defects and was born at 22weeks, not surviving the delivery and Owen is my sweet boy (6 weeks premature with placental abruption) - so you can see why I am approaching this with such caution.)

But if I see a good heart beat I will be much more comfy. Everything else feels good - I am good and knackered, my boobs are sore, interesting abdominal twinges and all that good pregnancy stuff. The only problem with my last scan was that there was suddenly a pretty big fibroid - that has appeared out of thin air - 2x2.5cms so about 2.5 times the size of the gestational sac. I read they can get to be the size of a volleyball!!!!!!! :8o: So I may not be carrying twins but I could well deliver a baby and a volleyball sized fibroid....almost the same thing, right?

So wish me luck for my scan on saturday - a lot rests on that and I will have passed the scarey 6 week mark....then I need to have a good 8 week scan then all eyes on 12 weeks and a good nuchal scan and I will only completely relax after the 20 week scan....a long wait but such is my history. I do rocky roads.
3 mcs at 5w,
1 D&C at 9w,

Rico

Reg: Jun 5th 2010

What's Up?
OFSTED is over!!! We're good, good, good! :)

Friday, May 13th 2011, 6:01pm

Everything crossed for you hunny xfingers

My Diary

1 IVF/ICSI failed to fertilise May 10 :bawl:
2: IVF/ICSI October10 (BFN) :sniff:
3: IVF/ICSI Feb 11 - OMG a very cautious :BFP: :bawl: Another little soul lost M/C 7 weeks :bawl:
4: Full fresh ICSI/SSR/IVF Feb 12 xfingers :BFN: :tear:
5: :goodnews: IM Barcelona for DE Oct/Nov 13 - :BFP: :heart: seen many times :loony:
Our miracle is here bab22 30/6/14 :thumbsup2:

Wednesday, May 18th 2011, 8:10pm

update - so one disappeared and the other has grown - in fact we even saw a little heart beating last saturday - pregnancy feels strong - plenty of symptoms. I am beginning to think maybe just maybe this could be the one? Next scan 26th May - 1 week and 1 day to go. Also I am handing over to my obgyn - that must be a good sign too.........please please please please please.....
3 mcs at 5w,
1 D&C at 9w,

Pootle

Megastar

Reg: Mar 31st 2007

Children: 2 beautiful girls.

Wednesday, May 18th 2011, 9:09pm

Congrats on your strong little beanie.

** FIRST TRIMESTER CHAT ** There are lots of other ladies in their first tri on this thread and you may want to dive in and join in the chat!

I hope you have a happy and healthy pregnancy.

x

My family is complete...I am grateful every day

DD1, natural miracle, 2005
DD2, IVF miracle, 2008